Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,324 members, 7,850,159 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:25 PM

Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] - Sports (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] (18300 Views)

Poll: Who Wins This Edition Of The Africa Nations Cup

Ghana: 24% (13 votes)
Egypt: 75% (40 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Egypt: African U23 Championship 2 - 2 On 2nd December. 2015 / Ghana Vs Egypt - World Cup Qualifier: (6 - 1) On Tuesday 15 October 2013 / U-20 World Cup Final: Ghana Wins Brazil [4 - 3] on Penalties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by morpheus24: 3:30pm On Feb 02, 2010
@ Moosieh

Please sample the link below and pay attention to the pargrapghs on Egyptian "origins" and "identity" you might learn a thing or two

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=post;topic=389204.256;num_replies=287
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by Gbawe: 3:41pm On Feb 02, 2010
Abrantie:

Ok, Nigeria is our saviour. Ghana is nothing without your investments. Are you happy now? or did I forget to add "giant of Africa" somewhere?

One last thing. While you're all busy running to Ghana to save our economy, can you just please fix your roads first? IDIOTS!

grin grin grin you're angry? Please keep belittling the laudable strides Nigerians are making in your country while you are happy to play onlooker. Also , rather than getting involved in shaping the business climate of your nation, continue to let apathy and lack of ambition force you to remain on the sideline while the Nigerian and Lebanese business communities grow bolder because of your disinterest in the opportunities around you. Abeg please continue to let hate dictate what your tongue says to the extent you call a successful international franchise a "Chicken outlet" , because it is owned by a Nigerian, instead of learning from its success.

Don't stop telling the World , even if you know in your heart it is not true, that majority of the Nigeria businesses in Ghana are fronts for drug dealers. Please never tackle the type of hate that pushes you to making outlandish and ridiculous pronouncement that defy logic such as the statement made by another Ghanaian on this forum  that "3 out of every 5 armed robbers in Ghana are Nigerian"!!!!!!!

Hate prevents you from being effective and productive. Succesful Ghanaians like Alhaji Asuma Banda (Antrak air) are always the Ghanaians who eschew hate and are savvy, exposed , amiable and liberal. The haters sit on website calling citizens of a nation armed robbers, 419ners , etc , etc , etc.
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by morpheus24: 3:52pm On Feb 02, 2010
Gbawe:

grin grin grin you're angry? Please keep belittling the laudable strides Nigerians are making in your country while you are happy to play onlooker. Also , rather than getting involved in shaping the business climate of your nation, continue to let apathy and lack of ambition force you to remain on the sideline while the Nigerian and Lebanese business communities grow bolder because of your disinterest in the opportunities around you. Abeg please continue to let hate dictate what your tongue says to the extent you call a successful international franchise a "Chicken outlets" , because it is owned by a Nigerian, instead of learning from its success.

Don't stop telling the World , even if you know in your heart it is not true, that majority of the Nigeria businesses in Ghana are fronts for drug dealers. Please never tackle the type of hate that pushes you to making outlandish and ridiculous pronouncement that defy logic such as a statement made by another Ghanaian on this forum that "3 out of every 5 armed robbers in Ghana is Nigerian"!!!!!!!

Hate prevents you from being effective and productive. Succesful Ghanaians like Alhaji Asuma Banda (Antrak air) are always the Ghanaians who eschew hate and are savvy, exposed , amiable and liberal. The haters sit on website calling citizens of a nation armed robbers, 419ners , etc , etc , etc.

Here here!!
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by shesi(m): 4:32pm On Feb 02, 2010
hahahahaha

OMG, wtf?

What has this thread turned into? i was suprised to see this thread was still active until i opened it and saw Gbawe. lol. my suspicions were soon confirmed.

I don't even want to waste time addressing the points that have been raised because ALL of them have been raised before on other threads and i have comprehensively rebutted ALL of them in the past. Ask Gbawe, he has been on all of those threads. suprise suprise. Seriously dude, you are suffering from a complex.

Tell me Gbawe, what at all did they do to you while you were in Ghana? cus this chip on your shoulder is too bleeping large. Your hatred for all things Ghana is turning into dementia. What is hilarious though is that you castigate me for being, in your words, hyprocritical. But you don't have the presence of mind to admit that you yourself hate Ghana just for the sake of it. Preferring rather to attribute your nonsensical contributions on this thread to my first contribution? are you bleeping kidding me?
Take a good look at yourself before you call anybody bigoted why dont you.

I see you are doing your best to sound thoughful and balanced. But alas, most of us can see through your careful attempts at a balanced contributions. You failed.

You, and your ilk on this thread, are just jealous to the bone of Ghana. Simple as. Try as you might to try to fabricate some other reason for your effussions, the truth is pretty obvious
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by moosieh: 4:56pm On Feb 02, 2010
Arabs didn't start coming into African until about 700 AD, during which they spread Islam
Before their arrival, the people there were Black. Just like the indigenous Europeans were white, Americans were red, and Asians were yellow, the (North) Africans were BLACK! Arabs spread their religion slowly south (by the sword of course) into Africa and other regions of the world for several centuries until European colonialism. Its only after the withdrawal of the European colonial forces did the Arabs see their opportunity to expand through AFrica once again.

There are countless forums where leaders of nations such as Libya (Quaddafi) Sudan (Hassan), Egypt (Nasser), Morocco, Chad, Niger, Algeria, etc have emphatically stated that their nation and entire socio-economic and geo-political existence is Arabic, their tongue, their culture, their religion, etc. For all the Black Muslims out there, they don't consider you a good Muslim unless you speak Arabic. Thier intention is to turn Africa into a Muslim-practicing and Arabic-speaking continent.

In the last 15 centuries, Arab invaders have grabbed 1/3 of the African continent, and systematically enslaved, exterminated or arabised the Blacks they met there. Some examples include:

Chad:UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs reports children being sold to Arab herdsmen. As part of a new identity imposed on them the herdsmen ", change their name, forbid them to speak in their native dialect, ban them from conversing with people from their own ethnic group and make them adopt Islam as their religion.

Mali: The Malian government denies that slavery exists. Slavery still continues
Mauritania: A system exists now by which Arabs own black slaves. An estimated 600,000 black Mauritanians, or 20% of the population, are still enslaved, many of them used as bonded labour.

Niger: In Niger, where the practice of slavery was outlawed in 2003, a study found that almost 8% of the population are still slaves.

Sudan: Slavery in the Sudan predates Islam, but continued under Islamic rulers and has never completely died out in Sudan. In the Sudan, Christian and animist captives in the civil war are often enslaved, and female prisoners are often used sexually, with their Muslim captors claiming that Islamic law grants them permission
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by londoner: 5:00pm On Feb 02, 2010
^^^^Still no real mention of EGYPT. You said you are a Christian? Would you like to also give a detailed account of how peoples were conquered , enslaved and indoctrinated by Christians and through the use of the Bible?

The history of Christian and Muslim invasion on African soil is not disimiliar if you ask me.
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by morpheus24: 6:03pm On Feb 02, 2010
moosieh:

Arabs didn't start coming into African until about 700 AD, during which they spread Islam
Before their arrival, the people there were Black. Just like the indigenous Europeans were white, Americans were red, and Asians were yellow, the (North) Africans were BLACK! Arabs spread their religion slowly south (by the sword of course) into Africa and other regions of the world for several centuries until European colonialism. Its only after the withdrawal of the European colonial forces did the Arabs see their opportunity to expand through AFrica once again.

FALSE INFORMATION. If you are not certain of something just say you are not certain. The indigenous north Africans were not necessarily black.See Proof below.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berber_people

moosieh:

There are countless forums where leaders of nations such as Libya (Quaddafi) Sudan (Hassan), Egypt (Nasser), Morocco, Chad, Niger, Algeria, etc have emphatically stated that their nation and entire socio-economic and geo-political existence is Arabic, their tongue, their culture, their religion, etc. For all the Black Muslims out there, they don't consider you a good Muslim unless you speak Arabic. Thier intention is to turn Africa into a Muslim-practicing and Arabic-speaking continent.

In the last 15 centuries, Arab invaders have grabbed 1/3 of the African continent, and systematically enslaved, exterminated or arabised the Blacks they met there.

now thats just propaganda the Arabs have invaded any lands they see and convert the people regardless of their ethnicity or so called "race". in fact there are group of Imazigh indigenous north Africans who reject Arab elite control. These imazigh are not necessarily black people.

the egyptians that were conqured by Arabs were not black, in fact they were not even considered Arab for a long time, same goes for most ot Nubia or what youknow as Northern sudan today. those mofo's aren't Arab only Arabized.

Again Arab is an ethnicity. People who have bee islamized are also Arabized in the same fashion. It doesn't only happen to black people.

Egyptians, Morrocans, Algerian, Tunisians are not necessarily Arab and can claim African ancestry as much as you can. Don't be blinded by misconceptions.

Chad:UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs reports children being sold to Arab herdsmen. As part of a new identity imposed on them the herdsmen ", change their name, forbid them to speak in their native dialect, ban them from conversing with people from their own ethnic group and make them adopt Islam as their religion.

[quote][/quote]
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by jona2: 6:06pm On Feb 02, 2010
:d ;d

Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by jona2: 6:07pm On Feb 02, 2010
Gay Pride" Parade In Ghana?

Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by jona2: 6:08pm On Feb 02, 2010
:d

Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by jona2: 6:10pm On Feb 02, 2010
:p

Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by jona2: 6:12pm On Feb 02, 2010

Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by jona2: 6:24pm On Feb 02, 2010
[b]Nigeria accounts for 60% of Ghana’s foreign investment, GIPC
Business Jan 20, 2010 By Yinka Kolawole
Nigerian businesses account for about 60 percent of foreign investment in Ghana, aided by the enabling investment climate of the West African country.

Director, Marketing and Public Relations, Ghana Investment Promotion Centre (GIPC), Mr. Edward Ashong-Lartey, stated this last week, in Lagos, at a forum to announce the forthcoming 2010 International Business Events Management (IBEM) conference billed for Ghana in March.

GIPC is a one-stop government agency, in the office of the Ghanaian Presidency, that facilitates and supports local and foreign investors in both the manufacturing and services sectors of Ghana.

According to him, the level of Nigerian investment in Ghana is very high, especially with the entrance of communications giant, Globacom, along with some other companies, into the country, adding that the Ghanaian officials to discuss possible areas of further collaboration with Nigerian investors and the kind of incentives that will promote investment and business relations between both countries, ahead of the IBEM conference.

Ashong-Lartey noted that the forthcoming event with the theme: “Investing and Growing Your Business in Ghana – Challenges and Opportunities”, is aimed at enabling investors both in Africa and other continents to harness the business opportunities that are abound in Ghana, adding that the interest on Nigeria is borne out of the fact that she has the experience in manpower and technical capacity that are believed would be relevant to Ghana to develop its nascent sectors, especially oil and gas. “Talk about the population, the land mass, abundant natural resources, technocrats and so on. Already, Nigeria is seriously playing active role in Ghana’s economy,” he stated.

He said that GIPC sees investment opportunities for Nigerians in agriculture and agro-processing; fish processing; sports, Leisure and Infrastructure; transport; infrastructure, power and tele-communications, among others.

“Government would harness the opportunity that abound in the discovery of and exploration of oil in the country to woo and encourage would-be investors. All expectations of investors are assured and would not be dashed,” he stated.

The Ghanaian government official,  however, acknowledged that the country was currently experiencing some challenges in the areas of security, high interest rates, bank charges and inadequate power generation (at 1,850-mega watts) that may discourage investors, but noted that the government was working seriously on ways to address the issues. He said, for instance, that about six foreign companies have indicated interest to use gas to produce energy with the hope of boosting the power supply before the end of 2010, adding that tax holidays were being considered for some sectors and tourists just to create conducive environment for investors in the country.

Targets participants for the forthcoming conference, according to Ashong-Lartey, include manufacturers in Europe, America, UK, Asia and Africa; local and foreign investors, chambers of commerce and industry, regional and multinational corporate bodies, oil and gas companies, banks and financial institutions.[/b]
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by Gbawe: 7:04pm On Feb 02, 2010
shesi:

hahahahaha

OMG, wtf?

What has this thread turned into? i was suprised to see this thread was still active until i opened it and saw Gbawe. lol. my suspicions were soon confirmed.

I don't even want to waste time addressing the points that have been raised because ALL of them have been raised before on other threads and i have comprehensively rebutted ALL of them in the past. Ask Gbawe, he has been on all of those threads. suprise suprise. Seriously dude, you are suffering from a complex.

Tell me Gbawe, what at all did they do to you while you were in Ghana? cus this chip on your shoulder is too bleeping large. Your hatred for all things Ghana is turning into dementia. What is hilarious though is that you castigate me for being, in your words, hyprocritical. But you don't have the presence of mind to admit that you yourself hate Ghana just for the sake of it. Preferring rather to attribute your nonsensical contributions on this thread to my first contribution? are you bleeping kidding me?
Take a good look at yourself before you call anybody bigoted why dont you.

I see you are doing your best to sound thoughful and balanced. But alas, most of us can see through your careful attempts at a balanced contributions. You failed.

You, and your ilk on this thread, are just jealous to the bone of Ghana. Simple as. Try as you might to try to fabricate some other reason for your effussions, the truth is pretty obvious

grin grin grin I don't do jealousy mate . Even if I did , I would not be jealous of someone who does not have what I want. You forget that , after all is said and done , we all still have to bear our father's name as individuals !!! Only losers and fools will harp on about the achievements of their government alone while they , as individuals , still remain woefully far less talented than others as demonstrated vividly by how Nigerians are coming to your country and greatly outshining you on your own turf . Address that fact before you tell more lies !!!!

Nigerians have left their own border to do progressive endeavours in your own country that you guys cannot contemplate yet you contend I am jealous of you? What sound intelligence and logic you are working with!!!! I would posit that any logical person would conclude that it is the other way round and that it is you and many other insecure Ghanaian men who are jealous of Nigerians at an individual level !! This is why you never stop atempting to discredit them !!!!

I asked all you Ghanaian members of Nairaland to name one Private sector activity Ghanaians do better than Nigerians yet no takers !!! Meanwhile I can name ten thing Nigerians do better than Ghanaians !!!! Still contend that Nigerians are jealous of you? Only a bad belle Nigerian will fail to praise Ghana for it improving democracy but most Nigerians , aside from investing in Ghana, are too happy with their natural endoment to be jealous of those who achieve far less than they do on a personal level.

Anyway , by your own admission , we know you have been away from Ghana for a while (typical of the stay-abroad-let-others-control-my-wealth attitude of some Ghanaians) and we also know that you 'fabricate' to decieve so one can hardly expect any objectivity from you. You dont realise how illogical some of your rants are . Does it make sense for Americans , who give the world a large part of its culture through the sheer dominance of their progressiveness, to be "jealous" of Norwegians because Norway has less crime, less corruption, better democracy and better infrastructure? Sure some Americans will move to Norway to enjoy less crime, less coruption, etc but that cannot indicate to a normal person , who is unbiased and thinking correctly ,that Americans are jealous of Norwegians!!!!
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by londoner: 7:13pm On Feb 02, 2010
@shesi, noone is jealous of Ghanaians. We applaud your electoral process and strides in that area. Most Nigerians do so, openly and without provocation fom Ghanaians.

We want Nigeria to follow that lead, people who are jealous dont give and credence or praise to those they envy, in fact they do the opposite.

I use this thread as a case in point.
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by jona2: 7:29pm On Feb 02, 2010
cool

Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by Abrantie: 8:45pm On Feb 02, 2010
Nigerians, in general, suffer from what's known as delusion of grandeur.

delusion of gran·deur (grănˈjər, -jo͝orˌ)
noun: A delusion in which one believes oneself possessed of great importance, power, wealth, intellect, or ability.
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by Martass: 8:54pm On Feb 02, 2010
Gbawe,

I hope you read the response and the simple reason I gave to your notion that Nigerians come to Ghana and outperform Ghanaians. Go back and read. Nigerians are not and cannot be better than Ghanaians by any stretch of the imagination. But by then I am not surprised at your claim because it’s not out of character.

I come to this site occasionally (When I think there is an issue Nigerians would start blowing steam about Ghana) and sometimes I read some funny and ridiculous claims by Nigerians which makes me wonder whether those people understand what they write at all. Unfortunately you’ve also joined these ridiculous circus-claims by Nigerians, I’m not surprised.
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by Gbawe: 9:45pm On Feb 02, 2010
Martass:

Gbawe,

I hope you read the response and the simple reason I gave to your notion that Nigerians come to Ghana and outperform Ghanaians. Go back and read. Nigerians are not and cannot be better than Ghanaians by any stretch of the imagination. But by then I am not surprised at your claim because it’s not out of character.

I come to this site occasionally (When I think there is an issue Nigerians would start blowing steam about Ghana) and sometimes I read some funny and ridiculous claims by Nigerians which makes me wonder whether those people understand what they write at all. Unfortunately you’ve also joined these ridiculous circus-claims by Nigerians, I’m not surprised.

Abeg OOOO , don't put words into my mouth. I have not implied that Nigerians are better people than Ghanaians as that would have a moral dimension also. In that respect, and to that effect, no one can therefore claim to be better than others as we have good and bad in all . What I have tried to get accross to you is that , right now , Nigerians are far more naturally talented, more ambitious , more ingenuous, more innovative and more driven than Ghanaians. It may be that , like the USA - the land of immigrants, Nigerians have greater hunger , that spurs greater creativity, ingenuity and performance, because of the diversity within the borders of Nigeria . You cannot expect village folks to be as driven and as talented as City folks . 

I am also not saying that Ghanaians cannot be or are not ever as driven as Nigerians . The  bottom line is that a Nigerian , if he has a deficiency, will endeavour to learn from other - he will seek to improve himself  and not waste time and energy badmouthing those he can learn from !!! Insecure Ghanaians , instead, prefer to blacken the character of those they cannot match up to . this is why on all your websites you guys cannot go two seconds without calling Nigerians armed robbers, 419ners, drug dealers , etc  !!!! It is very convenient to continuously refer to Nigerians as armed robbers, drug dealers , 419ners , etc to mask the inferiority you feel at witnessing Nigerians outdo you in the private sector and at anything that involves creativity and innovation .

For example ,  go to any decent dressmaker in Accra . Ask for a catalogue and you will see that they are all Nigerian catalogues/magazines featuring Nigerian dresses worn by Nigerian women in Nigerian societal settings !!!!! Are the dressmakers using Nigerian catalogues because Nigerians  '419ned' them to accept it or might the simple answer be that Nigerians are perhaps more creative at fashion because of their more stimulating and diverse social environment ?  You guys cannot hide behind good governance for ever . When Nigeria gains good leaders whatever else will the insecure, hateful Ghanaian have to brag about ?

Your excuse about Nigerians doing better than Ghanaians in Ghana is the heights of self-deciet !!!! "Greater capital" and "oil money" is the most ridiculous excuse  I have heard !!!!! Just swallow your pride, give Nigerians their dues and move on.
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by Martass: 10:29pm On Feb 02, 2010
I still stand by my argument that the Nigerian businesses setting up in Ghana come with their money, else tell me where do they get the money to start those businesses. I believe the Ghanaian government for sure would not be dishing out loans to Nigerians? 

Hehehehe, You still want to delude yourself so you can’t even admit this simple fact, that's fine too. I can understand this delusion of grandeur which like I said is not out of character but just annoying sometimes. Anyway, the decent Ghanaian dressmaker I know does not use Nigerian catalogues.

We have no problems at all with Nigerians bringing money to invest. So long as they are decent, play by the rules and are not lawless, we are all good.  That's why we want to encourage that and weed out the riff-raffs who would bring problems.

Meanwhile, for you, if thinking that Nigerians are more talented than Ghanaians give you satisfaction, then by all means knock yourself out. I guess there is no point trying to make such an argument with a Nigerian.
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by Liedetect: 10:41pm On Feb 02, 2010

Abrantie

delusion of gran•deur (grănˈjər, -jo͝orˌ)
noun:  A delusion in which one believes oneself possessed of great importance, power, wealth, intellect, or ability

Yes and so what’s your business.  Ghanaians suffer from inferior complex and Uncle Tom Syndrome. You do not find us Nigerians going over to your boards to bother you about it, do you?

Ghanaians are always going around wringing their fingers, bowing, and scraping and wanting us to join them in licking boots.  I mean the entire world is full of black people doing just that. If behaving inferior gains you wealth and respect then the majority of the black world must be doing well thank-you-very-much in which case they don need Nigerians to join them.

But then again you can’t trust the sneaky, backstabbing, hypocritical Ghanaians, the other day I saw one of their videos on Youtube and they were boasting “Ghanaians have got swagger!” trying to copy us.

Anyway, I would urge fellow Nigerians to bear in mind that all of this provocations is attention-seeking Ghanaians. They are  here trying to generate a long thread so they can fool themselves and others that we are interested in them and what they do and then broadcast it on their famous world famouse radio station. grin grin grin
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by shesi(m): 10:44pm On Feb 02, 2010
I don't do jealousy mate . Even if I did , I would not be jealous of someone who does not have what I want. You forget that , after all is said and done , we all still have to bear our father's name as individuals !!! Only losers and fools will harp on about the achievements of their government alone while they , as individuals , still remain woefully far less talented than others as demonstrated vividly by how Nigerians are coming to your country and greatly outshining you on your own turf . Address that fact before you tell more lies !!!!

Nigerians have left their own border to do progressive endeavours in your own country that you guys cannot contemplate yet you contend I am jealous of you? What sound intelligence and logic you are working with!!!! I would posit that any logical person would conclude that it is the other way round and that it is you and many other insecure Ghanaian men who are jealous of Nigerians at an individual level !! This is why you never stop atempting to discredit them !!!!

I asked all you Ghanaian members of Nairaland to name one Private sector activity Ghanaians do better than Nigerians yet no takers !!! Meanwhile I can name ten thing Nigerians do better than Ghanaians !!!! Still contend that Nigerians are jealous of you? Only a bad belle Nigerian will fail to praise Ghana for it improving democracy but most Nigerians , aside from investing in Ghana, are too happy with their natural endoment to be jealous of those who achieve far less than they do on a personal level.

Anyway , by your own admission , we know you have been away from Ghana for a while (typical of the stay-abroad-let-others-control-my-wealth attitude of some Ghanaians) and we also know that you 'fabricate' to decieve so one can hardly expect any objectivity from you. You dont realise how illogical some of your rants are . Does it make sense for Americans , who give the world a large part of its culture through the sheer dominance of their progressiveness, to be "jealous" of Norwegians because Norway has less crime, less corruption, better democracy and better infrastructure? Sure some Americans will move to Norway to enjoy less crime, less coruption, etc but that cannot indicate to a normal person , who is unbiased and thinking correctly ,that Americans are jealous of Norwegians!!!!

Look, i will not play this back and forth with you again. We've done it several times in the past on different threads. But you'll ignore the answers i give and make your same inane points as soon as you see another thread on which to unleash your ghana hate.

It usually goes like this, i will answer your question and name a few sectors. You will ignore that and name your own areas where you think nigerians dominate Ghanaians. And back it up with 2 or 3 examples i have never heard of. the kind only a nigerian would know. I will tell you i've never heard those names before. You'll call me ignorant. Forgetting that just as the only reason you know those examples is because they are nigerians. And that i could make the same claims and use ghanaian examples you have never heard of before. It's all a bit predictable and i don't have the time for it today. Maybe some other day i'll oblige and play along to make you happy.

We have a saying in Ghana, that "you think you're the only farmer in town until you've been to another person's farm"

Someone just mentioned the term "Delusions of Grandeur" I honestly believe this is the best characterization of Nigerians in general. Seriously, anybody who has had any close contact with most nigerians would draw the same conclusion. The only people who think so highly of nigerians are nigerians. The rest of us (the world) cannot understand what you are going on about.

and btw, you tell me that after all is said and done we each carry father's name abi? Is your surname "Nigerians"?? lol, you crack me up o.

For the record, the only thing the whole world agrees Nigeria is better than Ghana at is producing oil. Finito. Ask around.
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by Abrantie: 10:48pm On Feb 02, 2010
Gbawe is definitely full of himself. Now he resorts to dressmaker catalogs as proof of Nigerian business acumen. I really don't know his scientific methodology (i.e how many shops he visited), but I have several women in my family who are seamstresses and NONE of them carry catalogs with Nigerian dress models. Ivory Coast? yes, because we are immediate neighbors and local clothing fashion diffuses readily. Eastern Ivory Coast is pretty much Ghana.
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by Martass: 10:57pm On Feb 02, 2010
Nigerians started developing this childish bloated egos when they started having the oil boom. Still they've forgotten that 70% of their population is as poor as any poor African nation, talk about misuse of talent and resources, tweaaaa!!!. I have even read many Nigerians here comparing themselves to the US, haba!!!.
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by Liedetect: 11:00pm On Feb 02, 2010

Abrantie

delusion of gran•deur (grănˈjər, -jo͝orˌ)
noun: A delusion in which one believes oneself possessed of great importance, power, wealth, intellect, or ability

Yes and so what’s your business. Ghanaians suffer from inferior complex and Uncle Tom Syndrome. You do not find us Nigerians going over to your boards to bother you about it, do you?

Ghanaians are always going around wringing their fingers, bowing, and scraping and wanting us to join them in licking boots. I mean the entire world is full of black people doing just that. If behaving inferior gains you wealth and respect then the majority of the black world must be doing well thank-you-very-much in which case they don need Nigerians to join them.

But then again you can’t trust the sneaky, backstabbing, hypocritical Ghanaians, the other day I saw one of their videos on Youtube and they were boasting “Ghanaians have got swagger!” trying to copy us.

Anyway, I would urge fellow Nigerians to bear in mind that all of this provocations is attention-seeking Ghanaians. They are here trying to generate a long thread so they can fool themselves and others that we are interested in them and what they do and then broadcast it on their famous world famouse radio station. grin grin grin
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by shesi(m): 11:04pm On Feb 02, 2010
Gbawe is definitely full of himself. Now he resorts to dressmaker catalogs as proof of Nigerian business acumen. I really don't know his scientific methodology (i.e how many shops he visited), but I have several women in my family who are seamstresses and NONE of them carry catalogs with Nigerian dress models. Ivory Coast? yes, because we are immediate neighbors and local clothing fashion diffuses readily. Eastern Ivory Coast is pretty much Ghana.

Chale trust me. These are the kind of stupid examples they use to back up what they think in their mind are strong points.
It's too tiring to attempt to correct them. And they interpret your silence to mean you accept what they are saying. And the cycle goes on.

That Gbawe likes to give off the impression that he is knowledgable about the workings of Ghana and that he is some sort of impartial observer. Laughable! he knows next to nothing. Either that or he's blinded by pure hate. I tend to skew towards the latter explanation.

I once told them that for a bank to operate in Ghana, by Ghana law, it has to be 60% Ghana owned. So all those nigerian banks they love to use in their own examples are just nigerian in name. They are infact owned by Ghanaians by majority. I remember backing it up with a section of the said regulation. They conveniently ignored that and went on to talk about Glo. A company i had not heard of before at that time. And then they say things like "isn't Glo sponsoring your local league"
Like the league would collapse without Glo sponsorship. Do these guys know what business sponsorship of sports mean? It's like they don't know how stuff works.
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by londoner: 11:29pm On Feb 02, 2010
Shesi, come on. Nigerian banks in Ghana 60% Ghanaian OWNED!!!

Please, they have to employ a certain percentage  Ghanaian staff, that is the regulation. Next you will be telling me that Barclays in Ghana is 60% Ghanaian owned too.

And you say Nigerians suffer from delusions of granduer. Talk about trying to get second hand glory, lol
When the assertion is that the banks are Nigerian, then you try to make it seem as if its significant. Now when you tell fibs about them being 60% Ghanaian owned, you use it to puff up your chest, lol

There are stipulations for majority foreign owned banks, but it means they must have a minimium equity of  60 million Ghana Cedis, how does that translate into being 60% Ghanaian owned, please tell me?

People who will say Glo is nothing, yet they dont even have their own equivelant in Ghana which is 100% Ghanaian owned? Lol.
If you are going to say something is insignificant at least have something better.

For the last time, can one of you provide the figures for FDI Ghana recieves from Nigeria ?
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by Gbawe: 11:57pm On Feb 02, 2010
Abrantie:

I said decent dressmaker mate i.e upmarket . Get it ? Everything has to be spelt out to you !!!!  The women who alerted me to this trend are several Ghanaian women who bemoaned the lack of varied and contemporary innovation in Ghanaian fashion !!! Keep lying to others and decieving yourself . It will get you nowhere. You hateful bunch in here should keep denying what other Ghanaians , who do not suffer from a complex, readily admit.

The example of Fashion is valid.  You clowns in here claim Nigerians are fraudsters , drug dealers, child traffickers, etc , etc yet they have a decent influence on Ghanaian lifestyle that is not reciprocated !!!! If I say Nigerian music is played in Ghanaian clubs , and in Africa , far more than Ghanaian music can hope to be you will come back to lie that your Cousin who is a DJ dispute what I am saying !!!yet, one of your foremost musical stars ,Kojo Antwi , has actually come out to publicly decry how Ghanaian DJ's play Nigerian music too much !!! I respect Kojo Antwi , as a good musician , but he should tell Ghanaians to up their game if he recognises that DJ's play music folks want !!!

Anyway Abrantie why should we believe anything you say when fabricating wild lies ,aimed at discrediting Nigerians, is your forte? Only a deluded person or a hater will lie that "majority of the Nigeran businesses in Ghana are fronts fro drug trafficking". Typical hypocrisy aimed at representing Ghanaians as angels and Nigerians as criminals !!! Do you guys want me to talk about the endemic drug trafficking in Ghana and how a whole ship full of cocaine dissapeared in police custody? Do you know the drug dealer Tagor and his high level police pal/s that facilitated this abracadabra?

http://allafrica.com/stories/200711290737.html

Accra — An Accra Fast Track High court yesterday sentenced Kwabena Amaning a.k.a Tagor and Alhaji Issah Abass to 30years imprisonment. They are each slapped with a sentence of 15years in prison with hard labour to run concurrently from the time of their arrest. The court handed down the sentence after one year of trial.

Abass, 54 and Tagor, 34 were arrested with several others for their involvement in the missing 76 parcels of cocaine on board the vessel MV Benjamin. Their arrest came after a secret tape recording exposed a meeting they held at the residence of the now interdicted Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP), Kofi Boakye. After the Presiding judge, Justice Victor Jones Dotse handed down the sentence; the court room became a scene of mourning as relatives and sympathizers of the two, mostly women wept uncontrollably.

By the way , do you know that Tagor and Abass have now been set free by your 'corruption free' judiciary?

Shall we talk about your parliamentarian who was arrested  in New York for drug trafficking:

http://www.ndc2008.com/pages/features/2008/npp_kuluulu.html

How can we so soon forget the disgraceful arrest and conviction of one of our own parliamentarians - Eric Amoateng of NPP - in New York for trafficking in illicit drugs? Amoateng's spectacular arrest defines, in a murky sense, the profundity of drug trafficking in the country and the danger it poses to our democracy. If Eric Amoateng, a drug baron, could get himself elected into our legislative body on the ticket of the ruling party, can we imagine the depth of influence of drug money in other essential institutions of state?

Or would you like to talk about the man who nearly became your President (Akufo Addo) and his drug dealing brother-in-law plus Akufo Addo's general 'failure' to prosecute arrested notorious drug dealers , who happened to be his NPP buddies, while he was AGF and Justice Minister?

http://www.ndc2008.com/pages/features/2008/npp_kuluulu.html

The non-prosecution of the drug case involving the arrest in February 2002 of Abena Oforiwaa, Comfort Akua Amankwah and Amma Nyarkoah, chairperson, organizer and treasurer, respectively, of the Dzorwulu branch of his New Patriotic Party. Why should this scandalous case simply vanish from the judicial radar? Looked at from another angle, can any commonsensical Ghanaian induce the world whether Eric Amoateng would have been investigated and prosecuted had he been arrested in Ghana? We don’t want to believe that the administration of criminal justice has been turned into a partisan political weapon where one is either prosecuted or not depending on his connection to the citadel of power. Standing up for justice does mean setting your political friends free for the most serious of crimes while pursuing your perceived or real political enemies! It is really chilling that a whole ex-attorney general and ex-foreign minister and one who is now aspiring to be our president could do not prosecute such a case nor is he prepared or willing to offer any public explanation for his conduct in this matter. Can we trust such an individual with such splendid state power as reposed in the Presidency? Unless of course, there was nothing to the arrest of those three NPP ladies!

ii. Why was the prosecution of Frank Benneh stopped while Nana Akuffo Addo was our Attorney General - a criminal prosecution mounted by the NDC government as a result of his alleged involvement in dealing in illegal drugs while serving the nation abroad?

iii. Were the narcotics-tainted assets of his brother-in-law, Mr Raymond Amankwah, - the same Raymond Amankwah now incarcerated abroad for allegedly dealing in illicit drugs - actually deconfiscated while Nana Akuffo Addo was our attorney general?

I guess it is clear from the above (and I can supply more) that Ghanaians dont even know how to spell drugs and it is Nigerians , disguised as Ghanaians, committing all the drug offences in Ghana !!!!
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by londoner: 12:08am On Feb 03, 2010
@Gbawe, seriously, when I went to Ghana they really do love Nigerian music, even though some of their hip life is actually quite good. You will not go anywhere and not hear Nigerian music,  people were paying the DJ extra to play "nwa baby", you cant go to a Ghanaian club without hearing Nigerian music , even gospel, they actually make songs in Igbo and Yoruba. They are quite influenced by Nigeria, even in their every day language.

Even though Ghanaians have their own pidgin, some will rather speak Naija pidgin and pronounce certain words with a Nigerian tongue, I found it flattering, but also quite wierd. You will never hear a Sierra Leonian speak pidgin in any other way but their own.

I have read the article you talked about and others whining about how come they dont play Ghanaian music in Nigeria. Yet, they love to form that Nigeria is too below them to enter into.

Seriously, Ghanians know their own people are involved in drug smuggling/419/Sakawa etc, they just like to form. They are already aware of the information you posted.
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by Gbawe: 12:13am On Feb 03, 2010
londoner:

Shesi, come on. Nigerian banks in Ghana 60% Ghanaian OWNED!!!

Please, they have to employ a certain percentage  Ghanaian staff, that is the regulation. Next you will be telling me that Barclays in Ghana is 60% Ghanaian owned too.

And you say Nigerians suffer from delusions of granduer. Talk about trying to get second hand glory, lol
When the assertion is that the banks are Nigerian, then you try to make it seem as if its significant. Now when you tell fibs about them being 60% Ghanaian owned, you use it to puff up your chest, lol

There are stipulations for majority foreign owned banks, but it means they must have a minimium equity of  60 million Ghana Cedis, how does that translate into being 60% Ghanaian owned, please tell me?

People who will say Glo is nothing, yet they dont even have their own equivelant in Ghana which is 100% Ghanaian owned? Lol.
If you are going to say something is insignificant at least have something better.

For the last time, can one of you provide the figures for FDI Ghana recieves from Nigeria ?

Don't be surprised to find that shesi knows this but prefers to lie in his attempt to decieve. He and Abrantie are factually decietful individuals who are ready to utter inane and logic-defying statements , plus outright lies, to support their warped reasoning . Even a child of two will wonder why a Nigerian bank will leave the shores of Nigeria to set up business in Ghana only for Ghanaians to own 60% when they did not contribute to the current status of said bank/s!!!! Ridiculous!!!  Just 'wishing'  60% ownership ( shocked shocked) of Nigerian banks on Ghanaians , merely because Nigerian banks desire a presence in Ghana , is something I did not think any Ghanaian capable of coming up with. Yet, the desperation of "bad belle" shows that it does not lend itslef to logic.  grin grin
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by shesi(m): 12:21am On Feb 03, 2010
londoner, don't argue over stuff you know completely nothing about. It makes you look silly. and YES, Barclays Bank Ghana PLC is majority owned by Ghanaians. 52% i believe. And that's because Barclays bank predates that regulation i'm talking about.

I can't name a ghanaian equivalent of Glo not because there is none but because i just don't know enough. I can't even tell you how many telecoms companies are there now. I left Ghana 15 years ago. and anytime i return i hear new names for telecom companies. I'm not even sure who bought who anymore.There was Kasapa, Spacefon, Areeba, many more names i can't even remember now. Vodafone recently acquired a majority share in Ghana Telecom. With the government of Ghana retaining a minorty share. But even the minority share of the Government of Ghana in the new Vodafone i'm sure represents more than Glo's market share. Don't forget Glo operates on GT (now Vodafones) infrastracture. Glo has no infrasture of their own in Ghana.Same goes for MTN and all the other cell phone operators in Ghana.The point is, there is more Ghanaian presence in our telecom industry than there is nigerian, or any other foreigners for that matter. Even if you don't see it on face value.  Sometimes the way you people argue, it's like you think you know my own country better than me. Laughable really.

So you see, when you guys make statements like that, we keep quiet not because you are right, but because it i don't have the energy, nor do i see the importance to prove you wrong.

And i don't have time to pull figures on Nigeria's FDI in Ghana.  What is the relevance of that? Can you tell me what Ghana's FDI into Nigeria is?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Nigeria 2 : 1 England : FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup (FULL TIME) / Nigeria's Duo Of Iwobi And Bassey Lead Fulham To Victory At Manchester / Fifa Under 17 Competition In South Korea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.