Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,652 members, 7,820,265 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

Yorubas Are Coward? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas Are Coward? (4055 Views)

Yorubas Are The Biggest Importers In Nigeria. / "Coward, I Appointed You" - Uwazuruike Blasts Nnamdi Kanu / Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yorubas Are Coward? by loabb2(m): 1:11am On Jun 13, 2017
Do you know that the major actors responsible for the victory of the ill fated civil war were Yorubas (Ben Adekunle, Obasanjo, Gen Adebayo, Awolowo etc)

Do you know that it was ONLY the yorubas that stood by Ojukwu in his early days in exile despite being a treasonable felony to do so.

Do you know that no Igbo leader, not even one, has the gut to visit Ojukwu in exile within the first seven years. Only Yoruba 'cowards' like Soyinka, Tai Solarin & co were braved enough to visit and spend time with him in Abidjan.

Do you know that of all his contemporaries it was only the Zik of Africa that ran abroad during the political turbulence of late 60s.

Do you know that if Abiola was to be Igbo in the case of June 12, they won't have gotten Obasanjo.
Do you know that despite the heroic welcome giving to Ikemba upon his return from exile, the same people rejected him from becoming a senator less than a year after?

Yorubas are not cowards.

We are compasionate deep thinkers who don't do things precipitously and we see beyond tommorow.
We don't fight wars we can win with brains with hands.

We are warrior who use great ideas, intellection and strategies to fight war.

We can decide to lose a battle just to win a war.
We are the most sophisticated microcosm of the entity called Nigeria.

We are the glue that bind Nigeria together.
We are Yorubas, omo to ni ran. The desendant of Oduduwa.

Tayo Olajubu.

31 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Yorubas Are Coward? by Waspy(m): 1:16am On Jun 13, 2017
angry
Re: Yorubas Are Coward? by kasheemawo(m): 1:44am On Jun 13, 2017
My blother 1/10 is sacrosanct for who get ear oooo
Re: Yorubas Are Coward? by booblacain(m): 2:19am On Jun 13, 2017
All those talk of Yorubas are cowards are just rubbish talk. Fela kuti is one of the bravest men that ever came out of black Africa and he was a Yoruba man.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are Coward? by Paretomaster(m): 2:59am On Jun 13, 2017
NNAMDIII:
Abeg carry your tribalism go one side. Who told you that ojukwu is the greatest ibo man??

Oh!! It's kwunu right? Gerraheremehn

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are Coward? by NNAMDIII(m): 3:02am On Jun 13, 2017
Paretomaster:

Oh!! It's kwunu right? Gerraheremehn
Kanu can never be the greatest ibo man! Tribalism will kill you, I pity you sha

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are Coward? by Jonathan39: 3:27am On Jun 13, 2017
Major Hamza Al-Mustapha(rtd), ex-Chief Security Officer (CSO) to late Military head of State, General Sani Abacha has alleged that Yoruba Leaders, led by Chief Ayo Opadokun collected bribe from the killers of the late acclaimed winner of the June 12, 1993 presidential election, Chief MKO Abiola in Aso Rock Presidential Villa.

According to Al-Mustapha who spoke in Kaduna State on Monday after a meeting to broker peace between the North and South-Eastern part of country over the quit notice issued to Igbos by Arewa Coalition groups, Opadokun led others to the villa to meet Abiola’s killers, but came out laughing after receiving dollars, just a day after their leader (MKO) was killed.

He said he had a video tape how Opadokun and others collected bribe over Abiola’s death said, saying that he had since submitted a copy to a Lagos High Court, presided over by Justice Mojisola Dada.

“Chief Opadokun is someone I respect so much as an elder. But what came out in the newspaper is his own imagination and falsehood against me. If you know my character, you will know that I will not be scared to say the truth, it doesn’t matter who, it does not matter where, but you will later realise that I told you the truth. I initially didn’t want to reply him, but now that you have asked, I will tell you what happened."

“When Abiola died, a day after, he (Opadokun) was invited to the Presidency, and he came to the villa alongside his friends. He came with anger into the villa. Those who killed Abiola invited him to the villa. At that material time, they came to fight the government, they wanted to set the country ablaze, considering the tone they came with.

They went into the meeting, they came out laughing, yelling and gearing as if nothing happened in the country.

A day after Abiola’s death if you remember, the country was on the verge of collapse. But seeing what was going on and the things around Abiola led me to suspect them, I had not handed over the villa to Abdulsalami

Abubakar government then, so I decide to video-tape what they were doing and I have the tape and I have tendered the tape before a court of law, before Justice Mojisola Dada of the Lagos High Court,” he stated.

Al-Mustapha added that in the tape, money exchanged hands and that they traded with Abiola and “that is my anger. The tape is in that court, anybody that wants to watch it can get it and watch, it is now a public document. I didn’t want to talk about it before, but money was brought from CBN in my presence and it was shared.

So, if I talk about Abiola’s well being and safety, and that of his family, I am telling Nigerians what really happened. Why should a person from the same South West, who is supposed to protect Abiola’s interest, now be seen to be angry with me? He should be happy with for saying the fact, so that it will not happen again in Nigeria.

“Now, they have forgotten about Abiola but the moment I talk, they will come to the pages of newspapers and start insulting me, I didn’t want to respond to them, but since you have asked, I have to say this. All they have done is that they took money and the moment you talk about Abiola, you become their enemies and they will abuse you in the papers, that is what they are doing to me, but I don’t care,” he added.
Paretomaster:
Correct.. ...Yoruba are not cowards, Hausa are not cowards.. .this I know, but Igbos.. ..i only know d greatest Igbo man ran away after leading many fools to their early graves..

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are Coward? by afonjadie: 4:13am On Jun 13, 2017
Op you don't have the slightest idea what it means to be a coward

Check your dictionary

However lemme book small space to educate you and your likes

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are Coward? by afonjadie: 4:14am On Jun 13, 2017
Another space grin
Re: Yorubas Are Coward? by afonjadie: 4:15am On Jun 13, 2017
Another one Op land for thismyour thread cheap well well grin
Re: Yorubas Are Coward? by BabaRamota1980: 4:17am On Jun 13, 2017
loabb2:

Do you know that the major actors responsible for the victory of the ill fated civil war were Yorubas (Ben Adekunle, Obasanjo, Gen Adebayo, Awolowo etc)

Do you know that it was ONLY the yorubas that stood by Ojukwu in his early days in exile despite being a treasonable felony to do so.

Do you know that no Igbo leader, not even one, has the gut to visit Ojukwu in exile within the first seven years. Only Yoruba 'cowards' like Soyinka, Tai Solarin & co were braved enough to visit and spend time with him in Abidjan.

Do you know that of all his contemporaries it was only the Zik of Africa that ran abroad during the political turbulence of late 60s.

Do you know that if Abiola was to be Igbo in the case of June 12, they won't have gotten Obasanjo.
Do you know that despite the heroic welcome giving to Ikemba upon his return from exile, the same people rejected him from becoming a senator less than a year after?

Yorubas are not cowards.

We are compasionate deep thinkers who don't do things precipitously and we see beyond tommorow.
We don't fight wars we can win with brains with hands.

We are warrior who use great ideas, intellection and strategies to fight war.

We can decide to lose a battle just to win a war.
We are the most sophisticated microcosm of the entity called Nigeria.

We are the glue that bind Nigeria together.
We are Yorubas, omo to ni ran. The desendant of Oduduwa.

Tayo Olajubu.

This is it!
Re: Yorubas Are Coward? by BabaRamota1980: 4:22am On Jun 13, 2017
Jonathan39:

Major Hamza Al-Mustapha(rtd), ex-Chief Security Officer (CSO) to late Military head of State, General Sani Abacha has alleged that Yoruba Leaders, led by Chief Ayo Opadokun collected bribe from the killers of the late acclaimed winner of the June 12, 1993 presidential election, Chief MKO Abiola in Aso Rock Presidential Villa.

According to Al-Mustapha who spoke in Kaduna State on Monday after a meeting to broker peace between the North and South-Eastern part of country over the quit notice issued to Igbos by Arewa Coalition groups, Opadokun led others to the villa to meet Abiola’s killers, but came out laughing after receiving dollars, just a day after their leader (MKO) was killed.

He said he had a video tape how Opadokun and others collected bribe over Abiola’s death said, saying that he had since submitted a copy to a Lagos High Court, presided over by Justice Mojisola Dada.

“Chief Opadokun is someone I respect so much as an elder. But what came out in the newspaper is his own imagination and falsehood against me. If you know my character, you will know that I will not be scared to say the truth, it doesn’t matter who, it does not matter where, but you will later realise that I told you the truth. I initially didn’t want to reply him, but now that you have asked, I will tell you what happened."

“When Abiola died, a day after, he (Opadokun) was invited to the Presidency, and he came to the villa alongside his friends. He came with anger into the villa. Those who killed Abiola invited him to the villa. At that material time, they came to fight the government, they wanted to set the country ablaze, considering the tone they came with.

They went into the meeting, they came out laughing, yelling and gearing as if nothing happened in the country.

A day after Abiola’s death if you remember, the country was on the verge of collapse. But seeing what was going on and the things around Abiola led me to suspect them, I had not handed over the villa to Abdulsalami

Abubakar government then, so I decide to video-tape what they were doing and I have the tape and I have tendered the tape before a court of law, before Justice Mojisola Dada of the Lagos High Court,” he stated.

Al-Mustapha added that in the tape, money exchanged hands and that they traded with Abiola and “that is my anger. The tape is in that court, anybody that wants to watch it can get it and watch, it is now a public document. I didn’t want to talk about it before, but money was brought from CBN in my presence and it was shared.

So, if I talk about Abiola’s well being and safety, and that of his family, I am telling Nigerians what really happened. Why should a person from the same South West, who is supposed to protect Abiola’s interest, now be seen to be angry with me? He should be happy with for saying the fact, so that it will not happen again in Nigeria.

“Now, they have forgotten about Abiola but the moment I talk, they will come to the pages of newspapers and start insulting me, I didn’t want to respond to them, but since you have asked, I have to say this. All they have done is that they took money and the moment you talk about Abiola, you become their enemies and they will abuse you in the papers, that is what they are doing to me, but I don’t care,” he added.

Hamza has been beating chest about a tape he has....for more than ten years now. Where is the dayam tape? They released tape of Diya, did they not? In fact Al Mustapha was the one who secretly taped Diya and he released it. Where is tape of Yoruba collecting bribe on MKO? We are tired of ten year old noise about a non-existing tape. All propaganda. grin

8 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are Coward? by Paretomaster(m): 4:41am On Jun 13, 2017
NNAMDIII:
Kanu can never be the greatest ibo man! Tribalism will kill you, I pity you sha

Then noone is great in Igboland

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are Coward? by Doublecheck: 4:49am On Jun 13, 2017
You keep talking about Afonjas who were screaming from exile, behind bars, doing eye service or used to spy on Ojukwu Afonjas are not just cowards but also rats and snitches. Is that all the list you have for Afonja brave men, shame, for a tribe that boast of over 20 million, all Afonjas do is talk they can't put their money where their mouth is, Igbo's don't talk the talk we walk the walk, Igbo's don't do eye service, afonjas can keep screaming on the pages of newspapers and media from overseas but that does not change the fact that they are cowards, Igbo's have proven themselves times without number no need mentioning names you know these names you studied them in schools as leaders who were brave to lead their people from any form of bondage.

Abiola was killied nothing happened
Kudirat was killed nothing happened
Bola Ige was killed nothing happened
Fela was battered and victimized nothing happened
Fela's mother was cast from a story building like the devil was cast into the Abyss nothing happened
Tinubu has been victimized and disgraced nothing happened even if he is killed nothing will still happen
Afonjas were cast out of Illorin and enslaved in their ancestral lands by an emir nothing happened
Afonjas have been butchered by every ethnic group in Lagos including Ijaws and nothing happened
So tell me what have changed? Why should they be viewed any differently now? Because Reno wrote a piece?
Afonja are cowards and will remain so, nothing will change it, even as colonial slaves they were the most loyal

Igbo's on the other hand have fought the entire world power for its right to freedom and liberty
Igbo's have fought the FG led by world powers and still the war ended no victor no vanquished
Igbo's rebelled against slave raiders, fought colonialist and Igbo slaves chose death over slavery
Igbo's have fought the northerns in the north to defend themselves from religious and ethnic wars
Igbo's have fought in the west to defend themselves from Opc, Afonja touts, criminal and vandals.
Igbo's don't need any introduction to warfare for freedom, equal rights and justice only Afonjas do.
One of our own was arrested we shut the entire country down and had the whole world singing Biafra
How brave our act of heroism have cause the nation and world to identify with our struggles of today
We all remember the World famous Aba women riots, even our women are braver than Afonja men.
Our bravery is not that of words or pen to paper, but that of sheer strength, innovation and wisdom
Think again Afonja Igbo's are more than your peers, We outclass and outmatch you on all front today or any other.

The list is endless let me keep it short, like I said you don't need names, look through the politics section you will find the names trending everywhere. Being brave is not an act of one man but one man can cause brave men to act, maybe it is safe to say Afonjas have produced several men to cause brave men to act but because of their coward bloodline they never did, and again their brave men were only brave on the pages of news papers and media, so you see son that is the difference between a hamlet Afonja clan tribe and the great Igbo race.

Peace create another thread to masturbate I have shut this one down and made you look foolish.

8 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are Coward? by orisa37: 5:40am On Jun 13, 2017
We hear.
Re: Yorubas Are Coward? by kingzizzy: 6:19am On Jun 13, 2017
My opinion, same as most of my fellow Igbos, is that Yorubas are indeed cowards.

It is only the Yoruba man that will call Ojukwu, who fought for 3 years for the liberation of his people, a coward. Yet, the Yoruba man who has never fought for his own liberation and can never do so, regard themselves as brave. I laugh in Igbo.

The Yoruba man has no sense of self determination. It takes a brave person/people to seek independence. Igbos have never been shy of this.

But a natural coward who is afraid to stand on their own will go and hide in the comfort zone of 'one Nigeria' so as not to expose the fact that they are afraid of independence and what it entails, like Yorubas have done.

Yorubas lack the strenght to challenge the North and this is sheer cowardice. In 1966, Northern elements went to Ibadan and slaughtered Lt Col Fajuyi who was Military Governor of the Western Region. Yorubas did nothing

20 years later, again the Northerners abduct and slaughter the Yoruba nations brightest political star, Chief MKO Abiola. Again, the Yoruba nation could do nothing.

Three different times, the North has chased out a Yoruba man from his rightful place as head of state, Brigadier Ogundipe, MKO Abiola and Shonekan. Yorubas could do nothing.

A few thousand Northern Soldiers held the entire Yoruba land and the western Region hostage when they killed Lt Col Fajuyi and chased Brigadier Ogundipe and brought a much junior Lt Col Gowon to take over. Yoruba reaction to this desecration of their land was to meekly accept the North as their lord and master.

The North has poked the eye of the Yoruba nation many times, Yorubas have never done anything.

Of the three main ethnic groups, only Yorubas have never taken their destiny in their hands an attempted secession. Yorubas are also the only zone in southern Nigeria who have never taken up arms against Nigeria.

All these historical events leads me to the conclusion that Yorubas are cowards.

5 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are Coward? by Justuceleague2: 6:49am On Jun 13, 2017
BabaRamota1980:

Hamza has been beating chest about a tape he has....for more than ten years now. Where is the dayam tape? They released tape of Diya, did they not? In fact Al Mustapha was the one who secretly taped Diya and he released it. Where is tape of Yoruba collecting bribe on MKO? We are tired of ten year old noise about a non-existing tape. All propaganda. grin

Don't mind the 1994 pikins their brain is built to copy and paste, they don't research or find facts they just spew what they've read somewhere

Àwọn ọmọ àlè játijàti

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are Coward? by akpamuomenka: 6:52am On Jun 13, 2017
Doublecheck:
You keep talking about Afonjas who were screaming from exile, behind bars, doing eye service or used to spy on Ojukwu Afonjas are not just cowards but also rats and snitches. Is that all the list you have for Afonja brave men, shame, for a tribe that boast of over 20 million, all Afonjas do is talk they can't put their money where their mouth is, Igbo's don't talk the talk we walk the walk, Igbo's don't do eye service, afonjas can keep screaming on the pages of newspapers and media for overseas but that does not change the fact that they are cowards, Igbo's have proven themselves times without number no need mentioning names you know these names you studied them in schools as leaders who were brave to lead their people from any form of bondage.

Fela's mother was cast from a story building like the devil was cast into the Abyss nothing happened
Tinubu has been victimized and disgraced nothing happened even if he is killed nothing will still happen
Afonjas were cast out of Illorin and enslaved in their ancestral lands by an emir nothing happened
Afonjas have been butchered by every ethnic group in Lagos including Ijaws and nothing happened
So tell me what have changed? Why should they be viewed any differently now? Because Reno wrote a piece?
Afonja are cowards and will remain so, nothing will change it, even as colonial slaves they were the most loyal

Igbo's on the other hand have fought the entire world power for its right to freedom and liberty
Igbo's have fought the FG led by world powers and still the war ended no victor no vanquished
Igbo's rebelled against slave raiders, fought colonialist and Igbo slaves chose death over slavery
Igbo's have fought the northerns in the north to defend themselves from religious and ethnic wars
Igbo's have fought in the west to defend themselves from Opc, Afonja touts, criminal and vandals.
Igbo's don't need any introduction to warfare for freedom, equal rights and justice only Afonjas do.
One of our own was arrested we shut the entire country down and had the whole world singing Biafra
How brave our act of heroism have cause the nation and world to identify with our struggles of today
We all remember the World famous Aba women riots, even our women are braver than Afonja men.
Our bravery is not that of words or pen to paper, but that of sheer strength, innovation and wisdom
Think again Afonja Igbo's are more than your peers, We outclass and outmatch you on all front today or any other.

The list is endless let me keep it short, like I said you don't need names, look through the politics section you will find the names trending everywhere. Being brave is not an act of one man but one man can cause brave men to act, maybe it is safe to say Afonjas have produced several men to cause brave men to act but because of their coward bloodline they never did, and again their brave men were only brave on the pages of news papers and media, so you see son that is the difference between a hamlet Afonja clan tribe and the great Igbo race.

Peace create another thread to masturbate I have shut this one down and made you look foolish.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are Coward? by akpamuomenka: 6:53am On Jun 13, 2017
Justuceleague2:

Don't mind the 1994 pikins their brain is built to copy and paste, they don't research or find facts they just spew what they've read somewhere

Àwọn ọmọ àlè játijàti

You and your people are also guilty of the same offence.
Re: Yorubas Are Coward? by akpamuomenka: 6:55am On Jun 13, 2017
BabaRamota1980:

Where is the tape of MKO bn poisoned?.
Re: Yorubas Are Coward? by Nobody: 7:52am On Jun 13, 2017
Doublecheck:
You keep talking about Afonjas who were screaming from exile, behind bars, doing eye service or used to spy on Ojukwu Afonjas are not just cowards but also rats and snitches. Is that all the list you have for Afonja brave men, shame, for a tribe that boast of over 20 million, all Afonjas do is talk they can't put their money where their mouth is, Igbo's don't talk the talk we walk the walk, Igbo's don't do eye service, afonjas can keep screaming on the pages of newspapers and media for overseas but that does not change the fact that they are cowards, Igbo's have proven themselves times without number no need mentioning names you know these names you studied them in schools as leaders who were brave to lead their people from any form of bondage.

You can't even give a name with the long and garbed so long a piece, a piece of shit at that. Op gave names and instances but you can't even name one brave Ibo man. Shameless

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are Coward? by Nobody: 8:01am On Jun 13, 2017
kingzizzy:
My opinion, same as most of my fellow Igbos, is that Yorubas are indeed cowards.

It is only the Yoruba man that will call Ojukwu, who fought for 3 years for the liberation of his people, a coward. Yet, the Yoruba man who has never fought for his own liberation and can never do so, regard themselves as brave. I laugh in Igbo.

The Yoruba man has no sense of self determination. It takes a brave person/people to seek independence. Igbos have never been shy of this.

But a natural coward who is afraid to stand on their own will go and hide in the comfort zone of 'one Nigeria' so as not to expose the fact that they are afraid of independence and what it entails, like Yorubas have done.

Yorubas lack the strenght to challenge the North and this is sheer cowardice. In 1966, Northern elements went to Ibadan and slaughtered Lt Col Fajuyi who was Military Governor of the Western Region. Yorubas did nothing

20 years later, again the Northerners abduct and slaughter the Yoruba nations brightest political star, Chief MKO Abiola. Again, the Yoruba nation could do nothing.

Three different times, the North has chased out a Yoruba man from his rightful place as head of state, Brigadier Ogundipe, MKO Abiola and Shonekan. Yorubas could do nothing.

A few thousand Northern Soldiers held the entire Yoruba land and the western Region hostage when they killed Lt Col Fajuyi and chased Brigadier Ogundipe and brought a much junior Lt Col Gowon to take over. Yoruba reaction to this desecration of their land was to meekly accept the North as their lord and master.

The North has poked the eye of the Yoruba nation many times, Yorubas have never done anything.

Of the three main ethnic groups, only Yorubas have never taken their destiny in their hands an attempted secession. Yorubas are also the only zone in southern Nigeria who have never taken up arms against Nigeria.

All these historical events leads me to the conclusion that Yorubas are cowards.

Now you want to pit Yoruba against Hausa. Miserable ploy. Fighting a senseless war for three years shows you guys are all brawn and no brain. A war that the Hausa call a civilian to end. It is no bravery to fight a war you can't win it is been foolhardy and only fools indulge in such ventures. it is mother of all cowardice to lure hapless people to war including children only to abandon them when the table turns.

Igbos are the greatest cowards that are on planet earth but you guys always mistake arrogance for bravery. An average igbo man is arrogant, haughty and damn stupid and he thinks it is bravery.

War are not led by hot heads but with a Yoruba dispositions, knowing when to lay low and when to strike. You guys while drowning in Pacific Ocean will continue to strike and also beat air.

6 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are Coward? by kingzizzy: 9:03am On Jun 13, 2017
Dumaknesset:

Now you want to pit Yoruba against Hausa. Miserable ploy. Fighting a senseless war for three years shows you guys are all brawn and no brain. A war that the Hausa call a civilian to end. It is no bravery to fight a war you can't win it is been foolhardy and only fools indulge in such ventures. it is mother of all cowardice to lure hapless people to war including children only to abandon them when the table turns.

Igbos are the greatest cowards that are on planet earth but you guys always mistake arrogance for bravery. An average igbo man is arrogant, haughty and damn stupid and he thinks it is bravery.

War are not led by hot heads but with a Yoruba dispositions, knowing when to lay low and when to strike. You guys while drowning in Pacific Ocean will continue to strike and also beat air.

Pit Yorubas and Hausas? This are all historical facts that happened

Let me tell you Yorubas something which is beyond your scope of understanding. This is not about fighting a war which we could not win. There are few things in life as honourable as one fighting for his sovereignty and freedom. Even if you will lose, you still fight for your dignity because you will not go down without a fight.

We Igbos went down with a fight

You Yorubas went down without even a protest to even talk about a fight.

Yoy people willingly submitted your selves to be slaves of the North because you had no fight in you.

It is only in the mind of Yorubas that people like Ojukwu and Igbos who fought for their freedom are cowards, while the Yoruba man who has never fought for anything in Niger is a brave man. Lol

I laugh in Igbo

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are Coward? by Nobody: 9:11am On Jun 13, 2017
kingzizzy:

Let me tell you Yorubas something which is beyond your scope of understanding. This is not about fighting a war which we could not win. There are few things in life as honourable as one fighting for his sovereignty and freedom. Even if you will lose, you still fight for your dignity because you will not go down without a fight.

We Igbos went down with a fight

You Yorubas went down without even a protest to even talk about a fight.

Yoy people willingly submitted your selves to be slaves of the North because you had no fight in you.

It is only in the mind of Yorubas that people like Ojukwu and Igbos who fought for their freedom are cowards, while the Yoruba man who has never fought for anything in Niger is a brave man. Lol

I laugh in Igbo

You made it sound as if Yoruba did not fight this war. It was the Yorubas who thrashed you guys silly. Still remember Oko Igbo, Adekunle the very black scorpion himself, obj, Alani Akinrinde the list is endless. Your general actually surrendered to a Yoruba man.

Yet you refer to your superior as coward. your assertion are at best laughable permit me to laugh in Ibo as the joke is on you.

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are Coward? by Nobody: 9:23am On Jun 13, 2017
I know the cause of the morbid hatred igbos have for Yorubas.

a. Yoruba are damn extreme intelligent, wise and smart and naturally people tend to hate those that best them intellectually
b. They are hated because of their wealth, human resources and natural resources.

Igbos wonder how can a tribe be so awesome. It is God. He who God has blessed no man can curse. I'd you don't believe me you can go and hug the nearest wet transformer.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are Coward? by kingzizzy: 9:44am On Jun 13, 2017
Dumaknesset:

You made it sound as if Yoruba did not fight this war. It was the Yorubas who thrash you guys silly. Still remember Oko Igbo, Adekunle the very black scorpion himself, obj, Alani Akinrinde the list is endless. Your general actually surrendered to a Yoruba man.

Yet you refer to your superior as coward. your assertion are at best laughable permit me to laugh in Ibo as the joke is on you.

Of course Yorubas such Obasunjo, Adekunle, Akinrinade, Ishola Williams and even Oladipo Diya fought in the war. Unfortunately for these men, they were fighting for Hausa/Fulani emirate of Sokoto to dominate Nigeria. These are men who should have been fighting for Yoruba sovereignty or maybe even Republic of Oodua. But as the Yorubas they were, they all submitted themselves to be slaves of the Gambari Northern Lords. So they fought for the North to enslave the south.

Can you imargine a situation where someone actually fights to make himself and his people slaves of the North?

All of them were a disgrace to the uniforms they wore, to the Yoruba nation and to themselves.
Re: Yorubas Are Coward? by ashjay001(m): 10:00am On Jun 13, 2017
kingzizzy:

Of course Yorubas such Obasunjo, Adekunle, Akinrinade, Ishola Williams and even Oladipo Diya fought in the war. Unfortunately for these men, they were fighting for Hausa/Fulani emirate of Sokoto to dominate Nigeria. These are men who should have been fighting for Yoruba sovereignty or maybe even Republic of Oodua. But as the Yorubas they were, they all submitted themselves to be slaves of the Gambari Northern Lords. So they fought for the North to enslave the south.

Can you imargine a situation where someone actually fights to make himself and his people slaves of the North?

All of them were a disgrace to the uniforms they wore, to the Yoruba nation and to themselves.

I can get u trying to defend ur tribe.

But, really, inspite of ur braveheart n all, 50yrs after, u'll still screaming marginalization??! Where is d fear ur battles have instilled in ur contemporaries?

Just recently, the northerners threatened u with eviction, and ur leaders are all over d place??! No consistent tune.

When d time comes, real men stand out. Not fighting several battles, to loose d war!

Our lands are still d most prosperous, peaceful n progressive!

A brave man dies only once, but a coward, dies several times.....

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are Coward? by Nobody: 10:04am On Jun 13, 2017
kingzizzy:

Why do you derive joy by flipping history on its head. The Yoruba generals fought for Nigerian army under the military rule deputized by a Yoruba man. That is why Yoruba will always have more stake than you guys in Nigeria. They have fought and bled for this country.They have ruled the country more than you guys at least.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are Coward? by ashjay001(m): 10:05am On Jun 13, 2017
One thing I can promise anyone out there, once d time comes for yorubas to leave this nation, we will leave and no man on earth will stop it!
Re: Yorubas Are Coward? by kingzizzy: 10:57am On Jun 13, 2017
Dumaknesset:

Why do you derive joy by flipping history on its head. The Yoruba generals fought for Nigerian army under the military rule deputized by a Yoruba man. That is why Yoruba will always have more stake than you guys in Nigeria. They have fought and bled for this country.They have ruled the country more than you guys at least.

Under military rule deputised by a Yoruba man? You mean after the Brigadier Ogundipe, a Yoruba officer next in line after Ironsi and rightful head of state was chased out of Lagos, Yoruba land, like common thief by the Northerners who then brought a much junior Gowon? Yorubas then 'meekly' accepted no 2 position from Gambari Lords. Yorubas were completely disgraced and rendered useless in their own land and relegated to second place. Cowardice is horrible

(1) (2) (Reply)

Escapee Prisoner Writes Obaseki, Explains Why He Won't Return / Police Arrests Dangote Truck Transporting Over 150 Hausa Men, Children To South- / Now I Believe That Peter OBI Is Not Renting Crowd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.