Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,792 members, 7,956,023 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:40 PM

"God" Or "Gods?" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "God" Or "Gods?" (938 Views)

Why Do You Think Religion And Beliefs In God Or Gods Make Sense To People / Atheists Do Not Believe In A God Or Gods, What About Ghosts And Spirits? / No Other God Or Allah But Your Conscience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"God" Or "Gods?" by IKC10(m): 3:07pm On Jun 21, 2017
First of all, let me put it straight to us that Jesus is the only true God.
You might want to read this very carefully. In fact, do if you have always wondered which "God" is the true God. I am an educationist. (You can visit my profile on facebook via www.facebook.com/israel.kenc) I was tutoring some senior secondary school students today and what transpired between us led to my writing this article. They were telling me something about "mermaid." It got so annoying. They said the mermaid spirit (the Queen of the coast) should be worshipped because she is good and that she blesses people! (huh? Is that really true?). And that she only blesses people in exception of the one who directly serves it. That was weird a statement!
When I heard this I asked them to make mention of a single person they knew in the world to whom the so-called mermaid had rendered any help, but they kept quiet, and couldn't do it. And that was the question!It's time to count the cost of what you are doing. For example, if you are serving any God who cannot heal you supernaturally when you are sick, or send you some good stuff when you need it, then, I think he isn't worth your service. The Bible has said it clearly in the book of Acts 4:12-> "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."
Mermaid spirit and persons have nothing to offer. But Jesus has all to offer you. He saves, heals, blesses, name it, He does all for us. And the good news is, He has done it all. Let me ask you this, just in case you are going to criticize this article. "Have you found any religion, or creed or anywhere in the world where the dead came back to life, cripples walked, deaf ears got unstopped, blind eyes were opened, etc in any other name except the name of Jesus? (Christianity isn't a religion, anyway) Jesus is not just God, He is THE LORD!
Re: "God" Or "Gods?" by hopefulLandlord: 3:20pm On Jun 21, 2017
this logic is nauseating
Re: "God" Or "Gods?" by IKC10(m): 3:22pm On Jun 21, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
this logic is nauseating
"Nauseating?" I don't get you, dear.
Re: "God" Or "Gods?" by hopefulLandlord: 3:27pm On Jun 21, 2017
IKC10:

"Nauseating?" I don't get you, dear.

sir, you just compared Jesus and Mami water as though they're the only gods, you talked about how a true God would assist one in times of trouble, which worshippers of Vishnu, Allah, Mbombo etc also claim their various god do for them, did I forget to add the name "Yahweh"? cuz the Israelites worship Yahweh not Jesus and they also claim that Yahweh is helping them too
then you went destroyed everything by using the bible to prove Jesus
Re: "God" Or "Gods?" by IKC10(m): 3:40pm On Jun 21, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

sir, you just compared Jesus and Mami water as though they're the only gods, you talked about how a true God would assist one in times of trouble, which worshippers of Vishnu, Allah, Mbombo etc also claim their various god do for them, did I forget to add the name "Yahweh"? cuz the Israelites worship Yahweh not Jesus and they also claim that Yahweh is helping them too
then you went destroyed everything by using the bible to prove Jesus
The issue dear, is this, anybody can claim anything, but the question is, which account is true! I wasn't saying that there aren't other "gods" out there--for sure, there is an avalanche of them. But I was talking about Jesus Christ, whom some might call "Yahweh" or any other name they wish to call Him (like you said,) but the truth remains that Jesus is the true God for the following obvious reasons:
1. He is so full of love that He demonstrated it by dying for all humanity on the cross.
2. He didn't only die, but also rose from the grave.
3. He ascended into heaven.
4. Only His name has been causing diverse mind-blowing miracles and signs and wonders globally.
5. Need I say this to rest my case, can you tell of any of the gods you mentioned who loved its people to the point of going to die in their place? Please do tell me if you know any. Thanks
Re: "God" Or "Gods?" by hopefulLandlord: 3:48pm On Jun 21, 2017
IKC10:
The issue dear, is this, anybody can claim anything, but the question is, which account is true! I wasn't saying that there aren't other "gods" out there--for sure, there is an avalanche of them. But I was talking about Jesus Christ, whom some might call "Yahweh" or any other name they wish to call Him (like you said,) but the truth remains that Jesus is the true God for the following obvious reasons:
1. He is so full of love that He demonstrated it by dying for all humanity on the cross.
2. He didn't only die, but also rose from the grave.
3. He ascended into heaven.
4. Only His name has been causing diverse mind-blowing miracles and signs and wonders globally.
5. Need I say this to rest my case, can you tell of any of the gods you mentioned who loved its people to the point of going to die in their place? Please do tell me if you know any. Thanks
he died in your place? how so since you'll still die just like those that don't believe he died in their place? it's kinda confusing, don't you think? I mean, we still die anyways

about the other bullet points, do you have proof of them? how did you know for sure those things happened for real without committing fallacy of circular reasoning?

anyways, let me not argue much here, I'm of the opinion that OP may convince someone who worships Mermaid that mermaid god isn't true BUT can't convince a Muslim or a Hindu
Re: "God" Or "Gods?" by IKC10(m): 4:16pm On Jun 21, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
he died in your place? how so since you'll still die just like those that don't believe he died in their place? it's kinda confusing, don't you think? I mean, we still die anyways

about the other bullet points, do you have proof of them? how did you know for sure those things happened for real without committing fallacy of circular reasoning?

anyways, let me not argue much here, I'm of the opinion that OP may convince someone who worships Mermaid that mermaid god isn't true BUT can't convince a Muslim or a Hindu
I am not the one who convinces anyone, God does. And I believe nothing is confusing here. (Would you want to call this an argument? I don't think it is, we are simply sharing the knowledge that can affect our lives) When I said that He died in my place, I meant He did die physically to destroy the power of eternal death. Eternal death is more dangerous than physical death because it implies being separated from God--your maker and my maker, eternally. That could be quite awfully dangerous, you know! If you doubt that Jesus ever walked this earth, died, and rose from the dead, dear, check the comments of atheist historians. I know you are an atheist (from my view of your profile) But let's try this...go making your research work. Of course there is hardly an atheist historian (of probably Jesus' time) who doubted the fact, or truth that Jesus did what I have said He did. Check it!
Re: "God" Or "Gods?" by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jun 22, 2017
are yhu not a slowpoke, even in the churches yhud find people who gain their wealth from the water.there is great wealth in the sea, as to the existence of mermaid,demons etc. dunno Buh as to the existence of gods and gods ruling the sea, then yes they exist.

Isaiah 60:5
Then you will look and be radiant, your heart will throb and swell with joy; the wealth on the seas will be brought to you, to you the riches of the nations will come.

yhu want people to come out and confess their wealth is from the seas, so yhu and yhur fellow hypocrites can go on a witch hunt, crucifying all that is different from yhu.

listen many people, numerous to count use God,Jesus,the church as a public umbrella, a social hideout, to hide and erase suspicion.

I can tell yhu for a fact that occultic men his mostly in the Catholic church, bazaar, harvest, thanks giving ,lent etc they come out in full colors to show their wealth, caused wealth cause whoever partakes of it,is in trouble. the Catholic church never runs out of funds, donations etc, the Catholic church has its root deep in occultism, cause of its openness, clueless-ness of its genuine followers, and heavey pagan rituals.

the above is an example of people hiding in the church, when yhu see their wealth, yhud think its Jesus Christs work,they'd even come out and testify in his name.

anyone can call the name Jesus, its power is drawn by the intent of who calls it. if not its just an ordinary name.
Re: "God" Or "Gods?" by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jun 22, 2017
let me ask yhu how do yhu think God perform his miracles?, when Jesus Christ needed to pay taxes where did he get the money from, did he work for it, did it fall from heaven or did he send his discipline to fish in the sea.

Mathew 17:27
"But so that we may not cause offense, go to the lake and throw out your line. Take the first fish you catch; open its mouth and you will find a four-drachma coin. Take it and give it to them for my tax and yours."

point out where in the bible, God perform a miracle out of thin air, without following protocol and using specific elementals "gods in charge of a particular element".
Re: "God" Or "Gods?" by IKC10(m): 11:52pm On Jun 22, 2017
chalantmike:
are yhu not a slowpoke, even in the churches yhud find people who gain their wealth from the water.there is great wealth in the sea, as to the existence of mermaid,demons etc. dunno Buh as to the existence of gods and gods ruling the sea, then yes they exist.

Isaiah 60:5
Then you will look and be radiant, your heart will throb and swell with joy; the wealth on the seas will be brought to you, to you the riches of the nations will come.

yhu want people to come out and confess their wealth is from the seas, so yhu and yhur fellow hypocrites can go on a witch hunt, crucifying all that is different from yhu.

listen many people, numerous to count use God,Jesus,the church as a public umbrella, a social hideout, to hide and erase suspicion.

I can tell yhu for a fact that occultic men his mostly in the Catholic church, bazaar, harvest, thanks giving ,lent etc they come out in full colors to show their wealth, caused wealth cause whoever partakes of it,is in trouble. the Catholic church never runs out of funds, donations etc, the Catholic church has its root deep in occultism, cause of its openness, clueless-ness of its genuine followers, and heavey pagan rituals.

the above is an example of people hiding in the church, when yhu see their wealth, yhud think its Jesus Christs work,they'd even come out and testify in his name.

anyone can call the name Jesus, its power is drawn by the intent of who calls it. if not its just an ordinary name.

What are you actually saying, sir?
Re: "God" Or "Gods?" by Nobody: 12:10am On Jun 23, 2017
IKC10:
What are you actually saying, sir?
am saying yhuve not studied yhu bible correctly, yhur subscribing to bias religious notion that Jesus is the ONLY way to God, Jesus said his is the way, the truth and the light ,he did not say he is the only WAY.
Re: "God" Or "Gods?" by IKC10(m): 12:48am On Jun 23, 2017
chalantmike:
...Jesus said his is the way, the truth and the light ,he did not say he is the only WAY.
Sir, with all due respect, you need to revisit the meaning of the word the. It is an article which refers to a specific thing/ person who is the only thing or person in a place, at a time. If Jesus said he is the WAY, according to you, then, He is the Only way!
Re: "God" Or "Gods?" by IKC10(m): 12:49am On Jun 23, 2017
chalantmike:
...Jesus said his is the way, the truth and the light ,he did not say he is the only WAY.
Sir, with all due respect, you need to revisit the meaning of the word the. It is an article which refers to a specific thing/ person who is the only thing or person in a place, at a time. If Jesus said He is the WAY, according to you, then, He is the Only way!
Re: "God" Or "Gods?" by Nobody: 10:25am On Jun 23, 2017
IKC10:

Sir, with all due respect, you need to revisit the meaning of the word the. It is an article which refers to a specific thing/ person who is the only thing or person in a place, at a time. If Jesus said He is the WAY, according to you, then, He is the Only way!

let's have a conversation.

me : how do I get to Lagos from abuja.

you: go thorough lokoja,then yhud have to pass through Ibadan.

me : okay, thanks Buh is that the only way.

you :no yhu could pass through minna,Niger state state then through Bida, after that its a straight forward journey. Buh its tideous.

me : okay which route do yhu prefer.

you : I prefer abuja to lokoja then Ibadan route, its the most travelled,and maintained route.

me : thanks

do yhu get it?. or should I explain what am trying to portray?.

Jesus is the route through abuja,lokoja then Ibadan.

doesn't mean there are no other routes to Lagos from abuja. Buh to the Israelites and to the Israelites alone, he is the most traveled route ,common and expected,cause he is a promise from the old testament.

Christianity is the path yhu chose to trend,to yhu Christ is the way,the way yhur familiar with, the authorized and legal way,because yhu are bond to the laws of Christianity.
doesn't mean that there are no other ways to get to God.
Re: "God" Or "Gods?" by luvmijeje(f): 10:34am On Jun 23, 2017
*nodding head* words of wisdom.
Re: "God" Or "Gods?" by Nobody: 11:02am On Jun 23, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
this logic is nauseating
I had to YAWN, I couldn't help it. grin This guy is obviously new to nairaland and hasn't seen this kind of sand dune of "logic" made to collapse by drenching it in the piss of Zeus raining down from Olympus. The article is too primitive to warrant a serious reply. Ebuka would have to be a retar'd to make this kind of post. grin
Re: "God" Or "Gods?" by IKC10(m): 11:04am On Jun 23, 2017
... Christianity is the path yhu chose to trend,to yhu Christ is the way,the way yhur familiar with, the authorized and legal way,because yhu are bond to the laws of Christianity.
doesn't mean that there are no other ways to get to God.
Friend, let me tell you, there can't be more than one way to God. Someone before Jesus came, could act as God's representative, bring His words to humanity, I.e, revealing Him, but never being the Way. None of these people ever claimed to be a way or the way. Only Jesus Christ ever said that. Read His own word: Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
John 14:6
Re: "God" Or "Gods?" by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jun 23, 2017
IKC10:

Friend, let me tell you, there can't be more than one way to God. Someone before Jesus came, could act as God's representative, bring His words to humanity, I.e, revealing Him, but never being the Way. None of these people ever claimed to be a way or the way. Only Jesus Christ ever said that. Read His own word: Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
John 14:6

huh, yhur still not seeing it.

1. he never said I am the only way

2.its all claims, he claimed it, he set himself as an authority, does it make him the only authority there in..

3. humans have always had access to God, before even Christ was born, he still do after he left.

4. christ while on earth was subject under the laws of other Gods and he respected them,

5.Christ was sent and promised to the children of isreal only, not to other ethics,race or nation, so when he spoke he identified himself as an author,a God,son of God over the children of Israel only not the whole world, that to say as far as the Israel God is concerned, Christ his son, is the way. not the only way.
Re: "God" Or "Gods?" by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jun 23, 2017
remove yhur sentiment from religion, every religion want to claim its the true religion and they serve the true God, when even there messengers have identified other Gods, equally worthy of worship and emulation.
Re: "God" Or "Gods?" by IKC10(m): 2:55pm On Jun 23, 2017
chalantmike:
remove yhur sentiment from religion, every religion want to claim its the true religion and they serve the true God, when even there messengers have identified other Gods, equally worthy of worship and emulation.
If you were referring to me sir, then you need to understand that I can prove my points without using the Holy Bible or anything related to what you call religion
Re: "God" Or "Gods?" by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jun 23, 2017
IKC10:

If you were referring to me sir, then you need to understand that I can prove my points without using the Holy Bible or anything related to what you call religion

hmm Buh yhuve not proven any point, all yhuve been doing is holding on to sentiment, sentiments I expect every average Christian to have.
Re: "God" Or "Gods?" by IKC10(m): 9:44pm On Jun 23, 2017
chalantmike:

hmm Buh yhuve not proven any point, all yhuve been doing is holding on to sentiment, sentiments I expect every average Christian to have.
What sentiments have I shown?
Re: "God" Or "Gods?" by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jun 23, 2017
Ah the irony
Re: "God" Or "Gods?" by IKC10(m): 11:12pm On Jun 23, 2017
LightandDarkness:
Ah the irony
what do you mean sir?

(1) (Reply)

If You Are A Christian And Bears And Islamic Name.. Come In Here Lets Meet / When Pastor E.A Adeboye Was In Ogoni Kingdom For 1 Day Crusade. / BREAKING: Truck Crushes CAN Chairman To Death In Taraba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.