Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,729 members, 7,813,405 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:57 AM

Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) (39018 Views)

President Buhari Laughs As Masked Osinbajo Meets Him For Briefing (Photos) / VP Osinbajo Meets Nigeria’s Oldest Surviving Soldier In Lagos (photo) / Aisha Buhari On A Yacht In Turkey With Wives Of Other Leaders (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by tunjilana: 10:52pm On Jun 14, 2017
vicdom:
For those thinking of 2nd civil war and prospects of seizing Igbo properties;*

Biafra will come just like every other peaceful breakaway. Aside those peaceful protesters being killed presently, there'll be no gun shot fired over Biafras second and successful coming.

The fact is that majority Nigerians misconceive what secession entails and are thus paranoid about it, is their cup of tea.

The Igbos trooping up north on daily basis to live or trade doesn't stop Igbos from having their own country, United Kingdom created 4 separate home nations and yet, england is main home to Scottish, Welsh and Irish businesses.

The Igbos owning may be 70 % of homes, estates, plazas and hotels in lagos and abuja doesn't stop Igbos from owning their own country.

After all, Jews own America and come to Israel on visa and yet they're proudly Israelis.

The Igbos will still sell in Kano, lagos, abuja etc markets as foreigners with their Biafran embassy issuing them passports, better dignity & international standard protections just like Lebanese, Chinese etc that operate here.

The process of secession in international laws has advanced, and is no longer fight and acrimony like in 1967, so, my dear Fulani soldiers, stop spoiling for brutality and those waiting for abandoned property to seize, sorry to disappoint, but that ain't happening.
Igbos don't even need political leaders to guide them to Biafra. It is a movement and as such it is the masses that decide.

Check the process of the failed Scotland bid and the recent successful break up of nations across the world. They're masses driven.

Gordon Brown the former British PM, and all prominent Scottish politicians, celebrities and sportsmen all campaigned for Scotland not to secede, yet, they couldn't stop the plebiscite and Scotland nearly seceded, Britain conceded so much powers and autonomy to them, that Scotland has eaten it's cake and still has it. It is a country within a country.

Therefore Igbo prominent men and politicians will be no different and are not expected to fight for Biafra.
Modern secession is a vote thing, and the masses carry the vote in democracy, not wealthy individuals, so, those Aba protesting masses are the ones to decide, not coscharis & Rockview owners.

Biafra will eventually come, and it will bring with it, that illusive value and premium placed on the heads of poor Igbo traders in the north and other corners of nigeria.
This is because, they'll operate as expatriates with visas and a functional embassy of Biafra protecting them and taking up their grievances and forcing nigeria via international medium and laws to compensate adequately for their burnt goods or other infractions.

The Igbo federal civil servants, company and bank workers will transfer to the Biafran branches of same agencies, banks and firms and some logistics on pensions and savings will be worked out.

These things are orderly and the UN have perfected the art of dividing nations.

The Ijaw man fearing Igbo man taking his oil, should know that Igbos have oil & gas in four of their five states, plus coal etc. The Igbo will pay internationally determined prices to use wharfs that are close to them and buy oil & gas from their neighbors, so, fear not too much. Equally, under international maritime and aviation treaties, Biafrans must be allowed to use wharfs around them and pay the prices, unless the nation in question wants sanctions and pariah.
As most western nations have shown, it is not resources that make a country rich. As nigeria has also shown, abundance of resources don't make rich countries.

It is brain, grit, meritocracy, ingenuity and patriotism that advances a nation. The Niger deltans can yet join the movement rather than sit and doubt Noah while he builds the ark.
Anyways, the present arrangement the Niger delta has in nigeria is the worse arrangement for a resource rich area in any part of the world, and I authoritatively tell you this
I see this naivety all the time and I find it very funny to believe people actually think this way...My dear, the new countries will likely come up with policies that put their own people first and ensure prosperity...The laws that allow you open 'shop' anywhere and anyhow will no longér b in place...permits will be issued to foreign investors and this will be regulated and their will be minimum monetary requirement to ensure only those with money to invest come in with that visa category and the era of flooding other territories with nylon bag in hopes of hitting it big will be over....Lastly the new countries hold the right to nationalize worthy businesses and revoke Titles to landed properties ....The only negotiating factor is what Biafra too has to offer the other nationalities.. .that is what will decide what they relax and allow you to do in their own lands as well

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by laudate: 10:55pm On Jun 14, 2017
laplace19:
You saw flights taking off but oblivious of where they are heading to?. Go to that airport and board a flight going to China, Malaysia, UK, Canada, UAE, etc. What is there to make it international? The highest distance any flight can take from there is either to Lome' or Ethiopia . Do you think it's everybody that's comfy travelling by land from south east to Lagos just to board an international flight? What about those travelling to Lagos or Abuja every week to the embassy just for interview alone? Spend money to lodge in hotels if the interview fails to hold? This is just one out of many. So anybody that supports these injustices is just a wicked soul.
Do you know anything about international diplomatic practice? sad Embassies are located in the political capitals of the host country. They don't just open an office at every junction, as if they are retail branches of a commercial bank.

In very few cases, they may open an additional consular office or a deputy high commission (e.g. in Commonwealth countries) in a place where a high proportion of their citizens are resident, outside the political capital of the host country.

As for international flights taking off from your region, you chaps have had South-easterners as Ministers of Aviation in the recent past. Do you remember Kema Chikwe, late Ojo Maduekwe and even Stella Ada Oduah? What did they do about it? undecided

6 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by YorubaMod(m): 10:56pm On Jun 14, 2017
winterfell007:

I'm igbo too. Biafra is a mirage it's never gonna happen. Nigeria is bond, I advise u to make ur peace with that fact. Inugo!!
Oga keep quiet, who made you an Igbo??...keep impersonating ur ogbomosho kinsmen not Igbos cheesy
Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by lexy2014: 10:56pm On Jun 14, 2017
janellemonae:

Well they've already told d catholic pope in Rome dt one of their villages is being marginalized for priesthood so surely when they get their biafra d UN HQ must move to enugu.
my brother no b small thing...they are so hilarious

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by laudate: 10:58pm On Jun 14, 2017
tunjilana:
I see this naivety all the time and I find it very funny to believe people actually think this way...My dear, the new countries will likely come up with policies that put their own people first and ensure prosperity... The laws that allow you open 'shop' anywhere and anyhow will no longér b in place ...permits will be issued to foreign investors and this will be regulated and their will be minimum monetary requirement to ensure only those with money to invest come in with that visa category and the era of flooding other territories with nylon bag in hopes of hitting it big will be over....Lastly the new countries hold the right to nationalize worthy businesses and revoke Titles to landed properties ....The only negotiating factor is what Biafra too has to offer the other nationalities.. .that is what will decide what they relax and allow you to do in their own lands as well

You dey mind dem? shocked This issue has been discussed on a number of threads, but they keep recycling their cut-and-paste erroneous views, in the hope that they can brainwash Nigerians into buying their misguided hypothesis. When that time comes, and their property titles are revoked, e go do dem like Nollywood film... cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jun 14, 2017
nothernstar:
blame it on govt who systematically made it very difficult to do biz in that region. No good road,no international airport. It was the govt that stopped Aba from growing. It was the govt espacially the OBJ govt that underfunded the federal unis in that region compared to how others were funded. Decongest lagos port, make calaber and porthacourt ports international standards. Lagos and the west are what they are today not because they are too intelligent than others but because of the federal get presence before and after. It's simple create an enable environment in the east, West and north let's see who wins at the end of the day.

So there are good roads in all other states in Nigeria apart from d east. And OBJ funded all federal universities in Nigeria apart from those in d east. So it is only ASUU eastern chapter dt goes on strike??

U just open ur mouth and spout lies. And what do u mean by who wins?? Is it a competition?? I swear u guys have psychological problems.

4 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by YorubaMod(m): 11:02pm On Jun 14, 2017
Edu3Again:
Yoruba people too want out of Nigeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyPfAIAA1bk
Those pple are the worst cowards i have seen in this life cheesy,they want to have their own country yet can't utter a word since due to fear of northerns, to tell you the level of cowardness in them,they are now coming due to Biafra have given them a shield...Bunch of cowards, all of them. .
As for me, am a full blooded IGBO, we don't give a damn what the north and federal govt thinks, we do things our own way.. Bleep the presidency..

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by laudate: 11:05pm On Jun 14, 2017
YorubaMod:

Those pple are the worst cowards i have seen in this life cheesy,they want to have their own country yet can't utter a word since due to fear of northerns, to tell you the level of cowardness in them,they are now coming due to Biafra have given them a shield...Bunch of cowards, all of them. .
As for me, am a full blooded IGBO, we don't give a damn what the north and federal govt thinks, we do things our own way.. Bleep the presidency..

Full blooded Igbo who called himself YorubaMod....hehehe! Too many jokers exist on NL, honestly!

5 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by nothernstar: 11:08pm On Jun 14, 2017
No negotiations can stop the agitation. The govt knows what they doing. Meanwhile to stop it is very simple. Restructure the system. Let every region grow at its own pace. Remove quota system then watch agitation die a natural death.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by correctNwa042: 11:08pm On Jun 14, 2017
You met and didn't call nnamdi KANU? So what's the essence of your meeting? You think the people you met with can control Igbo youths?

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by YorubaMod(m): 11:11pm On Jun 14, 2017
laudate:

Full blooded Igbo called YorubaMod....hehehe! Too many jokers exist on NL, honestly!
Common sense will tell you what that monicker means.. Anu ohia nwuru anwu.. Onye ofe mmanu na amaghi aka nni na aka ekpe ya.. Mumu
Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by laudate: 11:15pm On Jun 14, 2017
YorubaMod:
Common sense will tell you what that monicker means.. Anu ohia nwuru anwu.. Onye ofe mmanu na amaghi aka nni na aka ekpe ya.. Mumu

See this onye eberibe, onye nzuzu.... were you not the one who chose to identify with that Southwestern ethnic group, by choosing a moniker that is closely linked to their name? Efulefu!

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jun 14, 2017
YorubaMod:

Who are those ones?? And what d f**k is dt ugly flag.?? I have never heard a Yoruba man/woman on d streets, in d salon or in an office talk about leaving Nigeria. We know all igbos think Dt way. Yorubas do not. Not even during all d events after June 12 1993. Nadeco was fighting for democracy. And we got it. The thought of secession never crossed my mind until I started listening to u ibos yap ur mouth since 2015. All of a sudden I hate being in a country wt u dolts.

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by mejai(m): 11:16pm On Jun 14, 2017
YungMillionaire:

cool NO storm is coming. Stop wasting your time. Biafra is dead and buried - to rise no more. No referendum. Nothing. And if you dare take up arms, the Nigerian military will use your osu head for pepper soup. cool
grin

ol boy, how u take know pepper soup dey hungry me sef.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by Newmanluckyman(m): 11:19pm On Jun 14, 2017
morbeta:
Enugu state Governor is always wearing agbada like aboki.
...this is becoming too irritating. I know that ndigbo is a progressive and a dynamic tribe but the governor is going too far on this.Meanwhile, Buhari as the president of the nation hasn't for one day appeared in a different attire like his predecessors.sigh!
Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by YungMillionaire: 11:19pm On Jun 14, 2017
mejai:
grin

ol boy, how u take know pepper soup dey hungry me sef.
grin Me sef grin
Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by YorubaMod(m): 11:23pm On Jun 14, 2017
janellemonae:

Who are those ones?? And what d f**k is dt ugly flag.?? I have never heard a Yoruba man/woman on d streets, in d salon or in an office talk about leaving Nigeria. We know all igbos think Dt way. Yorubas do not. Not even during all d events after June 12 1993. Nadeco was fighting for democracy. And we got it. The thought of secession never crossed my mind until I started listening to u ibos yap ur mouth since 2015. All of a sudden I hate being in a country wt u dolts.
Go Bleep urself...Igbos don't want to have anything to do with you dirty, lazy and coward Afonjas.. That's why we need Biafra, where no lazy and dirty afonja being will be found.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by Xeeman(m): 11:27pm On Jun 14, 2017
vicdom:

Biafra will come just like every other peaceful breakaway. Aside those peaceful protesters being killed presently, there'll be no gun shot fired over Biafras second and successful coming.

The fact is that majority Nigerians misconceive what secession entails and are thus paranoid about it, is their cup of tea.

The Igbos trooping up north on daily basis to live or trade doesn't stop Igbos from having their own country, United Kingdom created 4 separate home nations and yet, england is main home to Scottish, Welsh and Irish businesses.

The Igbos owning may be 70 % of homes, estates, plazas and hotels in lagos and abuja doesn't stop Igbos from owning their own country.

After all, Jews own America and come to Israel on visa and yet they're proudly Israelis.

The Igbos will still sell in Kano, lagos, abuja etc markets as foreigners with their Biafran embassy issuing them passports, better dignity & international standard protections just like Lebanese, Chinese etc that operate here.

The process of secession in international laws has advanced, and is no longer fight and acrimony like in 1967, so, my dear Fulani soldiers, stop spoiling for brutality and those waiting for abandoned property to seize, sorry to disappoint, but that ain't happening.
Igbos don't even need political leaders to guide them to Biafra. It is a movement and as such it is the masses that decide.

Check the process of the failed Scotland bid and the recent successful break up of nations across the world. They're masses driven.

Gordon Brown the former British PM, and all prominent Scottish politicians, celebrities and sportsmen all campaigned for Scotland not to secede, yet, they couldn't stop the plebiscite and Scotland nearly seceded, Britain conceded so much powers and autonomy to them, that Scotland has eaten it's cake and still has it. It is a country within a country.

Therefore Igbo prominent men and politicians will be no different and are not expected to fight for Biafra.
Modern secession is a vote thing, and the masses carry the vote in democracy, not wealthy individuals, so, those Aba protesting masses are the ones to decide, not coscharis & Rockview owners.

Biafra will eventually come, and it will bring with it, that illusive value and premium placed on the heads of poor Igbo traders in the north and other corners of nigeria.
This is because, they'll operate as expatriates with visas and a functional embassy of Biafra protecting them and taking up their grievances and forcing nigeria via international medium and laws to compensate adequately for their burnt goods or other infractions.

The Igbo federal civil servants, company and bank workers will transfer to the Biafran branches of same agencies, banks and firms and some logistics on pensions and savings will be worked out.

The Ijaw man fearing Igbo man taking his oil, should know that Igbos have oil & gas in four of their five states, plus coal etc. The Igbo will pay internationally determined prices to use wharfs that are close to them and buy oil & gas from their neighbors, so, fear not too much. Equally, under international maritime and aviation treaties, Biafrans must be allowed to use wharfs around them and pay the prices, unless the nation in question wants sanctions and pariah.
As most western nations have shown, it is not resources that make a country rich. As nigeria has also shown, abundance of resources don't make rich countries.

It is brain, grit, meritocracy, ingenuity and patriotism that advances a nation. The Niger deltans can yet join the movement rather than sit and doubt Noah while he builds the ark.
Anyways, the present arrangement the Niger delta has in nigeria is the worse arrangement for a resource rich area in any part of the world, and I authoritatively tell you this
Nice write up. I cherished your hate free posting wch I never observe from Biafran agitators.
However if Igbos are to continue their businesses in other regions of the country, why do we have to divide ourselves?
Your people are spoiling the morality of our society here in the North;go to sabon Gari area in kano you'll see that all social and criminal vices are committed there, so if we divide and still live together then the problem continue.
Another example is the case of Evans, the notorious kidnapper from Anambra but he mainly operate in Lagos.
I wish you war free Biafra but at the same time pray for your peoples safe departure.

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by almarthins(m): 11:38pm On Jun 14, 2017
vicdom:

Are u high on koboko or moroko?

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by Bede2u(m): 11:41pm On Jun 14, 2017
vicdom:

i dont knw who u are but my guy, u are smart!

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by laudate: 11:45pm On Jun 14, 2017
almarthins:
Are u high on koboko or moroko?
I think it is orijin or kaikai! cheesy He says a Biafran embassy in Nigeria will protect the property and assets of the Igbo, if they breakaway. I don't know if he is going to hold a gun to the head of the Nigerian govt to force them to establish diplomatic ties with Biafra. It is this kind of delusion which made the rebels underestimate the federal side, that cost them the war.

Bede2u:
i dont knw who u are but my guy, u are smart!
What is smart about the fallacy and make-belief stories that he postulated? shocked Do you understand the deception he was weaving up there, or you just chose to swallow his half-baked hypothesis?

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by caracas: 11:46pm On Jun 14, 2017
EverestdeBliu:
Igbos are the architect of their own misfortune, they should stop wailing already and try to address their cultural issues...The world has moved on.

Hey calm down, I am from the Southeast too, but its high time we started telling ourselves the truth.

I just arrived from Enugu few weeks ago, and where I stayed was very close to the airport and I saw flights taking off; Enugu airport is still in full operation.
And why should the Lagos seaport be closed? Because it's not in the Southeast? SMH

Now the problem is this, around 65% of the Igbos stay elsewhere in lieu of the Southeast, how do you expect the region to develop when our people barely stay and do business at home?
If u are igbo n is asking this question then u should be flogged.
The reason is simple developments, federal presence,
Which can only be done by the federal government .
Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by caracas: 12:05am On Jun 15, 2017
wristbangle:
A dialogue is needed to calm the tribal unrest in the country. Nice one PYO. Let Igbos, Yorubas and Hausas put away their differences and build a great nation with the notion to err their sincere opinion through election to boot out incompetent government.

Our diversity as a nation is one of the reason we are top of the chart in terms of GDP in Africa.

USA is great today due to their diverse culture but what happened to soviet nation after Ukraine/romania referendum, Russia is still great but not as strong as it use to but ukraine/romania has been struggling since they opt out.
So What happened to south kores when they broke out of korea republic ?What of singapore? Etc
Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by yom2(m): 12:19am On Jun 15, 2017
justman911:

I earlier said I would have nothing to do with this topic but your comment drew my attention. I am igbo, but I am not a dummy. Hear me clearly brother, we are biting more than we can chew. We complain repeatedly of marginalization under the current Nigerian arrangement but we are so selfish to the point that no one wants to bury his ambition for the other. Atiku, Kwankwaso and their likes shelved their ambitions and gladly threw their weight behind PMB to win the seat over to the north. Something the ibos would not do on a good day. Let's be factual here, nothing stops an ibo man from campaigning, winning the presidential election and approving the construction of 10 seaports and 50 niger bridges. How many times have your senators, representatives and ministers pleaded on your behalf until recently? When GEJ your half brother was there appointing Easterners up and down what did the Ibos achieve? Why did we not build all our roads and bridges then? and why didn't we push for our referendum then? if we remain blind to these things, we may just have another case of South Sudan on our hands.
Besides we don't have a leader. Nnamdi Kanu is far from leadership or what it entails. Having people bow to him, forming Ibo jew to get Israel's attention, and calling other human beings derogatory names to drive home a point is far from leadership. Call him a ruler and I will lend you my left ear but that dude is far from a leader.

Sentiments aside, think about it nwanne.
well said , thank u bro if only it will sink into their head. We need leaders with a global perspective who can truelly transform d east. Not clanish leaders or bigots or one with unbridled primitive instincts and they should know dat sentiments and emotions dnt win wars or causes but strategic thinking and resources
Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 12:31am On Jun 15, 2017
vicdom:

hahahahaha hahahahaha
U quote international law, but didn't quote Land use Act..
for ur info, LAND BELONGS TO THE PEOPLE OF NIGERIA.... #NOT FOREIGNERS... YOU CANT EAT UR CAKE AND HAVE IT.
Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by Erotik(m): 12:33am On Jun 15, 2017
THIS ARTICLE IS THE BOMB!
Landlocked South vs Deadlocked North
Who actually has the padlock?? Who has the keys??
By Bishops Edwin
This Hausa man took a deep cut of his gworo and said to me, "Biafra will be landlocked, over populated, they will loose so much wealth and the separation will most likely be a war"..
I sipped my wine, because I knew he was on the cheapest fears and I said to him,"I have all the keys to those pad locks"..
First look at these..
Two scenarios.. A Biafra with the south south and another without the south south.
Without the South South... How has landlock stopped a nation from growing? In this era of Antonov An-225 Hercules planes that can lift over 450000kg equivalent to almost 2 ships and who remembers a SEAPORT in this generation of INTERNET-PORT when 85% of world's transactions are done through high speed broad band Internet. Gambia, Togo, Benin, Mauritania, Guinea etc all have unlimited assess to the sea.. Ha ji ya mee gini?? Are they in anyway doing better than Rwanda, Bostwana and little Djibouti. In fact Djibouti is servicing 25 African countries with its Antonov plane nicknamed SKY-PORT that covers its most distant point in Africa from Djibouti in 18hrs while it will take 3 days to move a 40ft container from Apapa to Aba.. Rwanda without a StreamPort nor RiverPort, not to talk of seaport is Africa's best growing economy!
In Europe, the PIIGS (Portugal, Italy, Ireland, Greece and Spain) have a peninsulaic access to the sea, whenever the storm of recession comes, it first sweeps them into the same damn sea, they are Eurozone weakest nations while landlocked countries like Luxembourg, Austria and Germany are waxing strong.. As in ha kwu chim n'ala...
In Asia, Qatar, Abu Dhabi, Dubai are not only landlocked but desert locked and how has that affected them?.. Who sea epp??
If the SS is not Biafra, there are various international corridors and laws that can sort things out, not forgetting that a greater communication with that region must cross through the South east (Biafra)..
But if the Yoruba republics are declared and the complete anticipated Biafra is pronounced with the SS.. Then the north is simply DEADLOCKED and then mallam, I will advice you to chew less of this gworo now, so you can have what to eat then...
On the population, what laws says all Biafrans must live in Biafra land.. What percentage even lives in the north?? Less than 3%!!!.. Yes..
when you go to some places in the south east, the population looks like there is a festivity going on but you must admit that the Greater Tokyo Metropolitan has a population of 37million people and Monaco has a density of 22500 per sq. km.. I don't see people walking on the heads of others there, rather I see a China, India, Japan, USA, Mexico that has harnessed and muscled the strengths of their population into development.. Even Lagos explosively developed due to population increase, that people had to push back the sea.. 1000 skyscrapers in Biafra land, in no joke will solve the housing problem of Biafra by 95%!.. Take this to the bank!
On Biafrans loosing their wealth, I need not go outside Nigeria for an answer.. In 1970, Biafrans got £20 and in 1975, there were millionaires already in Biafra land, the likes of Chisco, Ekene Dili Chukwu, Emeka Offor and even in 1979, Alex Ekwueme single handedly sponsored NPN to presidency that he was rewarded with a VP seat... Now show me one man, east, south, north and west that is wealthy from all the inheritance of the abandoned property??
The north is still underdeveloped, impoverished and incomparably out of tone with the 21st century...
On separations meaning a war.. This defines the sum of the accumulation of the northern cowardice, as if Russia broke up through a war, what about Eritrea? Singapore and Malaysia??.. There are more peaceful resolutions to conflicts than the vampire attitudes of the north but let it be clear to you mallam, eshi à muru dike na mba, ka à muru ibe ya!..
The problem of the North is that they are brainlocked, spirituallocked, psycholocked, greedlocked, futurelocked, even landlocked and above all DEADLOCKED by their ancestors who have long lost the keys to UNLOCK them and yet they want everyone to synchronize with their backwardness and then still think its about PDP vs APC.
Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by Elbowroom: 1:05am On Jun 15, 2017
ZKOSOSO:
Wetin Saraki and Dogara dey find there? Na igbo dem be?

When the HausaFulaniKanuris-Muslims were meeting yesterday with Osinbajo how many igbos joined them?? This is injustice..

Meanwhile.......we need common sense ....give us common sense , give Biafra, give us Oduduwa and give us middlebelt republics.

Nigeria haff expired.....since 2014....

Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by laudate: 1:13am On Jun 15, 2017
Erotik:
THIS ARTICLE IS THE BOMB!
Landlocked South vs Deadlocked North
Who actually has the padlock?? Who has the keys??
By Bishops Edwin
This Hausa man took a deep cut of his gworo and said to me, "Biafra will be landlocked, over populated, they will loose so much wealth and the separation will most likely be a war"..
I sipped my wine, because I knew he was on the cheapest fears and I said to him,"I have all the keys to those pad locks"..
First look at these..
Two scenarios.. A Biafra with the south south and another without the south south.
Without the South South... How has landlock stopped a nation from growing? In this era of Antonov An-225 Hercules planes that can lift over 450000kg equivalent to almost 2 ships and who remembers a SEAPORT in this generation of INTERNET-PORT when 85% of world's transactions are done through high speed broad band Internet. Gambia, Togo, Benin, Mauritania, Guinea etc all have unlimited assess to the sea.. Ha ji ya mee gini?? Are they in anyway doing better than Rwanda, Bostwana and little Djibouti. In fact Djibouti is servicing 25 African countries with its Antonov plane nicknamed SKY-PORT that covers its most distant point in Africa from Djibouti in 18hrs while it will take 3 days to move a 40ft container from Apapa to Aba.. Rwanda without a StreamPort nor RiverPort, not to talk of seaport is Africa's best growing economy!
In Europe, the PIIGS (Portugal, Italy, Ireland, Greece and Spain) have a peninsulaic access to the sea, whenever the storm of recession comes, it first sweeps them into the same damn sea, they are Eurozone weakest nations while landlocked countries like Luxembourg, Austria and Germany are waxing strong.. As in ha kwu chim n'ala...
In Asia, Qatar, Abu Dhabi, Dubai are not only landlocked but desert locked and how has that affected them?.. Who sea epp??
If the SS is not Biafra, there are various international corridors and laws that can sort things out, not forgetting that a greater communication with that region must cross through the South east (Biafra)..
But if the Yoruba republics are declared and the complete anticipated Biafra is pronounced with the SS.. Then the north is simply DEADLOCKED and then mallam, I will advice you to chew less of this gworo now, so you can have what to eat then...
On the population, what laws says all Biafrans must live in Biafra land.. What percentage even lives in the north?? Less than 3%!!!.. Yes..
when you go to some places in the south east, the population looks like there is a festivity going on but you must admit that the Greater Tokyo Metropolitan has a population of 37million people and Monaco has a density of 22500 per sq. km.. I don't see people walking on the heads of others there, rather I see a China, India, Japan, USA, Mexico that has harnessed and muscled the strengths of their population into development.. Even Lagos explosively developed due to population increase, that people had to push back the sea.. 1000 skyscrapers in Biafra land, in no joke will solve the housing problem of Biafra by 95%!.. Take this to the bank!
On Biafrans loosing their wealth, I need not go outside Nigeria for an answer.. In 1970, Biafrans got £20 and in 1975, there were millionaires already in Biafra land, the likes of Chisco, Ekene Dili Chukwu, Emeka Offor and even in 1979, Alex Ekwueme single handedly sponsored NPN to presidency that he was rewarded with a VP seat... Now show me one man, east, south, north and west that is wealthy from all the inheritance of the abandoned property??
The north is still underdeveloped, impoverished and incomparably out of tone with the 21st century...
On separations meaning a war.. This defines the sum of the accumulation of the northern cowardice, as if Russia broke up through a war, what about Eritrea? Singapore and Malaysia??.. There are more peaceful resolutions to conflicts than the vampire attitudes of the north but let it be clear to you mallam, eshi à muru dike na mba, ka à muru ibe ya!..
The problem of the North is that they are brainlocked, spirituallocked, psycholocked, greedlocked, futurelocked, even landlocked and above all DEADLOCKED by their ancestors who have long lost the keys to UNLOCK them and yet they want everyone to synchronize with their backwardness and then still think its about PDP vs APC.

This was the same type of propaganda that was used to deceive your forbears in 1967, just before the bearded general declared secession. sad He used hypnotic high-falutin' phrases such as these ones to lull them into a false sense of security, and gained their confidence. By the time they realised khaki no be leather, water don pass garri. Keep dreaming, bro'. Dawn go soon break... sad
Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by hollywater: 1:46am On Jun 15, 2017
EverestdeBliu:
Igbos are the architect of their own misfortune, they should stop wailing already and try to address their cultural issues...The world has moved on.

Hey calm down, I am from the Southeast too, but its high time we started telling ourselves the truth.

I just arrived from Enugu few weeks ago, and where I stayed was very close to the airport and I saw flights taking off; Enugu airport is still in full operation.
And why should the Lagos seaport be closed? Because it's not in the Southeast? SMH

Now the problem is this, around 65% of the Igbos stay elsewhere in lieu of the Southeast, how do you expect the region to develop when our people barely stay and do business at home?
How can you do business, when you don't have seaport in your near to import goods? The only functioning seaport, is in Lagos.That is why we do business there. If the Nigeria railway is something to write home about, it would've been easier importing into Lagos seaport, and bring it down to east.
Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 2:45am On Jun 15, 2017
EverestdeBliu:

Igbos must be the majority then ,if 65% of th can stay outside the SE yet theSE is still that much populated and homogenous.
Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by AreaFada2: 2:49am On Jun 15, 2017
deji15:
Education is really important.

At this meeting, you have the Ag President, the Speaker and The Senate President meeting with representatives from SE.

Is this meeting not more meaningful than the Jamboree Constitutional conference organised by previous Govts, that has not achieved any result since ?

The last constitutional conference submitted a report. That Buhari has decided to not implement because it would lessen the power grip of the North. It was partly meant to reduce possibility of the Northern threat facing us now. Jonathan had no time to do so before 2015 election.

By the way, Nigeria is not only North & SE. The conference had SW, SS and minorities contribution.

This gathering of same politicians who already meet in NEC or other bodies already is nothing close to nationwide conference. The status quo also favours 90% of the people meeting with Osinbajo & the VP himself.
Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by suremanpatriot: 2:52am On Jun 15, 2017
Kudos to you Mr Ag President.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How APC Governors Backed Obaseki's Move To PDP / "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" / Queen Of England Presents To Chukwu-Emeka Chikezie An MBE Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 166
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.