Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,309 members, 7,867,809 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 02:19 AM

Things To Expect When You Date A Broke Guy ( A Must Read) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Things To Expect When You Date A Broke Guy ( A Must Read) (812 Views)

5 Reasons You Should Never Date A Broke Girl / Can You Date Your Boss Or Colleague?: Nigerians React / Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things To Expect When You Date A Broke Guy ( A Must Read) by youngdav(m): 8:37pm On Jun 26, 2017
While ladies would always say they can’t date broke guys, there are those that don’t mind doing so.

That he does not have a job at the moment or that he’s down on his luck does not disqualify him from finding love; and if you find yourself falling for a guy like this, here are 5 things you need to know

1. Be certain

You cannot go into this kind of relationship based on half-baked convictions. Hell no.

You need to be pretty sure that this is what you want, and that you are prepared for whatever comes out of it.

People – friends and family – will question your decision to do this and if your stand isn’t solid enough, you might waver.

You also need to be reasonably sure of the kind of guy you’re about to date.

Frankly, while it is admirable that your doesn’t care about his financial status at the moment, you still need to be sure of his drive and desire to not be broke for too long.

What’s his attitude towards getting his finances right?

It’d be catastrophic to say you love someone who is broke now and sits on his behind without plan and effort to break free from his present situation.

2. There’ll be inconveniences

There’ll be that, and there’ll also be sacrifices.

You know those things that your former boyfriend used to do because he could afford it? Sorry, this new guy won’t be able to.

You know those great, cute gifts your friends get from their boyfriends and post on Instagram? Sorry ma’am, you might not be able to post them for a while.

And hey, you might also have to share some of your salary with him while he’s still waiting to find his feet. It comes with the territory.

3. The sex is [always] on point

Ok. It’s not like there is empirical evidence or some stat to back up this assertion, but word on the streets support it.

It is believed that broke guys somehow have mad sex skills and often try to make up for their financial weakness with sexual prowess.

4. It could end in disaster

I’m sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the fact that you stood by a guy when he has nothing is not assurance that your love will be forever.

It’s cruel and sad, but that’s how it is.

You could run all the supportive girlfriend scheme, you could be loyal and faithful and prayerful and you could even hand him your ATM card and he’ll still do you dirty when he hits it big.

See, some guys don’t even wait to hammer before they start to misbehave. You’ll be funding him, and he’ll be using your own money to cheat on you.

This is the kind of stuff that happens, guys.

Let’s just hope it doesn’t happen to you.

Source:http://www.eleganceng.com/things-to-expect-when-you-date-a-broke-guy-a-must-read/
Re: Things To Expect When You Date A Broke Guy ( A Must Read) by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jun 26, 2017
Absolute crap..
op you need to know more about a topic before presentation..
what makes you think that a relationship with a broke guy might end up in disaster?
The many celebrity marriages that ended up in disaster, will you now say its because the guy is broke..
All the points you gave are faulted and out of points.

1 Like

Re: Things To Expect When You Date A Broke Guy ( A Must Read) by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jun 26, 2017
The more reason you have to chase a cheque and never chase a bitch.

1 Like

Re: Things To Expect When You Date A Broke Guy ( A Must Read) by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jun 26, 2017
Honips:
The more reason you have to chase a cheque and never chase a bitch.
The more reason he should listen to mask off by future..

1 Like

Re: Things To Expect When You Date A Broke Guy ( A Must Read) by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jun 26, 2017
Lordygram:
The more reason he should listen to mask off by future..
true bro Percocets! Molly Percocets!

1 Like

Re: Things To Expect When You Date A Broke Guy ( A Must Read) by pocohantas(f): 8:54pm On Jun 26, 2017
boiz2men:
I have come to learn that the word broke is relative..

We are all broke in one way or the other.. . so that applies to all..

Good question...
When they talk of broke I always wonder who is a broke guy...but since I enjoy the drama that comes with it, I play along nae.

I think broke guy is that guy who can't afford basic luxury.
Maybe that undergraduate that's dependent on his parents...
The graduate yet to get a job...

They will explain better.
Re: Things To Expect When You Date A Broke Guy ( A Must Read) by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jun 26, 2017
hmmmm another "broke guys" thread cheesy
my favourite......
Thepussyhunter and the news crew has arrived.........

News headlines:
A guy has pulicly come out to throw a jab at poor broke guys......

He has given reasons while ladies should not date broke guys.......currently no one has come out to support or counter him but we remain hopeful that they will all come out in full force and an e-war would ensue grin

with me in the studio today is RIGIDCOCK and we talk on this together
stay tuned as we give u full detailed info on the potential e-fight that we hope would start soon cheesy)

Re: Things To Expect When You Date A Broke Guy ( A Must Read) by NevetsIbot(m): 9:19pm On Jun 26, 2017
smh
Re: Things To Expect When You Date A Broke Guy ( A Must Read) by boiz2men(m): 9:59pm On Jun 26, 2017
I have come to learn that the word broke is relative..

We are all broke in one way or the other.. . so that applies to all..

1 Like

Re: Things To Expect When You Date A Broke Guy ( A Must Read) by ImaIma1(f): 12:02am On Jun 27, 2017
I dont really understand this broke guy topic. It is a thing of the mind and i doubt any guy should be labelling himself as broke. So who are these broke guys?

(1) (Reply)

Olive Garden / When Will Seun Introduce Profile Pictures / Best Wedding Invitation Based On "How E Dey Do For Body"!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.