Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,090 members, 7,818,277 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua (38832 Views)

DECEIT (short Story) By Amponsem Akosua / Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua / Soyinka Risks Jail Term If He Cuts The Green Card: Legal Expert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by bummybummy(f): 12:47pm On Jul 09, 2017
next update maam
Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by OVI75(m): 1:05pm On Jul 09, 2017
Godamm it,I Like Marian,She Shud Make a Better Wife than The Slay Mamas Upandan...

Sureg Oya More Oil To yr Pen

1 Like

Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by OVI75(m): 1:06pm On Jul 09, 2017
Divepen1 ,I dey Here

1 Like

Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by Boomboost(m): 1:07pm On Jul 09, 2017
You're doing a good job, the updates too short abeg.

1 Like

Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by Adeyife(m): 1:38pm On Jul 09, 2017
Nxt update plsssss mak it longer
Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 2:19pm On Jul 09, 2017
Sure I'll do that
Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 2:21pm On Jul 09, 2017
OVI75:
Godamm it,I Like Marian,She Shud Make a Better Wife than The Slay Mamas Upandan...

Sureg Oya More Oil To yr Pen
thank you smiley

but Marian
Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by Eniqurl(f): 2:54pm On Jul 09, 2017
SurestG:
Eniqurl
thanks for the mention.

1 Like

Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 5:44pm On Jul 09, 2017
CHAPTER 7

The money she had at hand would not be sufficient in her business expansion, she would need to put whatever difference she had with Fred aside in other to get help from him, she thought as she applied cocoa butter lotion to her body. But she didn't even give him chance to get close to her so how would she tell him. She picked a short sleeveless pink lacy v neckline gown and a pair of black flip flops to match. She wouldn't be going out that day so she intended on calling on of her sales girls so that they could do some estimation on how to expand the business. She applied press powder and a colorless lip-gloss to avoid dry lips and exited her room to meet with Fred just before he would go to work. She was partly convinced that Fred had changed for the better because he hasn't been that good since he changed to a monster.

"I'm leaving for work" he said holding on to his jacket as he saw her come out of her room. He moved close to her to give her a kiss and a hug.
"Fred, can I have a word with you?" his action left a perplexed expression on her face but she still managed to utter those words.
"I'm almost on time wifey, I will come back home because of you" not that she expected him to give her a listening ear immediately but his actions still gave her a shock.
"I love you Amy" he blew her a kiss as he went down the spiral stairs.

She dialed Her sales girl's number and she was there in no time...

Amanda started dealing in fabrics some few months before getting married to Fred. She got inspired by Gladys after she had chosen to quit her monthly paying job, that was on her Fiancé's accord. She was initially against being her own boss but later found it more interesting after her marriage, that time Amanda was still engaged to Fred. Amanda felt she could do it alongside her monthly paying job, Fred was in support of her decision and that was how she started. Gladys own one of the big and best supermarket in the city.

"how did your outing today go" Gladys queried her friend who was fiddling with a bottle of water from the refrigerator.

She smiled in response and this made Gladys more happy with her friend's action. "Tom is such a nice guy, you've got to see how beautiful his apartment his"

"I know Tom is a big man na"

"ours is little beside his" she said after gulping down a cup of chilled water. She continued "I'm hungry o"

"abeg no bring that reach my side, you never chop abi e no give you food" gladys

"no dey insult my man jare, na the aroma of your jollof spaghetti dey cause hunger" her voice echo as she climbed the stairs to her room.
"call me when you're done cooking."

Later that night at the living room, "he said we are meeting his parents soon" Amy said

"and what was your response?" Gladys said with enthusiasm

"I told him we should take our time"

The smile on Gladys face vanished, she was disappointed in her friend. there was silence amidst them, Gladys didn't respond but with expression she had on, Amy could sense what she had said didn't go down well with her.

"I need to sleep early because of work tomorrow" Gladys calmly said after minutes of silence. She was pissed.

1 Like

Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 6:22pm On Jul 09, 2017
GraceEzeh, decentboi,
damilolipop, flow1759, Healer007, kwasedi,
D3Bz, OlaDapxon, sofiaelvis, nellaz,
Precial419, yettielicious, nimat158, johnwizey,
Nkeiruka2015, sharliz, crixcrox, Realzikkist,
dupsai, Haderonke20, richyluvu, peteredo,
SirHosni, pweetyz, jonextee, yungeez,
kayuzie, jokoade, Oyemayor, rayvelez, stanee,
t1976, OlufemiWhit, gmec23, Ayoomolabake
, Gynah33, Promxy94, felix00, Doynb,
, nickivicki, Raizo007, Oladim001, chizidgreat, valyzubxx, djksp,
Akinwale14, Michelle55 Godfather1832,
hibly, Jacksonmava, Ayobolz, ikombe, nerd51,
silverdam, Teeyousquare, godsonarablord,
Nmaglit, judette, xnsandrxns, PrinceFaFem,
, iammyke, ItzShane, elMacho, mirabeljenny, cingelai, moneyallowed
, radiance26, darloseh, winningseed,
henergygirl, joyberry, IgweSucre, youngbravian
, Crystalom3, Shewrites, Marianneada, Kimberlywest, Adesina12, Queenitee,Hadampson, Samyfreshsmooth, Lleigh, Adeyife, Enigurl, teepha, mikaj etc.
Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by queenitee(f): 6:38pm On Jul 09, 2017
So what happened btw Amy and Toms? Why didn't they end up together? I'm curious

1 Like

Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by yungeez(m): 6:42pm On Jul 09, 2017
SurestG:
GraceEzeh, decentboi,
, Crystalom3, Shewrites, Marianneada, Kimberlywest, Adesina12, Queenitee,Hadampson, Samyfreshsmooth, Lleigh, Adeyife, Enigurl, teepha, mikaj etc.
SurestG i don land

1 Like

Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by shevronjr(m): 6:53pm On Jul 09, 2017
surestG this story dey go well enjoying it

1 Like

Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by Akinwale14(m): 7:19pm On Jul 09, 2017
Hmmmmm, Speechless
Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by Akinwale14(m): 7:21pm On Jul 09, 2017
SurestG:
GraceEzeh, decentboi,
Thanks,, I'm here,nice story keep it up
Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 7:22pm On Jul 09, 2017
queenitee:
So what happened btw Amy and Toms? Why didn't they end up together? I'm curious
lol you will soon know
Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by snaketail22(m): 9:28pm On Jul 09, 2017
Nice story but seem like two different stories
Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by Eniqurl(f): 10:55pm On Jul 09, 2017
This is interesting..
Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by Jane1234f(f): 12:26am On Jul 10, 2017
You're not mentioning me,continue
Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 6:35am On Jul 10, 2017
Jane1234f:
You're not mentioning me,continue
my honeybunny, I'm sorry okay?, I'll mention you in the next chapter
snaketail22:
Nice story but seem like two different stories
you will understand it soon, its not different.

1 Like

Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by pweetymhi(f): 8:50am On Jul 10, 2017
Hmmmm fingers crossed, By d way surestG nice work u gat here
Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by Kamelot77(m): 11:16am On Jul 10, 2017
SurestG:
marianneada, tinny898, tijehi, vakjay08, Aminzy , inioluwa6, emillysmigael, opad, smokeydrinky, almond97, Raizo007, swankmee, BerryBabyB, prayer46, Essyprity, lilian81, gudugbe, solomix10, Remyboyhefty, Ne0w1zarD, Ayomi619, gtin, Leesah , Sarahlyn081, Afz909, Rukitop, ftosino, mexite, oye9ja, sinachi1, Darkcrisp, adetkid, orijintv, Alexshey, youngbravian, Defkyfakiye, gal10, richysam, PamelB , Samexdx, sofiaelvis, pweetymhi, grachikiss, Asco9ty5, Vickiey192, spixytinxy, duchessofyork, NegeduGrace, indianacole, PrinceFaFem, Gracito, ogboni76, lilskipo, Kamelot77, Emzy90, winnex007, Anuoluemma, msmarty, baydok, darkid1, Famoustemmy, yerimas, forinclay, nerd51, fabulousbrainzz, emmyemmy99, Coolval22com, bangging, tojahh, teawhy01, Franasoan, linystar, splendidiva, Fonydear, Fabfunki, harveybeaks, Toyin223, dominique, Hazkel
already here.....nyc one

1 Like

Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by kyliespicer: 11:44am On Jul 10, 2017
queenitee:
But is this Fred okay? SurestG is muaah, lemme invite my sis
Kimkardashian, kimberlywest, Evajael, mhizgap, ota o
Ladysuperb, crislyn oya o

Kyliespicer, my sis kimk's bestie and my sis too, I'm inviting you specially to this one
*sneaks inside shivering,* SurestG abeg husband man no vex,na glo cause am

1 Like

Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by ladySuperb(f): 2:28pm On Jul 10, 2017
SurestG ...

momma is here
nice work by the way!!!!

Thanks for the mentions...

1 Like

Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by gtin(m): 3:19pm On Jul 10, 2017
SurestG:
marianneada, tinny898, tijehi, vakjay08, Aminzy , inioluwa6, emillysmigael, opad, smokeydrinky, almond97, Raizo007, swankmee, BerryBabyB, prayer46, Essyprity, lilian81, gudugbe, solomix10, Remyboyhefty, Ne0w1zarD, Ayomi619, gtin, Leesah , Sarahlyn081, Afz909, Rukitop, ftosino, mexite, oye9ja, sinachi1, Darkcrisp, adetkid, orijintv, Alexshey, youngbravian, Defkyfakiye, gal10, richysam, PamelB , Samexdx, sofiaelvis, pweetymhi, grachikiss, Asco9ty5, Vickiey192, spixytinxy, duchessofyork, NegeduGrace, indianacole, PrinceFaFem, Gracito, ogboni76, lilskipo, Kamelot77, Emzy90, winnex007, Anuoluemma, msmarty, baydok, darkid1, Famoustemmy, yerimas, forinclay, nerd51, fabulousbrainzz, emmyemmy99, Coolval22com, bangging, tojahh, teawhy01, Franasoan, linystar, splendidiva, Fonydear, Fabfunki, harveybeaks, Toyin223, dominique, Hazkel
Thanks for mention ma'am hope am not late
Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by Healer007: 5:15pm On Jul 10, 2017
cheesy. Fresh Story don land
Nicecheesy
Thanks for the mention
Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 6:47pm On Jul 10, 2017
CHAPTER 8

Fred came back as early as he had promised, his favorite dish was smiling at him from the dining table, the aroma of the Egusi soup with smoked+dry fish and assorted meats drew his attention to the white pounded yam that was sitting peacefully on a white porcelain with a lid covering it. Amanda had rose to welcome him by giving him a hug. She collected his briefcase from him as he urge him to go freshen up settling down to eat. Happy was an understatement to what Fred felt inside of him. His wife had finally forgiven him.

"I've moved back into 'our' room" she said to her husband was in the washroom freshen up, there was no response.

He was all smiles as he stepped out of the washroom minutes later.

"what's funny?" she asked with a blank face

"are you back in this room for real?" he walked towards the closet her clothing used to be. he sighed "I'm sorry for hurting you, Treasure". She sat on the settee that was adjacent the bed with her legs crossed. He moved closer to her, pulled her from the sofa and gave a warm hug.

"let's eat first" she said realizing the tension that was building up in them from the hug. "I'll be downstairs waiting".

"you wanted to discuss something with me earlier today" they were both lying in bed with her head placed on her chest. She sighed and smile, "its been long right?" her head was raised from his chest and they looked eyeball to eyeball.
After discussing at length about her business, Fred concluded on getting a more spacious and bigger outlet, he offered to foot all the bills to make up for his wrong deeds.

Amanda after being convinced beyond reasonable doubt that Tom was the man for her finally gave in to meeting his parents. it was something both her man and Gladys have wanted to hear. she had always thought it was too early for formalities in their relationship. Her bestie was the first to know she had agreed to meet Tom's parent. Gladys had always said she would fix her own wedding when Amanda is ready to settle down, not that they would wed the same day though.

TBC

1 Like

Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 6:50pm On Jul 10, 2017
pweetymhi:
Hmmmm fingers crossed,
By d way surestG nice work u gat here
thanks dearie
Kamelot77:
already here.....nyc one
kyliespicer:

*sneaks inside shivering,* SurestG abeg husband man no vex,na glo cause am
ladySuperb:
SurestG ...

momma is here

nice work by the way!!!!

Thanks for the mentions...
gtin:

Thanks for mention ma'am hope am not late
Healer007:
cheesy. Fresh Story don land
Nicecheesy
Thanks for the mention
. THANKS to you all for coming
Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by Eyinimofeoluwa(f): 6:57pm On Jul 10, 2017
surestG nice write up i dey follow ur story anyday anytime.... stay blessed sis

1 Like

Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 7:09pm On Jul 10, 2017
Eyinimofeoluwa:
surestG nice write up i dey follow ur story anyday anytime.... stay blessed sis
thanks sis
Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 7:10pm On Jul 10, 2017
Jane1234f
Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by Kimkardashain(f): 7:59pm On Jul 10, 2017
SurestG,abeg no vex,blame it on laziness, nice story u have got here, keep it up,darling, kimberlyWest twinnie abeg make u and queenitee tell kylie sey surest na girl oh,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

30 Days And 30 Nights (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / Story] My First And Last Sex With My Sugar Mummy – Episode 1 / "I Love Macmillian Books"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.