Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,454 members, 7,830,251 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

Nuzo For House Of Representatives 2011. The Revolution. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nuzo For House Of Representatives 2011. The Revolution. (4029 Views)

Yusuf Sulaimon-Lasun Is Deputy Speaker House Of Representatives / Yakubu Dogara Is Speaker Of 8th House Of Representatives / House of Representatives Adopt Motion Over Removal Of Jega (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nuzo For House Of Representatives 2011. The Revolution. by Nobody: 12:01pm On Feb 03, 2010
I was happy and impressed when I heard that Hon.Mrs Ogbaga currently representing Ohaukwu/Ebonyi federal constituency has inaugurated a free 3 months computer training for youths from our constituency. On the other hand, am sad cos she didnt have to wait hear my intentions before she could think of what to do for the youths in this constituency.
Whichever way, the youhts are grateful and hope she has more developmental packages in stall.

NB: Hon Kennedy Ogba along with the president Ebonyi youth forum, Ohaukwu youth leader and others paid my family a surprise warm visit last night. I in turn along with some youth leaders will pay him a courtesy call at House of Assembly next week to hear from him how he has influenced policies for the interest of our constituency.

People from my constituency should keep reaching me for advice and suggestions.

Thanks.
Re: Nuzo For House Of Representatives 2011. The Revolution. by SEFAGO(m): 12:07pm On Feb 03, 2010
;d
Re: Nuzo For House Of Representatives 2011. The Revolution. by Nobody: 12:20pm On Feb 03, 2010
brownbonno:

This guy is just a bully.Better go back to China if they will allow you back.
As an aspiring public figure,you should learn to take criticisms as they come and take time to explain why you think you a better for that post without been abusive.

Na you get your mouth.
You do not expect me to begin to sound politically correct in order to please naija-swag and co, do you?
Were you expecting me to thank him for calling me a thief without proof?
Oh. . . please!

brownbonno:

You should consider championing an NGO and do your philanthropic and charity work rather than venturing politics/governance which is more of policy decision making.

How many NGOs and charity organizations do Nigeria need at this time? Like I said before, what she needs now are people who are going to make policies and laws that will encourage development. . . they must not stop at that. They must make sure these laws and policies are enforced without fear or favor. . . thats what am up for!

illusion2:

Your vision isn't bad at all . . .

But IMO . . .you're too young for the thuggery currently required to achieve your goal.

Start a family,get your kids to spend some extended periods of their life with you  . . . .  .then commit to this.

I would suggest you start out as someone's chief of staff & learn your ropes from there. . .  .

THIS IS NIGERIA !!

Illusion, thanks for your advice.
However, am not backing down cos the time is now. For how long do we have to wait in oder to make an impact; when our children must have gone through what we are going through?

suxes2005:

Nuzo

Try as much as possible to reply +ve wit both
constructive and destructive replies here
as it will also determines d type of person you are

SHALOM

Shalom to you too Suxes2005. smiley
Re: Nuzo For House Of Representatives 2011. The Revolution. by naijaswag1: 12:42pm On Feb 03, 2010
nuzo:

Na you get your mouth.
You do not expect me to begin to sound politically correct in order to please naija-swag and co, do you?

How many NGOs and charity organizations do Nigeria need at this time? Like I said before, what she needs now are people who are going to make policies and laws that will encourage development. . . they must not stop at that. They must make sure these laws and policies are enforced without fear or favor. . . thats what am up for!

Illusion, thanks for your advice.
However, am not backing down cos the time is now. For how long do we have to wait in oder to make an impact; when our children must have gone through what we are going through?

Shalom to you too Suxes2005. smiley

Nuzo,if this is the future of politics in Nigeria,Yar'adua's days are better the way it is, You don't know jack about politics.You are a dangerous thug.Can you imagine the your disposition when you have not even smelled Abuja.Imagine when you eventually get to Abuja.Chei! Chineke God.We are finished.Nigeria needs people but not your type.I doubt if someone like you participated in campus politics or any type of activism in your lifetime.
Re: Nuzo For House Of Representatives 2011. The Revolution. by brownbonno(m): 1:48pm On Feb 03, 2010
nuzo:

Na you get your mouth.
Were you expecting me to thank him for calling me a thief without proof?
Oh. . . please!

Fantastic response,that is how to be a politician.
Re: Nuzo For House Of Representatives 2011. The Revolution. by Nobody: 2:02pm On Feb 03, 2010
naija_swag:

Nuzo,if this is the future of politics in Nigeria,Yar'adua's days are better the way it is, You don't know jack about politics.You are a dangerous thug.Can you imagine the your disposition when you have not even smelled Abuja.Imagine when you eventually get to Abuja.Chei! Chineke God.We are finished.Nigeria needs people but not your type.I doubt if someone like you participated in campus politics or any type of activism in your lifetime.

My disposition? Thats exactly is what motivated our present federal legislator to offer free 3 months computer training to all youths in Ohaukwu/Ebonyi federal constituency. Had the movement kept quiet like you are suggesting, she will complete her 4 years tenure next year without doing anything for the people.

Anywho, this movement is bigger than you and whoever is paying to be online 24hrs to defend the status quo.

Politics is no more about slander, jealousy or cowardice as you have insinuated in your previous comments! Its now about bravery, courage and sacrifice.

1 Like

Re: Nuzo For House Of Representatives 2011. The Revolution. by naijaswag1: 2:24pm On Feb 03, 2010
I am an IT guru like yourself-OCP,OCM in a few weeks.I get on here to bear my mind and envisage a better Nigeria which I will be proud of till the end of my days.I am being pragmatic.I see that you can't take corrections and lack the necessary political foundations and intellectual to bring about change in your constituency.I read your biography and it is highly skeletal.You need to learn the rudiments of politics before you venture it.But the way politics is practised in Nigeria,I will not surprised to see you among the notorious ignoble and useless law makers who populate our National Assembly come 2011.You are worse than many of them unless you choose to learn and take correction and advice.You are politically immature.But your wawa people who don't know anything can see you as a saviour.People like you can never have a chance in Abia or Imo state.
Re: Nuzo For House Of Representatives 2011. The Revolution. by Nobody: 2:24pm On Feb 03, 2010
Where are the mods, they need to move this thread to the jokes section   grin

On a more serious note, if Nigeria were to be a nation slightly more firmly rooted in democratic principles and ideals, an oaf like nuzo should just forget any ambitions of elective office after having outed himself stupidly on Nairaland like this.

His Nairaland posts are the true indication of what he will actually do when he gets into office, as opposed to what his manifesto says he will do.
Re: Nuzo For House Of Representatives 2011. The Revolution. by Nobody: 3:09pm On Feb 03, 2010
naija_swag:

I am an IT guru like yourself-OCP,OCM in a few weeks.I get on here to bear my mind and envisage a better Nigeria which I will be proud of till the end of my days.I am being pragmatic.I see that you can't take corrections and lack the necessary political foundations and intellectual to bring about change in your constituency.I read your biography and it is highly skeletal.You need to learn the rudiments of politics before you venture it.But the way politics is practised in Nigeria,I will not surprised to see you among the notorious ignoble and useless law makers who populate our National Assembly come 2011.You are worse than many of them unless you choose to learn and take correction and advice.You are politically immature.But your wawa people who don't know anything can see you as a saviour.People like you can never have a chance in Abia or Imo state.

Whats your beef with me anyway? Why all the insults on Ebonyi people? Am confused now.

By the way, what is it in Abia and Imo? Did you exclude Anambra because the whole world witness most of the gubernatorial candidates talking trash on national TV the other day?
Of course I wont have a chance in Imo and Abia because I would have been assassinated by now or the youths who are behind me would have chickened out because I dont have money.

Before you slaughter an immature politician like me, pls educate me on ways to go about this since you are a mature politician.
While you are on that, I would like to remind you that the youths from my constituency are tired of playing politics which have left Nigeria the way it is.

1 Like

Re: Nuzo For House Of Representatives 2011. The Revolution. by illusion2: 3:45pm On Feb 03, 2010
Hey. . . . lets encourage a fellow nairalander,afterall,i'm sure less than 1% of us have anything to do with his constituency.

nuzo:

My disposition? Thats exactly is what motivated our present federal legislator to offer free 3 months computer training to all youths in Ohaukwu/Ebonyi federal constituency. Had the movement kept quiet like you are suggesting, she will complete her 4 years tenure next year without doing anything for the people.

Meanwhile Hon. nuzo,please note a legislators primary responsibility is to MAKE LAWS not build or 'do' things. Thats what we have the Executive arm for.

However ,if you're talking about constituency projects,these are meant to be targetted in nature & you  should investigate ,if any such projects were approved by the NASS,other than that ,she basically spending her salary on these projects,which we shouldn't encourage.
Re: Nuzo For House Of Representatives 2011. The Revolution. by Nobody: 3:57pm On Feb 03, 2010
illusion2:

Hey. . . . lets encourage a fellow nairalander,afterall,i'm sure less than 1% of us have anything to do with his constituency.

Meanwhile Hon. nuzo,please not a legislators primary responsibility is to MAKE LAWS not build or 'do' things. Thats what we have the executive arm for.

However ,if you're talking about constituency projects,these are meant to be targetted in nature & you should investigate ,if any such projects were approved by the NASS,other than that ,she basically spending her salary on these projects,which we shouldn't encourage.

I know their responsibility is to make laws of which I've acknowledged in my previous posts. However, I wouldnt be wrong to assume its part of her constituency projects as usually approved by NASS since we have'nt noticed any other project since 2007.
Anyway, just heard the announcement on radio yesterday. We dont have a medium on how to reach and interact with her to know whether the bill is coming from her pocket.

Right now, all I can do is encourage the youths from my constituency to take advantage of this free 3 months computer training.
Re: Nuzo For House Of Representatives 2011. The Revolution. by illusion2: 4:11pm On Feb 03, 2010
nuzo:

I know their responsibility is to make laws of which I've acknowledged in my previous posts. However, I wouldnt be wrong to assume its part of her constituency projects as usually approved by NASS since we have'nt noticed any other project since 2007.
Anyway, just heard the announcement on radio yesterday. We dont have a medium on how to reach and interact with her to know whether the bill is coming from her pocket.

Right now, all I can do is encourage the youths from my constituency to take advantage of this free 3 months computer training.
Don't assume my friend. . . . . FIND OUT !!

Unseating an incumbent is one of the most difficult things in politics.

You need to get all your facts.

How many times has she attended sittings,how many bills has she sponsored/co-sponsored?

How many times has your constituency been mentioned in this legislative session?

You may have a few youth orgs on your side ,but getting into the NASS is much more than that.

Cheers,
Re: Nuzo For House Of Representatives 2011. The Revolution. by naijaswag1: 10:54am On Feb 04, 2010
nuzo:

Whats your beef with me anyway? Why all the insults on Ebonyi people? Am confused now.

By the way, what is it in Abia and Imo? Did you exclude Anambra because the whole world witness most of the gubernatorial candidates talking trash on national TV the other day?
Of course I wont have a chance in Imo and Abia because I would have been assassinated by now or the youths who are behind me would have chickened out because I dont have money.

Before you slaughter an immature politician like me, pls educate me on ways to go about this since you are a mature politician.
While you are on that, I would like to remind you that the youths from my constituency are tired of playing politics which have left Nigeria the way it is.

I don't have any beef with you or the people of Ebonyi State,I am an Igbo man so I see every other Igbo man as a brother.Secondly,I am not a matured politican but I was privileged to have particpate fully in students union politics.I realised afetrwards that it is a microcsm of how the real world works in the West but not in Nigeria.The only free and fair election I have witnessed in my whole life in Nigeria was on campus.I was a political ediabli on campus.I was a NANS activist and I have also worked closely with Rochas Okorocha and many politicans in Abia and Imo state.I also follow Nigerian and world politics on daily basis and I am also a voracious and omnivorous reader of political books especially by past and present political gladiators and actors.I read famous speeches and study history of politics of Nigeria and the Western world to broaden my scope of understanding.I intend to launch an ambition in 2015 which will coincide with Ndi Igbo producing Nigeria's first Igbo president.

However,all am trying to do is to make some inputs to your ambition by being pragmatic and rational.What we have in the Nigerian politics is incompetent mediocre and immature people-compounded with our crude disposition and attitudes to daily life-jumping into the political scene because of the status quo and the fallout is the stalemate,imbroglio and continuous deterioration of the polity and standard of living of the citizens.

There is no natural or man made law that bans anyone from participating in the government of his people whether he is immature or not.The person can have a good heart and commitment to serve his people but your presentation has to be pragmatic,genuine,sanguine,authentic and original.Politics is more of an art than science therefore mastering how it works is extremely important.However,even the competent and matured politicians can be rogues at heart.

As a young aspiring Hon. you should have hired some staff-experts in the field not thugs say like community organizing,public relations,speech writing,advisers and so on.This staff envisaging your ambition can be voluntary or paid and they will take charge of your campaign.For instance,as a politician you are a public figure and every word you utter to the public will be scrutinized and queried.You don't just say anything and you have to balance every word you utter with what is realistic

Since I said politics is more of an art than science,it requires perfection and perfection cannot be achieved in one swift.The first advice I will give you is to define your ideology and join a political party because independent politicians don't contest elections in Nigeria unless the long awaited constitutional review says otherwise.

illusion2:

Don't assume my friend. . . . . FIND OUT !!

Unseating an incumbent is one of the most difficult things in politics.

You need to get all your facts.

How many times has she attended sittings,how many bills has she sponsored/co-sponsored?

How many times has your constituency been mentioned in this legislative session?

You may have a few youth orgs on your side ,but getting into the NASS is much more than that.

Cheers,

This how a politician thinks,you have to know everything about your opponent.Another important question you should ask yourself:Is the position you want to contest for zoned because this is Nigeria and you can't change it overnight? Is your opponent interested in 2nd Tenure? In the developed world even in the US,unseating a seating elected government official be it the president or lawmakers who desires a second tenure  is always an uphill task no matter how competent you are.
Re: Nuzo For House Of Representatives 2011. The Revolution. by omamokta: 1:22pm On Feb 05, 2010
Hi NUZO, my candid advice is, you should transmit this message to the people at the grassroot, they are the ones to vote you in. Forget about carrying out the campaign online because am very sure those people to vote you in are not 100% computer literate. most of us replying you can not render even a single vote for your cause. Yes its good you create awareness but creating awareness for the wrong people will be tantamount to waste of energy and resources. Besides, you should ve stated your party. Good luck
Re: Nuzo For House Of Representatives 2011. The Revolution. by Nobody: 11:04pm On Feb 05, 2010
nairaland, u bad oh!
Re: Nuzo For House Of Representatives 2011. The Revolution. by solo1: 3:30pm On Mar 09, 2010
Nuzo,

Have you gone back to your China and abandon your 2011 project?Politics is about consistency.
Re: Nuzo For House Of Representatives 2011. The Revolution. by Nobody: 3:49pm On Mar 09, 2010
solo1:

Nuzo,

Have you gone back to your China and abandon your 2011 project?Politics is about consistency.

Am still very much around.
On the other hand, I wonder why you are so bothered about my location since am not yet your representative? You should be more concerned about who is representing you now, somebody you've not seen since she was elected.

Am keeping a low profile for now before you will be paid to come and hurt me. Your stalking is getting out of hand.

omamokta:

Hi NUZO, my candid advice is, you should transmit this message to the people at the grassroot, they are the ones to vote you in. Forget about carrying out the campaign online because am very sure those people to vote you in are not 100% computer literate. most of us replying you can not render even a single vote for your cause. Yes its good you create awareness but creating awareness for the wrong people will be tantamount to waste of energy and resources. Besides, you should ve stated your party. Good luck

Thanks for your advice, dude. My base is fully on ground. . . the Internet is for those living outside the state.
Re: Nuzo For House Of Representatives 2011. The Revolution. by solo1: 3:54pm On Mar 09, 2010
nuzo:

Am still very much around.
On the other hand, I wonder why you are so bothered about my location since am not yet your representative? You should be more concerned about who is representing you now, somebody you've not seen since she was elected.

This is why we need an alternative.Here you have to show you are capable to replace the Rep.
Be realistic and man enough to have an open mind to pursue your course.
Re: Nuzo For House Of Representatives 2011. The Revolution. by Nobody: 4:09pm On Mar 09, 2010
solo1:

This is why we need an alternative.Here you have to show you are capable to replace the Rep.
Be realistic and man enough to have an open mind to pursue your course.

Opening up about my life, plans and that of my family to world is not being realistic and man enough? Or, am I missing something here?
There's still a whole lot of time for you to know all you want to know about me since my memo have'nt revealed enough to you. Meanwhile, my studies and biz must go on.
Re: Nuzo For House Of Representatives 2011. The Revolution. by solo1: 4:39pm On Mar 09, 2010
nuzo:

Opening up about my life, plans and that of my family to world is not being realistic and man enough? Or, am I missing something here?

You are indeed missing something and been paranoid for no just reason.
nuzo:

Am keeping a low profile for now before you will be paid to come and hurt me
Why will you ever imagine one will be out to hurt you.

nuzo:

Meanwhile, my studies and biz must go on.

I wish you well in your studies/biz
Re: Nuzo For House Of Representatives 2011. The Revolution. by Nobody: 12:43pm On May 13, 2010
YOUTHS, LEADERS OF TOMORROW?
BY Nwoha Uzo (Nuzo)

How do we transform mere power into justice, mere sentiment into love? The answer I find in law books don’t always satisfy me-for every Brown v. Board of Education, I find a score of score of cases where conscience is sacrificed to expedience or greed
-Barack Obama

In governance today, personal interest have overtaken the general interests of the people- of which the later is the main purpose of seeking to represent/govern any group of people. In developed countries, young people are being urged to bring their vigour to nation building. It’s rather unfortunate that the reverse is the case in our country Nigeria. To buttress my point, recently, Hon. Members of the House of Representative proposed an amendment regarding age qualification-see section 65 (1b) of 1999 constitution, probably to suit their own interests and not the interest of the youths and the general population. This amendment in respect of age qualification for a seat in the House of Representative- which has hiked from 30 years to 35 years irrationally and without any constitutional reference or backing from supposedly members of high repute. It’s becoming clear to all that this selfish act is not only borne out of greed and fear of democratic change but also out of crass ignorance of the fact that younger, educated and well traveled people are more likely to bring about positive changes than most of the old dudes who would fight to an end to maintain status quo.

Younger men and women tend to have more zeal to tackle corruption head on as they’ve not been too involved with the system to be corrupt, hence can fight the ills of our society to a standstill. The same cannot be said of the old and recycled politicians who have been looting our treasury since time immemorial. Younger people have traveled more and lived in underdeveloped, developing and developed environments hence have basis for comparison. Their findings now triggers the malnourished political will lacking in Nigeria to check, balance and make developmental policies for the appropriate authorities without fear or favor.

However, one cannot overlook the fact that younger people have because of circumstances contributed to the decay in our system. They have in one way or the other allowed themselves to be used as assassins, political thugs, ballot boxes snatchers and people being used to perpetuate violence as in the case of religious and ethnic crises in some parts of our country. Worst of all is their fear of victimization to stage a peaceful protest when necessary.

As we continue to speak out against this senseless abuse of power and irrational behaviour behind this new amendment, I want to use this opportunity to commend older compatriots like Wole soyinka, Dora Akunyili, Rt, Hon. Nnamani, Aminu Masari, Ade Bakare, Chinua Achebe, Col. Musa Umar, Dr. Okonjo-Iweala among many. These people have in one way or the other upheld the truth even though it might have been originally triggered by their own personal ideology -which we may never know.

I have started an autobiography which will highlight my experiences growing up, my life in Nigeria and my sojourn across the borders. I will also highlight the differences and similarities; the lifestyle and their effects, the political, religious and social challenges facing these environments and how we can learn from their success and failures. I won’t leave out my love life…lol.

want to use this opportunity to thank all my fans and supporters online (nairaland.com, facebook and Nigeria village square.com) and on ground for their strong faith in me while the familiarization/1st phase of the campaign lasted. I want to thank all my friends and acquaintances for believing and others for not believing in me, and those who were quick to join the movement as soon as they noticed the momentum and my burning desire to serve. I’m indebted to all the members of family (close and distant) for their love and moral support during my campaign, though the fear of my safety was evident in their eyes.

I will continue to reach out to our people by listening to their problems and helping in any way I can.

Nuzo is an aspirant for the House of Representatives
Re: Nuzo For House Of Representatives 2011. The Revolution. by Nobody: 12:49pm On May 13, 2010
A few weeks back, the National Association of Ebonyi students endorsed my candidature.
Way to go guys. . . way to GO.

1 Like

Re: Nuzo For House Of Representatives 2011. The Revolution. by Nobody: 12:50pm On May 13, 2010
Coming soon!
Re: Nuzo For House Of Representatives 2011. The Revolution. by tkb417(m): 12:55pm On May 13, 2010
Way to go bro

nice one!!!

lets wait for the day Nairalanders will be producing real politicians

lets see if we are gonna be different from those we curse daily

i pray you win
Re: Nuzo For House Of Representatives 2011. The Revolution. by Nobody: 1:16pm On May 13, 2010
tkb417:

Way to go bro

nice one!!!

lets wait for the day Nairalanders will be producing real politicians

lets see if we are gonna be different from those we curse daily

i pray you win

Thanks for your prayers bro. . . . keep keeping the dream alive.
Re: Nuzo For House Of Representatives 2011. The Revolution. by Nobody: 3:26pm On May 25, 2010
Just finished granting an interview to a leading newspaper in Ebonyi State; The Voice formally known as Ebonyi Voice. The full text of my interview will be out Saturday.

Go grab your copy!
Re: Nuzo For House Of Representatives 2011. The Revolution. by gabng(m): 2:10am On May 26, 2010
Oga nuzo,
Considering our current political landscape and the risk involved it wont hurt if you take interest in this offer we have for high value individuals like you.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-451696.0.html#msg6094451
Re: Nuzo For House Of Representatives 2011. The Revolution. by illusion2: 4:33pm On May 26, 2010
So have you now been screened out due to age restrictions? undecided
Re: Nuzo For House Of Representatives 2011. The Revolution. by egift(m): 4:57pm On May 26, 2010
Goodluck my friend and you look cool too.

Re: Nuzo For House Of Representatives 2011. The Revolution. by sjeezy8: 6:48pm On May 26, 2010
fuk uzo . . .
Re: Nuzo For House Of Representatives 2011. The Revolution. by congoshine(m): 5:59pm On Mar 04, 2011
So Nuzo what happened? Are you still in the race?
Re: Nuzo For House Of Representatives 2011. The Revolution. by illusion2: 9:56am On Mar 07, 2011
I'm also interested in knowing what happened to this candidate.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gov Aregbesola Condemns Christmas Day Bombings / Apc Wins Round One At Rivers Governorship Election Tribunal / SHOCKING DETAILS: Reasons Shekau Resigns For ISIS To Take Over...!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.