Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,611 members, 7,823,658 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

Ever Been In A Relationship Or Work Under A Perfectionist? Share Your Experience - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ever Been In A Relationship Or Work Under A Perfectionist? Share Your Experience (16241 Views)

Am I In A Relationship Or A Game? Confused! / 8 Reasons Not To Marry A Perfectionist - Opinion / Anything Wrong With Being A Perfectionist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ever Been In A Relationship Or Work Under A Perfectionist? Share Your Experience by slayking(m): 9:25pm On Aug 16, 2017
Being a perfectionist, I'm sure being in a relationship with me must be a tough job . undecided

Did anyone notice that perfectionist are usually good in photography and make up artistry. They're usually good at anything visually stimulating. grin

1 Like

Re: Ever Been In A Relationship Or Work Under A Perfectionist? Share Your Experience by Iduatei(m): 9:27pm On Aug 16, 2017
McLove:
To perfectionists, anything other than Perfect is a no no for them! Have you ever been in a relationship with a perfectionist or you have one as your boss at work? Please share your experience and let's learn from you

Yes its so so bad, if you're not strong it affects your self esteem.
Ma experience was wit a fam friend, mehn e made living with him as close to hell.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ever Been In A Relationship Or Work Under A Perfectionist? Share Your Experience by amakabel: 9:28pm On Aug 16, 2017
relationships sulks
Re: Ever Been In A Relationship Or Work Under A Perfectionist? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 9:33pm On Aug 16, 2017
My dad is a perfectionist and at times he breaks my heart when he talks rudely about things I do...I'm not perfect and I'm not asking to be perfect ...Growing up with him was tough but now I'm used to it nd he's helped me become a better person today...I love u daddy

1 Like

Re: Ever Been In A Relationship Or Work Under A Perfectionist? Share Your Experience by ireneidiva(f): 9:42pm On Aug 16, 2017
wunmi590:
Honestly, if both parties are perfectionist, what matter most is communication, when it comes to relationship.

I am a perfectionist so as my fiancée, but we just make sure we understand each others taste and need, and thank God, things have been perfect.

Though sometimes, but not always that act still comes to play, but both party just over look it.

Sometimes if I want to help her lay bed, my fiancée would just stop me from doing it, because she wants to lay it to her taste like this this one below.

Anything short of the below picture is a turn off for her, Infact that's not her taste, she just had to rush to lay it that day because we were already late to where, we were going.
Make her bed not 'lay' her bed abeg.
Re: Ever Been In A Relationship Or Work Under A Perfectionist? Share Your Experience by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 9:45pm On Aug 16, 2017
Most comments here are not describing a perfectionist.
Perfectionist are people who believe that thing are only done well by them. And will castigate what others do which may be better than theirs.
The food is only good if they are the ones that cooked it
The clothes are only clean if they are the ones that washed them.
The house in not well mopped since someone else mopped it
This wedding was bad because they were not involved in the planning.
Who dressed this bed, you didn't know you would place the sheets this wat or that way?
Who washed this car, you didn't do it well even when they themselves don't do it better.
Nothing that anyone does is right except they did it themselves.
Ice been around a perfectionist and it can be very annoying.
They might not know how to do any of those things but will castigate those who do it and praise themselves even when they can't do it well.
It's a personality disoder and its different from being principle.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Been In A Relationship Or Work Under A Perfectionist? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 9:48pm On Aug 16, 2017
Hiccups:
shocked I do not subscribe to existence of any perfectionist or in other words Perfectionist can never exist. Maybe I need to understand more

I agree with you a million percent!!! Perfection is something UNHUMAN. We can only tend towards perfection those who tend to make man perfect by the very meaning of the word end up dehumanizing him or her. We can only be as an ARTIST. Art humanizes as we never cease from learning and feeling our way through. I agree with you! To me, it more or less an EGO thing 'PERFECTIONIST' as a human being means ZERO tolerance not an atom of mistake. ITS IMPOSSIBLE AS LONG AS YOU ARE HUMAN. Its a sheer fantasy.

1 Like

Re: Ever Been In A Relationship Or Work Under A Perfectionist? Share Your Experience by chamboy(m): 9:49pm On Aug 16, 2017
Wonder why they are not always rich.
Re: Ever Been In A Relationship Or Work Under A Perfectionist? Share Your Experience by MissJoy29(f): 9:57pm On Aug 16, 2017
It's a pity you clearly don't know the difference between grammatical errors and typographical errors. Look at everything the person wrote. Does it look like he/she doesn't speak or write good English? Another problem of perfectionists is that they have the tendency to be too critical & too judgemental. Since you left everything he/she wrote & only concentrated on the TYPOGRAPHICAL error, are you sure you are not part of us? Yes, I am a perfectionist. Though I know it's not too bad but only if you realise how mentally draining it could be & try to loosen up & cut people some slacks. I'm still learning to adjust & will continue to. But what of you
ikp120:

Even your English proves how hypocritical it's to be a perfectionist. Rest in peace English. Hehehehehe grin grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Been In A Relationship Or Work Under A Perfectionist? Share Your Experience by wunmi590(m): 9:59pm On Aug 16, 2017
ireneidiva:

Make her bed not 'lay' her bed abeg.

Thanks for the correction ma'am cool
Re: Ever Been In A Relationship Or Work Under A Perfectionist? Share Your Experience by Abiagirl777(f): 10:03pm On Aug 16, 2017
bump
Re: Ever Been In A Relationship Or Work Under A Perfectionist? Share Your Experience by Abiagirl777(f): 10:04pm On Aug 16, 2017
ff

1 Like

Re: Ever Been In A Relationship Or Work Under A Perfectionist? Share Your Experience by harriet412(f): 10:05pm On Aug 16, 2017
Some people will come here and be claiming perfectionist undecided
Re: Ever Been In A Relationship Or Work Under A Perfectionist? Share Your Experience by Nathan2016: 10:12pm On Aug 16, 2017
nkemdi89:
I met a perfectionist and I am grateful for his impact on my life, he doesn't joke with time and he hate promises, and he is very strict with business , speak out your mind than hiding and dying in silence .let your yes be yes and he is very principled. I have use most of his strategies on others and it works for me. Initially it was difficult sticking to it because as a political animal, I am used to making bogus promises, it was disappointing not keeping up to it and also embarrassing on my own part as it makes me a ridicule of myself and looks not trust worthy. God bless you Mr K.

Thats not a perfectionist. Thats a principled guy

Perfectionist is gotten from perfect bae....

like if he wants to wash a plate, he will wash it and arrange it to a point there will be no stain, water or any stuff around. the house is neat 247, cloth well arrange and ironed , if you keep something unintentionally, he will take it and put it in an order for it to look perfect..

TRUST ME, THEY CAN DRIVE YOU CRAZY...

SO u didnt meet a perfectionist....

you just met a high standard principled guy

2 Likes

Re: Ever Been In A Relationship Or Work Under A Perfectionist? Share Your Experience by sontoly2(m): 10:12pm On Aug 16, 2017
My dad is a perfectionist very annoying and am beginning to worry that its slowly affecting me as well, he is the most perfect followed by the senior brother, cos he always referred to me as the clumsiest.

I always point it out to him that if he was that all knowing and doesn't make mistake then he should have been richer than dangote. Yes most perfectionist are not that successful cos they always look down on people and believe only them can do the work better, therefore subjecting them self to lost of stress.

When he starts complaining I just let him do the work, at the end his body will tell on him.

Also he is principled so I will say perfectionist is the extreme side of principle, I call it principle abuse.

1 Like

Re: Ever Been In A Relationship Or Work Under A Perfectionist? Share Your Experience by Pearllait(f): 10:14pm On Aug 16, 2017
Davidgrey:
I'm a perfectionist(not the narcissistic kind) but i try to be open-minded most times and it's mentally demanding

Personally i would advice anyone dealing with a perfectionist to not take his/her outrageous personality personal

Always communicate your feelings, stand your ground

As much as i love having things my way, I still listen and show empathy.
Thank you... I have lived with a perfectionist and my experience can't be typed. the good thing is i am glad i was able to speak out when i had the opportunity to.
Re: Ever Been In A Relationship Or Work Under A Perfectionist? Share Your Experience by sontoly2(m): 10:17pm On Aug 16, 2017
ikp120:

Even your English proves how hypocritical it's to be a perfectionist. Rest in peace English. Hehehehehe grin grin grin

you seems like a perfectionist too, try get some help pls, its very bad.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Been In A Relationship Or Work Under A Perfectionist? Share Your Experience by Prestige16(m): 10:18pm On Aug 16, 2017
wunmi590:
Honestly, if both parties are perfectionist, what matter most is communication, when it comes to relationship.

I am a perfectionist so as my fiancée, but we just make sure we understand each others taste and need, and thank God, things have been perfect.

Though sometimes, but not always that act still comes to play, but both party just over look it.

Sometimes if I want to help make her bed, my fiancée would just stop me from doing it, because she wants to make it to her taste like this this one below.

Anything short of the below picture is a turn off for her, Infact that's not her taste, she just had to rush to make it that day because we were already late to where, we were going.

With the way this room looks, am suspecting there is an intimacy gadget neatly hidden somewhere...
Re: Ever Been In A Relationship Or Work Under A Perfectionist? Share Your Experience by wunmi590(m): 10:19pm On Aug 16, 2017
Prestige16:

With the way this room looks, am suspecting there is an intimacy gadget neatly hidden somewhere...

Lol, for wetin? grin
Re: Ever Been In A Relationship Or Work Under A Perfectionist? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 10:26pm On Aug 16, 2017
MissJoy29:

I'm still learning to adjust & will continue to. But what of you

And you call yourself a perfectionist. "Learning to adjust?!" You made topo errors or whatever kind of error is still an error which makes us IMPERFECT but humans. Why cant we just accept our being as one who make mistakes that is exactly what Ikp120 is pointing at. Too say "i'm still learning to adjust " is a disqualification of yourself by your self. What adjustment if being a perfectionist means what it ought to me. We are not perfect! We will always and always come across people who are better than we are. The best thing is to be humble and learn and that is the path to fulfilment.

1 Like

Re: Ever Been In A Relationship Or Work Under A Perfectionist? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 10:29pm On Aug 16, 2017
Buhari
Re: Ever Been In A Relationship Or Work Under A Perfectionist? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 10:31pm On Aug 16, 2017
MISSCONGENIALITY:
Most comments here are not describing a perfectionist.
Perfectionist are people who believe that thing are only done well by them. And will castigate what others do which may be better than theirs.
The food is only good if they are the ones that cooked it
The clothes are only clean if they are the ones that washed them.
The house in not well mopped since someone else mopped it
This wedding was bad because they were not involved in the planning.
Who dressed this bed, you didn't know you would place the sheets this wat or that way?
Who washed this car, you didn't do it well even when they themselves don't do it better.
Nothing that anyone does is right except they did it themselves.
Ice been around a perfectionist and it can be very annoying.
They might not know how to do any of those things but will castigate those who do it and praise themselves even when they can't do it well.
It's a personality disoder and its different from being principle.

Very TRUE, its really, really a PERSONALITY DISORDER which has its root in the HUMAN EGO. That all hating 'I' which thrives at the misfortunes of others.

1 Like

Re: Ever Been In A Relationship Or Work Under A Perfectionist? Share Your Experience by emiarire(f): 10:32pm On Aug 16, 2017
98% of them are not realistic n r fake. If left alone, they dont wont care abt things been done perfectly. Try to please them and u will be miserable for the rest of your life.
Re: Ever Been In A Relationship Or Work Under A Perfectionist? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 10:32pm On Aug 16, 2017
LordKO:
Show me a self-acclaimed perfectionist and I will point to you a hypocrite of the highest order. I've always have them around me in most of my endeavors and my diplomatic nature always help me to have them under my submission in the long run of associating with them.

Their major attributes are conceitedness and disingenuousness, so when you come across them mete out an effacing and conscientious attitudes towards them and see them come to your submission.

Perfectionist shouldn't be mistaken for conscientious/principled people.
Oga, you are not communicating at all.

Don't misunderstand, I want to learn from you. Please break it down for the average Joe like me.

1 Like

Re: Ever Been In A Relationship Or Work Under A Perfectionist? Share Your Experience by onegig(m): 10:36pm On Aug 16, 2017
People seem to be mistaking the word perfectionist with something else. Being principled, striving for excellence and unwavering is a different word and entire thing.

A perfectionist is a negative adjective and anyone alluding to baving such traits needs to make a review of what life is really about and see a counsellor.

You would just die of depression. The earth is made of imperfect things and that's why it so beautiful; so why would a mere mortal tend to achieve perfectionism? Can you even attain perfection? Nope

A perfectionist would never appreciate the little efforts and beautiful things around them . They always criticize and believe nothing anyone does is good enough and no wonder they are never happy because happiness is appreciating the average while embracing your lack of (imperfections).
Re: Ever Been In A Relationship Or Work Under A Perfectionist? Share Your Experience by clemmonce(m): 10:41pm On Aug 16, 2017
Evaberry:
Yes my former

He is the definition of a perfectionist

Lost interest in the Job because of him

He doesn't allow anyone do anything if he's not involve, perfectionist usually feels only them can get the job done and others will only impede them

Flee from perfectionist
they will drive u insane

correct... I just detest them... always wanting to get involve in everything. they feel only them can do a job well. I presently work with one she is my immediate boss. what i do is to just ignore her and leave the work for her since she can't take her eyes of the job... She got the message nowadays she just leaves me.. She knows I don't like that attitude.
Re: Ever Been In A Relationship Or Work Under A Perfectionist? Share Your Experience by clemmonce(m): 10:46pm On Aug 16, 2017
PatriotTemidayo:
What majority of people termed as perfectionism is actually PRINCIPLE and professionalism.

Some people are so lazy, instruction piece them like needles, some are so complacent; they want things to remain how they've been for ages, but they complain how white people achieve so much and we dont.

Try managing Nigerian workers and you'll need OXYGEN support in just two months.

There are wonderful Nigerians, who understand that workplace is guided by strict rules for performance and we have those that want money but never want to be corrected, or directed, or even shown when things are not done right.

Though there are few people who are perfectionists in the real sense of it, but I can tell you that some girls and guys just think they should be pitied or given favourable treatment just because they are girls or young men. Na!

Me myself I hate perfectionists, but we get it mixed up sometimes.

kiss
I understand your drift.. I as person I like things being done very well... let us add value to what we are doing... What I don't like are bosses that feel they have to be involve in everything even things that don't concern them... They always feel without their presence things cannot move.. I love things being done well and following the status quo we need to improve on everything we do.. But perfectionist is a no no

1 Like

Re: Ever Been In A Relationship Or Work Under A Perfectionist? Share Your Experience by MissJoy29(f): 10:55pm On Aug 16, 2017
Being a perfectionist doesn't mean we are perfect. It just means that some things (mostly irrelevant) bother us a lot more than others. That's why it's emotionally, psychologically, and mentally draining cos we realise no one is perfect yet we tend to like "enforce" perfection. And the more it seems impossible, the more we continue to enforce it, hence the DRAINING! Except you realise that you are just going round in circles & loosen up, you could drive yourself insane

WORDWORLD:

And you call yourself a perfectionist. "Learning to adjust?!" You made topo errors or whatever kind of error is still an error which makes us IMPERFECT but humans. Why cant we just accept our being as one who make mistakes that is exactly what Ikp120 is pointing at. Too say "i'm still learning to adjust " is a disqualification of yourself by your self. What adjustment if being a perfectionist means what it ought to me. We are not perfect! We will always and always come across people who are better than we are. The best thing is to be humble and learn and that is the path to fulfilment.
Re: Ever Been In A Relationship Or Work Under A Perfectionist? Share Your Experience by Ramos16(m): 10:58pm On Aug 16, 2017
wunmi590:

Sometimes if I want to help make her bed, my fiancée would just stop me from doing it, because she wants to make it to her taste like this this one below.

Anything short of the below picture is a turn off for her, In fact that's not her taste, she just had to rush to make it that day because we were already late to where, we were going.

My brother I can boldly tell you there is nothing perfect about that picture, teddy bear not sitting properly, measuring tape on the bed, sewing machine out of place, there is not a thing that is perfect in that room, you try to keep your room neat, fine, but there is nothing perfect about that, look at those books on the bed, it irks my body, and then the forest just outside your window, how do you even sleep at night, if you are a perfectionist you will place that wall frame properly to be rectangular, I know it is your style but I am a little OCD for regular common shapes. I can see paint stains too on your window pane, your bed is okay, but the sheet is too thin, I can almost see the mattress.
Re: Ever Been In A Relationship Or Work Under A Perfectionist? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 11:04pm On Aug 16, 2017
MissJoy29:

Being a perfectionist doesn't mean we are perfect. It just means that some things (mostly irrelevant) bother us a lot more than others. That's why it's emotionally, psychologically, and mentally draining cos we realise no one is perfect yet we tend to like "enforce" perfection. And the more it seems impossible, the more we continue to enforce it, hence the DRAINING! Except you realise that you are just going round in circles & loosen up, you could drive yourself insane

Hence a tend towards being perfect but not perfect. From my studies such a mind set are hardly happy cos the mostly lack satisfaction and likewise those around them dont so much find happiness by being with them due to their always complaining and criticizing. Lets take it easy on ourselves . WE REALLY HAVE NOTHING TO PROOF TO ANY ONE. And why should irrelevance be a bother. To be bothered about irrelevant things is to be lacking in efficiency. Efficiency focuses on SIGNIFICANCE NOT TRIVIALITIES.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Busty Ghanaian Model Who Doesn't Wear A Bra Flaunts Her Jaw-dropping Boobs / My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because Of Age Difference / Sleeping Positions With Your Spouse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.