Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,852 members, 7,813,908 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:12 PM

Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) (39025 Views)

President Buhari Laughs As Masked Osinbajo Meets Him For Briefing (Photos) / VP Osinbajo Meets Nigeria’s Oldest Surviving Soldier In Lagos (photo) / Aisha Buhari On A Yacht In Turkey With Wives Of Other Leaders (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by BerryAnny(m): 10:44am On Jun 15, 2017
[quote author=vicdom post=57519943]For those thinking of 2nd civil war and prospects of seizing Igbo properties;*
Biafra will come just like every other peaceful breakaway.
The fact is that majority Nigerians misconceive what secession entails and are thus paranoid about it, is their cup of tea.

The Igbos trooping up north on daily basis to live or trade doesn't stop Igbos from having their own country, United Kingdom created 4 separate home nations and yet, england is main home to Scottish, Welsh and Irish businesses.

The Igbos owning may be 70 % of homes, estates, plazas and hotels in lagos and abuja doesn't stop Igbos from owning their own country.

After all, Jews own America and come to Israel on visa and yet they're proudly Israelis.

The Igbos will still sell in Kano, lagos, abuja etc markets as foreigners with their Biafran embassy issuing them passpo
Dream on my brother dream on buh don't bedwet.
Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by Dahmannie: 10:48am On Jun 15, 2017
Ride On.......Presidoo winkRide On.......Presidoo
Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by Nairabeezie(m): 10:52am On Jun 15, 2017
After calling that same Country "Zoogeria" and her citizens "Animals" You are mad.

vicdom:
For those thinking of 2nd civil war and prospects of seizing Igbo properties;*

Biafra will come just like every other peaceful breakaway. Aside those peaceful protesters being killed presently, there'll be no gun shot fired over Biafras second and successful coming.

The fact is that majority Nigerians misconceive what secession entails and are thus paranoid about it, is their cup of tea.

The Igbos trooping up north on daily basis to live or trade doesn't stop Igbos from having their own country, United Kingdom created 4 separate home nations and yet, england is main home to Scottish, Welsh and Irish businesses.

The Igbos owning may be 70 % of homes, estates, plazas and hotels in lagos and abuja doesn't stop Igbos from owning their own country.

After all, Jews own America and come to Israel on visa and yet they're proudly Israelis.

The Igbos will still sell in Kano, lagos, abuja etc markets as foreigners with their Biafran embassy issuing them passports, better dignity & international standard protections just like Lebanese, Chinese etc that operate here.

The process of secession in international laws has advanced, and is no longer fight and acrimony like in 1967, so, my dear Fulani soldiers, stop spoiling for brutality and those waiting for abandoned property to seize, sorry to disappoint, but that ain't happening.
Igbos don't even need political leaders to guide them to Biafra. It is a movement and as such it is the masses that decide.

Check the process of the failed Scotland bid and the recent successful break up of nations across the world. They're masses driven.

Gordon Brown the former British PM, and all prominent Scottish politicians, celebrities and sportsmen all campaigned for Scotland not to secede, yet, they couldn't stop the plebiscite and Scotland nearly seceded, Britain conceded so much powers and autonomy to them, that Scotland has eaten it's cake and still has it. It is a country within a country.

Therefore Igbo prominent men and politicians will be no different and are not expected to fight for Biafra.
Modern secession is a vote thing, and the masses carry the vote in democracy, not wealthy individuals, so, those Aba protesting masses are the ones to decide, not coscharis & Rockview owners.

Biafra will eventually come, and it will bring with it, that illusive value and premium placed on the heads of poor Igbo traders in the north and other corners of nigeria.
This is because, they'll operate as expatriates with visas and a functional embassy of Biafra protecting them and taking up their grievances and forcing nigeria via international medium and laws to compensate adequately for their burnt goods or other infractions.

The Igbo federal civil servants, company and bank workers will transfer to the Biafran branches of same agencies, banks and firms and some logistics on pensions and savings will be worked out.

These things are orderly and the UN have perfected the art of dividing nations.

The Ijaw man fearing Igbo man taking his oil, should know that Igbos have oil & gas in four of their five states, plus coal etc. The Igbo will pay internationally determined prices to use wharfs that are close to them and buy oil & gas from their neighbors, so, fear not too much. Equally, under international maritime and aviation treaties, Biafrans must be allowed to use wharfs around them and pay the prices, unless the nation in question wants sanctions and pariah.
As most western nations have shown, it is not resources that make a country rich. As nigeria has also shown, abundance of resources don't make rich countries.

It is brain, grit, meritocracy, ingenuity and patriotism that advances a nation. The Niger deltans can yet join the movement rather than sit and doubt Noah while he builds the ark.
Anyways, the present arrangement the Niger delta has in nigeria is the worse arrangement for a resource rich area in any part of the world, and I authoritatively tell you this
Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by Mansongx(m): 11:26am On Jun 15, 2017
These people lack simple political arithmetic. I have not seen any possibility of an Igbo man becoming the president of this country in the near future.

Other tribes have totally lost confidence in Igbos. This is aside the aggression and the inherent hostility of the Igbos on others. The Igbos are themselves not united at all.
The Igbos should as a matter of urgency need to realize how harmful the recent agitation by IPOB is fast distancing them from political gameplay.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by olaoge(m): 12:24pm On Jun 15, 2017
Yorubas are coward?
Do you know that the major actors responsible for the
victory of the ill fated civil war were Yorubas (Ben Adekunle,
Obasanjo, Gen Adebayo, Awolowo etc)
Do you know that it was ONLY the yorubas that stood by
Ojukwu in his early days in exile despite being a
treasonable felony to do so.
Do you know that no Igbo leader, not even one, has the gut
to visit Ojukwu in exile within the first seven years. Only
Yoruba 'cowards' like Soyinka, Tai Solarin and co were braved
enough to visit and spend time with him in Abidjan.
Do you know that of all his contemporaries it was only the
Zik of Africa that ran abroad during the political turbulence
of late 60s.
Do you know that if Abiola was to be Igbo in the case of
June 12, they won't have gotten Obasanjo.
Do you know that despite the heroic welcome giving to
Ikemba upon his return from exile, the same people rejected
him from becoming a senator less than a year after?
Yorubas are not cowards.
We are compasionate deep thinkers who don't do things
precipitously and we see beyond tommorow.
We don't fight wars we can win with brains with hands.
We are warrior who use great ideas, intelligence and
strategies to fight war.
We can decide to lose a battle just to win a war.
We are the most sophisticated microcosm of the entity
called Nigeria.
We are the glue that bind Nigeria together.
We are Yorubas, omo to ni ran. The desendant of Oduduwa.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by toye440: 12:33pm On Jun 15, 2017
Cry babies: we r going o, we r going o
Arewa youth; oya u HV 3 months to do that.
Cry babies; em aboki u know na, no b so we want one Nigeria, en don't mind Nnamdi KANU we remain one Nigeria.
I use to think d Igbo ppl r smart not until KANU led them like ojukwu did, after leading them to their early graves he took off just to save himself alone, and in the case of kanu he went mute after d quit notice, wch proves they never learn. God give Igbo's sense their mumu don smell reach heaven.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by simplycarro: 12:46pm On Jun 15, 2017
toye440:
Cry babies: we r going o, we r going o
Arewa youth; oya u HV 3 months to do that.
Cry babies; em aboki u know na, no b so we want one Nigeria, en don't mind Nnamdi KANU we remain one Nigeria.
I use to think d Igbo ppl r smart not until KANU led them like ojukwu did, after leading them to their early graves he took off just to save himself alone, and in the case of kanu he went mute after d quit notice, wch proves they never learn. God give Igbo's sense their mumu don smell reach heaven.
cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by laudate: 1:38pm On Jun 15, 2017
Bede2u:
nigeria has diplomatic ties with somalia but wont have with biafra? The delusion belongs to u.
Really? shocked You will hold a gun to the heads of the Nigerian authorities to establish diplomatic ties with your so-called Biafra, right?
Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by ssuccess(m): 6:17pm On Jun 15, 2017
vicdom:
For those thinking of 2nd civil war and prospects of seizing Igbo properties;*

Biafra will come just like every other peaceful breakaway. Aside those peaceful protesters being killed presently, there'll be no gun shot fired over Biafras second and successful coming.

The Igbos will still sell in Kano, lagos, abuja etc markets as foreigners with their Biafran embassy issuing them passports, better dignity & international standard protections just like Lebanese, Chinese etc that operate here.

The process of secession in international laws has advanced, and is no longer fight and acrimony like in 1967, so, my dear Fulani soldiers, stop spoiling for brutality and those waiting for abandoned property to seize, sorry to disappoint, but that ain't happening.
Igbos don't even need political leaders to guide them to Biafra. It is a movement and as such it is the masses that decide.

Check the process of the failed Scotland bid and the recent successful break up of nations across the world. They're masses driven.

Gordon Brown the former British PM, and all prominent Scottish politicians, celebrities and sportsmen all campaigned for Scotland not to secede, yet, they couldn't stop the plebiscite and Scotland nearly seceded, Britain conceded so much powers and autonomy to them, that Scotland has eaten it's cake and still has it. It is a country within a country.

Therefore Igbo prominent men and politicians will be no different and are not expected to fight for Biafra.
Modern secession is a vote thing, and the masses carry the vote in democracy, not wealthy individuals, so, those Aba protesting masses are the ones to decide, not coscharis & Rockview owners.

Biafra will eventually come, and it will bring with it, that illusive value and premium placed on the heads of poor Igbo traders in the north and other corners of nigeria.
This is because, they'll operate as expatriates with visas and a functional embassy of Biafra protecting them and taking up their grievances and forcing nigeria via international medium and laws to compensate adequately for their burnt goods or other infractions.

The Igbo federal civil servants, company and bank workers will transfer to the Biafran branches of same agencies, banks and firms and some logistics on pensions and savings will be worked out.

These things are orderly and the UN have perfected the art of dividing nations.

The Ijaw man fearing Igbo man taking his oil, should know that Igbos have oil & gas in four of their five states, plus coal etc. The Igbo will pay internationally determined prices to use wharfs that are close to them and buy oil & gas from their neighbors, so, fear not too much. Equally, under international maritime and aviation treaties, Biafrans must be allowed to use wharfs around them and pay the prices, unless the nation in question wants sanctions and pariah.
As most western nations have shown, it is not resources that make a country rich. As nigeria has also shown, abundance of resources don't make rich countries.

It is brain, grit, meritocracy, ingenuity and patriotism that advances a nation. The Niger deltans can yet join the movement rather than sit and doubt Noah while he builds the ark.
Anyways, the present arrangement the Niger delta has in nigeria is the worse arrangement for a resource rich area in any part of the world, and I authoritatively tell you this

Bros, have you heard of Xenophobia?
So you think Ghanaians can come to the Political and Industrial Capital of Nigeria and own 70%, yet we won't say nothing? You must be kidding, or you must be a kid!
You think if Biafra secedes, Niger Delta would follow you? The same Niger Delta that Ojukwu rejected?

Why not let us find a way to heal the land, rather than destroy it!
Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by edudguy(m): 7:40pm On Jun 15, 2017
justman911:

I earlier said I would have nothing to do with this topic but your comment drew my attention. I am igbo, but I am not a dummy. Hear me clearly brother, we are biting more than we can chew. We complain repeatedly of marginalization under the current Nigerian arrangement but we are so selfish to the point that no one wants to bury his ambition for the other. Atiku, Kwankwaso and their likes shelved their ambitions and gladly threw their weight behind PMB to win the seat over to the north. Something the ibos would not do on a good day. Let's be factual here, nothing stops an ibo man from campaigning, winning the presidential election and approving the construction of 10 seaports and 50 niger bridges. How many times have your senators, representatives and ministers pleaded on your behalf until recently? When GEJ your half brother was there appointing Easterners up and down what did the Ibos achieve? Why did we not build all our roads and bridges then? and why didn't we push for our referendum then? if we remain blind to these things, we may just have another case of South Sudan on our hands.
Besides we don't have a leader. Nnamdi Kanu is far from leadership or what it entails. Having people bow to him, forming Ibo jew to get Israel's attention, and calling other human beings derogatory names to drive home a point is far from leadership. Call him a ruler and I will lend you my left ear but that dude is far from a leader.

Sentiments aside, think about it nwanne.
God you made a very good point. Our great Ojukwu contested for election how many of us voted for him? I school in Anambra and I know what I see. An Abakaliki man does not like an Anambra man. An Anambra man sees a man from Abakiliki as inferior. He won't even allow him to lead him. Let us take a practical example of the crisis rocking Ahiara diocese today. Just because the Bishop is not from Imo state but from Anambra state he won't be their Bishop. Catholic Church o. My Church. A church that is considered holy now imagine politics that is a do or die affair. I have nothing against Biafra but I know that we are very selfish. South Sudan will be considered heaven because I know our character

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by lexy2014: 10:06pm On Jun 15, 2017
TheCabal:

If you ask her .. she will tell you she graduated with first class from uni.

Just bribing and ban|ging their way through school... common logical deducation .. if a = 1, 1 = a ; they can't do

Abeg I don tire...
I tire pass u bros
Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by justman911(m): 8:56am On Jun 16, 2017
Stanley26:

U have nothing else to say rather than rain insult which is the way of ipob youths in approaching critics,
u can't force a criminal on me as my leader
a bum onye Igbo oooo stop being sentimental ,let me throw to u some questions if u can give me a satisfactory answer then I ll join nnamdi KANU in his quest
1)y was his agitation mild durning Good luck's tenure?
2)who re his sponsors? of course he HV some
3)if Biafra is to come what is to be used to sustain Biafra? just in Anambra state I know how much each shop pay as an avenue to generate IGR despite receiving federal allocation
4)what system of government ll be practiced? all I see is toutocracy where by intimidation of the masses by the touts who re in Ipob ,those in Anambra state can testify that we experience this daily
5)re u ready to face the religious war that ll surface in Biafra? Note that nnamdi KANU is trying to impose Judaism on Biafra.............

Sir am not against dividing our country but nothing is set for such

My brother you have finished talk jare..
I hope his answers are not worse than what i'm expecting.
Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by Stanley26(m): 4:42pm On Jun 16, 2017
[quote author=justman911 post=57564879]
My brother you have finished talk jare.. I hope his answers are not worse than what i'm expecting. [

he probably don't have the right answers
Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by Naijiant: 5:47pm On Jun 16, 2017
Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by PHILipu1(m): 4:52pm On Jun 22, 2017
PedroJP:

We are not barbaarians like your people. We are way too civilised to descend to that level. If Nigeria has been constituted by just Igbos from the very beginning, there wouldn't have been civil war recorded in our history.

Fact is, as civil and ideal patriotic citizens, we will make compromise where necessary.

Compromise that you guys couldn't do when Obasanjo really wanted to create another state for the south-east to make it six like other zones?

Every Igbo political leader then drew their own map and put their village as the state capital of that new state and that was why Obasanjo abandon the creation of that state then because your people couldn't put their head together then.

And from what we are seeing,you really think that Nwazurike will work with Kanu or Kanu will work with him when you have your republic,it's just like the same scenario that we had in south-sudan then and they all said the same thing you just wrote now when they were fighting for independence.
And today we know that the president and vice have tear that country into pieces.

Or is not the Igbos that will call Ebonyi people second class Igbos that you are talking about?

Stop this your day dreaming and face life in this Nigeria because the international community will never support you guys because south-sudan has taught them a big lesson.
Re: Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) by PHILipu1(m): 5:07pm On Jun 22, 2017
PedroJP:

We are not barbaarians like your people. We are way too civilised to descend to that level. If Nigeria has been constituted by just Igbos from the very beginning, there wouldn't have been civil war recorded in our history.

Fact is, as civil and ideal patriotic citizens, we will make compromise where necessary.

But you guys couldn't compromise when Obasanjo wanted to create one more state for the south-east to have six states like every other zones.

Every south-east political leader then drew his or her own map and put their village as the new state capital and that was why Obasanjo abandon that project because your people couldn't put their heads together or are you also talking of the Igbos that take Abakiliki people as second class igbo?

Stop this day dreaming,face your life here and hustle because we will all grow old and die in this Nigeria with out that your imaginary Biafra coming to be.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tinubu Lands In Imo For Meeting With The Private Sector (Photos) / Governor Idris Wada Involved In Car Accident / Cars Destroyed After PDP And APC Supporters Clashed In Kaduna (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.