Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,380 members, 7,812,109 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:27 AM

Why Is The Us Military Occupying Four Airports In Haiti? - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Why Is The Us Military Occupying Four Airports In Haiti? (5349 Views)

Haiti Joins African Union / Yellowpepper Strikes Gold In Haiti- Igbodefender.com / Support The Relief Efforts In Haiti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is The Us Military Occupying Four Airports In Haiti? by NegroNtns(m): 3:17am On Jan 28, 2010
. . .oh, sshhhhh, sshhh. .you will be labeled conspiracy theorist for analyzing American bad behavior.

Clinton took the sole cash crop. . .their livelihood and opened it up to free trade competition with subsidies for chiquita. Its like a refree telling Mike Tyson its illegal to use perfomance enhancement drug before a fight and then turn his back away from Hollyfield's corner so he wouldn't witess him injected with a dosage of enhancement mix. That's worse than unfair or injustice. . .that's deliberate interference aimed at harming and destroying the opponent.
Re: Why Is The Us Military Occupying Four Airports In Haiti? by Horus(m): 12:13pm On Jan 29, 2010
[size=19pt]Haiti have larger oil reserves than Venezuela[/size]

Amidst the utter devastation left in the wake of the earthquake that rocked Haiti on January 12th, new findings indicate the existence of 3 million barrels of oil in a shallow formation offshore the island.

The Greater Antilles, which includes Cuba, Haiti, the Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico and their offshore waters, probably hold at least 142 million barrels of oil and 159 billion cubic feet of gas, according to a 2000 report by the US Geological Survey. Undiscovered amounts may be as high as 941 million barrels of oil and 1.2 trillion cubic feet of gas, according to the report.

Among nations in the northern Caribbean, Cuba and Jamaica have awarded offshore leases for oil and gas development. Trinidad & Tobago, South American islands off the coast of Venezuela, account for most Caribbean oil production, according to the US Energy Department.

According to French scientist Daniel Mathurin, “The Central Plateau, including the region of Thomond, the plain of the cul-de-sac and the bay of Port-au-Prince are filled with oil”. He added that “Haiti's oil reserves are larger than those of Venezuela . An Olympic pool compared to a glass of water that is the comparison to show the importance of oil Haitian compared to those of Venezuela.”

Read More: http://www.worldoil.com/Haiti_could_have_larger_oil_reserves_than_Venezuela.html?LS=EMS358482
Re: Why Is The Us Military Occupying Four Airports In Haiti? by SamMilla1(m): 12:20pm On Jan 29, 2010
America saw that long ago Horus. We are aware, the more reason why we are asking questions about the Earthquake.
Not like we are sure.
Their History shows they use excessive evil forces to obtain whatever they want from minor countries.
They hate venezuela cos they cant just invade them now.
And some idiots think Chavez is psycho,

Why is it that the CNN and co paint all the presidents that doesnt allow united states to take over as bad people ?

Ahmadinejad
Chavez
Mugabe
Ghadafi
Castro

They say all this people are communists.

The biggest Communists Nation is the Chinese and America Rushes there to borrow money all the time because they cant do without them.
Then they come back and use the money to finish of Cuba.

Is this not clearly written for some people to see that they are taking over gradually ?
Re: Why Is The Us Military Occupying Four Airports In Haiti? by TayoD1(m): 1:40am On Jan 30, 2010
Sam Milla:

Not like we are sure.
Looks like your medication is finally kicking in grin! Until now, you had lost touch with reality!
Re: Why Is The Us Military Occupying Four Airports In Haiti? by ElRazur: 10:55am On Jan 30, 2010
I think it is time to write a Sticky post on how to debate. With emphasis on presenting facts instead of Jargons, wild theories and phony points. In fact, I will propose any thread based on the aforementioned point should be perhaps locked and such member banned from making another thread for a long time. smiley
Re: Why Is The Us Military Occupying Four Airports In Haiti? by NegroNtns(m): 1:10pm On Jan 30, 2010
Razur, is that how you want to treat opposing views. . .censor their voice and lock them out of the community?

isn't that abuse of power and a part of what we don't like about Nigerian leaders?
Re: Why Is The Us Military Occupying Four Airports In Haiti? by ElRazur: 1:20pm On Jan 30, 2010
Negro_Ntns:

Razur, is that how you want to treat opposing views. . .censor their voice and lock them out of the community?

isn't that abuse of power and a part of what we don't like about Nigerian leaders?

Again you have managed to by-pass the basics of what am saying. My point is debate [Especially one with claims like the one presented in this thread] should be based on facts. Facts can be opposing sometimes, but not the kind of "Facts" you and sam present.

In other words, throughout the whole drama - won't even dignify it with the word Debate - You and Sam are yet to give any facts as to how you arrive at your views etc. And when this is pointed out, you guys result to personal attacks. Seriously, how is that helping the quality of debates around here?

My post was never calling for censorship, but merely calling for people to learn the basics and art of debating. Jeez.

If you noticed, I have kept away after a few post back, I just get tired of going round in circles etc. It do not mean I do not know how to debate or you have "superior intelligence" like you will like to think, but that I am just tired of the bickering and drama going on. Period.
Re: Why Is The Us Military Occupying Four Airports In Haiti? by NegroNtns(m): 1:58pm On Jan 30, 2010
What do you call facts? You guys are bringing us reports and materials generated by US Geological Survey. . .maps and numbers and models, and you call them facts. Whose facts?
Re: Why Is The Us Military Occupying Four Airports In Haiti? by ElRazur: 2:13pm On Jan 30, 2010
Negro_Ntns:

What do you call facts? You guys are bringing us reports and materials generated by US Geological Survey. . .maps and numbers and models, and you call them facts. Whose facts?

Which are regulated by international laws and regulations. No?

Which are monitored by several international stations. . . No?

Which are used as part of materials used world wide by all forms of allegiance No?

Which are run and maintained by people whose first love is Science, the betterment of mankind second and perhaps Politics least of their worries? No?

Okay.

On the other hands, you facts are from where? Live leaks? Conspiracy sites? Russian politicians who clearly are "non biased" towards the US. etc? Yeah I see you make a very convincing case.
Re: Why Is The Us Military Occupying Four Airports In Haiti? by SamMilla1(m): 3:06pm On Jan 30, 2010
ElRazur

I am trying to ignore your posts here because you dont make any sense. You just tag along with ideas on who should be on nairaland and who should not be.
What do you call debate ? What are debating here ?
United States is on Haiti's List of Country of Interest based on their History with The Island.
Apparently You dont know that.
I dont see United States Rushing with 15000 armed marines if such a thing {God Forbid} Happens in China or Russia.
Wasnt it you who said United states sent 15000 to catch escaped criminals in Haiti ?
That alone was enough reason to Ignore your posts because you know nothing about United States.
You know nothing about United States Intentions to own the entire Western Hemisphere
I also dont see Iran Rushing to United States or Israel with Marines to help them out.

The US has worked for centuries to break Haiti. The US has used Haiti like a plantation. The US helped bleed the country economically since it freed itself, repeatedly invaded the country militarily, supported dictators who abused the people, used the country as a dumping ground for our own economic advantage, ruined their roads and agriculture, and toppled popularly elected officials. The US has even used Haiti like the old plantation owner and slipped over there repeatedly for sexual recreation.,
That was from the very mouth of Collin Powell. Does the name ring a bell ?
Some of them have dignity You know.
If someone who did something like that to you rushes to help you, I wonder if you will think twice in accepting the help or just welcome him with open arms.

here if the link if you need facts like you said
http://www.commondreams.org/view/2010/01/17-6.
You can pick some keywords and search.
Re: Why Is The Us Military Occupying Four Airports In Haiti? by ElRazur: 3:15pm On Jan 30, 2010
What exactly is your point? It may be best to ignore me if you cannot debate without a clear head. smiley

I suppose you ignore those who have a different view from you? And embrace those with "enlightened mind" like Negro_Ntns? Very funny.
Re: Why Is The Us Military Occupying Four Airports In Haiti? by SamMilla1(m): 3:22pm On Jan 30, 2010
ElRazur:

What exactly is your point? It may be best to ignore me if you cannot debate without a clear head. smiley

I suppose you ignore those who have a different view from you? And embrace those with "enlightened mind" like Negro_Ntns? Very funny.

Yes Exactly. Because if you want to debate on a matter, you need to know the history of that matter.
So far so good, Debosky is presenting his debate by analysizing the matter at hand.
Negro is presenting his debate with points no sane human being can overlook or ignore.
What have you said here that make sense ?

You came from a beer palour to tell us that US sent 15000 Marines to catch escaped Criminals.
That qualifies you as a crazy person with access to computer.
Re: Why Is The Us Military Occupying Four Airports In Haiti? by ElRazur: 3:31pm On Jan 30, 2010
Sam Milla:

Yes Exactly. Because if you want to debate on a matter, you need to know the history of that matter.
So far so good, Debosky is presenting his debate by analysizing the matter at hand.
Negro is presenting his debate with points no sane human being can overlook or ignore.
What have you said here that make sense ?

You came from a beer palour to tell us that US sent 15000 Marines to catch escaped Criminals.
That qualifies you as a crazy person with access to computer.

Again what is your point?

You clearly have taken my points out of context. Please explain to me what your point is exactly. You have accused Debo of big english, so I am suprised it took you long to find a fault in me. Anyway ignoring your rants, seriously, what is your point? I have said a few things. Which one did you not understand?

For the record, please quote the post you are talking about and check the reply that prompted me to make the post. Remember, debate is meant to be based on facts, not just wild assumptions and personal attacks.
Re: Why Is The Us Military Occupying Four Airports In Haiti? by SamMilla1(m): 3:55pm On Jan 30, 2010
Oh please, the notorious criminals that were in jail have escaped - over 4000 of them - they even killed the guards in the process.

Lawlessness is starting to take hold.

Logistics needed sorting.

The french have a long history with haiti and their moan is nothing but political.

I suppose given the above and other reasons - cant be bothered listing all - it makes sense to have places like airports, ports etc secured

That was your reason for US to send thousands of armed marines.
Its on the first page here.
Apparently you are just trying to fix yourself where you dont belong.
i m not interested in any debate with you. thats my point since you really wanna know.

If you feel you have won, its ok with me.
Re: Why Is The Us Military Occupying Four Airports In Haiti? by NegroNtns(m): 4:13pm On Jan 30, 2010
Which are regulated by international laws and regulations. No? 

Which are monitored by several international stations.  .   .  No? 

Which are used as part of materials used world wide by all forms of allegiance No?

Which are run and maintained by people whose first love is Science, the betterment of mankind second and perhaps Politics least of their worries? No? 

Okay.

On the other hands, you facts are from where? Live leaks? Conspiracy sites? Russian politicians who clearly are "non biased" towards the US. etc? Yeah I see you make a very convincing case.

Wow!  That's a mouthful!  Now, let me give you an earful. . .or properly put, "an eyeful"!

The CRU in East Anglia, is exactly in the list of authoritative bodies that you listed and they have reports, charts, data output. . .all kind of things you want to know about climate.  Not that their menton is related to the topic. . .but I bring this up because its relevant to the issue of authority and credibility.  We recently learnt that certain scientists on climate research were cooking numbers to influence policy.  People like you worship these bodies and take their output as the final say. . .anybody countering their report is labelled as a theorist and a liar.  If that body had not been exposed their shenanigans on climate change would have been bought wholesale in Copenhagen.  

There are many like that not yet exposed.  I wonder if people like yourself ever read disclaimers before you consume what you wrongly called facts.  Even USGS is distancing itself from ownership and responsibility of what you call facts.  Read on. . .

On earthquake research and reporting, USGS (US geological Survey) is a authority, particularly in this hemisphere.  So if anyone needed facts on Haiti quake, your one stop is the USGS. They also serve as clearinghouse for other research bodies as well as academia.  

I want to share with you what the USGS has said about the reports on its site.  

1. Felt Reports
Severe damage and casualties in the Port-au-Prince area. Felt throughout Haiti and the Dominican Republic, in Turks and Caicos Islands, southeastern Cuba, eastern Jamaica, in parts of Puerto Rico and the Bahamas, and as far as Tampa, Florida and Caracas, Venezuela.

2.  DYFI (Did You Feel It) Disclaimer

Some USGS information accessed through this page may be preliminary in nature and presented prior to final review and approval by the Director of the USGS.

This information is provided with the understanding that it is not guaranteed to be correct or complete, and conclusions drawn from such information are the sole responsibility of the user.

These are automatic computer generated maps and have not necessarily been checked by human oversight, so they may contain errors.

Further, the input data for these maps are taken directly from the community of Internet users.

While we make efforts to sort out unusual individual observations, the “net” product may still contain errors.

These maps are preliminary in nature and they will be updated frequently as data is supplemented by additional observations. It is important to reload your browser to see the update.

Locations within the same intensity area will not necessarily experience the same level of damage since damage depends heavily on the type of structure, the nature of the construction, and the details of the ground motion at that site, whereas a CIIM intensity value is intended to represent an average value for an entire ZIP code region.

For this reason more or less damage than described in the intensity scale may occur.

Intensities assigned by Internet users alone are not official USGS Modified Mercalli Intensities. While calibrated to agree with the USGS MMI in some average sense, they should not be considered equivalent to the USGS MMI.

Intensities reaching the damaging range (VI or higher) can only be considered reliable and authoritative if validated by the designated representative of the U.S. Geological Survey.

This is not the case for these Internet user-based maps.

At present, the procedure for preparing the CIIM is new and experimental. Some aspects of the procedure may change in the future.

Is this how facts should be owned? by researching authorities, . . .in a hands off appproach. . ."you are on your own" kind of way?
Re: Why Is The Us Military Occupying Four Airports In Haiti? by ElRazur: 6:21pm On Jan 30, 2010
Sam Milla:

That was your reason for US to send thousands of armed marines.
Its on the first page here.
Apparently you are just trying to fix yourself where you dont belong.
i m not interested in any debate with you. thats my point since you really wanna know.

If you feel you have won, its ok with me.

You really are just full of it. That was ONE of many reasons. Not just the only reason. Hence why I asked you look at the post that prompted me to post that.

We you have over a million people descending to lawlessness, do you think about 15 thousands troops are enough? Bear in mind not all of these 15k will be at the fore front i,e carrying guns. Some will be there for support role etc.

When you have a nation crippled - Yes a nation - by natural disaster, please explain to me as to how 15k is enough?

When yo have massive logistic issues, especially in a disaster zone that have left a lot of people needy, how the heck do you think 15k of troops are enough?

Please you do not have to debate with me. It is a public forum. Whatever post I make either quoting you or not quoting you, feel free to ignore them. smiley
Re: Why Is The Us Military Occupying Four Airports In Haiti? by ElRazur: 6:42pm On Jan 30, 2010
@Negro_Ntns. What is your point? Making lengthy irrelevant post do not by pass the questioned posed at you. Let us cut the chase again and tell me exactly your point.

The CRU in East Anglia, is exactly in the list of authoritative bodies that you listed and they have reports, charts, data output. . .all kind of things you want to know about climate. Not that their menton is related to the topic. . .but I bring this up because its relevant to the issue of authority and credibility. We recently learnt that certain scientists on climate research were cooking numbers to influence policy. People like you worship these bodies and take their output as the final say. . .anybody countering their report is labelled as a theorist and a liar. If that body had not been exposed their shenanigans on climate change would have been bought wholesale in Copenhagen.

Your point is? If you are quick to suggest data can be fixed, I suppose your "sources" are free from such liabilities? Please engage logic before you dive into unnecessary rants. It gets tiring.

There are many like that not yet exposed. I wonder if people like yourself ever read disclaimers before you consume what you wrongly called facts. Even USGS is distancing itself from ownership and responsibility of what you call facts.

Real facts should not come with a disclaimer.For example 1+1 = 2 is a universal fact and It do not come with a disclaimer. Are you even aware of what you are talking about? You seriously, should look at what you are saying again. Here is a definition of "Fact" as found in the Oxford dictionary:
"fact

• noun 1 a thing that is indisputably the case. 2 (facts) information used as evidence or as part of a report.

I am more interested in the 1. definition. Please explain to me as to how FACT and having Disclaimer makes it a fact?

Here is a definition of Disclaimer:

A disclaimer is a statement in which a person says that they did not know about something or that they are not responsible for something. N-COUNT formal
o
The disclaimer asserts that the company won't be held responsible for any inaccuracies.

So please explain to me how Facts will come with disclaimer? Again only a conspiracy theorist or to put it bluntly, someone who talks shi.t will put together such idiocy.

Seriously, what is your point?
Re: Why Is The Us Military Occupying Four Airports In Haiti? by TayoD1(m): 7:11pm On Jan 30, 2010
@ElRazur,

You get time o. How do you intend to convince people who have substituted their conjectures for truth as to the fallacy of their position?

You have Sam Milla admitting that he is not sure as to the veracity of what he is saying and yet continues to argue with anyone who shows him the stupidity of his logic. Most disturbing is the fact that they think themselves to be intelligent just because they can write up some fiction. You live in the world of reality. Leave these folks alone in their Avatar land.
Re: Why Is The Us Military Occupying Four Airports In Haiti? by ElRazur: 7:21pm On Jan 30, 2010
Lol. I quite like Negro_Ntns. But dunno what happened to him.

Sam milla, while I think he is okay as a person, his views on some of the issues here are just plain stupid.

I have no problem if anyone wants to claim superior intelligence, but at least let your post do so i.e debate logically etc. Anyway, I am sure they will both come out with something worth replying to at some point. Lol.
Re: Why Is The Us Military Occupying Four Airports In Haiti? by TayoD1(m): 7:32pm On Jan 30, 2010
@ElRazur,

I do understand your point. However, it gets really tiring when the two can't simply separate facts from fiction. To think you get accused of lack of intelligence just because you try to point this out.

At this point, I just think I am done with trying. If they feel good with the notion that they are blessed with more intelligence than others, let them knock themselves out.
Re: Why Is The Us Military Occupying Four Airports In Haiti? by NegroNtns(m): 7:35pm On Jan 30, 2010
Razur,  u are confused.  Your confusion is so bad that you are dribbling around in the mire of your own position. . .

you argued in favor of fact, then flipped over and argued against it! You argued against disclaimer, then flopped backward and argued in favor of it!  GOod luck!

Whichone of you dummies was arguing the issue of whether or not national guard need minimum of a year notice to go on tour?
Razur was it you or Tayo?  

Whichever dum-dum it was,. . .what did you find with the keyword inquiry?
Re: Why Is The Us Military Occupying Four Airports In Haiti? by ElRazur: 7:44pm On Jan 30, 2010
Negro_Ntns:

Razur,  u are confused.  Your confusion is so bad that you are dribbling around in the mire of your own position. . .

you argued in favor of fact, then flipped over and argued against it! You argued against disclaimer, then flopped backward and argued in favor of it!  GOod luck!

You know. Here is how to provide the proof.

1. Read and understand what am saying, then quote my post.

2. Dissect my post. Leave emotions aside.

3. Add your post to highlight the point you have suggested - Like I did to yours.

4. Add any other relevant material or link to back up what you are saying if necessary.

5. Repeat for each section of my post that is needed.

That way we get to see these claims of yours.

Once again you result to personal attack. How thick in the head do you have to be to understand how to debate?

Here before we go off track.[b] Please explain to me what is FACT. And how come your facts appears to come with disclaimer. [/b]Maybe it is a new concept I am not aware of. You see, unlike you, I do not mind learning something new. smiley

@Tayo D
You see why I just keep going? Seriously, do not underestimate the power of people's stupidity. It can be a fuel to keep going at times.
Re: Why Is The Us Military Occupying Four Airports In Haiti? by SamMilla1(m): 7:49pm On Jan 30, 2010
Elrazur, You keep mentioning Debate here over and over again ?

What are we debating ?
I can still read and this topic is asking why America is blocking all the airports in Haiti.
When did America exactly become Haiti's Best Friend ?
All along, we have been trying to make you and your Friend understand that United States are responsible for the fall of Haiti Economy.
We gave you facts, proof and more to let you know how it happened.

I honestly do not understand what you want.
If you are asking me to believe that US are in Haiti for good reasons just because CNN said so, the answer is NO.
You dont work for any US government agency. Therefore i also believe that you do not know why US is in Haiti.
If you are comfortable with US doing whatever they want wherever they want just like Iraq, I am not.
To believe without doubt is called Faith. Now i dont have any faith in United States Foreign Policy.
Millions of Americans also dont have Faith in their own F-Policy.

I quoted Collin Powell here about what he said about his Government's involvement in Haiti, and you said nothing.
You just bypassed it, made no mention of it and continued pointing fingers on me.
Dodging important and implicating points is not a way to debate.
A way to debate is not to tell which people should be posting here on your forum and who should not.
here comes powell again.
The US has worked for centuries to break Haiti. The US has used Haiti like a plantation. The US helped bleed the country economically since it freed itself, repeatedly invaded the country militarily, supported dictators who abused the people, used the country as a dumping ground for our own economic advantage, ruined their roads and agriculture, and toppled popularly elected officials. The US has even used Haiti like the old plantation owner and slipped over there repeatedly for sexual recreation.,

I want you to concentrate on it. Make somethings out of it and say something about it in your next post.
Ignore me and my fiction like your friend called it. Just once. Thank You.

@Tayo D.
Let me put this straight for you.
Not everything you see as fiction looks like Fiction to me.
Both of us cannot have the same list of things that are fiction to us.
Clearly your list is longer than mine. That could be because i am more exposed to reality than you.
I believe you are in the United States.
Good reason not to say anything against them because they will throw you back to Lagos if you do.
I am not there. I have been there more than 3 times but i dont live there.
I have been to over 20 countries including Puerto Rico which is a stone throw from Haiti.
If america say they can go to mars tomorrow, i wont consider it a fiction.
If America say they can cause flood in Lagos Tomorrow, I wont doubt it.

therefore if Russians say america can cause earthquake, i wont doubt it either.
I will prefer to leave that option open for my mind so that i can be able to ask questions and learn.
I will not conclude that they can or cant based on manufactured news.
Therefore you can start making sense by giving me good reasons why you think United states cannot cause Earthquake.

on the sideline, i will like you to understand that you are being excessively stupi.d and you wont learn anything by trying to go over your head.
Re: Why Is The Us Military Occupying Four Airports In Haiti? by TayoD1(m): 7:58pm On Jan 30, 2010
@Negro,

This is just getting very ridiculous.  Trying to divert attention again to the activation notice of the national guard? Based on experience and the way the Guard is set-up, I told you it takes about 12 months to deploy members of the National Guard overseas.  Up till now, you have not provided any proof to show otherwise.

Here's a blog spot for members of the National Guard discussing their deployment showing it consistent with my position.  Care to prove otherwise or you still choose to live in your head and not in reality? http://www.nationalguard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8295

From the Army Times http://www.armytimes.com/benefits/pay/hbgr08_activationdeployment_091508/:
A unit usually is put on alert before it is activated. Once on alert, activation can come within hours or days, but units often are alerted months before activation or deployment.
A provision of the 2008 Defense Authorization Act requires a minimum of 30 days’ advance notice, with a goal of 90 days’ advance notice, to a reserve component member called or ordered to active duty for more than 30 days in support of a contingency operation.

Are you still of the opinion that the NG would have landed in Haiti as fast as the Army?
Re: Why Is The Us Military Occupying Four Airports In Haiti? by TayoD1(m): 8:04pm On Jan 30, 2010
@Sam,

Here is what you said: "therefore if Russians say america can cause earthquake, i wont doubt it either."

Two sentences later, you said: I will not conclude that they can or cant based on manufactured news.

Can you see how confused you are?
Re: Why Is The Us Military Occupying Four Airports In Haiti? by SamMilla1(m): 8:09pm On Jan 30, 2010
1 . " i wont doubt it either' does not mean that i agree with it.

does that make sense.
i also said in the same post that i will leave that option open.
Re: Why Is The Us Military Occupying Four Airports In Haiti? by ElRazur: 8:18pm On Jan 30, 2010
Sam Milla:

Elrazur, You keep mentioning Debate here over and over again ?

What are we debating ?
I can still read and this topic is asking why America is blocking all the airports in Haiti.
When did America exactly become Haiti's Best Friend ?
All along, we have been trying to make you and your Friend understand that United States are responsible for the fall of Haiti Economy.
We gave you facts, proof and more to let you know how it happened.

Right. Since it appears the word "Debate" is baffling you. I have taken time to take the definition for you. That way, you won't accuse me of using big English. Here:

A debate is a discussion about a subject on which people have different views

Then it goes forward to say:

If people debate a topic, they discuss it fairly formally, putting forward different views.

Right, now that you know the definition, can you explain to me which one you have observed? Quite frankly none of it.  smiley

I honestly do not understand what you want.
To engage common sense?
To insult less and focus on the topic at hand?
To present facts and evidence to back up your claims?

Are those too much to ask for?

If you are asking me to believe that US are in Haiti for good reasons just because CNN said so, the answer is NO.
You dont work for any US government agency. Therefore i also believe that you do not know why US is in Haiti.
If you are comfortable with US doing whatever they want wherever they want just like Iraq, I am not.
To believe without doubt is called Faith. Now i dont have any faith in United States Foreign Policy.
Millions of Americans also dont have Faith in their own F-Policy.

What gives you the inclination that my views are based on what happens on CNN? You appear to have made an assumption and a very wrong one. But never mind, don't let me stop you.

I really do not get what you are harping about here. The US offered to help when Haiti is down crippled and almost out, and all you can think of is that the US is doing it for sinister reason? Will you be happy that the US do not help at all?  

It is fine to have your beliefs, but please do not force it on people, especially, when people won't buy your ideas. Haiti and Iraq are different settings, different circumstances and as such to mix both is just illogical and wrong.

Your lack of faith in the US foreign policy is not in anyway a proof that US is up to no good in Haiti. This is at best is Anecdotal evidence, nothing factual about it.

I quoted Collin Powell here about what he said about his Government's involvement in Haiti, and you said nothing.
You just bypassed it, made no mention of it and continued pointing fingers on me.

It appears you truly do not know what democracy means? Here, people are allowed to express their personal view and what not. Again, his personal view do not mean the US is up to anything sinister. No?

Dodging important and implicating points is not a way to debate

Now that you mentioned it, can you please deal with the quote below? I posted from the first thread, directed to you and Negro Ntns, but none of you is yet to give me an answer, so in spirit of fair play, can you counter the quote the below? grin

Negro nts and horus, you guys are full of non-sense, and that is me putting it lightly.

For reference purposes, the largest nuclear bomb ever used emited about 50MT and in comparison, the earthquake that have struck haiti about 100mt equavalent of energy over a period of 30s. This equals to about 1.3 billion gigawatts and to put things into perspective, there is no man-made energy source that is THAT powerful. The total power is almost 1000 times the combined power of every power station in the world. How the heck does that even add up  Huh in your theory Huh

Also the US site you guys made reference to [or chavez and youtube conspiracist mentioned] is almost some hundreds of miles away and only generate 3.6mv of energy. How the heck do they manage to generate such a massive amount of energy than all power stations in the world combined and then send to some country hundreds of miles away without doing any damage in the process of transfer ?  

Please counter the above? It was directed at you from almost 5 days or so ago. Let us see how you explain this one.

A way to debate is not to tell which people should be posting here on your forum and who should not.

Sir, you need to learn figure of speech.

here comes powell again.
I want you to concentrate on it. Make somethings out of it and say something about it in your next post.
Ignore me and my fiction like your friend called it. Just once. Thank You.

Do you mind supplying a link to the actual statement. For all I know, It may have been taken out of context, just like how you took my statement out of context to make a stupid point.  smiley
Re: Why Is The Us Military Occupying Four Airports In Haiti? by SamMilla1(m): 8:43pm On Jan 30, 2010
Collin Powell doesn't represent American Government. Understandable. That was his Personal view. Did i hear you well ?
what do you need the link for? You probably have a plan already in mind to discredit the site.
So whats the use ?

Negro nts and horus, you guys are full of non-sense, and that is me putting it lightly.

For reference purposes, the largest nuclear bomb ever used emited about 50MT and in comparison, the earthquake that have struck haiti about 100mt equavalent of energy over a period of 30s. This equals to about 1.3 billion gigawatts and to put things into perspective, there is no man-made energy source that is THAT powerful. The total power is almost 1000 times the combined power of every power station in the world. How the heck does that even add up  Huh in your theory Huh

Also the US site you guys made reference to [or chavez and youtube conspiracist mentioned] is almost some hundreds of miles away and only generate 3.6mv of energy. How the heck do they manage to generate such a massive amount of energy than all power stations in the world combined and then send to some country hundreds of miles away without doing any damage in the process of transfer ?   
You missed something there. It said ever Used. That doesnt make it the biggest one ever built.
I am sure you will agree with me that those people who built that bomb can as well double its power capacity.
They can Multiply its power by 100 if they want. I believe that make some sense. Or is that beyond them ?
On the figure of speech issue, let me put it this way.
I am a Nigerian, not a British or American.
So if i am to write or speak it in my own local language, i will do better than 99% of the British people.
I also remember telling someone here that studying English Language and Biology doesn't make one intelligent.
If we are to go personal, i can easily leave the thread for you because i am not interested.
You live in America, I dont. So i understand where you are coming from.
Re: Why Is The Us Military Occupying Four Airports In Haiti? by ElRazur: 9:02pm On Jan 30, 2010
Sam Milla:

Collin Powell doesn't represent American Government. Understandable. That was his Personal view. Did i hear you well ?
what do you need the link for? You probably have a plan already in mind to discredit the site.
So whats the use ?

I just needed to be sure things have not been taken out of context. But if you wont give it up, then never mind. smiley

You missed something there. It said ever Used. That doesnt make it the biggest one ever built.
I am sure you will agree with me that those people who built that bomb can as well double its power capacity.
They can Multiply its power by 100 if they want. I believe that make some sense. Or is that beyond them ?
On the figure of speech issue, let me put it this way.
I am a Nigerian, not a British or American.
So if i am to write or speak it in my own local language, i will do better than 99% of the British people.
I also remember telling someone here that studying English Language and Biology doesn't make one intelligent.
If we are to go personal, i can easily leave the thread for you because i am not interested.
You live in America, I dont. So i understand where you are coming from.

My point is, the US do not have the kind of power needed to cause that kind of damage. My point is that the US do not have that kind of technology to transfer earthquake-like destructive energy over several hundreds of miles across ground without leaving a tell tale signs of destruction. My point is there is noting to suggest it is man-made.

I am Nigerian, but one learn other things isnt? After all, you accused debo of how he should learn to speak other languages etc. So it ain't over the top I suggest you learn figure of speech. Especially, when it is so obvious, but you missed it.

No need to get personal, I am not here to discuss intelligence. Heck, for all I know you may be more intelligent than me. I am just here to disprove some of the notions you and others suggested that US is responsible for the quake, up to no good in Haiti etc.
Re: Why Is The Us Military Occupying Four Airports In Haiti? by SamMilla1(m): 9:19pm On Jan 30, 2010
My point is, the US do not have the kind of power needed to cause that kind of damage. My point is that the US do not have that kind of technology to transfer earthquake-like destructive energy over several hundreds of miles across ground without leaving a tell tale signs of destruction. My point is there is noting to suggest it is man-made

It will be safer to say that YOU DONT KNOW Such things can not be made public. I believe you know.

I am just here to disprove some of the notions you and others suggested that US is responsible for the quake, up to no good in Haiti etc.

I dont remember saying they did it.

Meanwhile i only meant for debosky to pay attention to other news media. like Germans, Russians, etc and not only US.
Not to learn other languages. I believe he understood that too.
Re: Why Is The Us Military Occupying Four Airports In Haiti? by ElRazur: 9:26pm On Jan 30, 2010
Sam Milla:

It will be safer to say that YOU DONT KNOW Such things can not be made public. I believe you know.

I dont remember saying they did it.

Meanwhile i only meant for debosky to pay attention to other news media. like Germans, Russians, etc and not only US.
Not to learn other languages. I believe he understood that too.

Hence why I suggested we debated on facts and logic. To present unproven points and ideas as fact is usually calling for trouble. Based on what we know, the US is not capable of doing such things. Based on science and using existing known values i.e the power of the last nuclear bomb use and the amount of energy an earthquake can release, it is possible to deduce that the US do not have that kind of know how and resources.

No you specifically told him to learn to speak another language so as to see what people are saying in spanish, french and other non-english forum about america's foreign policy or something. But let is not dwell on that please.
Re: Why Is The Us Military Occupying Four Airports In Haiti? by SamMilla1(m): 10:02pm On Jan 30, 2010
Razur

I am a little Curios.

Please be honest with me here.

Did you know about HAARP prior to Haiti Disaster ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Russian President Vladimir Putin Hits Africa Again! / Obama Slow Jams The News With Jimmy Fallon @ Late Night / Eritrean Government Law Saying Men Should Marry Two Wives Or Risk Jail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.