Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,535 members, 7,812,664 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:06 PM

I Need Urgent Help On How To Prepare Ogbono Soup - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Need Urgent Help On How To Prepare Ogbono Soup (2740 Views)

Man Gives Lady N2k To Help Him Prepare Egusi Soup, She Did This / Please Help On Masturbation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Urgent Help On How To Prepare Ogbono Soup by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jun 20, 2017
Hello Romancelanders, please i need help on how to cook ogbono soup, bae is not around and i have been eating snacks for the pass 2 days now.
I need to eat something solid today, so i want to prepare ogbono soup but unfortunately for me, i don't know how to go about it embarassed

NL ladies make una come help me oooo cry

Cc Optional1
refiner
Mimzyy
Monalisa185

etc... etc..
Re: I Need Urgent Help On How To Prepare Ogbono Soup by Mimzyy(f): 2:51pm On Jun 20, 2017
Ingredients for Ogbono Soup

Assorted Meat and Fish: Beef, Shaki (cow tripe), Dry Fish, Stockfish
2 handfuls Ogbono Seeds
3 cooking spoons red palm oil
Vegetable: Frozen Spinach (you can also use Pumpkin leaves or even Bitterleaf)
1 handful crayfish
Pepper and Salt (To taste)
1 medium onion
2 stock cubes (Maggi/Knorr)

Before you cook Ogbono Soup

Grind the Ogbono with a dry mill.
Cut the frozen spinach when it is not completely defrosted. It is easier that way. Then when completely defrosted, squeeze out the excess water.
Cook the assorted meat with the stock cubes and onion. If you will use Shaki, remember to start cooking that first, then add beef when almost done.
Grind crayfish and pepper.
Boil some water and set aside.

Cooking Directions for Ogbono Soup

Pour the palm oil into a clean dry stainless steel or aluminium pot. Set on the stove and melt the oil at low heat. Remember, only melt the oil, do not allow it to heat up.
Once melted, turn off the heat and add the ground Ogbono.
Use your cooking spoon to dissolve the Ogbono in the oil.
When all the Ogbono powder has completely mixed with the oil, add the meat/fish stock (water from cooking the assorted meat and fish). Set the heat of your cooker to low and start stirring. You will notice the Ogbono start to thicken and draw.
Keep stirring till the Ogbono has completely absorbed the meat stock.
Add a small quantity of the hot water and stir till the Ogbono has absorbed all the water. Repeat this process till you get a consistency that is shown in the video below.
Making sure that your heat is set to low, cover the pot and start cooking. Once it starts to simmer, stir every 2-3 minutes for 20 minutes.
So what you'll do is: every 3 minutes or so, open the pot, stir every well, scraping the Ogbono that sticks to the base of the pot, cover the pot and cook for another 3 minutes.
After 20 minutes, the Ogbono should be well cooked and you will begin to perceive its nice flavour and aroma.
Add the assorted meat and fish, ground crayfish, salt and pepper to taste. The Ogbono may have become thicker from the cooking. If so, add a little bit more water and stir very well. Cover and cook till the contents of the pot is well heated up.
If you prefer your Ogbono Soup without vegetables, turn off the heat and serve but if you like to add a vegetable then keep reading smiley
When the contents of the pot have heated up, add the vegetable .Stir very well, cover the pot and turn off the heat. Leave to stand for about 5 minutes and serve

http://www.allnigerianrecipes.com/soups/ogbono-soup.html

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Need Urgent Help On How To Prepare Ogbono Soup by Papiikush: 2:53pm On Jun 20, 2017
* Heat up the red palm oil in a clean dry pot until hot. You can add minced onions if you like(adding onions is optional).

*Now, put off the heat and add the ground Ogbono into the hot oil. Dissolve the ogbono by pressing with the back of your spoon and stirring constantly .

*Now, put back on low heat, add a little water or meat stock, and leave to boil for a minute. You will notice that it has become thicker and has a slimy texture(

*Add more of the meat stock or water and leave to boil for 10 minutes; Stir the soup constantly so that it does not burn at the bottom.

*Then add the cooked dry fish, stock fish, assorted meat , stock cube, pepper, the ground crayfish and salt to taste.

*Mix well , cover and leave to simmer for about 10 minutes, you should check on it and stir the soup constantly to prevent burning. undecided

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Need Urgent Help On How To Prepare Ogbono Soup by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jun 20, 2017
watching a video Should be more lucid that just reading instructions. you've Got a YouTube App? Use it and find videos. smiley

3 Likes

Re: I Need Urgent Help On How To Prepare Ogbono Soup by optional1(f): 4:10pm On Jun 20, 2017
Caringguy:
Hello Romancelanders, please i need help on how to cook ogbono soup, bae is not around and i have been eating snacks for the pass 2 days now.
I need to eat something solid today, so i want to prepare ogbono soup but unfortunately for me, i don't know how to go about it embarassed

Cc Optional
reiner
Mim
Monalisa5

etc... etc..

lolz boo ogbonno soup u mean...
Just bring ur cooler i prepared ogbonno soup today..
On the table right now self.
Ogbonno soup is bae..

Private dear
Re: I Need Urgent Help On How To Prepare Ogbono Soup by optional1(f): 4:13pm On Jun 20, 2017
Mimzyy:

2 handfuls Ogbono Seeds
1 handful crayfish
1 medium onion

Cut the frozen spinach when it is not completely defrosted. It is easier that way. Then when completely defrosted, squeeze out the excess water.
Cook the assorted meat with the stock cubes and onion. If you will use Shaki, remember to start cooking that first, then add beef when almost done.

Pour the palm oil into a clean dry stainless steel or aluminium pot. Set on the stove and melt the oil at low heat. Remember, only melt the oil, do not allow it to heat up.
When all the Ogbono powder has completely mixed with the oil, add the meat/fish stock (water from cooking the assorted meat and fish). Set the heat of your cooker to low and start stirring. You will notice the Ogbono start to thicken and draw.
Add a small quantity of the hot water and stir till the Ogbono has absorbed all the water. Repeat this process till you get a consistency that is shown in the video below.
Making sure that your heat is set to low, cover the pot and start cooking. Once it starts to simmer, stir every 2-3 minutes for 20 minutes.
So what you'll do is: every 3 minutes or so, open the pot, stir every well, scraping the Ogbono that sticks to the base of the pot, cover the pot and cook for another 3 minutes.
After 20 minutes, the Ogbono should be well cooked and you will begin to perceive its nice flavour and aroma.
Add the assorted meat and fish, ground crayfish, salt and pepper to taste. The Ogbono may have become thicker from the cooking. If so, add a little bit more water and stir very well. Cover and cook till the contents of the pot is well heated up.
If you prefer your Ogbono Soup without vegetables, turn off the heat and serve but if you like to add a vegetable then keep reading smiley
When the contents of the pot have heated up, add the vegetable .Stir very well, cover the pot and turn off the heat. Leave to stand for about 5 minutes and serve

aunt you wan kill caringguy
all this ontop of ogbonno soup.
Re: I Need Urgent Help On How To Prepare Ogbono Soup by optional1(f): 4:51pm On Jun 20, 2017
Papiikush:
* Heat up the red palm oil in a clean dry pot until hot. You can add minced onions if you like(adding onions is optional).

. undecided

no wonder you no gree marry...

Papiikush:
[b] * Heat up the red palm oil in a clean dry pot until hot. You can add minced onions if you like(adding onions is optional).

. undecided

[/b]
Papiikush:

. undecided

But why u come add optional for the onions matter.
Re: I Need Urgent Help On How To Prepare Ogbono Soup by Papiikush: 4:53pm On Jun 20, 2017
optional1:

But why u come add optional for the onions matter.

better change your moniker. To "main" instead of optional grin
Re: I Need Urgent Help On How To Prepare Ogbono Soup by optional1(f): 4:57pm On Jun 20, 2017
Papiikush:

better change your moniker. To "main" instead of optional grin

help me change am jor
Re: I Need Urgent Help On How To Prepare Ogbono Soup by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jun 20, 2017
optional1:

aunt you wan kill carin.gguy
all this ontop of ogbonno soup.
I nor cook again sef, the process is too long embarassed
Re: I Need Urgent Help On How To Prepare Ogbono Soup by optional1(f): 5:27pm On Jun 20, 2017
Caringguy:
I nor cook again sef, the process is too long embarassed

Lolz
Simple style dey oh.

Just go marry abeg.
Re: I Need Urgent Help On How To Prepare Ogbono Soup by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jun 20, 2017
optional1:

Lolz
Simple style dey oh.

Just go marry abeg.
Oya tell me the simple style weda i fit try am smiley

I never get money to take
marry.
Re: I Need Urgent Help On How To Prepare Ogbono Soup by optional1(f): 6:36pm On Jun 20, 2017
Caringguy:

marry.

na igbo girl you wan marry?? Why you never get money?
Re: I Need Urgent Help On How To Prepare Ogbono Soup by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jun 20, 2017
Caringguy:

Cc Optional1
refiner
Mimzyy
Monalisa185

etc... etc..
Download d video from YouTube
Re: I Need Urgent Help On How To Prepare Ogbono Soup by feelgoodInc: 6:42pm On Jun 20, 2017
Wetin and Wetin you don't buy to prepare am?
Re: I Need Urgent Help On How To Prepare Ogbono Soup by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jun 20, 2017
Caringguy:

marry.
Go collect loan na
Re: I Need Urgent Help On How To Prepare Ogbono Soup by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jun 20, 2017
optional1:

na igbo girl you wan marry?? Why you never get money?
Yes oh, na Igbo girl i wan marry cheesy

You know say their bride price na like 2 plot of land mooney grin
Re: I Need Urgent Help On How To Prepare Ogbono Soup by feelgoodInc: 6:44pm On Jun 20, 2017
buy tin tomatoes, buy small geisha, small Maggi, pepper, and groundnut oil.

and you're on,..... who remember this.
Re: I Need Urgent Help On How To Prepare Ogbono Soup by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jun 20, 2017
Nma27:
Go collect loan na
Waiting i wan use take collect the loan
Re: I Need Urgent Help On How To Prepare Ogbono Soup by feelgoodInc: 6:47pm On Jun 20, 2017
put the groundnut oil oil on fire when it's done put the tomatoes and tin tomatoes fry for some time add the geisha and prepare garri, I you think the food is too red add small vegetable enter that mama ngozi farm plug at least one leaf.

then prepare garri chop am, come tomorrow I'll show you another style.

make me remember my school days.
Re: I Need Urgent Help On How To Prepare Ogbono Soup by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jun 20, 2017
feelgoodInc:
put the groundnut oil oil on fire when it's done put the tomatoes and tin tomatoes fry for some time add the geisha and prepare garri, I you think the food is too red add small vegetable enter that mama ngozi farm plug at least one leaf.

then prepare garri chop am, come tomorrow I'll show you another style.

make me remember my school days.
Which kind cooking style be this again?grin
Re: I Need Urgent Help On How To Prepare Ogbono Soup by optional1(f): 7:00pm On Jun 20, 2017
Caringguy:
Yes oh, na Igbo girl i wan marry cheesy
You know say their bride price na like 2 plot of land mooney grin

abeg oh
our money too much, u no fit handle our price oh...

Just siddon marry ur own pesin oh.
Re: I Need Urgent Help On How To Prepare Ogbono Soup by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jun 20, 2017
optional1:

abeg oh

our money too much, u no fit handle our price oh...

Just siddon marry ur own pesin oh.
Na Igbo girl i must marry o..
I don get half of the bride price, by the end of the year e go complete, so just tell your mama coz i'm coming for you grin
Re: I Need Urgent Help On How To Prepare Ogbono Soup by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jun 20, 2017
All these for ogbono? shocked
Mimzyy:

2 handfuls Ogbono Seeds
1 handful crayfish
1 medium onion

Re: I Need Urgent Help On How To Prepare Ogbono Soup by optional1(f): 9:08pm On Jun 20, 2017
Caringguy:
Na Igbo girl i must marry o..
I don get half of the bride price, by the end of the year e go complete, so just tell your mama coz i'm coming for you grin

thank God my dad is a nairalander.

Him and mama will discuss in their bedroom.
Re: I Need Urgent Help On How To Prepare Ogbono Soup by optional1(f): 9:10pm On Jun 20, 2017
Jacksparr0w127:
All these for ogbono? shocked

i too fear oh
soup wey b say president daughter no go chop inside..
Re: I Need Urgent Help On How To Prepare Ogbono Soup by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jun 20, 2017
optional1:

i too fear oh

soup wey b say president daughter no go chop inside..
na for YouTube I dey learn my own cooking. Na for there I learn how to cook ogbono

1 Like

Re: I Need Urgent Help On How To Prepare Ogbono Soup by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jun 20, 2017
optional1:

thank God my dad is a nairalander.

Him and mama will discuss in their bedroom.
Ok... I will be waiting...

But abeg make sure say make nobody swim for that your river of glory again., na my own now grin

1 Like

Re: I Need Urgent Help On How To Prepare Ogbono Soup by optional1(f): 9:32pm On Jun 20, 2017
Jacksparr0w127:
na for YouTube I dey learn my own cooking. Na for there I learn how to cook ogbono

cool

but make una do go marry jor.
E don tey i cho wedding rice.
Re: I Need Urgent Help On How To Prepare Ogbono Soup by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jun 20, 2017
optional1:

cool

I go marry next month cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Need Urgent Help On How To Prepare Ogbono Soup by optional1(f): 9:38pm On Jun 20, 2017
Caringguy:
Ok... I will be waiting...

But abeg make sure say make nobody swim for that your river of glory again., na my own now grin

*that ur river of glory again* abeg na which day i tell u say i get pool of river.

*na my own now* old man nd his wife get finally answer for you.
Re: I Need Urgent Help On How To Prepare Ogbono Soup by Martin0(m): 9:39pm On Jun 20, 2017
optional1:

cool

na with that small mouth abi another one dey wey we never see?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

+18 Nude Photos / Download. Album Lana Del Rey Honeymoon Full Zip / Male Student Propose To His Girlfriend In Class, See Reactions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.