Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,058 members, 7,838,688 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? (28668 Views)

Poll: Christians: can a non-Christian enter heaven?

Yes: 31% (21 votes)
No: 40% (27 votes)
I'm not a Christian: 27% (18 votes)
This poll has ended

Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by nuru(m): 1:53pm On Dec 21, 2005
In view of the last but one posting, i will not contribute to this topic again outside the promise of giving evidence of Jesus being a muslim.
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by nicetohave(m): 1:55pm On Dec 21, 2005
All men have sinned and come short of the glory of God, heaven is taking us back to eden and you cant go back to eden except by the name which the Lord himself has chosen by which ALL men must be saved, non other.....so if you want to practise your religion go on, but if you must go back to eden, then accept God's offer.....Jesus christ....he makes you anew, you become born again, a christian simply and then heaven awaits you.
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by nicetohave(m): 1:57pm On Dec 21, 2005
why is it taking you so long to prove that nuru....is it because there is nothing to say afterall? before you even prove to me Jesus was a moslem, according to you.....tell me what is your definition of a christian and a muslim?
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by larger20(m): 4:35pm On Dec 21, 2005
Non christians will go to heaven.............My grand dad will go to heaven...he is good man and belives in the supernatural. He was not against jesus. he asked intresting questions about him but still hold to his faith till death. I think he is going to heaven even though he did not know christ. He prays in his traditional way. people come to him to settle matter due his unique wisdom etc...he is a great man and he diead at a very old age --- 89
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by layi(m): 5:02pm On Dec 21, 2005
larger_20:

Non christians will go to heaven.............My grand dad will go to heaven...he is good man and belives in the supernatural. He was not against jesus. he asked intresting questions about him but still hold to his faith till death. I think he is going to heaven even though he did not know christ. He prays in his traditional way. people come to him to settle matter due his unique wisdom etc...he is a great man and he diead at a very old age --- 89

Did he believe in Heaven?

From ur post...u only wished he will be in heaven cos u made incoherent points "He was not against jesus" and "He prays in his traditional way" dont go.
He is not against Jesus does not mean he is for him?
What you dont know is tradiotional believers do not believe in Heaven. they believe in re-incarnation till their souls become extinct.
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by larger20(m): 6:51pm On Dec 21, 2005
layi:

Did he believe in Heaven?

From your post...u only wished he will be in heaven because u made incoherent points "He was not against jesus" and "He prays in his traditional way" don't go.
He is not against Jesus does not mean he is for him?
What you don't know is tradiotional believers do not believe in Heaven. they believe in re-incarnation till their souls become extinct.

You said that " Traditional believers do not believe in heaven" ....What traditional belife are u refeering to? He actually asked about heaven too.
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by chrisd(m): 6:59pm On Dec 21, 2005
If nuru says Jesus was a muslim, and he is a muslim, I don't see why he has a problem.
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by chrisd(m): 7:01pm On Dec 21, 2005
The problem in this world is that people have a lot of personal philosophies.
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by larger20(m): 7:07pm On Dec 21, 2005
Jesus is the son of God..God is not human so jesus does not belong to any race..he is not a human even though he was human for few years on earth...he is not human..it is finished he said on the cross.

In engineering, the limit of 1/x as x goes to infinity is zero. In this equation. 1 is the life of jesus on earth which is a constant becasue it does not last and for we know how long he was on earth and everyone on earth has this constant = 1.

The x is an inditaminant value what refers to the life of our God. It is unknown to man however what we know is that x is continiously increasing....therefore if x is increasing to an infinity state while 1 is constant, then it means that the result of this situation is '0' Zero meaning that the the "1' which is a constant is insiginifant compared to the "x" value..In conclusion and therefore we should not compare God as human because his stay on earch is insignificant compared to his infinity Sacred life in heaven. This is just a Quantitative view....ofcourse when you bring philosophy, theology and other views..this theory might fail..
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by nuru(m): 7:16pm On Dec 21, 2005
Nicetohave, I will start by saying a Muslim is some one who Submits his/her Will to God. This Is What Jesus Did and Taught.

Secondly you would realize that Son of God is a figure of speech which many other Prophets were labeled as, for example; in the King James Version of the Bible

(Psalms 2:7) David is the begotten Son of God.

Many others in the Bible are called God's son;

Jacob God's firstborn son (Exodus 4:22)
Solomon is God's son (2 Samuel 7:13-14)
Ephraim is God's firstborn son (Jeremiah 31:9)
Adam is the son of God (Luke 3:38)

Other Prophets were Labeled as Messiah for example {1 Samuel 15:17} Which in Hebrew means Anointed/Chosen/Prophet;

Solomon (1 Kings 1:39)
David (1 Samuel 16:13)
Jewish priests (Leviticus 4)

Other Prophets Performed similar Miracles as Jesus ;

Ezekiel raised many from the dead (Ezekiel 37:1-9)
Joshua stopped the sun and moon for one whole day (Joshua 10:12-13)
Elisha raised the dead, resurrected himself, healed a leper, fed a hundred people with twenty barley loaves and a few ears of corn, and healed a blind man: (2 Kings 4:35, 13:21, 5:14, 4:44, and 6:11.)
Elijah raised the dead (1 Kings 17:22 and 14.)

Other Prophets were filled with the Holy Ghost;

Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost (Luke 1:67)
Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost (Luke 1:41)

Many other Prophets were called Lord for example;

Abraham (Genesis 18:12)
Esau (Genesis 32:4)
Joseph (Genesis 44:20)
David (1 Samuel 25:24)

Now you should consider the following facts,

Jesus asserted that the very first article of faith is oneness of God just like the Muslims (Mark 12 Vs 29)

Jesus taught to rinse before Praying as Muslims do {John 13:10}

Jesus bowed down in Submission on the Ground to God as Muslims do {Matthew 26:39}

Jesus said, all of You who Submit your will to God, are my true Brothers and Sisters (Mark 3:31-35) as Muslims do

Jesus taught Salvation comes from Submitting your will to God and Faith as Muslims do .

(Matthew 7:21-23) "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles? Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'"

In conclusion, Jesus was neither a Jew nor a Christian, Lets see where the name Jew comes from. {Gen 11:31} we see that Abraham took his family out of his home land "Ur of the Chaldees"

Therefore, Abraham could not have been a Jew because that is a part of Iraq. He was more an Arab than a Jew. Secondly, the name Jew came after the existence of Judah, the great-grandson of Abraham.

Abraham in the Bible is called "a Hebrew" {Genesis 14:13} which means a human from the other side of the Euphrates. It also means pertaining to Eber a descendant of Shem, clearly not "a Jew".

The descendants of Jacob were called Israelites {Gen 32:28} consisting of twelve tribes. Judah was nicknamed "Jew" so that only Judah's descendants were called Jews originally.

Moses, was from the tribe "Levite" {Exodus 6:16-20} therefore also not a Jew. The name Jew {according to the Bible} is not a reflection of "an organized religion" , but a Tribe, a fore name, an ancestor branch off of a large family tree.

Jesus may have been a Jew by birth right, but a Muslim by Faith. I rest my case AND THEREFORE INVITE YOU TO BELIEVE IN JESUS..
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by goodguy(m): 9:16pm On Dec 21, 2005
How come Jesus is a muslim since he existed before Mohammed, the founder of Islam?
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by lexyflexy(m): 9:21pm On Dec 21, 2005
goodguy...look you had better make sure some folks don't come possing their belief against yours..... cos......
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by goodguy(m): 9:24pm On Dec 21, 2005
I just want to know how Jesus became a muslim even when the founder of Islam wasn't existing.
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by nicetohave(m): 9:32pm On Dec 21, 2005
nuru, its either you're confused or trying desperately to explain and or justify an existence that does not exist.
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by lexyflexy(m): 9:33pm On Dec 21, 2005
@ goodguy...........well.listen, what hes going to tell you is not sure not going to favour what you believe, all you need know and do is throw all of those to the bush, they aint going to help you......
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by goodguy(m): 10:22pm On Dec 21, 2005
Which kain mumu u be? Isn't it obvious I'm trying to figure something out?
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by lexyflexy(m): 9:15am On Dec 22, 2005
e sego reee........... emi ni mumu.........arinfin ile-igbe.....wa pada wa ba mi.....
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by nuru(m): 11:08am On Dec 23, 2005
Muhammad is not the founder of Islam. He only happened to be the Prophet that God used to complete the emergence of Islam and to correct the distortions that were introduced into the teachings of the earlier prophets. Long before Muhammad, Abraham, Ishmael, Jacob, Moses, David, Solomon, Jesus and all the other prophets taught Islam in parts, but the completeness and comprehensiveness was attained at the time of Prophet Muhammad.

It was Abraham that actually named the Prophetic way of life, Islam, meaning Peace.

Even Jesus had to emphasise this. His only recorded way of greeting is 'Shallom alaekum '. He spoke Aramaic if you know, a language close to Hebrew and the meaning taken to common English is ' Peace be upon you ' The only set of people greeting with this phrase on the surface of the earth are the muslims. Taken to a deeper meaning, Jesus was saying " Islam is incumbent upon you " . That is why he chided Peter when the latter initially refused his legs to be washed at the Feast of Passover and telling the disciples that even when they did not understand the meaning of his actions, whoever failed to copy him has no part of him.

I hope we can all acknowledge the Truth.
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by nicetohave(m): 11:27am On Dec 23, 2005
this is too good to be contested, it is laughable grin grin
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by nferyn(m): 11:29am On Dec 23, 2005
nicetohave, you have a tendency to laugh at or look down on anything you do not agree with. Why don't you address the arguments instead?
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by nicetohave(m): 11:30am On Dec 23, 2005
because they have already been addressed, there is no need to continue to multiply words where i cannot possibly exhaust!!!
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by layi(m): 12:15pm On Dec 23, 2005
nuru:

Even Jesus had to emphasise this. His only recorded way of greeting is 'Shallom alaekum '. He spoke Aramaic if you know, a language close to Hebrew and the meaning taken to common English is ' Peace be upon you ' The only set of people greeting with this phrase on the surface of the earth are the muslims.

I never knew that phrase was reserved for muslims alone. I thought it was english language. So everyone who greets with that automatically becomes a muslim even if they know nothing about the religion?  shocked
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by lexyflexy(m): 12:23pm On Dec 23, 2005
I just hope we don't end up having ANTI-C***** on the land .... (may I shut up).. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by nferyn(m): 1:58pm On Dec 23, 2005
nicetohave:

because they have already been addressed, there is no need to continue to multiply words where i cannot possibly exhaust!!!
Well obviously not satisfactory. Scoffing at other people's reasoning is not helping the dialogue further.
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by nicetohave(m): 7:58pm On Dec 23, 2005
obviously.......but i cant help but laugh, there are other capable individuals on NL that may explain better and further, id leave it to them.
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by brick(m): 1:56am On Dec 24, 2005
`who is a christian?` i would say one who have a personal relationship with Jesus and lives the same life. the bible says clearly that one who does not believe in jesus is condemned already.
(John 3:18 ) He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
(John 3:19 ) And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by AbbeyMarie(f): 2:58am On Jan 03, 2006
The question, is, can non-Christians go to heaven? and my answer is no. but then i must refer to my definition of who a Christian is. Because not everyone who claims that they are a Christian actually is a Christian. A Christian is someone who has received Jesus Christ into their heart. If you look at the core root of what Christianity is, it is not a rule book, it is a relationship with Jesus Christ. I can honestly say, that if Hitler, before he died, received Jesus into his heart, he Would be in heaven right now. i can also honestly say that if Mother Theresa did not truly receive Jesus into her heart, that she would not be in heaven.  None of us should be able to go to heaven. because we have all sinned. and so because and only because Jesus Christ, the only human who is perfect and God's son, died for us, and rose from the dead, we can go to heaven, if only we realize this, and receive Christ into our heart. believing in God doesn't really have to do with anything.... because i mean, the Devil, for goodness sakes, believes in God. And, about people who have never heard even so much as the name Jesus Christ. They have just as good of a chance to go to heaven. because God reveals himself to everyone in their life. he gives everysingle soul at least one chance to go to heaven. those on some island somewhere, they will get their chance. even if they die not knowing the name Jesus Christ. because God Promises! that he Will reveal himself to Every single person. I've heard of missionary's going to islands in the middle of nowhere, and when they get there to teach them about Christ, the natives already know. not the name, persay, but they know that there is a creator. they know, because God has reveled himself to them. Has any one read, or seen the movie, "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" based on the book in the Chronicles of Narnia, written by C.S. Lewis?  that is essentially the story of Jesus Christ. and had Asland, the lion that portrays the character of Jesus, not died instead of, the traitor, Edmund, Edmund could not have lived. Good works get you nowhere. they are a good thing to do, but you don't have to do them to get into heaven. you can never do enough good works. no matter what, you will never be able to go to heaven on good works alone. smiley  cheesy grin cheesy smiley
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by nferyn(m): 9:50am On Jan 03, 2006
AbbeyMarie:

I can honestly say, that if Hitler, before he died, received Jesus into his heart, he Would be in heaven right now.
AbbeyMarie:

Good works get you nowhere. they are a good thing to do, but you don't have to do them to get into heaven. you can never do enough good works. no matter what, you will never be able to go to heaven on good works alone. smiley cheesy grin cheesy smiley
What a wicked religion undecided
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by chrisd(m): 11:34am On Jan 03, 2006
What a lot of nonsense. What about judgement, one has to pay for all sins committed.
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by nicetohave(m): 11:42am On Jan 03, 2006
chrisd:

What a lot of nonsense. What about judgement, one has to pay for all sins committed.

Will you volunteer to engage the judgemennt?

nferyn:

What a wicked religion undecided

What makes it wicked?

The law that governs us (christians) is the law of spirit of life in Christ Jesus, and not the law of human (sin and death) ............and believe me he whom we have to deal with it is both just and honest, you in your state is too unqualified to call it wicked or nonsense
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by nferyn(m): 12:06pm On Jan 03, 2006
When someone lives a just life and does good all through his or her life, but does not accept Jesus in his heart, he will go to hell.
Someone who commits unspeakable atrocities, but accepts Jesus on the other hand will go to heaven?

This is wicked.
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by chrisd(m): 12:09pm On Jan 03, 2006
What a lot of nonsense. The reformation got it wrong.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Pastor Chris & Anita Oyakhilome Reportedly Share Their Two Children / Juliana Olayode Accuses Pastor Timilehin Of Sexually Abusing Her Sister / Is It Right For A Born Again Spirit Filled Christian To Work In These Places??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.