Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,711 members, 7,820,491 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

Why Don't We Use Coins In Nigeria? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Don't We Use Coins In Nigeria? (7981 Views)

Please Help! Can I Change Dollar Coins In Banks? / Do You Remember These Naira Notes And Coins? / Do We Still Spend Coins In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Don't We Use Coins In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:18am On Jan 29, 2010
when we say we need to use coins again, it dosent mean one must go about with 5000 naira coins. come to think of it, the way prices are rounded up is bad for all of us. imagine, lemon sweet sells for 3 naira, but one must be forced to buy 3 for 10 naira. even fuel attendants do the same. if we dont stop this trend, 5 naira notes will soon disappear. just wait till 'pure' water sells for 10 naira nationwide.
Re: Why Don't We Use Coins In Nigeria? by JUNIT1(m): 12:23pm On Jan 29, 2010
the power of[b] INFLATION[/b]( general rise in the level of price) this is caused by two factors;

Demand-pull infaltion or Cost-pull inflation

Demand-pull inflation: demand increase higher than supply for goods, suppliers seeing that many people want their goods will obviously increase the price because of the principle of scarcity

Cost-pull inflation: high cost of production will obviously mean suppliers have to increase the selling price in order to gain profit

I hope I have sucessfully convinced you and not confused you about what inflation is all about
Re: Why Don't We Use Coins In Nigeria? by ayobase(m): 3:46pm On Feb 01, 2010
thank o jare!
Inflation!
who wan sell something
with less than multiples of 5?
Re: Why Don't We Use Coins In Nigeria? by DAVE5(m): 1:01am On Feb 02, 2010
the thing is Nigerians are too proud they feel big and on top of the world.sha thats where we are so why should we use coins.imagine ur popsy carrying coins to silverbird galleria to pay 4 stuffs he bought,thats de-repping.
Re: Why Don't We Use Coins In Nigeria? by djayxpro: 6:24pm On Feb 03, 2010
hi nairalanders,
if coins are still in use, would anyone take anything above 500naira out?!! cuz it really sounds unreasonable to use coins to pay for some things like buying your gen. sets, refrigerators, cinema tickets e.t.c.

@ exp
you have made a lot of sense, it is just that those in charge do not read this to realize and correct many of these things!!
if anyone has a solution to profer on how we can change the note-mentality without involving power-people, i would follow, i am serious!! cuz the situation is too bad!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Can I Move Money To Benin Republic From Nigeria? / IMF: Nigeria's Economy To Improve But Unemployment Likely To Remain / 9 Things You Need To Know Before Starting Your Online Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.