Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,068 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States (19561 Views)

Dogo Isuwa: Middle Belt No Longer Part Of North – MBF Leader / Leaders From The 6 Geopolitical Regions Meet With Peter Obi (Pictures) / Money From The North Used In Developing Western, Eastern Regions- Ango Abdullahi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by Casido1(m): 3:31pm On Jun 23, 2017
For a while now I've been silently following the news as well as comments by nairalanders and I have come to realize one very shocking thing. Nairalanders are very gullible people, although to varying degrees, about very important things. One area that comes to mind is this 97%--5% thing which seems to have pervaded our otherwise sound minds. Just to set the records straight, there are over 32 million igbos in Nigeria at the moment --although it is claimed to be much higher-- and 40 million more in the diaspora. So before anyone decides to display their ignorance in public, just do the math, that's if you understand percentages.
Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by Nowenuse: 4:18pm On Jun 23, 2017
[quote author=Maduawuchukwu post=57782917][/quote]

True talk.
Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by Nowenuse: 4:22pm On Jun 23, 2017
EazyMoh:

There is nothing wrong identifying as middle belt people, to me the terms middlebelt and north-central are all the same.Where the danger os is trying to give it a religious coloration by calling it middlebelt and other minority tribes/Christians.
Once you give your campaign that coloration two gigantic problems arise.
1. The middle belters who are Muslims will never be loyal to your cause once you disparage Hausa-Fulani at every slight opportunity and try to align with people from Southern Borno and Gombe just because they are Muslims. At the end the middle belt will be divided. and we all know what happens against a divided house.
2. You will generate bad blood from the rest of the north as well and you will be between the south and the north with no ally to turn to. Weigh your options and consider what's best for you.
You people can decide to revive help the Arewanism from the time of Sardauna where every northerner regardless of tribe or religion is treated equal. Burn that alliance completely and try to align with the south (may be join Biafra) or stay independent in the middle.
Nigeria shall be balkanized, let everyone go!
Enough blackmailing the north.

People from Southern Gombe, Southern Kaduna, Adamawa and Taraba are usually tag along middlebelt struggle because they are northern minorities too just as the people of the north-central are.

Before states and geo-political zones were created, middlebelt was all encompassing of all northern minorities whether Zuru from present day Kebbi state or Marghi from present day Borno state.
As long as you were not Hausa-fulani-Kanuri, you were regarded part of the middlebelt as a northern minority.

1 Like

Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by teebillz: 4:25pm On Jun 23, 2017
TRUTH2020:
THE NORTH SHOULD KNOW THAT THINGS DON CHANGE O 1966 NO BE 2017, 1966 was Nigeria(middle belt, south West, south south) VS Igbos but now it's obvious that if the Core north don't want restructuring then if war happens to be the only option they should know by now already how many regions they will be fighting this time.

I have always said this, if war should break out today, the Igbos will only fight as mercenaries. The theater of war will be far from the east. Middle-Belters are just waiting for any total break down of law and order. They know who to face.

1 Like

Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by Nowenuse: 4:26pm On Jun 23, 2017
Mujtahida:

This is precisely what I have advocated-let the South unite, align with the Middlebelt and we'd cut off this guys in the North and bring them to discuss this country. We in the middle belt are actually the ones who hold the aces in this situation. We are in the middle for God's sake.

That's why I decry the hate exchanges between the Igbos, Yorubas, and the people in the south generally.

You are correct.
Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by HeroicMeastro: 4:37pm On Jun 23, 2017
edunwablog:

https://m.guardian.ng/news/middle-belt-northern-minorities-seek-12-regions-54-states/
Hopeless old cowards!!! the north central do not know you exist. Open up and say you represent a WING of CAN agitating for what is best known to you.
Hypocrites of the highest class.
When did southern kaduna, southern Borno, taraba, adamawa become north central?
Shame on you... Miscreants!!!
Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by EazyMoh(m): 4:41pm On Jun 23, 2017
Nowenuse:

People from Southern Gombe, Southern Kaduna, Adamawa and Taraba are usually tag along middlebelt struggle because they are northern minorities too just as the people of the north-central are.

Before states and geo-political zones were created, middlebelt was all encompassing of all northern minorities whether Zuru from present day Kebbi state or Marghi from present day Borno state.
As long as you were not Hausa-fulani-Kanuri, you were regarded part of the middlebelt as a northern minority.
Does that make sense to you?
Anyway I hope you are formulating how to make up your own country with this random selection, because we fed up with the blackmail. We may issue you your own KD declaration since all you stand for is to be against Hausa-Fulani-Kanuri.
We have no time bullshit!

1 Like

Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by coptic: 5:00pm On Jun 23, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:

Nice analysis there. The middle belt have been practically seeking an alliance with the south for ages. They have voted almost exclusively for southern backed candidates in protest to fulani methods but Southern politicians are nitwits. How many of them have tried to create a strong alliance with the middle belt? How many of them have met with them as it concerns this fiscal federalism issue? How many of them have gone on condolence visit to the middle belt? Our people no just sabi aeg.

I wonder why Southerners and the Middle Belt find it so hard to unite for a common cause.

A united South-middle Belt will leave the core north as clear minorities.

The sheer lack of will is quite disturbing.

In spite of the waves Buhari made in the last elections, he still lost in middle beltan states like Plateau, Taraba, plus the FCT. He won only by a slight margin in states like Benue.

And with the seeming awareness that's sweeping the entire country, thanks to Buhari and his murderous brothers, whichever candidate the middle belt and south settle for will easily emerge victorious. That's four out of six regions for pete's sake! Not counting the large Christian population in the NE.

All we have to do is speak with one voice.

But our leaders lack guts.

1 Like

Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by coptic: 5:01pm On Jun 23, 2017
EazyMoh:

Does that make sense to you?
Anyway I hope you are formulating how to make up your own country with this random selection, because we fed up with the blackmail. We may issue you your own KD declaration since all you stand for is to be against Hausa-Fulani-Kanuri.
We have no time bullshit!

And we also issue our own declaration ordering all Hausa-fulanis back to their zones.

Shikenan.

It's simple as abc...

1 Like

Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by Akissani: 5:40pm On Jun 23, 2017
Terkimbi01:
Great move, but we need something more drastic.
we should state clearly that if restructuring is not allowed, we should be left alone to handle our affairs.

I like the South South and the South East, they are bold.

Two men I admire are Nnamdi Kanu and late Gideon Orkar.
GIDEON ORKAR IS FROM BENUE STATE O
Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by Terkimbi01: 5:54pm On Jun 23, 2017
Akissani:
GIDEON ORKAR IS FROM BENUE STATE O
Where I am from?
Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by Maduawuchukwu(m): 7:44pm On Jun 23, 2017
coptic:

I wonder why Southerners and the Middle Belt find it so hard to unite for a common cause.

A united South-middle Belt will leave the core north as clear minorities.

The sheer lack of will is quite disturbing.

In spite of the waves Buhari made in the last elections, he still lost in middle beltan states like Plateau, Taraba, plus the FCT. He won only by a slight margin in states like Benue.

And with the seeming awareness that's sweeping the entire country, thanks to Buhari and his murderous brothers, whichever candidate the middle belt and south settle for will easily emerge victorious. That's four out of six regions for pete's sake! Not counting the large Christian population in the NE.

All we have to do is speak with one voice.

But our leaders lack guts.

I tell u bro. It is pathetic. We have the ability to control this nation but see how we dey dull like say na jazz.

1 Like

Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jun 23, 2017
mrvitalis:
If southern politicians have sense ...impower this northern minorities with power ..this will dislodge the power of the Hausa Fulani in nigeria

As far as am concerned middle belt is the trigger in Nigerian politics ...who ever they support becomes majority

The south has never given them and option

We in the south need leaders that can think and plan for politics

Well Fulani's and Hausa's have the playing politics for years before we came along

Guy stop writing rubbish. Hausa fulani were not playing any politics before your fathers came along. Military dictatorship is not pilitics. Obadanjo came in 1999 and disloged the northerners and jonathan consolidated it and the hausa fulanis started yearning for power. Sadly, yorubas gave them power. Most importantly, stop hyping the illetrate abokis. You foool. They are below you in all aspects of life.
Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by EzeUche(m): 11:25pm On Jun 23, 2017
The North didn't realize that their words against the Igbos was going to cause more problems for themselves.

No more One North.

3 Likes

Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by freshest4live: 11:55pm On Jun 23, 2017
EzeUche:
The North didn't realize that their words against the Igbos was going to cause more problems for themselves.

No more One North.
Clearly everybody is tired of the North, the Fulani Herdsmen problem has not helped their case, while many from the middle belt, south west and south south, may seek restructuring and dislike kanu, the Fulani Herdsmen saga is what we are really tired of now, and any action in the North against igbos may not leave Nigeria thesame again for it would be considered an action against the entire south.
They had better sit down to discuss restructuring now or allow everyone go her own way.
We are tired of Fulani herdsmen killing people in Delta state.
Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by poseidon12: 12:55am On Jun 24, 2017
Great. Good one from the good people of the Middlebelt. So we basically have a consensus that we should restructure. The only holdout seems to be the core north. And the question is: Why is the core north scared of restructuring?
Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by Terkimbi01: 7:06am On Jun 24, 2017
adetayo234:

Well, the north asked them to goan form biafra, but they chickened out. Maybe they aren't as bold as you think

Some of you don't seem to.understand.

1. Areas do want Biafra or any other republic out of Nigeria

2. The summary of the quit notice is, we are taking over All your investments and properties in the north.

Now, if Nigeria is balkanised today, does not mean people from Arewa cannot live and do business in Biafra or Middle Belt?

There people from South Sudan who lives in Sudan today and vice versa.

The Igbo's are wise to call their bluff.
if they must leave the north, the modus operandi must be negotiated.
Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by Nword22: 5:45pm On Jun 24, 2017
adetayo234:

By now, your pprostitute, dog mother would have developed a wide pussssy due to the serial rappe she underwent with almanjiri soldiers. Accept my sympathy.

Most igbos are fools, engage them in logical discussion and they will resort to abuse because they are senseless idiots.

You mean the one our Igbo soldiers are raping in Noth East and the colonization and rape in South West by our brothers that stationed there.

Get lost you inferior being. Spit on your head and the grave of all your generation. Local champ.
Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by adetayo234: 5:53pm On Jun 24, 2017
Nword22:

You mean the one our Igbo soldiers are raping in Noth East and the colonization and rape in South West by our brothers that stationed there.

Get lost you inferior being. Spit on your head and the grave of all your generation. Local champ.

Is it true that your iimbecile father was holding the fan while almanjiri soldiers were rraping your dog mother? Sorry Ó. Accept my sympathy.
Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by Nword22: 6:03pm On Jun 24, 2017
adetayo234:

Is it true that your iimbecile father was holding the fan while almanjiri soldiers were rraping your dog mother? Sorry Ó. Accept my sympathy.

Like the one the Biafra soldiers did in the West with almost all your ladies and the one they are currently doing to your sisters now in the North.

Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by adetayo234: 6:25pm On Jun 24, 2017
Nword22:

Like the one the Biafra soldiers did in the West with almost all your ladies and the one they are currently doing to your sisters now in the North.

Do you know that if that almanjiri soldier that raped your dog mother had used condom, the world would have been saved from the calamity of your unfortunate birth?
Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by DanielPop(m): 7:19am On Jun 25, 2017
Do you think your 1MB brain is comparable to Profs 10000TB brain? No i guess not! cool
victorDanladi:
So,prof jerry gana brain just started working?
Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by mikolo80: 11:19pm On Jun 25, 2017
deedeedee1:
These old men dont know what they are saying. Regionalism will change nothing. It will only make us hate each other more. If you doubt me, use the first republic as an example. I am certain that if awolowo was alive today, he wont be in support. We dont like each other, so why not just split the country?
Let the country split once and for all
no splitting while oil relevant sorry. just a fact of life
Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by ComrdDRS: 11:48pm On Jun 25, 2017
MIDDLE BELT WILL NEVER AND I REPEAT, WILL NEVER FIGHT FOR HAUSA FOOLANIS AGAIN.

1 Like

Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by Nword22: 11:36am On Jun 26, 2017
adetayo234:

Do you know that if that almanjiri soldier that raped your dog mother had used condom, the world would have been saved from the calamity of your unfortunate birth?

E-pain you that they the Biafrans continue raping your people and colonizing them and we are there to stay grin grin.

E-pain am!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by adetayo234: 1:06pm On Jun 26, 2017
Nword22:

E-pain you that they the Biafrans continue raping your people and colonizing them and we are there to stay grin grin.

E-pain am!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I can't stop wondering how your life would have been productive if you hadn't fall from your mom's back when you were a baby and hit your head on the floor. Accept my sympathy
Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by SLAP44: 7:49am On Oct 03, 2020
ComrdDRS:
MIDDLE BELT WILL NEVER AND I REPEAT, WILL NEVER FIGHT FOR HAUSA FOOLANIS AGAIN.

That will depend on a lot of the things.
Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by omoharry(f): 9:03am On Oct 03, 2020
smh, more states when the existing states can't pay salaries, can't generate revenue.

dismiss national confab. never liked the idea.

Reverting back to true federalism is not rocket science.

True federalism is a system of government that is in black and white.
what is your solution then??
Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by Alaminkd(m): 9:27pm On Oct 14, 2022
The people of northwest and northeast only love Nigeria but the remaining ones are enemy of their nation that is way I my region up north [color=#006600][/color]Nigeria lovers
Re: Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States by Iykoto86(m): 10:09pm On Oct 14, 2022
fiizznation:
Yes anybody in the southeast can be called an easterner. But the man from SW or SS can't be labeled an easterner
Oga that word south south is a big blunder.what if north north ,east east,west west and so on.south south only exists in nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dele Momodu: My Candid Take On 2015 / Acho Ihim Defects To PDP / Yakassai Cautions South-East Governors: "Don’t Go For Self Help"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.