Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,302 members, 7,850,074 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 01:54 PM

Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] - Sports (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] (18299 Views)

Poll: Who Wins This Edition Of The Africa Nations Cup

Ghana: 24% (13 votes)
Egypt: 75% (40 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Egypt: African U23 Championship 2 - 2 On 2nd December. 2015 / Ghana Vs Egypt - World Cup Qualifier: (6 - 1) On Tuesday 15 October 2013 / U-20 World Cup Final: Ghana Wins Brazil [4 - 3] on Penalties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by Gbawe: 11:50pm On Feb 01, 2010
K4:

Londoner, did I hear you say Fashola is doing well? The last time I heard, the state house assembly was considering impeaching his for fraud and corruption. So, how does that help your argument?

and to you that means Fashola is guilty ? Many Nigerians are right when we say you Ghanaians are oblivious to what actually goes on in Nigeria or that you always misrepesent reality to suit your agenda of denigrating Nigerians.

The reality is that Fashola , as per his superb performance and refusal to make the Lagos treasury a free for all, is being witch-hunted by the same enemy of progress mentality that saw a Performing Nkrumah overthrown by myopic Ghanaians working to the instructions of the CIA. Those Ghanaians also stated that Nkrumah was a "grossly corrupt dictator" !!!  Yet this same "grossly corrupt dictator" built the dam that supplies most of Ghana's electricity to date !!!!  When Africa destroys its heroes and performers the result is the under-developement we see everywhere.
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by jona2: 11:54pm On Feb 01, 2010
[b]
NIGERIA ACCOUNTS FOR 60% OF GHANA FOREIGN INVESTMENT- GIPC

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:11 am    Post subject: NIGERIA ACCOUNTS FOR 60% OF GHANA FOREIGN INVESTMENT- GIPC   

Nigerian businesses account for about 60 percent of foreign investment in Ghana, aided by the enabling investment climate of the West African country.

Director, Marketing and Public Relations, Ghana Investment Promotion Centre (GIPC), Mr. Edward Ashong-Lartey, stated this last week, in Lagos, at a forum to announce the forthcoming 2010 International Business Events Management (IBEM) conference billed for Ghana in March.

GIPC is a one-stop government agency, in the office of the Ghanaian Presidency, that facilitates and supports local and foreign investors in both the manufacturing and services sectors of Ghana.

According to him, the level of Nigerian investment in Ghana is very high, especially with the entrance of communications giant, Globacom, along with some other companies, into the country, adding that the Ghanaian officials to discuss possible areas of further collaboration with Nigerian investors and the kind of incentives that will promote investment and business relations between both countries, ahead of the IBEM conference. Ashong-Lartey noted that the forthcoming event with the theme: “Investing and Growing Your Business in Ghana – Challenges and Opportunities”, is aimed at enabling investors both in Africa and other continents to harness the business opportunities that are abound in Ghana, adding that the interest on Nigeria is borne out of the fact that she has the experience in manpower and technical capacity that are believed would be relevant to Ghana to develop its nascent sectors, especially oil and gas. “Talk about the population, the land mass, abundant natural resources, technocrats and so on. Already, Nigeria is seriously playing active role in Ghana’s economy,” he stated.

He said that GIPC sees investment opportunities for Nigerians in agriculture and agro-processing; fish processing; sports, Leisure and Infrastructure; transport; infrastructure, power and tele-communications, among others.

“Government would harness the opportunity that abound in the discovery of and exploration of oil in the country to woo and encourage would-be investors. All expectations of investors are assured and would not be dashed,” he stated. The Ghanaian government official, however, acknowledged that the country was currently experiencing some challenges in the areas of security, high interest rates, bank charges and inadequate power generation (at 1,850-mega watts) that may discourage investors, but noted that the government was working seriously on ways to address the issues. He said, for instance, that about six foreign companies have indicated interest to use gas to produce energy with the hope of boosting the power supply before the end of 2010, adding that tax holidays were being considered for some sectors and tourists just to create conducive environment for investors in the country.

Targets participants for the forthcoming conference, according to Ashong-Lartey, include manufacturers in Europe, America, UK, Asia and Africa; local and foreign investors, chambers of commerce and industry, regional and multinational corporate bodies, oil and gas companies, banks and financial institutions.

http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=175510

[/b]
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by mamagee3(f): 11:55pm On Feb 01, 2010
My brother, your ranting is too long and basically not on point.
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by jona2: 12:02am On Feb 02, 2010
Ex President Kufour's described Ghanaians as lazy people.
http://www.isser.org/publications/older/Pro-poor%20growth%20in%20Ghana_McKay.pdf
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by Gbawe: 12:03am On Feb 02, 2010
mama-gee:

My brother, your ranting is too long and basically not on point.
and your own contribution is "on point"? Why don't you ignore the thread if you are one of those that gets a headache after reading one sentence ?
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by ayettymama(f): 12:11am On Feb 02, 2010
we have derailed (partially my fault and i apologize)

the bottom line stilL is we were thrashed by GHANA!!!!

ORI MI OOOOO
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by Gbawe: 12:27am On Feb 02, 2010
ayettymama:

we have derailed (partially my fault and i apologize)

the bottom line stilL is we were thrashed by GHANA!!!!
ORI MI OOOOO

No . Technically , this game is about Ghana V Egypt . Go back to the first page to see the incendiary crap from Shesi that will always makes most Nigerians respond in kind:

nigerians are bad belle people.

go to ghana and ask anybody.  whenever we are not in a competition and nigeria is, we ALWAYS root for nigeria. ALWAYS. I don't know about now but definately when i lived in ghana this was the case.

See as you are all hating on Ghana. Go Ahead. We don't need your support anyway.

we WILL win.

Who the fark is Egypt.  Football is played on the day between the two teams. Not by past merit. Otherwise, what basis would nigerians have had to be optimistic before the game against Ghana? how many times have you won the Nations cup? see my point?

He is also a liar when he claims that Ghanaians back Nigeria when not playing us. I was in Ghana during the recent U17 tournament there were shouts  of extreme joy from[b] several [/b] bars near where I was staying after the final whistle when Switzerand beat Nigeria !!!!! Some of us are only trying to expose the decietful agenda  and two-faced attitude of the Ghanaians who join Nairaland. Still , as they are being egged on and supported by self-hating Nigerians , I expect the likes of Shesi and Abrantie to be here a while insulting us .
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by ayettymama(f): 12:37am On Feb 02, 2010
lol oops my bad!

the bottom line has changed

egypt beat ghana cos they had a rubbish striker!!
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by Gbawe: 12:50am On Feb 02, 2010
ayettymama:

lol oops my bad!

the bottom line has changed

egypt beat ghana cos they had a rubbish striker!!

To be honest, I personally wanted Ghana to win but I only got involved with this thread because of the usual lies and 'snow white' pretensions of the Ghanaians on Nairaland. Most of them are not friends of Nigeria . They are here to rubbish us and some of us see through their scheme that is as transparent as an ashewo's blouse !!!
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by ayettymama(f): 12:56am On Feb 02, 2010
lol i was vouchin for ghana too

the game was dissapointing

cos they actually had potential

dont mind the ghanians they are talkin but not for long!

but west africa is goin wiv strong potential for the world cup

i simply cannot wait!
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by donugapi(m): 1:25am On Feb 02, 2010
Abeg make all dese Ghana bad belle people comot for here. If you have got a problem with Naija please do yourself a favor and jump off a bridge or better still get a gun to make it quicker. Mscheww!!
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by Bennyboy11: 1:41am On Feb 02, 2010
Gbawe:

This "bad belle" cannot be attributed to all Ghanaians. Many exposed Ghanaian women , for example, have not bought into the lies that Nigerians are the devil. This is why marraiges between Ghanaian women and Nigerian men are very common these days. Especially in the diaspora, where ignorance and xenophobia is minimal in the black society, many Ghanaian women are marrying Nigerian men far more than any other African men. These women have seen through the ruse to note that it is envy that drives many of the drivel against Nigerians.

The "bad belle" crew are mainly insecure Ghanaian men impotently envious of those more naturally talented than they are. I used to be miffed about the hate directed at Nigerians by Ghanaians but with experience of things on the ground in Ghana everything became clear. Ghanaians now go around bragging about being better governed than Nigerians because , in their hearts, they know that they do virtually nothing else better than Nigerians.

The private sector is the real indicator of a peoples drive,creativity, innovation, innate talent and natural brilliance. Please name one private sector endeavour that Ghanaians do better than Nigerians !!! Is it Music, movie making, banking, telecoms, manufacturing/innovation, fashion?

In fact the chain restuarant sector is a perfect example of the type of dearth of ambition and natural talent that make some Ghanaian men detest Nigerians !! In Ghana , there is not a single restaurant chain owned by a Ghanaian !! Yet Nigeria has two - Mr Biggs and Chicken Republic with TFC (tasty friend Chicken) planning to get on board soon. Other chains (Papaye, Frankies and on-the-run) are Lebanese owned !!!

That Nigerians can come and dominate them in their own "backyard" is something many Ghanaian men detest immensely. Instead of dealing with their own inadequacies they go around peddling hateful lies in trying to convert others to join their hate wagon - and sometimes they succeed given the many Ghanaians who talk negatively about Nigerians when they have never been in Nigeria or even know a single Nigerian !!!!

I no longer get mad at the rants of some Ghanaians. Through real life experience I now know that , other than the good governance thing, Ghanaian men are nowhere near Nigerian men as per natural dynamism ,efficacy and ambition. The jealous amongst them handle that fact with the hateful utterances we see everywheere while the decent Ghanaians strive to improve themselves. Anyone that knows Ghana and Ghanaians will know that successful Ghanaians hardly dislike Nigerians. In fact, they have Nigerian friends. It is the losers who play up. They should be ignored by Nigerians.

I am quite disappointed in you Gbawe because you are usually more objective than this but you have clearly sunk to the level of many of the generalising, ignorant and quite frankly misinformed individuals you get on here.

How a football topic has been turned into this Ghana vrs Nigeria Nonsense is beyond belief. During an event like the nations cup a Ghanaian should be able to post comments freely on a Nigerian forum like this and vice versa without any issues. Shame on anyone who has contributed to the unproductive turn this topic has taken.
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by Borat1: 3:36am On Feb 02, 2010
Nigerians stop being bad losers and accept the fact that you were beat fair and square!
Haba tongue
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by sage(m): 3:55am On Feb 02, 2010
@moosieh

you be fool, infact a complete slowpoke. You are probably a foreigner from the western hemisphere masquerading as a Nigerian. Its in the western hemisphere that you see foreigners making this dumb black=brother argument. You dont hear that type of crap in Nigeria. Just in case you dont know maybe you need to learn a few things

1. Africans dont differentiate based on "race". Any African country including the Northern ones have always been eligible to participate in the Nations cup.

2. Who told you all North African countries are Arab? You have no idea what you are talking about
"
3 If you are a westerner who is deluded into thinking you are African based on some skin color "brotherhood" well those North Africans are more African than you. They are just as African as Nigerians, Congolese etc and  a lot of them are indigenous to those areas of Africa.

4 In reality and biologically there is actually no "racial line" on the continent. Westerners  brought the idea of race to the continent. A sort of shared skin tone does not make one your brother. Sombody of a different skin tone might actually be mo
re of your brother

When Africans do things for themselves like the Nations Cup they include everybody in the continent. When Westerners come they diff based on perceived "racial lines" like MTV Subsaharan  and north Africa as middle east in MENA. The same goes with the news reporting although some are confused and include Morroco as African along with Nigeria, SA etc  but Egypt as middle East grin grin
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by sage(m): 5:16am On Feb 02, 2010
@londerner

Kudos. I just went through t thread and saw your responses to te guy.

Anyway back to the topic
Strong local league reflects in the Nations cup. Egypt where missing their stars and still won easy. Its a shame they are not in the world cup
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by K4: 8:48am On Feb 02, 2010
Jona, the stories you pasted were based on a story initially published by the Lagos-based Vanguard newspaper. Ghanaweb actually cut and pasted that story on its website while Konye Obaji Ori simply juggled up that Vanguard story a bit.

What do you expect from a Nigerian newspaper? They have long become an instrument for massaging the ego of Nigerians. I wasn’t surprised at all to read that piece of trash in the Vanguard. Guardian published something along that line but not as emphatic as Vanguard did.

Let me tell you a few home truths. Statistics released by the Ghana Investment Promotion Centre at the end of 2009 showed China and South Africa as the two leading source of investment in Ghana, not Nigeria. So tell me, how can Nigeria account for 60 percent of FDI in Ghana when Nigeria is not the leading source of FDI? You see the 419 Nigerians are known to peddle? Perhaps the Ghana News Agency story below will help you.
[size=8pt]
Ghana Investment Promotion Centre registers companies worth GH¢374.15m
[/size]

Despite the global economic crisis, which has slowed down the pace of global economic growth, the Ghana Investment Promotion Centre (GIPC) has made significant gains in the 2009 financial year.

The GIPC during the third quarter of this year registered a total of 81 new companies with a combined value of GH¢374.15 million compared to 83 new companies in the second quarter which were valued at GH¢156.34 million.
Mr. George Aboagye, Chief Executive of the GIPC, who announced this at an end-of-year press conference in Accra on Tuesday, said the figure for the third quarter represented a significant jump, inching closer to the country’s annual projected estimates of GH¢400 million which had not been realized in the previous years.

According to him, fifty out of the total 81 companies registered within the period were wholly-owned foreign enterprises and valued at GH¢134.96 million while the remaining 31 were joint ventures between Ghanaians and foreign partners valued at GH¢239.19 million.

He said the Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) component of the estimated value of the companies registered during the period under review was GH¢339.32 million.

On sources of the FDI, Mr. Aboagye said China was at the top recording the highest number of companies in the country but South Africa topped the list of countries with the largest value of investments within the period.
He said the figures in terms of the value and number of companies registered within period indicated that more Ghanaians were investing especially, through joint partnerships.

Mr. Aboagye said taking over as the Chief Executive of the GIPC since May this year, he had transformed the Centre and had adopted three core values towards dealing with the investment community.

He mentioned the values as respect, tolerance and service, which, he said, had revived the hope and belief in the country’s investment climate culminating in the significant gains made within the period.
He said to end the agitations between locals and foreigners within the country’s trade sector, the GIPC earlier this year, inaugurated a National Task Force to monitor the activities of foreigners to ensure that Ghana’s investment regulations were respected and complied with.

Mr. Aboagye said the National Task Force had been working effectively resulting in the foreigners regularizing their operations, a situation which had stemmed the agitations of the Ghanaian traders.
He also spoke about the centre’s organization of the Ghana Investment Forum and the 2009 Ghana Club 100, which saw the introduction of the best listed company on the stock market.

Mr. Aboagye also announced the relocation of the GIPC to its original offices within the Public Services Commission building in the Ministries area in Accra.

He said the relocation was to ensure proximity to all major Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDA) that worked closely with the GIPC as well as to deliver improved services to its clientele.

He reiterated the Centre’s commitment to position Ghana as the preferred place for doing business in Africa.
Meanwhile, the GIPC will release the figures for the last quarter in January but the Chief Executive says the Centre has already registered close to 80 companies for the period.

Source: GNA

[url=http://ghanabusinessnews.com/2009/12/30/ghana-investment-promotion-centre-registers-companies-worth-gh%C2%A2374-15m/] http://ghanabusinessnews.com/2009/12/30/ghana-investment-promotion-centre-registers-companies-worth-gh%C2%A2374-15m/[/url]
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by Gbawe: 10:29am On Feb 02, 2010
Bennyboy11:

I am quite disappointed in you Gbawe because you are usually more objective than this but you have clearly sunk to the level of many of the generalising, ignorant and quite frankly misinformed individuals you get on here.

and you think I care? When I post on these types of thread , it is always reactionary i.e I contribute after your uncouth brethren have been speaking ungraciously about Nigerians on a Nigeria forum. I have never seen you calling them to order. Shesi , on the very first page of his thread, called Nigerians "bad belle" people. He attempted to back up this ridiculous statement with a preposterous lie about how Ghanaians back Nigerians and not the other way round. Do you expect me to say nothing when I know the truth from first hand experience in Ghana i.e Ghanaians are guility of bad belle also !!! 

Martass followed this up by saying "Nigerian have a bad attitude". Others too contributed their crap and you said nothing. That is what pisses me off.  Nigerians are savaged by Ghanaians regularly and so called good Ghanaians like you never tell them off. As a result most Ghanaian websites are an unpalatable disgrace because of the unclothed ignorance and hate on display that is unchallenged . On this thread, a poster made derogatory statements about Ghanaians and he was castigated into silence by all of us .

As per generalising with others, go back and read my posts and you will see I write "most" Ghanaian ,  "some" Ghanaian , "insecure" Ghanaians , etc . Get my drift? Even in the post you quote, this stands out: "The "bad belle" crew are mainly insecure Ghanaian men impotently envious of those more naturally talented than they are" In any case , if you are objective , try and step back to see how ugly, ignorant and hateful some of your fellowmen can be.

How a football topic has been turned into this Ghana vrs Nigeria Nonsense is beyond belief.

Go back to the start and you will see that the mischief of the thread starter is clear . The intention was to goad folks. What is the point of taking a poll of Nigerians who want Ghana to win ? After that the thread broke down with Shesi's "bad belle" rant. There was no need for that. This is a Nigerian forum for god sake !!!!
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by Nobody: 10:38am On Feb 02, 2010
ghanians can go to hell (that is if they aren't in hell already) for all i care, They are the greatest haters i've ever seen. All they cling on against us is our corruption. what are ghanians doing here anyway if they are again to hijack us.

God bless Nigeria. wink
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by Gbawe: 11:18am On Feb 02, 2010
Denitro wrote:

I totally agree, I live in Ghana and your sports analyst on national TV - TV3, Metro Tv are always biased in their opinions when Nigeria is being discussed, when Nigeria lost the under 17 final,  I was in a barbering saloon when a man ran in, sweating, he told everyone in the saloon how he was happy Nigeria lost, and said - Anything Ghana does, Nigeria wants to copy.
I don't use this man as a yard stick on judge Ghanaians, I have many Ghanaian friends, but everyone knows that Ghanaians feel a certain complex when it comes to Nigeria and don't hide their criticism of Nigerians when given the opportunity.

I somewhat agree . I was in Ghana too at the time . Did you not hear the disgusting , ungaurded and unbelievably unproffessional  utterances of one of the Ghanaian commentators on the match ? The man stated , on TV for the entire world to hear , that it was better the Swiss lads won because of the "unspoken truth everyone knows about the age of the Nigerian players" !!!!! I was totally shocked !!! Have some Ghanaians now sunk so low to the extent that a proffessional Sports commentator , who must remain neutral and unbiased, now throws decorum to the wind in  backing Switzerland while accusing Nigeria ,on a public forum , of what Ghanaians are guilty of as well? Talk about punching below the belt !!!! This same guy said no such thing when Ghana's under 20 defeated Brazil to lift the World trophy !!! Totally shameful hypocrisy ala Shesi and co !!!
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by moosieh: 12:26pm On Feb 02, 2010
sage, i post what i post b/c this bicker and banter among Ghanians and Nigerians is petty in the grand scheme of things.
at the end of the day, its an embarrassment that an arab nation wins the African cup of nations. To add insult to injury, 3X in a row.
nobody is talking about THAT.

you might not think its an embarrasment but it IS. You can spew insults till you're blue in the face, it doesn't change the humiliation.
unfortunately, the school system is shyte here in Naija. they don't teach HISTORY cuz its obvious u don't know yours or that of the continent either.

the arab people of egypt are NOT indigenous egyptians (I can say I'm not surprised you DON"T KNOW THIS).  The modern day arabs of north Africa are recent arrivals from the ME, some 1000 yrs ago. The indigenous people of North Africa before the Islamicization were the Dinkas, Nubians and Berbers. The Arabs came later spreading Islam "by the sword" and they continue to do so today. They continue to practice slavery in countries like Chad, Mali and Mauritania and pummel, rape, kill and plunder in countries like the Sudan. I think you know all of this, but google it up for yourself anyway,

I could go on and on about the brutal Arab slave trade which is nothing compared to the Middle Passage, as it STILL GOES ON TODAY. About the continued genocide of Black Africans by arabs. About the "Islamicizaion" or Arab imperialism, forced religion, culture, language on the indigenous African groups. About the continued seizure of land once owned by Black Africans,

But again this thread is about us celebrating the pharaohs (who weren't arabs btw grin) victory in winning the AFRICA CUP OF NATIONS, right? And how they "deserved" to win cuz they were the best team And how Ghanaians are lazy and Nigerians are hustlers. No one wants to discuss what's NOT being discussed,
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by Gbawe: 1:06pm On Feb 02, 2010
moosieh:

No one wants to discuss what's NOT being discussed,

So what is "NOT being discussed"? You want us to agree with you that "at the end of the day, its an embarrassment that an arab nation wins the African cup of nations" when Egypt is an African nation also !!!! Incredible !!!! Even as I have experienced prejudice many times , I try to shun it myself and for that reason I will never agree with you that the Egyptians are less deserving of this trophy since that would imply that they are less African than Ghanaians. surely you can denote the latent bigotry and bias in your own writing?

Would you be happy if we all unite in hate against the Egyptian because they are "Arabs"? By the same token, it would be fine for a caucasian British man to view himself as 'more British' than a black British person even when that black person has known no other nation but England his entire life !!! You think you can unite two African countries (Ghana and Nigeria) by encouraging animosity towards another African country (Egypt)?
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by londoner: 1:13pm On Feb 02, 2010
@K4, has any corruption by Fashola been proved? Have they impeached him?

Both Kuffour and Rawlings  have been accused of corruption and bribery have they not?

So does that mean they have done nothing for Ghana.

Ask most Lagosians they will tell you that they are seeing positive change under fashola. Why not research what he has achieved and put into place?

I was happy when I heard that the head of Ghana's elctoral commison along with those of the Uk and South Africa will be assisting Nigeria on the next election. We know those countries have set a good example which we want to learn from. We are able to put petty xenophobias and bias aside.

Something which the average Ghanaian struggles to do. It doesn't matter how much you go on, or which arguements you make, The simple fact is that your problem with the companies mentioned, or  even Fashola is based on one thing, that they are Nigerian. There is no other piece of information which is spurring your stance.
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by londoner: 1:20pm On Feb 02, 2010
@Moosieh, are you saying that Egypt should not be allowed to enter the nations cup, because they are "Arab"?

I asked you your origin or where you reside because I recognise too well, the western Black mentality of making an enemy of anyone who is fully, or partially Arab or White.

What about the Black Egyptians, dont they deserve to have their nation represented at the nations cup?

@K4, can you provide the real FDI which Ghana recieves from Nigeria, since the above you say is false?
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by K4: 1:47pm On Feb 02, 2010
londoner. when someone posts a story from a Nigerian newspaper saying Nigeria contributes 60% of all FDIs in Ghana, and the Ghana Investment Promotion Council says China is the leading source of FDIs in Ghana with South Africa being the second major source of FDI, do I need to talk about the volume or level of FDI coming from Nigeria? What is obvious from the GIPC is that Nigeria is NOT the leading source of FDI in Ghana.To me that is the crux of the matter,huh. You cannot contribute 60% when you are not the leading contributor. Simple logic,huh?

Now you can see how Nigerians peddle falsehoods to massage their Zuma-rock sized ego?
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by Gbawe: 1:54pm On Feb 02, 2010
K4:

londoner. when someone posts a story from a Nigerian newspaper saying Nigeria contributes 60% of all FDIs in Ghana, and the Ghana Investment Promotion Council says China is the leading source of FDIs in Ghana with South Africa being the second major source of FDI, do I need to talk about the volume or level of FDI coming from Nigeria? What is obvious from the GIPC is that Nigeria is NOT the leading source of FDI in Ghana.To me that is the crux of the matter,huh. You cannot contribute 60% when you are not the leading contributor. Simple logic,huh?

Now you can see how Nigerians peddle falsehoods to massage their Zuma-rock sized ego?

and you are sure Nigerians are the only ones who "peddle falsehood" ?
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by londoner: 2:02pm On Feb 02, 2010
@K4, I clearly asked you provide the REAL FDI which Ghana recieves from Nigeria. This is about the forth time I am asking for it on this thread. Even before the article was posted.

Just provide the factual FDI then, whats the big deal?
I suspect you dont want to provide it, because it may not be  as insignificant as you may wish it to be.
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by moosieh: 2:31pm On Feb 02, 2010
gbawe you can form your own conclusions from my posts
I can't force you to agree or not agree on anything
I'm only posting the ugly truth when it comes to arabs in Africa and how they came to be here
Its obvious many don't know (or don't want to know) this truth, the brutal destruction and genocide of Africans by committed by arabs TO THIS VERY DAY.

I wonder if they did know or aknowledge this truth, would they (or you?) be so nonchalant about egypt and their victory in AFCON
For the record, I'm all for egypt (and the rest of 'em) to participate in the gulf cup of nations. they DO have their own cup
THEY ARE NOT AFRICAN NOR DO THEY CONSIDER THEMSELVES SUCH
The vast majority of north africans are racially caucasian, ethnically arab, religiously muslim, but LIVE in Africa.
This does NOT make them African, gentlemen. They might tell you otherwise, but this is their worldview, which they emphatically embrace.
Why can't you?

There's no denying that Ghanians and Nigerians are Africans. Egyptians ARE NOT. Sorry to burst your bubble, but they ain't

I'm not condoning hate nor bigotry. And I'm not inciting Africans to (violently) raise up against the arabs. I'm a Christian. But I have what's lacking in so many spineless African throughout the diaspora. And that's PRIDE. I know WHO and WHOSE I am. And I don't have the wool pulled over my eyes. Unfortunately many Blacks (African or otherwise) do. Since independence, Egypt, Morrocco, Libya, Tunisia even Sudan pledged support to the Arab League and not Pan Africanism. A decision which has not since been reversed. Pan-Africanism and Pan-Arabism oppose each other to the effect that North Africans (arabs) have committed one atrocity after another against Blacks in their own native country. Look at the:

* Apartheid & black slavery in Mauritania TODAY
   * Colorism and Arab enslavement of blacks in Sudan TODAY
   * Ethnic cleansing of Nubians in Egypt and Sudan TODAY
   * The centuries-old Arab quest for Lebensraum [living space] in Africa

There is no country where Blacks living under arab rule are living a life of relative peace and comfort. Even if they have been "islamicized". If they are, they're likely sellout rulers/politicians pandering to the arab agenda.

Sorry, but knowing what I know about north africa's arabs, their systematic and overtly racist, oppressive and barbaric maltreatment towards the indigenous Black populations of North Africa causes me to shake my head when I see the responses of people on this board.
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by moosieh: 2:43pm On Feb 02, 2010
londoner, if i had my way, egypt wouldn't be in AFCON
not b/c they're arab, but b/c they are systematically killing Africans
they continue to enslave them
they continue to r@pe them
they continue to steal their land

They continue to commit GENOCIDE against Black Africans. They don't do all this to their fellow arabs, but against Black Africans. You'll never see a man from the Taureg enslaving an arab. Yet somehow they still reap the benefits of being classified "African" (like participating and winning AFCON) when it suites them.

Where's the outrage?

Egypt (and 'nem) should participate in the gulf cup. But of course, that's wishful thinking on my part
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by Abrantie: 2:47pm On Feb 02, 2010
Ok, Nigeria is our saviour. Ghana is nothing without your investments. Are you happy now? or did I forget to add "giant of Africa" somewhere?

One last thing. While you're all busy running to Ghana to save our economy, can you just please fix your roads first? IDIOTS!
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by londoner: 2:58pm On Feb 02, 2010
@Abrantie, why the emotional outburst? I am simply asking for facts, why wont you provide them ?

Either we are contributing to Ghana or we are not. What is the FDI which Ghana recieves from Nigeria ?

Simple question,  Whenever you are asked for facts, you immediately seem to deliberately go off on a tangent.
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by morpheus24: 3:15pm On Feb 02, 2010
moosieh:

I'm only posting the ugly truth when it comes to arabs in Africa and how they came to be here
Its obvious many don't know (or don't want to know) this truth, the brutal destruction and genocide of Africans by committed by arabs TO THIS VERY DAY.
Mr Moosieh

Not all North Africans are Arabs. You should know that the Arabs did not replace the existing population as many are made to believe. They are the elite rulling class but not the majority.

Most North African countries acknowledge their Berber, Nubian and Carthagianian ancestry. Their ancestors have been here Long enough to be considered African and they carrry ancient African DNA markers whcih can be diferentiated from Arabs outside of the the continent. They are Arabized in culture.

moosieh:

[b]THEY ARE NOT AFRICAN NOR DO THEY CONSIDER THEMSELVES SUCH[/b]The vast majority of north africans are racially caucasian, ethnically arab, religiously muslim, but LIVE in Africa.
This does NOT make them African, gentlemen. They might tell you otherwise, but this is their worldview, which they emphatically embrace.
Why can't you?

African is a generic term used to descrie people originating in a geographic area. Arab is an ethnicity. There are Arabs who are African.

If I am worng then Then maybe you should enlighten us on what it is to be African. Please answer that question for me.

moosieh:

There's no denying that Ghanians and Nigerians are Africans. Egyptians ARE NOT. Sorry to burst your bubble, but they ain't
What makes a Nigerian and a Ghanian African but not an egyptian. I Please enlighten us o wise one.

moosieh:

Since independence, Egypt, Morrocco, Libya, Tunisia even Sudan pledged support to the Arab League and not Pan Africanism. A decision which has not since been reversed. Pan-Africanism and Pan-Arabism oppose each other to the effect that North Africans (arabs) have committed one atrocity after another against Blacks in their own native country. Look at the:

* Apartheid & black slavery in Mauritania TODAY
    * Colorism and Arab enslavement of blacks in Sudan TODAY
    * Ethnic cleansing of Nubians in Egypt and Sudan TODAY
    * The centuries-old Arab quest for Lebensraum [living space] in Africa

There is no country where Blacks living under arab rule are living a life of relative peace and comfort. Even if they have been "islamicized". If they are, they're likely sellout rulers/politicians pandering to the arab agenda.

Sorry, but knowing what I know about north africa's arabs, their systematic and overtly racist, oppressive and barbaric maltreatment towards the indigenous Black populations of North Africa causes me to shake my head when I see the responses of people on this board.

Like your country doesn't have problems btw ethnic groups even though they are all black. Please!!
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by londoner: 3:27pm On Feb 02, 2010
@Mooseih,  Morpheus is right, we have ethnic killings and religious killings in Nigeria between people are considered both Black and African. What about conflict elsewhere in Africa whether its Sierra Leone, Angola, Congo, Ivory Coast or Rwanda of the past?

Is it that different just because the people doing the killing are also Black? I know where you are coming from, but I dont think its any reason for Egypt to be stopped from partcipating in CAF, especially since you did not mention any of those genocides or slavery crimes against EGYPT themselves , but other Arab nations.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Nigeria 2 : 1 England : FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup (FULL TIME) / Nigeria's Duo Of Iwobi And Bassey Lead Fulham To Victory At Manchester / Fifa Under 17 Competition In South Korea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.