Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,062 members, 7,953,221 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:38 PM

Fashola Unveils The Logo Of Lagos Carnival 2010. - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Fashola Unveils The Logo Of Lagos Carnival 2010. (7290 Views)

Pictures Of Lagos Carnival And Water Regatta 2015 / Man Turns Attraction At Lagos Carnival (photo) / Lagos Carnival Easter 2013: (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Unveils The Logo Of Lagos Carnival 2010. by paddylo1(m): 8:52pm On Jan 27, 2010
Babapupa has a point - aloy.emeka has placed anambra/igbo posts here that have nothing to do with politics.
I recall a thread where an igbo accomplished some feat in education that was placed here by aloy.emeka.

You don't have any moral standing to criticize someone doing the samething you do.

seriously i would rather have positive posts like this of different Governors actually doing something in their respective states
than all the rubbish posts that currently litter this political section

as for alloy.emeka,if he can just see through his blind hate of anything lagos
he will realize that 50% or more of lagos residents come from all over the rest of Nigeria and the world
and that anything that is good for lagos
is good for all of Nigeria
Re: Fashola Unveils The Logo Of Lagos Carnival 2010. by otawa: 8:56pm On Jan 27, 2010
The governor should leave this to the private sector.

He should rather focus on more serious issues like security, electricity and enabling environment.

Above all, he should be building lasting structures for state institutions.

Remember Mr Obasanjo wasted our money with his useless FESTAC 77.
Re: Fashola Unveils The Logo Of Lagos Carnival 2010. by vangogh: 10:44pm On Jan 27, 2010
As Nigerians we must learn to appreciate our culture.
Most major cities across the world celebrate one carnival or the other. Why should it be different for Lagos?

Like every major city, Lagos has its own share problems: however, that does not mean that Lagosians should not celebrate cultural events.
The city of New Orleans went thru a devastation in 2005, yet they continue to stage Mardi Gras yearly.
Re: Fashola Unveils The Logo Of Lagos Carnival 2010. by Fhemmmy: 11:31pm On Jan 27, 2010
So what is wrong in the unveiling? it is not that the governor has not being doing a good job, so supporting a carnival that will probably bring money into the system . . . . .i am sure some people will even travel from other part of the world for the carnival, infact, tell me if this was not how come other nations, not even states started working on their tourism?

I think we just need to do something about the hatred, we all Nigerians and let us try to celebrate one another.
Re: Fashola Unveils The Logo Of Lagos Carnival 2010. by babapupa: 12:01am On Jan 28, 2010
blacksta:

You need to get your head checked what bad belle - I am resident of Lagos state and i am happy we have some one like BRF but lately i believe the man is losing focus - Which one would you choose - Repair roads in Oworonshoki or hold a carnival - not everybody can afford to attend carnival in V.I u know

You guys no dey shame ni? Your minds are so polluted with bad bele that basic reasoning dey constantly elude you.

States don't sponsor/fund carnivals, private organizations do and I'm 100% sure the carnival is gonna be privately funded just like the last Eyo festival.

Do you have any idea the kind of money the state go rake in?

Do you have any idea how much lagosians go make via influx of money, goods and services from all over the world?

Do you have any idea the kind of good image/good will states and countries garners from well orchestrated and produced carnivals and festivals?

Are you willing to bet your last dollar that folks from Ajegunle are not gonna be out there peddling their goods and services and making serious money?

Is it lost on you that communal festivities like carnivals bridge gaps and bring people together?

What's next/ Fashola and Lagosians shouldn't breath air or drink water till every inch of Lagos is tared?

Btw, I'm willing to bet you're not a Lagosian and you don't pay taxes in Lagos.

And if the tin dey bother you and you no fit sleep, go back to your village, I'm very sure all the roads are smoothly tared.

The fact is, folks like you are dangerously shortsighted and by any means necessary shouldn't part of any administrative body, you're just too narrow minded and regressive for your own good and the people around you.
Re: Fashola Unveils The Logo Of Lagos Carnival 2010. by Fhemmmy: 12:11am On Jan 28, 2010
I am yet to see what is wrong with holding the Carnival, i am sorry, cos like i said, this could be a start of good tourism industry in Lagos.
Re: Fashola Unveils The Logo Of Lagos Carnival 2010. by blacksta(m): 12:22am On Jan 28, 2010
Here comes BRF's brother or stalker Defender and yes i was born and breed in lagos and dont have a village to go to go . I asked a simple question is lagos not overwhelmed with festive events.
Re: Fashola Unveils The Logo Of Lagos Carnival 2010. by babapupa: 12:43am On Jan 28, 2010
Fhemmmy:

I am yet to see what is wrong with holding the Carnival, i am sorry, cos like i said, this could be a start of good tourism industry in Lagos.

Of course there's nothing wrong with it, some folks just got to display their bad bele and shortsightedness as usual.

The carnival idea is a brilliant idea, the state is obviously trying to show some leadership by repackaging the existing Fanti carnival and bumping it up to international standard just like they did last Eyo festival.

This is definitely another good sign that Lagos is successfully pulling back from the edge of abyss and chaos, we're reclaiming what we've lost, we're reclaiming our long lost glory. Crime in a state of 18 million people is unbelievably so low that night life is back and raging in every corner of the state, festivals and carnivals are back, the state is in good and capable hands administratively.

We've come a long way after years of decay and neglect, things are looking up, the state is rolling out projects after projects and we're looking forward to so many more. Just like the governor said, our best days are ahead of us, not behind us.
Re: Fashola Unveils The Logo Of Lagos Carnival 2010. by blacksta(m): 12:58am On Jan 28, 2010
Just hope brf becomes d life Guv of Lagos state so we can have more carnivals
Re: Fashola Unveils The Logo Of Lagos Carnival 2010. by babapupa: 1:17am On Jan 28, 2010
blacksta:

Here comes BRF's brother or stalker Defender and yes i was born and breed in lagos and dont have a village to go to  go .  I asked a simple question is lagos not overwhelmed with festive events.

You're free to repeat it as many times as you want, you're not a lagosian.

The problem with people like you is lack of honesty, you did not ask a simply question, you asserted that it was "Another avenue to waste money" even though you have not a single idea per who's paying, how much it's gonna cost, unless you're willing to post the cost estimate if the state don secretly send am to you.

You also asserted that they need to tar roads before organizing carnivals even though as usual, you have no clue per the state's level of participation. , but you don't care anyways, yours is just to display bad bele regardless.

You also asserted that "not everybody can afford to attend carnival in V.I" Again, you have no clue per where the festival is gonna be staged. Also, festivals and carnivals are free. The state even provided free transportation all over the state for every lagosian to attend and participate in the last eyo festival, even tourists from all over were bused to TBS free of charge.

Now, what was your simple question again?

Stop lying, be honest,  be yourself and wear your bad bele uniform with pride. We're not mumu and we see people like you coming all the time.
Re: Fashola Unveils The Logo Of Lagos Carnival 2010. by mamagee3(f): 1:39am On Jan 28, 2010
Fashola would soon die of heart attack if he doesn't stop over working himself.
Re: Fashola Unveils The Logo Of Lagos Carnival 2010. by Vallo57(m): 2:39am On Jan 28, 2010
mama-gee:

Mama-gee, you call that work? The brilliant governor hasn't done nothing yet. By the time the real thing start, as you open mouth so, you no go
fit close am(abeg close mouth o, before you catch fly). Make una no worry , the mainland project is the next big thing coming.
Eko oni baje o. Eko akete ile ogbon.
Re: Fashola Unveils The Logo Of Lagos Carnival 2010. by paddylo1(m): 3:00am On Jan 28, 2010
Stop lying, be honest, be yourself and wear your bad bele uniform with pride.

lol. . . grin cool
Re: Fashola Unveils The Logo Of Lagos Carnival 2010. by 9jafreak: 2:16pm On Jan 29, 2010
[size=13pt]Great job again Governor Fash.

Eko for Show. Every great City needs a soul.[/size]
Re: Fashola Unveils The Logo Of Lagos Carnival 2010. by honeric01(m): 3:16pm On Jan 29, 2010
Carry on jare.

Abeg, anyone with the rain way details?
Re: Fashola Unveils The Logo Of Lagos Carnival 2010. by compressor(m): 4:00pm On Jan 29, 2010
Nairalander Babapupa,do take note that Post Codes are not state specific but Town specific.In essence,all towns in Nigeria have their specific Post Code which you can access at any NIPOST office.Lets stop this Post Code IGNORANCE for good.
Also,you sound more like Nazi Hitler/Pieter Botha when condemning others who defer with you on opinions.People like you don't give me much to hope for in Nigeria.
Re: Fashola Unveils The Logo Of Lagos Carnival 2010. by initiator(m): 4:07pm On Jan 29, 2010
There have been too many carnivals in the country, I must say.

It is becoming a fad.

Calabar has set the pace for street carnivals.

Lagos should just carve a niche - beach carnivals for instance.
Re: Fashola Unveils The Logo Of Lagos Carnival 2010. by Princek12(m): 4:53pm On Jan 29, 2010
mama-gee:

Hater! It is a blessing to have a governor who works (but you call it overwork) hard in order to ensure that essential government prerogatives that will ensure a good quality of life for the state citizens are implemented. Why does it not surprise me that a cynical statement like yours always comes from Ibo people who do not want anything good to come out of Lagos State?
Re: Fashola Unveils The Logo Of Lagos Carnival 2010. by Ben13: 4:54pm On Jan 29, 2010
Rabbish!! It's only a state in a nation.
Re: Fashola Unveils The Logo Of Lagos Carnival 2010. by Princek12(m): 5:00pm On Jan 29, 2010
blacksta:

You need to get your head checked what bad belle - I am resident of Lagos state and i am happy we have some one like BRF  but  lately i believe the man is losing focus  -  Which one would you choose  - Repair roads in Oworonshoki or hold a carnival  - not everybody can afford to attend carnival in V.I u know

Why can't you concurrently build infrastructure and promote Arts & Culture? It can be done. It is illiterates & uncivilized people like you who don't recognize the significant importance celebrating one's Arts & Culture as a means to promote culture and self worth while boosting tourism. It is amazing how people think.

Most civilized cities celebrate different carnivals; for instance, Mardi Gras in New Orleans, carnival in Barbados and Brazil, and the likes. Nigerians should be happy that the state executive is lending his support to a carnival designed to boost our culture. Na waa for the way some people think.
Re: Fashola Unveils The Logo Of Lagos Carnival 2010. by Princek12(m): 5:06pm On Jan 29, 2010
Aloy Emeka

You are a bonafide Ibo tribalist. It takes civilized minds to appreciate the importance of celebrating one's Arts & Culture. I know you will not understand, just like many villagers who are uncivilized. But I understand, and that is why people like Fashola is trying increase the standard by which other state executives will be judged. Fashola is also trying to show to other States how a city should be run and how to market our culture to the international community.
Re: Fashola Unveils The Logo Of Lagos Carnival 2010. by alanbolo(m): 5:41pm On Jan 29, 2010
Princek12:

. . . . .  Fashola is trying increase the standard by which other state executives will be judged. Fashola is also trying to show to other States how a city should be run and how to market our culture to the international community.

Nice One,  A word is enough 4 d "wise"
Re: Fashola Unveils The Logo Of Lagos Carnival 2010. by okunoba(m): 6:31pm On Jan 29, 2010
@princek12, y do u call Aloy Emeka an ethnic bigot(tribalist)?

@Aloy Emeka, i understand what u saying u just chose the wrong topic. Unveiling the Logo 4 the carnival is news worthy but I guess u abit tired of the constant praise singing 4 fashola, i agree it`s over the top.
Re: Fashola Unveils The Logo Of Lagos Carnival 2010. by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jan 29, 2010
okunoba:

@Aloy Emeka, i understand what u saying u just chose the wrong topic. Unveiling the Logo 4 the carnival is news worthy but I guess u abit tired of the constant praise singing 4 fashola, i agree it`s over the top.

if the threads about Fashola annoy you, here's one where you and your type can feel more comfortable and happier:

Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos)

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-98768.0.html

enough said.

i dont know where they breed you people.
Re: Fashola Unveils The Logo Of Lagos Carnival 2010. by samsoft(m): 7:56pm On Jan 29, 2010
I don't think this guy get work
Re: Fashola Unveils The Logo Of Lagos Carnival 2010. by Princek12(m): 8:04pm On Jan 29, 2010
okunoba:

I called him an tribalist because he antagonizes only good news that comes from Lagos. The hateful undertones are inevitable. He is also quick to highlight the negatives of Lagos but quick to categorize as trivial any of Fashola's achievements. He does not trivialize any achievements that come from the East, and he knows what I'm saying is true even if he fails to admit it.
Re: Fashola Unveils The Logo Of Lagos Carnival 2010. by whiteroses(f): 8:06pm On Jan 29, 2010
this thread is gay lol

samsoft:

I don't think this guy get work
no mind them, half of them nor even step foot in lagos before grin
Re: Fashola Unveils The Logo Of Lagos Carnival 2010. by Alpha3006: 9:10pm On Jan 29, 2010
Each time i see Fashola either on paper or Tv i dont always bother to know the content cos i so much believe in the guy he's doing the right thing.I'm kind of jealous that i'm not from Lagos but all the same EKO O NI BAJE
Re: Fashola Unveils The Logo Of Lagos Carnival 2010. by okunoba(m): 9:43pm On Jan 29, 2010
@Princek12,  highlighting the negatives of Lagos isn`t a good bench mark 4 labeling someone a bigot especially when all the negatives are there 4 all to see. He might not trivialize any achievements from the East neither does he sing their praise every second of the day, like some of us do with Fashola .
The man is only saying it`s still too early 4 the god like worship of Fashola, Lagos still as too many problems 4 that.

I think u need to stop looking at issues with ethnic lenses.  Aloy is one of the few on Nairaland that tries to be fair regardless of ethnicity. I don`t think Fashola is as great as u guys make him out to be, does that make me an ethnic bigot?

Fashola is doing okay but his praise singing is way over the top. Eco o ni baje though oti baje pata pata. I hope he continues on the right path.
Re: Fashola Unveils The Logo Of Lagos Carnival 2010. by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jan 29, 2010
^^ give it a rest plz.

You tend to be annoying to say the least.

Trust a Nigerian to always fight for criminality.
Re: Fashola Unveils The Logo Of Lagos Carnival 2010. by Princek12(m): 10:08pm On Jan 29, 2010
okunoba:

@Princek12,  [b]highlighting the negatives of Lagos isn`t a good bench mark 4 labeling someone a bigot especially when all the negatives are there 4 all to se[/b]e. He might not trivialize any achievements from the East neither does he sing their praise every second of the day, like some of us do with Fashola .
The man is only saying it`s still too early 4 the god like worship of Fashola, Lagos still as too many problems 4 that.

I think u need to stop looking at issues with ethnic lenses.  Aloy is one of the few on Nairaland that tries to be fair regardless of ethnicity. I don`t think Fashola is as great as u guys make him out to be, does that make me an ethnic bigot?

Fashola is doing okay but his praise singing is way over the top. Eco o ni baje though oti baje pata pata. I hope he continues on the right path.

when you have only negative things to say about a particular tribe without anything positive to say, even when positive things abound, you are a tribalist. A fair, objective person will commend the positives and criticize the negatives. All Emeka talks about is the negatives without an ounce of praise. May I guess? You are Ibo, right? I am calling a spade a spade. Emeka always talks about Biafra this and how Nigeria will split. Give me a phucking break!
Re: Fashola Unveils The Logo Of Lagos Carnival 2010. by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jan 29, 2010
okunoba claims Yoruba I assume.

aloy emeka claims Igbo.

anyone can claim anything at any time- doesnt mean they dont have an agenda.

many Yoruba and midwestern/Niger Deltan agents of MASSOB are on this forum.

and no, I'm not saying this because somebody else said it.

Its quite obvious to the whole world.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Question To The Indians Who Come To Nairaland / Scotland Put Map Of Nigeria In Their Currency / Some Yoruba Grammars That Is Hard To Translate into English meaning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.