Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,681 members, 7,827,520 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

Number 225 Katakata Street - Literature (68) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Number 225 Katakata Street (1322101 Views)

[MUST READ] Welcome To Lagos: Danfo Palavas (very Funny) / Welcome To The US. / Welcome To My Street (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (263) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Smazlexander: 5:09pm On Jul 03, 2018
Freke Is My Guy But This One Na Confirm dulling ......... Am I The Only One Thats Happy That Mama Is Back
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by sheycrown(f): 5:21pm On Jul 03, 2018
[quote author=Centino post=69050759]Smazlexander, Onetop, monalicious, Wonzerz1, TeameeMoses, nationalnwa, Dackrapper, Bluezy13, quinSonia, Patotelli, stevedot22, MrBati, babalolaabayo, HelenBee, Shalombrain, melody91, meneski, KingKunleClown, Hafiz52, BigChest, ManBeast, hay2zed50, chizko4me, EvangelOdoyi, ellahzy, johnkay1, seunadeolu, sheycrown kiss everyone...it's the anniversary edition! grin

Thanks for the mention centino kiss but it is short o.

Abeg don't allow Ndifreke fall for this nurse jere.

Ghen ghen mama is back grin
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by YINKS89(m): 5:30pm On Jul 03, 2018
how is mama going to enter now dat u have block all d place with fire..
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by quinSonia(f): 6:11pm On Jul 03, 2018
Centino,shey I told you,I will not read the story till next year but you mention megrin

lol..nice update dear.....u suppose drop like 3 more
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by UCcrownboy: 6:20pm On Jul 03, 2018
I expected to see actions from the new rugged boy in katakata street but all the same, Great Update Centino. Mama Akunna the undertaker is back on the mountain, Run Run Run.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by tunjilomo(m): 6:30pm On Jul 03, 2018
The residents of number 225 katakata street lack faith.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by olumose001(m): 6:51pm On Jul 03, 2018
Mama's arrival just saved Ndifreke... Nice update
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by MhiztaRange(m): 6:57pm On Jul 03, 2018
see suspense.. thanks for the update
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by tsharp(m): 7:17pm On Jul 03, 2018
Great update Centino. Nice touch mentioning that woman even tho I wouldn't have. Know that majority of your fans are sensible and don't share her views.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by monalicious(f): 8:23pm On Jul 03, 2018

Aunty, nobody is doing anybody any favour here. Even he did not say he was doing us a favour by writing the story.
If you think that the story will lose followership if you stop reading today, you are welcome to try.

People never see the things you got correctly; it's the one mistake you made that makes the headline... SMH
[/quote]
Uncle, I wasn't talking to you sir.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by phoenixchap: 9:24pm On Jul 03, 2018
Centino.... Like play like play the journey is now a year old, I remember when we started this trek it looked like forever but we have come this far, even though there are still miles ahead your every write up is a hit back to back and God continues to breathe on you... You are one wicked writer I must confess

3 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Ann2012(f): 9:41pm On Jul 03, 2018
Thanks for the update Centino

Pls don't let Ndifreke fall for the nurse

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by stevodot22(m): 10:12pm On Jul 03, 2018
Mama Akuna don land and every body dey shiver. Prayer without faith na waste of time, make dem stand like nothing dey happen. Well-done bro and thanks for the dedication.

2 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Bluezy13(m): 10:39pm On Jul 03, 2018
Nice update Centino...

A favour please: don't make it too raw. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by OlufemiWhit(m): 11:04pm On Jul 03, 2018
Bros....continue the story as you like am.....we dhy here.......we ya real fans no dhy go anywhere.....

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Pinkfeet: 11:40pm On Jul 03, 2018
centino you won't kill me with laugh oooo .

more wisdom fall on you .

mama is back!!!!! were is sister Esther

centino kudos to you keep it up.

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Misternas89(m): 11:53pm On Jul 03, 2018
calamus:

I actually scrolled the whole post to observe its length before reading.
Now that I am satisfied, let me leave this comment before I read.

Modified: grin grin thanks for the update... things have begun to happen. just small stains here and there is what Mama Akunna needed to dilute the efficacy of the prayer... Waiting for next episode

Aunty, nobody is doing anybody any favour here. Even he did not say he was doing us a favour by writing the story.
If you think that the story will lose followership if you stop reading today, you are welcome to try.

People never see the things you got correctly; it's the one mistake you made that makes the headline... SMH
God bless you 4 that jare. What I’ve learnt about life; some people r born to be ingrate. Instead of giving accolades at least to the writer, she was typing something else. Oga centino, you r mouthed baba mi....more energy to ur elbow, more inspirations to ur central nervous system boss

5 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Misternas89(m): 11:55pm On Jul 03, 2018
quinSonia:
Centino,shey I told you,I will not read the story till next year but you mention megrin

lol..nice update dear.....u suppose drop like 3 more
Let’s be appreciative to the ones he has bn trying to update for us. He’s got a lot on his head too, even a lot at that. Personally I think the guy is really trying, finding time out of no time or busy schedule. Oh no I give it up to centino anytime any day!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Misternas89(m): 11:56pm On Jul 03, 2018
OlufemiWhit:
Bros....continue the story as you like am.....we dhy here.......we ya real fans no dhy go anywhere.....
Na so baba. U get mouth

2 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by PrinxArthur1(m): 12:08am On Jul 04, 2018
Centino ur update Na snail speed but twale!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by monalicious(f): 8:02am On Jul 04, 2018
Misternas89:

God bless you 4 that jare. What I’ve learnt about life; some people r born to be ingrate. Instead of giving accolades at least to the writer, she was typing something else. Oga centino, you r mouthed baba mi....more energy to ur elbow, more inspirations to ur central nervous system boss
Our country is in a sorry state because most of us choose not to say truth. Who is talking about ingratitude, and what is wrong with giving criticisms? Or did I talk him down in my criticism? How would he get better at what he does if all he gets are accolades? The writer knows I appreciate him. You continue giving accolades, that's what brings the balance in life. Grateful somebody

2 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by KpagoGIN(m): 8:06am On Jul 04, 2018
Mama Akunna has turned to one SARS officer from the spirit realm..... this na real witch with herds men effect!

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by KpagoGIN(m): 8:12am On Jul 04, 2018
stevodot22:
Mama Akuna don land and every body dey shiver. Prayer without faith na waste of time, make dem stand like nothing dey happen. Well-done bro and thanks for the dedication.
Be like you missed that part she died and resurrected....... Or you forget say Mama Akunna has turned White walker, woman is a walking dead no be for living things prayer they work on? Anyways as for that compound sin na confirm as to NEPA go surely take light even when Kainji dam full.

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by donielord(m): 8:17am On Jul 04, 2018
Let's now see what prayer can do..... Maybe she will catch fire. Centino wehdone oooo

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by daneni1(m): 9:48am On Jul 04, 2018
Suspense thrilled with romance, intrigue and happenings in our dear country Naija.

Kudos Centino, no forget me in ur next update ooo.

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by viciati(m): 10:46am On Jul 04, 2018
Good bless you and this story centino

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Misternas89(m): 1:44pm On Jul 04, 2018
monalicious:

Our country is in a sorry state because most of us choose not to say truth. Who is talking about ingratitude, and what is wrong with giving criticisms? Or did I talk him down in my criticism? How would he get better at what he does if all he gets are accolades? The writer knows I appreciate him. You continue giving accolades, that's what brings the balance in life. Grateful somebody
K
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by pgodson7(m): 2:00pm On Jul 04, 2018
Biko let Ndifreke find his way to the nurse's room ASAP grin

2 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by mackzydon9(m): 5:00pm On Jul 04, 2018
Hmm perplexed man I swear to Christ, you are on par with Terry Brooks with your imagination.

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Africlegend: 8:03pm On Jul 04, 2018
Centino:
DIEZANI

I strode back out to meet the newspaper gang where I left them. The compound was now fully alive as you would expect on a Saturday morning. Children were running around with tooth brushes and tiny towels around their waists, parents were stretching their lungs to get them back in line, and there were others carrying pots and pans and dirty laundry and dishes to and from the backyard. I saw Willy-willy brandishing a transparent nylon with six eggs and bouncing to their self-contained like the prince of Persia showing off his gold. Saturday morning fried eggs was a constant in their home, and the six boys always made sure the rest of the compound never forgot how well they lived. There were a few new faces about, but that was not unexpected. This is number 225 Katakata Street.

“Diezani stole ninety billion dollars”. Mr Zubi said and shook his head.

“That is even more money than Bill Gates has” Akunna said.

“And she get cancer abi?” Josiah said.

“Last I heard, yes” Mr Zubi said.

“Lucky woman” Josiah said.

“And how is that lucky?”

“She is among the privileged few who know when they will die. So she will enjoy what she can of her stolen money, settle her family to the 20th generation while checking with her doctor how much time she has, then in the final moments, she go just give her life to Christ then go heaven straight.”

“Ehn? Lai lai!”

“What is lai lai? I dey lie? Is that not what the bible says? That if we repent we will be forgiven everything? The woman lucky abeg.”

“I don’t like the sound of that at all. It is unfair. The likes of her should rot in hell. Did you see Aremu Afolayan’s rant on instagram? I stand by him. God will punish her, her mother and all those that are eating the money with her.”

“That is your opinion. If she repents, it will all be washed away and she will be as white as snow.”

“So why won’t I go and steal and get away from this hole and then repent and go to heaven?”

“You will never get close to that kind of money, and you are too stupid to be an armed robber. At best you can go to the councilor’s house and steal his shoes,” Mr Zubi said.

“Something is not right about that doctrine. I can feel it in my soul,” Akunna mused. “She was feeding fat from oil swap deals as the papers say. Because of that, our refineries were never going to work. My cousin that worked at the Port Harcourt refinery is now a pauper because people like Diezani ensured they were sent back home for redundancy. That kind of money would not only keep our refineries alive, it would build a new one in every local government in this country. Not to talk of roads, hospitals, and so many jobs!”

“Can I say something?” It was Mr Cosmas that spoke. We all fell silent. We did not know what was coming, but we were sure he was going to throw our faith in our faces once again.

“Josiah,” he began, “Think about Akunna’s cousin in Port-Harcourt who has been made hungry by this woman. Imagine that one day out of desperation he goes to the market and steals some garri to feed his family, then the following day he dies without remembering to repent, will it be fair for him to be sent to hell and Diezani to heaven because she repented?”

“One is stealing, the other is corruption. Goodluck Jonathan said they are not the same thing.” Josiah said.

Mr Cosmas ignored the remark and said “Akunna, you say your soul tells you the doctrine is wrong. Guess what, your soul is right. How can we say God is just if people steal billions and impoverish millions and in the end utter a few words of repentance and go to heaven? And the people they impoverish are sent to hell for becoming desperate to survive?”

“What nonsense soul is telling him what? Do you question God? Do you question His word? His ways are not our ways. You cannot understand spiritual things thinking in the flesh.”

“Hmmm, so what are you saying Mr Cosmas?” Akunna said.

“God cannot be mocked. Whatsoever a man soweth, so shall he reap. She will pay for it. If not in this life, in another one.”

“I said it! I knew this was where this was leading. You don come again Cosmas. It is appointed unto man to die once!”

“If it were so, then the Almighty will not be just. Akunna, if your intuition tells you what you believed is not right, you are on track. Seek and ye shall find.”

“I am not sitting down here and listening to this rubbish. I did not say that what Diezani did was right, but we cannot judge her. I believe that if she repents she will be saved. All this one you are saying now I know you read from those demonic books wey you dey carry. Be careful Cosmas. Repent before it is too late. I dey go. Make una stay there make dem pollute una mind.”

“The problem with closed-minded people is that their mouth is always open.”

We all turned and saw that Mr Kingsley had joined us. He never took part in our gathering unless he was invited. Even then it was only for the compound meetings.

“Who said that, Mr. Kingsley?” I said before I could stop myself.

“Zig Ziglar.”

“Don’t be surprised bros Freke. There is nothing a woman’s food cannot do.” It was Irikefe. He must have been following Mr Kingsley. “Tonight, bros” he said with a wink and jumped the gutter and went down the street.

TO BE CONTINUED.
Diezani will have to return everything she still has from what she had stolen, if she would repent.

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Opeoluwa99(f): 9:10pm On Jul 04, 2018
This mama ehn
Everyone fled cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Kaycee9242(m): 10:31pm On Jul 04, 2018
Dis mama akunna is a terrorist, y ndirifeke dy fall my hand na? Go nack dt nurse wella. Centino well done sir

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (263) (Reply)

Countless (a story of Sex, Betrayal and vengeance) by Darousmart Emmanuel.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.