Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,598 members, 7,816,488 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

Number 225 Katakata Street - Literature (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Number 225 Katakata Street (1319159 Views)

[MUST READ] Welcome To Lagos: Danfo Palavas (very Funny) / Welcome To The US. / Welcome To My Street (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (263) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by meneski(m): 11:46am On Jun 17, 2018
;meneski (i still wan know wetin i do you), centino;( ?
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by seun9303: 12:07pm On Jun 17, 2018
;Dcentino baba... na Sunday we dey now. awaiting updates.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by elvi02: 12:54pm On Jun 17, 2018
Ghost mode deactivated, Centino I raise hand for u.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 1:00pm On Jun 17, 2018
Nuellaluv, IAmAmbrose, enabledgoddess ...as requested.

THE COUNCIL OF ELDERS

“Gentlemen, a while ago in this compound we sat quietly and watched a family descend into destruction. Mortal destruction I should emphasise. Talabi was busy confusing Awero and we all saw and kept quiet. It made for interesting moonlight gossip, and the result was five wasted lives. Well, that woke us up. We agreed that never again will we sit down and watch things get out of hand before we get up and act. A few days ago, something happened again which is clearly against the grain of good society. The result? Another death! It may have only been a foetus but it is still a life. We understand that it was not really an accident; that it was provoked. We want to know what happened. If someone has truly done wrong, we must address it, just as we were supposed to with Awero but failed to do. Oya Tobi, come and speak.”

It was the first meeting of the council of elders of Number 225 Katakata street. Maya had been rushed to the hospital following the fall. She suffered a miscarriage with a lot of blood loss and needed a blood transfusion. Miraculously though, she did not break a bone; only a strain on one ankle and bruises on an arm and shoulder. It was following a conversation between Tobi and Castro that the latter went to his father to intimate him of the situation.

“Maya’s fall wasn’t an accident Papa. Tobi told me that Lukman incited him to go and anger Maya.”

“You don’t mean it!”

“That is what it was.”

“In that case, on Saturday when we gather, I will bring it up.”

And so it was that after the Nigeria/Croatia match, Mr Zubi went from door to do to appeal to the men to come outside for the meeting despite the disappointing outcome of the game.

It was inevitable however that it was the match they first spoke about before they addressed the important situation with Maya.

“The most painful part is that the coach stopped speaking English. The man come dey rap him native tongue after the match! Which kind thing be dat?”

“He is insinuating that the players did not understand him that was why they lost.”

“How will they understand him when he was playing Mikel who had become a defender at Chelsea as a forward? Etebo who scored four goals in one match when he played for the flying Eagles he played where Mikel should be playing. And then Moses was falling like someone that was under the devil’s anointing. Confusion everywhere!”

“And that our goalkeeper sef.”

“He did no wrong. He had a fine game.”

“I know but how is he nineteen years old?

“That is besides the point my guy.”

“The guy resemble hardened SARS official.”

“Let’s be honest guys. We are not in the same class as the Croats. They barely got out of second gear against us because they did not need to. They are parading what is arguably the best midfield in the tournament and going forward they have very seasoned operators too. You will see them against Argentina or in the latter stages. Our boys should be proud. They gave everything.”

“Which kind talk be dis na Oga Cosmas? Are they not professional footballers? How can they make basic errors as we saw and you are talking about giving everything? There are only four million people in Croatia. That is the size of Surulere. And we, a country of two hundred million cannot produce eleven players that can score a world cup goal?”

“We will still score. Argentina and Iceland coming.”

“Iceland has three hundred thousand people by the way.”

“That is the size of Umunede!”

“Messi could not score against them. Is it Ahmed Musa that will now do it?

“Wahala dey o.”

“The Nigerians are lucky. We are a forgiving people. After the five-nil Saudi Arabia suffered in the hands of Russia, their football Federation called it unacceptable. That there would be penalties for the players.”

“What will they do to them?”

“If I know those Muslim countries well, they will behead the goalkeeper and amputate two of the defenders. Then next time they will not disgrace their country like that again.”

“Ewooo!”

“All right gentlemen. That is enough for now. I truly did not expect any less. We are a failed country and those eleven players represented our reality. It would be unfair for us to go and win and then the euphoria distracts us from the truth. Tobi is here to tell us what he knows. It is getting late.”

“It is Buhari’s fault. I have said my own.”

“Tobi, speak.”

“Good evening sirs” Tobi began. He was a gangling teanager with sharp eyes and a strong set face. Since he started fancying himself a musician, he had been hanging out with Wasiu more often and sometimes returned to the compound with reddened eyes. His lips were beginning to darken and his voice was becoming croaky.

“Good evening Tobi.”

“I went to Brother Lukman’s shop as I normally do because both of us we like music. So as we were talking about reigning songs I noticed that he was becoming quiet. So I asked him, bros why are you quiet? It is as if something is worrying you. He said yes that something is worrying him, that it is about my family. I ask him how is my family worrying him? He now said that somebody was doing something that is bad to us. I ask him what is it? He now said that Brother Ndifreke that gave my sister belle is doing something with the nurse in his room. He now said that it has been happening since the nurse came to this compound. So me I was angry so I went and told my sister. She was angry too and stood up to go and meet them and then she fell from the steps and rolled to the ground. I now saw the nurse and Brother Ndifreke there immediately. I now knew that Brother Lukman was lying and my sister just fall down for nothing.”

“That is bad.”

“And the poor girl had a high-risk pregnancy. What had Lukman got to say?”

He is not here. He has been evasive since this thing happened.”

“Okay as the council of elders what do we do now?”

“We must call him to order.”

“How?”

“We must let him see the folly in his actions and punish him.”

“Do we have the authority to do that?”

“It's not a question of authority. Everyone agreed that we should meet like this and proffer solutions to problems. We will prescribe what is commensurate. If it is a crime, we hand the person over to the police.”

“Okay, so what do we do in this case?”

“Let him pay part of the medical bill. I hear it is eighty-five thousand. They did evacuation and also treated her wounds and gave her a pint of blood. Let him bring half the amount.”

They all nodded in agreement. But even as they did so, they knew it was not going to be easy to get Lukman to part with over forty thousand naira.

“Mama Tobi cannot afford the remaining amount.”

“What of the man that impregnated her?”

“I’m here,” Ndifreke said emerging from the darkness. He looked disheveled and had clearly not had any sleep for days. This was hard on him, but they could see a different kind of glint in his tired eyes.

“I do appreciate your concern gentlemen but don’t worry. I will settle the bills.”

They all looked at him with consternation.

“I said I will settle the bill. Leave Lukman alone. And also don’t trouble Mama Tobi.”

“Will you steal the money? We know you can barely have one good meal in a day.”

“I said I will settle the bill. Thanks, everyone.” With that, he turned and went into the compound.

Mkpoikanna was upon him in a flash. He found him in the room stripping to go and have his bath.

“Ndi, what are you saying? They were going to find a way to help you.”

“I don’t need their help.”

“Of course you need their help! You have nothing!”

“Sit down brother.”

Mkpoikanna did as requested.

Ndifreke sat across facing him and said, “You see, today I have seen that God works in mysterious ways. After I left the hospital and was told what the bill was, I was about to take a bus to Oworosoki from where I would just go and jump into the lagoon when my phone rang.”

“And…”

“They had sold the community land!”

Mkpoikanna jumped and his head almost hit the roof. He knew what that meant. Communities in their clan as a custom annually shared parcels of land to boys that had attained the age of twenty-two or they sold a big portion of it and shared the money among these youths as either education grant or business capital. Ndifreke had forgotten that this was the year that he became eligible.

“My share of the money is ₦250,000. I know it could have been more if I was around, but I will accept it without complaint.

“This is good news my brother.”

“Thank you.”

“And then you want to use the money to go and pay that girl’s hospital bill?”

Ndifreke looked at his cousin with bemusement. “But of course!”

“Why?”

“Are you really asking me that?”

“Are you sure you were the one responsible for the pregnancy?”

“How can you say that Mkpoinkanna? You know how many times she slept in this room.”

“Well, my own is that you cannot trust girls of nowadays. We saw her entering Achike’s room, and we don’t even know who else.”

Ndifreke shot to his feet and his eyes became flaming red.

“Calm down my brother,” Mkpoikanna said as he also rose to face him. “My advice to you is that you take this woman thing easy. You are still a small boy. This money is the chance you have been waiting for. You cannot go and spend it on a woman when you are not even sure…”

“I am sure!” Ndifreke thundered. “Bro, it is because of the respect I have for you that I have stopped myself from giving you a blow, ma’ Abasi!”

“All right, all right. Do what you want to do” Mkpoikanna said. “Meanwhile how is Maya doing?”

“She does not want to see me and forbade them to allow me near her.”

“Hmmm.”

“Maybe I have been bad to her, I don’t know.”

Mkpoikanna opened his mouth to say something but thought the better of it. “Oya go baff” He said instead. “I fit get one three-three for your head this night?’

“I haven’t collected the money yet.”

“Okay. Take am easy my brother.”

With that, he left the room.

Outside, the council of elders was still meeting.

“Ndifreke may have refused our help but we will still summon Lukman next week Saturday and chastise him if nothing else. He nearly caused another big tragedy and we will not condone such behavior.”

“Yes, agreed.”

“Does anyone have anything to say? Anything troubling anyone before we adjourn.”

“Yes, I have something to say,” Irikefe said, emerging from the shadows.

“What is it Irikefe?”

Irikefe looked around and his eyes met his father's. Papa Efe like everyone else was wondering what it was about.

“There is a witch in this compound,” he said.

TO BE CONTINUED

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by donielord(m): 1:24pm On Jun 17, 2018
Irifeke, bet why? cry cry cry bro centino you da bomb. I hail you.... Infact i fall for you, i swear!

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Emperortj93(m): 1:24pm On Jun 17, 2018
this is just nice.... ndifreke is the real MVP in this update... i especially enjoyed the part where he talk about going to jump into the lagoon. And also the part where u (poundino) talked about gernot rohr not speaking english to solidify his excuse.

3 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by OlufemiWhit(m): 2:29pm On Jun 17, 2018
Irikefe sha dhy find trouble sha......

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by cenaman(m): 2:45pm On Jun 17, 2018
Centino! Centino!! Centino!!! how many times do i called you?

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by babalolaabayo(m): 2:49pm On Jun 17, 2018
Centino yah a bomb....God bless you big....you no go kuku mention sumbori...

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Ann2012(f): 2:56pm On Jun 17, 2018
Thanks for the update Centino

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by tunjilomo(m): 2:59pm On Jun 17, 2018
Irikefe,I pity you.

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by butterfly55(f): 3:18pm On Jun 17, 2018
Good job centino. Ride on!!! Irikefe my hero is at it, again...

2 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by 2Lynx(m): 3:19pm On Jun 17, 2018
confirm irefeke, not sure if they can really hurt this guy much, all it takes is to know your enemies and have believe have in your self

2 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by anneboy02(m): 3:35pm On Jun 17, 2018
Nice shot centino

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by okeyben10: 3:48pm On Jun 17, 2018
yes o
there's a witch in 225 katakata street.

irikefe's declaration may even turn out for d beta. afterall he's d witch's new project

mama akuna own don too much abeg

thanks oga centino

3 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by spixytinxy(f): 4:10pm On Jun 17, 2018
thanks for d update, e no belleful me ooo, I want more

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by koligns: 5:34pm On Jun 17, 2018
Centino baba, more update ooooo.........

Bless you baba

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Gobek(m): 6:21pm On Jun 17, 2018
the "ma' Abasi" really got me. centino, I suspect, you from Ibibio extraction. God bless you for always finding time to put a smile on your followers face. sosongo oo

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Halyma(f): 6:23pm On Jun 17, 2018
Thanks for the update. Irikefe wants to soil Mama Akunna's game.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by maryamuwane: 7:03pm On Jun 17, 2018
Centuno, don't let us fight o. hiw can you end the episode on that note? I enjoyed this episode so much, thanks

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by DEIFIED(m): 7:38pm On Jun 17, 2018
nice one centino. i just hope irekefe boldness does not lead to his destruction.

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Belleful: 9:27pm On Jun 17, 2018
spixytinxy:
thanks for d update, e no belleful me ooo, I want more

u must be hungry man for you not to belleful. but no worry, I go give u Super pack

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by spixytinxy(f): 9:37pm On Jun 17, 2018
Belleful:

u must be hungry man for you not to belleful. but no worry, I go give u Super pack
lol, na bcoz e sweet, dat y I did not belleful.

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by eyesofpearls(f): 10:45pm On Jun 17, 2018
Wow! Centino! You are just too much man! Many thanks! God bless your hustle and grant you your heart desires according to His purpose for your life.

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by barbienazom(f): 11:12pm On Jun 17, 2018
Thank you so much Centino,you're da real deal

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by labelle123(f): 11:47pm On Jun 17, 2018
kuku kill me see suspense thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Nuellaluv(f): 11:56pm On Jun 17, 2018
ma Abasi mbok Etta you are the bomb.Awka ibom darkada......

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by FreshestManny(m): 12:41am On Jun 18, 2018
Irifreke is either extremely brave or extremely foolish. Thanks for the update Centino.

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Kelvinbo(m): 12:53am On Jun 18, 2018
Mr centino walahi you are the bomb. Thanks for the update.

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by EkopSparoAyara(m): 1:49am On Jun 18, 2018
Papa Efe will be like, What is wrong with this boy... The Elders be like, na only you waka come?? Irikefe, I will say, be careful... BRAVO CENTINO..

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by stevodot22(m): 6:40am On Jun 18, 2018
The most anticipated part is here, Mama Akunna is in trouble. Thanks for the update, keeping my fingers crossed for mid- week update.

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by sheycrown(f): 8:54am On Jun 18, 2018
Oshey Irikefe, mama Akunna is in trouble!.....Ndifreke should pay the 85,000 & do something meaningful with the rest o.

Howfa Centino darl, should we expect a midweek update?? kiss kiss

1 Like 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (263) (Reply)

Countless (a story of Sex, Betrayal and vengeance) by Darousmart Emmanuel.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.