Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,133 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

Twist Of Life - Literature (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Twist Of Life (105405 Views)

Twist Of Fate. / Twist Of Hope(a Must Read Story) / TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twist Of Life by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jul 22, 2017
Hadampson:
Yes i am Why are you asking?
Never mind pls
Re: Twist Of Life by Hadampson(m): 8:33pm On Jul 22, 2017
princ007:
Never mind pls
Okay Perhaps you are surprised to know that ayam muslimundecided
Re: Twist Of Life by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jul 22, 2017
Hadampson:

Okay
Perhaps you are surprised to know that ayam muslimundecided
Yes and i am also a muslim
Re: Twist Of Life by Emperor380(m): 10:01pm On Jul 22, 2017
Chapter Seven

Khalifa got home only to meet his dad in the peak of a celebration. The table was already set with different alcoholic drinks and hot pepper soup was looking at him in wait for consumption. His dad was dancing around the room with his glass of alcohol staggering from one corner to another.
"Dad what's this ? I mean what are we celebrating ?" Khalifa asked his dad in awe.

"My son come and join me celebrate our new life" He replied in a drunk tone.
"New life ? what are you talking about dad ? He asked in anxiety.
"Yes a new life that is entirely different from the one we have been living. Finally we will be free from our problems." He sipped his drink and continued "By tomorrow, we will be millionaires. We will be having Three million naira to our name. Isn't that good son ? I guess am right to celebrate."

"Three million naira ? dad how did you do it ? " Khalifa asked.
"Its very simple son. When the time comes you will understand how I did it".

He rushed and hug his dad tightly " This is real good news. Am proud of you dad."

They continued drinking and celebrating till they got drunk to stupor before sleeping off.
The following day, Khalifa decided to tell his dad about his encounter with Mr Alex.

"You told him you are Senator Kroos' son ?," His dad asked him after listening to the entire story.

"Yes dad" Khalifa replied.

"Good boy! you are really the son of your father. I think that is another golden opportunity of enriching ourselves that we cannot afford to lose." His dad said.

"Dad he even gave me his card and house address to visit him whenever am free" Khalifa added.

"Very good! we will look for more reasons to make him believe that you are Kroos' son. I will take care of everything" He said

They were still discussing when an alert beeped on Gerald's phone. He checked the message and as expected saw that three million was waiting in his account from Stella Nicolas. He jumped from the bed and began to dance around. Khalifa checked the message and also joined his dad in celebrating.

*******Mean while, Sharon had been worried since the previous day. She refused eating food as food was the less she could think of then. Its been two days that her phone was seized and she hasn't heard from Edward. She was confused of what to do.
She sat alone at the garden in the backyard thinking about her love Edward. She remembered the difficulties the had passed through and how strong he was for her.
"I won't allow anyone push me around like a baby. I will fight for what I want without minding who it is against" She concluded.
She was about going to her room when her mum arrived from behind looking very worried for her daughter.
" My dear don't kill yourself because am very sure that your friend won't be happy if you die because of him" Her mum said.
"Mum you won't understand what am going through. Edward has been nothing but a concerned and caring boyfr..... sorry friend to me and I think it will only be right if I repay his goodness by being there for him.when he needs a friend".,She said with tears already rolling down her cheeks.
" I understand how you feel. I wish your dad will get over this behaviour of his soon but if he doesn't, we will have to do something about it". She said wiping the tears in her daughter's face.
"Thank you mummy" Sharon whispered.

"You are welcome my dear. But I still don't understand what your relationship with that guy is. Am your mother and you know you can confide in me right ?. Pls tell me who he is to you so that I will know how to fight for you" Her mum demanded to know.

Sharon sat silent for a while thinking about how to start telling her mum.
She finally summoned all her courage and let the cat out of the bag. She told her about her relationship with Edward from the begining to the end.
Her mum as expected understood her and promised to stand by her side no matter what. Although she knew it wasn't going to be easy defeating Alex whose excess love for money and wealth had turned him into something else.

Alex had looked for his wife and daughter inside the room and couldn't find them. He then opted to check them out at the garden. He arrived and met mother and daughter together.
"You are here and I have been looking for you all over the house. What meeting are you having here that am left out of ? . Am I not part of the family ?." He asked still walking his way to them.

"Alex we were just having a ladies talk. Do you have to be included in every conversation we have ?"His wife spoke out.
"I was just alone in the house thats why. Oh enough of this.... I just came to announce to you people that we will be going out to the amusement park and any other place my princess wants. We need to make up for the time she was at school".He said smiling with Sharon who didn't responded.
"When did you started planning this that I don't even have an idea about ?." Mrs Alex asked her husband.

"I noticed that our princess hasn't been very happy lately and this will help her in recuperating." He said

"Well dad am sorry for the disappointment because am not going. I don't think you really want my happiness if not you would have respected my choices"She fired at her dad.
" My dear all I do is for your own good. I don't just want you to experience a difficult life in the future. Trust me you should get over that guy and open yourself for people of your class." He persuaded.

"No dad, I am not a kid anymore I know what's right for me. I won't let go of Edward" She said to her dad looking straight into his eyes.

"I see that you are very stubborn and hard headed to be convinced but I want you to know that I will not accommodate just anybody in this house" He said with a finality tone.
Sharon hugged her mum and led out rivers of tears down her cheeks.
Alex who had gone some steps away came back like he just remembered something. "less I forget,prepare yourself to meet with Chief Kroos' son. He will be visiting anytime soon so you should get yourself ready."He announced before living.

"I am not meeting anybody, mum you have to help me please don't let dad do this to me" Sharon cried out

1 Like

Re: Twist Of Life by kelvinhilton(m): 10:58pm On Jul 22, 2017
Mr alex is too ambitious I can see that leading to his doom.
Re: Twist Of Life by Emperor380(m): 10:59pm On Jul 22, 2017
Cont'd

"Not again mum. Why are you doing this to yourself. if you continue in this behaviour of yours I will be forced to report you to dad oo" Bella fired at her mum after bumping at her speaking to herself again.

"No my daughter don't do that please. I was only talking to myself about something okay. Trust me its nothing to worry yourself about" Mrs Nicolas defended.

"Mum its nothing ? okay who is the Gerald that wants to destroy your family ? What three million were you talking about ? Mum talk to me " Bella kept the pressure.

"My daughter don't force words out of my mouth. You are sick or something. What Gerald are you referring to ?" Stella said in pretence.

"Mum its fine but I think dad will be in a better position to settle this." She made to live but her mum stopped her.

"What's going on there ? Chief Nicolas asked from the top of the stairs.

"ummhm , Uhmm....Mum and I are just arguing about...."

"The project" Mrs Stella unterrupted her daughter to save the situation.

"Bella are you sure its the project you are arguing about?" He asked .
After receiving a warning look from her mum Bella nodded "Yes sure, we were arguing about the project".

Chief Nicolas left to his room immediately.
"Mum you see that was so close. You might not be as lucky next time so if am you, I will just tell dad the problem before he finds out himself" Bella fired at her mum before going .

******Edward's mum had been discharged from the hospital and was now at home. Edward had pleaded with them to please discharge his mum on credit and he will settle the bills later. He had to drop his Certificate as collateral.
He involved himself in menial jobs including tilling of lands in other to raise money for his mums bills. He was at one of the farms thinking about Sharon and her betrayal. "So this is what love is all about ? to be together at happy times and flee at the sight of trouble ?. I can't believe she dumped me just like that. How foolish I have been all this while." He kept on mesmerizing on Sharon's issue. He suddenly felt disappointment and the feeling of being betrayed running all over him. He felt hatred for Sharon and would slap her face if she was brought to him then.

*******Hakeem had been the one making the most enjoyment out of the holiday among the friends. His family had been living happily without any problem unlike Edward and Bella.
He was at the side of the pool when he suddenly thought of Bella. He had not called her that day. He quickly brought his phone out and dialed at Bell.

"My love...I am sorry for not calling you from morning please forgive me" He apologised

"darling...apology is a less romantic way to start a day you know" She said on a sweet and romantic tone.

"My dear I was just saying incase you are upset with me" He said now relieved.
"You know I can't be upset with you even if I want to" She replied.
" So how is my future baby mama doing" He asked her getting romantic.
"Am I suppose to be alright ? You know your absence us enough to get me sick" Bella said.

"My love dont worry I will pay you a visit one of these days." Keem announced.

Bella was very happy with the news. She had missed Keem so much. They continued talking for more than an hour.

1 Like

Re: Twist Of Life by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jul 22, 2017
I'm back darling!

So, Bella has found love...Hmmm...It's alright.

Khalifa and dad, the stubborn flies that will follow the corpse to the grave....Ngwa...continue.

As for Mr. Alex, some one should please give me petrol, he doesn't deserve to be alive.

Good job son, the story keeps getting better, I like the suspense.

1 Like

Re: Twist Of Life by Hadampson(m): 8:32am On Jul 23, 2017
princ007:
Yes and i am also a muslim
Wow.. That's cool
Re: Twist Of Life by Nobody: 9:09am On Jul 23, 2017
Hadampson:
Wow.. That's cool
Okay
Re: Twist Of Life by Hadampson(m): 9:14am On Jul 23, 2017
This is getting more interesting.

Hakeem Vs Bella
Good to know that bella finally found lovesmiley

Mr Alex is clueless.. all he knows is MONEY..smh
Re: Twist Of Life by Hadampson(m): 9:16am On Jul 23, 2017
princ007:
Okay
Kindly reply the pm i sent to you plssmiley
Re: Twist Of Life by Nobody: 10:23am On Jul 23, 2017
Hadampson:
Having problem with my email... Any other alternative?
Re: Twist Of Life by Hadampson(m): 11:03am On Jul 23, 2017
princ007:
Having problem with my email... Any other alternative?
Add me on facebook... Mizta Hadampson Reloadedsmiley
Re: Twist Of Life by bummybummy(f): 12:32pm On Jul 23, 2017
Mr. Alex get serious problem, don't use ur own over ambitious lyf to destroy Sharon's life
Re: Twist Of Life by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jul 23, 2017
Hadampson:
Add me on facebook... Mizta Hadampson Reloadedsmiley
Sorry i'm not on facebook...
Re: Twist Of Life by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jul 23, 2017
Hadampson:
I have
Re: Twist Of Life by Emperor380(m): 5:32pm On Jul 23, 2017
bummybummy:
Mr. Alex get serious problem, don't use ur own over ambitious lyf to destroy Sharon's life
Don't mind him... he is getting to his doom
Re: Twist Of Life by Toyin223(f): 5:36pm On Jul 23, 2017
Come Nd Update
Re: Twist Of Life by Hadampson(m): 9:33pm On Jul 23, 2017
princ007:
Sorry i'm not on facebook...

What? are you seriousshockedundecided Which other social network are you on?
Re: Twist Of Life by Hadampson(m): 9:35pm On Jul 23, 2017
princ007:
I have
Okay
Re: Twist Of Life by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jul 23, 2017
Hadampson:

What? are you seriousshockedundecided
Which other social network are you on?
None... Ever since my phone was seized i have not activate any with this phone... So pls bear with me
Re: Twist Of Life by Emperor380(m): 10:58am On Jul 24, 2017
Cont'd

"Mum am really sorry for sounding too hard on you that day. It was never my intention to land you in such condition. I was just worried about the way we are left out of every single thing done in this community seriously I usually feel isolated" Edward pleaded with his mum in a lower tone.
"My son, am sorry for putting you into such condition too. Indeed you are right that I have kept a secret from you for so long but please I beg of you to give me time. I have to get myself prepared. Please I hope after you are being told, you shall understand my reasons for having kept it a secret for this long".Mrs Elizabeth said.

"Mum you don't have to stress yourself about that now. Whenever you are ready to let me know, I will there to listen to you and I promise I won't be mad at you" He said to comfort his sick mother.

Edward didn't wanted any harm to go to his mother because she was the only one left for him. His dad was believed to be dead, his relatives didn't seem to be around there and his girlfriend abandoning him had added to the trauma he was passing through. Losing his mum was something he was not prepared for.

******Two weeks later, Edward's mum had gotten well and was active in everything. Edward was very happy seeing his mum happy again. He thought about the secret she was hiding from him and decided not to ask her to avoid health problems.
Edward sat admiring his mum who was moving in and out the kitchen that kitchen preparing his favourite dish.
He suddenly heard the hong of a car coming straight into the compound. He sat down watching the car approach until it gets into the compound and parked.
Edward's countenance changed when he saw the person that alighted from the car.
"What are you doing here you traitor ? Have you cone to mock me of who I am ? Please spare me the torment and go. I might be poor but I respect other people's feelings unlike you wealthy people." Edward thundered at Sharon who stood beside the car.

""I know you are angry with me now. I don't blame you because you have every right to be. All I ask from you now is just five minute of listening ear and I will leave afterwards if you still want me to go" Sharon said to him.

"It will be a waste of time to listen to any explanations you have to give Sharon. Is it the fact that you abandoned me at the time I needed you most that you want to explain or what ?. Your message was clear we are from different world's and nothing can change that so please go while you still can" He said getting more infuriating.

""Calm down my son, You are over reacting. Please give her a chance to explain herself before you judge her. I understand how you feel towards her but that won't help now. From the look of things, she is going through pains too" His mother convinced.

"Mum stay out of this. This woman is a traitor and doesn't deserve my precious time." He said before living their presence.

1 Like

Re: Twist Of Life by Nobody: 11:10am On Jul 24, 2017
Edward calm down nah....
Re: Twist Of Life by Pinkfeet: 11:10am On Jul 24, 2017
nice one emperor
Mr Alex look at what u have cause now
Edward listen to her first she has something to say
Re: Twist Of Life by Toyin223(f): 11:13am On Jul 24, 2017
Hmmmmmmmm Passing By
Re: Twist Of Life by Emperor380(m): 11:23am On Jul 24, 2017
Pls guys am very sorry for lagging behind with updates...I wanted to make it longer than this but I ve just got a message to deliver to jos
pls I hope u understand me...I promise to give u double updates when I return plsss bear with me
Re: Twist Of Life by Shakyroh320(f): 11:43am On Jul 24, 2017
Emperor380:
Pls guys am very sorry for lagging behind with updates...I wanted to make it longer than this but I ve just got a message to deliver to jos
pls I hope u understand me...I promise to give u double updates when I return plsss bear with me
waiting patiently for u,do have a safe journey,asoka lafia
Re: Twist Of Life by Toyin223(f): 11:46am On Jul 24, 2017
Emperor380:
Save Journey
Re: Twist Of Life by aprilwise(m): 3:13pm On Jul 24, 2017
At all at all na bad pass.
Re: Twist Of Life by Emperor380(m): 6:51pm On Jul 24, 2017
Cont'd

Mr Alex waver back and forth from one side of the sitting room to the other biting his hands as he moved to and fro. He suddenly stopped and clenched his fist like a wrestler who just saw his opponent looking at the door that was opening.
"Yes here you come" He thundered at his wife.

"Here I come ? why ? I mean what do u have for me that made you say that" She replied.
"Hey woman I am not in the mood for jokes now. And I will appreciate if you stop the pretence and tell me where our daughter Sharon is" He said with red eyes and a louder voice almost up to a scream.

"Hmmm so all this drama is about Sharon ? Well for your information, I am just as ignorant as you concerning her whereabout since morning. And I think she is a grown up old enough to take care of herself." Mrs Alex said in Sharon's defense.

"What kind of a mother are you ? Your daughter was living the house and you didn't even care to ask of where she was headed. What if she went to visit that wretched friend of hers ? Do you know what will happen if people see her hanging around with street dogs ?. You better pray she went somewhere else if not....?"

"If not what ? you will kill me because I couldn't stop her from going out ?. Alex what has come over you.....?, you barely stay at home roaming up and down from one office to another without giving little time for your family. For you its all about money and reputation forgetting that the people who love you are getting hurt. For goodness sake what is wrong with a girl of twenty years old going out on her own ? " Mrs Alex cut in before he completed his speech.

"Everything is wrong with that Vera. I am just trying to make sure that her future is secure and you stand here to question my stand in this ? For your information I don't rest not because I don't want to but because I want to put food on the table and make sure you people don't lack. Is this how am supposed to be appreciated ?...Now let me make this clear to you, if Sharon doesn't return before sun down, she will see the other side of me" Alex said and ran through the stairs up.

"Alex come back here, we are not done talking" Vera call out on her husband who was already at the top of the stair.

She stopped half way up the steps and began to think about her husbands too much thirst for fame and reputation. He has been a very caring and loving husband note until Sharon came back for holidays. He suddenly change into the beast he is now. " I hope this girl comes back soon to avoid more troubles from Alex" She whispered to herself.

*******"Go back home and inform my mum that I won't make it back today. She should look for a way to cover up to dad because I have a huge problem that I need to take care of with my boyfriend" Sharon dismissed the driver.
"But small madam, you sure say oga go buy the idea of you sleeping outside the house" Boscoe the driver cautioned.
"Boscoe don't bother about me. Just deliver my message to mum and also know how to manipulate dad" She said to him.
"Hmmm small madam I go try my best oo but you know oga Na. That man get sense no be small e go no go easy for driver like me to manipulate that man." He said.

"Boscoe I know what you want." She brought out two thousand naira from her purse and gave him. " I hope that this will give you more strategies on how to manipulate him" she said.

"Na now you talk. No worry, I go make sure say I cover you well well. No part of your body go expose". He said starting the car engine.

She stood at the middle of Edward's compound staring the car till it completely disappeared.

"Come inside my daughter." Mrs Elizabeth said leading the way to the flat.

"Mama how is your body ? " Sharon asked after getting in and settling on the couch.

"My daughter am fine thank you. I am feeling perfectly OK in fact I feel like am stronger than you" She said jokingly.

"Mama am sorry I couldn't visit at the heat of things but believe me I tried to but was not opportune I hope you will understand." She explained to Elizabeth.

"Don't worry I understand you. As for my son, he will come around. I want you to please exercise patience with his attitude toward you. He just felt betrayed."

"Mama you don't need to tell me that, I can't blame him for his attitude. I will be strong for us as far as I can. By the way I love your son with all my heart and had never felt or placed him below my class. He is the man and I respect his position."

Elizabeth hugged her tight and made to check on the food in the kitchen.
"Mama please relax let me help you" Sharon said to her anticipated mother in law.

"But my daughter you are not use to this kind of kitchen and the equipments used here. Don't you think you could hurt yourself" Mama cautioned her.

"Mama don't worry yourself I will be fine. Besides I cook in school with Edward. He has thought me how to use the utensils.
She left to the kitchen and continued from where mama stopped.

1 Like

Re: Twist Of Life by Emperor380(m): 7:39pm On Jul 24, 2017
Cont'd

Mrs Alex was relieved when she had the hong at the gate. She gave out a heavy sigh of relief and quickly rushed out a
She watched from the door how Boscoe drove to the garage and parked. Boscoe alighted first as expected, Mrs Alex expected his next move to be towards the back door but was shocked when he went out and walkex away from the car.
"Boscoe come back here" she shouted at him.

He ran towards her and in some seconds he was standing right in front of her and blabbing.
"Madam no vex oo I swear I no know say ba you deh stand for here. abed forgive my stupidity" He apologised.
"Enough of that Boscoe. Where is Sharon" She shouted at him.
He stood silent and confused.
"I say where is my daughter don't play dump with me" She charged at him.
"Oga madam abeg no vex oo. small madam talk say she no go fit com back today because she get wahala with her bobo. and she say make I tell you say make you cover up for her if oga ask you".He explained.

"This girl has killed me, what was she thinking ? Now how am I supposed to get out of this mess ?" She murmured. "And you" She pointed at Boscoe " Why did you allow her pushed through with such dump idea ? Didn't I told you not to allow her do anything stupid ?"

"eyyyhey!!!! madam I swear I try stop that girl but she no hear me at all. You know small madam Na. She no deh change her mind if she don agree on top something" He stammered.

"Shut up.....Now listen to me...Don't you try to expose her whereabout to anybody especially your oga. If I hear anything from anyone, you should get ready to bid goodbye to this house for good. Am I understood ?"

"Very understood ma. I promise say I go put super glue for my mouth madam" He said holding his lips together.

********It was evening and Mr Alex had returned from were he went to. He didn't even care to check at the garage whether the car Sharon used had returned.

"Hello! Can I know who am speaking with" He asked on picking a call from his phone.

"Sorry for calling late Sir. I have been busy with some projects in my dad's company. Less I forget its Khalifa Kroos".

Mr Alex gave out a smile on hearing that and continued.

"Oh! I understand. What do I expect from a billionaire's son ? I was even thinking you lost the card" Alex said

"No I didn't. Even though am busy, I always make time for myself." Khalifa said.

"So to what do I owe this august call ?" Alex asked.

"I will be free tomorrow and so I have decided to spend time at your your place . Hope that will be okay ?" He said.

"Ohhh! That will be fine. I will be honoured to host the son of the might Kroos himself." He said in a bright eye and bushy tail. "By the way my daughter Sharon will be pleased to welcome you. She has been complaining of boredom and I hope you will rescue her" He continued.

"Sure!! I will be very pleased to meet her" Khalifa replied.

They talk for some time and hung later hung up.

Mr Alex was filled with enthusiasm after the call. His plans about his daughter were coming through. Thinking of his daughter, he stood up and headed straight to her room to check if she was back already.
He opened the door to her room and met an empty space. He rushed down the stairs and hurried to the driver's apartment near the the gate calling on the driver "Boscoe, Boscoe" as he approached.

2 Likes

Re: Twist Of Life by Emperor380(m): 7:57pm On Jul 24, 2017
Thank you guys for wishing me journey mercies... bummybummy, Kelvinhilton, toyin223, Janet1234f, princ007, pinkfeet, aunt evajael, aunt kimkardashain, uncle hadampson, igit270, gtin, dad and mum stephengee12 and Kimberlywest respectively, hormobolanle, lest I forget aunt queenitee etc

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (34) (Reply)

Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) / Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! / A New Creation. (A Story By Donkross1 And Oyinprince)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.