Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,466 members, 7,830,345 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:01 PM

Should I Marry An Illiterate? Kindly Advise - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Marry An Illiterate? Kindly Advise (5345 Views)

Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? / Can You Marry An Illiterate? / What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Marry An Illiterate? Kindly Advise by Nobody: 9:09am On Jan 26, 2010
My advice:- NO.

I don't have a problem with the age or her been and illiterate but d fact that she suggested getting her pregnant to make things work. PLS STAY OFF HER.
Re: Should I Marry An Illiterate? Kindly Advise by fortunejum: 9:15am On Jan 26, 2010
illitracy cannot be a barrier to marriage. most of our parents are illitrate yet they live  happily and were able to give most of us a quality education. so if you really love one another. GO AHEAD TO MARRY.
Re: Should I Marry An Illiterate? Kindly Advise by kellysopy(m): 9:16am On Jan 26, 2010
dnt marry her, ur marriage will be based on phonies.
Re: Should I Marry An Illiterate? Kindly Advise by William108(m): 9:24am On Jan 26, 2010
shocked shocked shocked whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!!! 5years? And u guys are advising him to go ahead? @ Poster,is the guy in question loaded or from a royal family? What does he have that is drawing his ELDER SISTA to him? I bet you it's not only love. Meanwhile, a 21yr old Nija guy shld still be in Skool or still struggling to enter skool. Wetin this guy get wey make the girl dey lie give am like that? The story itself doesn't sound true AT ALL. Woye77 shld submit himself to the Police for questioning or better still, Enrol with AlQaeda to become WORLD FAMOUS if he's seeking ATTENTION
Re: Should I Marry An Illiterate? Kindly Advise by Elenurazor: 9:29am On Jan 26, 2010
Bobo or playboy, you no get inner eye or make enquiry before you fall yakata, abi love dont blind you. Look even if she becomes crippled God forbid tommorrow, u have to marry her. It is your destiny. You can send her to school at least she will be exempted from kindergarten and nursery. So bro take her as i wish u a successful conjugal bliss.
Re: Should I Marry An Illiterate? Kindly Advise by pheesayor(m): 9:38am On Jan 26, 2010
@ topic, there's nothing wrong with her being an illeterate, if you really love her you can educate her.

I'm a good example, my girlfriend only went to a primary school but I love her and I'm ready to do anything for her. My friends criticise me and say she wont be able to go to outings with me but I dont care what others feel, it is what I feel that matters.

Follow your heart
Re: Should I Marry An Illiterate? Kindly Advise by aganaboos1: 10:04am On Jan 26, 2010
I think you have a dream of experiencing early death.It is not a big deal to get married today and divorce morrow.150million Nigerians are searching for their daily bread and you want to increase the number with your thoughtless plans. Pls rethink.
Re: Should I Marry An Illiterate? Kindly Advise by beknown(m): 10:18am On Jan 26, 2010
Woye77,

You are just 21. Who said you are ready for marriage?

Do not venture into a territory you know nothing about.

The lady is 26 and obviously older than you. What makes you think you can control a woman older than your big sister?

Before you think of marriage:
1. Go finish your school first and then start working.
2. Seek a woman your own age or younger.

There is no buts, just do it!
Re: Should I Marry An Illiterate? Kindly Advise by Nobody: 10:22am On Jan 26, 2010
@poster

try selling this script to Zeb Ejiro

i dont believe this crap. If you were not in Nigeria ,you could have fooled me.

But,definitely,this aint happening in Naija.Sorry tongue
Re: Should I Marry An Illiterate? Kindly Advise by justwise(m): 10:30am On Jan 26, 2010
Abekeade08:

Woye, this your tory too much sef. Everyday you switch between sexes. ne day yoOu post a fake story as a boy, the next day as a girl. I am starting to think to you are an hermaphodite, cos you don't know exactly what you really are.

NLanders, click on its profile and see all its posts to see what i am ranting about. (Yes, I have to call you an "it" cos I am not sure of your sex).

Busted!!!!
Re: Should I Marry An Illiterate? Kindly Advise by Spyker: 10:32am On Jan 26, 2010
Look before you leap.
My opinion: Ask yourself, in 10 years time, would you still find her attractive? I guess you know the answer. Age difference coupled with being an illiterate, i guess people will say you were charmed. If i were you, i will end the relationship and move on with my life.
Re: Should I Marry An Illiterate? Kindly Advise by Amjustme: 10:41am On Jan 26, 2010
There are many egs of wives who are older than their husbands unfortunately i cant tell u their names but be rest assured that marriage is more than all these, am pretty sure u luk older than her. The only thing i frown at is d fact that she is lying and not being totally honest.
Re: Should I Marry An Illiterate? Kindly Advise by slap1(m): 10:45am On Jan 26, 2010
@poster. What do you gain by posting these bland Nollywood scripts on NL? Take this to Tchidi Chikere and see what he thinks. Haven't you a better thing to do online?
Re: Should I Marry An Illiterate? Kindly Advise by samtoye(m): 11:08am On Jan 26, 2010
slap1:

@poster. What do you gain by posting these bland Nollywood scripts on NL? Take this to Tchidi Chikere and see what he thinks. Haven't you a better thing to do online?

You just spoke my mind, it seems the rest of you are idle thats why you are replying him. He/she/it is a good story teller, AMAKA has given you people enough evidence so quit the advice. Woye go to HINTS Magazine with your story they would pay you for it.
Re: Should I Marry An Illiterate? Kindly Advise by steaming(f): 11:19am On Jan 26, 2010
@ woye

way to young for this, quote me. Go and face your book or whatever it is you are doing. wen u done see life, then trust me u wouldnt be asking this very silly question/s!
Re: Should I Marry An Illiterate? Kindly Advise by supereagle(m): 11:58am On Jan 26, 2010
The diff. in age is just a number. You can educate her if she is ready to back to school. But will she give hapiness if marry her? consider that, the ball is in your court .
Re: Should I Marry An Illiterate? Kindly Advise by ochukoccna: 12:14pm On Jan 26, 2010
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-387180.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-387185.0.htm

Is WOYE77 male, female, both i.e. bisexual or just plain confused about his sexuality? How can you claim both sexes from your above posts.
Dumb attention seeking imbe-cile! grin grin grin grin
Re: Should I Marry An Illiterate? Kindly Advise by Bukittes(f): 12:27pm On Jan 26, 2010
My opinion is that this guy isn't matured enough to know wat he wants yet. Go home dear and sit under the moonlight while daddy tells u stories and mummy prepares dinner. You are too young for this level of decision making considering whats involved. Sorry.
Re: Should I Marry An Illiterate? Kindly Advise by Gentlebabs(m): 12:34pm On Jan 26, 2010
When you were cleaning the "PLAY HEAD", you did not know she is an illiterate. How many educated people today are financial stable and comfortable, how many? Now you are looking for an excuse to run away and move to the next on line. Remember, what goes around comes around cos age ain't nothing but numbers,
Re: Should I Marry An Illiterate? Kindly Advise by woye77: 12:43pm On Jan 26, 2010
ochukoccna:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-387180.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-387185.0.htm

Is WOYE77 male, female, both i.e. bisexual or just plain confused about his sexuality? How can you claim both sexes from your above posts.
Dumb attention seeking imbe-cile! grin grin grin grin

kindly read my previous posts on this thread for an answer to that
Re: Should I Marry An Illiterate? Kindly Advise by Kaycee33: 2:12pm On Jan 26, 2010
If you love her and she love you, Ba wahala. forget about age and been illiterate.

1 Like

Re: Should I Marry An Illiterate? Kindly Advise by idifu(m): 2:20pm On Jan 26, 2010
marry her if you know she 's the special one, illiterate or not it doesn't matter just as long as you both love each other that's what matters.
Re: Should I Marry An Illiterate? Kindly Advise by otukpo(f): 3:33pm On Jan 26, 2010
the age gap is the issue.
Why an older lady?
Re: Should I Marry An Illiterate? Kindly Advise by saemoenl(f): 4:01pm On Jan 26, 2010
So You want to run or wetin?, My dear, As long as you love her, teach her no matter the level of illiteracy she is. If you are saying age in love, Rule off that as what you need is love and someone who can love and cares for you. I have spend much to see a kind person that will love and care about me. still find it difficult!
Age is never a factor as she is just 5yrs older as am about to marry who i use 8yrs, then what are you saying? Concentrate on her weak side which is her education. Teach her and let her know that you will leave her if she didnt do something base on her illiteracy.
Thanks and all the best of union.
Re: Should I Marry An Illiterate? Kindly Advise by Zabu(m): 5:29pm On Jan 26, 2010
There would have been n problem if it were only the educational and age difference. But SHE LIED to you. If she could lie now, she can lie better in the future. Well the ball is your court. But look before you leap. wink
Re: Should I Marry An Illiterate? Kindly Advise by Bokoharam: 5:36pm On Jan 26, 2010
No!
Re: Should I Marry An Illiterate? Kindly Advise by platinumnk(f): 5:41pm On Jan 26, 2010
justwise:

Busted!!!!

Good Going Sweets cheesy
Re: Should I Marry An Illiterate? Kindly Advise by jaymdee(m): 5:52pm On Jan 26, 2010
Woye is in a bus, and that bus is called 'ONE CHANCE'. Guy come down b4 e go dey late.
Re: Should I Marry An Illiterate? Kindly Advise by bobokelly(m): 7:43pm On Jan 26, 2010
Well there is nothing wrong in that relationship, cos am also in your shoe, am married already with three children , and where i works there was a woman whom i knew she older than me she want me to date , though, she divorce with 4 children even one of her children she is in university, if i compare her age with mine she will be 3-5 years older than me, and she an illiterate, to my investigations and what she told me, she doped school in primary 3, but am a graduate in public admin. , but what i notice in she was so caring, loving, accommodating, i have to be frank with you i cant leave any more, so if you love her forget about her age and her level of education, cos love nothing to do with age and education, BUT WITH THAT YOUR AGE YOU ARE TOO YOUNG TO MARY NOW , I ADVISE YOU PLAN FOR YOUR FUTURE FIRST BEFORE THINKING OF MARRIED , E NO DEY ESSYYYYY OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Re: Should I Marry An Illiterate? Kindly Advise by Pataki: 8:16pm On Jan 26, 2010
Only on nairaland.com. . . . . .lol
Re: Should I Marry An Illiterate? Kindly Advise by Busybody2(f): 8:25pm On Jan 26, 2010
^^^

Ha, I can see aro is on recess again, but come oh, so soon? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Should I Marry An Illiterate? Kindly Advise by Meedu(m): 10:01pm On Jan 26, 2010
Boy! reading ur story is like watchin a nollywood movie, i hope say part 2 & 3 no dey comot?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Vanity Kills! :A Gallary Of Women With Booty Shots Gone Terribly Wrong / See What This Lady Said About Broke Boyfriends (photo) / See Chat Conversation Between A Bleep Boy And A Gal(pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.