Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,089 members, 7,821,763 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

Name One Superstition You Believed As A Kid - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Name One Superstition You Believed As A Kid (3323 Views)

What's The Craziest Lie You Believed Because You Were In Love? / Couple Who Met In Primary School Got Married & Have A Kid Who Now Attends Same / What Were Those Superstitious Things You Believed In When You Were Younger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Name One Superstition You Believed As A Kid by mespusinglez(m): 12:30pm On Jun 21, 2017
well the superstition I believed back then was that.
" If someone bite you,just rub fowl shit on it. That person's teeth will fall..."
I know some kids still believe this
lets hear from you guys
#

2 Likes

Re: Name One Superstition You Believed As A Kid by QueenSuccubus(f): 12:37pm On Jun 21, 2017
For the Single ladies:

Do not sing any song (especially LOVE song) while cooking...Old ppol say you will end up marrying a widower with lots of kids embarassed cry

2 Likes

Re: Name One Superstition You Believed As A Kid by Hotshawarma(m): 12:42pm On Jun 21, 2017
When your ears are hitching it means people are talking about you somewhere at that moment...

2 Likes

Re: Name One Superstition You Believed As A Kid by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jun 21, 2017
Don't wear red cloth to bed else miss koin-koin would come for your head.

1 Like

Re: Name One Superstition You Believed As A Kid by mespusinglez(m): 12:50pm On Jun 21, 2017
QueenSuccubus:
For the Single ladies:

Do not sing any song (especially LOVE song) while cooking...Old ppol say you will end up marrying a widower with lots of kids embarassed cry

wonderful
very strange
Re: Name One Superstition You Believed As A Kid by Martin0(m): 1:00pm On Jun 21, 2017
QueenSuccubus:
For the Single ladies:

wa na oooo,nor get weitin I nor go hear,iz da a treat to singles or what?
Re: Name One Superstition You Believed As A Kid by Lionessza(f): 1:04pm On Jun 21, 2017
An itchy hand means you will recieve some money grin

3 Likes

Re: Name One Superstition You Believed As A Kid by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jun 21, 2017
Lionessza:
I believe this one. Still happens to me.

3 Likes

Re: Name One Superstition You Believed As A Kid by Lionessza(f): 1:11pm On Jun 21, 2017
Nma27:

Really?. Have you received any cash after having an itchy hand ?. If so could it have been a coincidence, maybe? grin
Re: Name One Superstition You Believed As A Kid by Lionessza(f): 1:12pm On Jun 21, 2017
QueenSuccubus:
For the Single ladies:

Lol, this has to be the weirdest of them all.
Re: Name One Superstition You Believed As A Kid by cerowo(f): 1:13pm On Jun 21, 2017
Dnt hiss in d night, it attracts snakes cry

5 Likes

Re: Name One Superstition You Believed As A Kid by QueenSuccubus(f): 1:26pm On Jun 21, 2017
Martin0:
wa na oooo,nor get weitin I nor go hear,iz da a treat to singles or what?

grin

Eehhnn..my country sha so many superstitious beliefs..this is juz one of em...
Re: Name One Superstition You Believed As A Kid by mespusinglez(m): 2:39pm On Jun 21, 2017
Lionessza:
that's the popular one
I still believe it till date

1 Like

Re: Name One Superstition You Believed As A Kid by mespusinglez(m): 2:40pm On Jun 21, 2017
cerowo:
Dnt hiss in d night, it attracts snakes cry
chai
Re: Name One Superstition You Believed As A Kid by Martin0(m): 2:59pm On Jun 21, 2017
QueenSuccubus:

grin

Eehhnn..my country sha so many superstitious beliefs..this is juz one of em...

mehn myths dey sha,nor get weitin I nor go hear,all this their 419believs my hear word eee
Re: Name One Superstition You Believed As A Kid by lammylam(f): 3:23pm On Jun 21, 2017
don't put your hands out when rain is falling if u do thunder will strike u

don't beat the wall if u do it will come to u in d middle of d night and beat u silly

don't whistle at night it attracts snakes

as a lady don't whistle atall if u do your boobs won't grow( welll i do whistle alot and my boobs is huge enough)
Re: Name One Superstition You Believed As A Kid by lammylam(f): 3:28pm On Jun 21, 2017
Lionessza:

something similar to this is if u wear your cloth inside out it means u gonna receive money

2 Likes

Re: Name One Superstition You Believed As A Kid by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jun 21, 2017
Lionessza:
I remember when I was a kid,they used to say if your ear is ringing and itching,it means someone out there is gossiping about you

2 Likes

Re: Name One Superstition You Believed As A Kid by WORLDPEACE(m): 8:30pm On Jun 21, 2017
Lionessza:
Or steal some.

2 Likes

Re: Name One Superstition You Believed As A Kid by ExpensiveG: 8:51pm On Jun 21, 2017
*If belle dey worry you(stomach pain), rub your saliva e go stopgrin

*If person call your name and you no see dey person, shout no be me you dey call. if not something bad go happen grin

*If you bite your tongue, person dey talk about you. grin

*If rain dey fall and sun dey shine, Elephant dey born pikingrin

*If person leak pears finish come throw seed for wall and em call your name, your head go break.. grin

grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Name One Superstition You Believed As A Kid by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jun 21, 2017
If your snacks fall for ground, no pick am.

Because satan dan kiss am

1 Like

Re: Name One Superstition You Believed As A Kid by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jun 21, 2017
Lionessza:

Really?. Have you received any cash after having an itchy hand ?. If so could it have been a coincidence, maybe? grin
Happens frequently

1 Like

Re: Name One Superstition You Believed As A Kid by mespusinglez(m): 10:39pm On Jun 21, 2017
ExpensiveG:
*If belle dey worry you(stomach pain), rub your saliva e go stopgrin

*If person call your name and you no see dey person, shout no be me you dey call. if not something bad go happen grin

*If you bite your tongue, person dey talk about you. grin

*If rain dey fall and sun dey shine, Elephant dey born pikingrin

*If person leak pears finish come throw seed for wall and em call your name, your head go break.. grin

grin
chai

1 Like

Re: Name One Superstition You Believed As A Kid by Leriebloom(f): 11:11pm On Jun 21, 2017
If you stand and eat your food would go to your legs grin grin
If you play at night, boogey man would come for you grin
angry
If you sneeze someone is talking about you. grin
If your palm is scratching you, money is coming grin cool

2 Likes

Re: Name One Superstition You Believed As A Kid by PeggySandas(f): 11:16pm On Jun 21, 2017
That your stupid bus conductor is a brainless pig! Though I latter found out it way far from superstition!

No wonder your life is so empty!

1 Like

Re: Name One Superstition You Believed As A Kid by senibo1: 11:18pm On Jun 21, 2017
Nma27:
undecided undecided
Re: Name One Superstition You Believed As A Kid by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jun 21, 2017
If you cross your leg over a child's head, they'll remain short. Unless you reverse it.

If someone crosses over your leg, your children will look like that person. Unless they reverse it.

If someone hits you with a broom (or broomstick), the back of the broom must be knocked on the ground. Don't remember the repercussions.

1 Like

Re: Name One Superstition You Believed As A Kid by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jun 21, 2017
Don't kill wall gecko's cus if you do, all your breakable plates and cups will break.

1 Like

Re: Name One Superstition You Believed As A Kid by westlius(m): 2:36am On Jun 22, 2017
I remembered I used knife to scare my younger bro when I was small after d treat I fall the knife three times on the ground bfor dropping it because I believe I will sleep walk and stab him at night. in fact that was d last day I played with knives

2 Likes

Re: Name One Superstition You Believed As A Kid by mespusinglez(m): 2:54am On Jun 22, 2017
wizzyrich:
Don't kill wall gecko's cus if you do, all your breakable plates and cups will break.
wonderful angry
wizzyrich:
wonderful
Re: Name One Superstition You Believed As A Kid by Lionessza(f): 6:44am On Jun 22, 2017
Nma27:
Happens frequently

Oh?. Amazing.
Re: Name One Superstition You Believed As A Kid by Lionessza(f): 6:44am On Jun 22, 2017
WORLDPEACE:

Or steal some.

LMFAO, I've never heard that part though. grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Should She Tell Him About The Abortions History Before Getting Marriage? / Pls Who Can Get This For Me In Abuja!! (I Will Pay) / Don't Feel Love Anymore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.