Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,051 members, 7,828,700 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

Number 225 Katakata Street - Literature (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Number 225 Katakata Street (1322353 Views)

[MUST READ] Welcome To Lagos: Danfo Palavas (very Funny) / Welcome To The US. / Welcome To My Street (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (263) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by ManBeast: 3:12pm On Jun 30, 2018
BigChest:
wink
grin :DThis her nose be like center of the universe grin grin

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by BigChest(m): 3:12pm On Jun 30, 2018
ManBeast:
grin :DThis her nose be like center of the universe grin grin
grin

2 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Bluezy13(m): 1:32am On Jul 01, 2018
Centino!!!

Where art thou?

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by KingKunleClown(m): 8:18am On Jul 01, 2018
Thanks for this update Centino...
Happy new month and more strength 💪...
Please mention me on your next update and make me a character in this your story (KunleClown)

2 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by meneski(m): 12:03pm On Jul 01, 2018
solomonbrown64 u 2 dey dis our katakata?

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by melody91: 1:26pm On Jul 01, 2018
centino centinono.. centinonolistic centino... you're are the real goat my brother.. lol

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Shalombrain: 5:13pm On Jul 01, 2018
Today official makes it a year since this thread was opened...

Thanks sir Centino for the year...

2 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by HelenBee(f): 6:28pm On Jul 01, 2018
Happy anniversary to the writer and followers.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by babalolaabayo(m): 8:45pm On Jul 01, 2018
so Centino no go drop anniversary update for us....centinooooo
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by MrBati(m): 9:00pm On Jul 01, 2018
Happy anniversary to everyone @Centrino Pls mention me when u drop the anniversary Item7

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by stevodot22(m): 8:15am On Jul 02, 2018
Centino!!! Abeg make this update dey lengthy o. Because anniversary no be small thing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Patotelli(m): 10:39am On Jul 02, 2018
Centino:

Mehn pattoski! Who showed you my notes! shocked

Have to find another angle then grin.

Hold my beer.

......Hmmmm see wynin, i knw say i no fit get am na jux guess oo.. na so oga centino dey play me. Well trust u wella boss u go surely twist am. I hail oo...

#patotelli
#pattoski...

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by quinSonia(f): 7:16pm On Jul 02, 2018
I go abandon this story till next year, so by the thing I start to read m update go don plenty well well 4 me
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 7:47pm On Jul 02, 2018
HelenBee:
Happy anniversary to the writer and followers.

Wow that's true o!

Thanks for the wishes HelenBee.

Bumper anniversary edition loading...
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 7:48pm On Jul 02, 2018
quinSonia:
I go abandon this story till next year, so by the thing I start to read m update go don plenty well well 4 me

grin grin grin
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 7:58pm On Jul 02, 2018
Shalombrain:
Today official makes it a year since this thread was opened...

Thanks sir Centino for the year...

You're welcome man.

Now I'm gutted I couldn't update yesterday. Woulda been nice to have an update on the very anniversary. But no worries. The next one (tomorrow) will be big wink

3 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Bluezy13(m): 10:41pm On Jul 02, 2018
1 full year!!!

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by monalicious(f): 11:21pm On Jul 02, 2018
I think the reigning trend on NL is dragging your stories for years. This story started out really good, very interesting and educative. But now cry. Centino's updates are too far apart, just like Larrysun. May God help you people oh, you should try to emulate Obehid when it comes to "how to treat/keep your fans". Good bye undecided
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 8:02am On Jul 03, 2018
monalicious:
I think the reigning trend on NL is dragging your stories for years. This story started out really good, very interesting and educative. But now cry. Centino's updates are too far apart, just like Larrysun. May God help you people oh, you should try to emulate Obehid when it comes to "how to treat/keep your fans". Good bye undecided

monalicious, clearly you are not following this thread. I know it can be boring going through comments when all you really want is to enjoy the story but it does help not to make sweeping statements especially if there's a chance you don't know the whole story.

This, here, is not your regular story. Those who follow the thread closely know. If I do not lose steam it will "drag" on in perpetuity. This is not a story that is planned to end. I know nothing lasts forever and one day I will stop writing it but the idea is to come here once a week and have my characters talk about goings on. It so happened that there's a recognisable plot which we have come to enjoy but I could cut that out and keep the original idea.

I see you binge read in the beginning and then started following updates, otherwise, you would have noticed that the updates are only now getting more regular as I didn't start out doing twice a week as I have managed in the past three or four weeks.

I'm sure you don't want me to remind you that Nairaland writers are doing this pro bono with monikers and most of our readers have no idea what we're like in real life. If they gave it a thought, "fans" would be only grateful because some of us do not have to do this.

14 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Dackrapper(m): 8:27am On Jul 03, 2018
Centino:

monalicious, clearly you are not following this thread. I know it can be boring going through comments when all you really want is to enjoy the story but it does help not to make sweeping statements especially if there's a chance you don't know the whole story.

This, here, is not your regular story. Those who follow the thread closely know. If I do not lose steam it will "drag" on in perpetuity. This is not a story that is planned to end. I know nothing lasts forever and one day I will stop writing it but the idea is to come here once a week and have my characters talk about goings on. It so happened that there's a recognisable plot which we have come to enjoy but I could cut that out and keep the original idea.

I see you binge read in the beginning and then started following updates, otherwise, you would have noticed that the updates are only now getting more regular as I didn't start out doing twice a week as I have managed in the past three or four weeks.

I'm sure you don't want me to remind you that Nairaland writers are doing this pro bono with monikers and most of our readers have no idea what we're like in real life. If they gave it a thought, "fans" would be only grateful because some of us do not have to do this.
Nothing good comes easy bro!
we understand
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by nationalnwa(m): 1:23pm On Jul 03, 2018
Centino... What the happen na..
Nice work by the way..
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 2:08pm On Jul 03, 2018
nationalnwa:
Centino... What the happen na..
Nice work by the way..

Still cooking. today, today grin grin grin
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by TeameeMoses(m): 2:21pm On Jul 03, 2018
Centino:

Still cooking. today, today grin grin grin
Okay oooo, make the food do quick ooo and please, I want the bottom pot thinz you know... Thanks for always serving us. grin
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Wonderz1: 3:00pm On Jul 03, 2018
BABA CEINTINO STILL WAITIN

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by monalicious(f): 3:33pm On Jul 03, 2018
Centino:

Well I wasn't there when the story started but I joined in along the line. I haven't noticed how often you update, but I have noticed that it's usually far apart. I know you have a life in the real world, like everyone else, so I don't expect you to spend your entire time giving updates. All I am saying is making it consistent. If you say "next update is so so so", try to stick to it. Some of us actually set reminders on our phones for that date wink. NL writers are always so quick to remind us of how they are doing us a favour by writing "pro bono". With all due respect you decided to start up the story, we didn't beg you to, and I believe whatever is worth doing is worth doing well. We, your fans, are also doing you a favour by reading it. You shoul be grateful because some of us don't have to do this. Thanks
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Onetop(m): 3:50pm On Jul 03, 2018
monalicious:

Well I wasn't there when the story started but I joined in along the line. I haven't noticed how often you update, but I have noticed that it's usually far apart. I know you have a life in the real world, like everyone else, so I don't expect you to spend your entire time giving updates. All I am saying is making it consistent. If you say "next update is so so so", try to stick to it. Some of us actually set reminders on our phones for that date wink. NL writers are always so quick to remind us of how they are doing us a favour by writing "pro bono". With all due respect you decided to start up the story, we didn't beg you to, and I believe whatever is worth doing is worth doing well. We, your fans, are also doing you a favour by reading it. You shoul be grateful because some of us don't have to do this. Thanks
You self

2 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Smazlexander: 4:18pm On Jul 03, 2018
Centino When You Drop The Next update Na
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 4:50pm On Jul 03, 2018
Smazlexander, Onetop, monalicious, Wonzerz1, TeameeMoses, nationalnwa, Dackrapper, Bluezy13, quinSonia, Patotelli, stevedot22, MrBati, babalolaabayo, HelenBee, Shalombrain, melody91, meneski, KingKunleClown, Hafiz52, BigChest, ManBeast, hay2zed50, chizko4me, EvangelOdoyi, ellahzy, johnkay1, seunadeolu, sheycrown kiss everyone...it's the anniversary edition! grin

SPIRITUAL FORTIFICATION

Sister Esther felt challenged. There could not be a witch in the compound where she lived and was serving a living God. At the next service since the revelation at the council of elders’ meeting, she took the matter to the intercessory prayer unit of the church where she was deputy leader. No sooner had she finished her submission did the group rally and began to cast and bind. They released curses and fire upon the witches and wizards in Sister Esther’s compound and all other witches and wizards wherever they were congregated for one solid hour. After that, they decided they would visit the compound for prayers and sanctification. Sister Esther found time in between the world cup matches to invite everyone for the purification and fortification of Number 225 Katakata Street against witches and wizards that was coming up that same evening. There was no time to waste. The alleged witch had been gone for a week and no one knew when she was returning. They had to be prepared. There was no time.

“Have you heard that Esther is organizing a crusade?” Josiah said as the men gathered.

“I have heard. It is not a crusade. Spiritual fortification she called it.”

“What is that one, now?”

“Crusade is to spread the word and win souls. This one is to concentrate the word and destroy a wicked soul.”

“Hian!”

“Yes.”

“Okay o!”

“So what is the council doing today?”

“Lukman has to come and explain himself, and tell us why we should not hand him over to the police.”

“But what did he really do wrong?”

“Are you asking that question?”

“Well, as far as I know, he did not push the girl. He did not even talk to her.”

“He incited her brother.”

“Look, let it not be that that boy was right that we are after trivialities. I would rather we concern ourselves with other matters.”

“Like what?”

“Can’t you see what is going on in the country? Can’t you see all the deaths and killings everywhere? If it is not trailer falling and burning people, it is wife killing husband, man killing daughter, herdsmen massacring people. There is too much bloodshed in this Buhari government.”

“That is why we want to stop Lukman. We have been in the news once after Awero and her children. We don’t want to a second time.”

“All the best with that. If it were me, I won’t show up. Go and call the police.”

“Do you know that Femi Adesina came and said that there were more deaths under the PDP government compared to this APC government?”

“He is an imb*cile. What do they serve in that Aso Rock that makes respectable journalists turn into idiots the moment they step their foot there? Formally, it was Reuben Abati. Segun Adeniyi was even okay because he spoke for the fatal Yar’Adua. But this Adesina guy. How can a thinking man say that?”

“They place no value on human life. Death has now become so prevalent it is only a matter of statistics and politics. How many died today? Okay, last week it was so-so number. And then we move on.”

“The night of the Otedola bridge disaster, we managed to have light and I tuned the TV stations to see what was going on. I was shocked to see that they were not even talking about it. Some were showing bottom-shaking women in music videos and others were showing Mexican and Philipino soap operas. If this was abroad, CNN and the rest of them will stop all nonsense broadcast and take their cameras there! Here, nothing.”

“Na wa o. May God help us.”

“That is precisely the problem. We hand everything over to God and do nothing!”

“At least we have God. One with God is majority.”

“Nonsense saying and nonsense mentality.”

“At least the world cup is here to cheer us.”

“Don’t worry it will end and reality will return.”

“But what do you want me to do na? Do I have the apparatus of government? If I say let me go and protest now they will beat me up like they did to madam Oby the other day.”

“They didn’t beat her up; they just stopped her and collected her placard. At least she did something. You too, do something. We all must rise up. Every crisis you see or hear about, close or far away will one day affect you.”

“Guy, let’s talk about the world cup.”

“I agree with you.”

“He who has ears let him hear.”

“The two GOATS are out now. How refreshing.”

“It goes to show that football is a team sport. Even Maradona acknowledged that he could not have won the world cup without his teammates.”

“He was a proper team man. Have you looked at Messi and Ronaldo in their national colours closely? They both cast forlorn figures when things are not going their way. Ronaldo is narcissistic. Messi wants to pick the team. Imagine that Dybala did not kick a ball this world cup. Just because he is not friends with Messi. Their teammates generally ignore them. In Maradona’s time, when he had a bad game, he always had his mates rally round to pick him up. With these GOATS, it is not so.”

“Maybe a new GOAT will emerge now that they are both gone. Step up Neymar and Hazard.”

“There is only one GOAT. Messi.”

“Whatever.”

“You go attend the prayer?” Irikefe said to Castro.

“Yes. I told you I will take my God seriously from now on.”

“Because of witch.”

“Yes. There is no shame in that.”

“So you no go follow me go club for Apapa again?”

“Get behind me Satan.”

“Hahahaha.”

“You don see that Achike new brother?”

“I see am o.”

“Make person no find the guy trouble o.”

“Why?”

“You no see him shape? E resemble hunter.”

“Well, you now have a rival. I can’t wait for you two to fight. You think it is me that you do anyhow? This one go beat you give you sand to chop.”

“Sharaaap. Ewu Gambia.”

At about 5pm, a fourteen-seater bus pulled up in front of the compound. Sister Esther came down from the front passenger seat and waited for everyone to alight. As soon as they had all come down and the bus zoomed off Sister Esther hollered, “Praise the Lord!”

“Hallelujah!” the band echoed. Then they burst into a song directing the devil to the lake of fire and then jumped the gutter one after the other into the compound.

Castro had had chairs arranged in the frontage similar to how they did for Maya’s ill-fated Introduction, with a plastic table at the top of the rows to serve as pulpit. The leader of the group was a bulky man in his mid-thirties with an angry tone and vengeful mien. You could be sure that if he had seen Mama Akunna he could have wrestled her to the ground.

“Children of God how can you allow a witch to dwell in your midst?” He wondered aloud. “Suffer not a witch to liiiiiiiiiiive!” he thundered. “Jump on your feet, everyone! If you want to box the witch, box it. If you want to stamp on it, stamp! If you want to bite it, bite! For the next one hour, I want to see you taking a violent action against this evil entity after which we will match round this compound and anoint it and no demon in hell can ever come near!”

“Amen!”

“If they enter they will dieeeeeee!”

“Amen!”

“If they are already inside they will dieeeeeee!”

“Amen!”

“If they are about to enter they will fall down and dieeeeeee!”

“Amen!”

“Now, attack!”

And so the prayer band and compound members gathered started throwing punches in the air and stamping the ground and biting the air and clapping hands and shaking heads as they condemned the witches and wizards to the punishment that suited them. Then after an hour, they stopped and marched round the compound with bottles of olive oil which they splattered all over Number 225.

Josephine approached Ndifreke where he sat alone at the soakaway after the prayer band had left and everyone dispersed. He was lost in his thoughts and did not see her coming. He jolted to his feet when he felt her hips touch his and her soft perfume waft through.

“Sit down joor” Josephine said.

Ndifreke looked around and then slowly sat back, leaving adequate space between them.

“Why do you do this?”

“Do what?”

“Act like I’m a plague.”

“I don’t. I just wasn’t expecting you.”

“Shyness doesn’t fit you.”

“I’m not shy.”

“I hear.”

They fell silent. People were passing and throwing them glances. Ndifreke could not ignore the cleavages and creamy thighs her low-neck blouse and bum short put in his line of vision.

“Sit still Ndifreke. This is what you need. If she isn’t watching us now, someone will tell her. Text her later tonight and see if she won’t reply.”

“What are you talking about?”

“Maya. I know she hasn’t been talking to you. And all the while the prayer was going on you were only interested in catching her eyes.”

“How do you know that from where you stood?”

“Was it not so?”

“I don’t have to answer that.”

Josephine smiled and shifted, closing the gap between them.

"Let me help you, again. Nothing works like jealousy. If she thinks another woman is hitting on you, she will come running back. And you know what we did to her already.”

“I see.”

“Trust me on this and sit still. And for heaven's sake loosen up.”

Ndifreke involuntarily took a deep breath, soaking in her sweet smell.

“Good boy,” she said and chuckled again.

“Why did you stand there with your visitor dressed like this and almost necking with him while the rest of us were on this side praying? You don’t think that was disrespectful?”

She shrugged and said, “It’s a free world. I have nothing against praying but I had a guest. We couldn’t stay inside because of the heat so we came outside. I also didn’t want to drive out with him so we stood there.”

“It didn’t look nice nurse. I thought I should tell you.”

“And you following every body movement of Maya’s with your eyes when you should be praying was worse. In my case I made it obvious I didn’t want to pray. But you, you were there pretending to be praying but the whole time you were thinking about having sex with someone who was actually praying.”

“For heaven’s sake Josephine!”

“Oh, you think I don’t know that that is all men think about?”

“Don’t be ridiculous.”

“Give her time. She’s a small girl.”

“Do you think it is medical? Like post-traumatic stress disorder? Or is it that after everything that happened she realized she was mistaken about love?”

“It could be both, to be honest. PTSD is real and mostly denied in our society. The good thing is that we are built rugged, and people overcome it without even realizing it was there in the first place. As for love, those four months that that thing grew in her womb and messed up her system as much as it did would have made her see things in a different light.”

“Meaning?"

“Where did all the I love you-I love you lead? Bed. What happened in bed? Sex. What did sex do to her? Pregnancy. What did pregnancy do to her? Incapacitation.”

“But that is not the fault of love. Had we taken correct precaution all that would not have happened.”

“So why didn’t you take correct precaution?”

“I don’t know,” Ndifreke said and looked away.

“Always use a condom homeboy.”

“Thank you.”

“Let’s go to my room.”

“Don’t be silly Josephine. Your boyfriend just left.”

“We didn’t have sex. It’s still tight.”

“That’s not what I mean, and don’t be so raw.”

“So what do you mean?”

“You have a boyfriend and you want me to come to your room?”

“So?”

“That is called cheating, nurse.”

“No, it isn’t.”

“Educate me.”

“You cheat when you are in love and yet sleep with another.”

“So you don’t love him?”

“I don’t.”

“Why are you with him if you don’t love him?”

“What planet are you from?”

“I love Maya. So that rules me out.”

“A man can be in love with a woman and sleep with another and his love for the first is not threatened. Not so for a woman.”

“Are we really having this conversation, nurse?”

“You are an insanely attractive man and I want you.”

“Stop it, nurse.”

“You will cheat on Maya eventually. I’m offering you the chance to do it with someone you will not regret being with. This offer is not open forever.”

Ndifreke wanted to say something but swallowed instead.

“Why did you want to hug me when we were alone the other time after you were playing St Paul when I entered your room?"

“I don’t know. I guess I was just overwhelmed with gratitude and didn’t know how else to show it.”

“Nonsense.”

“What do you mean?”

“That was your true nature coming to the fore."

“Come on nurse.”

“If I had hugged you I would have made sure we stayed there a while and I would have put my hand in your trousers and brought out your dick and sucked it.”

“Nurse Josephine!”

“We would have had sex and then you would have jumped up and pretended as if you didn’t want it and then say it was a mistake and maybe even call me names.”

“You have a wild imagination.”

“I want it to be that when we have it; we do so consciously because we both want to. And then afterward you will have a thing or two to teach your little girlfriend.”

“I will tell your boyfriend when next he comes,” Ndifreke said.

“No you won’t,” Josephine said and stood. She put her hands through the opening of her blouse under her armpits and adjusted her bra, twisting her waist in the process and allowing her eminent behind to bubble within his line of vision. His erection was instant.

“I’ll be waiting for you. Tonight,” she said and swayed away.

Ndifreke’s heart rate tripled as he watched her retreat. It was four months he was last with Maya. He wanted a woman. He wanted Josephine.
As he stood to go inside the compound a green keke parked and Mama Akunna alighted carrying her baby grandchild. Though they had only finished praying, inhabitants of number 225 Katakata Street who were standing outside fled in different directions, mostly into the compound and into their rooms.

The witch was back. The nurse's room was not where Ndifreke now wanted to be found.

TO BE CONTINUED

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by eitsei(m): 5:00pm On Jul 03, 2018
mama akunna don become eru jeje
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by calamus(m): 5:08pm On Jul 03, 2018
Centino:
... kiss everyone...it's the anniversary edition! grin
SPIRITUAL FORTIFICATION

Sister Esther felt challenged.

I actually scrolled the whole post to observe its length before reading.
Now that I am satisfied, let me leave this comment before I read.

Modified: grin grin thanks for the update... things have begun to happen. just small stains here and there is what Mama Akunna needed to dilute the efficacy of the prayer... Waiting for next episode

monalicious:

...We, your fans, are also doing you a favour by reading it...

Aunty, nobody is doing anybody any favour here. Even he did not say he was doing us a favour by writing the story.
If you think that the story will lose followership if you stop reading today, you are welcome to try.

People never see the things you got correctly; it's the one mistake you made that makes the headline... SMH

10 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (263) (Reply)

Countless (a story of Sex, Betrayal and vengeance) by Darousmart Emmanuel.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.