Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,207 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

Number 225 Katakata Street - Literature (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Number 225 Katakata Street (1319044 Views)

[MUST READ] Welcome To Lagos: Danfo Palavas (very Funny) / Welcome To The US. / Welcome To My Street (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (263) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by msylva2147(m): 7:06am On Jun 24, 2018
Centino:
NEXT UPDATE ON WEDNESDAY 27/6/18. Situation beyond my control please. Thanks for your understanding kiss
thanks so much for enlightening many and the same time putting a smile on so many faces, in fact you are one of your kind. Sorry to ask ooo not that I'm asking for too much but for the progress of the super eagles I don't know if you can make your update before Nigeria vs Argentina match because I saw where someone prophesy that since you have updated in the mid week Nigeria will beat Ice Land comfortably which they did. So I was of the opinion that maybe you are part and parcel of super eagle's progress with your update.

2 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Kaycee9242(m): 12:10pm On Jun 24, 2018
msylva2147:
thanks so much for enlightening many and the same time putting a smile on so many faces, in fact you are one of your kind. Sorry to ask ooo not that I'm asking for too much but for the progress of the super eagles I don't know if you can make your update before Nigeria vs Argentina match because I saw where someone prophesy that since you have updated in the mid week Nigeria will beat Ice Land comfortably which they did. So I was of the opinion that maybe you are part and parcel of super eagle's progress with your update.

So true brother, I wish it will be possible for Centino to grant dis humble request

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Macdow(m): 1:25pm On Jun 24, 2018
Being the President of 'Ghost Readers Association of Nairaland' for ages, but because of your story, today I make my very first comment. Centino, you is the Man!

Your story isn't just entertaining, but enlightening and illuminating as well. I say with all honesty that, since I got hold of this piece, I've had a change of perspective about some delicate issues of life. Saying I've gotten more education and knowledge from whence I started on this story, would an understatement and gross injustice to you and this masterpiece.

I make bold to say, everyday now I see life with a new light . I could have a thousand and one regrets, but reading your masterpiece ain't one of them. Rather, if I have achieved two things since the start of the this year, getting hooked on your piece is certainly one.

THANK YOU Centino

9 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by WHOcarex: 2:16pm On Jun 24, 2018
Nothing go happen to efe jor. Witch nor dey fit penetrate strong mind

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by winie(f): 3:36pm On Jun 24, 2018
Have not logged into nairaland for close to, if not more than 5 years. I logged in to say bravo! Centino you are good! My world!

2 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by bookiesondebt: 6:57pm On Jun 24, 2018
winie:
Have not logged into nairaland for close to, if not more than 5 years. I logged in to say bravo! Centino you are good! My world!
U say 5 years....??

do the maths wella.
2018-2015=.....

3 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by seunadeolu(m): 7:31pm On Jun 24, 2018
Nothing do you baba, Na you be undisputed champion, choose your battles conveniently cool

Baba can you make it Tuesday?.. We want it to synchronize with the Naija game!(maybe Mama Akuna jazz can twerk the game in our favor grin grin)

Centino:
NEXT UPDATE ON WEDNESDAY 27/6/18. Situation beyond my control please. Thanks for your understanding kiss

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by cenaman(m): 10:37pm On Jun 24, 2018
Centino:
situation beyond ur control? yeah i understand Argentina vs Nigeria will be the topic of discusion between ur amerbor neigbor. prove me wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by mrsnow94(m): 10:46pm On Jun 24, 2018
Wow! Finally caught up.

I was waiting to get to the latest update b4 saying something.
'centino' ure really doing a great work here, i must say that this piece of writing is very hillarious, educative, imformative..etc...lyk b4 nw i couldnt imagine wat wz going on in those public houses uve let me in behind those walls..
.keep hiting us with ur works we await ur next update ..more data to ur sim...
..Ghost Mode Deactivated..
#Mrsnow94#

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Nobody: 12:50am On Jun 25, 2018
Centino:

Kingso23 pls where did you get that from? I miss my jagugu88li.
That food section has been keepimg me busy. Let me read.........page 29..... grin

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by princessConfy(f): 7:07am On Jun 25, 2018
centino baba... you are too much.
Although you spoilt my Sunday I know you'll compensate adequately on Wednesday.
I love your handiwork, please mention me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Vulcanheph(m): 10:57am On Jun 25, 2018
I have been on Naira land only for a few months and i have always Skiped your story only started reading your story a few days ago and i Love it.

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by xavier047: 11:47am On Jun 25, 2018
Centino:
Chaiii, see as this post take dull me sad sad sad,

i had carried out some pre-reading exercise, sharpen my eyes, buy data, come lie down for one sexy position and arrange one chilled glass of juice with one loaded toast bread to accompany the liquid..... now the toast bread come dey taste like burnt corn grin grin grin

well Centino, i trust say you go deliver and surprise us with two episodes cool cool on the appointed date

2 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by timstone(m): 12:40pm On Jun 25, 2018
*VOTING IS STILL IN PROGRESS TILL JUNE 30th*
*_PLEASE CAST A VOTE FOR ME TODAY_*

*JUST ONE VOTE A DAY FROM YOU CAN MAKE A HUGE DIFFERENT*

*JUST 7 DAYS TO GO...* _PLS, LET'S CONTINUE THE GOOD WORK YOU'VE STARTED FOR ME_

Visit http://prestigeanchor.com/vote/

Scroll down to *Students CEO of the Year* Category and vote for me (Vote * Ifunanya ukachukwu * ) as *Student CEO of the Year* in the ongoing Award voting Process of PALEC AWARDS to be hosted at the University of Benin Students Leadership Conference on the 7th of July 2018 .

Vote via �
http://prestigeanchor.com/vote/

Kindly do help in casting your vote to enable me get " *Eulogised as a Trailblazer at the Grand Finale at University of Benin, Festus Iyayi Hall come July 7th, 2018 by 10am."*

_* Voting is once in a day till June 30th & you can use all different browsers on you phone or system to vote*_ ....Have a Blissful week

*Pls, also help me tell your friends & contacts to login and vote for me.*

_Thanks a million for all your efforts since the voting began._
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by donielord(m): 7:14pm On Jun 25, 2018
Centino:
bros you geh mouth jarey, I respect you. Please do mention me cool

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by MhiztaRange(m): 10:10pm On Jun 25, 2018
savvy

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 4:41pm On Jun 26, 2018
lakesman1, moposh, seunadeolu, DivineFavour, yungkels, Ololade1999, melodyogonna, msylva2147, Macdow, winie, mrsnow94, princessConfy, Vulcaheph, xavier047, donielord, MhiztaRange...

I did this one in a hurry, partly to accede to the request to update before the Nigeria match and also for the reason that I don't know the state I'll be in after the match, making tomorrow severely threatened grin. Thanks for the comments above, especially to you Macdow. Nice to know my Katakata is really useful. Welcome man!

CHISCO

Maya was discharged two days later after Ndifreke received his unexpected largesse. He made it to the hospital early before the doctor did his ward round and paid the bill and waited outside in the taxi he had chartered. Maya came through the hospital gate in the company of her little sister Clementina. She looked pale and emaciated but Ndifreke still felt his heart do a backflip when he set his eyes on her. It would have been difficult to convince a person who was seeing Maya for the first time that she could look any better. She moved with the same grace as before even though more gingerly and when she stopped to smile reassuringly to her sister you could still see that glow in her face that soothed Ndifreke and made darkness to feel like daylight to him. He jumped out of the cab and held open the door of the backseat and looked pleadingly into her eyes as she stopped and considered going in the opposite direction.

“Please my dear,” He said to her. “You can’t walk home neither should you consider an okada or keke. Please let me do this for you my love.” It was because one or two passersby stopped in curiousity that Maya accepted the offer and took the backseat of the cab.

“Sit in front,” she said to Ndifreke, who nodded and ushered Clementina into the cab beside her sister before taking his position as commanded. They rode back in silence.

Achike sat on a stool in the frontage and held his face in his two hands while tapping his feet and watching the road. Today his brother Chisco was joining him in Lagos. He did not know what prompted him to put his latest picture on facebook. The comment from his uncle, which he deleted as soon as he saw it, was one that was going to change his life forever. “Stay there in Lagos and be chopping and let your stomach continue to grow big. The spirit of your late father, my brother is watching you as you have allowed your only brother to rotten here in the village.” He had immediately deleted the comment and made a phone call to his uncle. Achike was the only one in his village who had not trained anybody his uncle reminded him. Everyone else found a way to help their relations as soon as they made it in the city but Achike chose to eat alone and then put such a provocative “belleful picture” for the world to see. It was not that he did not want to bring Chisco to Lagos Achike explained again; it was because he lived in one room and was only now beginning to make headway in life with his retail okrika bsiness. Bringing Chisco any earlier would have been premature. His uncle reminded him that he had lived in that same one room with another boy fron that village whom everyone called his brother before the boy succeeded in relocating to Malaysia and left the room for him. So he should carry Chisco, who would also try to forge a life for himself and who knows, may also become the catalyst for something better for Achike. Achike knew that Chisco was not going to be any catalyst for anything. Chisco was lazy, gluttonous and headstrong and bringing him into a compound that already had boys like Castro and Irikefe filled him with dread. But that day had arrived. And as he sat there thinking and watching the human traffic that poured in and out of 225 Katakata Street, an okada pulled up and Chisco jumped down, paid the bike man and ran into the compound like he had lived there all his life. Achike stood as Chisco jumped on him.

“Big bros, Nna ehn…. God bless you,” Chisco said, “So today I don reach Lagos, chai Chineekee!” He was twenty-three. About the same height as Achike with a face as round as an eggroll as Irikefe later described him and everything else that suggested that with something like a hundred meals in the future he would have a stomach exactly like Achike’s. As soon as he Achike showed him to their room and he dropped his bag, he said to his brother “I dey go Russia.”

“You have only just arrived in Lagos, you this nonsense boy. Let me show you around the compound. Find something and eat and let me tell you what you have to know about life in this city.”

“Big bros. Na France and Denmark, Australia and Peru this afternoon before Nigeria go play for night. I no go miss anyone. As okada dey bring me I see one place wey boys stand plenty for this street. Make I reach there I dey come.”

Achike opened his mouth to speak but Chisco had already bundled away. It was not any less than he expected from his brother. Now he had to worry about this new problem even as he battled with the heartbreak of seeing Josephine bring a man to the compound the other night. And a while ago Ndifreke returned to the compound with Maya and was behaving as if he was bringing Queen Elizabeth. Everything was just annoying him.

Some of the men were in front of the shop Talabi had abandoned discussing the world cup.

“Ehen, who was mocking the Nigerian team that they will not score against Iceland? The same Musa that someone here said would not score because Messi could not score against the same opposition became our savior. Una see life? Man proposes God disposes.

“True. The guy just likes to play at the world cup. He has done nothing since he also scored at the last world cup and now he is outshining Messi.”

“Speaking of Messi, wetin dey do the guy nau? Una GOAT. Not even one goal so far?

“Why are you calling him a goat?”

“GOAT means greatest of all time. Many say he is the best player ever. But this world cup so far Ronaldo is not only outperforming him, he also grew a goatie to emphasise the point.

“I agree. Ronaldo is better. It is at the world cup that we get to see world-class players. Without Xavi and Iniesta Messi is a sheep. He has been a fraud all the while.”

“Messi has helped his team, FC Barcelona, win 32 trophies -- including nine Spanish Liga titles and four in the Champions League. He led the Argentine national team to the gold medal at the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games and brought them victory at the FIFA Under-20 World Cup in 2005. He's also got 5 Ballon d'Or awards, 5 Golden Shoes and holds the Guinness World Record for the most goals officially scored in a season - 50 in the 2011-12 La Liga season. Underestimate him at your own peril.”

“And what of Ronaldo? You want to hear of his own achievement. You are only as good as your last match. And on the evidence of what is happening now, Ronaldo is the real GOAT.”

“For me, the GOAT issue has long been settled even if Argentina exits the world cup after the game with us. Xavi summarised it best. Ronaldo is the best player on earth and Messi is from another planet. Players like that can turn up at any time. Form is temporary but class is permanent. Pray that tonight is not when he turns up.”

“Gentlemen, let us not allow this football of a thing distract us from what is going on in our country. Did you people see the budget drama? How those buffoons in the national assembly cut money from where they should not cut and then introduced laughable projects of their own and presented the President with a heavily padded budget he still signed because he did not want to waste any more time? Where else can such nonsense happen? Can you imagine cutting the allocation for the rehabilitation of the Lagos Ibadan Expressway and then introducing banal constituency projects that should be handled by State and Local Governments? What about the killings in Plateau? They deployed five hundred policemen and two helicopters to guide them during their APC convention and yet citizens are left defenseless.”

“The Plateau killing is ethnic cleansing. It’s genocide.”

Em come, please take it easy. There is a reason why we have the world cup now. God wants to relieve our tension. We have match today, let us enjoy that. Tomorrow we can worry about the problems of Nigeria that never ends. Meanwhile, who is the guy I just saw you with Achike?”

“He is my younger brother Chisco.”

“Why him eye sharp like person wey dey remove chicken for fence for night?”

“When you meet him you ask him. He will beat the living daylight out of you. You think he is all these coward Lagos boys. Let him put those hands he uses to cultivate cassava on your jaw then you will know yourself.”

“So where has he gone to?”

“To watch the afternoon matches. He likes a crowd. And a whole lot of things you will all find out soon enough.”

Lukman looked in the mirror as he worked and saw that Irikefe had entered the shop quietly and sat on the waiting couch. It was unusual for Irikefe to remain quiet, but Lukman chose not to be bothered. He carved the forehead of his latest client and put a parting as the man liked it and then applied powder on a horsetail brush and finished the job. This was the last client for the afternoon. All he needed to do now was throw Irikefe out of his shop and then go out to watch the afternoon match.

Irikefe stood preening at the mirror and said “Bros Lukman, This my bearbear no wan grow. Can I apply relaxer?”

“What do you want?”

Without looking at him, Irikefe said, “Maya is back.”

“So? Why are you telling me?”

“You nearly caused her death.”

“Get out of here.”

“Bros you big pass that na.”

“Before I open my eye, comot for here.”

“Meanwhile on Saturday one man come here come fvck the nurse till morning. And you nearly killed Maya for nothing.”

Lukman’s hands were shaking as he cleaned a clipper. He turned and began to arrange the small cabinet that contained hair creams, treatments and other items of his trade.

“Didn't you see the Camry that was parked here on Sunday morning? It belonged to the guy. Him tall like Michael Jordan. I went to the door to listen. Nurse just dey shout ooh! Aah! Ooh! Aah! Give it to me, give it to me!”

“God punish your papa.”

“The council of elders has asked that you be present on Saturday. You are charged with attempted murder. All for woman wey no even know say you dey exist. She does not play in your league you hear? Mama Cowbell housegirl don dey get breast. Make you manage that one.”

Lukman removed the shoe from his right leg and threw it at Irikefe who had positioned himself at the entrance of the shop in readiness to flee. He docked and the shoe flew past him. He then stuck out a tongue at Lukman and ran into the street.

TO BE CONTINUED.

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by KpagoGIN(m): 4:52pm On Jun 26, 2018
Present on this one....... MAYA is back!

2 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by pgodson7(m): 5:08pm On Jun 26, 2018
confirm! wud love to see a scenario of freke and nurse getting it down tho
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Macdow(m): 6:31pm On Jun 26, 2018
Thanks for the acknowledgement and most importantly, the unexpected update. I hope the Super Eagles compliment your gesture by giving us a win against the Argentines today grin.

Meanwhile, 225 Katakata is a gift that keeps on giving.

2 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 9:55pm On Jun 26, 2018
pgodson7:
confirm! wud love to see a scenario of freke and nurse getting it down tho

grin grin grin

Badt guy.

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 9:58pm On Jun 26, 2018
Macdow:
Thanks for the acknowledgement and most importantly, the unexpected update. I hope the Super Eagles compliment your gesture by giving us a win against the Argentines today grin.

Meanwhile, 225 Katakata is a gift that keeps on giving.

Dem fall our hand bros undecided
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 10:16pm On Jun 26, 2018
MhiztaRange:
savvy

Man, just saw your submission over at the June writer of the month thread. Now that's something. Thanks.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by yungkels(m): 10:33pm On Jun 26, 2018
Centino never disappoints...

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Ann2012(f): 10:35pm On Jun 26, 2018
Thanks for the update Centino

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by meneski(m): 11:09pm On Jun 26, 2018
hmmm thanks bro... My tomoro ehn... Super eagles ehn...

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by lakesman1(m): 11:57pm On Jun 26, 2018
now we have a new guy at 225 katakata strreet so we relax and see what stuff he is made of. Maya is back nd nurse dey her lane I guess. but when will mama akunna go come back?!!!

centino thanks for this update. it came at the right to time cuz 9ja footballers short lived the vibes and todae I got to know the real meaning of heart break
and thanks for mentioning my name too. I couldn't believe u are following the tread too o know those who change from their previous club
plz the nezt episode shud contain more ana lysis of the match #nga v arg. I sense racism in that match

2 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by mrsnow94(m): 1:15am On Jun 27, 2018
Thanks 4 d upda8..
I tought Talabi ran away..pls check ur 1st line

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by chizko4me(m): 6:52am On Jun 27, 2018
Thanks for the mention #CENTINO @(Chisco)........ For giving it a thought and the update don relief my tension from the Nigeria match.
It also give us the reader the joy to know dat you follow and also go through our comment.
Chisco is a good footballer, a midfielder, and pass the ball with easy. 225 katakata na bomb.
grin shocked
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Nobody: 8:35am On Jun 27, 2018
Tanc
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 9:07am On Jun 27, 2018
mrsnow94:
Thanks 4 d upda8..

I tought Talabi ran away..pls check ur 1st line

He did. I only mentioned his "abandoned shop".

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (263) (Reply)

Countless (a story of Sex, Betrayal and vengeance) by Darousmart Emmanuel.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.