Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,443 members, 7,823,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

Should I Marry An Illiterate? Kindly Advise - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Marry An Illiterate? Kindly Advise (5344 Views)

Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? / Can You Marry An Illiterate? / What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Marry An Illiterate? Kindly Advise by woye77: 11:29am On Jan 25, 2010
I am a boy of 21, dating a girl of 26. She loves me so much to the extent that she is ready to do anything for me. When we started, she hid her age from me, even when I told her mine.

We do plan to marry, but I am too young for her. She has tried to persuade me to get her pregnant to make our union acceptable to all.

Along the line I also discovered another major draw back. She can’t read or write. From that point I knew she has been lying to me all along, and instantly knew why she was so desperate to have me in her life.

Sincerely, her being illiterate doesn’t bother me as much as her age, a whopping five-year gap. To me, this is unacceptable.

In the last six months, I have been trying to avoid her, but she doesn’t want to leave me alone. Our relationship is running to a year and two months now. Please, I your advice on what to do.

Should I continue with her or terminate the relationship? Her family is very much aware of our relationship. I don’t know what to do.

Re: Should I Marry An Illiterate? Kindly Advise by Nobody: 11:58am On Jan 25, 2010
The ball is in ur court!!!!
Re: Should I Marry An Illiterate? Kindly Advise by VGA: 12:13pm On Jan 25, 2010
woye77:

I am a boy of 21, dating a girl of 26. She loves me so much to the extent that she is ready to do anything for me. When we started, she hid her age from me, even when I told her mine.

We do plan to marry, but I am too young for her. She has tried to persuade me to get her pregnant to make our union acceptable to all.

Along the line I also discovered another major draw back. She can’t read or write. From that point I knew she has been lying to me all along, and instantly knew why she was so desperate to have me in her life.

Sincerely, her being illiterate doesn’t bother me as much as her age, a whopping five-year gap. To me, this is unacceptable.

In the last six months, I have been trying to avoid her, but she doesn’t want to leave me alone. Our relationship is running to a year and two months now. Please, I your advice on what to do.

Should I continue with her or terminate the relationship? Her family is very much aware of our relationship. I don’t know what to do.

with your own level of education and exposure, please help her in anyway you can.
age is nothing the master said go into the world be fruitful and multiply.not to look
for educated person. remember, if you were like that. how would you feel. beside
have seen with this my korokoro eyes when a man marry a blind lady. so what are
you running about. come on my friend do the right thing for her
Re: Should I Marry An Illiterate? Kindly Advise by Lacuzy: 12:33pm On Jan 25, 2010
Hello dear evrything is in your court what do you want if you love her despite her shortcomings then go for her but have it in mind that for her to have lied about her age and other stuff she will still lie about other things.
Re: Should I Marry An Illiterate? Kindly Advise by perkey: 1:06pm On Jan 25, 2010
Man if you love her this lady so much, you can let go of this age and illitrate thing and marry her there's no big deal about it. Maybe it's DESTINEY.
Re: Should I Marry An Illiterate? Kindly Advise by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jan 25, 2010
VGA:

with your own level of education and exposure, please help her in anyway you can.
age is nothing the master said go into the world be fruitful and multiply.not to look
for educated person. remember, if you were like that. how would you feel. beside
have seen with this my korokoro eyes when a man marry a blind lady. so what are
you running about. come on my friend do the right thing for her

Thumps up for you.
Re: Should I Marry An Illiterate? Kindly Advise by whitelexi(m): 1:25pm On Jan 25, 2010
Dude, run for dear life!
Re: Should I Marry An Illiterate? Kindly Advise by Pweety4me(f): 10:32pm On Jan 25, 2010
Shut up and use ur asset duhhh ur brain! tongue
Re: Should I Marry An Illiterate? Kindly Advise by Abekeade08(f): 12:08am On Jan 26, 2010
Woye, this your tory too much sef. Everyday you switch between sexes. One day you post a fake story as a boy, the next day as a girl. I am starting to think to you are an hermaphodite, cos you don't know exactly what you really are.

NLanders, click on its profile and see all its posts to see what i am ranting about. (Yes, I have to call you an "it" cos I am not sure of your sex).
Re: Should I Marry An Illiterate? Kindly Advise by woye77: 12:14am On Jan 26, 2010
Abekeade08:

Woye, this your tory too much sef. Everyday you switch between sexes. One day you post a fake story as a boy, the next day as a girl. I am starting to think to you are a hermaphodite, cos you don't know exactly what you really are.

NLanders, click on its profile and see all its posts to see what i am ranting about. (Yes, I have to call you an "it" cos I am not sure of your sex).
abekeade u are so funny - POC - i'm not the boy in question - i only wanted to see people's reaction to the story smiley
Re: Should I Marry An Illiterate? Kindly Advise by H2O2: 12:16am On Jan 26, 2010
Depends on how badly illiterate she is.

Actually, hold that thought.  You just said her illiteracy isn't a bother.

@ Come off it brah.  Here you have a ostensibly good (young woman) willing to stand by you.  Genuinely in love with you as you stated.  Is ready to travel the world and back for you.  Despite the gap in age, if she isn't too rugged or sluggish looking?? I don't see why you can't proceed to get it on with her.  Don't be coerced into impregnating her though.  Only do it when ready.
Re: Should I Marry An Illiterate? Kindly Advise by THEAMAKA(f): 12:19am On Jan 26, 2010
wait, isn't this the same woye77?
first you are a male and here you are a female.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-387185.0.html
so what are you, really?? another attention seeker, sigh. . .
Re: Should I Marry An Illiterate? Kindly Advise by ibabalol: 12:22am On Jan 26, 2010
if you have to come here to ask if you should marry your girl, you probably should not marry her. but if she is fine with a big round juicy but and sexy abs, give her my email address moyinoloo@yahoo.com and scram because you sound like a loser
Re: Should I Marry An Illiterate? Kindly Advise by woye77: 12:26am On Jan 26, 2010
THE AMAKA:

wait, isn't this the same woye77?
first you are a male and here you are a female.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-387185.0.html
so what are you, really?? another attention seeker, sigh. . .
well spotted amaka but just like i told abekeade on this same thread, i am NOT the person involved in the article - i posted this to find out people's reaction to an issue like this - comprendo?
Re: Should I Marry An Illiterate? Kindly Advise by Fennie(f): 12:33am On Jan 26, 2010
You should ask yourself not us 'what you really want' because we don't know it.
Re: Should I Marry An Illiterate? Kindly Advise by SamMilla1(m): 12:40am On Jan 26, 2010
Marry her ASAP.
Re: Should I Marry An Illiterate? Kindly Advise by mamagee3(f): 12:40am On Jan 26, 2010
You shouldn't marry an illiterate for any reason.
Re: Should I Marry An Illiterate? Kindly Advise by Princek12(m): 1:41am On Jan 26, 2010
Thanks Amaka and Co for blowing this mofo's cover. Get the phuck outta Nairaland lying bhastard. Hermaphrodite idiot. I don't even think you know whether you are a hermaphrodite. If you need attention, seek medical help and stop fabricating stories to post on here.
Re: Should I Marry An Illiterate? Kindly Advise by woye77: 1:57am On Jan 26, 2010
Princek12:

Thanks Amaka and Co for blowing this mofo's cover. Get the phuck outta Nairaland lying bhastard. Hermaphrodite idiot. I don't even think you know whether you are a hermaphrodite. If you need attention, seek medical help and stop fabricating stories to post on here.
silence is the best answer - i won't come down to your gutter level wink
Re: Should I Marry An Illiterate? Kindly Advise by Smi1(m): 2:55am On Jan 26, 2010
Woye77 abeg carry your cross , because you are on your own !!! heheheh :d, just joking but you can go for her if you really you love her in the same way she loves you
Re: Should I Marry An Illiterate? Kindly Advise by lovemoi2(f): 3:35am On Jan 26, 2010
even when am drunk, i still think
am outa here
Re: Should I Marry An Illiterate? Kindly Advise by spoilt(f): 5:36am On Jan 26, 2010
5 years is whooping?
Re: Should I Marry An Illiterate? Kindly Advise by neily(f): 5:44am On Jan 26, 2010
I don't believe that age is nothing. 5 yrs is big. Women have a domineering spirit in them naturally. They can only bow if the guy is older. Even u, urself is too young 4 marriage. Be careful thats my advice.
Re: Should I Marry An Illiterate? Kindly Advise by bawomolo(m): 5:46am On Jan 26, 2010
5 years isn't that big.
Re: Should I Marry An Illiterate? Kindly Advise by r231(m): 6:28am On Jan 26, 2010
whateva you feel like
Re: Should I Marry An Illiterate? Kindly Advise by Kechukwu: 8:31am On Jan 26, 2010
Remember bn educated is nt a barrier of getting rich. God gives us the power to make wealth. Marry her if u love her and the two of u will find happness together. You can put her through she is not too old to go to school. Let her write her O level and can do her NCE and she will get a job.

Make ur plans and commit it to God
Re: Should I Marry An Illiterate? Kindly Advise by echobee(f): 8:32am On Jan 26, 2010
true talk
Re: Should I Marry An Illiterate? Kindly Advise by chidipupay(m): 8:53am On Jan 26, 2010
@poster
I cannot just advice u with ur little story. I will like to get a few answers from you
1. What language do you guys use in communicating?
2. Is the girl in question beatiful with a youthful body shape?
3. Does she have any irritating character you don't like
4. How are ur backgrounds like
5. What are ur fears?
Let start with these questions for now
Re: Should I Marry An Illiterate? Kindly Advise by sexyLeamon(f): 8:57am On Jan 26, 2010
Look mate, you knew that from the very beginning you cant change that now, you can expect her to get a masters now can you?
Education has no play in a relationship, understand that very clearly. What if you get a girl who is a double phd but she doesn't understand you?
Hope things work out well for you. You sound like a good and mature guy ,find the love inside her not her IQ level
Re: Should I Marry An Illiterate? Kindly Advise by abey2(m): 9:01am On Jan 26, 2010
May i tell u dat marriage shoudn't be rushed-into! Believe me, u ain't ready 4 marriage, just follow ur heart bt imagine hw old sh wud hv been say n five yrs time when u re eventualy ready, Marriage is nt about now alone,think d future!
Re: Should I Marry An Illiterate? Kindly Advise by abey2(m): 9:02am On Jan 26, 2010
May i tell u dat marriage shoudn't be rushed-into! Believe me, u ain't ready 4 marriage, just follow ur heart bt imagine hw old sh wud hv been say n five yrs time when u re eventualy ready, Marriage is nt about now alone,think d future!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Will You Do If You Find Out Your Guy Has This On The Day Of Honey Moon? / The Real Reasons Why Women Wear Waist Beads (Naija Version) / If You Had The Opportunity To Hav A One Nite Stand With A Celeb Who Wuld It Be

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.