Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,918 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States (19555 Views)

Dogo Isuwa: Middle Belt No Longer Part Of North – MBF Leader / Leaders From The 6 Geopolitical Regions Meet With Peter Obi (Pictures) / Money From The North Used In Developing Western, Eastern Regions- Ango Abdullahi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by slivertongue: 11:40am On Jun 23, 2017
adetayo234:

Well, the north asked them to goan form biafra, but they chickened out. Maybe they aren't as bold as you think

Gideon Orkar.
Was ahead of his time, a man of courage
Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by Michel2013: 11:40am On Jun 23, 2017
they said Igbos are miscreants but look at the tremendous impacts they are creating in nigeria. IPOB has given many ethic nationalities the boldness to voice their grievances. IPOB is the fearless goat that bleats foods for others.
thats who we are and thats how we roll. we don't have f.ck to give.

6 Likes

Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by Mujtahida: 11:43am On Jun 23, 2017
ExInferis:
The heading should be " Middlebelt and northern CHRISTIANS are having a pipe dream".

This meddlesome jerry gana sef. Why won't some debilitating ailment strike the busybody?

The whole of your post is indicative of the foulness ravaging Nigeria. Everybody is infected with the virus of ethnic and religious bigotry.

If I were like you now I will remind you of someone who is battling with serious wasting disease but it's not necessary because that is not something to wish on anybody or to gloat about.

1 Like

Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by slivertongue: 11:43am On Jun 23, 2017
Terkimbi01:
Great move, but we need something more drastic.
we should state clearly that if restructuring is not allowed, we should be left alone to handle our affairs.

I like the South South and the South East, they are bold.

Two men I admire are Nnamdi Kanu and late Gideon Orkar.

adetayo234:

Well, the north asked them to goan form biafra, but they chickened out. Maybe they aren't as bold as you think

Gideon Orkar.
Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by slivertongue: 11:44am On Jun 23, 2017
Terkimbi01:
Great move, but we need something more drastic.
we should state clearly that if restructuring is not allowed, we should be left alone to handle our affairs.

I like the South South and the South East, they are bold.

Two men I admire are Nnamdi Kanu and late Gideon Orkar.

Gideon Orkar.
Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by Mujtahida: 11:48am On Jun 23, 2017
genieluv:

Speak for Hausas alone and don't interfere into middlebelt issues.
I am from the middlebelt and i am for restructuring of Nigeria. This continous system cannot work anymore. It only serves for advantage to northern elites while northern masses continue to be ravaged by increasing poverty n illiteracy.

**** You hausas want to keep on dragging others in Nigeria backward, but enough of that.
Don't mind them. When it is politically expedient they hug us and tag us Northerners but when it comes to issues of development, manning sensitive positions they ditch us. This is 2017, not 1960

1 Like

Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by coptic: 11:54am On Jun 23, 2017
Mujtahida:

Go knock your head on the wall. We are Nigerians from middlebelt not North Central. Look at the disparaging way you talk down on the people within that region by tagging it middle belt nonsense.

You are obviously ignorant that J S Tarka a Tiv man was an early advocate for the middle belt with the formation of the United Middle belt Congress with people like Solomon Lar in the party even before Independence. Away with the fraud called North Central. I repeat we are from the middlebelt. Mind you I said 'We' not 'I'

Wow. I never knew you are a middle-beltan as well. I've always thought you to be from the SE.

That guy lives off making disparaging/condescending remarks about other people.

He lacks the intellect to talk intelligibly. He's such a very arrogant fellow!

1 Like

Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by eph12(m): 11:56am On Jun 23, 2017
adetayo234:

Your noise was clear then. You were saying "give us biafra or we die". Why are you changing your tune now?
Why are you bent on showcasing your low iq? Does the North asking the South to leave mean the federal government is allowing Biafra?
Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by me69: 11:56am On Jun 23, 2017
You people should run for president on that platform but Buhari APC never ran on that platform of restructuring or secessionist SO he will not go with your wishes. Run for office and tell the people this what you want...finish... if they elect you than fine.

But all these politicians using our presidency to make frivolous demands about our to govern this country should meet quite IT IS NOT YOUR TIME TO RULE
Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by Mujtahida: 12:01pm On Jun 23, 2017
Nowenuse:

You are very correct. I am from the middlebelt. The south and the middlebelt needs to unite. Enough of illiterate Hausa-fulanis dominating Nigeria.

Why should illiterates and people who refused to go to school be ruling educated people?
This is precisely what I have advocated-let the South unite, align with the Middlebelt and we'd cut off this guys in the North and bring them to discuss this country. We in the middle belt are actually the ones who hold the aces in this situation. We are in the middle for God's sake.

That's why I decry the hate exchanges between the Igbos, Yorubas, and the people in the south generally.

1 Like

Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by Mujtahida: 12:05pm On Jun 23, 2017
coptic:

Wow. I never knew you are a middle-beltan as well. I've always thought you to be from the SE.

That guy lives off making disparaging/condescending remarks about other people.

He lacks the intellect to talk intelligibly. He's such a very arrogant fellow!
Actually I'd prefer to be regarded as a Nigerian but if not for the madness that has affected and twisted our national consciousness there's nothing wrong in identifying as Northerners, Easterners etc. Other countries do it and it adds beauty and variety to national identity and consciousness.
Don't mind the bigot.

1 Like

Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by mrvitalis(m): 12:05pm On Jun 23, 2017
adetayo234:

I'm sorry to disagree with you about a united south. I don't see an igbo/yoruba agreement anywhere in the future.
They both agree we need to weaken the power of the Hausa Fulani
Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by adetayo234: 12:12pm On Jun 23, 2017
mrvitalis:

They both agree we need to weaken the power of the Hausa Fulani

Time with tell. Since politics began in Nigeria, east and west had never agreed for once. Either would rather choose to liaise with the North, even during regional system of government
Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by ExInferis(m): 12:15pm On Jun 23, 2017
Mujtahida:

The whole of your post is indicative of the foulness ravaging Nigeria. Everybody is infected with the virus of ethnic and religious bigotry.

If I were like you now I will remind you of someone who is battling with serious wasting disease but it's not necessary because that is not something to wish on anybody or to gloat about.

I wish it on Gana since all he ever wishes for nigeria is same.

Any CAN agenda targeted against the unity of the country, you'll find him at the forefront.

Now, git!
Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by DozieInc(m): 12:23pm On Jun 23, 2017

1 Like

Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by Mujtahida: 12:25pm On Jun 23, 2017
codedguy1:

It will. It is worth trying. I even think we can fight corruption better with regionalism.

If a certain jagaban is stealing the money of the SW, it will a matter of time before they get rid f him and when they are at it using any method it will not really affect other regions unlike now when people blow up pipelines it affects everyone.

With regionalism most regions will strive to be self sufficient and trade or relate with other regions like 2countries having bilateral agreements only this time we can remove a lot of the protocols because we are actually in the same country.

We actually need each other more than we realise, that's why I don't support secession, but people should have that option if they want.
Don't mind that guy. He's one of the few very narrow minded yoruba guys here. He sings only one boring song:divide, divide, divide.
Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by Sunymoore(m): 12:55pm On Jun 23, 2017
cjrane:

Believe me if Nigeria is restructured, nobody will want to leave. Nigerians know how to live together if everyone can rule their own region and have a right to develop themselves without somebody in Abuja posing an obstacle to any development in parts of Nigeria because they are 5%.

The trouble makers know this, that is why they are kicking against restructuring.

They want the country to violently break up so they can claim whatever they call Igbo investment in the north. What they have failed to factor into their calculations is that if Yoruba does not fight with them and if part of the middle belt also decide not to fight Igbos, then they will be in severe trouble fighting Biafrans alone. It will not take Biafra up to six months to destroy them completely. Then, all those thing they thought about doing will be reversed by Biafrans.
I normally don't comment on issues like this, but, all I can say now is BRING IT ON!!! BRING THE WAR!
Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by coptic: 1:07pm On Jun 23, 2017
Mujtahida:

Actually I'd prefer to be regarded as a Nigerian but if not for the madness that has affected and twisted our national consciousness there's nothing wrong in identifying as Northerners, Easterners etc. Other countries do it and it adds beauty and variety to national identity and consciousness.
Don't mind the bigot.

Thank you.

I have always thought myself a Nigerian too. A nationalist to the core. Still am, but that shouldn't come at the expense of the lives and properties of our people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by Mujtahida: 1:22pm On Jun 23, 2017
coptic:

Thank you.

I have always thought myself a Nigerian too. A nationalist to the core. Still am, but that shouldn't come at the expense of the lives and properties of our people.
That's the way to go. If not for anything at least we are unified by our racial identity as the black race.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by Oxalic(m): 1:24pm On Jun 23, 2017
Good one! Enough is enough!! Time to let the 'colonial' masters in North know that, we have had enough of their lordship.
Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by Diademk07: 1:52pm On Jun 23, 2017
myright:
we have four geographical cardinal points, North, south, east, west. Forget that rubbish creations of the northern cabals. There is nothing like SS... If i may ask you, who introduced the rubbish south south? Was is not a northerner. All your divide and rule tactics as been rubbished by radio biafra. The people of the east are wiser.

Question 2:
Why do you refer to all ethnic groups in the north as Arewa?

Maybe you should read on geopolitical zone.. Yeye.
Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by Maduawuchukwu(m): 2:18pm On Jun 23, 2017
[quote author=mrvitalis post=57769898]If southern politicians have sense ...impower this northern minorities with power ..this will dislodge the power of the Hausa Fulani in nigeria

As far as am concerned middle belt is the trigger in Nigerian politics ...who ever they support becomes majority

The south has never given them and option

We in the south need leaders that can think and plan for politics

Well Fulani's and Hausa's have the playing politics for years before we came along [/quote

Nice analysis there. The middle belt have been practically seeking an alliance with the south for ages. They have voted almost exclusively for southern backed candidates in protest to fulani methods but Southern politicians are nitwits. How many of them have tried to create a strong alliance with the middle belt? How many of them have met with them as it concerns this fiscal federalism issue? How many of them have gone on condolence visit to the middle belt? Our people no just sabi aeg.

1 Like

Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by deedeedee1: 2:20pm On Jun 23, 2017
genieluv:

Speak for Hausas alone and don't interfere into middlebelt issues.
I am from the middlebelt and i am for restructuring of Nigeria. This continous system cannot work anymore. It only serves for advantage to northern elites while northern masses continue to be ravaged by increasing poverty n illiteracy.

**** You hausas want to keep on dragging others in Nigeria backward, but enough of that.
Disintegration is better than restructuring. Middle belt region can have its own separate country
Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by EazyMoh(m): 2:22pm On Jun 23, 2017
Mujtahida:

Go knock your head on the wall. We are Nigerians from middlebelt not North Central. Look at the disparaging way you talk down on the people within that region by tagging it middle belt nonsense.

You are obviously ignorant that J S Tarka a Tiv man was an early advocate for the middle belt with the formation of the United Middle belt Congress with people like Solomon Lar in the party even before Independence. Away with the fraud called North Central. I repeat we are from the middlebelt. Mind you I said 'We' not 'I'
There is nothing wrong identifying as middle belt people, to me the terms middlebelt and north-central are all the same.Where the danger os is trying to give it a religious coloration by calling it middlebelt and other minority tribes/Christians.
Once you give your campaign that coloration two gigantic problems arise.
1. The middle belters who are Muslims will never be loyal to your cause once you disparage Hausa-Fulani at every slight opportunity and try to align with people from Southern Borno and Gombe just because they are Muslims. At the end the middle belt will be divided. and we all know what happens against a divided house.
2. You will generate bad blood from the rest of the north as well and you will be between the south and the north with no ally to turn to. Weigh your options and consider what's best for you.
You people can decide to revive help the Arewanism from the time of Sardauna where every northerner regardless of tribe or religion is treated equal. Burn that alliance completely and try to align with the south (may be join Biafra) or stay independent in the middle.
Nigeria shall be balkanized, let everyone go!
Enough blackmailing the north.

1 Like

Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by EazyMoh(m): 2:29pm On Jun 23, 2017
Mujtahida:

Don't mind them. When it is politically expedient they hug us and tag us Northerners but when it comes to issues of development, manning sensitive positions they ditch us. This is 2017, not 1960
Madam don't be silly, the so called middle belters have been the ones taking a lions share in whatever the north benefits from.
Tell me when middlebelt was ditched for development or appointments.
The FCT we are accused of transferring to our region is in the middle belt, the heads of states from Gowon to IBB to Abdussalam that ruled for such long times are from middlebelt. The northerners accused of cornering Niger Delta oil blocks are mostly middle belters.
What else do you want from the north?

1 Like

Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by deedeedee1: 2:42pm On Jun 23, 2017
Mujtahida:

Don't mind that guy. He's one of the few very narrow minded yoruba guys here. He sings only one boring song:divide, divide, divide.
Nigeria will divide. This is certain.
Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by deedeedee1: 2:45pm On Jun 23, 2017
Mujtahida:

That's the way to go. If not for anything at least we are unified by our racial identity as the black race.
If that is so, then why do we have tribalism and nepotism? Being of the same race does not bring unity. Unless you live in the midst of other races different from yours.
Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by Mujtahida: 2:53pm On Jun 23, 2017
EazyMoh:

There is nothing wrong identifying as middle belt people, to me the terms middlebelt and north-central are all the same.Where the danger os is trying to give it a religious coloration by calling it middlebelt and other minority tribes/Christians.
Once you give your campaign that coloration two gigantic problems arise.
1. The middle belters who are Muslims will never be loyal to your cause once you disparage Hausa-Fulani at every slight opportunity and try to align with people from Southern Borno and Gombe just because they are Muslims. At the end the middle belt will be divided. and we all know what happens against a divided house.
2. You will generate bad blood from the rest of the north as well and you will be between the south and the north with no ally to turn to. Weigh your options and consider what's best for you.
You people can decide to revive help the Arewanism from the time of Sardauna where every northerner regardless of tribe or religion is treated equal. Burn that alliance completely and try to align with the south (may be join Biafra) or stay independent in the middle.
Nigeria shall be balkanized, let everyone go!
Enough blackmailing the north.
Yes we identify as middle belt but we also want to be known as middle belt not North Central.
There's everything wrong with tagging the middle of Nigeria 'North Central'. It's a political formula that violates plain geographical logic. It's at the centre and should appropriately be tagged 'Middlebelt'. We don't have South Central so why should we have North Central?

Let Arewa do their thing. We've romanced with them for long(we in the middle belt fought that bloody civil war not the Hausas or Fulanis because we formed the bulk of the rank and file in the Nigerian military at that time). I'd rather we align with the South and force you guys to answer to the total restructuring of Nigeria especially politically and economically(I hope you know that even in Pre independence politics UMBC was aligned with Awolowo's AG). Let every state control it's own resources. Why of all the delegates to the 2014 conference, only those from Arewa rejected the UNANIMOUS recommendations after they had participated in it? (I say the above out of political expediency and not hatred. I regard every tribe in this country as important but unfortunately not many reason like me so we have to be realistic)

I do not support the middlebelt joining Biafra. It can never happen (even if I were to wish it, - which I don't because I want this country to remain as one- it would still not happen). This is reality.

And I see no reason why the North is not in the forefront clamouring for restructuring. For God's sake if this country is restructured, I don't mind sacrificing to build up manpower, promote education, development in the North just to prove that this region can do it. Just to explode forever the wrong view held by other Nigerians that Aboki get nothing, Aboki no sabi book. Aboki can do exceedingly great even without oil. People! people!! people!!! That's the greatest resource of any nation. And I know from my University days in ABU that those in the North can match their contemporaries in the West, South and East and even surpass them in ALL spheres. All it takes is believe and hardwork. Shikena

Every damn part of this country is important. Let nobody, no tribe, group or section disparage or disregard the other. That is the legacy of the wasted generation of our forebears. It feels good in the heart to hate, mock and deride other groups but experience has shown that it is no good for national development and it would NEVER put food on the table for the vast majority of Nigerians irrespective of tribe or religion. Our conversation must change. All I want is for Nigeria to move forward. Nations are rapidly dropping politics for development and economics. We are here playing politics of division, of hate, of injustice. It has to end. It just has to end.

3 Likes

Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by ICEMAN(m): 2:57pm On Jun 23, 2017
Restructuring is the best initial line of action. Power should be decentralized.
Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by samdung(m): 3:07pm On Jun 23, 2017
I quiet concur with ur submission, this hausas/fulanis when it comes to anything that will benefit the region they limit it to Hausa Fulani states. Middlebelt is not North. We are Middle Belt and if Nigeria is breaking up we stand alone
Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by samdung(m): 3:12pm On Jun 23, 2017
Nowenuse:
I quiet concur with ur submission, this hausas/fulanis when it comes to anything that will benefit the region they limit it to Hausa Fulani states. Middlebelt is not North. We are Middle Belt and if Nigeria is breaking up we stand alone

You are very correct. I am from the middlebelt. The south and the middlebelt needs to unite. Enough of illiterate Hausa-fulanis dominating Nigeria.

Why should illiterates and people who refused to go to school be ruling educated people?
Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by samdung(m): 3:15pm On Jun 23, 2017

Why should illiterates and people who refused to go to school be ruling educated people?[/quote]

I quiet concur with ur submission, this hausas/fulanis when it comes to anything that will benefit the region they limit it to Hausa Fulani states. Middlebelt is not North. We are Middle Belt and if Nigeria is breaking up we stand alone.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Setback For Atiku As Yar Adua’s Group Declares Support For Buhari / Garbi Akuyam Resigns As Bauchi Finance Commissioner / Buhari Congratulates Super Eagles As They Qualify For Quarter-finals AFCON 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.