Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:18 AM

"We Are Not Part Of Biafra" - Ijaw Youths - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "We Are Not Part Of Biafra" - Ijaw Youths (40500 Views)

Biafra: Ijaw Youths Stop Asari Dokubo From Holding Meeting In Bayelsa. / Who Owns Biafra, Ijaw Or Igbo? - Asari / Niger Delta Not Supporting Biafra – Ijaw Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "We Are Not Part Of Biafra" - Ijaw Youths by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:50am On Jun 27, 2017
KahlDrogo:
So Kanu is a persona non grata. grin grin
Abeg I just tire for the guy gan

9 Likes

Re: "We Are Not Part Of Biafra" - Ijaw Youths by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:52am On Jun 27, 2017
madridguy:
The bae no get chill at all. God Bless Nigeria.

United we stand.

100% endorsed...

But make we restructure biko

10 Likes

Re: "We Are Not Part Of Biafra" - Ijaw Youths by seunmsg(m): 9:54am On Jun 27, 2017
OP must be an Afonja unity beggar.

3 Likes

Re: "We Are Not Part Of Biafra" - Ijaw Youths by simplycarro: 9:54am On Jun 27, 2017
Afi krokodie nah!! grin

3 Likes

Re: "We Are Not Part Of Biafra" - Ijaw Youths by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:58am On Jun 27, 2017
seunmsg:
OP must be an Afonja unity beggar.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "We Are Not Part Of Biafra" - Ijaw Youths by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:59am On Jun 27, 2017
Meanwhile, Let's Holla Mod Dominique
Re: "We Are Not Part Of Biafra" - Ijaw Youths by KratosCorp: 10:00am On Jun 27, 2017
Tonye you are clearly out of sync with the heart of IYC.

You are still hoping to build Nigeria...

But your IYC is focusing on building bridges and leverages for self-determination.

Posting this here to discredit the inclusion of Bayelsa into Biafra territory does not change the fact that IYC is very much willing to negotiate for clear coexistence terms within or with Biafra. If you are truly proactive, you should be getting pretty close to Briggs and IYC helms rather than continuing with Nigeria's mediocre party politics. Their is no future in it.

If you are half as smart as I think you are, you would have noticed that authority is slowly but steadyly shifting from the government structures to the people. Smart futuristic leaders are re-evaluating their ideologies and political aliances right now.

Don't be cought playing the old politics when the new reality takes over the mainstream. You will be left behind forever.

TonyeBarcanista:
Meanwhile, the official position of Ijaw Youth Council Worldwide

https://www.naij.com/1108555-we-part-biafra-ijaw-youths-blast-biafra-group.html

Let's join hands to move Nigeria forward>>>>>

Join APDA>>>

9 Likes

Re: "We Are Not Part Of Biafra" - Ijaw Youths by KahlDrogo(m): 10:05am On Jun 27, 2017
madridguy:
Egbe Emi comment weak me no be small grin grin grin See brutality shocked shocked
grin grin
Re: "We Are Not Part Of Biafra" - Ijaw Youths by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:11am On Jun 27, 2017
KratosCorp:

But your IYC is focusing on building bridges and leverages for self-determination.

Posting this here to discredit the inclusion of Bayelsa into Biafra territory does not change the fact that IYC is very much willing to negotiate for clear coexistence terms with Biafra. If you are truly proactive, you should be getting pretty close to Briggs and IYC helms rather than continuing with Nigeria's mediocre party politics. Their is no future in it.

If you are half as smart as I think you are, you would have noticed that authority is slowly but steadyly shifting from the government structures to the people. Smart futuristic leaders are re-evaluating their ideologies and political aliances right now.

Don't be cought playing the old politics when the new reality takes over the mainstream. You will be left behind forever.

Lol you aren't smart if you think that IYC, a group I belong and a very deep insider will tilt or has ever tilted towards Biabia-whatever.

Let me inform you, IYC does not speak the position of the leaders or whatever but the position of Ijaw Youths.

Historically, Ijaws NEVER opposed Biafra or any other agitation but our position is clear as to where we stand... NO TO IJAW IN BIAFRA... SIMPLE!!!

Ankio Briggs is expressing an opinion that even she knows is DOA but I guess she loves the attention...

Asari? hahahahaa ask him what happened to his granduncle who supported Biafra during the war.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: "We Are Not Part Of Biafra" - Ijaw Youths by Okoroawusa: 10:17am On Jun 27, 2017
KratosCorp:
That Egbe Emi of a lady should know that Mba Mmiri is not a derogatory term though. It actually connotes the same thing as "Riverline Area" or "Niger Delta". In fact, the average igbo person from Enugu considers igbo riverline areas like Ogbaru and Oguta as Mba Mmiri. All you would have done is ask for the meaning. But an ibgophobic person would rather assume the worst about the igbos than deal with facts.
every derogatory name started as a normal name calling by the group feeling superior to refer to the group they feel is inferior like d word "nigger' was first used among whites to refer to blacks.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "We Are Not Part Of Biafra" - Ijaw Youths by KratosCorp: 10:22am On Jun 27, 2017
What are you talking about?

I said the word is not and has never been derogatory. In fact the word is used for any geographical area that's encompassed with water - including those in igbo land.

The word is not used to describe a group of people until you attach another word to it. For example "onye mba mmiri" or "ndi mba mmiri" which mean "a riverrine person" or "riverrine people" respectively.

So when Nigeria says that Tonye, for example, is from Niger Delta or Riverrine Area, it does not in any way sound derogatory to the person of Tonye, unless he has problem understanding English.

Okoroawusa:

every derogatory name started as a normal name calling by the group feeling superior to refer to the group they feel is inferior like d word "nigger' was first used among whites to refer to blacks.

11 Likes

Re: "We Are Not Part Of Biafra" - Ijaw Youths by KratosCorp: 10:27am On Jun 27, 2017
Well, keep deluding yourself and wasting your energy in party politics. Five years from now it will be "had I known".

But you have just been forewarned, though. Your choice.

TonyeBarcanista:
Lol you aren't smart if you think that IYC, a group I belong and a very deep insider will tilt or has ever tilted towards Biabia-whatever.

Let me inform you, IYC does not speak the position of the leaders or whatever but the position of Ijaw Youths.

Historically, Ijaws NEVER opposed Biafra or any other agitation but our position is clear as to where we stand... NO TO IJAW IN BIAFRA... SIMPLE!!!

Ankio Briggs is expressing an opinion that even she knows is DOA but I guess she loves the attention...

Asari? hahahahaa ask him what happened to his granduncle who supported Biafra during the war.

10 Likes

Re: "We Are Not Part Of Biafra" - Ijaw Youths by Okoroawusa: 10:29am On Jun 27, 2017
KratosCorp:

Posting this here to discredit the inclusion of Bayelsa into Biafra territory does not change the fact that IYC is very much willing to negotiate for clear coexistence terms within or with Biafra. If you are truly proactive, you should be getting pretty close to Briggs and IYC helms rather than continuing with Nigeria's mediocre party politics. Their is no future in it.

tonye,wetin dis one dey talk?

4 Likes

Re: "We Are Not Part Of Biafra" - Ijaw Youths by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:30am On Jun 27, 2017
KratosCorp:
Well, keep deluding yourself and wasting your energy in party politics. Five years from now it will be "had I known".

But you have just been forewarned, though. Your choice.

tongue

5 Likes

Re: "We Are Not Part Of Biafra" - Ijaw Youths by ozowarac: 10:30am On Jun 27, 2017
Mr thread holder, bakanizer.

How did this your writing and pictures of 4 people on Facebook prove Nnamdi Kalu wrong?

4 Likes

Re: "We Are Not Part Of Biafra" - Ijaw Youths by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:32am On Jun 27, 2017
ozowarac:
Mr thread holder, bakanizer.

How did this your writing and pictures of 4 people on Facebook prove Nnamdi Kalu wrong?
Visit Ijaw Youth Council Worldwide Facebook page ogbeni...

Or

ANY IJAW PAGE ON FB
Re: "We Are Not Part Of Biafra" - Ijaw Youths by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:32am On Jun 27, 2017
Okoroawusa:
tonye,wetin dis one dey talk?
Me self no know walahi fa
Re: "We Are Not Part Of Biafra" - Ijaw Youths by reuben79: 10:36am On Jun 27, 2017
i knw onething abt ipob,anything they ar support must failed..........jimi agbaje failed,gej failed and nnmadi kanu must fail

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: "We Are Not Part Of Biafra" - Ijaw Youths by Okoroawusa: 10:37am On Jun 27, 2017
KratosCorp:
What are you talking about?

I said the word is not and has never been derogatory. In fact the word is used for any geographical area that's encompassed with water. It's not used to describe a group of people until you attach another word to it.

bro,its both used as a refer-name n a derogatory name.Also,d way d group refered feel about the name matters.like we igbos call d yorubas"ofe nmanu" some. yorubas might be cool with it n some will warn u not to call them dat again.

4 Likes

Re: "We Are Not Part Of Biafra" - Ijaw Youths by Okoroawusa: 10:41am On Jun 27, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Me self no know walahi fa
lol

*in kanu's voice* zik impregnated my mother n denied it dats y I will not respect him.

2 Likes

Re: "We Are Not Part Of Biafra" - Ijaw Youths by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:49am On Jun 27, 2017
Okoroawusa:

lol

*in kanu's voice* zik impregnated my mother n denied it dats y I will not respect him.
Kanu said that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "We Are Not Part Of Biafra" - Ijaw Youths by Lajet: 10:50am On Jun 27, 2017
Okoroawusa:

bro,its both used as a refer-name n a derogatory name.Also,d way d group refered feel about the name matters.like we igbos call d yorubas"ofe nmanu" some. yorubas might be cool with it n some will warn u not to call them dat again.

Look at this Afonja saying We Igbos . Shame on you

6 Likes

Re: "We Are Not Part Of Biafra" - Ijaw Youths by HopeAtHand: 10:59am On Jun 27, 2017
KratosCorp:

@Tonyebarcanista, take this write-up and think it through.

There are no permanent enemies or friends anywhere, only interests. Nigeria is fundamentally fvcked up, the fault lines are growing bigger and sooner Nigeria will have its date with destiny. Making alliances for the future is what you ought to canvass and not displaying proof of hate of Igbos or any southern tribe in particular.

Northerners will most likely not relinquish this system that fantastically favors them for something less appealing, and this wil lead us to the point where a united stand as people of the SE and SS will together seek our way out. The SE needs us, we also need them. The issue is to encourage them(IPOB, Massob etc) to come for a robust dialogue where every topic is discussed to its finest detail.

Once we achieve an exit from Nigeria, ethnicities can form whatever republics with whichever tribes they want. But we must unite and push an exit from Nigeria.

17 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "We Are Not Part Of Biafra" - Ijaw Youths by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:12am On Jun 27, 2017
HopeAtHand:

@Tonyebarcanista, take this write-up and think it through.

There are no permanent enemies or friends anywhere, only interests. Nigeria is fundamentally fvcked up, the fault lines are growing bigger and sooner Nigeria will have its date with destiny. Making alliances for the future is what you ought to canvass and not displaying proof of hate of Igbos or any southern tribe in particular.
Uncle who says Ijaws are enemies of Igbo? Nobody hate Igbo, we are not part of Biafra project but we support their aspiration for a State of their own. Shikena

Northerners will most likely not relinquish this system that fantastically favors them for something less appealing, and this wil lead us to the point where a united stand as people of the SE and SS will together seek our way out. The SE needs us, we also need them. The issue is to encourage them(IPOB, Massob etc) to come for a robust dialogue where every topic is discussed to its finest detail.

Once we achieve an exit from Nigeria, ethnicities can form whatever republics with whichever tribes they want. But we must unite and push an exit from Nigeria.
I am always for mutually beneficial Unity of tribes in the South BUT that unity does not mean endorsing a project that Is at the detriment of my identity and that of my motherland.

Ijaws have never been cool with the present system but we have never been cool with the Biafra stuff.

The same Boro that fought for a Distinct Ijaw State (Niger Delta Republic) was same Isaac Boro that FOUGHT against Ijaw inclusion into Biafra.

The case is simple, WE ARE NOT BIAFRANS and we rather stand on OUR OWN or have a shared nation with other South south tribes than go with Igbos in Biafra. Our freedom and identity is very important to us bro.

Once again, we share in solidarity with IPOB/MASSOB/TRIPOB/BZM etc but we don't want to be part of them, not now, not ever. Kapish!!!

Who says we can't be allies even after having separate countries?

LET ME ADD:
This matter is not subject to ANY discussion whatsoever. Ijaws position is very clear...

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: "We Are Not Part Of Biafra" - Ijaw Youths by HopeAtHand: 11:26am On Jun 27, 2017
@Tonyebarcanista, you clearly affirmed that Ijaws are not satisfied with the Nigerian system and want out of Nigeria. Adaka Boro attempted it and failed.

Igbos wanted out also, attempted and failed in a bloody civil war.

Ogonis tried too and it lead to the death of Ken Saro-Wike.

The dissatisfaction with Nigeria is pronounced and clearly no ethnicity can leave Nigeria easily on its own. So a coming together of ethnicities/tribes as one huge block is what is needed to leave this contraption.

First we need to sit together and thrash out holistically what we want. If it's to continue as one country after we exit Nigeria or we split and form as many countries possible with like-minded ethnicities.

No one is saying Ijaws must be with IGBO in a country. Or Ogonis must be with Ijaws or Ikwerres with Ijaws in the same country. All I'm saying is we work together to leave Nigeria and then everyone sorts himself out.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "We Are Not Part Of Biafra" - Ijaw Youths by Nobody: 11:28am On Jun 27, 2017
Even as an activist nobody takes her serious..... this useless statement can only get her 4 like and she has close to 1000 friends..... When Referendum come we go know...nobody has forces any person, or is it that people do not know the meaning of Referendum including TonyeBarcanista

6 Likes

Re: "We Are Not Part Of Biafra" - Ijaw Youths by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:35am On Jun 27, 2017
HopeAtHand:
@Tonyebarcanista, you clearly affirmed that Ijaws are not satisfied with the Nigerian system and want out of Nigeria. Adaka Boro attempted it and failed.

Igbos wanted out also, attempted and failed in a bloody civil war.

Ogonis tried too and it lead to the death of Ken Saro-Wike.

The dissatisfaction with Nigeria is pronounced and clearly no ethnicity can leave Nigeria easily on its own. So a coming together of ethnicities/tribes as one huge block is what is needed to leave this contraption.

First we need to sit together and thrash out holistically what we want. If it's to continue as one country after we exit Nigeria or we split and form as many countries possible with like-minded ethnicities.

No one is saying Ijaws must be with IGBO in a country. Or Ogonis must be with Ijaws or Ikwerres with Ijaws in the same country. All I'm saying is we work together to leave Nigeria and then everyone sorts himself out.

Oga is this a new form of Unity begging?

There is no need for this biko.

The Ijaws are NOT interested in working with any group to leave Nigeria in a joint ticket along with ANY of the MAJOR tribe.

Pursue your agitation and leave us to ours. No need over-flog...

Though I'm not against people coming together to discuss way forward BUT you don't expect me to sit down with you after you have already taken decision on my behalf. Ijaws are NOT STUPID!!!

Meanwhile, success to your Biafra dream but we humbly decline your offer for a joint State.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: "We Are Not Part Of Biafra" - Ijaw Youths by Nobody: 11:36am On Jun 27, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

The same Boro that fought for a Distinct Ijaw State (Niger Delta Republic) was same Isaac Boro that FOUGHT against Ijaw inclusion into Biafra.

Th...

And he was killed like a chicken by Nigerian soldiers after the use and dump him.... the way they have been using ppl likle you to fight igbos for nothing at the end what did we see: ( PIX Below)

If you think ND (minus we the Igbos in ND) can fight for independent or total resource control come out and start what Nnamdi Kanu has done.

6 Likes

Re: "We Are Not Part Of Biafra" - Ijaw Youths by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:39am On Jun 27, 2017
GreatSE:
Even as an activist nobody takes her serious..... this useless statement can only get her 4 like and she has close to 1000 friends..... When Referendum come we go know...nobody has forces any person, or is it that people do not know the meaning of Referendum including TonyeBarcanista
Which referendum oga? Lol

7 Likes

Re: "We Are Not Part Of Biafra" - Ijaw Youths by HopeAtHand: 11:40am On Jun 27, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Oga is this a new form of Unity begging?

There is no need for this biko.

The Ijaws are NOT interested in working with any group to leave Nigeria in a joint ticket along with ANY of the MAJOR tribe.

Pursue your agitation and leave us to ours. No need over-flog...

Though I'm not against people coming together to discuss way forward BUT you don't expect me to sit down with you after you have already taken decision on my behalf. Ijaws are NOT STUPID!!!

Meanwhile, success to your Biafra dream but we humbly decline your offer for a joint State.

If I may ask, Who does Ijaws plan to have a Niger Delta Republic with?

12 Likes

Re: "We Are Not Part Of Biafra" - Ijaw Youths by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:41am On Jun 27, 2017
GreatSE:

And he was killed like a chicken by Nigerian soldiers after the use and dump him.... the way they have been using ppl likle you to fight igbos for nothing at the end what did we see: ( PIX Below)

If you think ND (minus we the Igbos in ND) can fight for independent or total resource control come out and start what Nnamdi Kanu has done.
Thank you very much for the offer...

But Keep to yourself Sir

4 Likes

Re: "We Are Not Part Of Biafra" - Ijaw Youths by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:41am On Jun 27, 2017
GreatSE:

Thank you very much for the offer...

But Keep to yourself Sir tongue

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Babatunde Gbadamosi: Let Us Break Nigeria If North Retains Power In 2023 / Obaseki Meets Buhari, Presents Re-Election Bid Form / Stage Another Protest In Lekki And Get Kicked - ALEG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.