Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,119 members, 7,828,987 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS (28165 Views)

Archbishop Obinna Attacked In Imo Catholic Church During Mbata's Burial / Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo / Pope Francis Intervenes In Ahiara Imo Church Ethnic Crisis (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by achieverme(m): 8:14am On Jul 02, 2017
Shitface:
MBAISE, GREAT PEOPLE.
FOR THOSE OF Y'ALL WHO DO NOT CARE TO KNOW WHAT REALLY HAPPENED AND IS HAPPENING BUT INSTEAD WANT TO KEEP BLAMING THE PEOPLE FOR REJECTING THE MAN.
DO YOU THINK EVERYONE THERE IS TRIBALISTIC? U THINK THEY DON'T HAVE A PURPOSE BEHIND ALL THE PROTEST FOR THIS LONG? MAKE UNA FIND OUT STORY BEFORE WAGGING YOUR TOUNGE ANYHOW.

PROUDLY AN MBAISE MAN. MBAISE, GREAT PEOPLE.
FOR THOSE OF Y'ALL WHO DO NOT CARE TO KNOW WHAT REALLY HAPPENED AND IS HAPPENING BUT INSTEAD WANT TO KEEP BLAMING THE PEOPLE FOR REJECTING THE MAN.
DO YOU THINK EVERYONE THERE IS TRIBALISTIC? U THINK THEY DON'T HAVE A PURPOSE BEHIND ALL THE PROTEST FOR THIS LONG? MAKE UNA FIND OUT STORY BEFORE WAGGING YOUR TOUNGE ANYHOW.

PROUDLY AN MBAISE MAN.
MBAISE, GREAT PEOPLE.

PROUDLY AN MBAISE MAN.

OK, kindly educate us on what really happened. We hear you rejected him because he doesn't speak your local dialect. Is that true?

9 Likes

Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by Gourdoinc(m): 8:14am On Jul 02, 2017
are these people Catholics at all? an order from the Pope is being protested against? I must understand their grievances because they are victims of human politics. they have solid points but we don't do God's work by logic or democracy. if okpaleke was chosen irrespective of the injustice perceived from his appointment the priests and laity are supposed to sheathe their swords and follow him. by the way last time I checked it's a temporary thing.

5 Likes

Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by Tolexander: 8:14am On Jul 02, 2017
Danzakidakura:
why won't you shut up this is for Christians not Muslims like you,allow the church to handle their issue and shut up.
lol!

I'm more christian than everyone in your lineage.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by Dreambeat: 8:14am On Jul 02, 2017
I believe there is a lot of misrepresentation by the press about this case.The press is not telling us the truth.The press makes it look like the whole saga is about not accepting a bishop from another part of Igboland.There is more to this than what the press wants us to believe.We all know why the biased Nigerian press is doing this.

2 Likes

Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by johnson232: 8:15am On Jul 02, 2017
Danzakidakura:
why won't you shut up this is for Christians not Muslims like you,allow the church to handle their issue and shut up.
U should be ashamed of yourself if u are truly a christian...

2 Likes

Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by doctokwus: 8:16am On Jul 02, 2017
They don't care if the bishop from their community is a pervert,kidnapper associate or paedophile.Or wheyher d present Bishop is eminently qualified,filled with grace and annointing.All they av been interested in since 2012 is that the Bishop comes from Ahiara.Which kind of people reason this way!
This is exactly d kind of awkward reasoning that has put Nigeria in d mess we find ourselves,clan over expertise and quality.
Well I wish the Holy See grant them their wish and let them stew in their folly years down d line.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by proffemi: 8:16am On Jul 02, 2017
Shitface:
MBAISE, GREAT PEOPLE.

So, why don't you, an Mbaise man, set the records straight? Otherwise, all we have is the report that their primary problem is his dialect.
If that narrative remains, then neither you, nor any Mbaise man anywhere in the world should be proud.

5 Likes

Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by iykofias(m): 8:17am On Jul 02, 2017
braimeddy:
Doicese of portharcourt
he isn't a northerner
Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by achieverme(m): 8:17am On Jul 02, 2017
Eazybay:

I don't care what others believe!! I've been a victim of tribalism and so have you.. Nigeria is obviously run along very unequal lines, but this right here is NOT the issue. The Church has a lotta problems and some ppl are even resisting the pontiff! Annoying ppl like u don't even know what's on ground.. The pope would believe everything his reps tell him! My bro served there, face issues and forget Biafra.

"Igbos don't like each other", pray tell, do Nigerians like each other? Call me Igbo, if datz what it takes to infuse sense to ur flawed reasoning.

Nigerians don't like themselves and that is why igbos want to separate from Nigeria. Now that igbos don't like themselves, as confirmed by you, won't you also separate from each other after forming biafra? Your reasoning is stupid and backward

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by proffemi: 8:17am On Jul 02, 2017
Tolexander:
lol!

I'm more christian than everyone in your lineage.

Take it easy, there is no such thing as "more Christian"!
Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by braimeddy: 8:17am On Jul 02, 2017
Yea. I've edited my previous comment.
iykofias:
he isn't a northerner

1 Like

Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by johnson232: 8:21am On Jul 02, 2017
Dreambeat:
I believe there is a lot of misrepresentation by the press about this case.The press is not telling us the truth.The press makes it look like the whole saga is about not accepting a bishop from another part of Igboland.There is more to this than what the press wants us to believe.We all know why the biased Nigerian press is doing this.
Stop trying to defend the obvious...
I wonder why u Igbos hate yourselves so much...I was listening to dream fm Enugu some days back, a man called in to say his father is against his choice of wife because she is from Enugu & he is from Imo. & Wonder how u people intend to sustain biafra with this hatred for one another

The first problem biafra will have as a nation is where the capital will be located....

If u people can't marry one another, accept a bishop from another town, not even far away state ooo....then the issue of where the capital of biafra will be is gonna be a tough one & it is gonna be the first problem for biafrans....

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by ihimiray(m): 8:21am On Jul 02, 2017
See igbos are just too impossible... We as catholics should respect the popes decision but u people are just too stubborn, an he is an igbo man, why can u people just tolerate.. See am from uromi and some time ago the bishop of Dat place was one pompous igbo man but we didn't complain Dat he is not from our place we accepted him... Now he is the archbishop of Benin.... Still he was accept Ed cos we don't see tribe but people.... Thunder fire all of una wey no want that man as una bishop....

13 Likes

Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by iykofias(m): 8:22am On Jul 02, 2017
braimeddy:
Yea. I've edited my previous comment.
ok

1 Like

Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by jmoore(m): 8:23am On Jul 02, 2017
Mbaise and Ngwa, these two are known to drag traditional matters in the church. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by Tolexander: 8:23am On Jul 02, 2017
proffemi:

Take it easy, there is no such thing as "more Christian"!
there is. Drop that theoretical aspect of believe!
Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by kitaatita: 8:24am On Jul 02, 2017
Where are the 3, 000 laity. Okorocha has no role to play in this. It is disgraceful for the priests and their followers to insist that one one them should be Bishop. If they don't have personal gains, it won't matter to them who is Bishop.
Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by bigtt76(f): 8:25am On Jul 02, 2017
Very sad! Politics and tribal sentiments has finally reared its ugly head in our church. What does having to be an indigenous person got to do with a church appointment. If he cannot speak their dialect, surely there would be folks who can and interpret. Same way the missionaries of old survived.

braimeddy:
See them. Just because an ipob man is not from IMO state, he was rejected. This is what we re going to be expecting when they eventually have Biafra as a country. No unity among them in anyway. The Bishop of rivers state is an Akwa ibom man. Yet u didn't hear any noise from the rivers people.

1 Like

Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by tete7000(m): 8:25am On Jul 02, 2017
These mbaise people are as people call them. Anyone who is not happy should exit the church. Na by force to be catholic? See them encouraging their young ones to be rebellions, tomorrow they will say they become disobedient to them and also to their spouses. Senseless people.

2 Likes

Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by Jexyme(f): 8:26am On Jul 02, 2017
Given opportunity, these people can even protest God's judgements.

May God have mercy on their ratchet souls.

1 Like

Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by tickertop(m): 8:26am On Jul 02, 2017
If there is another story to what the media says, then why is it difficult For one mbaise indigene here to tell us the real truth. I've been here for an hour now, all they claim is," there's more to it than what the press says". Please tell us....

10 Likes

Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by hysteriabox(m): 8:27am On Jul 02, 2017
opalu:
I saw this and wept.
Well, its obvious that this captain was after something else, not freedom

1 Like

Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by proffemi: 8:28am On Jul 02, 2017
Tolexander:
there is. Drop that theoretical aspect of believe!

Theoretical?!
Kindly don't mix up holding office in a church (an organization) with being a follower of the one who said (of humility) "let the greatest among you be like a servant". The moment you profess your humility, you lose a little of it.
Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by ettybaba(m): 8:30am On Jul 02, 2017
tickertop:
If there is another story to what the media says, then why is it difficult For one mbaise indigene here to tell us the real truth. I've been here for an hour now, all they claim is," there's more to it than what the press says". Please tell us....
I have been following the story for years and I can categorically tell you that the bishop was rejected only because he isn't from Mbaise.
Mbaise people claim they have indigenous priests and as such the Pope should make one of them head the dioceses.
Datzall.

9 Likes

Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by Biggers82(m): 8:36am On Jul 02, 2017
I think the guy who invented ties was trying to commit suicide then he saw himself in the mirror & thought... "Wait, this looks nice."..
they should all commit Suicide idiots

2 Likes

Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by Samuel1106(m): 8:37am On Jul 02, 2017
Mbaise people and their mentality. They want to be the head of every organization they found themselves. Too bad.
Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by Nobody: 8:37am On Jul 02, 2017
ChangeIsCostant:
There was tension yesterday at the Ahiara Catholic Diocese in Ahiazu Mbaise Council Area of Imo state as the planned public protest and procession by the laity council over the appointment of Peter Ebele Okpalaeke as the Bishop of the diocese was aborted by the heavy presence of armed policemen and other security agencies who were stationed at all strategic junctions leading to the diocese.

Over 3, 000 faithful of Ahiara Diocese of the Catholic Church converged on the Mater Ecclesiae cathedral, Mbaise in Imo State for a rally to restate their total rejection of the embattled Bishop Peter Ebele Okpaleke.

Okpaleke was anointed and consecrated bishop of the diocese by Pope Benedict XVI in 2012 but both the Laity Council and the priests in the diocese rejected his appointed on the grounds that he is not an indigene of the area, among other reasons.

The angry faithful of the diocese said they were only fighting alleged imposition of a bishop on the diocese and not the Catholic Pontiff.

The diocesan youths, who put on black attire, chanted solidarity songs to reaffirm their support for the position taken by the Ahiara Diocese clerics and the laity council’s to rejection of Okpaleke.

Other Catholic men and women who dressed in different church uniforms, also participated in the rally, which started with a rosary procession round the cathedral.

This was just as the Imo state Governor, Rochas Okorocha has appealed for calm, urging the priests and laity of the diocese to sheathe their swords.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/07/ahiara-catholic-diocese-crisis-in-imo-state-procession.html

Don't go to Yoruba churches,it will soon be don't go to pope churches, How is it that you guys just enjoy making enemies every where.

5 Likes

Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by kitaatita: 8:41am On Jul 02, 2017
Shitface:
MBAISE, GREAT PEOPLE.

PROUDLY AN MBAISE MAN.
MBAISE, GREAT PEOPLE.

PROUDLY AN MBAISE MAN.

If you are a priest, you are not qualified to administer any sacrament. You have disgraced your calling. I have followed the crisis in Maisel and I can't find any justification in what you are doing. It is disgraceful.
Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by 5chrisade: 8:42am On Jul 02, 2017
Shitface:
MBAISE, GREAT PEOPLE.

PROUDLY AN MBAISE MAN.
MBAISE, GREAT PEOPLE.

PROUDLY AN MBAISE MAN.
please educate us about what happened since we don't know.

3 Likes

Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by Gravas(m): 8:44am On Jul 02, 2017
tickertop:

Same with me my brother. Would hv put my comment since bt hv bn waiting 4 them to gv us d correct position of things. Bt nobody is coming out to set things straight.
Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by OtemAtum: 8:45am On Jul 02, 2017
Einl:
After all this nonsense, they think heaven is viable for them?

Goats.

Big goats.

They are not goats but sheeple.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Christians:What Fruit Did Adam And Eve Eat Inside The Garden Of Eden? / Forbes: The Five Richest Pastors In Nigeria / Funeral Home Denies Involvement In Alleged Ressurection Of Man By A Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.