Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,143 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:45 AM

Is Catholics Praying To Dead Saints Biblical? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Catholics Praying To Dead Saints Biblical? (16084 Views)

Why Don't Catholics Eat Meat/flesh On Good Friday? / Catholics And Protestants Fight Inside A Bus In Anambra State (videos) / Catholics And Traditional Rulers Battle Over NYSC Camp In Imo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Catholics Praying To Dead Saints Biblical? by blueAgent(m): 8:27pm On Jul 18, 2017
easymancfc:

.I already answered that before.. but in case you didnt see it...

Bro you need to study your Bible more... The Elders are humans and theBible only tells of 2 people who never died but were taken up to heaven... Enoch (gen 5:24) and Elijah (2 kings 2:12)..The Word Elder comes from the greek word "presbyteros" which is found 67 times in the New testament first for the leaders of the synagogue ( mat 15:2, 21:23, mark 11:27, 14:53 etc) and for the apostles and those they ordained ( acts 11:30, 14:23, 1 peter 5:1, 2 jn 1:1, 3 jn 1:1)Now take note JOHN IS HAVING A VISION OF HEAVEN AND WE ARE ONLY AWARE OF TWO PEOPLE WHO WENT TO HEAVEN WITHOUT DEATH.... AND SO THESE ELDERS MUST HAVE DIED AND RECEIVED THE CROWN OF GLORY....ON HEBREWS 12:1, YES THEY ARE DEAD BECAUSE HEBREWS 11 WAS TALKING ABOUT OUR EXAMPLES OF FAITH, FROM ABRAHAM TO MOSES TO RAHAB ETC... ALL OF WHOM ARE DEAD... AND SINCE THEY ARE BIBLICAL EXAMPLES OF FAITH THEN THEY ARE "SAINTS" since the bible is infallible and inerrant...take Hebrews 12:1 is a continuations of Hebrews 11 and in the original manuscripts there was not chapter and verse, that was done in later times

"And when he [the Lamb-Christ] had taken it, the
four living creatures and the twenty-four elders
fell down before the Lamb. Each one had a harp
and they were holding golden bowls full of
incense, which are the prayers of the saints."
In this passage both the 4 living creatures and 24
elders bow before the Lamb and hold the bowls
of incense. Where does it say they are saints? The
4 living creatures are presumably cherubim
based on Ezekiel 1, but cherubim are not saints,
they are heavenly beings. The 24 elders are not
defined and have been a topic of various
interpretations among scholars and theologians.
They may represent the people of God through
the ages, but we are not sure. However, one thing
is certain, they are not the object of prayer.
Throughout the book of Revelation, it is God and
the Lamb (Jesus Christ) who are always the focal
point of worship, honour and praise.
The book of Revelation again is filled with
apocalyptic language and is highly symbolic.
There are saints in heaven to be sure (Hebrews
12:22-24), but nowhere are we told that they hear
our prayers and intercede for us. Hebrews
12:22-24 seeks to show that the Church exists on
two levels, the heavenly and earthly level, the
Church is both in heaven and earth. Those who
seek to prove that saints can be addressed in
prayer are clearly reading into the text of Rev.5:8
what is not there. Nowhere does it say that the 24
elders are saints, but rather that they offer up the
prayers of the saints to God perhaps as
representatives. Even angels perform the same
duty of offering up the prayers of the saints
(Revelation 8:3-4), but that does not mean they
are redeemed saints. ALL who are in Christ Jesus
are "saints" (1 Corinthians 1:2), they do not need
to go through a process of canonization as Rome
has it today. Thus, the saints exist on 2 planes,
heavenly (those who have died) and earthly (those
who are still alive on earth).
Re: Is Catholics Praying To Dead Saints Biblical? by Tampinu(m): 8:34pm On Jul 18, 2017
easymancfc:

Here's a better question... why does it have to compare with that verse

I provided evidence that men of Rome destroyed the Faith...You argued about the validity of my report.

Now I provided you another Biblical passage to support my initial comments re: Men of Rome destroyed the Faith then you are asking how or why my 2nd comment should relate to the original.

Look my brother, it's been nice reasoning with thee.

Have a great evening and enjoy your Roman Catholic ride....Vavavoooom! grin
Re: Is Catholics Praying To Dead Saints Biblical? by blueAgent(m): 8:35pm On Jul 18, 2017
[quote author=easymancfc post=58590167]

Bro you need to study your Bible more... The Elders are humans and theBible only tells of 2 people who never died but were taken up to heaven... Enoch (gen 5:24) and Elijah (2 kings 2:12)..The Word Elder comes from the greek word "presbyteros" which is found 67 times in the New testament first for the leaders of the synagogue ( mat 15:2, 21:23, mark 11:27, 14:53 etc) and for the apostles and those they ordained ( acts 11:30, 14:23, 1 peter 5:1, 2 jn 1:1, 3 jn 1:1)Now take note JOHN IS HAVING A VISION OF HEAVEN AND WE ARE ONLY AWARE OF TWO PEOPLE WHO WENT TO HEAVEN WITHOUT DEATH.... AND SO THESE ELDERS MUST HAVE DIED AND RECEIVED THE CROWN OF GLORY....ON HEBREWS 12:1, YES THEY ARE DEAD BECAUSE HEBREWS 11 WAS TALKING ABOUT OUR EXAMPLES OF FAITH, FROM ABRAHAM TO MOSES TO RAHAB ETC... ALL OF WHOM ARE DEAD... AND SINCE THEY ARE BIBLICAL EXAMPLES OF FAITH THEN THEY ARE "SAINTS" since the bible is infallible and inerrant...take Hebrews 12:1 is a continuations of Hebrews 11 and in the original manuscripts there was not chapter and verse, that was done in

Revelation 5:11
Then I looked and heard the voice of many
angels, numbering thousands upon thousands,
and ten thousand times ten thousand. They
encircled the throne and the living creatures
and the elders.
1) The heavenly tabernacle was the pattern for
the earthly. Therefore the 24 elders, who are a
priestly class of angels, were the pattern for
the Levitical rotation of priests.
2) Angels wear white garments and crowns
symbolize authority and position.
3) Each heavenly particular of John's vision --
the throne, four living creatures, and millions
of angels are interpreted as literal. Therefore,
there is no biblical precept for spiritualizing
the 24 elders as anything but 24 elders.
Around God's throne are four cherubim,
twenty-four elders, and one hundred million
angels. The twenty-four elders of Revelation
are a priestly order of angels which served as
a pattern for the priestly rotation who
ministered in Solomon's Temple.
Exodus 25:17-19.
Re: Is Catholics Praying To Dead Saints Biblical? by blueAgent(m): 8:43pm On Jul 18, 2017
easymancfc:

Bro you need to study your Bible more... The Elders are humans and theBible only tells of 2 people who never died but were taken up to heaven... Enoch (gen 5:24) and Elijah (2 kings 2:12)..The Word Elder comes from the greek word "presbyteros" which is found 67 times in the New testament first for the leaders of the synagogue ( mat 15:2, 21:23, mark 11:27, 14:53 etc) and for the apostles and those they ordained ( acts 11:30, 14:23, 1 peter 5:1, 2 jn 1:1, 3 jn 1:1)Now take note JOHN IS HAVING A VISION OF HEAVEN AND WE ARE ONLY AWARE OF TWO PEOPLE WHO WENT TO HEAVEN WITHOUT DEATH.... AND SO THESE ELDERS MUST HAVE DIED AND RECEIVED THE CROWN OF GLORY....ON HEBREWS 12:1, YES THEY ARE DEAD BECAUSE HEBREWS 11 WAS TALKING ABOUT OUR EXAMPLES OF FAITH, FROM ABRAHAM TO MOSES TO RAHAB ETC... ALL OF WHOM ARE DEAD... AND SINCE THEY ARE BIBLICAL EXAMPLES OF FAITH THEN THEY ARE "SAINTS" since the bible is infallible and inerrant...take Hebrews 12:1 is a continuations of Hebrews 11 and in the original manuscripts there was not chapter and verse, that was done in later times

"Two men, Moses and Elijah, appeared in
glorious splendor, talking with Jesus. They spoke
about his departure, which he was about to bring
to fulfillment at Jerusalem. "(Luke 9:30-31)
The appearance of Elijah and Moses represented
Jesus' fulfillment of the Law (Moses) and the
Prophets (Elijah). Jesus had said that God was the
God of the living, not the dead, and to Him, all
are alive. (Luke 20:37-38) The Transfiguration
showed that God's servants are alive in His
presence in glory. The Transfiguration was to
show Christ' glory (see 2 Peter 1:17-18), not to
teach us that we can pray to the saints. It is
interesting however, that Elijah and Moses are
never called "saints" per se in Roman Catholic
teaching. You don't hear of St.Moses or prayers
offered to him!
The Protestant charge that the saints cannot
hear our prayers because they are not
omnipresent and infinite like God is a valid
one. How can Mary and the saints hear all
the prayers around the world. Only God can
do this because He is omniscient and
omnipresent. Are the saints as finite beings
omnipresent, omniscient?
Re: Is Catholics Praying To Dead Saints Biblical? by Tampinu(m): 8:47pm On Jul 18, 2017
easymancfc:

Here's a better question... why does it have to compare with that verse

Only a confused person evading the TRUTH would answer a question with a question....lol cheesy

For example:

Tourist At Airport: It's my first time in Nigeria, is it true that Nigerians answer questions with questions?

You: "Who told you so?"

They say a picture speaks a thousand words, I will leave you with a few pictures of world "Faith" leaders meeting with Haile Selassie (NOT FOR HIS IMPACT ON CHRISTIANITY BUT FOR THE RASTAFARIAN MOVEMENT, WHICH MANY PEOPLE TERM AS A "CULT"wink

Enjoy your evening...lol grin

Re: Is Catholics Praying To Dead Saints Biblical? by Tampinu(m): 9:09pm On Jul 18, 2017
Tampinu:

Only a confused person evading the TRUTH would answer a question with a question....lol cheesy

For example:

Tourist At Airport: It's my first time in Nigeria, is it true that Nigerians answer questions with questions?

They say a picture speaks a thousand words, I will leave you with a few pictures of world "Faith" leaders meeting with Haile Selassie (NOT FOR HIS IMPACT ON CHRISTIANITY BUT FOR THE RASTAFARIAN MOVEMENT, WHICH MANY PEOPLE TERM AS A "CULT"wink

Re: Is Catholics Praying To Dead Saints Biblical? by blueAgent(m): 9:13pm On Jul 18, 2017
Tampinu:

Genesis 2:13 (KJV) Psalm 87 (KJV) psalm 68 (KJV)

so what are you insinuating?
Re: Is Catholics Praying To Dead Saints Biblical? by Tampinu(m): 9:15pm On Jul 18, 2017
[quote author=Tampinu post=58594899][/quote]

A few more relevant pictures should mean a few more "thousand words" grin

Re: Is Catholics Praying To Dead Saints Biblical? by Tampinu(m): 9:17pm On Jul 18, 2017
blueAgent:

so what are you insinuating?

I'm insinuating that you have not insinuated your points whilst bearing in mind the points that the above biblical verses are insinuating! cheesy
Re: Is Catholics Praying To Dead Saints Biblical? by Tampinu(m): 9:21pm On Jul 18, 2017
Tampinu:

I'm insinuating that you have not insinuated your points whilst bearing in mind the points that the above biblical verses are insinuating! cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=856KLlyN2_8
Re: Is Catholics Praying To Dead Saints Biblical? by Tampinu(m): 9:55pm On Jul 18, 2017
blueAgent:

"Two men, Moses and Elijah, appeared in
glorious splendor, talking with Jesus. They spoke
about his departure, which he was about to bring
to fulfillment at Jerusalem. "(Luke 9:30-31)
The appearance of Elijah and Moses represented
Jesus' fulfillment of the Law (Moses) and the
Prophets (Elijah). Jesus had said that God was the
God of the living, not the dead, and to Him, all
are alive. (Luke 20:37-38) The Transfiguration
showed that God's servants are alive in His
presence in glory. The Transfiguration was to
show Christ' glory (see 2 Peter 1:17-18), not to
teach us that we can pray to the saints. It is
interesting however, that Elijah and Moses are
never called "saints" per se in Roman Catholic
teaching. You don't hear of St.Moses or prayers
offered to him!
The Protestant charge that the saints cannot
hear our prayers because they are not
omnipresent and infinite like God is a valid
one. How can Mary and the saints hear all
the prayers around the world. Only God can
do this because He is omniscient and
omnipresent. Are the saints as finite beings
omnipresent, omniscient?

You are a snake in the grass, so we are trodding Melchizzedek Way....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN6izmEZ9v0

Re: Is Catholics Praying To Dead Saints Biblical? by easymancfc(m): 11:07pm On Jul 18, 2017
Tampinu:

All the links you shared above are nothing but jargons. You are telling me Israel is more of a Christian Nation than Ethiopia...You are a joker.

Israel is the cradle of Christianity? heh Haba! I rest my case.

Haile Selassie I defender of the FAITH is only known by the Rastafarians? You make me laugh...That the head f the oldest church in the world is not known for Christianity? Do you see the photos below? Do you know his Christian Titles including "Defender of the Faith?"

[b]Tewahedo (Ge'ez ተዋሕዶ) is a Ge'ez word meaning "being made one". This word refers to the Oriental Orthodox belief in the one perfectly unified Nature of Christ; i.e., a complete union of the Divine and Human Natures into one nature is self-evident in order to accomplish the divine salvation of humankind, as opposed to the "two Natures of Christ" belief commonly held by the Roman Catholic and Eastern Orthodox, Anglican, Lutheran and most Protestant Churches. The Oriental Orthodox Churches adhere to a Miaphysitic Christological view followed by Cyril of Alexandria, the leading protagonist in the Christological debates of the 4th and 5th centuries. Miaphysitism holds that in the one person of Jesus Christ, Divinity and Humanity are united in one (μία, mia - "one"wink nature (φύσις - "physis"wink without separation, without confusion, without alteration and without mixing[5] where Christ is consubstantial with God the Father in as much as He is with Mankind. Around 500 bishops within the Patriarchates of Alexandria, Antioch and Jerusalem refused to accept the Dyophysitism (two natures) doctrine decreed by the Council of Chalcedon in 451, an incident that resulted in the first major split in the main body of the Christian Church.[6]

The Oriental Orthodox Churches, which today include the Coptic Orthodox Church of Alexandria, the Armenian Orthodox Church, the Syriac Orthodox Church, the Malankara Orthodox Church of India, the Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church, and the Eritrean Orthodox Tewahedo Church, are referred to as "Non-Chalcedonian", and, sometimes incorrectly by outsiders as "monophysite". Monophysitism is a theology adopted by a 5th-century presbyter and archimandrite in Constantinople known as Eutyches and claims that Christ has "One Single Nature" where His Divinity absorbed His Humanity resulting in a "Simple" mathematical "One" Nature to which the Oriental Orthodox Churches object. According to these, both natures in Christ are perfectly preserved after the union in "mia physis" - One Nature; yet, not resulting in a distinct third Nature.
[/b]

So when the Pope and the heads of all Christian churches worldwide are meeting with Haile Selassie, It's not because of HS's position in Christianity, it is because these church leaders are RastafarI adherents, abi? Maybe it's cos the church leaders wanna smoke some weed and borrow a few reggae tapes, maybe that's why they decided to meet Haile Selassie. HaHahah shocked

Not sure I can reason with you further on these matters. Walk good.... grin

Na today i hear say wikipedia and encyclopaedia brittanica that have historical accuracy, and good listed sources contains jargons....

As for "All" Christian leaders meeting Selassie.. there are several questions to that...

Why did they come to see him?

Did all the Christian leaders see?

Your Pictures are not proof enough...

I can show pictures of Christian leaders meeting different people but that doesnt make them adherents or subject to the him...

Show me an accurate news report of when "All" the Christian leaders including the post meeting with Haile Selassie and the reason for it...

secondly if the pope and the catholic church are apostates then why would Haile Selassie and his adherents want the pope to be among them

1 Like

Re: Is Catholics Praying To Dead Saints Biblical? by easymancfc(m): 11:11pm On Jul 18, 2017
Tampinu:

I provided evidence that men of Rome destroyed the Faith...You argued about the validity of my report.

Now I provided you another Biblical passage to support my initial comments re: Men of Rome destroyed the Faith then you are asking how or why my 2nd comment should relate to the original.

Look my brother, it's been nice reasoning with thee.

Have a great evening and enjoy your Roman Catholic ride....Vavavoooom! grin

No you did not.. You provided a site with no sources with unrelated, uncorellating events... that not proof...
Re: Is Catholics Praying To Dead Saints Biblical? by Tampinu(m): 11:17pm On Jul 18, 2017
easymancfc:

Na today i hear say wikipedia and encyclopaedia brittanica that have historical accuracy, and good listed sources contains jargons....

As for "All" Christian leaders meeting Selassie.. there are several questions to that...

Why did they come to see him?

Did all the Christian leaders see?

Your Pictures are not proof enough...

I can show pictures of Christian leaders meeting different people but that doesnt make them adherents or subject to the him...

Show me an accurate news report of when "All" the Christian leaders including the post meeting with Haile Selassie and the reason for it...

secondly if the pope and the catholic church are apostates then why would Haile Selassie and his adherents want the pope to be among them

Thanks, if my photos are not proof enough, what about my videos? undecided

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb9OS13Nc30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C48tSPwiJEk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9sMAwfE1jw
Re: Is Catholics Praying To Dead Saints Biblical? by easymancfc(m): 11:19pm On Jul 18, 2017
blueAgent:

"And when he [the Lamb-Christ] had taken it, the
four living creatures and the twenty-four elders
fell down before the Lamb. Each one had a harp
and they were holding golden bowls full of
incense, which are the prayers of the saints."
In this passage both the 4 living creatures and 24
elders bow before the Lamb and hold the bowls
of incense. Where does it say they are saints? The
4 living creatures are presumably cherubim
based on Ezekiel 1, but cherubim are not saints,
they are heavenly beings. The 24 elders are not
defined and have been a topic of various
interpretations among scholars and theologians.
They may represent the people of God through
the ages, but we are not sure. However, one thing
is certain, they are not the object of prayer.
Throughout the book of Revelation, it is God and
the Lamb (Jesus Christ) who are always the focal
point of worship, honour and praise.
The book of Revelation again is filled with
apocalyptic language and is highly symbolic.
There are saints in heaven to be sure (Hebrews
12:22-24), but nowhere are we told that they hear
our prayers and intercede for us. Hebrews
12:22-24 seeks to show that the Church exists on
two levels, the heavenly and earthly level, the
Church is both in heaven and earth. Those who
seek to prove that saints can be addressed in
prayer are clearly reading into the text of Rev.5:8
what is not there. Nowhere does it say that the 24
elders are saints, but rather that they offer up the
prayers of the saints to God perhaps as
representatives. Even angels perform the same
duty of offering up the prayers of the saints
(Revelation 8:3-4), but that does not mean they
are redeemed saints. ALL who are in Christ Jesus
are "saints" (1 Corinthians 1:2), they do not need
to go through a process of canonization as Rome
has it today. Thus, the saints exist on 2 planes,
heavenly (those who have died) and earthly (those
who are still alive on earth).

OH SO YOU AGREE NOW THAT THERE ARE SAINTS IN HEAVEN?

WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE A WITNESS (HEB 12:1)

WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO "COME TO," (HEB 12:22-24)
I believe what all those verses say... i just dont agree with your interpretation of them...

What is a saint??

Answer that question then put it back to that verse...

Elders are not angels.... They are neither cherubims nor seraphims...

Elders according to the Bible are human beings... not special beings created...

You are just twisting and wrestling with scriptures...

Angels offer prayers to God also.... Just like the elders do....

How do they get these prayers?

DO THEY INTERCEPT PRAYERS ADDRESSED TO GOD ALONE??
Re: Is Catholics Praying To Dead Saints Biblical? by easymancfc(m): 11:22pm On Jul 18, 2017
blueAgent:

As usual with your half understood Bible verses.

The Soul can be used in place of life.
The Bible says that the soul can work, crave
food, eat, obey laws, and touch a dead body.
( Leviticus 5:2; 7:20; 23:30; Deuteronomy
12:20; Romans 13:1) Those activities involve
the entire person.
Is the soul immortal?
No, the soul can die. Dozens of Bible verses refer
to the soul as being mortal. Here are some
examples:
“The soul that sinneth, it shall die.”—Ezekiel
18:4, 20, King James Version.
In ancient Israel, the punishment for the most
serious offenses was that the “soul shall be cut
off.” ( Exodus 12:15, 19; Leviticus 7:20, 21, 27;
19:8, King James Version) The person would
“be put to death.”—Exodus 31:14, King James
Version.
After a person dies, the literal term “dead soul”
is used for the corpse in some Bible verses.
( Leviticus 21:11, footnote; Numbers 6:6,
footnote) Although many Bible translations use
the terms “dead body” or “dead person” in
those verses, the original Hebrew uses the
word neʹphesh, or “soul.”
“Soul” can mean “life”
The Bible also uses “soul” as a synonym for
“life.” For example, Job 33:22 uses the Hebrew
word for “soul” (neʹphesh) as a parallel for “life.”
Similarly, the Bible shows that a person’s soul, or
life, can be risked or lost.— Exodus 4:19; Judges
9:17; Philippians 2:30.
This use of the word for “soul” helps us to
understand verses in which the soul is said to be
“going out” or “departing.” ( Genesis 35:18; King
James Version) This figure of speech indicates
that the person’s life is ending. Some translations
render this expression at Genesis 35:18 as “she
breathed her last.”—Good News Translation; New
Jerusalem Bible.
Where belief in an immortal soul comes from
Christian denominations that believe in an
immortal soul get this teaching, not from the
Bible, but from ancient Greek philosophy. The
Encyclopædia Britannica says: “Biblical
references to the soul are related to the concept
of breath and establish no distinction between
the ethereal soul and the corporeal body.
Christian concepts of a body-soul dichotomy
originated with the ancient Greeks.”
God does not condone merging his teachings
with human philosophies, such as belief in an
immortal soul. Instead, the Bible warns: “Look
out that no one takes you captive by means of the
philosophy and empty deception according to
human tradition.”— Colossians 2:8

Continue wrestling with scripture... trying to make your heresy fit...

See who's talking about half understood verses.. better unlearn your adventist heresy
Re: Is Catholics Praying To Dead Saints Biblical? by easymancfc(m): 11:24pm On Jul 18, 2017
blueAgent:

The word "soul" can mean anything
other than a living being?
it can also mean (1) life itself, or (2) the
mind, or intellect. No matter which meaning is
intended, the soul is still a combination of two
things (body and breath), and it ceases to exist at
death.

Mattew10:28.
The last half of the
same verse proves that souls do die. It says, "But
rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul
and body in hell." The word "soul" here means
life and refers to eternal life, which is a gift
(Romans 6:23) that will be given to the righteous
at the last day (John 6:54). No one can take away
the eternal life that God bestows.

Amen.. the word soul means different things in the bible...

But in the bible... Death of the soul doesnt mean it ceases to exist... it only means eternal condemnation...
Re: Is Catholics Praying To Dead Saints Biblical? by easymancfc(m): 11:34pm On Jul 18, 2017
Tampinu:

For example:

You made a statement which I refuted suddenly you ask how my response tees up with a bible passage you came up with... Its only right i ask the importance of comparing my response to that bible passage.. Is it suppose to be a yardstick... if so where does that verse say that...

Your logic for bringing that passage is faulty so i have to question it...

P.S. JESUS ANSWERED QUESTIONS WITH QUESTIONS... IS HE CONFUSED TOO?? OR WAS HE ALSO EVADING TRUTH
Re: Is Catholics Praying To Dead Saints Biblical? by easymancfc(m): 11:48pm On Jul 18, 2017
Tampinu:

Thanks, if my photos are not proof enough, what about my videos? undecided

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb9OS13Nc30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C48tSPwiJEk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9sMAwfE1jw

these videos dont answer my question... yes they met... so what...

The first video shows Selassie bowing and kissing the hand of Pope Kyrillios
If Selassie was the head... wouldn't it be the other way around

In the second video.. Selassie came to Rome to see the pope... two questions

Since the Pope and the catholic church is corrupt and apostate, why would Selassie come to see the Pope, bow in respect before him....

If the pope was under him?? why didnt the Pope come to see him instead of Selassie coming...

Lastly... in two of your videos.. I saw rastafari tv

What is the connection between Selassie and Rastafarianism
Re: Is Catholics Praying To Dead Saints Biblical? by Tampinu(m): 11:29pm On Jul 19, 2017
easymancfc:

these videos dont answer my question... yes they met... so what...

The first video shows Selassie bowing and kissing the hand of Pope Kyrillios
If Selassie was the head... wouldn't it be the other way around

In the second video.. Selassie came to Rome to see the pope... two questions

Since the Pope and the catholic church is corrupt and apostate, why would Selassie come to see the Pope, bow in respect before him....

If the pope was under him?? why didnt the Pope come to see him instead of Selassie coming...

Lastly... in two of your videos.. I saw rastafari tv

What is the connection between Selassie and Rastafarianism

Ok...You won.

Good night cool

Re: Is Catholics Praying To Dead Saints Biblical? by blueAgent(m): 9:42am On Jul 20, 2017
easymancfc:

Continue wrestling with scripture... trying to make your heresy fit...

See who's talking about half understood verses.. better unlearn your adventist heresy

Can you refute those bible verses or give alternative explanation for those bible verses?
I know it is your first time of coming across this Bible verses.

Like i said before it is not about Church or personal idea but about what God and his word says. on judgement day their will be no Adventist or Catholic, just you and your maker.

1 Like

Re: Is Catholics Praying To Dead Saints Biblical? by blueAgent(m): 6:46am On Jul 22, 2017
Tampinu:

For example:

You are confused.
Re: Is Catholics Praying To Dead Saints Biblical? by blueAgent(m): 6:55am On Jul 22, 2017
Tampinu:

You are a snake in the grass, so we are trodding Melchizzedek Way....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN6izmEZ9v0

Its obvious you are fusing Afrocentrism with religeon.
Re: Is Catholics Praying To Dead Saints Biblical? by blueAgent(m): 6:57am On Jul 22, 2017
easymancfc:

Amen.. the word soul means different things in the bible...

But in the bible... Death of the soul doesnt mean it ceases to exist... it only means eternal condemnation...

The soul does not live forever.only God has immortality.click here to read with proofs.

https://www.amazingfacts.org/media-library/study-guide/e/4988/t/is-the-devil-in-charge-of-hell-
Re: Is Catholics Praying To Dead Saints Biblical? by blueAgent(m): 7:01am On Jul 22, 2017
easymancfc:

OH SO YOU AGREE NOW THAT THERE ARE SAINTS IN HEAVEN?

WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE A WITNESS (HEB 12:1)

WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO "COME TO," (HEB 12:22-24)
I believe what all those verses say... i just dont agree with your interpretation of them...

What is a saint??

Answer that question then put it back to that verse...

Elders are not angels.... They are neither cherubims nor seraphims...

Elders according to the Bible are human beings... not special beings created...

You are just twisting and wrestling with scriptures...

Angels offer prayers to God also.... Just like the elders do....

How do they get these prayers?

DO THEY INTERCEPT PRAYERS ADDRESSED TO GOD ALONE??

I never said the Saints were in Heaven. the Bible did not mention how the Elders got possession of the prayers ,it could be Heavenly protocol. what is clear is that we are to pray to God through Jesus only.
Re: Is Catholics Praying To Dead Saints Biblical? by easymancfc(m): 7:06am On Jul 22, 2017
blueAgent:

The soul does not live forever.only God has immortality.click here to read with proofs.

https://www.amazingfacts.org/media-library/study-guide/e/4988/t/is-the-devil-in-charge-of-hell-

If the soul does not live forever how are we to spend eternity in heaven
or what is eternity

1 Like

Re: Is Catholics Praying To Dead Saints Biblical? by easymancfc(m): 7:11am On Jul 22, 2017
blueAgent:

I never said the Saints were in Heaven. the Bible did not mention how the Elders got possession of the prayers ,it could be Heavenly protocol. what is clear is that we are to pray to God through Jesus only.

you admitted that in your earlier post...

I ask again... Since prayer is addressed to God through Jesus alone...

How then did the Elders get the prayers with them...

The only way would be if they intercepted them don't you think. Since you dont believe that prayers cant be directed to the saints to God via Jesus...

As for Your Heavenly protocol theory... your to God through Jesus only statement directly renders it null because that it is only "prayer" protocol..
Re: Is Catholics Praying To Dead Saints Biblical? by blueAgent(m): 7:36am On Jul 22, 2017
easymancfc:

The only way would be if they intercepted them don't you think. Since you dont believe that prayers cant be directed to the saints to God via Jesus...

As for Your Heavenly protocol theory... your to God through Jesus only statement directly renders it null because that it is only "prayer" protocol..
Re: Is Catholics Praying To Dead Saints Biblical? by blueAgent(m): 7:36am On Jul 22, 2017
easymancfc:

Show me where i stated that the saints are in Heaven.
Re: Is Catholics Praying To Dead Saints Biblical? by Tampinu(m): 1:13pm On Jul 22, 2017
blueAgent:

What is religion? What is Africa?

Don't get it twisted...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Z-0CwnsfzY

This is the region, no religion! Eh?
Do you hear? Your communion? So much fusion!!!

This one inna dem face shocked

"All now dem are look fi see God come from sky...I beg upon dem Jeezus nah get no reply..."
_Sizzla

Re: Is Catholics Praying To Dead Saints Biblical? by Tampinu(m): 1:39pm On Jul 22, 2017
blueAgent:

We're taking over....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRi8oxWcYt4

Lyrics

Seh wah, mi juss seh bun Babylon but mi nuh care
I ain't giving up, keep on living up, I'm indigenous
Holy Emmanuel I King Selassie Jah Rastafari

Him live and reign in di heart of all flesh
Di conquering lion crown King of Kings
Lord of Lords wid him lioness, so hear mi now?
Repatriation is a must to Ethiopia, Africa

Rastaman wi taking over and we've got nothing to fear
Wi taking over righteousness mi declare
Wi taking over and we've got nothing to fear
Come on, come on mek mi see your hands in di air

Yo cause a full time now let the trumpet sound (Rev 8:7, Rev 11:15)
A full time now Babylon going down
A full time now mek di youth dem wear di crown
Yo inna di country and di town

Hungry be fed, naked be clothed
Sick be nourished, aged protected, infants fi cared for
Mi and Babylon nah go par
Tell dem mi and dutty Babylon always a' war

Nah go dip mi hand inna nuh punk cookie jar
Police bwoy fi locks but a mar him guh mar (Policeman supposed to grow his dreadlocks but he did mar)
Di soldier bwoy fi locks but a mar him guh mar (Soldier supposed to grow his dreadlocks but he did mar)
Through him and di Pope and di bitch waan go par (Because he wants to Par with the Pope and Queen Elizabeth)

Selassie flash di lightening dat mi tell di gun dar
Selassie roll di tunda dat mi tell di gun dar
Dem lost dem ways dem nuh know who dem are
Well, then mi tell yuh your da bright and a morning star

'Nuff a dem a brag 'bout seh dem a top an' all...
King Selassie is di almighty, yaah star
Emmanuel a di higher Priest, yaah star
Marcus a mi black prophet, yaah star

Di black woman she a mi black mother, yaah star
Selassie blaze him golden chalice when
(Fidel) Castro talk 'bout seh dem are smoke dem cuban cigar
Mi smoke mi marijuana inna mi van or mi car! grin

'Cause a full time now rise di youth from di slum
A full time now mek di fiyah gwan bun
A full time now speak di truth from mi tongue
Dutty Babylon yuh going dung yo yo yow

Hear mi nuh hear mi nuh?
Mi nuh trust dem fi a minute nor second
Righteousness a dat mi come fi reckon
Tell dem seh listen wen Selassie beckon shocked
Dem get stubbon through dem start to carry big weapon

Brag 'bout di magnum weh di laser beam deh pon
Man mi shot di bwoy wid a old rusty Smith & Wesson
Couldn't stop di powers weh mi a manifest on
Bun dem out dem cyaan come contest di Rastaman

Mi go sight dem pon di show down
Pagan dem get throw down
Too hype run guh tell dem seh fi slow down
Mystery Babylon dem haffi go down
Dem a huff dem a puff mi building dem cyaan blow down
Written by Ras Muhamad • Copyright © Universal Music Publishing Group[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

"Holy Quran Converted Me To Christianity" Says Imam Sulaiman / Kaigama Replaces Onaiyekan As New Catholic Bishop Of Abuja / Bakare Vs Oyedepo, Adeboye, Kumuyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.