Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,905 members, 7,810,484 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:55 AM

Can You Kneel Down To Greet Your Husband Daily? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Kneel Down To Greet Your Husband Daily? (3669 Views)

Lady Rejects Marriage Proposal Because Lover Refused To Kneel Down / Man Refuses To Kneel While Proposing To Girlfriend / Is It Necessary You Kneel Down Before You Propose To A Lady?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Kneel Down To Greet Your Husband Daily? by Nobody: 9:49am On Jun 22, 2017
I know this is a controversial topic in this generation but from the views of the author of this true story, the pros outweighs the cons.
Mr and Mrs E have been married for a few years now. They are in the same peer group and were first friends before spouses so naturally the free mentality continued into marriage.
A few years down the line quarrels began brewing, the underlying issues pointed to the man feeling not respected enough. Mrs E tried all her ideas to keep the marriage happy. Tried to incorporate hugs after prayer time etc as not only was she an affectionate person, but she also read of how hugs and the likes builds connection in couples. This didn't last long as the man quickly grew tired of being forced to hug or peck daily.
One day at a church gathering, marriage was being discussed and an old lady suggested that wives should return to the old ways of kneeling for their husbands. Everyone laughed about it and soon forgot it.
One day months later during reconciliation talks after a quarrel, the husband voiced out that he acted the way he did cos he feels his wife challenges his authority.
The wife calmly joked that did he want her to kneel to greet him daily like the old woman in church suggested, because she could. He turned his face away blushing saying "I beg don't kneel for me oh". Well madam still did kneel and said good morning lovingly. The perplexed man held her in his arms and prayed for her. While giving her all the hugs she desired.
Since that day madam has kept kneeling to greet oga. And even when oga tends to leave the bed before her, she still finds him and says "you want to cheat me this morning abi?" as she kneels down to greet him and he pulls he up giving her a hug.
One morning last week, Mrs E went to bed angrily. In the morning, Mr E hugs her, she didn't respond well. After a few minutes he says "won't u greet me this morning?" She rolls over, kneels and greets him though still mad at him. Then it dawned on her that her husband had begun looking forward to her morning greetings and she smiled.
Needless to say their relationship has take a new dimension of intimacy. You may say she will soon get tired of this ritual, but according to Mrs E she says she even looks forward to mornings just to greet her husband.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Kneel Down To Greet Your Husband Daily? by Oyindidi(f): 9:55am On Jun 22, 2017
No I can't

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Kneel Down To Greet Your Husband Daily? by Nobody: 9:57am On Jun 22, 2017
Nope.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Kneel Down To Greet Your Husband Daily? by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 10:00am On Jun 22, 2017
See them for up

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Kneel Down To Greet Your Husband Daily? by Nobody: 10:03am On Jun 22, 2017
Kai!.......smh.

Op, are you the guy that tested the submissiveness of Philo by making her sleep on your kitchen floor before declaring her worthy to be your wife?
Re: Can You Kneel Down To Greet Your Husband Daily? by Martin0(m): 10:03am On Jun 22, 2017
Oyindidi:
No I can't
why?
Re: Can You Kneel Down To Greet Your Husband Daily? by Martin0(m): 10:04am On Jun 22, 2017
ZarZar:
Nope.
why
Re: Can You Kneel Down To Greet Your Husband Daily? by makydebbie(f): 10:06am On Jun 22, 2017
Nope.
Well, because I'm a normal human being.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Kneel Down To Greet Your Husband Daily? by mrsfavour(f): 10:09am On Jun 22, 2017
No way, I only kneel to greet God not human like me.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Kneel Down To Greet Your Husband Daily? by Nobody: 10:09am On Jun 22, 2017
Martin0:
why

It's not my culture. Plus, I don't want to. I don't see the point of doing that.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Kneel Down To Greet Your Husband Daily? by Oyindidi(f): 10:10am On Jun 22, 2017
Martin0:
why?
I don't have any reason, normally I bend my kneels (not kneeling down) to greet elders. I can't kneel down to greet my man, don't want him to see himself as lord over me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Kneel Down To Greet Your Husband Daily? by Nobody: 10:11am On Jun 22, 2017
Knee kor jump nii undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Kneel Down To Greet Your Husband Daily? by Abbeycharles(m): 10:13am On Jun 22, 2017
What do you expect the reply of these secondary school girls should be? Ladies who have turned to feminists on Nairaland because guys don use their toto take play scrabble

Abeg move this to family section and hear better response from matured ladies

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Kneel Down To Greet Your Husband Daily? by Lionessza(f): 10:14am On Jun 22, 2017
"Mr E " sounds like an insecure guy who constantly wants his ego massaged and his " manhood" validated by his woman dancing to his every tune. He should have stayed away from marriage and bought an obedient dog who will follow his every move without questions. Wait! .......He's got one.

No I wouldn't kneel for my husband but if he wanted to kneel before me , he's welcome to do it . I will put my hands on his head and bless him grin grin

13 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Can You Kneel Down To Greet Your Husband Daily? by Martin0(m): 10:21am On Jun 22, 2017
Oyindidi:
I don't have any reason, normally I bend my kneels (not kneeling down) to greet elders. I can't kneel down to greet my man, don't want him to see himself as lord over me.
yeah extremely correct

1 Like

Re: Can You Kneel Down To Greet Your Husband Daily? by Martin0(m): 10:22am On Jun 22, 2017
ZarZar:

It's not my culture. Plus, I don't want to. I don't see the point of doing that.
eh eh ok ooo,so what if it was a law in your culture
Re: Can You Kneel Down To Greet Your Husband Daily? by IamSINZ(m): 10:24am On Jun 22, 2017
Why should my wife go on her knee's to greet me? The mother of my kids? Nah...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Kneel Down To Greet Your Husband Daily? by Oyindidi(f): 10:27am On Jun 22, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:
See them for up
angry

1 Like

Re: Can You Kneel Down To Greet Your Husband Daily? by Nobody: 10:31am On Jun 22, 2017
kneeling down asin am I praying to him...?? can't even try such..

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Kneel Down To Greet Your Husband Daily? by Nobody: 10:38am On Jun 22, 2017
Martin0:
eh eh ok ooo,so what if it was a law in your culture

I still don't think I would do it. For what purpose?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Kneel Down To Greet Your Husband Daily? by Splinz(m): 10:46am On Jun 22, 2017
makydebbie:
Nope.
Well, because I'm a normal human being.

Of course, you're normal.

This is a case of ethnicity, not necessarily the society's demand. But then, we see that even among the champions of this culture, not everyone performs or sanctions it.

Though it is more of ethnicity, it is also that of subjectivity.
Re: Can You Kneel Down To Greet Your Husband Daily? by Martin0(m): 10:58am On Jun 22, 2017
ZarZar:

I still don't think I would do it. For what purpose?
hmmmm try to have a better reason to your opinion,so how was yesterday na,u did come online
Re: Can You Kneel Down To Greet Your Husband Daily? by Nobody: 10:59am On Jun 22, 2017
Only when i'm high on something cheap.angry undecided grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Kneel Down To Greet Your Husband Daily? by NairalandCS(m): 11:00am On Jun 22, 2017
Yoruba ancestors looking at this thread like:

4 Likes

Re: Can You Kneel Down To Greet Your Husband Daily? by makydebbie(f): 11:06am On Jun 22, 2017
Splinz:

Of course, you're normal.

This is a case of ethnicity, not necessarily the society's demand. But then, we see that even among the champions of this culture, not everyone performs or sanctions it.

Though it is more of ethnicity, it is also that of subjectivity.
If a guy demands that his wife kneels to greet him, then his low self esteem calls for attention. He needs a slave not a wife to massage his ego. There are other ways to show love and respect and kneeling to greet him portrays fear and extreme domination. The only time I kneel, is to greet an elder or when my dad/pastor is praying for me. But well, if my husband wants to pray for me too. Then I'll.

But my husband should be wary when I start kneeling to greet him. He should rush me to an asylum before it's too late and I start prostrating to greet him too. undecided

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can You Kneel Down To Greet Your Husband Daily? by Kondomatic(m): 11:28am On Jun 22, 2017
sekxy:
kneeling down asin am I praying to him...?? can't even try such..

1 Share

Re: Can You Kneel Down To Greet Your Husband Daily? by Splinz(m): 11:28am On Jun 22, 2017
makydebbie:

But my husband should be wary when I start kneeling to greet him. He should rush me to an asylum before it's too late and I start prostrating to greet him too. undecided

Ahem! Abasi mbok!

Maky there wouldn't be need for that. When you go on your knees for me, I'd also go on mine and kiss your forehead.

Yeap... let us go to the asylum together.
Re: Can You Kneel Down To Greet Your Husband Daily? by Nobody: 11:31am On Jun 22, 2017
[quote author=Kondomatic post=57746326][/quote] lol..goodmorning
Re: Can You Kneel Down To Greet Your Husband Daily? by Kondomatic(m): 11:35am On Jun 22, 2017
makydebbie:
If a guy demands that his wife kneels to greet him, then his low self esteem calls for attention. He needs a slave not a wife to massage his ego. There are other ways to show love and respect and kneeling to greet him portrays fear and extreme domination. The only time I kneel, is to greet an elder or when my dad/pastor is praying for me. But well, if my husband wants to pray for me too. Then I'll.

I can see your reasons but I am a type of person who always checks the other side of things.

Everything boils down to where you grew up, if it is a tradition then you should kneel and no, it has nothing to do with esteem and ego.

It is what makes them who they're.

You people are self centered in away, always talking about male ego and all like men don't drop their ego to do certain things for women.
Where's the ego of the man that knelt down to propose to a woman?

Meanwhile, you sound high so join me.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Kneel Down To Greet Your Husband Daily? by Kondomatic(m): 11:39am On Jun 22, 2017
sekxy:
lol..goodmorning
Go down on your knees first.

gringringrin
Re: Can You Kneel Down To Greet Your Husband Daily? by Nobody: 11:45am On Jun 22, 2017
Kondomatic:
Go down on your knees first.

gringringrin
hahaha
Re: Can You Kneel Down To Greet Your Husband Daily? by makydebbie(f): 11:51am On Jun 22, 2017
Kondomatic:
I can see your reasons but I am a type of person who always checks the other side of things.

Everything boils down to where you grew up, if it is a tradition then you should kneel and no, it has nothing to do with esteem and ego.

It is what makes them who they're.

You people are self centered in away, always talking about male ego and all like men don't drop their ego to do certain things for women.
Where's the ego of the man that knelt down to propose to a woman?

Meanwhile, you sound high so join me.
During courtship, I'll remind him it's the 21st century and I'm not kneeling to greet him.
I'm not begging my man to kneel and propose to me but then kneeling to propose is significant.

Sorry but I'm allergic to alcohol. tongue

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lady Makes Her Boyfriend Propose To Her By Using Period Blood To Cook Spaghetti. / Guys Is It Right To Shave Your Woman's Pubic Hair? / Just After Celebrating His Pregnant Girlfriend On Twitter, Boy Finds Out She’s B

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.