Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,440 members, 7,850,541 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:46 AM

Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] (18313 Views)

Poll: Who Wins This Edition Of The Africa Nations Cup

Ghana: 24% (13 votes)
Egypt: 75% (40 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Egypt: African U23 Championship 2 - 2 On 2nd December. 2015 / Ghana Vs Egypt - World Cup Qualifier: (6 - 1) On Tuesday 15 October 2013 / U-20 World Cup Final: Ghana Wins Brazil [4 - 3] on Penalties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by Gbawe: 7:51pm On Feb 01, 2010
londoner:

@Ayettymama, Kofi Annan? He was never in government in Ghana, lol

Abi OOO. I did not bother to respond to her when I read this :

they have succesfully beat nigeria at everything

The above is why I contribute to these Ghana-Nigeria thread . It is disgusting to see outright misinformation of reality facilitated by insecure and deceitful Ghanaians abetted by Nigerians who see/say nothing good about Nigeria .

How can any sane person say "they have succesfully beat nigeria at everything" when it is Nigerian music all African clubs , including those in Ghana, are jamming?

How about Nollywood? Have the Ghanaians beaten Nigerians at banking , industry and manufacturing also ? I could have sworn that even Indomie noodles , now consumed as a staple in Ghana , is Nigerian !!! Is it a Ghanaian that owns "the fastest growing telecom company in Africa"? The reality is that , other than Govenment activity,  Ghanaians seldom do better than Nigerians in areas where initiative and natural talent matter.

Why the outright, childish and ridiculous lies ?  I can only conclude that some Ghanaians are so desperate to prove they are superior to Nigerians to the extent that they are willing to lie preposterously and some Nigerians , because they hate themselves, are prepared to indulge them rather than tell them the truth!!!
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by K4: 8:05pm On Feb 01, 2010
@Bandit C.  The gullibility of some Nigerians is simply amazing. You’ve clearly shown yourself to be nothing but a , ass.

Now let me tell you a few home truths. The GDP of a country is measured by the totality of wealth generated within that nation space. We all know virtually nothing is produced in Nigeria these days. Who dash them common electricity? As a matter of fact, virtually every single item used in Nigeria is imported, including toothpicks. And that is why you see all those ships lined up at Apapa and Tin Can ports for weeks waiting to berth.And that is why most companies are moving to Ghana.

The only phenomenon keeping Nigeria afloat at this time is oil industry, which is dominated by Western firms. I wonder what happened to the groundnuts pyramids in Kano, the oil palm plantations in Yorubaland and the former Midwest? Thanks to oil, Nigerians don’t have to do anything-all they do is to gather in Abuja every month to collect their allocation from the federation account. Now, revenue from oil is huge factor in computing Nigeria’s GDP. I am sure you will not dispute that. By the way do you know Nigeria has made as much from oil as the United Arab Emirate? 

Regrettably, the fact that Nigerian earns billions of dollars annually in oil revenue tells only a small part of the story. The real story is that very few privileged Nigerians are the only ones enjoying the oil wealth. How else can you explain that fact that 90% of Nigerians survive on less than $2 a day? How can you explain the fact that with your so-called enormous GDP, unemployment is officially 80%? How else do you explain the fact that erosion is decimating the entire southeast? How do you explain the crumbling infrastructure? How do you explain the fact that students these days are either love-peddlers or armed robbers/cultists? How is that PHCN hardly provides electricity despite all of Nigeria’s “wealth”?

On paper, Nigeria it may appear Nigeria has “a huge GDP” but in reality the oil money ends up in the pockets of a few Nigerians and their foreign collaborators. So stop all the nonsense about GDP. It is about how you manage your resources, which Ghana has done a terrific job with. Why do you think hundreds of Nigerians are moving to Ghana these days? I think there are about 60 or so flights between Lagos and Accra.ABC transports and others are also doing brisk business.

You can say all you want, but the people will always vote with their feet. They will go to the country where they think living conditions are better and where things work. And that is exactly what is happening.
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by deor03(m): 8:10pm On Feb 01, 2010
Politicians angry angry angry angry
[size=18pt]Can we just talk sports?[/size]
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by ayettymama(f): 8:14pm On Feb 01, 2010
londoner:

@Ayettymama, Kofi Annan? He was never in government in Ghana, lol

Inno that i was reiterating that ghanaians have gone far and done well
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by jona2: 8:28pm On Feb 01, 2010
K4:

@Bandit C.  The gullibility of some Nigerians is simply amazing. You’ve clearly shown yourself to be nothing but a , backside.

Now let me tell you a few home truths. The GDP of a country is measured by the totality of wealth generated within that nation space. We all know virtually nothing is produced in Nigeria these days. Who dash them common electricity? As a matter of fact, virtually every single item used in Nigeria is imported, including toothpicks. And that is why you see all those ships lined up at Apapa and Tin Can ports for weeks waiting to berth.And that is why most companies are moving to Ghana.

The only phenomenon keeping Nigeria afloat at this time is oil industry, which is dominated by Western firms. I wonder what happened to the groundnuts pyramids in Kano, the oil palm plantations in Yorubaland and the former Midwest? Thanks to oil, Nigerians don’t have to do anything-all they do is to gather in Abuja every month to collect their allocation from the federation account. Now, revenue from oil is huge factor in computing Nigeria’s GDP. I am sure you will not dispute that. By the way do you know Nigeria has made as much from oil as the United Arab Emirate? 

Regrettably, the fact that Nigerian earns billions of dollars annually in oil revenue tells only a small part of the story. The real story is that very few privileged Nigerians are the only ones enjoying the oil wealth. How else can you explain that fact that 90% of Nigerians survive on less than $2 a day? How can you explain the fact that with your so-called enormous GDP, unemployment is officially 80%? How else do you explain the fact that erosion is decimating the entire southeast? How do you explain the crumbling infrastructure? How do you explain the fact that students these days are either love-peddlers or armed robbers/cultists? How is that PHCN hardly provides electricity despite all of Nigeria’s “wealth”?

On paper, Nigeria it may appear Nigeria has “a huge GDP” but in reality the oil money ends up in the pockets of a few Nigerians and their foreign collaborators. So stop all the nonsense about GDP. It is about how you manage your resources, which Ghana has done a terrific job with. Why do you think hundreds of Nigerians are moving to Ghana these days? I think there are about 60 or so flights between Lagos and Accra.ABC transports and others are also doing brisk business.

You can say all you want, but the people will always vote with their feet. They will go to the country where they think living conditions are better and where things work. And that is exactly what is happening.

;ghana must go.ghana man get a life.
cediland,
http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=175984
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by MrCrackles(m): 8:29pm On Feb 01, 2010
^ ^ ^ Are you insane
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by londoner: 8:47pm On Feb 01, 2010
@Ayettemama, well, by that same thinking where would you place someone like Ngozi Okonjo- Iweala ?

Even though the Nigerian government is failing, there are state governors who are doing extremely well, like Fashola and Duke before him. We shouldn't let the achievements of these people be forgotten. I doubt if there is a statesman in Ghana doing half as much as Fashola, under whose care lies a population similiar to that of Ghana.

@K4, yes Nigerian oil is dominated by western firms and so will yours be, so your point is? Ghanaians are heading for some of the same mistakes by just waiting for their oil "windfall", when it starts to flow we will see what people are really made of.
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by Gbawe: 8:55pm On Feb 01, 2010
ayettymama:

Inno that i was reiterating that ghanaians have gone far and done well

This is another silly myth , based on misinformation , that needs to be dispelled. Ghana is proving to be a leader in democratic Governance recently but other than that there is nothing Ghanaians are exemplary at. Go to Ghana today and you will find it is an 'African' Monaco i.e a playground for the rich with ridiculous inflation borne by some of the poorest folks in the World yet some Ghanaians want to pretend as if they are now a model nation in every aspect. The rich might be having fun in Ghana , similar to Monaco , but life is nothing to write home about for the average Ghanaian.

Ghana has had good governance for a while (9 years) yet reduction of poverty remains painfully slow while inflation continues to climb to the extent that Accra is now more expensive , in some aspects, to live in than London!!!!

How can SMA baby milk cost £18 pounds in poverty-ridden Ghana when the same milk cost £7.20 in the UK where even the unemployed can afford it ? How can baby pampers nappy that cost £5.50 in the UK cost £35 in Ghana? If anyone thinks I am  telling a lie please visit the total filling station on the Spintex road in Accra !!! Yet some ignorant folks who have never been to Nigeria want to pretend Ghana is now a Paradise and Nigeria is a "hellhole" .

Granted , Ghana is democratic, peaceful and secure but those who wish to then infer it is now a Paradise are deluded. They should visit Ghana to see runaway inflation and living cost that is way higher than what is being experienced in Nigeria and most West African Countries.

Nigerians should disregard most of the Ghanaians on this site. They are mischief makers who prefer to decieve as long as that deception makes them feel better than Nigerians. One would think Ghanaians would be heading home at a pivotal time in their history (discovery of oil) yet go to upmarket residential developments in Accra and you will see many nice homes empty. Ask about this and you will be told "the owner is outside (abroad) " !!!! Next minute these same Ghanaians ,too focused on their diasporan lives to come back and gain control of what belongs to them,  are lamenting the "Nigerian incursion" !!!!

Nigerian are moving to Ghana because they see a people who , for whatever reasons , prefer to shun opportunities under their noses.
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by Abrantie: 9:20pm On Feb 01, 2010
Gbawe,

SAT-3/WASC or South Atlantic 3/West Africa Submarine Cable has been around for years now. It runs from South Africa, through Ghana (a few miles out in the Gulf of Guinea) to Portugal! Sorry Mate, I think Glo is merely tapping into this fiber to extend it to Nigeria. Ghana Telecom (now Vodafone) has already brought it on land and sells access to telcos in the country. That's why operators like Zain, MTN and Vodafone themselves can offer high speed, non-satellite based internet connectivity in parts of Ghana (mostly Accra). In time, fiber lines will reach other parts of the country for better accessibility.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SAT-3/WASC_(cable_system)

Edit: As a matter of fact, this cable has a landing point in Lagos, so I'm not sure what Glo is doing.
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by londoner: 9:28pm On Feb 01, 2010
@Abrantie, I dont think you read the link I posted about the GLO 1 cable. It goes from the UK to Nigeria through Spain and Portugal etc. Its like you really are trying to kick against the idea that a Nigerian company is doing anything new or of benefit, lol

Glo Mobile Ghana is set to change the face of communication in Ghana as it engages ZTE, a highly-rated international telecoms vendor, to deploy additional access network infrastructure including hundreds of indoor and outdoor Basic Trans-receiver Stations (BTS) for its imminent roll-out.

The Ghana access network ZTE is deploying for Glo is in addition to those being installed for Glo Ghana by other reputable equipment vendors. In addition to the BTS, the ZTE deployment also includes many Base Switching Centres (BSCs), 3G NodeBs, RNCs, PDH MW links, EDGE and HSPA, OMCs, planning and optimization tools. ZTE will also install for Glo the Accra metro fibre backbone configuration spanning Accra-Kumasi-Tokaradi, Accra-Ho, Kumasi-Suyani, and Kumasi-Tamale. Other cities and roads to be covered by Globacom in its strategic partnership with ZTE in the Ghana telecoms revolution are in the Brong-Ahafo region.

A statement by Globacom's Executive Director (Special Projects), Mr. Mike Jituboh, said the microwave transmission extension Glo was deploying would ensure voice and data clarity and eliminate bottlenecks usually encountered with pre-expansion technology. The new network elements with multi-media components will be linked to the Glo 1 submarine Optic Fibre Cable thereby providing a golden opportunity for Ghanaians to establish private call centre operations with attendant economic benefits to the people.

The Glo 1 submarine cable will have landing stations in London, New York, Lisbon and major cities in 16 other African countries including Accra, Dakar and Lagos. The Glo 1 submarine cable will land in Ghana shortly. Globacom and ZTE representatives are optimistic that the deployment of these facilities and provision of additional platforms will give communication in the West African country a significant boost
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by kawazaki(m): 9:32pm On Feb 01, 2010

Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by londoner: 9:35pm On Feb 01, 2010
^^^ They will still come and say "so because you laid a few cables its supposed to be something", lol
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by Abrantie: 9:39pm On Feb 01, 2010
This means, GLO-1 is redundant for both countries. Ghana doesn't need GLO-1, and I'm sure Nigeria doesn't need it either.It's being done merely for bragging rights and as if a Nigeria company is bringing fiber connection to the cave people of Ghana. Why don't you use the money to help alleviate Nigeria's power problems? How about a private power company to compete with NEPA? Hello!
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by Gbawe: 9:44pm On Feb 01, 2010
londoner:

^^^ They will still come and say "so because you laid a few cables its supposed to be something", lol

Abi OOO !! Even as I am not foolish enough to think that all Ghanaians are like those on Nairaland ,it is still disconcerting to see so many people from one nation united in bad belle to the extent that they blatantly pretend A is B !!!!
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by kawazaki(m): 9:45pm On Feb 01, 2010
Abrantie:

This means, GLO-1 is redundant for both countries. Ghana doesn't need GLO-1, and I'm sure Nigeria doesn't need it either.It's being done merely for bragging rights and as if a Nigeria company is bringing fiber connection to the cave people of Ghana. Why don't you use the money to help alleviate Nigeria's power problems? How about a private power company to compete with NEPA? Hello!
shocked shocked shocked

Charlie,  you are joking right?

UAE has between 5-7 submarine cables shocked.  How can you ever say YOU DON'T NEED transmission capabilities? angry angry  Where are you from?
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by Nobody: 9:45pm On Feb 01, 2010
K4:

@Bandit C.  The gullibility of some Nigerians is simply amazing. You’ve clearly shown yourself to be nothing but a , backside.

Lol, this one is talking about gullibility. I do not want to go there with you, your posts say all. Anyway, all your rants do not remove the fact that an average Nigerian is much richer than an average Ghanian because his or her per capita is higher than that of a Ghanian. That's an economic fact and all your tantrum won't change that.

Hell, Ghana has not even been counted as a prospective industrialised nation. You guys are just too lazy to think out anything on your own and only depend on your Government and Aids from foreign Countries you obtain through a55 licking. Your private sector is a joke, with 60 percent of your Banks being Nigerian owned and you Roaches wanna talk about hard work with Nigerians, lol.

I 'll repeat myself, Nigerians in Ghana are only there to exploit your measely peanut of a brain. Do not blame them, blame the dexterity in them, lol.

Envy is a degree and i see many Ghanians bagging first class.

Nigerians barely give a sh1t about Ghana and their minor achievements, it pales in comparison to what an average Nigerian achieves on his own, without having foreign countries balls all in their mouth.

I do not know about others but i as a Nigerian do not give two f*cks about Ghana and do not think i ll ever do since they provide nothing to me other than back-stabbing and jealousy.
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by londoner: 9:50pm On Feb 01, 2010
Lol, Abrantie, ever heard of Seven Energy? Or African Finance Corporation?

Lagos 12 January, 2010—

The Africa Finance Corporation (AFC) has made an equity investment of $20 million in Seven Energy, an i[b]ndigenous[/b] oil and gas exploration and production firm focused on the monetisation of Nigeria’s discovered but undeveloped gas reserves. The funds are part of a $200 million equity and debt raise by Seven Energy, and will be used for the development of reserves in the rich oil and gas-producing region of Nigeria. This unique transaction is geared towards the domestic use of gas, including power generation and supply to captive industrial clusters.

“The Nigerian gas and midstream sector has largely been undeveloped due to the lack of significant capital necessary to develop the requisite infrastructure,” says AFC President and Chief Executive Officer Andrew Alli. “Seven Energy is playing a critical pioneering role in developing this sector, in keeping with the Nigerian government’s strategy under the Gas Master Plan. The company’s operations are expected to have a significant and positive effect on other key sectors of the Nigerian economy such as power. AFC is pleased to support this effort with the equity investment we are making in the company.”

Seven Energy Chairman Phillip Ihenacho welcomed the collaboration with AFC. “The gas supply demand imbalance in Nigeria is significant and presents an enormous challenge. As a majority Nigerian-owned company, Seven Energy is committed to addressing this imbalance and to helping the country reap the benefits of its huge gas reserves.”

Seven Energy is expected to commence gas production in 2011 and has already committed gas to industrial clients in the Akwa Ibom area. Other international investors in Seven Energy include Investec Private Equity, Capital International, Actis and Standard Chartered Private Equity.
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by Gbawe: 9:51pm On Feb 01, 2010
Abrantie:

This is why we urge some of you to stop dealing in ignorance and conjecture. If you know the reality on the ground in Nigeria you will know that it is not possible for a "Private Power company to compete with NEPA" unless the power sector is deregulated . Why is the power sector not deregulated I hear you ask? Simple - the selfish interest of the ruling cabal !!!! I would not expect you to know anything about that since you prefer to think that all Nigerians are drug dealers.
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by Abrantie: 9:55pm On Feb 01, 2010
kawazaki,

YES!

We are not Europe or UAE. In 2010 and foreseeable Ghanaian future, SAT-3/WASC has enough bandwidth to meet our external telecom needs. Ok, let me spell it out. What's needed right now in most African countries, including Nigeria, is basic INTERNAL infrastructure. If we get that squared away, then we can talk about how to download p0rn at light speeds from US & UK.
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by kawazaki(m): 10:04pm On Feb 01, 2010
@Abrantie

Braa,

I now understand you. What we all fail to acknowledge has now come out clearly.

Nigerian are push-full, yeah we are not in Europe or UAE, yeah we do not have NEPA, but we keep pushing the limits.

Ghanaians will have to wait for all the ingredients to be in place to move to the next step.

For me, they are both good approaches to life. We all just need to acknowledge our differences to Life, Simple
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by ayettymama(f): 10:18pm On Feb 01, 2010
@ GBAWE
watever

if u hadnt mentioned her i would neva have heard of her!!

whereas i followed almost all of kofi anans work

i personally believe ghana has done well for itself, regardless of any long essay u feel to write

different opinions blah blah

nigeria should take a page out of her book!
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by K4: 10:29pm On Feb 01, 2010
Londoner, did I hear you say Fashola is doing well? The last time I heard, the state house assembly was considering impeaching his for fraud and corruption. So, how does that help your argument?

Ghanaians has shown themselves to be disciplined and focused –a people with integrity. Why do you think they have conducted world-acclaimed elections with ease? Why do you think our electoral commission is helping you guys to conduct free, air and credible elections? Dr.Afari Gyan was in Nigeria to lecture your senators and election officials, including Maurice Iwu, couple of months ago.

I hope we are not going to see some serious fighting in Anambra this weekend. As you guys know, elections in Nigeria is like warfare. I understand 25,000 policemen have been deployed in Anambra. I wonder if that would be enough. You need to draft every Nigerian policeman and soldier to keep the peace in Anambra, especially when reports from that area suggest people are being armed ahead of the election.

The argument was that Ghana was smaller than Nigeria and that accounted for Ghana’s effectiveness in organizing very successful polls. Yet a few months later, we saw the disgraceful outcome in Ekiti-which is not even up to size of the smallest region in Ghana. We saw how 15,000 well armed policemen assisted by soldiers could not provide security in Ekiti during that laughable rape of democracy.

It is with the same measure of integrity that Ghana will manage its oil resources. Watch and see Ghana make a huge success out of oil. Yes, watch and see. This is Ghana we are talking about-pace setters in Africa.

They said it was impossible for an opposition to win an election in Africa. Ghana proved it is doable. Now they say Ghana will be trapped in the oil curse that is the lot of countries like Nigeria. Ghana is saying no, oil will not be a curse and so shall it be.

Gbawe, Ghanaians see Glo as just one of several mobile phone companies operating or seeking to operate in Ghana. In any case it is not as if Glo is reinventing the wheel here. Let’s wait and see how they perform. One thing I know is there are already world-class telecom companies in Ghana-including Vodafone.

And for those making an issue out of Glo’s sponsorship of the local football league.There is no big deal at all if Glo is a co-sponsor of the league. MTN sponsored the Nigerian league for many years. Or is MTN a Nigerian company? Again Glo is not sponsoring the league in Ghana because it likes Ghanaians(LOL, that is impossible for a Nigerian company). The only reason they are doing it is because they know Ghanaians love their football and thus sponsoring the local league was one way of winning the hearts of potential Ghanaian subscribers. As I said, the telecom market in Ghana is very,very competitive so companies have to devise various strategies to win customers. And Glo was not forced to bid to sponsor the league. They were among several companies that applied to sponsor the league; nobody forced them to do it. And they are only doing it because they are looking for positive feedback from Ghanaians. After the current contract runs out Glo will leave and another comoany will take over-that is how it works all over the world. No big deal.
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by celebritee(m): 10:29pm On Feb 01, 2010
Its funny how a thread that is supposed to be about the final of the ACON between Egypt and ghana could turn into a war zone between Naija and Ghana. I might as well join in,

Truth is, a lot of Africans hate Nigerian guts. I'm based in Glasgow and a lot of white chicks tell me how they have been warned to stay off Nigerians. We're supposed to be scammers and every other evil thing under the sun. The people spreading this gist are mostly southern africans. Of course the girls dont pay attention. They readily see thru the falsehood. I know a couple of ladies who are addicted to not just black guys, but Naija guys. The level of exposure of Nigerians is on a whole different plane.

The thing is Naija guys dont give 2 fcuks.

Its a good thing that the Ghana Govt has turnaround its fortunes, Lets not forget that in the 80s and 90s, Ghanainas used to flock to Nigeria in droves to become shoe cobblers. Good on ya! But why all the hating?

1 Like

Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by ayettymama(f): 10:32pm On Feb 01, 2010
oi oi oi

have i not been backin u??

better mind ur mout oo

dont mention my state here

or i will deal wit u the nigerian way!!!lol

the bottom line is

the team of (questionably) underage ghanians beat us mercilessly
we should all be cvrying!!
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by celebritee(m): 10:37pm On Feb 01, 2010
K4:

Londoner, did I hear you say Fashola is doing well? The last time I heard, the state house assembly was considering impeaching his for fraud and corruption. So, how does that help your argument?

Ghanaians has shown themselves to be disciplined and focused –a people with integrity. Why do you think they have conducted world-acclaimed elections with ease? Why do you think our electoral commission is helping you guys to conduct free, air and credible elections? Dr.Afari Gyan was in Nigeria to lecture your senators and election officials, including Maurice Iwu, couple of months ago.

I hope we are not going to see some serious fighting in Anambra this weekend. As you guys know, elections in Nigeria is like warfare. I understand 25,000 policemen have been deployed in Anambra. I wonder if that would be enough. You need to draft every Nigerian policeman and soldier to keep the peace in Anambra, especially when reports from that area suggest people are being armed ahead of the election.

The argument was that Ghana was smaller than Nigeria and that accounted for Ghana’s effectiveness in organizing very successful polls. Yet a few months later, we saw the disgraceful outcome in Ekiti-which is not even up to size of the smallest region in Ghana. We saw how 15,000 well armed policemen assisted by soldiers could not provide security in Ekiti during that laughable despoil of democracy.

It is with the same measure of integrity that Ghana will manage its oil resources. Watch and see Ghana make a huge success out of oil. Yes, watch and see. This is Ghana we are talking about-pace setters in Africa.

They said it was impossible for an opposition to win an election in Africa. Ghana proved it is doable. Now they say Ghana will be trapped in the oil curse that is the lot of countries like Nigeria. Ghana is saying no, oil will not be a curse and so shall it be.

Gbawe, Ghanaians see Glo as just one of several mobile phone companies operating or seeking to operate in Ghana. In any case it is not as if Glo is reinventing the wheel here. Let’s wait and see how they perform. One thing I know is there are already world-class telecom companies in Ghana-including Vodafone.

And for those making an issue out of Glo’s sponsorship of the local football league.There is no big deal at all if Glo is a co-sponsor of the league. MTN sponsored the Nigerian league for many years. Or is MTN a Nigerian company? Again Glo is not sponsoring the league in Ghana because it likes Ghanaians(LOL, that is impossible for a Nigerian company). The only reason they are doing it is because they know Ghanaians love their football and thus sponsoring the local league was one way of winning the hearts of potential Ghanaian subscribers. As I said, the telecom market in Ghana is very,very competitive so companies have to devise various strategies to win customers. And Glo was not forced to bid to sponsor the league. They were among several companies that applied to sponsor the league; nobody forced them to do it. And they are only doing it because they are looking for positive feedback from Ghanaians. After the current contract runs out Glo will leave and another comoany will take over-that is how it works all over the world. No big deal.

Let me get you straight. The greatest achievement of Ghana since attaining independence is conducting elections? Are u sure u are Ghanainan? U are sounding a bit more retarded than the average one.
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by K4: 11:04pm On Feb 01, 2010
@Celebritee, Look at this shulmuta ingala, with an IQ of a lemon. What are you smoking?

Where in my post did I say conducting elections was the greatest achievement of Ghana? Go back and read my post very well so that you don’t make a tool of yourself. It is better to be thought a tool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by jona2: 11:16pm On Feb 01, 2010
Accra Ghana. grin

Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by jona2: 11:19pm On Feb 01, 2010
[b]Nigerian businesses account for about 60 percent of foreign investment in Ghana, aided by the enabling investment climate of the West African country.

Director, Marketing and Public Relations, Ghana Investment Promotion Centre (GIPC), Mr. Edward Ashong-Lartey, stated this last week, in Lagos, at a forum to announce the forthcoming 2010 International Business Events Management (IBEM) conference billed for Ghana in March.

GIPC is a one-stop government agency, in the office of the Ghanaian Presidency, that facilitates and supports local and foreign investors in both the manufacturing and services sectors of Ghana.

According to him, the level of Nigerian investment in Ghana is very high, especially with the entrance of communications giant, Globacom, along with some other companies, into the country, adding that the Ghanaian officials to discuss possible areas of further collaboration with Nigerian investors and the kind of incentives that will promote investment and business relations between both countries, ahead of the IBEM conference. Ashong-Lartey noted that the forthcoming event with the theme: “Investing and Growing Your Business in Ghana – Challenges and Opportunities”, is aimed at enabling investors both in Africa and other continents to harness the business opportunities that are abound in Ghana, adding that the interest on Nigeria is borne out of the fact that she has the experience in manpower and technical capacity that are believed would be relevant to Ghana to develop its nascent sectors, especially oil and gas. “Talk about the population, the land mass, abundant natural resources, technocrats and so on. Already, Nigeria is seriously playing active role in Ghana’s economy,” he stated.

He said that GIPC sees investment opportunities for Nigerians in agriculture and agro-processing; fish processing; sports, Leisure and Infrastructure; transport; infrastructure, power and tele-communications, among others.

“Government would harness the opportunity that abound in the discovery of and exploration of oil in the country to woo and encourage would-be investors. All expectations of investors are assured and would not be dashed,” he stated. The Ghanaian government official, however, acknowledged that the country was currently experiencing some challenges in the areas of security, high interest rates, bank charges and inadequate power generation (at 1,850-mega watts) that may discourage investors, but noted that the government was working seriously on ways to address the issues. He said, for instance, that about six foreign companies have indicated interest to use gas to produce energy with the hope of boosting the power supply before the end of 2010, adding that tax holidays were being considered for some sectors and tourists just to create conducive environment for investors in the country.

Targets participants for the forthcoming conference, according to Ashong-Lartey, include manufacturers in Europe, America, UK, Asia and Africa; local and foreign investors, chambers of commerce and industry, regional and multinational corporate bodies, oil and gas companies, banks and financial institutions.

http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=175510

[/b]
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by jona2: 11:22pm On Feb 01, 2010
[b]Ghana seeks to diversify Nigerian foreign investments
  Thursday 21 January 2010 / by Konye Obaji Ori

Nigeria has recently emerged as Ghana’s biggest economic partner, contributing to over 60 per cent of Ghana’s foreign investment. But the Ghanaian government has sought to attract other foreign investments into the country, both to diversify investments and bolster economic growth.
According to reports, the height of Nigerian investment in Ghana rose with the entrance of communications giant, Globacom, along with some other companies, into the Ghanaian market.

The Ghana Investment Promotion Centre (GIPC) has called on Nigerians to take advantage of available investment opportunities in several sectors, i.e., agriculture and agro-processing; fish processing; sports, Leisure and Infrastructure; transport; infrastructure, power and tele-communications, among others.

International investments

see also
• Ethiopia: New Ethiopian Airlines-Boeing deal silences Airbus rumours

• Uganda Shilling dips against US dollar

• Ethiopia increases benzine supplies from Sudan

• All articles related to Trade   

Parallelly, the Ghanaian economic sector has targeted other local and foreign investors, including chambers of commerce and industry, regional and multinational corporate bodies, oil and gas companies, banks and financial institutions as it seeks "to harness the business opportunities that are abound in Ghana," indicated the marketing and public relations officer of The Ghana Investment Promotion Centre (GIPC), Mr. Edward Ashong-Lartey.

The 2010 International Business Events Management (IBEM) conference, an international business event themed; "Investing and Growing Your Business in Ghana - Challenges and Opportunities", is expected to converge potential investors in the west African country in March.

A natural Ghana-Nigeria collaboration

Mr. Edward Ashong-Lartey also assured a group of Nigerians in Lagos last week that Ghana would discuss possible areas of further collaboration with Nigerian investors and the kind of incentives that will promote investment and business relations between both countries. For him, Nigeria’s technical capacity and experience in manpower are relevant to the development of Ghana’s nascent sectors, especially oil and gas.

"Talk about the population, the land mass, abundant natural resources, technocrats and so on. Already, Nigeria is seriously playing active role in Ghana’s economy. Government would harness the opportunity that abounds in the discovery of and exploration of oil in the country to woo and encourage would-be investors. All expectations of investors are assured and would not be dashed," Ashong-Lartey stated.

Challenges

Despite the lure of the investment friendly Ghana, Mr. Edward Ashong-Lartey warned that the country was currently experiencing some challenges in the areas of security, high interest rates, bank charges and inadequate power generation [ 1,850-mega watts) that may discourage investors, but noted that the government was working seriously on ways to address the issues.

Nonetheless, six foreign companies have indicated interest to use gas to produce energy with the hope of boosting Ghana’s power supply before the end of 2010.[/b]
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by jona2: 11:26pm On Feb 01, 2010
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by ayettymama(f): 11:29pm On Feb 01, 2010
*jona:

Accra Ghana. grin

LMAO!!!

anticipating the release of

SLUMDOG GHANA!
Re: Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] by K4: 11:50pm On Feb 01, 2010
@ Jona, are you kidding me?

Posting that picture, allegedly from Ghana, shows how despicable and desperate you are.

For all I know, that picture could have come from any of the numerous shanties dotting the landscape of Nigeria- from Ajungule to Alaba, from oshodi to ajangbadi. I can post even more horrifying pictures if you challenge me to do so. He who lives in a glass house throws no stones,huh? A word to the wise….

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Fifa Under 17 Competition In South Korea / One Dies As Chelsea, Barcelona Fans Argue On Better Club In Katsina / Hoodlums Attack Gbenga Adewusi After Shooting Stars’ Match Against MFM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.