Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,622 members, 7,816,563 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

Is It Right For A Lady To Pay For Her Own Bride Price? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Right For A Lady To Pay For Her Own Bride Price? (551 Views)

The Baby I Am Carrying Belongs To My Ex-Boyfriend - Lady To Boyfriend / What Is The Ideal Age For A Girl/Lady To Get Married? / Is It Proper For A Lady To Give Her Number To Guys When She Has A Boyfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right For A Lady To Pay For Her Own Bride Price? by easyboss1(m): 2:13pm On Jun 22, 2017
Is it right for a lady to pay for her own Bride Price?

Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Pay For Her Own Bride Price? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jun 22, 2017
Only Right in India
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Pay For Her Own Bride Price? by Papiikush: 2:16pm On Jun 22, 2017
In some other countries, yeah women pay their bride prices. You can do that as a Nigerian if you wanna end up like Tonto dike.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Pay For Her Own Bride Price? by yomi007k(m): 2:17pm On Jun 22, 2017
StephDamielola:
Only Right in India

Babe we r in recession oo...if u pay it for us u wont die ....make we dey use d remaining money dey buy block n cement. How u check am?
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Pay For Her Own Bride Price? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jun 22, 2017
yomi007k:

Babe we r in recession oo...if u pay it for us u wont die ....make we dey use d remaining money dey buy block n cement. How u check am?

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

You just have to pay it ooo. Its cultural
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Pay For Her Own Bride Price? by TeamLeader(m): 2:18pm On Jun 22, 2017
Ask ladies that are above 35 and yet to be married. They shld hav the best answer
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Pay For Her Own Bride Price? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jun 22, 2017
Don't even try it. It's even better to ask your people to give you away for free.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Pay For Her Own Bride Price? by yomi007k(m): 2:21pm On Jun 22, 2017
StephDamielola:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

You just have to pay it ooo. Its cultural

No p sha....but u go buy me block n cement?

Deal?
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Pay For Her Own Bride Price? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jun 22, 2017
yomi007k:

No p sha....but u go buy me block n cement?

Deal?

With all pleasure Sir cheesy cheesy cheesy

Dangote or ?
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Pay For Her Own Bride Price? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jun 22, 2017
Very wrong
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Pay For Her Own Bride Price? by yomi007k(m): 2:24pm On Jun 22, 2017
StephDamielola:

With all pleasure Sir cheesy cheesy cheesy

Dangote or ?

I like u...take note!
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Pay For Her Own Bride Price? by Newboss(m): 2:26pm On Jun 22, 2017
Yes it is very right for ALL feminists. They MUST pay their own bride price.
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Pay For Her Own Bride Price? by QueenSuccubus(f): 2:29pm On Jun 22, 2017
grin

Just curious...the bride price, is this the long lists that a father or a woman's family demands during the introduction?
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Pay For Her Own Bride Price? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jun 22, 2017
yomi007k:

I like u...take note!

Noted Sir
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Pay For Her Own Bride Price? by temitope277(m): 2:32pm On Jun 22, 2017
StephDamielola:
Only Right in India
can u help me pay yours cos u ar beautiful and i wan marry u
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Pay For Her Own Bride Price? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jun 22, 2017
Pay the bride price and end up divorced .
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Pay For Her Own Bride Price? by Destined2win: 2:37pm On Jun 22, 2017
It's not wrong if only it's between two matured people who can keep it a secret and still respect each other
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Pay For Her Own Bride Price? by Segzee1(m): 2:46pm On Jun 22, 2017
Abeg make I go drink CARROT juice first..... grin
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Pay For Her Own Bride Price? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jun 22, 2017
Newboss:
Yes it is very right for ALL feminists. They MUST pay their own bride price.

Feminists would rather advocate for the abolishment of bride price altogether. Why would they pay it in a sham to maintain what they consider to be modern slave trade? Is it to buy one's own freedom from one's parent's house? In that case it wouldn't even matter if there was a man in the picture or not, and so it wouldn't be called 'bride' price per se.
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Pay For Her Own Bride Price? by NairalandCS(m): 3:16pm On Jun 22, 2017
It is not right or wrong.

It all depends on the couple.
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Pay For Her Own Bride Price? by Vado(m): 4:09pm On Jun 22, 2017
peak of desperation or low self esteem.

(1) (Reply)

Benue Community Ban Men From Spending More Than N100,000 On Traditional Marriage / Jealous Boyfriend Gave His Girlfriend RULEBOOK And He Still Cheated On Her / phone intimacy Group.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.