Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

Beyonce And Jay Z Name Their Twins 'Sir And Rumi Carter’ - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Beyonce And Jay Z Name Their Twins 'Sir And Rumi Carter’ (56521 Views)

Beyonce Surprises Fans With Rare Photo Of Twins Sir And Rumi / Beyonce’s 5-month-old Twins Sir & Rumi Carter, Seen In Public First Time (pics) / Jay-z Reveals Why He And Beyonce Named Their Twins Sir And Rumi Carter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beyonce And Jay Z Name Their Twins 'Sir And Rumi Carter’ by BeenieB: 8:09am On Jul 01, 2017
sirusX:

Look on the bright side...everybody, including those older than him would call him Sir grin

Lol, probably d pronunciation would be different!
Re: Beyonce And Jay Z Name Their Twins 'Sir And Rumi Carter’ by SirMazi: 8:43am On Jul 01, 2017
realnas:
The demonic names that they are giving their children
What is really demonic about the name Mr Pastor Demonic
Re: Beyonce And Jay Z Name Their Twins 'Sir And Rumi Carter’ by gwales: 8:56am On Jul 01, 2017
realnas:
The demonic names that they are giving their children
'Rumi' was the name of the greatest poet ever

Re: Beyonce And Jay Z Name Their Twins 'Sir And Rumi Carter’ by BaWoahGDP: 8:56am On Jul 01, 2017
izit like rumi I.e. short for ruminants
Re: Beyonce And Jay Z Name Their Twins 'Sir And Rumi Carter’ by Viktor1983(m): 9:18am On Jul 01, 2017
LaurelP:
That's dumb.
So Jay-Z and Beyonce will now be like "Come here Sir". For their own child o.
grin
Re: Beyonce And Jay Z Name Their Twins 'Sir And Rumi Carter’ by sukkot: 9:25am On Jul 01, 2017
Vikky014:
sukkot means heaven I guess.
it does. it means tabernacle which is heaven
Re: Beyonce And Jay Z Name Their Twins 'Sir And Rumi Carter’ by sukkot: 9:27am On Jul 01, 2017
Yonce:

Rumi doesn't mean hell!

The twin girl was named afer the greatest poet ever! cool
and did you read the life history of the poet and all the hell he went through escaping destuction and hell with his family ? how the mongols took over their town and they had to flee and with the whole family and both his parents died on the sojourn etc etc

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rumi
Re: Beyonce And Jay Z Name Their Twins 'Sir And Rumi Carter’ by buffalowings: 9:51am On Jul 01, 2017
Rumi
That ancient Iranian poet?
Re: Beyonce And Jay Z Name Their Twins 'Sir And Rumi Carter’ by buffalowings: 9:52am On Jul 01, 2017
gwales:
'Rumi' was the name of the greatest poet ever
My brother your head dey there jare

Some people just go dey yarn rubbish
Re: Beyonce And Jay Z Name Their Twins 'Sir And Rumi Carter’ by Yonce(f): 10:00am On Jul 01, 2017
sukkot:
and did you read the life history of the poet and all the hell he went through escaping destuction and hell with his family ? how the mongols took over their town and they had to flee and with the whole family and both his parents died on the sojourn etc etc

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rumi

Rumi is from the arabic word Rûm.

And Rûm is more commonly stylized as Al-Rûmi which is a nisbah designating people originating in the Byzantine Roman Empire or lands that formerly belonged to Byzantine Roman Empire, especially Anatolia.

So my friend. . . . Where did you get your statement that Rumi etymology means Hell?
Re: Beyonce And Jay Z Name Their Twins 'Sir And Rumi Carter’ by sukkot: 10:03am On Jul 01, 2017
Yonce:

Rumi is from the arabic word Rûm.

And Rûm is more commonly stylized as Al-Rûmi which is a nisbah designating people originating in the Byzantine Roman Empire or lands that formerly belonged to Byzantine Roman Empire, especially Anatolia.

So my friend. . . . Where did you get your statement that Rumi etymology means Hell?
arabic is not an original language. it is derived from a source. there was no such thing as an arab 2000 years ago. this whole arabic thing is less than 2000 years old. islam is less than 2000 years old. so what language where they speaking before arabic islam was founded ? gotcha lol

me ? i use the source language for etymology. not newly derived languages
Re: Beyonce And Jay Z Name Their Twins 'Sir And Rumi Carter’ by Yonce(f): 10:09am On Jul 01, 2017
sukkot:
arabic is not an original language. it is derived from a source. there was no such thing as an arab 2000 years ago. this whole arabic thing is less than 2000 years old. islam is less than 2000 years old. so what langguage where they speaking before arabic islam was founded ? gotcha lol

me ? i use the source language for etymology. not newly derived languages

Alright fine. Just show proof that the etymological meaning of Rumi is hell. . . .that's all. Cause you're insulting the greatest and best selling poet I know. undecided
Re: Beyonce And Jay Z Name Their Twins 'Sir And Rumi Carter’ by cuteme88(f): 10:15am On Jul 01, 2017
BabaRamota1980:

Speaking of picture....why u dey teaze me with that brown skin cartoon?

Make i see your own beautiful brown skin...

Yinmu... wink

grin grin grin

Hehehehehehehe same with what Jayz and Beyonce r doing!

Till keeping y'all on suspense about my look.

By the time Beyonce manage to release the twins hand or leg on picture to keep doing us longthroat. me too go release the image of my hands and feet.
wink*
wink wink wink
Re: Beyonce And Jay Z Name Their Twins 'Sir And Rumi Carter’ by sukkot: 10:15am On Jul 01, 2017
Yonce:

Alright fine. Just show proof that the etymological meaning of Rumi is hell. . . .that's all. Cause you're insulting the greatest and best selling poet I know. undecided
he may be the greatest and best selling poet now after he is dead but I am sure his life was hell. most of these great poets and writers and scientists only get famous when they die. it is post humous fame. most of them die broke and wretched. then 500 years later someone digs up their work and then they become famous. it happens all the time. so what you have is called nostalgia. its like fela. he wasnt appreciated when he was alive. people called him amugbo etc etc lol. 500 years down the line people would be talking about fela like he was a god. but meanwhile the man in his time lived a wretched life. thats how it goes player. post humous fame. rumi in his days would be considered a jobless noisemaker who rants on the streets like a madman lmao
Re: Beyonce And Jay Z Name Their Twins 'Sir And Rumi Carter’ by Yonce(f): 10:33am On Jul 01, 2017
sukkot:
he may be the greatest and best selling poet now after he is dead but I am sure his life was hell. most of these great poets and writers and scientists only get famous when they die. it is post humous fame. most of them die broke and wretched. then 500 years later someone digs up their work and then they become famous. it happens all the time. so what you have is called nostalgia. its like fela. he wasnt appreciated when he was alive. people called him amugbo etc etc lol. 500 years down the line people would be talking about fela like he was a god. but meanwhile the man in his time lived a wretched life. thats how it goes player. post humous fame. rumi in his days would be considered a jobless noisemaker who rants on the streets like a madman lmao

So no proof that the etymological meaning of Rumi is hell?
Re: Beyonce And Jay Z Name Their Twins 'Sir And Rumi Carter’ by sukkot: 10:40am On Jul 01, 2017
Yonce:

So no proof that the etymological meaning of Rumi is hell?
lol brah i cant tell you the secrets. you need to be initiated into the comsic order before you get these types of wisdom. i tell you what it is and not how i arrived at what it is lmao. its like the freemasons, they hold alot of keys but are sworn to an oath of secrecy. people get killed for revealing secrets.
Re: Beyonce And Jay Z Name Their Twins 'Sir And Rumi Carter’ by Chikelue2000(m): 10:40am On Jul 01, 2017
cuteme88:

grin grin grin

Hehehehehehehe same with what Jayz and Beyonce r doing!

Till keeping y'all on suspense about my look.

By the time Beyonce manage to release the twins hand or leg on picture to keep doing us longthroat. me too go release the image of my hands and feet.
wink*
wink wink wink
amen dear now fulfill ur promise

1 Like

Re: Beyonce And Jay Z Name Their Twins 'Sir And Rumi Carter’ by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:59am On Jul 01, 2017
Not suprised about the name but, Rumi is a fine name. Oyinbos don't mind name, they can name their pikkin anything. No be person they bear GARRI.
Re: Beyonce And Jay Z Name Their Twins 'Sir And Rumi Carter’ by swegiedon(m): 11:03am On Jul 01, 2017
sukkot:
lol brah i cant tell you the secrets. you need to be initiated into the comsic order before you get these types of wisdom. i tell you what it is and not how i arrived at what it is lmao. its like the freemasons, they hold alot of keys but are sworn to an oath of secrecy. people get killed for revealing secrets.
hmmm interesting,what cosmic order do you belong to at least you can't hide that
Re: Beyonce And Jay Z Name Their Twins 'Sir And Rumi Carter’ by pressplay411(m): 11:05am On Jul 01, 2017
LaurelP:
That's dumb.

So Jay-Z and Beyonce will now be like "Come here Sir".
For their own child o.

Hahaha I'll believe it when they tweet it themselves. Too funny
Re: Beyonce And Jay Z Name Their Twins 'Sir And Rumi Carter’ by sukkot: 11:08am On Jul 01, 2017
swegiedon:

hmmm interesting,what cosmic order do you belong to at least you can't hide that
The illuminated sons of Amun, or did I just make up this name ? lol. nah cant tell ya buddy
Re: Beyonce And Jay Z Name Their Twins 'Sir And Rumi Carter’ by Yonce(f): 11:28am On Jul 01, 2017
sukkot:

Shame then. But if you were sworn to secrecy then why come out publicly and reveal the supposed meaning of Rumi. . . . .SMH.

Carry on with the delusion undecided
Re: Beyonce And Jay Z Name Their Twins 'Sir And Rumi Carter’ by sukkot: 11:30am On Jul 01, 2017
Yonce:

Shame then. But if you were sworn to secrecy then why come out publicly and reveal the supposed meaning of Rum i. . . . .SMH.

Carry on with the delusion undecided
i can tell you the meaning of words but not how I arrived at the meaning. if i told you how I did it you will uncover all the worlds secrets smiley
Re: Beyonce And Jay Z Name Their Twins 'Sir And Rumi Carter’ by colizee(m): 11:31am On Jul 01, 2017
Wehdon sir!
Re: Beyonce And Jay Z Name Their Twins 'Sir And Rumi Carter’ by muffyt05: 11:33am On Jul 01, 2017
These people sha...from having an African baby shower where they played Fela's "Lady" to no end to dissecting our own name, 'SARUMI' to Sir - Rumi. Na to dey expect other celeb couples to disect name such as this- BANKOLE to BANK - OLE
Re: Beyonce And Jay Z Name Their Twins 'Sir And Rumi Carter’ by swegiedon(m): 11:36am On Jul 01, 2017
sukkot:
The illuminated sons of Amun, or did I just make up this name ? lol. nah cant tell ya buddy
hmmm interesting,you might have spilled a little and your profile picture...it says something...am gonna inbox you you we gotta talk
Re: Beyonce And Jay Z Name Their Twins 'Sir And Rumi Carter’ by sukkot: 11:38am On Jul 01, 2017
swegiedon:

hmmm interesting,you might have spilled a little and your profile picture... it says something ...am gonna inbox you you we gotta talk
oh i forgot i had that there lol
Re: Beyonce And Jay Z Name Their Twins 'Sir And Rumi Carter’ by Beejayx: 12:07pm On Jul 01, 2017
So you are trying to be funny abi...mtcheew o GBE
DrGraveYardz:
My people, imagine a scenario where JAY- Z beats one of the twins, Blue Ivy will just say:

Esssssskus me SIR, but that is my Roomie grin grin!

PS: Watch how some famzers would walk in here to say, "aw, such a pretty name"!
Re: Beyonce And Jay Z Name Their Twins 'Sir And Rumi Carter’ by Yonce(f): 12:29pm On Jul 01, 2017
sukkot:
i can tell you the meaning of words but not how I arrived at the meaning. if i told you how I did it you will uncover all the worlds secrets smiley

Yeah right. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Don Jazzy & His Brothers In White Garment (Photos) / Robot Serves Food To Olaide Oyedeji (Video) / Zinoleesky Acquires A New Luxurious Car Worth N22million (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.