Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,196 members, 7,818,655 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

Are Men More Faithful Than Women? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are Men More Faithful Than Women? (7331 Views)

Are Ghanaian Men More Endowed Than Nigerians? / Please If My Gf Traveled To Ph And Slept With Other Men More Than 2... / Are White Women More Faithful Than Black Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Men More Faithful Than Women? by Truequest(m): 10:58am On Jan 23, 2010
You may likely buy this too like I used to as well until I saw something someday!

Back in Abidjan, Ivory Coast, I’ve got a taxi driver friend who sometimes lends me his cab whenever I wish to get around town in search of story ideas.

One Saturday evening, as I cruised down the boulevard hunting for passengers, a young light-skinned lady in her late twenties hailed me. Standing to her right was her husband, I could guess from their intimate glances and the identical rings on their ring fingers. My guess was confirmed when he said:

“Driver, safely take my wife to the bus station. She’s travelling to the village, okay?”

“No problems sir, it’s my job,” I said and alighted to throw her luggage in the boot while they clung to each other kissing goodbye.

Halfway towards the bus station, my passenger surprisingly warned from behind, “Driver, please change your route, I’ve got somebody to check at Miezan Motel.”

I complied; after all I was just a taxi driver.

When we pulled up in the parking area of Mieza Motel, a tall, dark-skinned and brawny man in his early thirties emerged from the lobby and strode across to us, his face wearing a chirpy smile.

He walked round to my side and asked, “How much is the fare driver?”

I swallowed hard before I could answer. He paid me, unloaded the boot and opened for my passenger to step down.

As I reversed, I sighted them locked in each other’s arms kissing ravenously. A first-time kiss or a long-time one? I couldn’t guess!

Driving away, two ideas warred in my soul. The first wanted me going back to where I’d picked her and reporting to her husband. The other warned me not to put asunder what I didn’t put together. The former dominated.

As I swung my cab to a halt at the kerb where the original couple was standing, another taxi pulled up so closely in front, from which an olive-skinned and freshly looking teenage girl stepped out. She was wearing a kneel-length silk blouse, tight around her sultry shape. As she stood by the cab holding a tiny silver-plated purse that matched with her high-heeled sandals, I could smell her erotic perfume from my end.

The husband to my earlier passenger burst out of the house and scurried to meet her. They hugged, kissed lightly before he proceeded to pay the taxi fare. He took the hand of his visitor, kissed her lips again and led her inside the house and closed the door.

All this while, I sat behind my steering wheel, watching and fidgeting. Coming to tell a man his wife was somewhere about to cheat him, he himself was about doing same. What a world!

I kicked and zoomed off shaking my head lamentably and trying to choose the right words with which to tell my friends how I witnessed firsthand a 1:1 draw in the game of infidelity.

And you, have you witnessed anything to add to mine? Kindly leave a comment.
Re: Are Men More Faithful Than Women? by Nobody: 11:19am On Jan 23, 2010
the cheating game is fun grin

U think you are smart but the other person is even smarter
Re: Are Men More Faithful Than Women? by Truequest(m): 11:26am On Jan 23, 2010
MrPrsdent:

the cheating game is fun grin

U think you are smart but the other person is even smarter

I'll rather say it is sinful, Man stick to ya wife, Woman stick to your husband. That's what God want!
Re: Are Men More Faithful Than Women? by neily(f): 11:29am On Jan 23, 2010
Nornally guys are more infidel than girls. The number of married men who go out chasing young girls increases each day.
Re: Are Men More Faithful Than Women? by Nobody: 11:31am On Jan 23, 2010
Truequest:

I'll rather say it is sinful, Man stick to ya wife, Woman stick to your husband. That's what God want!

for where? grin
Re: Are Men More Faithful Than Women? by otokx(m): 11:40am On Jan 23, 2010
Married women are more faithful than married men in my opinion but when it comes to before then - i don't know.
Re: Are Men More Faithful Than Women? by Nobody: 11:55am On Jan 23, 2010
otokx:

Married women are more faithful than married men in my opinion but when it comes to before then - i don't know.

before then,its the other way round
Re: Are Men More Faithful Than Women? by Goddex: 12:16pm On Jan 23, 2010
@Poster
nice one
Re: Are Men More Faithful Than Women? by Flashfast1: 1:28pm On Jan 23, 2010
hmmmm
super story
Re: Are Men More Faithful Than Women? by Spyker: 1:37pm On Jan 23, 2010
MrPrsdent:

before then,its the other way round

Just my thought
Re: Are Men More Faithful Than Women? by SmashingM(f): 3:37pm On Jan 23, 2010
In some cases men or women are more faithful while in some cases none are faithful.
Re: Are Men More Faithful Than Women? by idifu(m): 3:48pm On Jan 23, 2010
i dont know
Re: Are Men More Faithful Than Women? by mddude(m): 4:11pm On Jan 23, 2010
Every man and woman is as faithful as his/her option says Chris Rock. I have few married women friend that live in Nigeria and I get to talk to them once in a while. My conclusion is that if the society is a little bit open for them to cheat, they will cheat too like the men.
Re: Are Men More Faithful Than Women? by koolchicco: 4:59pm On Jan 23, 2010
@Topic

Yes they are far more faithful than Women!
Re: Are Men More Faithful Than Women? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jan 23, 2010
Greatest joke of the year. Maybe you should have seen my former Uni, with Married men running after young girls even with the ring on their fingers. Tragic.
Re: Are Men More Faithful Than Women? by nich(m): 5:29pm On Jan 23, 2010
@ topic,

God would be the judge of that!
Re: Are Men More Faithful Than Women? by MsTom(f): 5:31pm On Jan 23, 2010
I would say married women can be more faithful than married men.
Re: Are Men More Faithful Than Women? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jan 23, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

Greatest joke of the year. Maybe you should have seen my former Uni, with Married men running after young girls even with the ring on their fingers. Tragic.

hmmm. that Uni must be unique in that respect then,i suppose!
Re: Are Men More Faithful Than Women? by kushe: 5:56pm On Jan 23, 2010
a cheating wife in nigeria has already signed her divorce papers cry

however a cheating husband will cheat,get caught,blame it on the alcohol,lack of wifey's attention to her looks and his needs,the tummy that neeeds tucking,wifey's incessant nagging etc.he will apologise after all hell has been let loose plus a myrriad family and friends' intervention.

but guess what, he will do it all over again grin grin grin
Re: Are Men More Faithful Than Women? by Moyola(f): 5:58pm On Jan 23, 2010
What has faithfulness got to do wiv being male/female?!
Re: Are Men More Faithful Than Women? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jan 23, 2010
a lot of oyibo men are.
Re: Are Men More Faithful Than Women? by koolchicco: 6:15pm On Jan 23, 2010
Why not just say "a lot of MEN are" and remove the 'Oyibo'?

Segregation? undecided
Re: Are Men More Faithful Than Women? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jan 23, 2010
kushe:

however a cheating husband will cheat,get caught,blame it on the alcohol,lack of wifey's attention to her looks and his needs,the tummy that neeeds tucking,wifey's incessant nagging etc.he will apologise after all hell has been let loose plus a myrriad family and friends' intervention.

U damn right he will grin
Re: Are Men More Faithful Than Women? by cescjay(m): 6:25pm On Jan 23, 2010
@poster it all depends on the person not the gender,the difference is that some married men chase young girls like a male dog chase after a female dog openly and shameless while his wife secretly go after the young men. sad grin wink
Re: Are Men More Faithful Than Women? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jan 23, 2010
kushe:

Now aint that a biatch? Nigeria is very anti-women.

MrPrsdent:

hmmm. that Uni must be unique in that respect then,i suppose!

Its very common, they blame it on the weather undecided
Re: Are Men More Faithful Than Women? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jan 23, 2010
well, the statistics for faithful naija men might be a lot higher but for peer and family pressure.

But for these factors, which actively encourage "playing the field" regardless of relationship status, more men would be ok with their partners.

However, there's enormous pressure from all sides on Naija men in particular, for them to not stay faithful to their partners. Faithfulness is seen as a negative, not a positive.

so the culture doesnt really support such a notion. Women are the ones supposed to quietly endure the man's roving eye while maintaining their own chastity ( ie no sex outside marriage/engagement/relationship), while the man is free to sow his oats.
Re: Are Men More Faithful Than Women? by chic2pimp(m): 6:29pm On Jan 23, 2010
@ poster

I have no doubt in mind, Men are definitely more faithful than Women. Women are just better @ hiding it. That's all.
Re: Are Men More Faithful Than Women? by koolchicco: 6:38pm On Jan 23, 2010
^^True dat!
Re: Are Men More Faithful Than Women? by na2day2(m): 7:52pm On Jan 23, 2010
tpia.:

well, the statistics for faithful naija men might be a lot higher but for peer and family pressure.

But for these factors, which actively encourage "playing the field" regardless of relationship status, more men would be ok with their partners.

However, there's enormous pressure from all sides on Naija men in particular, for them to not stay faithful to their partners. Faithfulness is seen as a negative, not a positive.

so the culture doesnt really support such a notion. Women are the ones supposed to quietly endure the man's roving eye while maintaining their own chastity ( ie no sex outside marriage/engagement/relationship), while the man is free to sow his oats.

that is what i have been saying, it is our birth right grin grin grin
Re: Are Men More Faithful Than Women? by tmubee(m): 8:18pm On Jan 23, 2010
The question is: Are men competing with women over faithfulness? Men are men! Women are women!! Let's leave it like that.
Re: Are Men More Faithful Than Women? by Soulstarr(m): 8:34pm On Jan 23, 2010
it's no contest, men (@ least 9ja 1's) r farrrrrrr more unfaithful.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dinner With Me Or 1 Million Dollars Cash” As Ada Jesus Post Nudes On Instagram / South African Controversial Dancer, Zodwa Wabantu Shares More Pantless Photos / Lady Damages Her Private Part During A Pool Party (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.