Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,216 members, 7,822,100 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

Number 225 Katakata Street - Literature (158) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Number 225 Katakata Street (1320998 Views)

[MUST READ] Welcome To Lagos: Danfo Palavas (very Funny) / Welcome To The US. / Welcome To My Street (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) ... (263) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Ayanfe29(f): 8:23pm On Feb 06, 2019
Oga Centino....Biko,no mid-week update? cry diaris God oooo
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by UCcrownboy: 10:21pm On Feb 06, 2019
Raise your hand if you are here to check for mid week update smiley Centino we dey hail oooo

3 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by EkopSparoAyara(m): 10:55pm On Feb 06, 2019
Ndifreke and Maya are back on track.. I hope this little experience has thought them alot...I just hope so...

So Mama Akunna's infamous act has reunited her with her son....And in a bid to save her seventh child,she dented her hands..Akunna drank from the same bottle,I hope his mother has not pass it on to him....I hope their reunion will stand the test of time...

Akunna and his fake insanity... A good escape plan but for how long??....Just how long...

Castro the conqueror...I always said you were going to conquer in the grave...Am not going to plead with CENTINO to spare you...It is his choice, I don't want to influence it.. It is his story..

Thanks on that Kenyans and Ethiopians lecture... It is a huge enlightenment like every other update..

BRAVO CENTINO..
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by kingabe21(m): 4:07pm On Feb 07, 2019
Last last, lemme come out of ghost mode, centino trust me, You are the best
I am the type that does not read stories on website or online forum, but a comment someone make about Number 225 katakata street got me curious and that is how have been reading your story all this while.
Reading your story, sometimes make me feel like I should go and be living in one ghetto area that has the same setting like the katakata one but it's a pity I can't find one.
keep on doing what you are doing bro, you will eventually blow by God's grace.

3 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by butterfly55(f): 8:28pm On Feb 07, 2019
Good to be back. It has been a long time! Happy new year famz,,,, especially Centino. You are always da boom! Keep rocking it!!!
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by KingKunleClown(m): 10:38pm On Feb 07, 2019
Since there's no midweek update, make I go sleep.... See you on Sunday Centino cool
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by ifemism02(m): 10:48pm On Feb 07, 2019
Centino, U legit.. Welldone bro
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Benreu(m): 6:33pm On Feb 08, 2019
no mid wk update....chisco abeg get small sense
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by YTderin(f): 6:56pm On Feb 09, 2019
I hope I'm not late. Lol. Stumbled in this story on Thursday. Just got here now 158 pages. embarassed
Centino, words fail me. I honestly don't have words to describe this. It's pure, raw talent.
Weldone

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by SamuelTurner(m): 9:47pm On Feb 09, 2019
Things to watch out for in the story..
1. Premier League Manager and Player of the Month 2. Buhari calling Edo as Ondo 3. ASUU calling off of strike 4. Man city retaining the 1 place in the league and many more...
Centino... I duff cap for you

3 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Haderonke20(f): 11:36am On Feb 10, 2019
centino,I'm hungry o,come feed me with today's update,Abeg.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 12:00pm On Feb 10, 2019
Hello everyone, my apologies I couldn’t reply to comments at all last week. Was a busy one for me. Believe me, I value your comments and feedback and suggestions and it is always nice to see newcomers. I welcome all of them to the thread. For the question of midweek updates, I’m working on consistency in that regard. I will soon be making an announcement that will mean I cannot shy away from midweek updates anymore. Watch this space. For now, Sunday is surest but you can still check mid-week. You never know. Happy Sunday folks.

AFTER DEATH

As the men cheered and teased the still bemused Achike, Agbonyibo suddenly had that disconcerting invasive feeling. There were eyes on him.

Don’t stop what you are doing to look for the eyes. Don’t let the stalker know you have noticed his activity. Don’t even let the people around sense your discomfort. Ordinary people could act without giving it a thought, but for beings like him, sometimes, life and death were at stake. It required extreme circumspection. First, you want to know if it is by rote, maybe out of idleness the gaze is just fixed at you with no ill intention. If so, carry on and don’t even spoil the person’s fun. If you determine it is premeditated and you know the stalker, what you must do next is deconstruct the character of this person. Is he or she a known trouble maker who may just be seeking a target? Is this person pleasant or antagonistic or indifferent towards you face to face? Crucially, Is he or she someone you have worried about before?

Agbonyibo kept himself excited as everyone else while his mind worked. Now he had to meet the eyes without giving away anything. He started by eliminating those that were jollying with him and worked out the handful he needed to find without them knowing he was looking for them. He took a swig from his bottle and raised his two hands to receive the loudest cheers and then with the concentration of a chicken thief in the midst of all the jolliness he spun and caught the two pairs of eyes that were on him.

The caretaker and his slippery son.

They watched him for a good five minutes and Agbonyibo became convinced that the pair were on his case.

He did not want to dwell on Irikefe’s successful evading of his daughter. That was a dangerous anomaly for a boy whose reputation went before him. But it was the right decision not to do anything about it. He had been observing the caretaker and knew that there was more to the unusually taciturn man. Agbonyibo however decided that he would only be concerned if the man invaded his space. Right now it seemed like Papa Efe was crossing the line.

When he sensed that the two men had watched him enough and no one else was paying him any attention, he sneaked away and went to his shop.

Agbonyibo knew what to do.

The Achike decision was an easy one. Up on the roof the night before, they talked about it.

“He is the most despicable one, isn’t he? So it had to be him.”

“And he cooks well. We will teach him how to make akuma and pate and yassa and gbomo dessi and then we can concentrate on other things.”

“How long will you be married to him?”

“The question my king, I believe, is how long will he live?”

“Yes princess.”

“It depends. He is fat. If he dies on top of me the first night everyone will understand.”

“That will be too soon my princess. Besides, I want him too.”

“Alright my king. I will spare him until you are tired of him. But there are other targets.”

“We have time my princess. We are here for the long haul.”

“As you wish my king.”

“How about Castro?”

“Is he still alive?”

It was Willy-willy that discovered him. He had just succeeded in stealing his first can of beer and wanted to go and hide it in his school bag while everyone was outside when he saw his brother writhing on the floor with an empty bottle of ‘sniper’ beside him. There were few eleven-year-olds smarter than Willy-willy. He knew at once what was happening and so did not waste time raising the alarm that saved Castro’s life. Castro was rushed to the hospital where the doctors had just been battling a similar case. He was quickly fed the readily available activated charcoal and then the stomach was irrigated using special solutions. The doctors explained that the charcoal bound to the poison and stopped its further absorption into the blood. Then he was given drips and rehydrated and monitored. Castro stayed admitted while the council of elders met on the matter.

“I did not think that I will live to see an African youth wanting to kill himself. We see this all the time in the West when all those spoilt children after eating to their full and don’t have to worry about money for education and the like will just get bored and do those type of things to themselves. Our people are supposed to be tougher than that.”

“Those that even tried it here used to go to third mainland bridge and jump inside the water.”

“I think when they don’t have cars or don’t have transport money to go there they started using sniper.”

“Who even started this sniper own? Awero here did it the traditional way. Just put a rope around your neck and kick the stool and go.”

“It was when that video of mallams preserving beans with sniper made the rounds and people started saying that sniper could kill. Then I think one or two people experimented with drinking the whole bottle and it took on. The most celebrated case was that Asiwaju guy on twitter that was accused of rape. He responded by drinking sniper in a hotel room.”

“Gentlemen, how can you be so insensitive? We are talking about Castro, a boy we know and love. And his father is here.”

“Sorry, Cosmas. Sorry Mr Zubi.”

“Let them talk Cosmas. I am not offended. What I need are answers. Have I been such a bad father?”

“It has nothing to do with you Mr Zubi, sir. We know you. It is deeper than that.” It was Irikefe that spoke now. He did not always contribute when the elders spoke but everyone knew he was friends with Castro and they understood if he spoke up now.

“It is…” Irikefe received an elbow in the rib and a glare from his father, so he kept quiet.

“The boy had been showing signs of depression. He has been withdrawn and we all carried on as if it was normal. Now we have to accept that mental illness is real and watch out for the telltale signs and help our people. It is no longer an affliction of the West. When someone begins to withdraw and behave uncharacteristically, we should put an arm around them and encourage them and try to talk to them and even call in professionals. There are NGO’s these days committed to that.”

“We should also do deliverance on them. Don’t underestimate the devil.”

“They did deliverance on Castro and he still made the attempt.”

“The deliverance was not complete. It is because his mother was not serious. They are supposed to be praying for him every morning and night for at least two weeks. Some demons are resilient.”

“So upon all the prayers that Esther is paying in this compound demons still enter here?”

“We have a witch here don’t forget. Her prayer has not stopped that one.”

Papa Efe glared at his son again. Efe knew he would be thrown out of the gathering if he spoke again.

“Okay gentlemen. On a brighter note, my son is still alive. I noticed a change in him I took for granted. Surely I know now to pay greater attention. I will advise everyone here to do the same. Suicide is no longer a White man’s predilection. Our people are now more open to it unfortunately so we must all be conscious of it and extend a helping hand without judging.”

“But why would anyone do it? I still don’t understand. You just use your hand and buy your ticket to hell fire.”

“There is no hell fire my friend. Well, it does not exist in the traditional sense.”

“Mr Cosmas has come again. So if it does not exist, is it heaven that those that commit suicide go to?”

“I don’t know if you want me to talk about this now Mr Zubi.”

“Go ahead.”

“There is paradise and there are the nether regions. Where you go to after death depends on the density or lightness of your soul when it leaves the physical body. A person of base propensities will be heavy and descend to the regions where he will be with people that are like him where they will engage themselves in the kind of vices they engaged in while on earth. And a soul that is light and luminous will ascend to the lighter spheres also corresponding to the lightness of his soul and he will be with people of a similar nature to him. Now for those who descend to the nether regions, there is no torment greater than that. Even the best description of hell does not tell the story of the horror that goes on there. Murderers will find themselves in the midst of other murderers where they will perpetually be trying to kill each other but they will not die because they are no longer flesh. Instead, they will continue to rage maniacally and attack each other nonstop for decades and even centuries. Drunks will find themselves among their ilk. The sexually perverted the same thing. The avaricious, the envious… It is uncontrolled raging of the base propensities they had on earth that you cannot even imagine. Now for those who commit suicide and think they are escaping their problems, they will be surprised to wake up and find themselves in an environment full of suicidal people who will continue to suffer the frustrations that drove them to suicide in greater force because over there in the ethereal thought is deed. There is no material substance to cushion or even stall the volition once it is sent forth. A person that died by hanging himself will find that he will continue to feel the noose on his neck and the pain will remain there along with all his frustrations without any restraint. If the person died by drowning, he will wake up to find himself struggling in water for eternity. Or until such a time when they reach a recognition and cry for help and then a helping hand will be extended to them.

"You have no idea what a privilege it is to be alive. Your physical body offers protection you cannot get in any other plane of existence. It is only here that good and evil exist side by side. That is why we are born so that we can use the protection of our bodies to mature and cast off our faults so that we become light and be able to ascend to paradise where we came from when we die. But when we only engage our base propensities, we also prepare ourselves for an existence in the beyond that is worse than the worst thing you can think of. Crucially I must say since this is what gave rise to the conversation, suicide is not the answer. You will wake up to find that you were better off on earth.”

“Mr Cosmas, so please who goes to hellfire?”

“The Almighty loving father I believe in did not build a furnace where he will put his children. No. There is no such hell fire. But because human beings have thought about it for millennia their collective thoughts have formed such a place in the beyond for them. Every thought is a living form, and it will merge with similar thoughts and bring to existence in the ethereal that with is thought about. Hell fire exists for those who want to go there but it is not a creation of the Almighty.”

“I will not think about it again.”

“Good for you. The admonition is to keep the hearth of your thoughts pure. Or as Paul said to the Philippians “Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent and praiseworthy, think about such things and the God of peace will be with you.”

Wasiu sauntered in as Mr. Cosmas finished his admonition and stood beside Irikefe.

“This man still dey preach?”

“Guy, he is making mad sense. Where you dey come from?”

“I go Teslim Balogun Stadium go see Baba. Sai Baba!”

“Him remember say na Lagos be dis? Abi him call am Ondo?”

“Him head correct today. Him know where him dey.”

“If to say you go near, him for lift your hand as the next ‘governortorial candidate.’ The blunders don too much abeg. Make him go rest.”

“Wetin concern me? Na market I really go sell. Boys need to get high to fit cheer.”

“You hear when Tinubu call Obasanjo expired milk?”

“I hear am live! The man has no chill I swear. Good for Baba Iyabo. Why him no go rest? We all know say him rig election for Yar’Adua, kill people for Odi, was poor when he came out of prison but retired to a mansion. Guy, check am na, that na pot calling kettle black.”

Mr Cosmas had now stopped talking and someone mentioned El Rufai. Irikefe wanted to hear this one so he hushed Wasiu.

“El Rufai threatened the international community. Now the International Criminal Court are looking at him. When will that midget learn to shut his trap?”

“Imagine threatening to put election observers in body bags!”

“He has too many of them and knows only death that’s why. Doesn’t he preside over Southern Kaduna where the killings never stop? Macabre Governor!”

“That is not even all. I am hearing that he declared N90 billion in his assets declaration form. Where in heaven’s name did he get that type of money from? A public servant!”

“He will tell us like Onnoghen that it is through forex trading and agriculture. Imagine that the notoriously underperforming Governor Ortom of Benue was claiming the other day that he was a billionaire before he came to power. A man that has been in public service all his life as well? What do these people take us for?"

“He said he has a farm. They all have multi-million dollar minting farms. Thunder fire all of them.”

“At last ASUU has called off the strike and our children can return to school.”

“You think they are happy? Some of them wanted to stay till after elections.”

“Who will help them snatch ballot boxes if the students are not in school? They know what they are doing.”

“At least they will not be disenfranchised. There are polling units all over campuses. That would have been more than a million votes short.”

“The only good thing that has happened this week is that Man U is now in the top four and Solkjaer is rightly manager of the month. The question I have is that, what will the next employers of Mourinho be thinking? I mean, has a football managerial failure been more glaring in the modern game?”

“The sweetest thing about the Man U result is that Chelsea play City. Watch Man City decimate Chelsea later today to cement our place in the top four.”

“Make we bet? E no go happen. Chelsea now have Higuain combining with Hazard and Gourdiola is wary of Sarri. Never write off Chelsea.”

Achike was not finding the gathering funny anymore. And it was all because of the discovery of Castro’s attempted suicide in the midst of his celebration. He could not wait to go and impregnate his lovely Evae. He reckoned Agbonyibo would not have any objection to her spending that night with him even though they were yet to discuss formalizing the union. Agbonyibo was the most liberal of men. Achike blessed God for bringing the man to Katakata Street. He was going to be the best son- in-law in the entire universe! He just could not wait to lay his hand on the young angel. See how God worked? After all the suffering in the hands of women. Indeed, good things came to those who wait. He also could not wait to see the rascal Chisco. Since he came back he had been flaunting his affair with that old cargo whose first lover wass now back and they were all living together. See the rubbish? He just could not wait to finally accost the small rat. He brought Chisco to Lagos. And Chisco will always be under him in every way!

As soon as Papa Efe opened the door and entered his room he was attacked by a swarm of bees from nowhere. The bites were all to his face and head. It felt like multiple nails were being driven into his skull. He screamed for help and neighbors rushed to his aid and the bees all flew out of the room and into the evening skies. He remembered seeing Agbonyibo’s smiling face before he passed out.

In his dream that same night in his hospital bed he saw a big bird by his bedside and it said to him “I am what I am to protect myself and my family. I give trouble only to those who ask for it and help speed up the karma of those that deserve it. Mind your business.”

TO BE CONTINUED

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Haderonke20(f): 12:04pm On Feb 10, 2019
At last,centino has given me food.

2 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Dhavido(m): 12:28pm On Feb 10, 2019
Papa Efe go show Agbonyibo say Warri witch na oga

3 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Austine567(m): 12:31pm On Feb 10, 2019
you two commenters above what do you gain now that you took my ftc position ?

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Austine567(m): 12:32pm On Feb 10, 2019
you two commenters above what did you people gain now that you took my ftc position ?

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Ayemileto(m): 12:34pm On Feb 10, 2019
Wow. Nice work centino.

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by PraisesG(f): 12:42pm On Feb 10, 2019
Nice work,wish Papa efe will be fine.

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by calamus(m): 12:43pm On Feb 10, 2019
Who else does this happen to?

While reading any update, I can't breath until I see TO BE CONTINUED, then I take in a deep breath! shocked

Is it normal?

3 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by lammy197(m): 12:44pm On Feb 10, 2019
Dropped my food after checking and I saw centino baba don update thanks bro

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Ann2012(f): 12:53pm On Feb 10, 2019
Agbon-yanky be careful

Thanks for the update Centino

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by princessConfy(f): 12:54pm On Feb 10, 2019
from the story so far can I assume papa efe to be a herbalist or a witch?
Oga centino I know you don't answer my questions but no wahala.
more ink to your pen, data to your phone and more inspiration

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by phoenixchap: 12:56pm On Feb 10, 2019
Centino you break down everyday lives in your right ups and it marvel me always I remember how you started and when I look back you have really come a long way.. Kudos bro, papa Efe is the adult in the market that won't allow the head of the infant go bend therefore no evil should befall him

3 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Unick4(m): 1:34pm On Feb 10, 2019
Centi baba..... Tnks 4 the update nar u try pass

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Rollins777(m): 1:53pm On Feb 10, 2019
Centino,your write up makes the best

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Ayobami7(m): 1:56pm On Feb 10, 2019
Nice One Centino

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Smazlexander: 2:16pm On Feb 10, 2019
Centino Why Have Thou Did This To Me Another Suspense O Ga Gan

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by EkopSparoAyara(m): 2:26pm On Feb 10, 2019
Am just picturing Agbonyibo as a secret agent with those his tentative moves...Nice body movements though but I think it should have been TWO FINGERS instead of TWO HANDS since he took a swig from his bottle with one hand...

Achike at this point all I can utter is; I pity the very essence of your existence....Sorry for you..

Castro it's one thing to think of suicide and another to think of a suitable place for it,where no one will come to your aid...You're so Lucky... Thank God for your brother.... EWU GAMBIA...

I never liked the way Hell fire has been painted...I didn't want to believe that we were created to later be left to roast up in an unquenchable fire forever...But I didn't know every character and form of death has it own region it will go to after death..Centino, you just keep bringing up new perspectives,changing our line of thoughts and believes.... I asked before and you gave me an answer that I find rather hilarious...Who are you?? Are you an entity like that of Agbonyibo??

Papa Efe,I hope this trick of Agbonyibo will not get you scared... You're the only one who can boldly stand up against him,Mama Akunna has failed herself and her entity....

Where is the landlord,Alhaji Sirika....No one has heard from him since the incident with Mrs Agbonyibo..

BRAVO CENTINO...

Honourable356, Youngzubi and pheelz....I haven't heard from you guys..
Phoenixcap,Ann 2012...I sight you..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by lakesman1(m): 2:45pm On Feb 10, 2019
always on point. I sometimes ask myself the same question: Is hell fire real? when u read the story of Paul same as this guy that was "swallowed" by shark in d bible, then I began to wonder what is hellfire? who is the target? then we talk abt destiny when people say ; you destined to be this or that then the question is was Saul destined to be tormentor of christians and later had an encounter with God. what happened to the so called evil he had done b4? as u have rightly put "Hell fire exists for those who want to go there but it is not a creation of the Almighty.”
this is my submission
thanks oga centino ��

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Khd95(m): 2:48pm On Feb 10, 2019
This centino guy no be human forget it

He has knowledge of everything,ahhhh

God bless u more chief

3 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by chrisking125(m): 3:09pm On Feb 10, 2019
Hey.... Nawa ooooooo so na till next Sunday the next update go drop? Have mercy na Oga Centino... Feed us more... I love the way Oga cosmos reasons oooo... Infact that man go do wonders if papa efe fail... Centino you're the boss..keep it up

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) ... (263) (Reply)

Countless (a story of Sex, Betrayal and vengeance) by Darousmart Emmanuel.

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.