Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,849 members, 7,813,881 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:35 PM

Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) (39024 Views)

President Buhari Laughs As Masked Osinbajo Meets Him For Briefing (Photos) / VP Osinbajo Meets Nigeria’s Oldest Surviving Soldier In Lagos (photo) / Aisha Buhari On A Yacht In Turkey With Wives Of Other Leaders (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by greenermodels: 10:14pm On Jun 14, 2017
GenBuhari:
Is "Nnamdi" Clown-u an Igbo leader?
i thought you're more matured than this.
Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by winterfell007(m): 10:15pm On Jun 14, 2017
wristbangle:
A dialogue is needed to calm the tribal unrest in the country. Nice one PYO. Let Igbos, Yorubas and Hausas put away their differences and build a great nation with the notion to err their sincere opinion through election to boot out incompetent government.

Our diversity as a nation is one of the reason we are top of the chart in terms of GDP in Africa.

USA is great today due to their diverse culture but what happened to soviet nation after Ukraine/romania referendum, Russia is still great but not as strong as it use to but ukraine/romania has been struggling since they opt out.

My brother what u wrote is exactly what i'm trying to explain to my igbo brothers. Some seem not to care, that fraudster, Kanu has so much brainwashed my people. It's painful really, I must commend Osinbajo for doing d needful.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by Ufranklin92(m): 10:16pm On Jun 14, 2017
EverestdeBliu:
Igbos are the architect of their own misfortune, they should stop wailing already and try to address their cultural issues...The world has moved on.

clown
Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by Edu3Again: 10:16pm On Jun 14, 2017
Yoruba people too want out of Nigeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyPfAIAA1bk
Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by Yemea1: 10:16pm On Jun 14, 2017
Igbos and hausa are over ready for this ultimatum.... those containerss been imported loaded with arms are they meant for military or airforce?

I beg someone should answer me.

Lots of politicans are behind this so the issue as gone far pass this meeting they are doing.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by YungMillionaire: 10:17pm On Jun 14, 2017
mejai:
Biafra is larger than all these people put together. It is unstoppable. Even Nnamdi Kanu can't control it. D storm is coming.

cool NO storm is coming. Stop wasting your time. Biafra is dead and buried - to rise no more. No referendum. Nothing. And if you dare take up arms, the Nigerian military will use your osu head for pepper soup. cool

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by Akpan107(m): 10:18pm On Jun 14, 2017
Pastor Osinbanjo is a wise man... I love his style... to him, nobody is 5% or 97%.
Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by winterfell007(m): 10:19pm On Jun 14, 2017
vicdom:
For those thinking of 2nd civil war and prospects of seizing Igbo properties;*

Biafra will come just like every other peaceful breakaway. Aside those peaceful protesters being killed presently, there'll be no gun shot fired over Biafras second and successful coming.

The fact is that majority Nigerians misconceive what secession entails and are thus paranoid about it, is their cup of tea.

The Igbos trooping up north on daily basis to live or trade doesn't stop Igbos from having their own country, United Kingdom created 4 separate home nations and yet, england is main home to Scottish, Welsh and Irish businesses.

The Igbos owning may be 70 % of homes, estates, plazas and hotels in lagos and abuja doesn't stop Igbos from owning their own country.

After all, Jews own America and come to Israel on visa and yet they're proudly Israelis.

The Igbos will still sell in Kano, lagos, abuja etc markets as foreigners with their Biafran embassy issuing them passports, better dignity & international standard protections just like Lebanese, Chinese etc that operate here.

The process of secession in international laws has advanced, and is no longer fight and acrimony like in 1967, so, my dear Fulani soldiers, stop spoiling for brutality and those waiting for abandoned property to seize, sorry to disappoint, but that ain't happening.
Igbos don't even need political leaders to guide them to Biafra. It is a movement and as such it is the masses that decide.

Check the process of the failed Scotland bid and the recent successful break up of nations across the world. They're masses driven.

Gordon Brown the former British PM, and all prominent Scottish politicians, celebrities and sportsmen all campaigned for Scotland not to secede, yet, they couldn't stop the plebiscite and Scotland nearly seceded, Britain conceded so much powers and autonomy to them, that Scotland has eaten it's cake and still has it. It is a country within a country.

Therefore Igbo prominent men and politicians will be no different and are not expected to fight for Biafra.
Modern secession is a vote thing, and the masses carry the vote in democracy, not wealthy individuals, so, those Aba protesting masses are the ones to decide, not coscharis & Rockview owners.

Biafra will eventually come, and it will bring with it, that illusive value and premium placed on the heads of poor Igbo traders in the north and other corners of nigeria.
This is because, they'll operate as expatriates with visas and a functional embassy of Biafra protecting them and taking up their grievances and forcing nigeria via international medium and laws to compensate adequately for their burnt goods or other infractions.

The Igbo federal civil servants, company and bank workers will transfer to the Biafran branches of same agencies, banks and firms and some logistics on pensions and savings will be worked out.

These things are orderly and the UN have perfected the art of dividing nations.

The Ijaw man fearing Igbo man taking his oil, should know that Igbos have oil & gas in four of their five states, plus coal etc. The Igbo will pay internationally determined prices to use wharfs that are close to them and buy oil & gas from their neighbors, so, fear not too much. Equally, under international maritime and aviation treaties, Biafrans must be allowed to use wharfs around them and pay the prices, unless the nation in question wants sanctions and pariah.
As most western nations have shown, it is not resources that make a country rich. As nigeria has also shown, abundance of resources don't make rich countries.

It is brain, grit, meritocracy, ingenuity and patriotism that advances a nation. The Niger deltans can yet join the movement rather than sit and doubt Noah while he builds the ark.
Anyways, the present arrangement the Niger delta has in nigeria is the worse arrangement for a resource rich area in any part of the world, and I authoritatively tell you this

I'm igbo too. Biafra is a mirage it's never gonna happen. Nigeria is bond, I advise u to make ur peace with that fact. Inugo!!

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by danggy(m): 10:20pm On Jun 14, 2017
Sorry to ask ooo....when this man met the Hausa elders were igbo men among them?

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jun 14, 2017
To be a leader you need to be elected appointed to the role of leadership
If you check the definition of a leader, you would likely find he doesn't fit the definition.
greenermodels:
i thought you're more matured than this.
Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by bloodwashed: 10:23pm On Jun 14, 2017
vicdom:
For those thinking of 2nd civil war and prospects of seizing Igbo properties;*

Biafra will come just like every other peaceful breakaway. Aside those peaceful protesters being killed presently, there'll be no gun shot fired over Biafras second and successful coming.

The fact is that majority Nigerians misconceive what secession entails and are thus paranoid about it, is their cup of tea.

The Igbos trooping up north on daily basis to live or trade doesn't stop Igbos from having their own country, United Kingdom created 4 separate home nations and yet, england is main home to Scottish, Welsh and Irish businesses.

The Igbos owning may be 70 % of homes, estates, plazas and hotels in lagos and abuja doesn't stop Igbos from owning their own country.

After all, Jews own America and come to Israel on visa and yet they're proudly Israelis.

The Igbos will still sell in Kano, lagos, abuja etc markets as foreigners with their Biafran embassy issuing them passports, better dignity & international standard protections just like Lebanese, Chinese etc that operate here.

The process of secession in international laws has advanced, and is no longer fight and acrimony like in 1967, so, my dear Fulani soldiers, stop spoiling for brutality and those waiting for abandoned property to seize, sorry to disappoint, but that ain't happening.
Igbos don't even need political leaders to guide them to Biafra. It is a movement and as such it is the masses that decide.

Check the process of the failed Scotland bid and the recent successful break up of nations across the world. They're masses driven.

Gordon Brown the former British PM, and all prominent Scottish politicians, celebrities and sportsmen all campaigned for Scotland not to secede, yet, they couldn't stop the plebiscite and Scotland nearly seceded, Britain conceded so much powers and autonomy to them, that Scotland has eaten it's cake and still has it. It is a country within a country.

Therefore Igbo prominent men and politicians will be no different and are not expected to fight for Biafra.
Modern secession is a vote thing, and the masses carry the vote in democracy, not wealthy individuals, so, those Aba protesting masses are the ones to decide, not coscharis & Rockview owners.

Biafra will eventually come, and it will bring with it, that illusive value and premium placed on the heads of poor Igbo traders in the north and other corners of nigeria.
This is because, they'll operate as expatriates with visas and a functional embassy of Biafra protecting them and taking up their grievances and forcing nigeria via international medium and laws to compensate adequately for their burnt goods or other infractions.

The Igbo federal civil servants, company and bank workers will transfer to the Biafran branches of same agencies, banks and firms and some logistics on pensions and savings will be worked out.

These things are orderly and the UN have perfected the art of dividing nations.

The Ijaw man fearing Igbo man taking his oil, should know that Igbos have oil & gas in four of their five states, plus coal etc. The Igbo will pay internationally determined prices to use wharfs that are close to them and buy oil & gas from their neighbors, so, fear not too much. Equally, under international maritime and aviation treaties, Biafrans must be allowed to use wharfs around them and pay the prices, unless the nation in question wants sanctions and pariah.
As most western nations have shown, it is not resources that make a country rich. As nigeria has also shown, abundance of resources don't make rich countries.

It is brain, grit, meritocracy, ingenuity and patriotism that advances a nation. The Niger deltans can yet join the movement rather than sit and doubt Noah while he builds the ark.
Anyways, the present arrangement the Niger delta has in nigeria is the worse arrangement for a resource rich area in any part of the world, and I authoritatively tell you this

Too much talk; truth is, if you get Biafra, you pack your bags and leave. You can't eat your cake and have it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by charlesucheh(m): 10:23pm On Jun 14, 2017
Oya! Let the sharing begin!!! Sebi it's Naija they want to share!!!

Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by laplace19(m): 10:23pm On Jun 14, 2017
EverestdeBliu:
Igbos are the architect of their own misfortune, they should stop wailing already and try to address their cultural issues...The world has moved on.

Hey calm down, I am from the Southeast too, but its high time we started telling ourselves the truth.

I just arrived from Enugu few weeks ago, and where I stayed was very close to the airport and I saw flights taking off; Enugu airport is still in full operation.
And why should the Lagos seaport be closed? Because it's not in the Southeast? SMH

Now the problem is this, around 65% of the Igbos stay elsewhere in lieu of the Southeast, how do you expect the region to develop when our people barely stay and do business at home?

You saw flights taking off but oblivious of where they are heading to?. Go to that airport and board a flight going to China, Malaysia, UK, Canada, UAE, etc. What is there to make it international? The highest distance any flight can take from there is either to Lome' or Ethiopia . Do you think it's everybody that's comfy travelling by land from south east to Lagos just to board an international flight? What about those travelling to Lagos or Abuja every week to the embassy just for interview alone? Spend money to lodge in hotels if the interview fails to hold? This is just one out of many. So anybody that supports these injustices is just a wicked soul.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by YorubaMod(m): 10:26pm On Jun 14, 2017
GenBuhari:
Is "Nnamdi" Clown-u an Igbo leader?
Oga shut up, you have a very bad mouth odour embarassed embarassed...you see what too much of Ewedu soup have done to ur breath
Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by justman911(m): 10:27pm On Jun 14, 2017
PedroJP:

Simple thing. Let then conduct a referendum for the benefit of doubt, then if the exits have it, we then start parting arrangements. Give us just three years, if Biafrans don't relocate back to East then chase them away if you feel you can't have them no more even as foreigners.

Military and paramilitary alone can accomodate a large number of our youths not to talk about agencies and Ministries that will be established to run the new nation.

So, just tell your leaders that we need due procedd otherwise we burn together. It is a curse being together with you guys, stop making it seem like we are having double ming seceding.

I earlier said I would have nothing to do with this topic but your comment drew my attention. I am igbo, but I am not a dummy. Hear me clearly brother, we are biting more than we can chew. We complain repeatedly of marginalization under the current Nigerian arrangement but we are so selfish to the point that no one wants to bury his ambition for the other. Atiku, Kwankwaso and their likes shelved their ambitions and gladly threw their weight behind PMB to win the seat over to the north. Something the ibos would not do on a good day. Let's be factual here, nothing stops an ibo man from campaigning, winning the presidential election and approving the construction of 10 seaports and 50 niger bridges. How many times have your senators, representatives and ministers pleaded on your behalf until recently? When GEJ your half brother was there appointing Easterners up and down what did the Ibos achieve? Why did we not build all our roads and bridges then? and why didn't we push for our referendum then? if we remain blind to these things, we may just have another case of South Sudan on our hands.
Besides we don't have a leader. Nnamdi Kanu is far from leadership or what it entails. Having people bow to him, forming Ibo jew to get Israel's attention, and calling other human beings derogatory names to drive home a point is far from leadership. Call him a ruler and I will lend you my left ear but that dude is far from a leader.

Sentiments aside, think about it nwanne.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by greenermodels: 10:31pm On Jun 14, 2017
GenBuhari:
To be a leader you need to be elected appointed to the role of leadership
If you check the definition of a leader, you would likely find he doesn't fit the definition.
i won't engage in a meaningless argument with you, calling him names is beneath your status and i would like to remind you that he called for a sit at home protest which was actively opposed by the governors and those fraudsters sitting there with osibanjo yet he achieved a 100% compliance. he has also called for boycotting of elections while those thieves there are already campaigning for anambra elections and beyond, we would see whose voice the masses would heed.
Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by Bullhari007(m): 10:31pm On Jun 14, 2017
any meeting without nnamdi is just a waste of time... Igbo's are not like almagiri or yellowbar people that follows politician to the grave like flies... go and read history, Igbo's can not be easily manipulated by any politician, they are not the type that can be cow around by any politician... Mr osibande stop wasting ur time because we won't listen to any of this politician u parades as Igbo's leader

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by Stanley26(m): 10:32pm On Jun 14, 2017
YorubaMod:
I don't know why nigeria govt love beating around the bush so much, you want to meet Igbos and all you can come up with is to gather ur fellow politicians that are from south-east and you think after the useless cacus meeting that the masses will listen to ur rubbish conclusion... grin they never start to de do meeting sef, this one na season one grin grin..Mr Osibanjo, any Igbo leader that is not NNAMDI KANU is a counterfeit.. Period..

.Speak for ur self sir Nnamdi KANU is not my leader pls ,am from south east Sir......

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by lexy2014: 10:32pm On Jun 14, 2017
Amarabae:
really? Oya close down lagos and abuja airport and open up the Enugu airport.
Close down Lagos seaport, go and dredge calabar seaport so that Igbos can be importing from their Efik neighbour waterways .
Just do these two for Igbos. Ok? Can you?
jeez babe are u in Nigeria or do u no what we have and what we don't have?u sound like an alien. there are three sea ports serving d SS/SE axis, warri, port Harcourt and calabar sea ports.whichever of these 3 traders in d SE choose 2 use they are good. PH is even closer cos u can easily access aba from there. u don't need 2 close Lagos port cos all d ports are under d mgt of NPA. d question u should b asking is y do traders in d SE prefer Lagos 2d other 3 and y are ur political leaders and business men not complaining of d distance to and from Lagos when they have 3 ports in their backyard?again madam, y do u need 2 dredge calabar seaport? has anyone complained that d port can't accept large vessels or u just love d word "dredge"?

5 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by Bullhari007(m): 10:37pm On Jun 14, 2017
EverestdeBliu:

Hey calm down, I am from the Southeast too, but its high time we started telling ourselves the truth.

I just arrived from Enugu few weeks ago, and where I stayed was very close to the airport and I saw flights taking off; Enugu airport is still in full operation.
And why should the Lagos seaport be closed? Because it's not in the Southeast? SMH

Now the problem is this, around 65% of the Igbos stay elsewhere in lieu of the Southeast, how do you expect the region to develop when our people barely stay and do business at home?
hope u still knows that road that leads to ur Father's compound we can't be cowed like almajari
Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by laudate: 10:37pm On Jun 14, 2017
Amarabae:
really? Oya close down lagos and abuja airport and open up the Enugu airport.
Close down Lagos seaport, go and dredge calabar seaport so that Igbos can be importing from their Efik neighbour waterways .
Just do these two for Igbos. Ok? Can you?

Enugu airport has been operating for a several months now. When was the last time you visited the place? And Onne seaport is not far from your region. Why can't your folks use it?

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by Stanley26(m): 10:38pm On Jun 14, 2017
greenermodels:

i won't engage in a meaningless argument with you, calling him names is beneath your status and i would like to remllind you that he called for a sit at home protest which was actively opposed by the governors and those fraudsters sitting there with osibanjo yet he achieved a 100% compliance. he has also called for boycotting of elections while those thieves there are already campaigning for anam
bra elections and beyond, we would see whose voice the masses would heed.
Lil

Dear sir ,we in the south east heed to the sit at home protest because of our dear life, the scenario can be likened to a thief surrendering people wt gun to gv him wat he wants .........
Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by AnanseK(m): 10:39pm On Jun 14, 2017
This is what he needs to deal with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOAdOtmCriM
Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by lexy2014: 10:44pm On Jun 14, 2017
laplace19:

You saw flights taking off but oblivious of where they are heading to?. Go to that airport and board a flight going to China, Malaysia, UK, Canada, UAE, etc. What is there to make it international? The highest distance any flight can take from there is either to Lome' or Ethiopia . Do you think it's everybody that's comfy travelling by land from south east to Lagos just to board an international flight? What about those travelling to Lagos or Abuja every week to the embassy just for interview alone? Spend money to lodge in hotels if the interview fails to hold? This is just one out of many. So anybody that supports these injustices is just a wicked soul.
flight to Lome and Ethiopia is now local abi?is it everything u will use 2 complain of injustice. God will help u people oh. dont worry they will move united nations HQ 2 enugu.siting of embassy is d prerogative of d foreign country involved. Wow men u guys really need 2b informed.

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jun 14, 2017
lexy2014:
jeez babe are in Nigeria or do u no what we have and what we don't have?u sound like an alien. there are three sea ports serving d SS/SE axis, warri, port Harcourt and calabar sea ports.whichever of these 3 traders in d SE choose 2 use they are good. PH is even closer cos u can easily access aba from there. u don't need 2 close Lagos port cos all d ports are under d mgt of NPA. d question u should b asking is y do traders in d SE prefer Lagos 2d other 3 and y are ur political leaders and business men not complaining of d distance to and from Lagos when they have 3 ports in their backyard?again madam, y do u need 2 dredge calabar seaport? has anyone complained that d port can't accept large vessels or u just love d word "dredge"?

I have mentioned these points here before, even mentioned some company's I know dt import from d calabar sea port.

Just ignore these pple. No point arguing or discussing. They are empty and do not exist in reality. They're just brainwashed to parrot some talking points they've bn fed. Trust me they do not care about or know anything about PH or calabar ports. Their businessmen don't even use it. Theyre just trying to scam those SS guys emotionally so they join their biafra. True story.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by YorubaMod(m): 10:49pm On Jun 14, 2017
Stanley26:

.Speak for ur self sir Nnamdi KANU is not my leader pls ,am from south east Sir......

Oga sit the Bleep down Afonja, you're from south-east and Nnamdi Kanu is not ur leader ,then you must be stupid, go and revalidate ur brain..Envious Afonjas

Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by luckyboss(m): 10:50pm On Jun 14, 2017
Medicine after dead, all we need is Biafra.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by JohnieWalker(m): 10:50pm On Jun 14, 2017
PedroJP:

Simple thing. Let then conduct a referendum for the benefit of doubt, then if the exits have it, we then start parting arrangements. Give us just three years, if Biafrans don't relocate back to East then chase them away if you feel you can't have them no more even as foreigners.

Military and paramilitary alone can accomodate a large number of our youths not to talk about agencies and Ministries that will be established to run the new nation.

So, just tell your leaders that we need due procedd otherwise we burn together. It is a curse being together with you guys, stop making it seem like we are having double ming seceding.
With what will the run the country? East doesn't have a viable natural resources, its landlocked, it doesn't have a seaport nor an international airport. Think

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by nothernstar: 10:50pm On Jun 14, 2017
EverestdeBliu:

blame it on govt who systematically made it very difficult to do biz in that region. No good road,no international airport. It was the govt that stopped Aba from growing. It was the govt espacially the OBJ govt that underfunded the federal unis in that region compared to how others were funded. Decongest lagos port, make calaber and porthacourt ports international standards. Lagos and the west are what they are today not because they are too intelligent than others but because of the federal get presence before and after. It's simple create an enable environment in the east, West and north let's see who wins at the end of the day.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by gowaga68: 10:51pm On Jun 14, 2017
SexyNairalander:
booked

It doesn't stop those mallam from carrying out their threats
Just as it never stopped any mu.mu from saying silly words.
On Kaduna 2017 Diclaration I stand.
Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jun 14, 2017
lexy2014:
flight to Lome and Ethiopia is now local abi?is it everything u will use 2 complain of injustice. God will help u people oh. dont worry they will move united nations HQ 2 enugu.siting of embassy is d prerogative of d foreign country involved. Wow men u guys really need 2b informed.

Well they've already told d catholic pope in Rome dt one of their villages is being marginalized for priesthood so surely when they get their biafra d UN HQ must move to enugu.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tinubu Lands In Imo For Meeting With The Private Sector (Photos) / Governor Idris Wada Involved In Car Accident / Cars Destroyed After PDP And APC Supporters Clashed In Kaduna (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.