Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,206 members, 7,829,315 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] (18272 Views)

Poll: Who Wins This Edition Of The Africa Nations Cup

Ghana: 24% (13 votes)
Egypt: 75% (40 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Egypt: African U23 Championship 2 - 2 On 2nd December. 2015 / Ghana Vs Egypt - World Cup Qualifier: (6 - 1) On Tuesday 15 October 2013 / U-20 World Cup Final: Ghana Wins Brazil [4 - 3] on Penalties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by Gbawe: 4:01pm On Feb 01, 2010
Abrantie:

Only 30% of Nigerians in Ghana are here legally and productive members of society. The remaining 90% are lazy and merely in search of ways to con their way through life. Stop thumping your chests because of fried chicken outlets and sorry banks. Name a single Nigerian telecom company in Ghana? Bitches, the least your ill-gotten wealth can do is open up fried chicken outlets. Most of your small businesses in Ghana are cocaine money laundering fronts.

Is that what inadequacy, inferiority complex and downright hate has turned you into ? You are so consumed with bad belle you cannot even praise the laudable achievement of others !!! If you will label a bonafide and successful restaurant chain a "chicken outlet" when similar to it (KFC) is now one of the biggest multi-billion franchise chain in the entire universe , then may God help your hateful soul.

Demean the achievements of Nigerians if you want but you , and other Ghanaians , should tell us why Ghanaians , on their own soil and in their own natural enviroment,  cannot take advantage of the opportunities in Ghana like the Nigerians and Lebanese are doing. Please try not to avoid the weak, redundant and lame excuse about "capital".

Below is the brief personal history of the founder of Chicken Rebublic. His success and methods typify what makes Nigerians who they are. This guy was in the diaspora, changed careers and understudied the hospitality businesses in some African nation before introducing his own successful chain.

Rather than learn from and be encouraged by the type of indomitable spirit and drive that produced this business you are here demeaning the praiseworthy achievements of others merely because you don't like their country of origin!!!

Na wa OOOO !!! "Chicken outlets" indeed !!!

http://www.foodconcept.biz/index.asp

Deji Akinyanju – Founder and Managing Director/CEO
Deji has a BA Information Systems (UK) and an MBA from Cardiff, Wales. He started his career with Accenture (formerly Andersen Consulting) in London, and has since garnered over 20 years' experience in IT, trading and the hospitality business in the UK, South Africa, Rwanda and Nigeria. Deji started the group in 1999, and has since been its Chief Executive, leading the company through the various stages and phases to its current position as a top 5 (by market share of revenues) of all QSRs in Nigeria, and one of the most-respected and up-market brands in the industry.
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by Gbawe: 4:12pm On Feb 01, 2010
londoner:

Ghana as a country is doing well in some areas, and they should be given credit for it. There is no point trying to rubbish them or make their progress somehow insignificant.

Indeed . Yet when you see a Ghanaian labelling a successfully franchised business a "chicken outlet" you appreciate the deep seated envy and inferiority complex that sees many Ghanaians totally unwilling to praise the good achievements of Nigerians, instead ignorantly preferring to deride them as drug dealers and fraudsters!!! Yet Nigerians , and as we have seen on this forum , have no problem at all lauding the governmental and democratic progress Ghana is making .

It is someone totally ignorants of events on the ground or totally consumed by hate that will attempt to decieve others with this ridiculous statement:

"Most of your small businesses in Ghana are cocaine money laundering fronts".
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by moosieh: 4:17pm On Feb 01, 2010
@londoner - not that it matters but I'm Nigerian.
This bickering is funny and sad at the same time.
I'm not saying we should all hold hands and sing kum-ba-ya
But we should recognize one profound truth
And that truth is the arabs are NOT our friends
Not Ghanians or Nigerians
So why all the vitriol in the wake of our embarrasing defeat to them?
Algerians, Tunisians, Morrocans, and Libyans alike are proud of the Pharaohs.
They put whatever petty  differences, rivalries, etc aside and are proudly cheering their North African brothers.
Arch rivals Algeria would never cheer Nigeria to beat their Egyptian brothers. FOR WHERE?
Cuz at the end of the day THEY ARE BROTHERS. We in sub-Saharan Africa are NOT THEIR BROTHERS.
They might tell you they are, but their actions tell a different story.
Not that their is anything wrong w/that. Its human nature. I know where my loyalties lie. But AFricans are the LAST people to enrich/uplift THEMSELVES FIRST before enriching "others". In fact, we do the exact opposite. Like the senseless arguing on this board. WHY?
At the end of the day, the Ghanians are OUR BROTHERS. Whether we like it or not THEY ARE. And vise versa. Not no arabs!
The sooner we realize this, the sooner ALL AFRICANS can truly enjoy our homeland.
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by londoner: 4:29pm On Feb 01, 2010
@Gbawe, its a mystery to me, why Ghanaians find it so difficult to admit the good they know Nigerians do even on their own soil. We cant force anyone and we shouldn't attempt to.

@Moosieh, did you grow up outside Nigeria ?

Anyway, to tell you the truth. I have visited Ghana and have visited Tunisia. I was welcomed more in Tunisia and they did not go on and on about the negatives of Nigeria like Ghanaians do.

I'm sorry, but just because someone is Black it does not make them my "brother" especially if they hate me and love to see me fail. BTW are the Nubians not "our brothers" just because they are Egyptian?, As you would have seen from the Egypt fans in Angola, many are also Black.
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by Gbawe: 4:42pm On Feb 01, 2010
londoner:

@Gbawe, its a mystery to me, why Ghanaians find it so difficult to admit the good they know Nigerians do even on their own soil. We cant force anyone and we shouldn't attempt to.

My brother, I have no time for that and usually I ignore these type of threads. Fine if they never acknowledge the good things we do . It is totally something else to then move on to peddling ridiculous, ignorant and offensive steretypes about Nigerians everywhere !!!
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by GATSKILLZ(m): 4:43pm On Feb 01, 2010
Hmmm!der is realy an error in d mistake.An idle mind lik dey say,is d devils workshop, Instead of u Ghanians 2tink on hw 2 make ur contry greater,u are der envyin oders progress.
Una go dey dere dey gosip us y we go de grow bigger &bigger.Time waits 4no man,u guyz shud get 2 work &stop discusing rubbish.
I don talk ma own"GBAM"
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by blackboi(m): 4:48pm On Feb 01, 2010
Egypt has done it again grin
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by londoner: 4:50pm On Feb 01, 2010
Gbawe:

My brother, I have no time for that and usually I ignore these type of threads. Fine if they never acknowledge the good things we do . It is totally something else to then move on to peddling ridiculous, ignorant and offensive steretypes about Nigerians everywhere !!!

Well, what else are they going to do? Start mentioning their own equivalent of Glo/Silverbird/Chicken Republic/UBA/Zenith etc?
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by Abrantie: 4:55pm On Feb 01, 2010
Gbawe & Co, your arguments are all retarded. For a country that struck it rich since nineteen effin' fifties (1950s) when most of us on this board weren't even born, y'all a disgrace to the continent. One or two Nigerians, out of friggin 150 MILLION opened a couple of fried chicken outlets in Accra, which probably employs about 10 people max (most of them Nigerians any way) and you're here bragging? Fvck off!

So Glo is coming to town huh? So what? Fvck'em. Don't mention undersea fiber cable because that shiet is already smack in our territorial waters, so more than likely, Glo bought rights from Ghana to link to it from Nigeria. In other words, we've had fiber for years now. That's why some telecos in Ghana can provide "high speed" or 3G/3.5G connectivity to the internet -- which is what I'm using right now.
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by moosieh: 4:59pm On Feb 01, 2010
I got nothing but love for the Nubians.  grin

Truth be told, I have no problem with arabs either. I've worked with several and I have a bunch as friends
MY posts right now are not about how I feel towards arabs. Different thread, different day,
But moreso that the African pride in me is disappointed in the childish rants between grown men (and women?) about which nation is greater.
Ghana? or Nigeria?

When it alludes everyone of the irony of an ARAB (NOT AFRICAN) nation won the AFRICAN cup of nations, and the possibility of representing Africa in the 2010 World Cup.

I know many just don't care. And therein lies the problem.
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by mastalee(m): 5:05pm On Feb 01, 2010
It is not fair that the Egyptians are
not playing at the world cup, embarassed
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by londoner: 5:17pm On Feb 01, 2010
@abrantie, please give me the name of a Ghanaian telecoms company in Ghana.
Also please give the amount of FDI Ghana recieves from the "one or two" Nigerians investing in the country.

Glo is the first to have a submarine cable from the UK, to Nigeria going through Ghana and also Spain, Portugal, Morocco, Senegal, Mauritiania.

http://www.modernghana.com/news/208707/1/glo-mobile-partners-zte-in-ghana.html

This article states what they will do in Ghana. It is no small feat.
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by madaboyeg: 5:21pm On Feb 01, 2010
[center]

[/center]
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by Gbawe: 5:21pm On Feb 01, 2010
Abrantie:

Gbawe & Co, your arguments are all retarded. For a country that struck it rich since nineteen effin' fifties (1950s) when most of us on this board weren't even born, y'all a disgrace to the continent.

This tired argument you present makes the point I am getting accross that your hate-filled mind will not allow you to see. Sure, at the national level Nigeria is self-destructive and a bad example of Governance whereas Ghana is a good example of a progressive democracy . Nonetheless , Nigerians have not been 'damaged' by misgovernance. Nigerians are still talented enough to excel at home and beyond their border against all odds. they are in Ghana doing well at things Ghanaians view as unachievable or 'off limit'

As I said before, the private sector indicates the ambition, competitiveness, drive, intelligence, flair, natural ability and innovation of a people far better than anything else. In Governance , Ghana floors Nigeria. In the African private sector , wether you want to admit it or not , Ghanaians are not even a close match for Nigerians. This is what riles you and your ilk . You see people with abilities you don't have effortlessly doing things you cannot do. It is natural to hate them and claim they are all criminals. No doubt , that makes you feel better about your own inadequacies that sees you and other Ghanaian men conceding business ground to the Nigerian and Lebanese business community on your own soil when , as per natural 'home' advantage, you should , at the very least, be competing with others instead of being totally absent !!!
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by Gbawe: 5:38pm On Feb 01, 2010
moosieh:

I[b]But moreso that the African pride in me is disappointed in the childish rants between grown men (and women?) about which nation is greater.
Ghana? or Nigeria?[/b]

From my side , that is far from what this is about . Far too many Ghanaians , similar to how an unrepentant racist is verbally offensive, now think it acceptable to routinely refer to Nigerians as 419ner, drug dealer , child trafficker, etc when those ridiculous stereotype could not be further from the truth!!!!!  Go to any any Ghanaian forum to find this out for yourself. Many Ghanaians know the truth , from seeing us in their environment, that most Nigerians are dynamic, hardworking and talented yet they prefer to write nothing but the nastiest and ugliest things about Nigeria and Nigerians. I am simply trying to make those type of Ghanaians understand that we know their motivation for this decietful mudslinging.
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by londoner: 5:42pm On Feb 01, 2010
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by Nobody: 6:09pm On Feb 01, 2010
oh i get it Ghanian's are mad because they are less attractive. grin oops my bad i shouldn't have said that cheesy
Ghanian's are very beautiful that's why they are so dark.
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by moosieh: 6:11pm On Feb 01, 2010
gentlemen, I hear you.
But let me pose this question.
Again the focus of my posts are not on Ghanians or Nigerians per se
But on the irony of arab nations winning the African Cup of Nations. Repeatedly for that matter.
What message does this send to you?
I'm just curious.
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by moosieh: 6:14pm On Feb 01, 2010
@micktosin

grow up.
and get a clue.
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by morpheus24: 6:18pm On Feb 01, 2010
moosieh:

gentlemen, I hear you.
But on the irony of arab nations winning the African Cup of Nations. Repeatedly for that matter.
What message does this send to you?
I'm just curious.

That it is unAfrican to differentiate on racial lines when commenting on African football.THe morrocan, Algerian,Tunisian and indeed the Egytians have long historic ties to Africa going back a very long time and despite the Arabization of North Africa not all North Africans are genetically Arabs even though many of them think so.

So there should be no issue. What I do believe is that the European style of soccer is killing the flare of the West African footballers and thus killing our style of play
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by londoner: 6:19pm On Feb 01, 2010
moosieh:

gentlemen, I hear you.
[b]What message does this send to you?[/b]I'm just curious.

That they are very good at football. What else should it signify? If you have an issue with certain Africans winning because of their race, then thats a different issue.

What is ironic in a good team winning their games consistently? Is it Ironic that Brazil win much of the games they play?

Micktosin, what rubbish. So, many Ghanaians are dark, beautifully dark may I add.
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by Gbawe: 6:30pm On Feb 01, 2010
micktosin:

oh i get it Ghanian's are mad because they are less attractive. grin oops my bad i shouldn't have said that cheesy
Ghanian's are very beautiful that's why they are so dark.

Your post is distasteful and it is Ghanaians not Ghanians !!!!!
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by vislabraye(m): 6:42pm On Feb 01, 2010
Wao, I was so impressed with the Ghanaian team. They played so well.They were damn unlucky to have lost to Egypt. To all Ghanaians, you should be very proud about your team because I see it dominating Africa in the years to come. I think Ghana played their worst against Nigeria and still won. Today, they played very well and matched the Egyptians in every aspect of the game. They created more chances and played better then the Egyptians.

I can see you are just absolutely biased. I guess Guess Ghana played their best game against Cote D'Viore and lost  3 1 oh i mean 3 0  . If not for that unmeritted penalty the ref gave you guys, and now its you people who complain about the officiating.

I was actually disappointed in Egypt because they deserved to score more than a goal. We are waiting to see you guys play in this forth coming world cup.

As for other issues youguys are talking about, calling Nigerians names and so on; Ghana secretely admires and publicly despice Nigerians, I have alot of facts but thats for another day
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by Gbawe: 6:49pm On Feb 01, 2010
moosieh:

gentlemen, I hear you.
[b]But on the irony of arab nations winning the African Cup of Nations. Repeatedly for that matter.[/b]What message does this send to you?
I'm just curious.

The emphasis on "Arab nation" sounds a tad divisive to me.  Africa is a diverse continent and we should accept that diversity rather than view it as a tool of polarisation or unity. As far as I am concerned an African nation has just won an African football tourny it was allowed to participate in by virtue of it being an African nation. We really should move away from trying to establish the notion of an 'enhanced brotherhood' that should mentally force West Africans to automatically support each other.  For the record, I actually wanted Ghana to win for my own reasons that has nothing to do with preventing an "Arab nation" lifting the cup.
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by Nobody: 7:00pm On Feb 01, 2010
Gbawe:

Your post is distasteful and it is Ghanaians not Ghanians !!!!!

Excuse me Gbawe but one can say either Ghanian, Ghanese or Ghanaian. All of them are correct. Check your vocabs.
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by ayettymama(f): 7:01pm On Feb 01, 2010
hete them or love them

ghanaians are doin well

they have succesfully beat nigeria at everything

including football!

countries more developed

economically stable

better gov.t

even Kofi anan is ghanaian

ghana give yourselves a pat on the back

nigerians are too proud to redo themselves!
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by yosla: 7:23pm On Feb 01, 2010
hmmmmm!!! our eagles needs to be totally overhauled else we will be operating on the platform of mediocrity-(we are tired of coming 3rd all the time).
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by AndreUweh(m): 7:24pm On Feb 01, 2010
I predicted that Egypt will win the cup and it has come to pass.
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by londoner: 7:25pm On Feb 01, 2010
@Ayettymama, Kofi Annan? He was never in government in Ghana, lol
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by moosieh: 7:32pm On Feb 01, 2010
aight, thanks for you responses.
I don't wanna hijack this thread, this is about a football match, not a history lesson
so I'll leave out the historical anecdotes of the Arabization of Northern Africa
I was just curious if anyone else felt the way I did

carry on,
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by Moneyline(m): 7:33pm On Feb 01, 2010
Egypt deserve the trophy!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

4 Japanese Basketball Players Suspended After Paying Prostitutes For Sex / Fifa Under 17 Competition In South Korea / How Nigerian Players Fared In European Football Last Weekend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.