Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,552 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:09 AM

Ladies: Can You Date A Man With Local Accent? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies: Can You Date A Man With Local Accent? (3705 Views)

Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? / Can You Date Your Boss Or Colleague?: Nigerians React / Ladies: Can You Marry A Man Who Is Currently Earning N50,000 Monthly As Salary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies: Can You Date A Man With Local Accent? by IamSINZ(m): 11:49am On Jun 13, 2017
teehamzat:

Heh...just like that? sad
Its her opinion and she's entitled to it. I can't force mine down her throat.
Re: Ladies: Can You Date A Man With Local Accent? by footprintD55(m): 11:50am On Jun 13, 2017
Lets see how clever u are :

A rich man needs_______. A poor man has_______. If u eat_______u die and when u die u can take_______ with u!

One word fits all 4 blank spaces! Iths a seven letter word. What's the answer ?
Re: Ladies: Can You Date A Man With Local Accent? by mizthorlu(f): 11:50am On Jun 13, 2017
hazan041:
Yes everybody have different choice for one reason or the othet
so as a lady can you date a man with local accent?

why not? even as a lady, I speak English with my ekiti accent and I proudly own it.

1 Like

Re: Ladies: Can You Date A Man With Local Accent? by mizthorlu(f): 11:55am On Jun 13, 2017
IamSINZ:

You're missing the point hun, the OP is talking about unpleasant local accents not phony foreign accents.

Let's face it, some accents are not just it! If you haven't heard Obasanjo's voice, I'm quite sure you must've heard Buhari gringrin

Now let's be honest, Fulani doesn't exactly sound like Spanish gringrin

there is nothing unpleasant about our local accent, your wannabe attitude made it be. where you grow up matters, the people around you too. even among Americans, they have natives with local accent. we don't really see anything good about our local things here
Re: Ladies: Can You Date A Man With Local Accent? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jun 13, 2017
ZarZar:

Hmmmm...maybe you're doing it subconsciously, rather than faking it. I have a feeling you might have one of those deep, velvety voices tongue

Anyway, I also have a subconscious way of doing things. For me though, I suspect it's because I'm an animated speaker by nature. So usually, I use different tones depending on what I'm talking about. If I'm sharing an anecdote about a conversation between myself & someone else, to a 3rd party. I will use different vocal ranges (sometimes different accents) to differentiate between the two "characters" in my story. I also have an uncanny ability to mimic voices, so it almost becomes like watching a puppet show when I speak, I've been told tongue

Lol, puppeteer of life! I also mimick only when relating a funny story. I used to entertain my very strong Christian mother using the preaching of one Islamic Alfa. I would mimick the cleric, and mum would rock her seat laughing. I also mimick one Yoruba broadcaster from Osun state. He has the penchant for using raw, uncommon Yoruba epigrams that only some of us who grew up with the elders can relate with.

There was a time a man with slight mental imbalance was hunting for this edible specie of frog. He would cross farm boundaries in the name of hunting. One afternoon I returned from Grandpa's maize plantation to the hut, and found him digging out soil from under a rocky seat I have been sitting on for years. In need of assistance at the other end of the rock to watch out for escaping frogs, he told me point-blank to position myself there and watch without first telling me how a stranger could have such temerity to invade our hut. The tone of his sentence was so funny that I started laughing right there. He further said I'm naive for not knowing such frog type could be there. I placed a wager that nothing would come out of the rock base. Within minutes, a large frog(konko), the type highly sought after here escaped from my side of the rock. If you watch the way he pounced on the amphibian, you will burst into laughter. Till today, I still mimick him to relate that story.
Re: Ladies: Can You Date A Man With Local Accent? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jun 13, 2017
Snow84:

Lol, puppeteer of life! I also mimick only when relating a funny story. I used to entertain my very strong Christian mother using the preaching of one Islamic Alfa. I would mimick the cleric, and mum would rock her seat laughing. I also mimick one Yoruba broadcaster from Osun state. He has the penchant for using raw, uncommon Yoruba epigrams that only some of us who grew up with the elders can relate with.

There was a time a man with slight mental imbalance was hunting for this edible specie of frog. He would cross farm boundaries in the name of hunting. One afternoon I returned from Grandpa's maize plantation to the hut, and found him digging out soil from under a rocky seat I have been sitting on for years. In need of assistance at the other end of the rock to watch out for escaping frogs, he told me point-blank to position myself there and watch without first telling me how a stranger could have such temerity to invade our hut. The tone of his sentence was so funny that I started laughing right there. He further said I'm naive for not knowing such frog type could be there. I placed a wager that nothing would come out of the rock base. Within minutes, a large frog(konko), the type highly sought after here escaped from my side of the rock. If you watch the way he pounced on the amphibian, you will burst into laughter. Till today, I still mimick him to relate that story.

LMAO. That's funny.

But wait, you mean to tell me some people eat frogs? Do you? I've heard of French restaurants that serve frog legs but I chalked it off as a disgusting "French thing" or for those with really adventurous tastebuds. Now I'm shocked. Ewww. The most adventurous thing I ever put in my mouth was bread dipped in garlic sauce served with snails. I couldn't eat the snails so eating the sauce was my attempt at bravery but even that made me wanna throw up.
Re: Ladies: Can You Date A Man With Local Accent? by teehamzat(m): 12:30pm On Jun 13, 2017
IamSINZ:

Its her opinion and she's entitled to it. I can't force mine down her throat.
grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies: Can You Date A Man With Local Accent? by WORLDPEACE(m): 12:34pm On Jun 13, 2017
ZarZar:

LMAO. That's funny.

But wait, you mean to tell me some people eat frogs? Do you? I've heard of French restaurants that serve frog legs but I chalked it off as a disgusting "French thing" or for those with really adventurous tastebuds. Now I'm shocked. Ewww. The most adventurous thing I ever put in my mouth was bread dipped in garlic sauce served with snails. I couldn't eat the snails so eating the sauce was my attempt at bravery but even that made me wanna throw up.
I've eaten a few frogs myself. Am I still getting that french kiss you promised? It's not the same thing as kissing a frog.

1 Like

Re: Ladies: Can You Date A Man With Local Accent? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jun 13, 2017
ZarZar:

LMAO. That's funny.

Yes, we eat only two species from frog family in the taxonomy--the type that can jump as high as the height of a grown-up man and cover a distance of about 10ft in a leap, and the robust type that can weigh as much as 2kg. The first type is sold in the market here in commercial quantity, while the big one is only hunted by farmers cultivating rocky terrains. The first type is usually called "keeper" or "goalie" because of its jumping feat. I ate the two types before, but never again.
Re: Ladies: Can You Date A Man With Local Accent? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jun 13, 2017
Snow84:

Yes, we eat only two species from frog family in the taxonomy--the type that can jump as high as the height of a grown-up man and cover a distance of about 10ft in a leap, and the robust type that can weigh as much as 2kg. The first type is sold in the market here in commercial quantity, while the big one is only hunted by farmers cultivating rocky terrains. The first type is usually called "keeper" or "goalie" because of its jumping feat. I ate the two types before, but never again.

Wow. I'm speechless. Does the frog dish have a name? So I know what not to eat if I ever find myself at a Nigerian restaurant tongue

1 Like

Re: Ladies: Can You Date A Man With Local Accent? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jun 13, 2017
ZarZar:

Wow. I'm speechless. Does the frog dish have a name? So I know what not to eat if I ever find myself at a Nigerian restaurant tongue

Lol. Never sold in restaurants. Only eaten by the poor.
Re: Ladies: Can You Date A Man With Local Accent? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jun 13, 2017
Snow84:

Lol. Never sold in restaurants. Only eaten by the poor.

That's better tongue

I still can't believe it though. Is the meat nice?
Re: Ladies: Can You Date A Man With Local Accent? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jun 13, 2017
ZarZar:

That's better tongue

I still can't believe it though. Is the meat nice?

Only the limbs are nice. I find the rest disgusting. But if roasted, all the parts are saucy.
Re: Ladies: Can You Date A Man With Local Accent? by IamSINZ(m): 2:07pm On Jun 13, 2017
mizthorlu:

there is nothing unpleasant about our local accent, your wannabe attitude made it be. where you grow up matters, the people around you too. even among Americans, they have natives with local accent. we don't really see anything good about our local things here

Isn't there a way the English language should sound? Shouldn't it be audible? Coherent?
Re: Ladies: Can You Date A Man With Local Accent? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jun 13, 2017
alexialin:

Have not heard Ibadan accent before smiley

The ones have heard is either delta, edo and Igbo accents and yes Indian accents , they all have interesting accents .

I don't know how to differentiate Ibadan accent with other tribes originated from yorubaland .
you need to hear it
It is beautiful grin
Re: Ladies: Can You Date A Man With Local Accent? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jun 13, 2017
greyboy5000:
you need to hear it
It is beautiful grin

Lol cheesy

Do u have Ibadan accent?? cheesy
Re: Ladies: Can You Date A Man With Local Accent? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jun 13, 2017
alexialin:

Lol cheesy

Do u have Ibadan accent?? cheesy
yes grin
I have the lovely Ibadan accent
Re: Ladies: Can You Date A Man With Local Accent? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jun 13, 2017
greyboy5000:
yes grin
I have the lovely Ibadan accent

cheesy wow! How do we exchange numbers so I can hear it ! cheesy
Re: Ladies: Can You Date A Man With Local Accent? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jun 13, 2017
Snow84:

Only the limbs are nice. I find the rest disgusting. But if roasted, all the parts are saucy.

Lol @ saucy
Re: Ladies: Can You Date A Man With Local Accent? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jun 13, 2017
alexialin:

cheesy wow! How do we exchange numbers so I can hear it ! cheesy
Privately grin
I dont like to expose my number on a public forum lipsrsealed

Re: Ladies: Can You Date A Man With Local Accent? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jun 13, 2017
[quote author=greyboy5000 post=57481220][/quote]

Sighs me too..

OK u know what? Lets do it this way, send a mail to lily_alexia@yahoo.com.
Pls quote Ibadan dude as heading cheesy
Re: Ladies: Can You Date A Man With Local Accent? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jun 13, 2017
alexialin:

Sighs me too..

OK u know what? Lets do it this way, send a mail to lily_alexia@yahoo.com.
Pls quote Ibadan dude as heading cheesy
send you a mail already
But can't quite
My born again sis
Re: Ladies: Can You Date A Man With Local Accent? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jun 13, 2017
greyboy5000:
send you a mail already
But can't quite
My born again sis

grin
Av replied .

Pls check your mail.
Re: Ladies: Can You Date A Man With Local Accent? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jun 13, 2017
alexialin:

grin
Av replied .

Pls check your mail.

check your mail as well
I have replied
Re: Ladies: Can You Date A Man With Local Accent? by JSmart4u(m): 3:54pm On Jun 13, 2017
Snow84:

Yes, we eat only two species from frog family in the taxonomy--the type that can jump as high as the height of a grown-up man and cover a distance of about 10ft in a leap, and the robust type that can weigh as much as 2kg. The first type is sold in the market here in commercial quantity, while the big one is only hunted by farmers cultivating rocky terrains.

From my 10 years of living in Nigeria,i've never heard of the practice of eating frogs. I know you're definately not from the east,so please kindly iterate where frogs are eaten in Nigeria;or is it in the northern areas?
Re: Ladies: Can You Date A Man With Local Accent? by Garrirevenge(f): 4:20pm On Jun 13, 2017
Like falz?
Re: Ladies: Can You Date A Man With Local Accent? by hazan041(m): 4:42pm On Jun 13, 2017
Garrirevenge:
Like falz?
lol excatly
Re: Ladies: Can You Date A Man With Local Accent? by chiraqDemon(m): 5:04pm On Jun 13, 2017
ZarZar:

Lol, I don't know what he sounds like but I'm sure I'd love it. There's nothing more ridiculous sounding than a guy with an American accent, when he's not even seen the doors of an airport, talkless of travelling. Even if he's travelled, why would you wanna get rid of something that should be your badge of honour? Maybe I'm too proud of my roots but I'd never change how I speak just to sound worldly & well-travelled. Reason I just wanna spit on anyone with a phony accent.
Please spit on Gifty. If ur spit finishes I can borrow u mine lol grin

1 Like

Re: Ladies: Can You Date A Man With Local Accent? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jun 13, 2017
JSmart4u:

From my 10 years of living in Nigeria,i've never heard of the practice of eating frogs. I know you're definately not from the east,so please kindly iterate where frogs are eaten in Nigeria;or is it in the northern areas?

I know it's eaten in South West and the name is northern leopard frog.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Are There Still Ladies Like This / Husband Will Be Scarce In This World? / Popular Nigerian Comedian Disgraced For Buying Car On Credit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.