Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,597 members, 7,861,846 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 09:09 PM

Biafra:Why Ijaw,Itshekiri & Urhobo will not Join Biafra - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra:Why Ijaw,Itshekiri & Urhobo will not Join Biafra (3820 Views)

Southern Kaduna Will Join Biafra If Nigeria Breaks Up ā€“ John Danfulani / Biafra: Why Iā€™m Flouting Bail Conditions ā€“ Nnamdi Kanu / Biafra: Why Are Obasanjo, IBB, Others Not Talking On Agitation? ā€“ Doyin Okupe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra:Why Ijaw,Itshekiri & Urhobo will not Join Biafra by ndcide(m): 7:12pm On Jun 24, 2017
The first portion of this thread gave the @op, away. He's neither from the region nor from delta state. The topic of the thread is different from the content.

@op, do something else to keep yourself busy.

To the put so much thought to this and then bring out such crap, shows something is wrong or someone/nairaland is messing up your mind.

Please get busy with better things.
Re: Biafra:Why Ijaw,Itshekiri & Urhobo will not Join Biafra by onuwaje(m): 9:14pm On Jun 24, 2017
Eastfield1:

man.
even ur onuwaje admit that Ijaw & Itshekiri are at Logger head.
such is Confirm by the recent one with d Link below.
[url]http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/05/groups-slam-itsekiri-claim-new-warri/[/b]
But Try to Understand me.
I did not Create this Thread for that Reason.
Intact.
I did not Even Creat this Thread for you people.
why did I Create this thread?!?.
Simple.
I want to Defuse the mind of those few Igbo's who has been attaching you guys to Biafra.
I want them to Understand that the Reason why y'all will never Join Biafra is Stronger that any other reason that can make y'all join Biafra.
that is why I even went to the extent of Given them Examples and Sources
if you Check the Heading of this Post and read the post.
you will understand what I mean
don't misquote me for ur selfish and personal interest. Itsekiri and Ijaws are at loggerheads doesn't mean they are in the battle front

don't misquote me please
Re: Biafra:Why Ijaw,Itshekiri & Urhobo will not Join Biafra by RobbStark(m): 9:17pm On Jun 24, 2017
Eastfield1:
[b]Why Ijaw,Urhobo & Itshekiri will never join Biafra.

Ordinary, I wud have jus read this trash and move along. Jus lije Tonyebarcanista said, you want to see some e-fight as a result of this poo you wrote.

Jus so you know the Ijaws dont want Opobo. Opobo is Ijaw by ecerything you can imagine.
Hw can they annex Opobo wen they are the same people.
This is wat I think you shud do with your life.
Get on a vehicle and later, on a boat and move down to Opobo town.
When you get there, ask the locals who they really are and stop this rubbish of yours.

Jus because your head is flat doesnt mean your brain shud be flat as well.

7 Likes

Re: Biafra:Why Ijaw,Itshekiri & Urhobo will not Join Biafra by onuwaje(m): 9:18pm On Jun 24, 2017
Eastfield1:

just look at this One.
Surely you did not even Reading the Heading of this post before opening it.
but at least try read d post.
Y'all should keep feeling self-important and beating you inflated Ego.
do you actually think that majority of Igbo's want to be in d same Country with you?.
i chose not to reply u cos ur rants lack sensible IQ

1 Like

Re: Biafra:Why Ijaw,Itshekiri & Urhobo will not Join Biafra by Dedetwo(m): 9:28pm On Jun 24, 2017
jared007:
The reason the minorities are scared of joining biafra is becoz biafra is not a fertile ground for the minorities. For example, i ve not heard of an urhobo billionaire that made his money from igbo land.
Urhobo has made so much money from yoruba land and the north. If not for islam, the urhobos are more at peace with the hausas than igbos.
The issue of warri crisis will linger on forever until the itsekiris differentiate between ode-itsekiri or iwere (old warri) and warri town ( new warri).

It is your prerogative to stay in Niger-Area. IPOB cannot beg Urhobo to join Biafra. Not every dumbass shall become Biafra.
Re: Biafra:Why Ijaw,Itshekiri & Urhobo will not Join Biafra by Eastfield1: 10:11pm On Jun 24, 2017
RobbStark:

Jus so you know the Ijaws dont want Opobo. Opobo is Ijaw by ecerything you can imagine.
Hw can they annex Opobo wen they are the same people.
Nw This is funny
It seems like every Ijaws children has been fed with this Opobo is Ijaw slogan or may be you people seems to have this Land Encroachment Syndrome that makes you convulse and lay claim to people and Land that does not belong to you.
But that Case of Opobo will be a suicide for you people if you try it

Jus because your head is flat doesnt mean your brain shud be flat as well.
You are even Childish self
Re: Biafra:Why Ijaw,Itshekiri & Urhobo will not Join Biafra by felicitywe(m): 11:06pm On Jun 24, 2017
jared007:
The reason the minorities are scared of joining biafra is becoz biafra is not a fertile ground for the minorities. For example, i ve not heard of an urhobo billionaire that made his money from igbo land.
Urhobo has made so much money from yoruba land and the north. If not for islam, the urhobos are more at peace with the hausas than igbos.
The issue of warri crisis will linger on forever until the itsekiris differentiate between ode-itsekiri or iwere (old warri) and warri town ( new warri).
You reason like a child.
Re: Biafra:Why Ijaw,Itshekiri & Urhobo will not Join Biafra by fratermathy(m): 2:21am On Jun 25, 2017
Efewestern:
Let me address some issues raised on your article .

First of all the itsekiris were never at the mercy of ijaw, the crisis cost both itsekiri, ijaw and urhobo a lot and since that crisis no tribe dare bring the issue of war.

And secondly the issue of warri city and warri kingdom.

Warri city: warri city is owned by urhobo/isoko , itsekiri and ijaw with 80% of the city been in urhobo land.

Warri Kingdom: Warri kingdom refers to Itsekiri domain, the itsekiris refers to their land as iwerre or warri, so when the itsekiris say Olu of warri they mean Lord of all itsekiri land. while urhobo ONLY make use of warri when refering to urhobo towns in warri city. don't mix them up.

a little contributions from some of my brothers will make you understand warri a little bit

cc:
onuwaje
asaimagho
frathermathy

Like TonyeBarcanista said, this thread was created to cause disaffection so there was no need for a response. The Op didn't create the thread to be educated but to throw jibes, as if in retaliation to our constant denial of their Biafra.

I am glad that they finally realise why WE CAN NEVER BE A PART OF THEIR BIAFRA!

5 Likes

Re: Biafra:Why Ijaw,Itshekiri & Urhobo will not Join Biafra by fratermathy(m): 2:35am On Jun 25, 2017
felicitywe:

You reason like a child.

For stating the fact that you so much hate to hear?

You guys should assimilate this and make peace with it. Jared007 is right.

Urhobos will always be more at home and at peace in Yorubaland than elsewhere. To put it in comparative terms, we would rather stay with Hausas than with Igbos.

It is not a thing of hate but what history and experience have predisposed us to, coupled with the forceful rhetoric of online miscreants and IPOB youths who think everyone's land in the South is up for grabs.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra:Why Ijaw,Itshekiri & Urhobo will not Join Biafra by Ogbuefi2020: 4:16am On Jun 25, 2017
Biafra is not for lazy ogogoro drinkers
Re: Biafra:Why Ijaw,Itshekiri & Urhobo will not Join Biafra by Ogbuefi2020: 4:33am On Jun 25, 2017
jared007:
you be big ode confirm, don't you know that the money was forcefully taken from Urhoboland and criminally allocated to North and Yorubaland through political machinations in the first place? of course everybody moves in the direction of the money and i bet you Igbos never carried last in that regard

1 Like

Re: Biafra:Why Ijaw,Itshekiri & Urhobo will not Join Biafra by eastsidechillz: 8:49am On Jun 25, 2017
michelz:

Why do you want Biafra sir?
Quota system
Hausafulani supremacy.
Religious extremism.
50 years of no single development.
None or decayed infrastructure.
Tribalism
Killing of Igbos since 1945.
Dependency on oil.
Sectionalism
Infact everything is wrong with dis country

1 Like

Re: Biafra:Why Ijaw,Itshekiri & Urhobo will not Join Biafra by RobbStark(m): 10:16am On Jun 25, 2017
Eastfield1:

Nw This is funny
It seems like every Ijaws children has been fed with this Opobo is Ijaw slogan or may be you people seems to have this Land Encroachment Syndrome that makes you convulse and lay claim to people and Land that does not belong to you.
But that Case of Opobo will be a suicide for you people if you try it

You are even Childish self

Mr Igbo, tell me hw the people of Opobo address their king. tell me the names the people of Opobo bear if they are Igbo as you claim.
Also tell me the names of the villages in Opobo too if they have Igbo names.

You can never win this arguement cos you dont know ish about the Ijaws in Rivers State.

1 Like

Re: Biafra:Why Ijaw,Itshekiri & Urhobo will not Join Biafra by michelz: 10:52am On Jun 25, 2017
eastsidechillz:

Quota system
Hausafulani supremacy.
Religious extremism.
50 years of no single development.
None or decayed infrastructure.
Tribalism
Killing of Igbos since 1945.
Dependency on oil.
Sectionalism
Infact everything is wrong with dis country
I get you,but these are not enough reasons to demand a separate country.
All what you mentioned can be effectively addressed by restructuring the current system.
It will benefit Igbos more to continue as Nigerians ( atleast,for now) until such a time they're well prepared.
Igbos suffered a great deal to get to their present stage in the nation since after the war and it will be plain stupidity to lose all what they've achieved in their quest for Biafra. Infact,Igbos should be the ones at the fore front of championing a united Nigeria until such a time they're ready for their on country,which sadly is not yet ripe.
Tribalism,religious extremism,bad leadership,unhealthy competition and discrimination,lack of development etc are still very much present in SE.
What Igbos should do now is to hold their leaders and elites accountable for the resources under their control,start thinking homewards in investments and to push for restructuring of the country.
Re: Biafra:Why Ijaw,Itshekiri & Urhobo will not Join Biafra by eastsidechillz: 12:06pm On Jun 25, 2017
michelz:

I get you,but these are not enough reasons to demand a separate country.
All what you mentioned can be effectively addressed by restructuring the current system.
It will benefit Igbos more to continue as Nigerians ( atleast,for now) until such a time they're well prepared.
Igbos suffered a great deal to get to their present stage in the nation since after the war and it will be plain stupidity to lose all what they've achieved in their quest for Biafra. Infact,Igbos should be the ones at the fore front of championing a united Nigeria until such a time they're ready for their on country,which sadly is not yet ripe.
Tribalism,religious extremism,bad leadership,unhealthy competition and discrimination,lack of development etc are still very much present in SE.
What Igbos should do now is to hold their leaders and elites accountable for the resources under their control,start thinking homewards in investments and to push for restructuring of the country.

I agree that restructuring will solve most of these things.

But these Northern oligarchy will never settle for it, that's why all Southerners should support Secession so that

They will settle for Total restructuring.

As things stands now, if the Igbos SUCCESFULLY exits

The North will make a pepper soup of other regions.
Re: Biafra:Why Ijaw,Itshekiri & Urhobo will not Join Biafra by omenkaLives(m): 12:38pm On Jun 25, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Efe, you owe nobody explanation on the Ijaw/Itsekiri/Urhobo issue.

The OP just want to cause e-war among the tribes; that is his purpose of creating the thread.

The question is, what is HIS INTEREST in this subject when he is neither Ijaw nor Itsekiri nor Urhobo nor even a Deltan (and definitely he isn't from the South south geopolitical zone)?

I saw a lot of crap and misinformation but I won't bother responding because they came from a misinformed and ill-conceived mind.
You won't bother to respond but because it came from "a misinformed and ill-conceived mind" but because you have become scared of these irritating kids and fear you'd incur their wrath like you did in the last.

Dude, they've successfully gagged you. Admit it.

1 Like

Re: Biafra:Why Ijaw,Itshekiri & Urhobo will not Join Biafra by Justiceleague1: 1:35pm On Jun 25, 2017
omenkaLives:
You won't bother to respond but because it came from "a misinformed and ill-conceived mind" but because you have become scared of these irritating kids and fear you'd incur their wrath like you did in the last.

just as ortom has gagged u with 'WEEBAIRO'...
Abeg go pack the nonsense thrash cursedabiola don dump4u grin

op,we might not join ipob,but count us outta da 4kn xoo that consists of mallas and a4onjas,tufiakwa! angry

2 Likes

Re: Biafra:Why Ijaw,Itshekiri & Urhobo will not Join Biafra by nengibo: 1:50pm On Jun 25, 2017
RobbStark:

Mr Igbo, tell me hw the people of Opobo address their king. tell me the names the people of Opobo bear if they are Igbo as you claim.

You can never win this arguement cos you dont know ish about the Ijaws in Rivers State.
Don't bother answering dat guy, he is clearly a madman, he said Ijaw is dragging Eastern Obolo with Akwaibom, smh....
Re: Biafra:Why Ijaw,Itshekiri & Urhobo will not Join Biafra by Justiceleague1: 1:58pm On Jun 25, 2017
eastsidechillz:

I agree that restructuring will solve most of these things.

But these Northern oligarchy will never settle for it, that's why all Southerners should support Secession so that

They will settle for Total restructuring.

As things stands now, if the Igbos SUCCESFULLY exits

The North will make a pepper soup of other regions.
dont allow urself to be deceived..the eastern leaders aint accountable for anything,are they the ones to establish ports in the east? are they the ogas to channel excess freights from lagos to warri and ph and onne ports? Are they the ones to order headqtrs of oil companies back to base of exploration and operation? Resources in the form of monetary allocations doesnt solve a thing,otherwise,the entire north,that corners a larger chunk of fg allocation and the country's wealth,would've transformed into dubai long b4 now. Apart from lagos,whats there to show distinctively in other sw states?

Total restructuring and true federalism/resource control are the only way out. And as u rightly put it,the north wud never acquise to that,hence they leave us with no choice buh to sound the drum of self determination..i wonder why that is to hard for afonjas to digest..

1 Like

Re: Biafra:Why Ijaw,Itshekiri & Urhobo will not Join Biafra by cursedAbiola(f): 2:02pm On Jun 25, 2017
[s]
omenkaLives:

[/s]
another trash
Re: Biafra:Why Ijaw,Itshekiri & Urhobo will not Join Biafra by Eastfield1: 1:49am On Jun 26, 2017
RobbStark:

you can as well tell me the one and only language of Opobo people.
Clown!!
Re: Biafra:Why Ijaw,Itshekiri & Urhobo will not Join Biafra by Eastfield1: 7:59am On Jun 26, 2017
nengibo:

Don't bother answering dat guy, he is clearly a madman, he said Ijaw is dragging Eastern Obolo with Akwaibom, smh....
Kid
I guess you are a new Bee on Nairaland.
Click that link and Look at ur TonyeBarcanista & Akwa Ibom People Fighting Dirty over Eastern Obolo
https://www.nairaland.com/2879913/ijaws-know/1
you can also open the link below to see them fighting With Edo people over Gelegele
http://dailypost.ng/2017/05/17/edo-state-belongs-ijaw-people-binis-strangers-egypt-ipdi/
https://www.nairaland.com/3805009/edo-belongs-ijaws-binis-strangers
hold on let me dig out more thread where ur Tonye & Akwa Ibom are fighting over Obolo
Re: Biafra:Why Ijaw,Itshekiri & Urhobo will not Join Biafra by nengibo: 8:55am On Jun 26, 2017
Eastfield1:

Kid
I guess you are a new Bee on Nairaland.
Click that link and Look at ur TonyeBarcanista & Akwa Ibom People Fighting Dirty over Eastern Obolo
https://www.nairaland.com/2879913/ijaws-know/1
you can also open the link below to see them fighting With Edo people over Gelegele
http://dailypost.ng/2017/05/17/edo-state-belongs-ijaw-people-binis-strangers-egypt-ipdi/
https://www.nairaland.com/3805009/edo-belongs-ijaws-binis-strangers
hold on let me dig out more thread where ur Tonye & Akwa Ibom are fighting over Obolo
Can't you see where you are wrong, what is Akwa Ibom if not a state of ethnic groups, show me where he was fighting with Obolo ppl, like d way igbos do with d minorities dey try to landgrab, if you want i can bring articles too
Re: Biafra:Why Ijaw,Itshekiri & Urhobo will not Join Biafra by nengibo: 8:56am On Jun 26, 2017
Eastfield1:

you can as well tell me the one and only language of Opobo people.
Clown!!
Is Ibani language dead?
Re: Biafra:Why Ijaw,Itshekiri & Urhobo will not Join Biafra by Eastfield1: 9:06am On Jun 26, 2017
nengibo:

Can't you see where you are wrong, what is Akwa Ibom if not a state of ethnic groups, show me where he was fighting with Obolo ppl, like d way igbos do with d minorities dey try to landgrab, if you want i can bring articles too
you are even dumber than I thought self
Re: Biafra:Why Ijaw,Itshekiri & Urhobo will not Join Biafra by nengibo: 9:10am On Jun 26, 2017
Eastfield1:

you are even dumber than I think self
Have a nice day, I won't discuss with an eboe re tard
Re: Biafra:Why Ijaw,Itshekiri & Urhobo will not Join Biafra by Eastfield1: 9:14am On Jun 26, 2017
nengibo:
Is Ibani language dead?
Tell me. where is ibani spoken in Opobo?!?
Re: Biafra:Why Ijaw,Itshekiri & Urhobo will not Join Biafra by nengibo: 9:17am On Jun 26, 2017
Eastfield1:

Tell me.
where is ibani spoken in Opobo?!?
The word Opobo is what language?
Don't quote me again, you are not an Ibani man, so dere is no point talking to an igbo landgrabber about another mans ethnicity.
Re: Biafra:Why Ijaw,Itshekiri & Urhobo will not Join Biafra by Eastfield1: 9:46am On Jun 26, 2017
nengibo:

The word Opobo is what language?
Don't quote me again, you are not an Ibani man, so dere is no point talking to an igbo landgrabber about another mans ethnicity.
kid
Stop Beating about the Bush and answer my Question.you & Robbstark

Yes,Jaja(An Igbo man) gave his Empire the name Opobo,in respect to an Ijaw King who he(Jaja) admire so much.
and that is also how the names of the town came about.
You can Give buhari an Ibani or Ijaw name and if you like give him an Ibani Tittle.
Will that Make Buhari an Ibani or Ijaw man??that will not Change the fact about the Origin of Buhari and the Fact that He is an Hausa-fulani man who can never do with Speaking Hausa & can never stop speaking Hausa- the Language of his ancestors and Originator just like Opobo people
the only language that proved where they come from.
Now,with President Buhari Ibani name & Ijaw tittle,if you want to Judge & find out who Buhari is and which tribe he came from.
Will Buhari Ibani name and Tittle be place above his Origin & Hausa language
and I repeat.
what is the one & only language of Opobo people?!?

1 Like

Re: Biafra:Why Ijaw,Itshekiri & Urhobo will not Join Biafra by nengibo: 10:29am On Jun 26, 2017
Eastfield1:

kid

Yes,Jaja(An Igbo man) gave his Empire the name Opobo,in respect to an Ijaw King who he(Jaja) admire so much.
You can Give buhari an Ibani or Ijaw name and if you like give him an Ibani Tittle.
Will that Make Buhari an Ibani or Ijaw man??that will not Change the fact about the Origin of Buhari and the Fact that He is an Hausa-fulani man who can never do with Speaking Hausa & can never stop speaking Hausa- the Language of his ancestors and Originator just like Opobo people
Now,with President Buhari Ibani name & Ijaw tittle,if you want to Judge & find out who Buhari is and which tribe he came from.
and I repeat.
Buhari is a Fulani, speaking Hausa doesnt make him a Hausa man, find another analogy landgrabber

1 Like

Re: Biafra:Why Ijaw,Itshekiri & Urhobo will not Join Biafra by nengibo: 10:29am On Jun 26, 2017
Eastfield1:

kid

and I repeat.
Ibani language is the only indigenous language

1 Like

Re: Biafra:Why Ijaw,Itshekiri & Urhobo will not Join Biafra by Eastfield1: 10:40am On Jun 26, 2017
nengibo:

Ibani language is the only indigenous language
Your mother told you that Ibani is the language??
Watch the avideo below and tell me what language the opobo are speaking there?
No need talking to some one as Ignorant as you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hO3xLlXf-8M

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Checkout Newly Introduced Additional Uniforms Launched By The Nigeria Customs / The Current State Of MKO Abiola Stadium In Abuja (photos) / WARNING! ! ! Governors Are Calling For War If They Prevent Us From Grazing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.