Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,212 members, 7,829,345 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS (28171 Views)

Archbishop Obinna Attacked In Imo Catholic Church During Mbata's Burial / Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo / Pope Francis Intervenes In Ahiara Imo Church Ethnic Crisis (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by Moukandjo: 8:47am On Jul 02, 2017
Dumaknesset:

Don't go to Yoruba churches,it will soon be don't go to pope churches, How is it that you guys just enjoy making enemies every where.
Honestly bro, I wonder how an entire people go dey reason "mumuly" at the same time!

5 Likes

Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by Shitface(m): 8:47am On Jul 02, 2017
proffemi:

So, why don't you, an Mbaise man, set the records straight? Otherwise, all we have is the report that their primary problem is his dialect.
If that narrative remains, then neither you, nor any Mbaise man anywhere in the world should be proud.

In the Catholic Church, before a bishop dies, be it bishop of Rome or bishop of any diocese, he leaves some names of people whom he thinks can succeed him, these names can come from anywhere and from any tribe. It is left for the people of the diocese, the pope and other faithfuls to pray and select someone amongst the names presented by the late bishop.

In aharia diocese, the same procedure was carried out but not one of those presented by the late bishop was picked, instead a priest was appointed bishop from a completely different place, he has never been to our diocese, he hasn't been there even for Apostolic work.... Nothing.

This said priest was RUMORED to have been promised to be Bishop by the cardinal that was administrator of the diocese after the bishop died.

Rumor aside, Bishop chikwe was the first bishop of the diocese. it really isn't a problem of where he was from, the issue is that why was all the priest that exist in aharia boycotted completely and a priest from a visiting land come to be bishop.

To be bishop, u should have some level of communication with the people you have come to rule,they should have known you and trusted you and can look up to you as their Father and Bishop. However bringing in a stranger into the diocese not as a visiting priest but as a bishop WITHOUT NOT EVEN AN EXPLANATION ON WHY THE NORMAL PROCEDURE WAS BOYCOTTED is not fair.

Mbaise is 98% Catholic with the rest been protestants... We value our priest alot and our bishop too, we look up to them for guidance and also as mentors and role models. They are FATHERS. bringing a stranger to become the Dad of our home wasn't accepted and strongly rejected by the people,he is a square peg in a round hole.

And we are resolute about it.

3 Likes

Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by anytexy: 8:49am On Jul 02, 2017
Gravas:

Same with me my brother. Would hv put my comment since bt hv bn waiting 4 them to gv us d correct position of things. Bt nobody is coming out to set things straight.
Me too, I don't believe that story, but if it is true. Hmm, they fall my hand big time. I am Igbo but I condemn this in it entirety

1 Like

Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by Shitface(m): 8:49am On Jul 02, 2017
ettybaba:

That you had to type in capital letter and repeat yourself multiple times without really making sense says a lot about Mbaise people.

You just displayed your stupidity for the Internet to laugh at.
Go buy some sense and come back,what happened to asking questions.
Little children of nowadays.

2 Likes

Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by Gravas(m): 8:50am On Jul 02, 2017
kitaatita:

If you are a priest, you are not qualified to administer any sacrament. You have disgraced your calling. I have followed the crisis in Maisel and I can't find any justification in what you are doing. It is disgraceful.

Do they hv cogent reasons for behaving thus? I hv bn waiting for them to gv us their reasons bt none of them is coming out.
Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by Gravas(m): 8:54am On Jul 02, 2017
anytexy:
Me too, I don't believe that story, but if it is true. Hmm, they fall my hand big time. I am Igbo but I condemn this in it entirety

This is exactly what i intend to say. They should nt hv gone to this extent NO MATTER THEIR REASONS even if diplomacy failed.
Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by Shitface(m): 8:56am On Jul 02, 2017
kitaatita:

If you are a priest, you are not qualified to administer any sacrament. You have disgraced your calling. I have followed the crisis in Maisel and I can't find any justification in what you are doing. It is disgraceful.

You are a disgrace yourself to common sense, what makes u think am a priest?

1 Like

Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by nnalove(m): 8:56am On Jul 02, 2017
The remote cause of dis problem Is yet to be identified, they should look into d matter deeply to ascertain why all dis are happening. There must be reason's' y they insist of not like d bishop imposed on them by pope. My opinion

2 Likes

Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by Shitface(m): 8:57am On Jul 02, 2017
5chrisade:

please educate us about what happened since we don't know.

I have written about it above.
Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by Nobody: 8:58am On Jul 02, 2017
Moukandjo:

Honestly bro, I wonder how an entire people go dey reason "mumuly" at the same time!

Excommunication loading!
Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by MrMcJay(m): 8:59am On Jul 02, 2017
Shitface:

In aharia diocese, the same procedure was carried out but not one of those presented by the late bishop was picked, instead a priest was appointed bishop from a completely different place, he has never been to our diocese, he hasn't been there even for Apostolic work.... Nothing.

Shitface:

Rumor aside, Bishop chikwe was the first bishop of the diocese. it really isn't a problem of where he was from, the issue is that why was all the priest that exist in aharia boycotted completely and a priest from a visiting land come to be bishop.

Mbaise is 98% Catholic with the rest been protestants... We value our priest alot and our bishop too, we look up to them for guidance and also as mentors and role models. They are FATHERS. bringing a stranger to become the Dad of our home wasn't accepted and strongly rejected by the people,he is a square peg in a round hole.

And we are resolute about it.

Reading through your post with particular emphasis on the highlighted parts, I'll just suggest that they close down the Diocese and use the parishes as mental health facilities for the Mbaise parishioners.

Your arguments are illogical, incoherent, uncoordinated and opposed to rational thinking.

14 Likes

Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by EvilMetahuman: 9:03am On Jul 02, 2017
otino:
Where is da LOVE
love is biafra land?
Where you go find that one?

3 Likes

Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by Gravas(m): 9:04am On Jul 02, 2017
@Shitface.
Stop talking nonsense here. Do u hear me? Do u even know what is happening in other Catholic Dioceses across Nigeria? The current Bishop of Makurdi was nt serving in Benue State when he ws appointed as Bishop of Makurdi Diocese. The same applies to Gboko Diocese. You people are only displaying high level ignorance. Its very shameful. Its a big disgrace. Stop ranting here.

8 Likes

Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by cooljude(m): 9:06am On Jul 02, 2017
Shitface:
MBAISE, GREAT PEOPLE.
FOR THOSE OF Y'ALL WHO DO NOT CARE TO KNOW WHAT REALLY HAPPENED AND IS HAPPENING BUT INSTEAD WANT TO KEEP BLAMING THE PEOPLE FOR REJECTING THE MAN.
DO YOU THINK EVERYONE THERE IS TRIBALISTIC? U THINK THEY DON'T HAVE A PURPOSE BEHIND ALL THE PROTEST FOR THIS LONG? MAKE UNA FIND OUT STORY BEFORE WAGGING YOUR TOUNGE ANYHOW.

PROUDLY AN MBAISE MAN. MBAISE, GREAT PEOPLE.
FOR THOSE OF Y'ALL WHO DO NOT CARE TO KNOW WHAT REALLY HAPPENED AND IS HAPPENING BUT INSTEAD WANT TO KEEP BLAMING THE PEOPLE FOR REJECTING THE MAN.
DO YOU THINK EVERYONE THERE IS TRIBALISTIC? U THINK THEY DON'T HAVE A PURPOSE BEHIND ALL THE PROTEST FOR THIS LONG? MAKE UNA FIND OUT STORY BEFORE WAGGING YOUR TOUNGE ANYHOW.

PROUDLY AN MBAISE MAN.
MBAISE, GREAT PEOPLE.

PROUDLY AN MBAISE MAN.

Please educate us why they would refuse a bishop nominated by the pope.
Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by LasGidiOwner: 9:09am On Jul 02, 2017
Okpalaeke is the bishop of Ahiara Imo state whether they like it or not. Pope has spoken.

3 Likes

Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by cooljude(m): 9:09am On Jul 02, 2017
Dreambeat:
I believe there is a lot of misrepresentation by the press about this case.The press is not telling us the truth.The press makes it look like the whole saga is about not accepting a bishop from another part of Igboland.There is more to this than what the press wants us to believe.We all know why the biased Nigerian press is doing this.

What is the main reason for this protest?

2 Likes

Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by Gravas(m): 9:12am On Jul 02, 2017
Shitface:

I have written about it above.

What you have written above is nothing but pure nonsense. Who were the first Catholic Bishops in Nigeria? Were they Nigerians or Whites? You have nothing to argue here. Don't be a disappointment unto yourself and your community. The earlier you tell your people to retrace and refrain from further show of ignorance the better.

6 Likes

Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by Gravas(m): 9:16am On Jul 02, 2017
cooljude:

What is the main reason for this protest?

Very good question. One mr shitface is here writing an epistle full of myopic reasoning.

1 Like

Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by Chyma1(m): 9:18am On Jul 02, 2017
Freiden:
Thunder fall on the pope and the congregation as a whole
You are a fool, a big one at that.

1 Like

Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by Gravas(m): 9:19am On Jul 02, 2017
MrMcJay:

Reading through your post with particular emphasis on the highlighted parts, I'll just suggest that they close down the Diocese and use the parishes as mental health facilities for the Mbaise parishioners.

Your arguments are illogical, incoherent, uncoordinated and opposed to rational thinking.

Shitface. You see what i have been trying to tell you?

3 Likes

Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by kingdenny(m): 9:25am On Jul 02, 2017
A typical mbaise mentality. Fear mbaise man even if he claims to fear God
Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by humilitypays(m): 9:25am On Jul 02, 2017
‎All the people shouting Mbaise, Igbo people this and that! Let me educate you all.

For centuries, the Pope can only come from Europe and no other continent.

The Pope can never be a black, or a Cardinal from Africa, why Catholic Church should start from there first; give a black man the Pope!

Okay let‎s continue..

In Winners Chapel, some high positions can only be occupied by a Yoruba man loyal to Papa!

Same goes to Redeem!

It is shameful that Christians all over the world bring in tribalism and ethnic sentiments into Christianity‎.

Meanwhile, the Press must be hiding some truth about this whole thing as an indirect way to mock Igbos agitation for Biafra and to further convince some Niger Deltans not to join Igbos in agitating for Biafra.

Now if u are a Niger Delta man reading, pls listen up.

You are better of in Biafra than in Nigeria, why

Because Biafra plans to run an independent regional system of government with each region being solely independent and in control of their resources and development and with a common central government that won't be as powerful as Nigeria's Federal Government.

The central government will serve as a unity figure and for foreign affairs, security and foreign policies. So Niger Delta will be like a nation of its own, so u Niger Delta people should calm down. Better still, Niger Delta can be their own country too and stop sayin evil things against Igbos because nonsense stories written by enemies of Igbos you read or heard.‎
Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by KENFERDYOORI(m): 9:28am On Jul 02, 2017
The more we think we know, the more foolish we become!
Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by jimenyo: 9:29am On Jul 02, 2017
Oh God,where have we really got it wrong in this country!Even in church?Come,are we truly the body of Christ as we claim?This is aching!
Ah.... ah!
Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by chiddyj: 9:32am On Jul 02, 2017
Stage 1: Bishops' Recommendations
Every bishop may submit to the archbishop of his province the names of priests he thinks would make good bishops. Prior to the regular province meeting (usually annually), the archbishop distributes to all the bishops of the province the names and curricula vitae of priests which have been submitted to him. Following a discussion among the bishops at the province meeting, a vote is taken on which names to recommend. The number of names on this provincial list may vary. The vote tally, together with the minutes of the meeting, is then forwarded by the archbishop to the apostolic nuncio. The list is also submitted to the board

Stage 2: The Apostolic Nuncio
By overseeing the final list of names forwarded to Rome, the apostolic nuncio plays a decisive role in the selection process. He not only gathers facts and information about potential candidates, but also interprets that information for the Congregation.

Great weight is given to the nuncio's recommendations, but it is important to remember that his "gatekeeper" role, however, does not mean that his recommendations are always followed.

Stage 3: Congregation for Bishops
Once all the documentation from the nuncio is complete and in order, and the prefect approves, the process moves forward. If the appointment involves a bishop who is being promoted or transferred, the matter may be handled by the prefect and the staff. If, however, the appointment is of a priest to the episcopacy, the full congregation is ordinarily involved.
A cardinal relator is chosen to summarize the documentation and make a report to the full congregation, which generally meets twice a month on Thursdays. After hearing the cardinal relator's report, the congregation discusses the appointment and then votes. The Congregation may follow the recommendation of the nuncio, chose another of the candidates on the terna, or even ask that another terna be prepared.
Stage 4: The Pope Decides
At a private audience with the pope, usually on a Saturday, the prefect of the Congregation for Bishops presents the recommendations of the Congregation to the Holy Father. A few days later, the pope informs the Congregation of his decision. The Congregation then notifies the nuncio, who in turn contacts the candidate and asks if he will accept. If the answer is "yes," the Vatican is notified and a date is set for the announcement.
It often takes six to eight months—and sometimes longer—from the time a diocese becomes vacant until a new bishop is appointed

I believe that there may be marginalisation of the mbaise priests bt they r going abou5 it the wrong way! the pope has decided on he okpalaeke fellowand they were nt happy about it! the Pope also heard their delegate out and gave a ruling! the priests should apologise as they were instructed and go abou their divine duties. I have a feeling that politics was involved in d choosing of the bishop bt that is human nature for u- sentimental! I wish they had called on the bishop and submitted the credentials of worthy Imo indigenous priest that qualify for the position for scrutiny and screening for the time Okpalaeke resigns to ensure that the pope made an informed decision! though I feel he will be biased by the reaction of these priests!

as for those people who cannot keep the discuss pilloried to the topic I am disappointed in what nairaland has become-an avenue to expose your stupidity and ethnic bigotry! all this afonja this, Igbo dat and zombie then! that's why we cannot move forward! Going by the trending davido lingo, "sense fall on you!
Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by Nobody: 9:32am On Jul 02, 2017
opalu:
I saw this and wept.

How true is this?

Did you check the facebook post? Please share any links you find, perhaps of the court session.

Peace
Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by cooljude(m): 9:32am On Jul 02, 2017
And we are resolute about it. [/quote]

What you wrote is a shame, the former Archbishop and Cardinal of Lagos was chosen from Oyo Diocese, the present Archbishop was a bishop in Abeokuta diocese. The pope can choose from wherever he wants.

Well, their is politics in everything in life, but from history I am certain the Pope would not bend to your protest. The best you people can do is to excommunicate yourselves and start a new church just like the English did.

Christains of old had leaders that were not indegines and in religion everyone is supposed to be seen as one irrespective of your background and tribe. We all know Mbaise are very proud people and would always choose their own over others (my former VC Onwuliri may his soul rest in peace is a perfect example. He practically dashes admission to his people when VC list comes out) but this is a Catholic (universal) church for all and your bigoted sentiment wouldn't win you any external support.

1 Like

Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by simplycarro: 9:34am On Jul 02, 2017
Very foolish and backward thinking people

2 Likes

Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by humilitypays(m): 9:35am On Jul 02, 2017
‎....and Jesus aid, if u go to preach the goods news to a household and they reject you, don't force them, wash your leg and leave in peace.

Bishop Okpalaeke ought to tell Pope that he doesn't want to serve in that cathedral since the people he wants to serve have rejected him, like that, he will be remembered for and be rewarded by His father in heaven.

In Christianity, you don't force your ideology or self on people who don't want. Don't these people read the Bible

And the Catholics at Ahiara diocese have flopped....this is shameful and disgraceful to say. No matter, as a Christian, you should live a life that radiates purity, honesty, openness and modesty so that people looking at your life would want to serve the same God you are serving and not speak evil or bad about your religion.

We Christians must learn to lead unbelievers to Christ by our lifestyle and attitude and not by words and mere Bible quoting and preaching, that's the sole aim of Christianity!‎

1 Like

Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by Pchidexy(m): 9:36am On Jul 02, 2017
Igbos re very funny people. The division in them is just too much. I met a lady,she asked me where I am from. I told her. She was like 'Mbano kwa' This is despite the fact that my town is much developed than her town.

Once upon a time in my mother's town, Catholics do not marry Methodists. Methodists do not marry other penticostalists and vice versa.

Igbos get wahala abeg. However, division is every where. It is the degree of seriousness attached to it that is the problem.

6 Likes

Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by nne55: 9:37am On Jul 02, 2017
mesoprogress:
Stupidity at the highest level. Mbaise will never change
Shut up
Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by braimeddy: 9:38am On Jul 02, 2017
humilitypays:
‎[s]All the people shouting Mbaise, Igbo people this and that! Let me educate you all.

For centuries, the Pope can only come from Europe and no other continent.

The Pope can never be a black, or a Cardinal from Africa, why Catholic Church should start from there first; give a black man the Pope!

Okay let‎s continue..

In Winners Chapel, some high positions can only be occupied by a Yoruba man loyal to Papa!

Same goes to Redeem!

It is shameful that Christians all over the world bring in tribalism and ethnic sentiments into Christianity‎.

Meanwhile, the Press must be hiding some truth about this whole thing as an indirect way to mock Igbos agitation for Biafra and to further convince some Niger Deltans not to join Igbos in agitating for Biafra.

Now if u are a Niger Delta man reading, pls listen up.

You are better of in Biafra than in Nigeria, why

Because Biafra plans to run an independent regional system of government with each region being solely independent and in control of their resources and development and with a common central government that won't be as powerful as Nigeria's Federal Government.

The central government will serve as a unity figure and for foreign affairs, security and foreign policies. So Niger Delta will be like a nation of its own, so u Niger Delta people should calm down. Better still, Niger Delta can be their own country too and stop sayin evil things against Igbos because nonsense stories written by enemies of Igbos you read or heard[/s].‎

A Nigeria cardinal has been nominated to be a pope before if u don't know.

Inshort everything u said makes no sense

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Some Nigeria Christian Practices That White People Don’t Do / Prophet Arayomi Detained In US Days After Ordeal With DSS In Nigeria / Leke Adeboye & Wife, Rachel Celebrate 10th Wedding Anniversary (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.