Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,102 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS - Crime (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS (80050 Views)

Robbers Killed During Shootout In Calabar. Graphic Photo / Armed Robber In Full Army Kit, Gunned Down During Shootout. Graphic Photos / Michael Adiku On Offa Bank Robbery: "Why I Killed Over 20 People" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by Organs(m): 11:41am On Jun 14, 2017
nmreports:
I salute the officer.

The account seems untrue but gives an insight anyway.

When the robber went to the small window after several gun shots where were the backyard officers?.

Dipping gun in the blood might have been explained by the gallant officer.

The backyard officers probably also did not come out probably because they were protecting some cash.

Im not sure if the robbers used some spiritual protection but those three officers in that small room should have finished the robbers all at once.

This is not their fault but the government who dont provide proper equipment and training. I wonder why all police officers carry AK47 like its a daily war we are experiencing in Nigeria.

Ripped off bullet proof vests etc.

RIP to the officers. I love them.

Misplaced priorities, human life is more important that any cash.
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by Organs(m): 11:41am On Jun 14, 2017
nmreports:
I salute the officer.

The account seems untrue but gives an insight anyway.

When the robber went to the small window after several gun shots where were the backyard officers?.

Dipping gun in the blood might have been explained by the gallant officer.

The backyard officers probably also did not come out probably because they were protecting some cash.

Im not sure if the robbers used some spiritual protection but those three officers in that small room should have finished the robbers all at once.

This is not their fault but the government who dont provide proper equipment and training. I wonder why all police officers carry AK47 like its a daily war we are experiencing in Nigeria.

Ripped off bullet proof vests etc.

RIP to the officers. I love them.

Misplaced priorities, human life is more important than any cash
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by opedaydydx9(m): 11:44am On Jun 14, 2017
BroZuma:
This bull has to stop...before they call Nigerians fools before the world...."Odeshi" WTF!
odeshi dey oh, I had a blood, that robbers rained bullets on him and his brothers, he was in front, he dint get hurt, the bullet penetrated his Bros.....think before u write bro

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by Nobody: 11:46am On Jun 14, 2017
opedaydydx9:
odeshi dey oh, I had a blood, that robbers rained bullets on him and his brothers, he was in front, he dint get hurt, the bullet penetrated his Bros.....think before u write bro

Then you need a thinking cap, call me when the Aliens arrive on their spaceship.
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by nmreports: 11:48am On Jun 14, 2017
Organs:

Misplaced piorities, human life is more important that any cash

Absolutely!
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by Psoul(m): 11:50am On Jun 14, 2017
DeeTus:
Is the car bullet proof?

The car was not bullet proof actually, my brother u have to understand how poorly equipped our police is. They may not have enof bullet to take care of the robbers not to talk of shooting the car. If u are able to deflate the tyre and the robbers finally kill everyone, what have u achieved. The guy just managed his bullets to get the robbers down.

I strongly beliv that the robbers were fortified. Check out their confidence. Entered a bank and started shooting immediately not minding the presence of security men. Wen their car was shot, instead of driving out, they preferred driving further inside. Check out the driver's swag. He had no gun, not minding the rain of bullets, just came down from the car, not caring about the bullets, just walked to the victim's car to pick up the remaining cash, probably those that fell on the ground, walked back to the car.

Watch very closely, they may not have planned to rob the guy inside the bank premises. They may have been following this guy, may be other cars in-between them and their victim may have not offered good opportunity to unleash their terror and escape. Watch again, u will see that the robbers' car passed the bank when their victim entered the bank compound. One of them could have gingered others that they could still collect the money from the bank and escape since they have "odeshi" jazz. On that they reversed and did their thing. Watch it again.
An armed robber without such jazz cannot enter a bank premises unprepared.

2 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by Abagworo(m): 11:51am On Jun 14, 2017
The video is self explanatory. It's obvious the policemen had limited ammunitions and they equally made tactical error by firing without aiming their target. I believe it was caused by panic because if they had layed low the robbers wouldn't know they were there and the 3 could have taken out the 3 armed robbers and arrested the unarmed driver.
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by chronique(m): 11:51am On Jun 14, 2017
I don't know the kind of training our security agencies get but one thing I know is that most of them are unintelligent. 3 policemen were in a security post and robbers drove in. What could they have done? One of them could have aimed shots at the tyres of the vehicle to prevent them from having a quick get away while the other two, aim shots at the head of the driver and the dude that came out from the left passenger door of the vehicle at the back. Killing the driver and the guy at the left back passenger door, with the tyres deflated, would have left them a little bit shaken and they would have needed another getaway car... This would have at least kept some of the officers alive. Instead, they chose to shoot sporadically at the glass and body of the car, knowing how inaccurate shots from an AK47 can be....

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by ManTiger(m): 11:55am On Jun 14, 2017
hahahahaha 6 police officers in a station...
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by opedaydydx9(m): 11:57am On Jun 14, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
This sound like Bollywood stuff.

How can you say there were policemen at the place the officer ran to? Where were these policemen when the first shot was fired? where were they before the guy ran out of the room? This is pure nonsense
pure nonsense indeed
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by shine12: 12:04pm On Jun 14, 2017
spaggyy:
so if u were in that situation, you won't use ur brain?

You won't think before u act... U will rather fire in the air because death is staring at you?

The robber that was killed at the scene was not in the target view of the officers, he went around to shoot the officers through the window and then walk in to finish them at point blank and he was killed, at that point, its now 1 police vs 3 remaining robbers, your theory will be right only if the robber that was killed at the scene did not go around them to shoot through the window.

Do you think they didn't try to fire "clean head shots".They are trained professionals and I'm sure they tried all they could to take out the robbers as we saw in the video.

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by opedaydydx9(m): 12:06pm On Jun 14, 2017
BroZuma:

Then you need a thinking cap, call me when the Aliens arrive on their spaceship.
no p, u na Zuma brother na, talking about ijebu shit!
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by jimb(m): 12:15pm On Jun 14, 2017
but I like the way God worked fr the gate keeper

2 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by jimb(m): 12:19pm On Jun 14, 2017
spaggyy:
Firstly the robbers did not know the cops were in the security post.... The cops only need to take clean headshots at the robbers, starting with the driver and also the tyre of the car(abi car get odeshi?)

3 cops can easily take out 3 robbers in 10 seconds, the robbers got their eyes on the money

But the unprofessional shots of the police attracted the robbers to deal with them

And the iboko cop that ran for cover Was stupid... He ought to have taken cover in the place and shoot at anyone that makes a stupid move toward the security post

And if they had blown out the car tyres, the robbers will be immobile and they will have no choice than either change car or Change spare tyre (lol) and the other 3 cops at the back of the bank can have enough time to come out and finish the work...

which cop dey back yard, guys wey don scale fence at the hearing of the first shot,, 10 min after robbery am sure the cam was still on , dem comot atall?
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by opedaydydx9(m): 12:25pm On Jun 14, 2017
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by spaggyy(m): 12:26pm On Jun 14, 2017
shine12:

The robber that was killed at the scene was not in the target view of the officers, he went around to shoot the officers through the window and then walk in to finish them at point blank and he was killed, at that point, its now 1 police vs 3 remaining robbers, your theory will be right only if the robber that was killed at the scene did not go around them to shoot through the window.

Do you think they didn't try to fire "clean head shots".They are trained professionals and I'm sure they tried all they could to take out the robbers as we saw in the video.

Bro, if the robbers could kill them a
From the window, that means they lack self defence, they had all the chance to kill the robbers at sight, but they decided to draw attention by firing sporadically, and this alerted the robber to move in from the window

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by IdeyFindWife: 12:27pm On Jun 14, 2017
highrise07:
npf should learn from this and improve. To the analysts , una weldone ....it is easier said than done

leave them

people who need run from roaches and wake the whole neighborhood for assistant to kill rats suddenly forming itk on tactical options for field gun shootout scenarios grin

dem sabi nollywood wella

3 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by alexiej(m): 12:29pm On Jun 14, 2017
spaggyy:
Firstly the robbers did not know the cops were in the security post.... The cops only need to take clean headshots at the robbers, starting with the driver and also the tyre of the car(abi car get odeshi?)

3 cops can easily take out 3 robbers in 10 seconds, the robbers got their eyes on the money

But the unprofessional shots of the police attracted the robbers to deal with them

And the iboko cop that ran for cover Was stupid... He ought to have taken cover in the place and shoot at anyone that makes a stupid move toward the security post

And if they had blown out the car tyres, the robbers will be immobile and they will have no choice than either change car or Change spare tyre (lol) and the other 3 cops at the back of the bank can have enough time to come out and finish the work...

I sincerely don't support mediocrity and especially when anything involves the nigeria police, I would not support them.. For obvious reasons.

Truely, I also feel police officers aren't well trained, don't have proper arms and stuff, but to say that "And the iboko cop that ran for cover was stupid".... Really??
Have you ever been robbed at gun point? If yes, how much of these stunts that ure talking about now did you remember?

Of course, these pple are supposed to be trained, and really, what's the point of the police if they are equally incapacitated when there's danger, just like civilians.... However, I just feel you have no moral right to speak this way about the Iboko guy especially. Two of his colleagues were lying dead beside him, the thieves could come at him from any direction... He had a tough decision to make and he took the one he felt was least dangerous.

This isn't a movie script. It's not football analysis. It's a real life situation of a guy who had a tough call to make. Like a said, I'm not condoning mediocrity or unprofessionalism, but, put yourself in his shoes naw...

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by offishialpablo: 12:30pm On Jun 14, 2017
ajalawole:
That cop lack training jawe. I that security post, a good cop would have get at last 3 of those robbers out that same way he get the 1st robber out...............
amebo...

how many have u gotten
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by dederocs(m): 12:31pm On Jun 14, 2017
Nothing like odeshi there, see how the man in native quickly reversed. I think more range "target" practice is necessary.
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by doskie(m): 12:33pm On Jun 14, 2017
spaggyy:

so easy to say. have you ever been in a fist fight talkless of a gun battle
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jun 14, 2017
this is the more reason why policemen guarding anyone or a place should have bullet proof vests on.
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by vislabraye(m): 12:49pm On Jun 14, 2017
Although I'm not superstitious, it's possible those robbers used charms. Cos, how come bullets shattered the windscreen and none of them got hurt.

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by opedaydydx9(m): 12:56pm On Jun 14, 2017
som4reel:
Those saying the policemen could have shot at the car tyres...the tyres of the car are tubeless and I don't think shooting at them would av any effect... Just saying
it will have effect..... Even nail will deflate it, just that repairing it easier
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by whysquare4real(m): 1:05pm On Jun 14, 2017
nairalanders pls help me.since u all forced me to watch d video, I can't get d image out of my head. I swear I will never watch this kind of video again.
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by DaAwesome1(m): 1:15pm On Jun 14, 2017
blames and theories everywhere......
kids playing call of duty are better shots than those cops.....
thieves might have been on drugs,that explains the confidence(but dah window shot sha shud av hit sonebody).....
cops were scared shitless.....

i dnt tink these cops had backup,arr never see 7cops for one bank b4(somebody z covering sometin)
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by basictutor: 1:31pm On Jun 14, 2017
spaggyy:
did you just say fearful? .... Does that mean they are not capable of their duties? So why are they there, to harrass unarmed civilians? Or scare away flies?

I wouldn't argue much over this. You need to watch USA marines cringe with fear in the sight of full battle. You should watch the video again and put yourself in the policeman shoes.

Think what u want, all I know is it's not as easy as u mouth it.
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jun 14, 2017
PerfectlyPerfect:

Bro believe me, I once did not believe in the efficacy of this juju stuff until the gateman of the estate I used to live in was attacked by robbers who came to rob the estate. Dude was shot many times and he was able to kill 3 of the 8 robbers. He is still alive, hale and hearty and still guards our gate. That evening, they drove in 2 vehicles and, as the main gate was locked, 2 of them came down from the first car and started shooting sporadically. I think they were going to open the main gate. The gateman walked casually out of his small house by the gate with his shotgun, shot and killed the two of them and proceeded to lock the small gate, all while being shot at. He shot at one of the cars and someone fell out. The other robbers then drove off.
I didn't believe it and was arguing upandan with my family and neighbors as I was not at home at the time, until i saw the CCTV footage of the whole thing.

I'm not saying juju was involved in this case, what I'm trying to make you understand is don't deny the existence of something just because you've not experienced it

Never said voodoo doesn't exist but I repeat none can stop bullets..
Do you know how many guys I knew back then in the states who said they just came back from being cooked up against bullets and knives here in Nigeria ??

Saw one of them shot in the face by a 12 year old runner ...
The other was crying for him mum when some dude shot him through the liver ...

I have seen so many cases like these ... Nigerian dudes who run or dime on the streets come home and get some cooking and juju against bullets and it always ends the same in a body bag and the police can't identify the John doe cos he isn't in the system ...
Saw alot of stuff like this growing up always ends the same
The only juju against bullets is called a Teflon vest
Believe voodoo stops bullets at your own peril

How many Nigerians services their rifles or pistols ??
Alot of factors can cause a bullet to loose it's trajectory and voodoo isn't one of them !

I seen​ a dude get shot in the head and the bullet didn't go in , it deflected off the edge of his skull...
But he wasn't Nigerian so he didn't go around screaming odeshi

Dude get a Teflon vest and invest in neck and thigh guards then you are bullet proof at least till someone pulls out an m79 at close range
Lol
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jun 14, 2017
paradigmshift:

u re a compound fool. you think juju work like that ?u re kid . indomie generation, too Much sci-fi movie . what you don't know you don't know. gerarahere

Like I said you are an imbecilee
I seen things you will shit your boxers experiencing
.you are just a soft fairy who runs his mouth

Never said voodoo doesn't exist but I repeat none can stop bullets..
Do you know how many guys I knew back then in the states who said they just came back from being cooked up against bullets and knives here in Nigeria ??

Saw one of them shot in the face by a 12 year old runner ...
The other was crying for him mum when some dude shot him through the liver ...

I have seen so many cases like these ... Nigerian dudes who run or dime on the streets come home and get some cooking and juju against bullets and it always ends the same in a body bag and the police can't identify the John doe cos he isn't in the system ...
Saw alot of stuff like this growing up always ends the same
The only juju against bullets is called a Teflon vest
Believe voodoo stops bullets at your own peril

How many Nigerians services their rifles or pistols ??
Alot of factors can cause a bullet to loose it's trajectory and voodoo isn't one of them !

I seen​ a dude get shot in the head and the bullet didn't go in , it deflected off the edge of his skull...
But he wasn't Nigerian so he didn't go around screaming odeshi

Dude get a Teflon vest and invest in neck and thigh guards then you are bullet proof at least till someone pulls out an m79 at close range
Lol

Bloody f00l
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by opedaydydx9(m): 1:47pm On Jun 14, 2017
GangnamStyle:
Not just shoot at the tire, they should have targeted the fuel tank. Easier said than done sha.
so that the whole building will be engulfed in fire abi
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by philybuck(m): 1:52pm On Jun 14, 2017
Jack Bauer, well done. Talking as if you will even look at the direction the bullet is coming from if you hear rapid shot of AK 47. He took the best decision by running out, staying back would have meant suicide and total surrender. Had they not notified the robbers of their presence by shooting, it would have been a different scenario.
spaggyy:

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Men Insert Bottle In Lady's Privates For Stealing Phone [PHOTOS] / 22 Soldiers Killed In Ambush In Delta State Community Graphics Warning. / Igho Stankush Shot Dead Inside His White GLK (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.