Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States (19557 Views)

Dogo Isuwa: Middle Belt No Longer Part Of North – MBF Leader / Leaders From The 6 Geopolitical Regions Meet With Peter Obi (Pictures) / Money From The North Used In Developing Western, Eastern Regions- Ango Abdullahi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by chuksjuve(m): 8:48am On Jun 23, 2017
Just when we thought we have heard it all.
Another region pops up with her own agitation..
The effect of the 97% vs 5% blunder continues.
Becareful of what you say, it just might hurt you in the long run..
Nigeria is a sorry country..

kindly contact us for your Horticulture, Landscape and Gardening service
check my profile for more

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by maxiquadrian(m): 8:50am On Jun 23, 2017
conductor1:
Better

mr agbero are u here to supervise comments, u beta face yah work nd pray 4 ur daily bread. #no_negative_vibes
Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by ExInferis(m): 8:50am On Jun 23, 2017
The heading should be " Middlebelt and northern CHRISTIANS are having a pipe dream".

This meddlesome jerry gana sef. Why won't some debilitating ailment strike the busybody?
Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by madbuhari: 8:52am On Jun 23, 2017
all this rubbish is at expense of Niger Delta oil why do we have lazy parasitic people up North

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by genieluv(f): 8:53am On Jun 23, 2017
ExInferis:
The heading should be " Middlebelt and northern CHRISTIANS are having a pipe dream".

This meddlesome jerry gana sef. Why won't some debilitating ailment strike the busybody?

Speak for Hausas alone and don't interfere into middlebelt issues.
I am from the middlebelt and i am for restructuring of Nigeria. This continous system cannot work anymore. It only serves for advantage to northern elites while northern masses continue to be ravaged by increasing poverty n illiteracy.

**** You hausas want to keep on dragging others in Nigeria backward, but enough of that.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by juman(m): 8:53am On Jun 23, 2017
mrvitalis:
If southern politicians have sense ...impower this northern minorities with power ..this will dislodge the power of the Hausa Fulani in nigeria

As far as am concerned middle belt is the trigger in Nigerian politics ...who ever they support becomes majority

The south has never given them and option

We in the south need leaders that can think and plan for politics

Well Fulani's and Hausa's have the playing politics for years before we came along

The "leaders" in the south are not better, obj and jonathan led for fourteen years even it was during oil boom but they achieved nothing except making their friends billionaires.

1 Like

Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by Nowenuse: 8:54am On Jun 23, 2017
True
Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by persius555(m): 8:54am On Jun 23, 2017
Speechless. What can I say? lipsrsealed
Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by Ramos16(m): 8:57am On Jun 23, 2017
mrvitalis:
If southern politicians have sense ...impower this northern minorities with power ..this will dislodge the power of the Hausa Fulani in nigeria

As far as am concerned middle belt is the trigger in Nigerian politics ...who ever they support becomes majority

Well Fulani's and Hausa's have the playing politics for years before we came along

You are really smart.
Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by Jabioro: 8:57am On Jun 23, 2017
Impossicant request!
Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by juman(m): 8:57am On Jun 23, 2017
Their suggestion was not good.

It makes government more bigger and consume more money.
Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by Nowenuse: 8:58am On Jun 23, 2017
mrvitalis:

You are very correct. I am from the middlebelt. The south and the middlebelt needs to unite. Enough of illiterate Hausa-fulanis dominating Nigeria.

Why should illiterates and people who refused to go to school be ruling educated people?

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by maxiquadrian(m): 9:00am On Jun 23, 2017
conductor1:
Better. You cone guys are now learning.

I for...

U for die abi...... no neva die, gud tin stil awaits u bro, u no even get mind ontop mere joke u wan kill ya self, true true economy hard bt e neva reach suicide
Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by Nowenuse: 9:00am On Jun 23, 2017
ExInferis:

A pipe dream abi? Very soon, this pipe dream will become reality before your eyes!
By the time all middlebelt states and southern states unite and say yes to restructuring, let us see whether you hausa-fulanis would be able to stop everyone else in Nigeria!

Illiterates dragging others in Nigeria backward

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by Nobody: 9:01am On Jun 23, 2017
fiizznation:
There are many ethnic groups, but at the end of the day, ethnic groups doesn't matter because most of these ethnic groups see themselves as northerners first. Go figure.
Can any Hausa Muslim live in Bukuru in Jos, Sabo in Kaduna?

8 Likes

Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by modsfucker: 9:03am On Jun 23, 2017
Seems to me like the North has a lot of power at its disposal..... It is obvious that the only thing holding this country together is the North...... What a powerful region!
Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by Nowenuse: 9:05am On Jun 23, 2017
fiizznation:
[i]Whenever I see a word like middlebelt, the first thing that usually comes into my mind is "who are these middlebeltans"? The north central comprises of states like kwara, nassarawa, Niger, kogi, benue and plateau states. Even southern kaduna can't be classified as a north central territory due to its geographical location.

The people that are championing this middlebelt nonsense are some very few people in plateau state. Jerry gana is from Niger state, pray tell me, how will he convince his people to be part of one silly thing called middlebelt? He is not a major player in the NC.

When people want to really talk about NC or middlebelt as some people want to call it, then names like IBB, abdulsalam, Jeremiah hussein, gowon, saraki, etc CAN'T be overlooked. These are the decision makers of the region. And I don't see them calling themselves middlebeltans.
[/i|

If you muslims from Niger state want to continue to remain pawns of Hausa-fulanis, you can continue!
The rest of us from the middlebelt want out of that nonsense arewa. Arewa of backwardness!

Why do hausa-fulanis hate progress? See how their elites have impoverished their masses, yet they will never educate or empower their masses, instead they are allocating hundreds of millions to feed them during sallah and build more mosques.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by Nonaira1: 9:07am On Jun 23, 2017
fiizznation:
There are many ethnic groups, but at the end of the day, ethnic groups doesn't matter because most of these ethnic groups see themselves as northerners first. Go figure.

We all know why you are saying this. The community in which you leech off and trying to kill off have now learned to stop being passive and be assertive.

Anyway, Middle Belt albeit I support the division of Nigeria but I am in support of this. Kudos to you guys for finally standing up for yourself. I guess we have to thank the fulani herdsmen for this

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by hennylove(f): 9:13am On Jun 23, 2017
Northern minority are not part of arewa group. We don't count as Christian's in such group. And analyse it critically and see if there is any Northern Christian among them we are as marginalize as the igbos

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by genieluv(f): 9:14am On Jun 23, 2017
Nonaira1:

We all know why you are saying this. The community in which you leech off and trying to kill off have now learned to stop being passive and be assertive.

Anyway, Middle Belt albeit I support the division of Nigeria but I am in support of this. Kudos to you guys for finally standing up for yourself. I guess we have to thank the fulani herdsmen for this

What kind of language is this? Are you encouraging unity or division?
Did the same fulani herdsmen not deal with you Southerners? To the extent that your governor in Enugu was crying and telling the people to fast n pray against the herdsmen.
Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by Nobody: 9:16am On Jun 23, 2017
Restructure or split up is the way to go, nobody is a slave to anybody in this country.
It is only in Nigeria that the rich gets richer and the poor gets poorer. And its only the greedy politicians and illiterates will want us to remain the way we are.
#standupforrestructure

1 Like

Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by genieluv(f): 9:18am On Jun 23, 2017
mrvitalis:

Very true, but southerners are naturally dull politically, they are only concerned about politics of their own tribes and communities, then they later complain n cry of Hausa domination.

2 Likes

Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by Guyman02: 9:19am On Jun 23, 2017
Core Northern Politicians dont like that word 'Middle Belt', they prefer North Central zone which they use for dominance of that region.
Middle Belt seems to give an identity to Northern Christians and minority tribes which the Fulanis dont want

4 Likes

Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by MrSly(m): 9:20am On Jun 23, 2017
fiizznation:
Yes anybody in the southeast can be called an easterner. But the man from SW or SS can't be labeled an easterner
Don't argue against fact. South east and South south were the ones that make up eastern region which we was broken due to propaganda against Biafra agitation. Argue correctly with reality next time.

2 Likes

Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by genieluv(f): 9:22am On Jun 23, 2017
9jakohai:
What will a new region for the middle belt do that the states have not been able to fix?

Many northern minorities are still under Hausa-fulani dominated states and do not have a voice or political freedom of their own.
The north-central tag also robbs us of our uniqueness and purpose.

2 Likes

Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by newbornmacho(m): 9:25am On Jun 23, 2017
fiizznation:
[i]Whenever I see a word like middlebelt, the first thing that usually comes into my mind is "who are these middlebeltans"? The north central comprises of states like kwara, nassarawa, Niger, kogi, benue and plateau states. Even southern kaduna can't be classified as a north central territory due to its geographical location.

The people that are championing this middlebelt nonsense are some very few people in plateau state. Jerry gana is from Niger state, pray tell me, how will he convince his people to be part of one silly thing called middlebelt? He is not a major player in the NC.

When people want to really talk about NC or middlebelt as some people want to call it, then names like IBB, abdulsalam, Jeremiah hussein, gowon, saraki, etc CAN'T be overlooked. These are the decision makers of the region. And I don't see them calling themselves middlebeltans.
[/i|
Unity begging at its worst. Stick with your Hausa Fulani states like sokoto and zamfara, the middle belt people want out.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by Guyman02: 9:28am On Jun 23, 2017
genieluv:

Many northern minorities are still under Hausa-fulani dominated states and do not have a voice or political freedom of their own.
The north-central tag also robbs us of our uniqueness and purpose.

The reality is that Middle Belt has the power to decide who becomes Nigerias President, it is not the Hausa, Yoruba, Fulani or Igbo.
They have the most arable lands and solid mineral resources which is part of the reasons for herdsmen invasion and displacement of communities.

But the Core North and Arewa group have effectively made the Middle Belt not to realize the enormous powers in their hands to change the course of Nigeria by craftily referring to them as NORTH CENTRAL or Arewa. All Northern Christians and minority tribes should reject the appellation called North Central and stick to that bitter word to ears of the Hausa and Fulani which is Middle Belt

7 Likes

Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by Guyman02: 9:31am On Jun 23, 2017
fiizznation:

[/i|

You Fulanis hate the word Middle Belt which gives a separate identity to the Northern minority tribes, Nnamdi Kanu has used his radio to open the eyes and minds of minorities in Nigeria and it has come to stay. No going back to Hausa and Fulani domination, it is Middle Belt and not North Central or Arewa

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by aolawale025: 9:35am On Jun 23, 2017
With regionalism, we shouldn't have states. Local government functions can be expanded. While regions take over functions of states.
Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by genieluv(f): 9:45am On Jun 23, 2017
Guyman02:

The reality is that Middle Belt has the power to decide who becomes Nigerias President, it is not the Hausa, Yoruba, Fulani or Igbo.
But the Arewa group has effectively made the Middle Belt not to realize the enormous powers in their hands to change the course of Nigeria by craftily refering to them as NORTH CENTRAL. All Northern Christians and minority tribes should reject the appelation called North Central and stick to that bitter word to the Hausa and Fulani Middle Belt

You have said nothing buh the truth.
Most middlebelters n northern christians used to be mostly illiterate in the past just like most hausa-fulanis, so they knew nothing, but over the years we have seen great improvements.

A lot of our youths are not happy about the stupid name NORTH CENTRAL which robbs us of our identity, and very soon we will form groups to come out, enlighten our people and fight against that nonsense.

****We have to develop something similar to IPOB. Lol

9 Likes

Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by adetayo234: 10:01am On Jun 23, 2017
mrvitalis:

I'm sorry to disagree with you about a united south. I don't see an igbo/yoruba agreement anywhere in the future.
Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by ephi321(f): 10:01am On Jun 23, 2017
Only in Nigeria do illiterates rule an entire nation.

This is the core reason why Nigeria has failed to make progress in over 5 decades of existence. When a country is led by people who are not exposed nor open to development, this is the result.

Well, I wish the Middle belt the best in their quest, people seem to have had enough of this stagnancy and backwardness, thus the agitation coming from different quarters now.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Arewa Youths Meet Eze Ndigbo (Photos) / Tinubu’s Cabinet: SWAGA Expresses Displeasure Over Exclusion Of Its Members / Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos, Litre Goes For 120

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.