Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,919 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS - Crime (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS (80067 Views)

Robbers Killed During Shootout In Calabar. Graphic Photo / Armed Robber In Full Army Kit, Gunned Down During Shootout. Graphic Photos / Michael Adiku On Offa Bank Robbery: "Why I Killed Over 20 People" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by Kylekent59: 9:52pm On Jun 14, 2017
PaulCI stop quoting me, if u have sharp eyes will will see it,as soon as the guy on white came out from the car, he was heading straight,just b4 d camera cut short him and he positioned the ak47 u will see a bullet that passed through him and it suddenly disappeared. Just keep pausing and playing u will notice dat
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by Damfostopper(m): 10:16pm On Jun 14, 2017
AHCB:
Easy for you to say. If you've ever been in the line of fire, you'd know what is to feel adrenaline rush through your body. All you do is shoot your fingers off and type nonsense.
don't mind those idiiot on fp typing Nonnsense.... all of them are just 17...18...yrs jambite hiding behind keypads to type bullshit... dey av not come across real Crossfire before....until then... they will know odeshi
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by FANE4Naija: 10:43pm On Jun 14, 2017
rottennaija:

Even before their colleague died, they were still afraid of bullets. That was why the driver move the car in the first place
And you don't think he moved the car to avoid it being damaged not them being hit?
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by durasome(m): 11:06pm On Jun 14, 2017
For those people saying no odeshi in that incident how come the robber at the back of the car apeared unhurt after taking such plenty bullet both inside and outside of the car. Those robbers can't struct on a broad daylight in a bank premises without some fortifications. These things are real in Africa context.

2 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by rottennaija(m): 11:12pm On Jun 14, 2017
FANE4Naija:

And you don't think he moved the car to avoid it being damaged not them being hit?
very funny
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by Phobia1: 11:22pm On Jun 14, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
This sound like Bollywood stuff.

How can you say there were policemen at the place the officer ran to? Where were these policemen when the first shot was fired? where were they before the guy ran out of the room? This is pure nonsense
As in "Pure"ยก
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by Ken4Christ: 11:57pm On Jun 14, 2017
Their is such things as odeishi or whatever they call it but it fails. Fetish powers are real but they are not completely reliable Only God gives prefect protection to those who trust him.

Now, there is no robbers that don't know banks have armed security personnel. There are also no armed robber that carries out an operation without first having thorough knowledge of the security available. The car stopped right in front of the security post and it wasn't even their first target. They only responded to gun shots from the security post. This gives a sign that they probably had some forms of protection. Why then did they retreat in fear. Of course, one of their men was already taken down against their expectations so they had to run.

As for the police man who gun down one of them and ran out, I thought he should have done that running sideways or backwards still firing to scare anyone from coming after him.

What is the cost of bullet proof that banks cannot give to security personnel guarding it? I don't think they had them on otherwise, there would have been less casualties.

My advice is for everyone to get into the higher realm of life which is in Christ Jesus. If you do, events like this will not happen without a prior knowledge supernaturally. It is either revealed through dreams or through an inner witness. I have escaped a kidnapped attempt by this leading of the Holy Spirit. I have escaped a couple of assassination attempt on my life also. No one can take my life without my permission. This is just one of the benefits of having Jesus in your life.
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by poseidon12: 12:28am On Jun 15, 2017
BroZuma:
This bull has to stop...before they call Nigerians fools before the world...."Odeshi", Dip gun in Blood, WTF!

Don't mind us and our superstition. What probably happened is that the robbers were better armed than the Police. And the Police were taken unawares. Nothing like odeshi.
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by Nobody: 12:41am On Jun 15, 2017
PerfectlyPerfect:

I dunno about all these, though I once heard juju does not work overseas
We picked 24 spent shells on that day. There is no way all of them missed their target.
Plus kevlar does not offer protection against high caliber ammo

They All missed ....
Juju doesn't stop bullets
Period
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by billyG(m): 1:41am On Jun 15, 2017
Nma27:
As a criminologist, I feel d robbers fortified themselves before d operation cos the kinda swagger d driver exhibited ain't ordinary. Plus I feel d policeman ran out of bullets or his gun jammed.
if his gun jammed what of other dead cops guns?
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by billyG(m): 1:49am On Jun 15, 2017
Olulinks:

You didn't get it dear. Their is now way bullets will brake down glasses like that withiut hitting those sitting near it. No way! It can only be through some source of power that one would escape being cut by such bullets at a supposed close range.
Don't forget, Iboko ran towards the back where it was said that other police officers were, he might have told them how he was able to bring the dead thief down before passing away the next day. And it's possible for the other police to have seen the blood stain on the gun noze.
The kind of bullets he recieved i dnt think he will be conscious to giv an account.

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by billyG(m): 1:56am On Jun 15, 2017
How can a security man allow 4 men in a car to drive into a bank?do we hav 7 policemen guarding a bank.
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by vislabraye(m): 7:49am On Jun 15, 2017
shinel:

In Europe the four robbers are dead.

Firstly, Nigerian policeman needs to always dress properly on duty, nowhere in any develop world a policeman will be wearing shirt and a Pam slippers as we call it.
They should always be on a bullet proof body guard and always at alert on duty.

You will even see some of them playing with a corn seller somewhere inside the bank always off guard.
They need proper training on job ethics.

Secondly, bank security room should be secured that you can aim your target from inside and also have cover for bullets, and incase situation is beyond you, there must be an emergency escape route from the back not through the bank premises, and you quickly call for backup.

Thirdly, Nigerian policeman needs training on proper shooting techniques and to always identify target by high importance.

Well trained European policeman will aim first at the driver of that car or the tyre of the car, automatically the robbers well planned strategy distorted.
While the robbers try to reorganize, they will lose aim and the police will calmly be hitting his target at one shot.

I am fully sure, three of the robbers will be down and one willingly surrender if our police are well trained.

But base on Nigerian poor standard, the policeman still did a good job, kudos to him.

I could only imagine what the gallant Mopol would have achieved if he was properly trained, equipped and well kitted.

We don't take security serious until something bad happens.

chronique:
I don't know the kind of training our security agencies get but one thing I know is that most of them are unintelligent. 3 policemen were in a security post and robbers drove in. What could they have done? One of them could have aimed shots at the tyres of the vehicle to prevent them from having a quick get away while the other two, aim shots at the head of the driver and the dude that came out from the left passenger door of the vehicle at the back. Killing the driver and the guy at the left back passenger door, with the tyres deflated, would have left them a little bit shaken and they would have needed another getaway car... This would have at least kept some of the officers alive. Instead, they chose to shoot sporadically at the glass and body of the car, knowing how inaccurate shots from an AK47 can be....

First and foremost, how many bullets were the policemen given ? Secondly, the windscreen the robbers drove was shattered. It's unfair to say the policemen are unintelligent without considering other factors.
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by logica(m): 8:13am On Jun 15, 2017
Nma27:
As a criminologist, I feel d robbers fortified themselves before d operation
So you had a lecture on "fortification" in your criminology class?
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by Nobody: 8:19am On Jun 15, 2017
logica:
So you had a lecture on "fortification" in your criminology class?
lol. Wasn't an objective input but, there are some phenomenon that goes beyond logic.
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by Nobody: 8:22am On Jun 15, 2017
billyG:

if his gun jammed what of other dead cops guns?
Well, he ain't jack Bauer or in d Marines.
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by Emassive(m): 8:59am On Jun 15, 2017
symbianDON:

na wa to you o! why bring tribal sentiments into this one again? must everything be tribalized?

That is the point am making rightnow
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by stpat1(m): 10:18am On Jun 15, 2017
The robbers must have depended on some supernatural powers.
If you notice, the police men opened fire on the robbers at close range and the robbers remained unhurt.
There is not way such close range shots wouldn't have done a great damage if not for supernatural powers.
Bullets from AK 47 are capable of piercing cars even at farther distances.

Secondly, if you analyse the confidence of the robbers, the driver and the guy guy with the money, you will discover that they didn't bother to even take cover in the gun duel. That says it all.

What I still don't get is why the car tires where not shot to reduce their chances of getting away. At least it would have made it more difficult for them to escape.
I want to believe everything happened unexpectedly and they panicked.

2 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by In4matic: 10:21am On Jun 15, 2017
poseidon12:

Don't mind us and our superstition. What probably happened is that the robbers were better armed than the Police. And the Police were taken unawares. Nothing like odeshi.

In trying to sound knowledgeable, you end up sounding foolish. how can you negate an eye witness account and reach a conclusion based on 'PROBABILITY'?

Or don't you know what probable means?

the witness said "A" happened. we can see visual evidence that "A" happened, those who know the actual place said "A" is possible based on their knowledge and you come here negating everything with only "PROBABILITY"
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by In4matic: 10:22am On Jun 15, 2017
poseidon12:

In trying to sound knowledgeable, you end up sounding foolish. how can you negate an eye witness account and reach a conclusion based on 'PROBABILITY'?

Or don't you know what probable means?

the witness said "A" happened. we can see visual evidence that "A" happened, those who know the actual place stair "A" is possible based on their knowledge and you come here negating everything with only "PROBABILITY"
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by ceejayluv(m): 10:29am On Jun 15, 2017
PerfectlyPerfect:

Bro believe me, I once did not believe in the efficacy of this juju stuff until the gateman of the estate I used to live in was attacked by robbers who came to rob the estate. Dude was shot many times and he was able to kill 3 of the 8 robbers. He is still alive, hale and hearty and still guards our gate. That evening, they drove in 2 vehicles and, as the main gate was locked, 2 of them came down from the first car and started shooting sporadically. I think they were going to open the main gate. The gateman walked casually out of his small house by the gate with his shotgun, shot and killed the two of them and proceeded to lock the small gate, all while being shot at. He shot at one of the cars and someone fell out. The other robbers then drove off.
I didn't believe it and was arguing upandan with my family and neighbors as I was not at home at the time, until i saw the CCTV footage of the whole thing.

I'm not saying juju was involved in this case, what I'm trying to make you understand is don't deny the existence of something just because you've not experienced it

i'd luv to see the video footage of that...

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by olaoye15(m): 1:04pm On Jun 15, 2017
NLandIsHypocrit:
These a blatant and ill-concocted lies, I watched the video and it was obvious the man was a lone armed security on duty, if bullets does not penetrate into the robbers, why did the one at the back seat retreated when bullets was hitting his direction? And he was the same person who followed the gallant officer after he took off and did not make more than five steps forward and went back to the car because he never cross the the coverage of the cam

era. The Zenith Bank and the police has the 97% blame in his death and that's why they're now coming up shamelessly with white lies to cover up their unprofessional misconduct. Few seconds to the arrival of the robbers, there was a man who walked out from that security room and walked towards the entrance gate and stood by, I'm a strong advocate that the man should be apprehended for interrogation, his movement was 90% suspicious.

RIP Gallant hero.

seriously you spoke my mind.. the guy in White shirt should be questioned massively.. seriously speaking, our security system lack intelligent which is more of preventive than reactionary.

Looking at the footage carefully, you will agree with me that the armed robbers were even ahead of their target. They had to reverse when they realised that their target had gone into the bank.. imagine the mumu gate man called security, he opened the gate without exhibiting any sense of security.

the security post is foolishly constructed. there is no emergency exit. that was why the iboko guy was killed.

moral
we need to do learn how to do things the right way in this country. It is a standard that there should be an emergency exit in any facility.. if that was possibly, I am very sure those guys killer may still be alive today. they would have retreated through that exit.

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by 900warriorz: 1:23pm On Jun 15, 2017
ReLaTE:
He took the wrong route,he should hv ran towards the gate which will be safer for him.

no....he did the right thing. there was a back yard he could quickly run to knowing other cops where there. Don't forget, if he runs outside, three armed men are standing outside the car already...knowing that he's killed on of them, he couldn't have ran outside.
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 3:16pm On Jun 15, 2017
[quote author=ceejayluv post=57536303]

i'd luv to see the video footage of that...[/quote
It was collected by the police when they came for their so-called investigation
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by giddykay: 10:27am On Jun 16, 2017
spaggyy:
Firstly the robbers did not know the cops were in the security post.... The cops only need to take clean headshots at the robbers, starting with the driver and also the tyre of the car(abi car get odeshi?)

3 cops can easily take out 3 robbers in 10 seconds, the robbers got their eyes on the money

But the unprofessional shots of the police attracted the robbers to deal with them

And the iboko cop that ran for cover Was stupid... He ought to have taken cover in the place and shoot at anyone that makes a stupid move toward the security post

And if they had blown out the car tyres, the robbers will be immobile and they will have no choice than either change car or Change spare tyre (lol) and the other 3 cops at the back of the bank can have enough time to come out and finish the work...
I will ask you, and please be sincere...have you ever heard or witness a deadly gunshot or shootout at a close range? It sometimes don't turn out to be positive even if professionally versed my bro...it's such a bitter incident bro..soldiers die in battle..even bearing a firearm makes you the first target for the enemy...and do you recognise the enemy when he's cooking up your doom?...I just believe it's the other side of the baga job...just zero your mind when you turn out to be a security agent..God will protect us in all our endeavours...I pitied the officers..
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by giddykay: 10:49am On Jun 16, 2017
AHCB:
Easy for you to say. If you've ever been in the line of fire, you'd know what is to feel adrenaline rush through your body. All you do is shoot your fingers off and type nonsense.
God bless you my brother..i just look at them when they type rubbish...how many of them have witnessed a close range shootout...do they think a rifle bang is just a ring tone...what did they take an ammo for...
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by giddykay: 10:52am On Jun 16, 2017
woodcook:
I think the way the policeman was shooting while running away (or taking cover) showed poor handling of technique. In training that is not how to shoot when running, for Christ sake who are training our boys? Where are our military men getting their training from?
hmmm...we are so good at laying justice...I pray you won't experience such
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by giddykay: 11:01am On Jun 16, 2017
900warriorz:
I've watched and analyzed that video severally. some content of this posters article are true.
Notice that the robber on blue went to the back of the security post. what confidence would he have had to go inside if he hadn't shot them already from behind? Iboko took him out in one shot on the neck. odeshi or not, a close range shot on the neck will send you 6ft.
Also notice that iboko ran out immediately he killed he robber on blue. our question is he should have stayed there having a better vantage point right? well, no...he did well, it was a gamble. if he stayed back, two robbers will attack him from different spots and he'd still die gruesomely. if he leaves, he could survive. That was a decision he had to make too fast as there was no time to think.
Before anyone starts condemning their act of gallantry, watch the video and analyze it coz at first, I felt he ran out coz his bullets finished. But that wasn't the case....watch well before commenting. it could have been anyone.
leave them jare..let them keep ranting...some don't know what it is to be in the line of fire
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by giddykay: 11:04am On Jun 16, 2017
Olulinks:

Go and stand or sit behind car window or glass and ask someone to shoot only the glass down. That's when we shall see if some bullets that can bring down glasses won't bring you down instantly, even though you are only behind the glass. I pity you sir.
they thought a bullet was a peanut
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by eddieo(m): 8:29pm On Jun 20, 2017
logica:
Make up your mind. You don't believe in Odeshi but you you believe in black powers.
Read that statement again. You dont understand it. wHAT IS ODESHI and what is black power? they both mean the same thing. that is why i said it will be self deception on my own part not to believe that there is ODESHI involved with the way that robber bounced out the car.

Even after watching the video, many people are still talking about the cop going outside. Did you not notice the fourth robber (the one holding the bag of cash) was waiting outside the gate?
Oga! watch the video again. the fourth robber holding the money went out of the gate after the policeman ran inside the compound. there was no robber outside then. while one of the robber was engaging Seargent Iboko while he was runningg which the CCTV didnt show, it was then the fourth robber went out through the gate and waited outside.
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by adecz: 6:05am On Jun 21, 2017
A very important clue that everyone
has missed is that, the window of the
car was not shattered by the police, but
by the armed robber at the back seat.

Watch the video closely.
The attention & bullets of the police was
was directed on the robbers who had come
out of the car, firing. They were not aware
that more robbers were lurking in the car.

Remember that the police did not have a
a clear overview of the situation like us who
watched the whole drama unfold. Its possible
that from their position, they not have a complete
view of the car.

The robber in the car tried to give
his accomplices cover by immediately opening
fire at the direction of the security house. As
he would have exposed himself if he came out
at the time, he decided to fire through the glass.

Remember that all this happened in split seconds
without a chance to think deeply & the
policeman did not to know how many robbers
were involved & how long the operations
would last. And he already saw his colleagues,
down with bullet wounds.

He displayed good tactics by lying in wait for
the ill fated robber.

RIP to the fallen heroes .. cry

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by Tejiriseth(m): 6:58am On Oct 01, 2018
Clean head shot... Are you joking... Our police can hardly aim talkless of head shot
spaggyy:
Firstly the robbers did not know the cops were in the security post.... The cops only need to take clean headshots at the robbers, starting with the driver and also the tyre of the car(abi car get odeshi?)

3 cops can easily take out 3 robbers in 10 seconds, the robbers got their eyes on the money

But the unprofessional shots of the police attracted the robbers to deal with them

And the iboko cop that ran for cover Was stupid... He ought to have taken cover in the place and shoot at anyone that makes a stupid move toward the security post

And if they had blown out the car tyres, the robbers will be immobile and they will have no choice than either change car or Change spare tyre (lol) and the other 3 cops at the back of the bank can have enough time to come out and finish the work...

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Men Insert Bottle In Lady's Privates For Stealing Phone [PHOTOS] / 22 Soldiers Killed In Ambush In Delta State Community Graphics Warning. / Igho Stankush Shot Dead Inside His White GLK (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.