Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States (19559 Views)

Dogo Isuwa: Middle Belt No Longer Part Of North – MBF Leader / Leaders From The 6 Geopolitical Regions Meet With Peter Obi (Pictures) / Money From The North Used In Developing Western, Eastern Regions- Ango Abdullahi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by breezy87: 10:03am On Jun 23, 2017
don't let this opportunity pass you by,people has been winning,you too can win
Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by codedguy1(m): 10:04am On Jun 23, 2017
deedeedee1:
This old men dont know what they are saying. Regionalism will change nothing. It will only make us hate each other more. If you doubt me, use the first republic as an example. I am certain that if awolowo was alive today, he wont be in support. We dont like each other, so why not just split the country?
Let the country split once and for all

It will. It is worth trying. I even think we can fight corruption better with regionalism.

If a certain jagaban is stealing the money of the SW, it will a matter of time before they get rid f him and when they are at it using any method it will not really affect other regions unlike now when people blow up pipelines it affects everyone.

With regionalism most regions will strive to be self sufficient and trade or relate with other regions like 2countries having bilateral agreements only this time we can remove a lot of the protocols because we are actually in the same country.

We actually need each other more than we realise, that's why I don't support secession, but people should have that option if they want.

2 Likes

Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by adetayo234: 10:10am On Jun 23, 2017
Terkimbi01:
Great move, but we need something more drastic.
we should state clearly that if restructuring is not allowed, we should be left alone to handle our affairs.

I like the South South and the South East, they are bold.

Two men I admire are Nnamdi Kanu and late Gideon Orkar.

Well, the north asked them to goan form biafra, but they chickened out. Maybe they aren't as bold as you think
Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by irrefragable: 10:14am On Jun 23, 2017
EmeeNaka:
Anytime I think of Biafra, the fate of these Northern Minorities,especially the non-muslims,makes me confused but they have never been steadfast in their demand. Today,they want states,in senate or Rep,they will form Arewa there, to frustrate East.
brother, do not pity them. They are the same people that ally with fulani to claim 'one North' and '' 19 northern governors forum '' to frustrate the south.

2 Likes

Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by SuperS1Panther: 10:21am On Jun 23, 2017
We told you in 1994, you all laughed it off.

It took you 23years to realise what we saw in 1994.

Restructuring along regional line is the only viable option for now and the forerunner of separation that will come in years to come, and it will make all regions to be well prepared for the eventual and unavoidable Doomsday and freedom day of separation
Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by eph12(m): 10:22am On Jun 23, 2017
mrvitalis:
If southern politicians have sense ...impower this northern minorities with power ..this will dislodge the power of the Hausa Fulani in nigeria

As far as am concerned middle belt is the trigger in Nigerian politics ...who ever they support becomes majority

The south has never given them and option

We in the south need leaders that can think and plan for politics

Well Fulani's and Hausa's have the playing politics for years before we came along
While you're right, we have gone past power play and grab now, what we need is development at fast pace. What good will come from playing politics and grabbing power? It is obvious that it is not what is done to get to power that matters but what is done after they get the power. For peace to reign and maximising or harnessing every human resource and potential in this country, we need every state or region to fend for themselves. People will be forced to invest more at home and help push their regions or state forward.

If there are doubts about if this will work why don't we try it first? We have been doing same thing for how long now and it's like everything is deteriorating.

The common masses need to understand what's good for them and their unborn generation and work towards that instead of pretending to be a major key player in power play of positioning of power.

1 Like

Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by eph12(m): 10:25am On Jun 23, 2017
adetayo234:

Well, the north asked them to goan form biafra, but they chickened out. Maybe they aren't as bold as you think
Kids!

So the North asking Southerners to leave means the same thing as asking them to form their own country? Useless leaders of tomorrow.

4 Likes

Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by adetayo234: 10:27am On Jun 23, 2017
eph12:

Kids!

So the North asking Southerners to leave means the same thing as asking them to form their own country? Useless leaders of tomorrow.

Are you a blind goat? . The north specifically said they should allow them to form biafra. Were you blind when reading that part?
Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by ExInferis(m): 10:29am On Jun 23, 2017
Nowenuse:

A pipe dream abi? Very soon, this pipe dream will become reality before your eyes!
By the time all middlebelt states and southern states unite and say yes to restructuring, let us see whether you hausa-fulanis would be able to stop everyone else in Nigeria!

Illiterates dragging others in Nigeria backward

If you allow yourselves to be dragged backwards by illiterates, says a lot about your intelligence, right?

Besides, we've been hearing about a supposed christian gang-up since 1960. We're yet to see it.

All you do is whine and hold endless meetings that lead to nothing.

Meanwhile the "illiterates" dominate and rule.
Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by eph12(m): 10:29am On Jun 23, 2017
adetayo234:

You must be a blind idiot. The north specifically said they should allow them to firm biafra. We're you blind when reading that part?
So where is the chickening out there? The Oct 1st ultimatum was it to the federal government or the easterners? Nonsense
Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by adetayo234: 10:31am On Jun 23, 2017
eph12:

So where is the chickening out there? The Oct 1st ultimatum was it to the federal government or the easterners? Nonsense

We know all the systematic begging you guys have been doing since the northerners asked you to leave. IGBOS AREN'T REALLY SERIOUS ABOUT BIAFRA
Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by ExInferis(m): 10:32am On Jun 23, 2017
genieluv:

Speak for Hausas alone and don't interfere into middlebelt issues.
I am from the middlebelt and i am for restructuring of Nigeria. This continous system cannot work anymore. It only serves for advantage to northern elites while northern masses continue to be ravaged by increasing poverty n illiteracy.

**** You hausas want to keep on dragging others in Nigeria backward, but enough of that.

You've been singing the same tune since 1960.

Within the middlebelt you're probably still a minority, so you've endless layers of domination to unshackle from.

Why not stop being a gadfly and go do something about your agenda.
Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by eph12(m): 10:35am On Jun 23, 2017
adetayo234:

We know all the systematic begging you guys have been doing since the northerners asked you to leave. IGBOS AREN'T REALLY SERIOUS ABOUT BIAFRA
If you had sense you would know that it's about preventing​ bloodshed.
Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by adetayo234: 10:38am On Jun 23, 2017
eph12:

If you had sense you would know that it's about preventing​ bloodshed.

See empty flaaaathead making stupid excuse like an idiot. Didn't you guys say you were ready to die for biafra? Or were you just making empty noise while saying that?

Your tribe is filled with souble-mouthed, halfwitted idiots.
Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by eph12(m): 10:43am On Jun 23, 2017
adetayo234:

See empty flaaaathead making stupid excuse like an idiot. Didn't you guys say you were ready to die for biafra? Or were you just making empty noise while saying that?

Your tribe is filled with souble-mouthed, halfwitted idiots.
Yea but so will be retaliation all over the country. The Northerners​ will not separate the East from the West or south south when they start and this will cause Nationwide bloodshed.

You may not even survive it so be thankful. What good will it do if you die now that you're yet to achieve anything in life.

3 Likes

Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by adetayo234: 10:48am On Jun 23, 2017
eph12:

Yea but so will be retaliation all over the country. The Northerners​ will not separate the East from the West or south south when they start and this will cause Nationwide bloodshed.

You may not even survive it so be thankful. What good will it do if you die now that you're yet to achieve anything in life.

Were you not thinking of this while making noise all over the place in 2015/2016?
Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by coptic: 10:52am On Jun 23, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
Can any Hausa Muslim live in Bukuru in Jos, Sabo in Kaduna?

There are Hausa-fulani residents in Bukuru. You'll find them in Kyerana (from Gyero Junction right up to the market. But they live in fear.

The Berom almost smoked them to pieces during the last crisis. It took the intervention of the soldiers to rescuet them.

1 Like

Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by coptic: 10:55am On Jun 23, 2017
Nowenuse:

If you muslims from Niger state want to continue to remain pawns of Hausa-fulanis, you can continue!
The rest of us from the middlebelt want out of that nonsense arewa. Arewa of backwardness!

Why do hausa-fulanis hate progress? See how their elites have impoverished their masses, yet they will never educate or empower their masses, instead they are allocating hundreds of millions to feed them during sallah and build more mosques.

The guy you quoted is not even from Niger State. He's from Kaduna (definitely not Southern Kaduna).

It seems you don't know him. He's one of the arrogant Hausas who cannot express themselves. So they talk rubbish most of the time.

2 Likes

Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by Mujtahida: 10:55am On Jun 23, 2017
fiizznation:
[i]Whenever I see a word like middlebelt, the first thing that usually comes into my mind is "who are these middlebeltans"? The north central comprises of states like kwara, nassarawa, Niger, kogi, benue and plateau states. Even southern kaduna can't be classified as a north central territory due to its geographical location.

The people that are championing this middlebelt nonsense are some very few people in plateau state. Jerry gana is from Niger state, pray tell me, how will he convince his people to be part of one silly thing called middlebelt? He is not a major player in the NC.

When people want to really talk about NC or middlebelt as some people want to call it, then names like IBB, abdulsalam, Jeremiah hussein, gowon, saraki, etc CAN'T be overlooked. These are the decision makers of the region. And I don't see them calling themselves middlebeltans.
[/i|
Go knock your head on the wall. We are Nigerians from middlebelt not North Central. Look at the disparaging way you talk down on the people within that region by tagging it middle belt nonsense.

You are obviously ignorant that J S Tarka a Tiv man was an early advocate for the middle belt with the formation of the United Middle belt Congress with people like Solomon Lar in the party even before Independence. Away with the fraud called North Central. I repeat we are from the middlebelt. Mind you I said 'We' not 'I'

5 Likes

Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by coptic: 10:56am On Jun 23, 2017
hennylove:
Northern minority are not part of arewa group. We don't count as Christian's in such group. And analyse it critically and see if there is any Northern Christian among them we are as marginalize as the igbos

And will never be.

Help me tell them.
Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by eph12(m): 11:01am On Jun 23, 2017
adetayo234:

Were you not thinking of this while making noise all over the place in 2015/2016?
That the North will want to go on a killing spree? No. We were thinking of the FG response.
Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by coptic: 11:03am On Jun 23, 2017
Guyman02:

The reality is that Middle Belt has the power to decide who becomes Nigerias President, it is not the Hausa, Yoruba, Fulani or Igbo.
They have the most arable lands and solid mineral resources which is part of the reasons for herdsmen invasion and displacement of communities.

But the Core North and Arewa group have effectively made the Middle Belt not to realize the enormous powers in their hands to change the course of Nigeria by craftily referring to them as NORTH CENTRAL or Arewa. All Northern Christians and minority tribes should reject the appellation called North Central and stick to that bitter word to ears of the Hausa and Fulani which is Middle Belt

Guyman, you be correct man!
Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by adetayo234: 11:03am On Jun 23, 2017
eph12:

That the North will want to go on a killing spree? No. We were thinking of the FG response.

Your noise was clear then. You were saying "give us biafra or we die". Why are you changing your tune now?
Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by Mujtahida: 11:06am On Jun 23, 2017
fiizznation:
There are many ethnic groups, but at the end of the day, ethnic groups doesn't matter because most of these ethnic groups see themselves as northerners first. Go figure.
You deceive yourself if you think this is 1960. Even before Independence the middle belt already began asserting themselves as a distinct political hub separate from the core North and today the consciousness that we are Nigerians from middlebelt has solidified while the consciousness that we are from the North has weakened. Heck! It was even the people from the middle belt that formed the bulk of the rank and file in the Nigerian military during the Civil War.

1 Like

Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by cjrane: 11:07am On Jun 23, 2017
codedguy1:
Maybe just maybe we can be able tovachiev restructuring peacefully.

But we know the troublemakers will want bloodshed.

Nigeria should stay together with a restructured polity. Simple.

If after that any one wants to go then let them go.

We should make restructuring the first option.

The part I hate about all these talk about Nigeria being indivisible and indissoluble talk by osinbajo is that after saying that he/they never say anything about how to keep Nigeria one. Does he think by just saying it so it will be.

Let everyone cone to a round table and let's discuss about the indivisibility and indissolubility. Luckily there is already a confab report.

Dont know why our leaders are so stvpid in this country because whether we like it or not they are the ones that can make Nigeria remain as one or we end up repeating the civil war, some blood thirsty vampires are baying for blood because that's all they know.

Believe me if Nigeria is restructured, nobody will want to leave. Nigerians know how to live together if everyone can rule their own region and have a right to develop themselves without somebody in Abuja posing an obstacle to any development in parts of Nigeria because they are 5%.

The trouble makers know this, that is why they are kicking against restructuring.

They want the country to violently break up so they can claim whatever they call Igbo investment in the north. What they have failed to factor into their calculations is that if Yoruba does not fight with them and if part of the middle belt also decide not to fight Igbos, then they will be in severe trouble fighting Biafrans alone. It will not take Biafra up to six months to destroy them completely. Then, all those thing they thought about doing will be reversed by Biafrans.

1 Like

Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by wanger50(m): 11:09am On Jun 23, 2017
juman:

The "leaders" in the south are not better, obj and jonathan led for fourteen years even it was during oil boom but they achieved nothing except making their friends billionaires.
OBJ didn't enjoy oil boom.In fact,oil sold for $20 for the most time during his first tenure.Eventually,he left the country with a foreign reserve of $63bln and a debt of $3bln down from the $33bln he inherited having secured debt forgiveness for the country

1 Like

Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by Nword22: 11:09am On Jun 23, 2017
adetayo234:

Your noise was clear then. You were saying "give us biafra or we die". Why are you changing your tune now?

My friend go and have sex with your dirty mother and stop your inferior act here. Basstard.
Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by Newmanluckyman(m): 11:10am On Jun 23, 2017
...Good morning to middle belt.
Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by adetayo234: 11:16am On Jun 23, 2017
Nword22:

My friend go and have sex with your dirty mother and stop your inferior act here. Basstard.

By now, your pprostitute, dog mother would have developed a wide pussssy due to the serial rappe she underwent with almanjiri soldiers. Accept my sympathy.

Most igbos are fools, engage them in logical discussion and they will resort to abuse because they are senseless idiots.
Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by Mujtahida: 11:18am On Jun 23, 2017
Terkimbi01:
Great move, but we need something more drastic.
we should state clearly that if restructuring is not allowed, we should be left alone to handle our affairs.

I like the South South and the South East, they are bold.

Two men I admire are Nnamdi Kanu and late Gideon Orkar.
I admire Orkar but not Kanu. Orkar's elder brother was a Commissioner for Agriculture in Benue State and a friend of my Dad. I remember the Sunday morning of that 1990 coup with our soldier fathers clutching their transistor radios in church in order to get the latest news about the coup. Msugh we
Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by Mujtahida: 11:36am On Jun 23, 2017
myright:
we have four geographical cardinal points, North, south, east, west. Forget that rubbish creations of the northern cabals. There is nothing like SS... If i may ask you, who introduced the rubbish south south? Was is not a northerner. All your divide and rule tactics as been rubbished by radio biafra. The people of the east are wiser.

Question 2:
Why do you refer to all ethnic groups in the north as Arewa?
Your first paragraph is a blatant lie. Is that the misdirection you guys get from Radio Biafra?
Those geopolitical zones were first propounded by Alex Ekwueme at the 1994 Constitutional Conference convened by Abacha and it was part of the PDP constitution a party which Alex Ekwueme was among the founding fathers

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/discordant-tunes-over-6-geo-political-zones/191175.html

As per your second question he can refer to all groups in the North as Arewa but it depends on if he's referring to the North and not the Middle belt.
Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by slivertongue: 11:37am On Jun 23, 2017
fiizznation:
[i]Whenever I see a word like middlebelt, the first thing that usually comes into my mind is "who are these middlebeltans"? The north central comprises of states like kwara, nassarawa, Niger, kogi, benue and plateau states. Even southern kaduna can't be classified as a north central territory due to its geographical location.

The people that are championing this middlebelt nonsense are some very few people in plateau state. Jerry gana is from Niger state, pray tell me, how will he convince his people to be part of one silly thing called middlebelt? He is not a major player in the NC.

When people want to really talk about NC or middlebelt as some people want to call it, then names like IBB, abdulsalam, Jeremiah hussein, gowon, saraki, etc CAN'T be overlooked. These are the decision makers of the region. And I don't see them calling themselves middlebeltans.
[/i|

Middle Belt is a sentiment
its about region and religion

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2023: 6 Former Governors Eyeing APC Chairmanship Seat / President Buhari Signs Independence Celebration Register / 25 Largest Cities/urban Areas In Nigeria By Landmass

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.