Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,614 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua (38835 Views)

DECEIT (short Story) By Amponsem Akosua / Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua / Soyinka Risks Jail Term If He Cuts The Green Card: Legal Expert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by queenitee(f): 9:43pm On Jul 10, 2017
Kimkardashain:
SurestG,abeg no vex,blame it on laziness,
nice story u have got here, keep it up,darling,
kimberlyWest twinnie abeg make u and queenitee tell kylie sey surest na girl oh,
Ahah kyliespicer surestG na lady o
Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by queenitee(f): 9:44pm On Jul 10, 2017
Kimkardashain:
kimberlyWest twinnie abeg make u and queenitee tell kylie sey surest na girl oh,
Fred, you sure you don change abi you dey pretend?
Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by Jane1234f(f): 10:38pm On Jul 10, 2017
SurestG:
Jane1234f
am here ma
Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 5:51am On Jul 11, 2017
Jane1234f:
am here ma
welcome hun
queenitee:

Fred, you sure you don change abi you dey pretend?
yes o I'm a lady. I no sure say he change o
Kimkardashain:
lol thanks my dear. Kyliespicer SurestG na lady o
Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by VeeGeeCee(f): 10:59am On Jul 11, 2017
I dont understand again oo. Who is Tom? Nice story all the way.

1 Like

Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by queenitee(f): 12:22pm On Jul 11, 2017
VeeGeeCee:
I dont understand again oo. Who is Tom? Nice story all the way.
Toms is her past, Fred is her present.

1 Like

Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by samyfreshsmooth(m): 9:51pm On Jul 11, 2017
Wow what a beautiful story uve got here hun

and thanks for the mention surestG the surest of all Gsgrin
Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 10:14pm On Jul 11, 2017
samyfreshsmooth:
Wow what a beautiful story uve got here hun

and thanks for the mention surestG the surest of all Gsgrin
lol thank you grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 10:31am On Jul 12, 2017
CHAPTER 9

On a bright and sunny Wednesday, an agent had called her to come check out a shop to know if she would want it or want him to look further. After a lot of going around to see if the place was suitable for her wares, she called Gladys on phone to seek her opinion before discussing the amount with Fred since she's more experienced in such area. Gladys supermarket was around the same lane with her new found shop, just about 20minutes drive. The shop which had a lower and upper floor was a big one which is by the roadside.

"this is awesome dear" Gladys said on arrival. She climbed the stairs to see how spacious it was on the upper floor. She rushed down the stairs like someone who is been chased just to hug and whisper to Amanda that the shop was much more better than the ones they have both checked out showed. Amanda felt relieved, she loved the area at which the shop is located, it would enhance sales, she had thought. She was to pay a sum of #1.5million, advance payment of two years and subsequently, she would pay #600,000 every year.

The sun was scorching, Amanda felt thirsty like she is being dehydrated so she decided to visit Gladys shop before going home, she would at least grab a cold drink there she thought. Gladys went in her car while she went in hers.

"have you informed Fred about the shop" Gladys said she handed her a chilled cup of Strawberry hollandia yogurt.

"I planned to do that once I'm settled and I think now is the time" Amy said.

She put a call across to Fred and informed him of the shop the agent had gotten for her and the amount to be paid. She told him they would continue the discussion at home before she hung the call. She remembered how Gladys had helped in negotiating the price of the shop, what would she have done without Gladys help, she murmured to herself as she saw her friend gave instructions to her workers.

"welcome to my home" he said as he unlocked the door of the car. Her jaw dropped as she behold the fencing of the house, the hedges that surrounded the house were neatly trimmed, the cream coating of the paint shone as the sun beat down on it. She stood in amazement, Tom held her hand and they both walked into the house, the maids greeted them both, one of them brought a cup of cold juice for the duo. Tom knew his mother would be home so he excused himself and went upstairs to beckon on his mom.

An elegant elderly woman who should be in her late sixties came down the stairs, her gait was neither slow nor fast, one could easily say she was still agile, despite her age her fair complexion still radiated, without much talk Tom was her replica. As an igbo lady that grew up in the southwest, she went on my knees to greet her soon to be mother-in-law. Her smile was heavenly, she looked charming and she welcomed her warmly. Tom was pleased knowing fully well Amanda was his mom's taste.

"how are you my daughter" she pulled her up and gave her a hug. "have a seat my dear"

Amanda took her seat beside Tom. Mrs. Eze asked her several questions, questions pertaining to her family background and some other questions that made Amanda fully introduced herself to the smiling elderly woman. Dinner was served and they all ate at the dining table in silence.

"i'ld like to see you in my room later tonight" she said to his son as she went upstairs to her "enjoy yourself my daughter" she smiled at her.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 10:50am On Jul 12, 2017
Queendel, Praisemelody,
distinction99, Chommieblaq, Cindymorgan
abubakarbabang7 Marthaodion, abdulwadood
, cagoro, inioluwa6, zainyrazy, ikombe,
hadex90 Kimkardashain sheba222,
TegaKinqDavids, ilotriouzAY hormobolanle,
Oyindawealth, namedonfinish, Gabriel8003,
huzhomah, elvi02, MandreImanuel
Centyakam, Cheriepet, tusinsola,
faruksolar1, PamelB, biodun95, Franasoan
mynuel, Hardeyinka24,
oly0511, Absoj, queenitee Addme,
Sleyanya1, kushdayo, iphunanya
Akinwale14, snaketail22, Countrygirl, ZionO, triplem101, Teeblaise, Splinz, paroz,
JummyForReal, chizidgreat, Paulynah,
MummyIMadeIt
Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by Shakyroh320(f): 10:55am On Jul 12, 2017
maybe Tom mother rejected Amanda, kip it coming dear, but the update is a bit slow please
Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by queenitee(f): 12:14pm On Jul 12, 2017
Shakyroh320:
maybe Tom mother rejected Amanda, kip it coming dear, but the update is a bit slow please
Same here, those motherscan deceive you into thinking they have accepted you with their warm smile, esp yourba mothers
Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 12:18pm On Jul 12, 2017
Shakyroh320:
my updates are slow because i do some other things alongside this. I school
Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by Healer007: 8:12pm On Jul 12, 2017
undecided Tom and Fred are d same person
Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 8:24pm On Jul 12, 2017
Healer007:
undecided Tom and Fred are d same person
two different people

1 Like

Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by Nuellaluv(f): 9:02pm On Jul 12, 2017
SurestG:
two different people
Sis please am a bit confuse about Tom and Fred. Can you please explain who is her present and past biko because my head is filled up with school stress
Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 9:11pm On Jul 12, 2017
Nuellaluv:

Sis please am a bit confuse about Tom and Fred. Can you please explain who is her present and past biko because my head is filled up with school stress
Tom is her past, someone she had dated, Fred is her husband...
Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by Nuellaluv(f): 9:53pm On Jul 12, 2017
SurestG:
Tom is her past, someone she had dated, Fred is her husband...
Dalu nne

1 Like

Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by stephenGee12(m): 10:13am On Jul 13, 2017
so surestg u started a story u no fit tell me abi. its not fair ooooo.
anyways am here wats on the menu.
lemme introduce u to my wife kimberlywest grin grin

#team_amy

1 Like

Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 10:45am On Jul 13, 2017
stephenGee12:

#team_amy
no vex bro, but wait o, i need to ask kimberlywest if na true u talk
Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jul 13, 2017
SurestG:
no vex bro, but wait o, i need to ask kimberlywest if na true u talk

Sis, it's true o!

I'm sorry you didn't get an invitation, he kidnapped me and I had no choice but to say 'I do'

1 Like

Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jul 13, 2017
stephenGee12:

#team_amy

cheesy cheesy cheesy
No be small introduction be this.

1 Like

Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 9:21am On Jul 14, 2017
Akinwale i've not been seeing your post, its being removed
Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by Akinwale1424(m): 9:40am On Jul 14, 2017
SurestG:
Akinwale i've not been seeing your post, its being removed
Na one mumu computer ban my first acct

1 Like

Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by EvaJael(f): 9:59am On Jul 14, 2017
Welldone SurestG

1 Like

Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 10:01am On Jul 14, 2017
Akinwale1424:
Na one mumu computer ban my first acct
awww okay. wetin you do them na
Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 10:02am On Jul 14, 2017
EvaJael:
Welldone SurestG
thanks sis
Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by Akinwale1424(m): 11:25am On Jul 14, 2017
SurestG:
awww okay. wetin you do them na
I no know sef,, d idiot just ban me for nothing

1 Like

Re: Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 2:51pm On Jul 14, 2017
dedication

Queenitee, Evajael, Akinwale1424, lovingyouhun, kimberlywest, stephenGee12, oluwatymylehyn, kimkardashain, nuellaluv, healer 007, shakyroh320, bummybummy, olahajayi, Dessydemmy, kyliespicer, Rachealfst, samyfreshsmooth, VeeGeeCee, Jane1234f, eyinimofeoluwa.

CHAPTER 10

Amanda pulled over at the parking lot and went into her shop. She looked so distressed,She was upset and her workers could sense it. Her kids gave her a shocker on their way from school.

She had gone to pick them from school to spend the 3 weeks 2nd term holiday with her at home.

"don't take us home" Agnes said

Amy smiled at her daughter as she ignited the car "hmmm so where do you want to go?" she looked behind her seat so that you could look at her daughter's face.

"Grandma's house" she blurted with a frown

"Bennett" she turned to face her son who sat silently at the front, beside her. The boy gave her a frown and smiled at his sister before replying his mother

"yes mom we are staying with granny this holiday" Little Bennett told her.

Amanda gave birth to Agnes a year after her wedding, 11years ago to be precise. An intelligent girl in Junior secondary school 2, the best in her class, she received several prizes in primary school until she was ten years old. Her parents issue affected her drastically. After so many investigations, the school counselor found out that her poor performance was due to what she was experiencing at home, her parents were invited to the school several times by the school authority, this made them both resolved into taking her to a boarding school together with Bennett, her younger brother who was given birth to 4years after her so he was 7years. Boarding school became a pleasurable place for them than home. Agnes always preferred going to her granny's than staying home to witness and see her mother being turned to punching back in her presence by her dad.

Amanda looked perplexed, and prayed deep within her that her guess should be wrong "I will drive you there but will you both tell me why you don't want to come home? At least to see your dad who misses you everyday"

The kids hated coming home from school ever since they found comfort at the boarding house but how would she tell them everything had returned to normal in their home. Amanda had always found Agnes In her room crying each time she saw them fighting and quarreling, she hated it.

"if we go home with you, we will witness another fight, and we both are happy without seeing you both for now right?" she tapped Bennett on the shoulder and he smiled. Amanda was speechless, her home was breaking, she could feel the salty taste of her tears. The rest of the drive was in silence. She drove them to their Granny's house, Fred's parents.

The drive back to lagos was fantastic, Tom's love for her appreciated. Her stay at his parents' place during the weekend was interesting. Gladys was already waiting at the door to welcome the duo, Tom didn't bother staying after dropping Amy off because he was exhausted and needed to get ready for work the following day.

Gladys inquisitive stare made Amy uncomfortable, she gave Gladys the excuse of going to rest because of work the next day because she was not ready give her any gist concerning how are trip was.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

30 Days And 30 Nights (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / Story] My First And Last Sex With My Sugar Mummy – Episode 1 / "I Love Macmillian Books"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.