Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,653 members, 7,813,203 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:37 AM

Is Catholics Praying To Dead Saints Biblical? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Catholics Praying To Dead Saints Biblical? (16087 Views)

Why Don't Catholics Eat Meat/flesh On Good Friday? / Catholics And Protestants Fight Inside A Bus In Anambra State (videos) / Catholics And Traditional Rulers Battle Over NYSC Camp In Imo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Catholics Praying To Dead Saints Biblical? by Tampinu(m): 1:43pm On Jul 22, 2017
Tampinu:

We're taking over....
Seen? Rastafari and Him children taking over...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRi8oxWcYt4

Lyrics

Seh wah, mi juss seh bun Babylon but mi nuh care
I ain't giving up, keep on living up, I'm indigenous
Holy Emmanuel I King Selassie Jah Rastafari

Him live and reign in di heart of all flesh
Di conquering lion crown King of Kings
Lord of Lords wid him lioness, so hear mi now?
Repatriation is a must to Ethiopia, Africa

Rastaman wi taking over and we've got nothing to fear
Wi taking over righteousness mi declare
Wi taking over and we've got nothing to fear
Come on, come on mek mi see your hands in di air

Yo cause a full time now let the trumpet sound (Rev 8:7, Rev 11:15)
A full time now Babylon going down
A full time now mek di youth dem wear di crown
Yo inna di country and di town

Hungry be fed, naked be clothed
Sick be nourished, aged protected, infants fi cared for
Mi and Babylon nah go par
Tell dem mi and dutty Babylon always a' war

Nah go dip mi hand inna nuh punk cookie jar
Police bwoy fi locks but a mar him guh mar (Policeman supposed to grow his dreadlocks but he did mar)
Di soldier bwoy fi locks but a mar him guh mar (Soldier supposed to grow his dreadlocks but he did mar)
Through him and di Pope and di bitch waan go par (Because he wants to Par with the Pope and Queen Elizabeth) undecided

Selassie flash di lightening dat mi tell di gun dar
Selassie roll di tunda dat mi tell di gun dar
Dem lost dem ways dem nuh know who dem are
Well, then mi tell yuh your da bright and a morning star

'Nuff a dem a brag 'bout seh dem a top an' all...
King Selassie is di almighty, yaah star
Emmanuel a di higher Priest, yaah star
Marcus a mi black prophet, yaah star

Di black woman she a mi black mother, yaah star
Selassie blaze him golden chalice when
(Fidel) Castro talk 'bout seh dem are smoke dem cuban cigar
Mi smoke mi marijuana inna mi van or mi car! grin

'Cause a full time now rise di youth from di slum
A full time now mek di fiyah gwan bun
A full time now speak di truth from mi tongue
Dutty Babylon yuh going dung yo yo yow

Hear mi nuh hear mi nuh?
Mi nuh trust dem fi a minute nor second
Righteousness a dat mi come fi reckon
Tell dem seh listen wen Selassie beckon shocked
Dem get stubbon through dem start to carry big weapon

Brag 'bout di magnum weh di laser beam deh pon
Man mi shot di bwoy wid a old rusty Smith & Wesson
Couldn't stop di powers weh mi a manifest on
Bun dem out dem cyaan come contest di Rastaman

Mi go sight dem pon di show down
Pagan dem get throw down
Too hype run guh tell dem seh fi slow down
Mystery Babylon dem haffi go down
Dem a huff dem a puff mi building dem cyaan blow down
Written by Ras Muhamad • Copyright © Universal Music Publishing Group

Re: Is Catholics Praying To Dead Saints Biblical? by blueAgent(m): 5:34pm On Jul 27, 2017
Tampinu:

What is religion? What is Africa?

Don't get it twisted...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Z-0CwnsfzY

This is the region, no religion! Eh?
Do you hear? Your communion? So much fusion!!!

This one inna dem face shocked

"All now dem are look fi see God come from sky...I beg upon dem Jeezus nah get no reply..."
_Sizzla

You are living in a bubble, wakeup and smell.the coffee.
Re: Is Catholics Praying To Dead Saints Biblical? by blueAgent(m): 5:48pm On Jul 27, 2017
easymancfc:

If the soul does not live forever how are we to spend eternity in heaven
or what is eternity

We will spend eternity in heaven with our transformed physical bodies not our Souls or Spirit as people are made to believe.

1 Corinthians 15:53

King James 2000 Bible
For this corruptible must put on incorruption,
and this mortal must put on immortality.

Paul says this will happen:
in a moment,
in the twinkling of an eye,
at the last trumpet.
He said that a trumpet will sound, the dead will
be raised imperishable, and the ones who are
still alive will be changed. The perishable must
clothe itself with the imperishable and the mortal
cloth itself with immortal. In essence, at this
time, our bodies which are perishable will
replaced with imperishable bodies. We will be
changed from mortal to immortal.
Re: Is Catholics Praying To Dead Saints Biblical? by Tampinu(m): 6:03pm On Jul 27, 2017
blueAgent:

You are living in a bubble, wakeup and smell.the coffee.

I'm living in Zion, it's you who need to wake up and smell the Ganja! undecided
Re: Is Catholics Praying To Dead Saints Biblical? by easymancfc(m): 8:07am On Jul 28, 2017
blueAgent:

We will spend eternity in heaven with our transformed physical bodies not our Souls or Spirit as people are made to believe.

1 Corinthians 15:53

King James 2000 Bible
For this corruptible must put on incorruption,
and this mortal must put on immortality.

Paul says this will happen:
in a moment,
in the twinkling of an eye,
at the last trumpet.
He said that a trumpet will sound, the dead will
be raised imperishable, and the ones who are
still alive will be changed. The perishable must
clothe itself with the imperishable and the mortal
cloth itself with immortal. In essence, at this
time, our bodies which are perishable will
replaced with imperishable bodies. We will be
changed from mortal to immortal.

Still haven't answered my question...

I believe that too but That verse doesnt say anything about the soul dying... It only says we will be transformed...
Re: Is Catholics Praying To Dead Saints Biblical? by Raphael81(m): 3:01pm On Jul 28, 2017
blueAgent:
Catholics to praying to dead saints is it biblical.
One of the customs of Catholics is to pray to dead Saints to intercede on their behalf in Heaven.This doctrine is based on the belief that dead Saints are alive and already in Heaven this erroneous belief is one of the biggest decits of Satan.We will take a look at this issue with the Bible as our guide.
First what is the State of the dead? are they living or do they ascend into Heaven immediately after death.
Psalms 146:3 Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help. 146:4 His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish.
Ecclesiastes9:5 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten. 9:6 Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun.
This Bible verses clearly show that the dead including the Saints are not in a state of consciousness but rather their thoughts,love,passions are all perished.
Death is likened to sleep,a man who is at sleep is not in control of his thoughts,actions or environment, same with death. Job 14:12 So man lieth down, and riseth not: till the heavens be no more, they shall not awake, nor be raised out of their sleep. 14:14 If a man die, shall he live again? all the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come. John 11:11 These things said he: and after that he saith unto them, Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep. 11:12 Then said his disciples, Lord, if he sleep, he shall do well. 11:13 Howbeit Jesus spake of his death: but they thought that he had spoken of taking of rest in sleep.
So if the Saints are not in Heaven where can they be? The Saints are not in Heaven as we can see from those Bible verses they are all asleep in their graves or earth(dust).we will look at more bible verses to confirm this.
1 Thessalonians 4:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
Daniel 12:2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.
This Bible verses confirm  that the dead sleep in the dust not in Heaven.
John  5:28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
Even David the man after God's heart,a man who Jesus Christ  was named after 'Thou son of David'  did not ascend into Heaven after his death.
I don't think there is anyone more qualified to be called a Saint than David.but still David did not ascend to Heaven at his death he is still lying in his grave waiting for the resurrection. Acts2:29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
Acts 2:34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
Even David knew he was not to go to Heaven immedately after his death so he wrote in Psalms  17:15 As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I AWAKE, with thy likeness.

Considering the State of the dead,saints including Mary,Paul,Joseph,e.t.c while do Catholics still pray to them. It is apparent that they are praying to Idols and Demons in the name of praying to Saints.Mary,Paul,Peter,James,John,Stephen e.t.c  are all sleeping in their graves they neither eat,work, Think, or hear nor intercede in prayers on behalf of others.
This  evil doctrine has been sold to the public especially Catholics who believe that dead people go straight to Hell or Heaven immediately after death.
People go to Heaven or Hell on the Judgement day or day of resurrection not before then. Daniel12:2,John5:28-29 & 1cor15:12-14,1cor16-19.
John  5:28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,  5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.
This bible verses confirm that the dead and Saints are not in Heaven but are waiting for the resurrection for if they were already in Heaven  the bible will not be talking about a resurrection of the Saints or the dead.what will they be resurrecting from since they are already in Heaven?
To Catholics pls deciet from praying to dead Saints they cannot hear you or intercede on your behalf.Only one name has been given to us by which man can be saved and that is the name of Jesus  Acts  4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
Only Jesus not any dead saint or Mary or Paul or Pope.
We are expected to pray to God only through the name of Jesus not through any dead Saints John14:13 no other person can.mediate between man and God ,not Mary,Paul or angels but only Jesus Christ is our mediator 1Timothy  2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
Christ and the Holy Spirit  which is the spirit of Christ can intercede on our behalf Romans 8:34,
Romans  8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.  8:27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

Thank You.

MuttleyLaff,
Splinz, Openmine

What are u trying to say? Have you saved ur soul before thinking of Catholics or u are looking for multiple viewers? Don't panic when you meet Jesus you will ask him about all you need to know
Re: Is Catholics Praying To Dead Saints Biblical? by blueAgent(m): 10:58pm On Jul 29, 2017
easymancfc:

Still haven't answered my question...

I believe that too but That verse doesnt say anything about the soul dying... It only says we will be transformed...

And where in the Bible is the Soul mentioned as having immortality?
Re: Is Catholics Praying To Dead Saints Biblical? by easymancfc(m): 2:18pm On Jul 30, 2017
blueAgent:

The verse you quoted above is one example... 1 cor 15:23, Where it talks about us being transformed... it is clear that our mortal bodies will be destroyed when we die... but our souls will not be and we will be transformed with our glorified bodies... WITHOUT OUR SOULS BEING DESTROYED HENCE WE LIVE FOREVER... If our body and soul is destroyed then how are we transformed since there would be nothing of us to transform... since obviously our mortal bodies have been destroyed... ( As Scripture says, “The dust returns to the earth as it was, and the spirit returns to God who gave it” (Eccl. 12:7).

Other passages that show immortality or living forever are Psalm 22:26 ; 23:6 ; 49:7-9 ; Ecclesiastes 12:7 ; Daniel 12:2-3 ; Matthew 25:46 ; and 1 Corinthians 15:12-19 . Daniel 12:2 says, “Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt.” Similarly, Jesus Himself said that the wicked “will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life” ( Matthew 25:46 ). With the same Greek word used to refer to both “punishment” and “life,” it is clear that both the wicked and the righteous have an eternal/immortal soul.

Jesus said in John 11:26and whoever lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe this?”

IMMORTALITY MEANS TO NEVER DIE...

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

ETERNAL LIFE MEANS TO LIVE FOREVER SO DOES IMMORTALITY...

THE DEATH HERE DOESNT MEAN PHYSICAL DEATH BECAUSE BOTH THE SAVED AND UNSAVED WILL DIE PHYSICAL DEATH NEITHER DOES IT MEAN ANNIHILATION... THIS IS THE SECOND DEATH WHICH MEANS ETERNAL CONDEMNATION IN THE LAKE OF FIRE (see Rev 20:6, 20:14, 21:8, 21:16).. thats why Jesus also said THE DEATH WILL HAPPEN IN HELL in mat 10: 28 And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul; rather fear him who can destroy both SOUL AND BODY IN HELL.

So it is clear that both the righteous and the wicked will have Eternal life (immortality) the Righteous with God in heaven and the wicked with the devil and demons in hell...
WE ALREADY KNOW THAT THE RIGHTEOUS WILL SPEND ETERNITY WITH GOD...
BUT THE WICKED WILL ALSO SPEND ETERNITY SUFFERING...
Rev 14: 11 And the smoke of their TORMENT goes up FOR EVER and EVER; and they have no rest, day or night, these worshipers of the beast and its image, and whoever receives the mark of its name.”

Mat 25: 46 And they will go away into ETERNAL PUNISHMENT, but the righteous into eternal life.”

Daniel 12:2 repeats the same thing....
Re: Is Catholics Praying To Dead Saints Biblical? by easymancfc(m): 2:35pm On Jul 30, 2017
blueAgent:

JUST TO CLARIFY THOUGH...

Immortality according to Webster means unending existence/exempt from death and Oxford means to live forever... both of which equate to or are synonymous with ETERNAL LIFE

BUT

THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GOD'S IMMORTALITY AND HUMANS OR ANGEL'S IMMORTALITY

GOD IS IMMORTAL IN THE SENSE THAT HE HAS NO BEGINNING AND NO END... WHILE THAT OF MAN HAS A BEGINNING (i.e. from when we are born)..
I KNOW YOUR GO TO PASSAGE OF 1 TIM 6:16 AND I BELIEVE IT IN THAT SENSE...

BUT I DONT ACCEPT THAT HUMAN AND OR ANGELS DONT HAVE IMMORTALITY ... BECAUSE GOD PROMISED IMMORTALITY WITH HIM TO US CHRISTIANS...

1 tim 6:12 Fight the good fight of the faith; take hold of the eternal life to which you were called

Romans 2:6 For he will render to every man according to his works: 7 to those who by patience in well-doing seek for glory and honor and IMMORTALITY, he will give eternal life..

THEN FINALLY JESUS TALKS ABOUT THE RESURRECTION OF THE DEAD IN LUKE 20 AND HE SAID WE SHALL BE LIKE THE ANGELS... AND WE KNOW ANGELS DONT DIE... EVEN THE FALLEN ANGELS DID NOT DIE....
SO IF WE ARE LIKE THE ANGELS THEN WE CANNOT DIE EITHER UNLESS GOD CHOOSES TO ANNIHILATE US... OF WHICH WE KNOW HE WILL NOT...
luke 20:36 for they cannot die any more, because they are equal to angels and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection. AND HE WENT FURTHER TO SAY ABOUT THOSE WHO ARE BODILY DEAD... luke 20:38 Now he is not God of the dead, but of the living; for all live to him...
Re: Is Catholics Praying To Dead Saints Biblical? by blueAgent(m): 8:58am On Aug 02, 2017
easymancfc:

JUST TO CLARIFY THOUGH...

Immortality according to Webster means unending existence/exempt from death and Oxford means to live forever... both of which equate to or are synonymous with ETERNAL LIFE

BUT

THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GOD'S IMMORTALITY AND HUMANS OR ANGEL'S IMMORTALITY

GOD IS IMMORTAL IN THE SENSE THAT HE HAS NO BEGINNING AND NO END... WHILE THAT OF MAN HAS A BEGINNING (i.e. from when we are born)..
I KNOW YOUR GO TO PASSAGE OF 1 TIM 6:16 AND I BELIEVE IT IN THAT SENSE...

BUT I DONT ACCEPT THAT HUMAN AND OR ANGELS DONT HAVE IMMORTALITY ... BECAUSE GOD PROMISED IMMORTALITY WITH HIM TO US CHRISTIANS...

1 tim 6:12 Fight the good fight of the faith; take hold of the eternal life to which you were called

Romans 2:6 For he will render to every man according to his works: 7 to those who by patience in well-doing seek for glory and honor and IMMORTALITY, he will give eternal life..

THEN FINALLY JESUS TALKS ABOUT THE RESURRECTION OF THE DEAD IN LUKE 20 AND HE SAID WE SHALL BE LIKE THE ANGELS... AND WE KNOW ANGELS DONT DIE... EVEN THE FALLEN ANGELS DID NOT DIE....
SO IF WE ARE LIKE THE ANGELS THEN WE CANNOT DIE EITHER UNLESS GOD CHOOSES TO ANNIHILATE US... OF WHICH WE KNOW HE WILL NOT...
luke 20:36 for they cannot die any more, because they are equal to angels and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection. AND HE WENT FURTHER TO SAY ABOUT THOSE WHO ARE BODILY DEAD... luke 20:38 Now he is not God of the dead, but of the living; for all live to him...

As usual,you are twisting Bible verses to suit your false doctrine.The Bible makes it clear that the Soul can die Ezeikel18:4,and that the wages of Sin is death.most christains fall for the big lie that the Soul is immortal and hence Hell fire is for eternity.God himself has pronounced judgement on the Devil and fallen Angels to destoryed them and turn them to ashes. Ezekiel 28:17 "Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee. 28:18 Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee"
You could read from verse 1.
More bible verses on Hellfire click here.

www.amazingfacts.org/media-library/study-guide/e/4988/t/is-the-devil-in-charge-of-hell

Secondly the Bible in Revelation2:11,Rev20:6, Rev20:14, Rev21:8 talks about sinners to die the second death in the lake of fire.
How does second death mean immortality?
The word eternal and forever does not mean something that does not end.just click this link and discover the truth.

https://www.amazingfacts.org/media-library/book/e/30/t/hell-fire--a-twisted-truth-untangled

1 Like

Re: Is Catholics Praying To Dead Saints Biblical? by blueAgent(m): 9:03am On Aug 02, 2017
Raphael81:

What are u trying to say? Have you saved ur soul before thinking of Catholics or u are looking for multiple viewers? Don't panic when you meet Jesus you will ask him about all you need to know

Who will take you serious with this kind of comment? you should have refuted the points i raised on my article.
lets start from there.
Re: Is Catholics Praying To Dead Saints Biblical? by blueAgent(m): 9:08am On Aug 02, 2017
Tampinu:

I'm living in Zion, it's you who need to wake up and smell the Ganja! undecided

Dreamer. You are living in a Shithole called Africa not Zion.
No light,running water,low life expectancy,poverty,high crime rate,third world nations the list is endless.
Re: Is Catholics Praying To Dead Saints Biblical? by Tampinu(m): 10:41am On Aug 02, 2017
blueAgent:

Dreamer. You are living in a Shithole called Africa not Zion.
No light,running water,low life expectancy,poverty,high crime rate,third world nations the list is endless.

Thanks, I have read your comments.
Now permit me to attend to others.

With thanks... cheesy

Re: Is Catholics Praying To Dead Saints Biblical? by Ubenedictus(m): 1:45pm On Aug 02, 2017
An2elect2:
Isn't the "mother church" awesome?
remember bishop fisher, thomas more?

What about these one?

John Almond , priest, 1612
2. Edmund Arrowsmith , Jesuit priest, 1628
3. Ambrose Edward Barlow, Benedictine
priest, 10 September 1641
4. John Boste , priest, 24 July 1594
5. Alexander Briant , Jesuit priest, 1 December
6. Edmund Campion , Jesuit priest, 1
December 1581
7. Margaret Clitherow , laywoman, 25 March
8. Philip Evans , Jesuit priest, 1679
9. Thomas Garnet , Jesuit priest, 1608
10. Edmund Gennings , priest, 1591
11. John Griffith (alias Jones), Franciscan
friar, 1598
12. Richard Gwyn , layman, 1584
13. John Houghton , Prior of the London
Charterhouse, 4 May 1535
14. Philip Howard, Earl of Arundel , layman,
15. John Kemble , priest, 1679
16. Luke Kirby , priest, 30 May 1582
17. Robert Lawrence, Prior of the Beauvale
Charterhouse, 4 May 1535
18. David Lewis , Jesuit priest, 1679
19. Anne Line, laywoman, 1601
20. John Lloyd, priest, 1679
21. Cuthbert Mayne, priest, 1577
22. Henry Morse, Jesuit priest, 1645
23. Nicholas Owen, Jesuit lay-brother, 1606
24. John Payne, priest, 1582
25. Polydore Plasden, priest, 1591
26. John Plessington , priest, 1679
27. Richard Reynolds , Brigittine monk of Syon
Abbey, 4 May 1535 [7]
28. John Rigby , layman, 1600
29. John Roberts, Benedictine priest, 1610
30. Alban Bartholomew Roe, Benedictine
priest, 1642
31. Ralph Sherwin, priest, 1 December 1581
32. John Southworth , priest, 1654
33. Robert Southwell, Jesuit priest, 1595
34. John Stone , Augustinian friar
35. John Wall, Franciscan priest, 1679
36. Henry Walpole , Jesuit priest, 1595
37. Margaret Ward , laywoman, 1588
38. Augustine Webster , Prior of the Axholme
Charterhouse, 4 May 1535
39. Swithin Wells, layman, 1591
40. Eustace White, priest, 159

I GUESS THE PROTESTANT ARE ALSO MURDEROUS.
Re: Is Catholics Praying To Dead Saints Biblical? by Raphael81(m): 6:26pm On Aug 02, 2017
blueAgent:

Who will take you serious with this kind of comment? you should have refuted the points i raised on my article.
lets start from there.

I am really really really really really really sorry bro, If you will be convinced, you will, if you will not be convinced, you will not. I can't explain what you will never believe. Peace
Re: Is Catholics Praying To Dead Saints Biblical? by blueAgent(m): 6:38am On Aug 03, 2017
Raphael81:

I am really really really really really really sorry bro, If you will be convinced, you will, if you will not be convinced, you will not. I can't explain what you will never believe. Peace

Show me where the Bible says we should pray to dead Saints.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Catholics Praying To Dead Saints Biblical? by Raphael81(m): 8:00am On Aug 03, 2017
blueAgent:

Show me where the Bible says we should pray to dead Saints.

No time to argue
Re: Is Catholics Praying To Dead Saints Biblical? by easymancfc(m): 8:13am On Aug 03, 2017
blueAgent:

As usual,you are twisting Bible verses to suit your false doctrine.The Bible makes it clear that the Soul can die Ezeikel18:4,and that the wages of Sin is death.most christains fall for the big lie that the Soul is immortal and hence Hell fire is for eternity.God himself has pronounced judgement on the Devil and fallen Angels to destoryed them and turn them to ashes. Ezekiel 28:17 "Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee. 28:18 Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee"
You could read from verse 1.
More bible verses on Hellfire click here.

www.amazingfacts.org/media-library/study-guide/e/4988/t/is-the-devil-in-charge-of-hell

Secondly the Bible in Revelation2:11,Rev20:6, Rev20:14, Rev21:8 talks about sinners to die the second death in the lake of fire.
How does second death mean immortality?
The word eternal and forever does not mean something that does not end.just click this link and discover the truth.

https://www.amazingfacts.org/media-library/book/e/30/t/hell-fire--a-twisted-truth-untangled

Eternal doesnt mean undending and you say am twisting sciptures... my friend... free yourself from heresy...
your amazing facts adventist site is not an authority neither...

ETERNAL DOESNT MEAN UNENDING

WHAT DOES IT MEAN THEN??

second death doesnt mean annihiliation

Jesus tells us the fate of the righteous and the Wicked in
mat 25:46 And they will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

IF ETERNAL DOESNT MEAN UNENDING THEN HEAVEN FOR THOSE WHO MAKE IT WILL COME TO AN END ONE DAY....

Rev 14:11 And the smoke of their torment goes up for ever and ever; and they have no rest, day or night, these worshipers of the beast and its image, and whoever receives the mark of its name.”

I YOU OPINION FOREVER AND EVER WILL HAVE AN END RIGHT..

Revelation 11:15
Then the seventh angel sounded; and
there were loud voices in heaven, saying,
"The kingdom of the world has become
the kingdom of our Lord and of His
Christ; and He will reign forever and
ever."

Psalm 146:10
The LORD will reign forever, Your God, O
Zion, to all generations. Praise the
LORD!

Psalm 10:16
The LORD is King forever and ever;
Nations have perished from His land.

Daniel 6:26
"I make a decree that in all the dominion
of my kingdom men are to fear and
tremble before the God of Daniel; For He
is the living God and enduring forever,
And His kingdom is one which will not be
destroyed, And His dominion will be
forever.

Micah 4:7
"I will make the lame a remnant And the
outcasts a strong nation, And the LORD
will reign over them in Mount Zion From
now on and forever.

1 Timothy 1:17
Now to the King eternal, immortal,
invisible, the only God, be honor and
glory forever and ever. Amen.

1 Peter 5:11
To Him be dominion forever and ever.
Amen.

IF FOREVER AND EVER DOESN'T MEAN UNENDING THEN GOD'S GLORY AND POWER AND DOMINION AND KINGSHIP AND REIGN CANT BE UNENDING ACCORDING TO THESE BIBLE PASSAGES... AND IF YOU THINK IT MEANS UNENDING HERE... THEN WHY DO YOU INTERPRET IT DIFFERENTLY

here are more verses for you to ponder over

1. "And a second time they said,
"Hallelujah! Her smoke rises up forever
and ever," ( Rev. 19:3 ).
2. "And the devil who deceived them was
thrown into the lake of fire and
brimstone, where the beast and the
false prophet are also; and they will be
tormented day and night forever and
ever," ( Rev. 20:10 ).
3. "to whom be the glory forevermore,
Amen" ( Gal. 1:5 )
4. "Now to our God and Father be the
glory forever and ever. Amen," ( Phil.
4:20 )
5. "Now to the King eternal, immortal,
glory forever and ever. Amen," ( 1 Tim.
1:17 ).
6. "The Lord will deliver me from every
evil deed, and will bring me safely to
His heavenly kingdom; to Him be the
glory forever and ever. Amen," ( 2 Tim.
4:18 ).
7. "equip you in every good thing to do
His will, working in us that which is
pleasing in His sight, through Jesus
Christ, to whom be the glory forever
and ever. Amen," ( Heb. 13:21 ).
8. "Whoever speaks, let him speak, as it
were, the utterances of God; whoever
serves, let him do so as by the
strength which God supplies; so that in
all things God may be glorified through
Jesus Christ, to whom belongs the
glory and dominion forever and ever.
Amen," ( 1 Pet. 4:11 ).
9. "and He has made us to be a kingdom,
priests to His God and Father; to Him
be the glory and the dominion forever
and ever. Amen," ( Rev. 1:6 ).
10. "and the living One; and I was dead,
and behold, I am alive forevermore, and
I have the keys of death and of
Hades," ( Rev. 1:18 ).
11. "And when the living creatures give
glory and honor and thanks to Him who
sits on the throne, to Him who lives
forever and ever," ( Rev. 4:9 ).
12. "the twenty-four elders will fall down
before Him who sits on the throne, and
will worship Him who lives forever and
ever, and will cast their crowns before
the throne," ( Rev. 4:10 ).
13. "And every created thing which is in
heaven and on the earth and under the
earth and on the sea, and all things in
them, I heard saying, "To Him who sits
on the throne, and to the Lamb, be
blessing and honor and glory and
dominion forever and ever," ( Rev.
5:13 ).
14. "Amen, blessing and glory and wisdom
and thanksgiving and honor and power
and might, be to our God forever and
ever. Amen," ( Rev. 7:12 ).
15. "and swore by Him who lives forever
and ever, who created heaven and the
things in it, and the earth and the
things in it, and the sea and the things
in it, that there shall be delay no
longer," ( Rev. 10:6 ).
16. "And the seventh angel sounded; and
there arose loud voices in heaven,
saying, 'The kingdom of the world has
become the kingdom of our Lord, and
of His Christ; and He will reign forever
and ever,'" ( Rev. 11:15 ).
17. "And one of the four living creatures
gave to the seven angels seven golden
bowls full of the wrath of God, who
lives forever and ever," ( Rev. 15:7 ).
18. "And there shall no longer be any
night; and they shall not have need of
the light of a lamp nor the light of the
sun, because the Lord God shall
illumine them; and they shall reign
forever and ever," ( Rev. 22:5 ).
Re: Is Catholics Praying To Dead Saints Biblical? by blueAgent(m): 2:44pm On Aug 04, 2017
Raphael81:

No time to argue

It is obvious you have no facts to back your claim.
Re: Is Catholics Praying To Dead Saints Biblical? by blueAgent(m): 2:48pm On Aug 04, 2017
easymancfc:

Eternal doesnt mean undending and you say am twisting sciptures... my friend... free yourself from heresy...

WHAT DOES IT MEAN THEN??

mat 25:46 And they will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

IF ETERNAL DOESNT MEAN UNENDING THEN HEAVEN FOR THOSE WHO MAKE IT WILL COME TO AN END ONE DAY....

Rev 14:11 And the smoke of their torment goes up for ever and ever; and they have no rest, day or night, these worshipers of the beast and its image, and whoever receives the mark of its name.”

ever."

LORD!

forever.

now on and forever.

Amen.

IF FOREVER AND EVER DOESN'T MEAN UNENDING THEN GOD'S GLORY AND POWER AND DOMINION AND KINGSHIP AND REIGN CANT BE UNENDING ACCORDING TO THESE BIBLE PASSAGES... AND IF YOU THINK IT MEANS UNENDING HERE... THEN WHY DO YOU INTERPRET IT DIFFERENTLY

Same twisting of Bible verses.
Re: Is Catholics Praying To Dead Saints Biblical? by blueAgent(m): 2:52pm On Aug 04, 2017
easymancfc:

WHAT DOES IT MEAN THEN??

ever."

LORD!

forever.

now on and forever.

Amen.

I never said the adventist site had any authority. the only authority that is acceptable is the one of the Bible and the Adventist views on there site is backed by real bible verses.Explain to me how the Devil the genesis of evil would be destoryed while sinners would burn for eternity or tell me what the Bible meant when it said sinners will face the second death
Re: Is Catholics Praying To Dead Saints Biblical? by easymancfc(m): 5:00pm On Aug 04, 2017
blueAgent:

Same twisting of Bible verses.
It seems if you cant refute an argument you accuse the person of twisting scripture... Who gave you the authority to accuse someone of twisting scripture??
Are you the sole interpreter??
Answer the simple question then..
You said forever or eternal doesnt mean unending... now all those passages relating to God having glory and dominion and power and kingship forever and ever or eternally..

IF FOR YOU ETERNAL OR FOREVER DOESNT MEAN UNENDING THEN WILL GOD'S DOMINION OR POWER OR GLORY OR REIGN COME TO AN END

IF NOT.. WHY DO YOU INTERPRET IT DIFFERENTLY FROM ETERNAL PUNISHMENT (mat 25:46) OR THE SMOKE OF THEIR TORMENT RISING FOREVER AND EVER (rev 14: 11)

i await your response
Re: Is Catholics Praying To Dead Saints Biblical? by easymancfc(m): 5:29pm On Aug 04, 2017
blueAgent:

I never said the adventist site had any authority. the only authority that is acceptable is the one of the Bible and the Adventist views on there site is backed by real bible verses.Explain to me how the Devil the genesis of evil would be destoryed while sinners would burn for eternity or tell me what the Bible meant when it said sinners will face the second death

So if i or any other christian quotes the bible as our authority.. we are twisting it... but the adventist church always interprets it correctly right?

1. I never told you that the devil would be destroyed.... while sinners would suffer eternally...
the devil was an angel (lucifer) and ANGELS CANNOT DIE as Jesus said in luke 20: 36 for they cannot die any more, because they are equal to angels and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection..
The devil and sinners will suffer together as the bible says in mat 25:41, rev 14:11, Rev 20:10 etc which are quoted below..

2. The second death is not annihilation as your church wrongly teach.. it is also called the LAKE OF FIRE... BUT IT NO WHERE MENTIONS THAT EXISTENCE CEASES THERE...

Rev 21: 8 But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the polluted, as for murderers, fornicators, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their lot shall be in the LAKE that burns with FIRE and brimstone, WHICH IS THE SECOND DEATH .”

Rev20:14 Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. THIS IS THE SECOND DEATH, THE LAKE OF FIRE; 15 and if any one’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the LAKE OF FIRE.
So the Bible calls the "LAKE OF FIRE" THE SECOND DEATH...

AND THAT'S WHERE THE DEVIL AND ALL SINNERS WILL BE.. AND THEY WILL BE TORMENTED THEIR FOREVER AND EVER...
Matthew 25:41
"Then He will also say to those on His
left, 'Depart from Me, accursed ones,
into the ETERNAL FIRE WHICH HAS BEEN PREPARED FOR THE DEVIL AND HIS ANGELS;
rev 20:10 and the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the LAKE OF FIRE and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be TORMENTED DAY AND NIGHT FOREVER AND EVER.

IT DOESNT MENTION ANNIHILATION OR THAT THEY WILL CEASE TO EXIST...

and it agrees with the rest of the bible...
ETERNAL PUNISHMENT (mat 25:31-46, Daniel 12:2)

Dan 12:2 And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to EVERLASTING LIFE, and some to shame and EVERLASTING CONTEMPT.

mat 25: 46 And they will go away into ETERNAL PUNISHMENT, but the righteous into ETERNAL LIFE .”
more bible passages for you to ponder
mark 9:43 And if your hand causes you to sin, cut it off; it is better for you to enter life maimed than with two hands to go to hell, to the UNQUENCHABLE fire.
48 where their worm does not die, and the fire is not quenched.

Hebrews 6:2
of instruction about washings and laying
on of hands, and the resurrection of the
dead and ETERNAL JUDGEMENT .

ETERNAL = EVERLASTING = UNENDING = FOREVER AND EVER..

HOW CAN THE PUNISHMENT OR REWARD BE ETERNAL IF THOSE WHO ARE REWARDED OR PUNISHED ARE NOT
Re: Is Catholics Praying To Dead Saints Biblical? by blueAgent(m): 2:39pm On Aug 05, 2017
easymancfc:

So if i or any other christian quotes the bible as our authority.. we are twisting it... but the adventist church always interprets it correctly right?

1. I never told you that the devil would be destroyed.... while sinners would suffer eternally...
the devil was an angel (lucifer) and ANGELS CANNOT DIE as Jesus said in luke 20: 36 for they cannot die any more, because they are equal to angels and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection..
The devil and sinners will suffer together as the bible says in mat 25:41, rev 14:11, Rev 20:10 etc which are quoted below..

2. The second death is not annihilation as your church wrongly teach.. it is also called the LAKE OF FIRE... BUT IT NO WHERE MENTIONS THAT EXISTENCE CEASES THERE...

Rev 21: 8 But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the polluted, as for murderers, fornicators, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their lot shall be in the LAKE that burns with FIRE and brimstone, WHICH IS THE SECOND DEATH .”

Rev20:14 Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. THIS IS THE SECOND DEATH, THE LAKE OF FIRE; 15 and if any one’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the LAKE OF FIRE.
So the Bible calls the "LAKE OF FIRE" THE SECOND DEATH...

AND THAT'S WHERE THE DEVIL AND ALL SINNERS WILL BE.. AND THEY WILL BE TORMENTED THEIR FOREVER AND EVER...
Matthew 25:41
"Then He will also say to those on His
left, 'Depart from Me, accursed ones,
into the ETERNAL FIRE WHICH HAS BEEN PREPARED FOR THE DEVIL AND HIS ANGELS;
rev 20:10 and the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the LAKE OF FIRE and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be TORMENTED DAY AND NIGHT FOREVER AND EVER.

IT DOESNT MENTION ANNIHILATION OR THAT THEY WILL CEASE TO EXIST...

and it agrees with the rest of the bible...
ETERNAL PUNISHMENT (mat 25:31-46, Daniel 12:2)

Dan 12:2 And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to EVERLASTING LIFE, and some to shame and EVERLASTING CONTEMPT.

mat 25: 46 And they will go away into ETERNAL PUNISHMENT, but the righteous into ETERNAL LIFE .”
more bible passages for you to ponder
mark 9:43 And if your hand causes you to sin, cut it off; it is better for you to enter life maimed than with two hands to go to hell, to the UNQUENCHABLE fire.
48 where their worm does not die, and the fire is not quenched.

Hebrews 6:2
of instruction about washings and laying
on of hands, and the resurrection of the
dead and ETERNAL JUDGEMENT .

ETERNAL = EVERLASTING = UNENDING = FOREVER AND EVER..

HOW CAN THE PUNISHMENT OR REWARD BE ETERNAL IF THOSE WHO ARE REWARDED OR PUNISHED ARE NOT

Where is it written that angels cannot die?
Re: Is Catholics Praying To Dead Saints Biblical? by easymancfc(m): 3:55pm On Aug 05, 2017
blueAgent:

Where is it written that angels cannot die?
It somewhere in there...

but just in case you didn't see it... JESUS HIMSELF SAID IT IN LUKE 20

KJV
Luke 20: 36a neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels;

RSVCE
Luke 20:36a 36 for they cannot die any more, because they are equal to angels

THEY CANNOT DIE ANYMORE BECAUSE THEY ARE EQUAL TO THE ANGELS MEANING ANGELS CANNOT DIE...
Re: Is Catholics Praying To Dead Saints Biblical? by Raphael81(m): 9:42pm On Aug 05, 2017
blueAgent:

It is obvious you have no facts to back your claim.

Toh, I am always lazy to type bro, maybe I will send u a voice note
Re: Is Catholics Praying To Dead Saints Biblical? by blueAgent(m): 6:58am On Aug 08, 2017
easymancfc:

It somewhere in there...

KJV

RSVCE

THEY CANNOT DIE ANYMORE BECAUSE THEY ARE EQUAL TO THE ANGELS MEANING ANGELS CANNOT DIE...

Jesus meant the Angels who where loyal to God. God cannot contradict himself in Ezekiel 28:1-end the God said he will destory Satan and turn him to Ashes.

As usual you only pick Bible verses that support your doctrine while ingnoring other bible verses.
The Bible is better understood when all verses relating to a particular issue is read and rationailized.
Re: Is Catholics Praying To Dead Saints Biblical? by blueAgent(m): 7:01am On Aug 08, 2017
easymancfc:

It somewhere in there...

KJV

RSVCE

All this Bible verses below talks about the total destruction of the Sinners and not an eternal Hell fire.

The wicked die the second death in
hellfire. If the wicked lived forever being tortured
in hell, they would be immortal. But this is
impossible, because the Bible says God "only
hath immortality." 1 Timothy 6:16. When Adam
and Eve were driven from the Garden of Eden, an
angel was posted to guard the tree of life so that
sinners would not eat of the tree and "live for
ever." Genesis 3:22-24. The teaching that sinners
are immortal in hell originated with Satan and is
completely untrue. God prevented this when sin
entered this earth by guarding the tree of life.
Bible Clear - Wicked Obliterated
The Bible says the wicked suffer "death" (Romans
6:23), will suffer "destruction" (Job 21:30), "shall
perish" (Psalms 37:20), will "burn" up (Malachi
4:1), "shall be destroyed together" (Psalms 37:38)
, will "consume away" (Psalms 37:20), "shall be
cut off" (Psalms 37:9), "shall be slain" (Psalms
62:3). God will "destroy" them (Psalms 145:20),
and "fire shall devour them" (Psalms 21:9). Note
that all of these references make it clear that the wicked die and are destroyed. They do not live forever in misery.
Re: Is Catholics Praying To Dead Saints Biblical? by blueAgent(m): 7:04am On Aug 08, 2017
easymancfc:

It somewhere in there...

KJV

RSVCE

. Will the fire eventually go out?
"Behold, they shall be as stubble; the fire shall
burn them; they shall not deliver themselves
from the power of the flame: there shall not be a
coal to warm at, nor fire to sit before it." Isaiah
47:14. "And I saw a new heaven and a new earth."
"And God shall wipe away all tears from their
eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither
sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any
more pain: for the former things are passed
away." Revelation 21:1, 4.
Answer: Yes, indeed, the Bible specifically
teaches that hellfire will go out and that there will
not be left "a coal to warm at, nor fire to sit
before it." The Bible also teaches that in God's
new kingdom all "former things" will be passed
away. Hell, being one of the former things, is
included, so we have God's promise that it will be
abolished.
Re: Is Catholics Praying To Dead Saints Biblical? by blueAgent(m): 7:05am On Aug 08, 2017
easymancfc:

It somewhere in there...

KJV

RSVCE

10. What will be left when the fire goes out?
"For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as
an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do
wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that
cometh shall burn them up, saith the Lord of
hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor
branch." "And ye shall tread down the wicked; for
they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in
the day that I shall do this, saith the Lord of
hosts." Malachi 4:1, 3.
Answer: Notice the verse does not say the wicked
will burn like asbestos, as many today believe,
but rather like stubble, which will be burned up.
The little word "up" denotes completion. Nothing
but ashes will be left when the fire goes out. In
Psalms 37:10, 20, the Bible says the wicked will
go up in smoke and be completely destroyed.
Re: Is Catholics Praying To Dead Saints Biblical? by blueAgent(m): 7:08am On Aug 08, 2017
easymancfc:

It seems if you cant refute an argument you accuse the person of twisting scripture... Who gave you the authority to accuse someone of twisting scripture??
You said forever or eternal doesnt mean unending... now all those passages relating to God having glory and dominion and power and kingship forever and ever or eternally..

IF FOR YOU ETERNAL OR FOREVER DOESNT MEAN UNENDING THEN WILL GOD'S DOMINION OR POWER OR GLORY OR REIGN COME TO AN END

IF NOT.. WHY DO YOU INTERPRET IT DIFFERENTLY FROM ETERNAL PUNISHMENT (mat 25:46) OR THE SMOKE OF THEIR TORMENT RISING FOREVER AND EVER (rev 14: 11)

i await your response

Does the word "hell" as used in the Bible
always refer to a place of burning or
punishment?
Answer: No, the word "hell" is used 54 times in
the Bible, and in only 12 cases does it refer to "a
place of burning."
The word "hell" is translated from several
different words with various meanings, as
indicated below:
IN THE OLD
TESTAMENT
31 times from "Sheol,"
which means the grave."
IN THE NEW
TESTAMENT
10 times from "Hades,"
which means "the
grave."
12 times from
"Gehenna," which
means "the place of
burning."
1 time from "Tartarus,"
which means "a place of
darkness."
54 TIMES TOTAL
Note: The Greek word "Gehenna" (mentioned
above) is a transliteration of the Hebrew "Ge-
Hinnom," which means the "Valley of Hinnom."
This valley, which lies immediately south and
west of Jerusalem, was a place where dead
animals, garbage, and other refuse were dumped.
Fire burned constantly, as it does at modern
sanitation dump sites. The Bible uses "Gehenna"
or the "Valley of Hinnom" as a symbol of the fire
that will destroy the lost at the end of time. The
fire of Gehenna was not unending. Otherwise it
would be still burning southwest of Jerusalem
today. Neither will the fire of hell be unending.
Destroying sin, sinners, and Satan
Re: Is Catholics Praying To Dead Saints Biblical? by blueAgent(m): 7:10am On Aug 08, 2017
easymancfc:

i await your response

Then why does the Bible say that the wicked
will be destroyed with unquenchable fire?
Unquenchable fire is fire that cannot be put out,
but which goes out when it has turned everything
to ashes. Jeremiah 17:27 says Jerusalem was to
be destroyed with unquenchable fire, and in 2
Chronicles 36:19-21 the Bible says this fire
burned the city "to fulfill the word of the Lord by
the mouth of Jeremiah" and left it desolate. Yet we
know this fire went out, because Jerusalem is not
burning today.
3. Doesn't Matthew 25:46 say the wicked will
receive "everlasting punishment"?
Notice the word is punishment, not punishing.
Punishing would be continuous, while
punishment is one act. The punishment of the
wicked is death, and this death is everlasting.
4. Can you explain Matthew 10:28: "Fear not
them which kill the body, but are not able to
kill the soul"?
The word "soul" has three meanings in the Bible:
(1) a living being—Genesis 2:7, (2) the mind—
Psalms 139:14, and (3) life—1 Samuel 18:1,
which here refers to eternal life that God
guarantees all who reach His kingdom. No one
can take this away. The last part of Matthew 10:28
says both soul and body will be destroyed in
hell.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Kaigama Replaces Onaiyekan As New Catholic Bishop Of Abuja / Bakare Vs Oyedepo, Adeboye, Kumuyi / Breaking And Overcoming The Limitation And Storms Of Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 177
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.