Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

Is It Good For Parent To Use Abusive Words - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Good For Parent To Use Abusive Words (3913 Views)

Is It Good For Parent To Always Check Their Children's Phone? / Is It Proper For Parent To Lie To Their Children When Advicing Them? / Is It Proper For Parent to Keep Stock Of Child's School Fees Receipt? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Good For Parent To Use Abusive Words by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jan 26, 2010
well l agree it will affect ur relationship with ur parents and ur siblings.
Re: Is It Good For Parent To Use Abusive Words by tytylayor: 6:07pm On Jan 26, 2010
naturally, its not gud to use abusive words on ur children, coz u never can tell wen d wicked ones are arround, and i learnt there's an angel going up an down to say "amen" to watever he met u say. Anoda tin is no matter d gud words u say to ur children, they'll be watever dey want to be, dat is if their destiny has not been tampered wit by d evil ones (AWON IYA).
i knw of a woman dat neva say any negative words to d children even if she knws quite well they r wrong, but d first born is a "gbewiri", can steal in broad day lite, not minding d distance from his house, he's been caught several times, beating and disgraced publicly and brought home to d parent, but still, he continues and d woman never opens her mouth to call him names, instead she'll call him "omo olori're"
d most important tin is for parents to pray dat d enemies will not av power over their children
Re: Is It Good For Parent To Use Abusive Words by echobee(f): 6:09pm On Jan 26, 2010
it is not right to use abusive words on any one,not to talk about kids
Re: Is It Good For Parent To Use Abusive Words by Moyola(f): 6:17pm On Jan 26, 2010
tytylayor:

naturally, its not gud to use abusive words on your children, coz u never can tell wen d wicked ones are arround, and i learnt there's an angel going up an down to say "amen" to watever he met u say. Anoda tin is no matter d gud words u say to your children, they'll be watever dey want to be, dat is if their destiny has not been tampered wit by d evil ones (AWON IYA).
i knw of a woman dat neva say any negative words to d children even if she knws quite well they r wrong, but d first born is a "gbewiri", can steal in broad day lite, not minding d distance from his house, he's been caught several times, beating and disgraced publicly and brought home to d parent, but still, he continues and d woman never opens her mouth to call him names, instead she'll call him "omo olori're"
d most important tin is for parents to pray dat d enemies will not av power over their children

Causing is totally different from correcting when he/she does smth unacceptable. Couldn't she have cautioned him without using negative words?!

She calls him "Omo Olori're"?!. . .She prolly meant "Omo Olori ike"! tongue
Re: Is It Good For Parent To Use Abusive Words by tytylayor: 6:30pm On Jan 26, 2010
she definitely do correct him, but she'l neva use words like "oloriburuku omo, o lo do ju timi". guessed d boy is just been possessed wit d spirit of stealing
Re: Is It Good For Parent To Use Abusive Words by 1forall: 7:45pm On Jan 26, 2010
Is it good to use abusive words at all?
Re: Is It Good For Parent To Use Abusive Words by kokoye(m): 8:14pm On Jan 26, 2010
The obvious answer is No.

Go n see the movie 'Precious'.
Re: Is It Good For Parent To Use Abusive Words by Hairat007(f): 9:40pm On Jan 26, 2010
Obviously d answer is NO, but then some parents are so fond of it that they hardly remember

d harvoc they re causing d child. God help us sha
Re: Is It Good For Parent To Use Abusive Words by rasputinn(m): 10:03pm On Jan 26, 2010
Parents should make conscious effort never to use abusive words on or curse their children,there are ways of driving home your point
Re: Is It Good For Parent To Use Abusive Words by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jan 26, 2010
well parents use it n r still usin it.if u ask dem y,u already know d ansa DIS IS AFRICA N I BELIEVE IN DISCIPLINE.dats y d boys grow up 2 be verbal n physical abusers 2 dia wives n kids n d galz grow up 2 be aggressive.any small disagreement dey r ready 4 physical fight,even on d strret.however d best way of correcting a child is 2 give him a thousand n one reasons y wot he did is bad in a livin way unlike d former,d kids do wot dey wana do because dady is not there but unlike d latter kids understand beta n make adjustmen,so even wen mumy isnt there dey obey
Re: Is It Good For Parent To Use Abusive Words by TOPE20001(f): 10:55pm On Jan 26, 2010
NO
NEVER
EVER
Re: Is It Good For Parent To Use Abusive Words by tolly4real(f): 11:02pm On Jan 26, 2010
i dont believe in using abusive words on ur kids. who knws wht sort of angel is passing by at that time. betterstill u can say it the other way like: se olorire niiwo omo yi and stuffs like dat
Re: Is It Good For Parent To Use Abusive Words by Olami90: 11:26pm On Jan 26, 2010
capital NO.
Re: Is It Good For Parent To Use Abusive Words by disturbia: 12:30am On Jan 27, 2010
Out of frustration, parents tend to use abusive words on their children. when there is noone to blame for their problems, they blame the children. I feel the pressure of taking care of a child is the reason for this but that does not mean you should cause your children.
Re: Is It Good For Parent To Use Abusive Words by micpet(m): 6:44am On Jan 27, 2010
it nt rit using abusive words dem at all.
Re: Is It Good For Parent To Use Abusive Words by jumie(f): 7:55am On Jan 27, 2010
It is really wrong to curse or verbally abuse anyone, most especially your child! I think those who do so are not enlightened about the power of the tongue.

"Death and life are in the power of the tongue, those who love it shall eat its fruit thereof."

There are better ways of rebuking a child and abuse certainly is not one of them.
Re: Is It Good For Parent To Use Abusive Words by dearmi: 8:06am On Jan 27, 2010
It is totally wrong for parents to use abusive words on their children,remember the Bible says the power of life and death is in the tongue so lets watch the way we use our tongues not only "PARENTS"
Re: Is It Good For Parent To Use Abusive Words by parislomo(f): 8:43am On Jan 27, 2010
nah. . . Not a good thing. Why would any sane parent(s) want to do that?? Asides the fact that AWON IYA might be around to say a wicked silent amen, it is unacceptable for you to say unpleasant things at your children or anyone's children at that!
When you watch Yoruba movies a lot, you would know it's not a brilliant thing to do!! *parents!!*
And if you are a christian, you really should know better!
Re: Is It Good For Parent To Use Abusive Words by Fearcom(m): 8:57am On Jan 27, 2010
What you call a child is what he will become.If you call him/her a stubborn goat . . . . . . then don't be surprised when he/she starts to behave like one. sad
Re: Is It Good For Parent To Use Abusive Words by MrCrackles(m): 9:08am On Jan 27, 2010
Topic
If they want to and as long as the children are not going to chuck hot slaps at their parents. . .Why not?!
Re: Is It Good For Parent To Use Abusive Words by Wrex(m): 9:15am On Jan 27, 2010
Bukittes:

You know sometimes nairalanders post some topics they already know the answer to. Why do we keep doing this now?
@ Poster, u said u learnt, haba, even a toddler knows this now, find a more challenging topic that will help everyone and not these kind of nursery questions we ask here. Abeg, we need to grow up.
You are absolutely right.This are not the kind of topics we need to post on nairaland.We need something more challenging.I wonder why people are commenting on the topic.Are you all kids?
Re: Is It Good For Parent To Use Abusive Words by sexybash(f): 9:18am On Jan 27, 2010
No
its Bad
my Dad uses words like stupid somebody
my Mom uses Fool
But It didnt Affect me
any way its not God
Re: Is It Good For Parent To Use Abusive Words by zeedee(f): 9:26am On Jan 27, 2010
Lol @ topic,
Any parent that uses abusive words on their child --> That ain't right.

My dad is funny, he was so overprotective of us when we were younger (even now). When we were little girls he used to teach us words like bum-cum and buffoon so we could use on anyone that looked for our trouble or tried to pick a fight with us. AND if we ever got into a fight, he taught us to "scratch them, bite them!"

I love my daddy! But I hardly ever got into fights. It's now that Naija dey teach me how to insult, Lol.
Re: Is It Good For Parent To Use Abusive Words by zeedee(f): 9:27am On Jan 27, 2010
"b u m - c u m"
Re: Is It Good For Parent To Use Abusive Words by Becomrrich: 9:42am On Jan 27, 2010
words areĀ  powerful in africa culture. we do not use nagative word in yorubaland. it is consider close to a tabo to do so.

we believe, it has effect on the child.

children are so important in africa culture, that if you kill a person, the person is allowed to kill yours. You do not take people children in africa culture. if you do, his whole ethnics group would come after. You saw the bomber in the USA. a whole 50 million people would come after your country. It is call ethnics honour.

They can close down your embassy and all your citizen living in that country would be in danger. children are no go area in africa. it leads to war.

If you take an africa child in america, the man whole ethnics group would can round up all america children in nigeria and kill them all. So children are no go area in africa culture.
Re: Is It Good For Parent To Use Abusive Words by kshow1(m): 9:52am On Jan 27, 2010
No
Re: Is It Good For Parent To Use Abusive Words by Mikelalex: 10:09am On Jan 27, 2010
it is not good for parent to use abusive words on children but due to what the child did the parent may be too angry and may insult the child but in my own view it is not good
Re: Is It Good For Parent To Use Abusive Words by Spyker: 11:02am On Jan 27, 2010
Mikelalex:

it is not good for parent to use abusive words on children but due to what the child did the parent may be too angry and may insult the child but in my own view it is not good

Exactly my thought
Re: Is It Good For Parent To Use Abusive Words by gunnergavo: 12:04pm On Jan 27, 2010
Definitely not! Cos the tongue is a powerful weapon.
Re: Is It Good For Parent To Use Abusive Words by showbobo(m): 12:30pm On Jan 27, 2010
Some threads can be funny sha. . . Wonder how this made it to the homepage undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Is It Good For Parent To Use Abusive Words by 2busy: 3:07pm On Jan 27, 2010
Re: Is It Good For Parent To Use Abusive Words by D1KeleVra(m): 8:05pm On Jan 27, 2010
@Topic
Yes i think they should. . . i especially like "You son of a *gun"

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is This What Happens In Serious Relationships? / / Please Pray For Babyosisi's Dad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.