Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,335 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS (28169 Views)

Archbishop Obinna Attacked In Imo Catholic Church During Mbata's Burial / Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo / Pope Francis Intervenes In Ahiara Imo Church Ethnic Crisis (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by DIMGUY(m): 11:34am On Jul 02, 2017
Mbaise is different from other igbos cos, even their brother Dr. Sir Warrior said that, if an mbaise man and snake enther your house first kill the mbaise man before killing the snake. Meaning they are very bad, they are not christian. Other igbos does marry them, if you go to mbaise, you will found their ladies still single at the age of 50.

4 Likes

Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by Nobody: 11:44am On Jul 02, 2017
opalu:
I saw this and wept.
Afonja, this has been proven to be old picture, and the person wearing white inside the van is Nnamdi Kalu, these people are well taken care of, if you know how much is pumped into their family by Igbos living in abroad you will shut up.

Ambode was rejected when he wanted to contest for governorship , he was called an ONDO man.... no Igbos came to lash you, this thread is already full of AFONJAS just here to tell us how we hate each other..... when we prove them wrong they go about shouting we are the problem of Nigeria..... Divide and Rule dont work in Igbo land again. Church is church, Government is government..... Let the church solve their problem...IPOB will take care of its problem and Yorubas will keep on killing themselves for other people's problem while forgetting theirs

1 Like

Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by whitebeard(m): 12:22pm On Jul 02, 2017
mmsen:

Are they not all Igbos? What is the issue?
they are oo, but from different location.. Like different LGA.
Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by Theman13: 12:29pm On Jul 02, 2017
achieverme:
The laity may not understand the weight of what they are doing, but I expect the priests to understand what this means .

Catholic authority is not a democracy where you can choose. Ibadan Archbishop is from osun state. Ekiti Bishop is from ondo state.

This is clearly disobedience and insubordination

The Archbishop of Ibadan is from Iwere Ile in Oyo state. Despite that, he was formally the bishop of Oshogbo diocese. The present bishop of Oshogbo diocese is from Awe in Oyo state. The Bishop of Abuja is from Kogi state, Cardinal Olubunmi Okogie is not from Lagos state and I don't think Bishop Kukah Hassan is from Sokoto state. Any Bishop installed in Rome automatically becomes the Pope. Pope Saint John Paul II was from Poland, Benedict XVI was from Germany while Francis I is from Argentina. All these shows the universality of the church since we believe that "the water of baptism is thicker than blood".

4 Likes

Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by bizzibodi(m): 1:27pm On Jul 02, 2017
what a very troublesome tribe i wish dey are togolese.
Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by bizzibodi(m): 1:39pm On Jul 02, 2017
braimeddy:

A Nigeria cardinal has been nominated to be a pope before if u don't know.
Inshort everything u said makes no sense
just leave am,which God will allow a nigerian 2 b pope?
Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by smileyoo: 1:43pm On Jul 02, 2017
tribalism in the church is totally wrong. how 'll they be able to preach against the evil of tribalism in the larger society, when they themselves are neck deep in it?

1 Like

Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by bizzibodi(m): 1:44pm On Jul 02, 2017
they hav no choice dey better obey d pope or send them all to hell instructing d devil never 2 release them.
Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by proffemi: 1:48pm On Jul 02, 2017
Thanks for your explanation. To be frank with you though (and I want to be very polite), you guys have no case still.
The Roman Catholic Church is not a democracy my brother, or do no not believe in spiritual authority?

Shitface:
...he leaves some names of people whom he thinks can succeed him, these names can come from anywhere and from any tribe. It is left for the people of the diocese, the pope and other faithfuls to pray and select someone among the names presented by the late bishop.
I take it your mentioning the Pope after 'the people" is no mistake. And you folks are Catholics? Odd. Spiritual authority!

...but not one of those presented by the late bishop was picked instead a priest was appointed bishop from a completely different place
So? Must the Pope, or the Cardinal follow the Bishop's wishes? Spiritual authority!

he has never been to our diocese, he hasn't been there even for Apostolic work.... Nothing.
So?

This said priest was RUMORED to have been promised to be Bishop by the cardinal ...WITHOUT NOT EVEN AN EXPLANATION ON WHY THE NORMAL PROCEDURE WAS BOYCOTTED is not fair.
So

Mbaise is 98% Catholic with the rest been protestants... We value our priest alot and our bishop too, we look up to them for guidance and also as mentors and role models. They are FATHERS. bringing a stranger to become the Dad of our home wasn't accepted and strongly rejected by the people,he is a square peg in a round hole. And we are resolute about it.

Hmm, if I say what I really think about Mbaises after this, you won't like me at all. This is a show of shame.

2 Likes

Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by proffemi: 1:59pm On Jul 02, 2017
Sagay212:
The problem with the ipods and biafrauds is that they are extremely foolishly stubborn. ...You don't want a particular priest or bishop because he doesn't speak your dialect or not from your community or whatever. These are people who call themselves Christians and still discriminating against their bishop/priest... I think the air they breathe in the east affects their brain.

Must you abuse an entire tribe because of the actions of one town? To ba je omo Yoruba ni e:ma doju tiwa pelu iwa palapala joo.
Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by JAYUK(m): 2:01pm On Jul 02, 2017
The pope should not have allowed these theatricals get this far,the world spiritual head ought to have expunged these miscreants from the catholic church priesthood eternally, this would have settled the matter.Now see where we are,this is a big slap on the papalcy and the catholic church.
Imagine a CEO of an organization passing an instruction and a manager or supervisor is hell bent on not adhering,the papalcy's stand is sacrosanct, the Ahiara priests do not have any moral justification to this their shameful display of ignorance and gross disobedience. Let the balls of fire start rolling.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by julioralph(m): 2:17pm On Jul 02, 2017
otino:
Where is da LOVE
Help me ask them oo, I'm sooo disgusted with all these foolishness and strong headiness, even in the house of God .

Dem for kuku travel to Rome and fight papa francis na angry

1 Like

Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by GreenCap: 2:20pm On Jul 02, 2017
johnson232:

Stop trying to defend the obvious...
I wonder why u Igbos hate yourselves so much...I was listening to dream fm Enugu some days back, a man called in to say his father is against his choice of wife because she is from Enugu & he is from Imo. & Wonder how u people intend to sustain biafra with this hatred for one another

The first problem biafra will have as a nation is where the capital will be located....

If u people can't marry one another, accept a bishop from another town, not even far away state ooo....then the issue of where the capital of biafra will be is gonna be a tough one & it is gonna be the first problem for biafrans....

Church of Scotland mission, Presbytery of Biafra, Calabar, 1858

capital, Oil Rivers Protectorate, 1885

capital, Southern Nigeria, 1900

capital, Eastern Region, 1946

clause: if the SS merges with the SE, then it's Calabar.

Ahiara declaration, 1969
historic town

quote me, Ojukwu palm tree fall on you

mba ise!
Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by Dubem85: 2:25pm On Jul 02, 2017
To be honest am yet to understand why this mbaise people are finding it to difficult to obey the popes order. This is total diobedience and a sin against God especially an order coming from the pope..Let them not allow koboko from God to fall on them...smh for them undecided

2 Likes

Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by 36STATES: 2:36pm On Jul 02, 2017
tickertop:
If there is another story to what the media says, then why is it difficult For one mbaise indigene here to tell us the real truth. I've been here for an hour now, all they claim is," there's more to it than what the press says". Please tell us....

Mbaise has 760 priests, none has ever become a bishop. Awka in Anambra state where Okpalaeke comes from has less than 100 priest, but has 7 bishops. There is politics everywhere, don't be naive.

Ojukwu declared the republic of Biafra at the very site of that cathedral in Ahiara Mbaise for a reason.
We are fiercely independent minded, highly educated, very intelligent and don't behold to no one.

I love the middle finger they have given to the pope.

1 Like

Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by Sagay212: 2:37pm On Jul 02, 2017
proffemi:

Must you abuse an entire tribe because of the actions of one town? To ba je omo Yoruba ni e:ma doju tiwa pelu iwa palapala joo.

Take your time to read and spot the words used carefully. I said ipods and biafrua.ds. I did not mention igbos. Stop jumping like an antelope. E n mbe bi oya

1 Like

Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by chijiblaze(m): 2:56pm On Jul 02, 2017
9jakohai:
So Ahiara Catholics are saying that they don't want to obey their Pope?

OK..now...make they form their own church...make them appoint their tribesmen as Bishop and Popes.

It is really sad that Nigerian Christianity as a whole is so riven by tribalism and by arguments over who should be the leader of a church.

See what happened in Assemblies of God, CAC and so on.

Mbaise has only catholic churches. All the others make up less than 2% of the population.
Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by chijiblaze(m): 3:03pm On Jul 02, 2017
DIMGUY:
Mbaise is different from other igbos cos, even their brother Dr. Sir Warrior said that, if an mbaise man and snake enther your house first kill the mbaise man before killing the snake. Meaning they are very bad, they are not christian. Other igbos does marry them, if you go to mbaise, you will found their ladies still single at the age of 50.

Silly you!
It wasn't Warrior who said that. It was one useless, good-for-nothing ex-musician who had a bitter falling-out with the Ultimate Dr. Sir. Warrior and his oriental band and said that to spirit Warrior.

1 Like

Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by proffemi: 4:19pm On Jul 02, 2017
Sagay212:
Take your time to read and spot the words used carefully. I said ipods and biafrua.ds. I did not mention igbos. Stop jumping like an antelope. E n mbe bi oya

I took a few minutes to go through your previous posts to confirm what I already knew. You wrote this on June 8:
"you ipods are so good at preetending. Now you are asking why so much hatred when you igbos are the masters when it comes to hate. You ipods hate the hausas, yorubas, edos..."

So obviously, I am not jumping like an antelope. Your mouth (fingers) is yours, and you are free to use as you wish. Just ask yourself though: would you be comfortable letting your parents, spouse or child see the stuff you type here? Don't delude yourself that you're just having fun. Words are important. Use them wisely.

Peace.

3 Likes

Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by Bondesniger(m): 4:20pm On Jul 02, 2017
I WAS THINKING CHURCHES DONT HAVE BOUNDARIES

THE MAN IS NOT FROM THE COMMUNITIES BUT A CATHOLIC shocked

1 Like

Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by enemyofprogress: 4:43pm On Jul 02, 2017
Igbos and protest. Even if God come down na dem go lead the protest sey dem no want am.

1 Like

Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by johntolu: 5:07pm On Jul 02, 2017
[color=#006600][/color]
ettybaba:
This is so shameful.
This is the same way these shameless people almost destroyed Assemblies of God Church.
They shout marginalisation and cause crises almost everywhere. The House of God isn't left out.
Isn't it absurd that a people that cannot run a political party, cannot run a church want to run a country?

You nailed it!
Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by mechanics(m): 5:38pm On Jul 02, 2017
hmmmm, this people again, i think they want the devil to use them to disrupt the good plan the Pope has for that church, they should better stop their agitations and let the will of God prevail, if not something bad may happen to them for rejecting the instructions of their spiritual leader.
Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by otino(m): 6:14pm On Jul 02, 2017
julioralph:

Help me ask them oo, I'm sooo disgusted with all these foolishness and strong headiness, even in the house of God .

Dem for kuku travel to Rome and fight papa francis na angry

or better still demand d papa should come from Ahiara.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by ofuonyebi: 6:56pm On Jul 02, 2017
Are we really one Nigeria?

IPOB rejecting Niger delta indigene...

Dogs now eating dogs in Nigeria!....Tufiakwa!!

1 Like

Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by sapele914(m): 7:07pm On Jul 02, 2017
catlova2:
Very backward people
Purported biafran citizens,ethnically biased even in religion, I wonder how they will be in statehood? Dispeacable lot.

1 Like

Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by Sagay212: 8:17pm On Jul 02, 2017
proffemi:

I took a few minutes to go through your previous posts to confirm what I already knew. You wrote this on June 8:
"you ipods are so good at preetending. Now you are asking why so much hatred when you igbos are the masters when it comes to hate. You ipods hate the hausas, yorubas, edos..."

So obviously, I am not jumping like an antelope. Your mouth (fingers) is yours, and you are free to use as you wish. Just ask yourself though: would you be comfortable letting your parents, spouse or child see the stuff you type here? Don't delude yourself that you're just having fun. Words are important. Use them wisely.

Peace.

I can explain it to you but can't understand it for you. You can stay away from my comments if you don't like them. And I really don't see you mentioning every other person whose posts are vividly tribal. Nig.ga the phuck is wrong with you. Do not quote me. Drop your comments and move on. How many NLanders profiles and comments have you gone through today to quote them? Nna mehn! Happumaka ooo.
Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by kayalla(f): 10:28pm On Jul 02, 2017
and this is how they want to actualize their biafra!
i said it before and i will say it again, WE IGBOS' RE OUR OWN PROBLEM

1 Like

Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by Abujaexpress: 2:38am On Jul 03, 2017
braimeddy:
See them. Just because an ipob man is not from IMO state, he was rejected. This is what we re going to be expecting when they eventually have Biafra as a country. No unity among them in anyway. The Bishop of rivers state is an Akwa ibom man. Yet u didn't hear any noise from the rivers people.
Also, the Bishop of Benin Arch Diocese, Bishop Akabueze, is an Ibo man, yet no dissents from Edo people. These Biafrans better get serious.

1 Like

Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by totorimi: 7:41am On Jul 03, 2017
So they are now challenging the Pope's decision?

...but they told us back in the days at cathechism that the Pope is infallible. Those people should be careful o before they incur the wrath from above on their land.
Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by ihimiray(m): 11:28am On Jul 03, 2017
NtoAkwaIbom:

lols, so now so are saying that we fumigate the air in the east ? with wot mbok "Common Sensicide" ??!! or "De-sentimentizer" ??!!
o boy u savage man

1 Like

Re: Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS by Olaolufred(m): 1:58pm On Jul 03, 2017
whitebeard:
because he is not indigene of the area...oo lawd see madness

Every other man's land is "no man's land"
But iboes enclave is their land.
Biafra will do exactly just like south sudan.
time is ticking.
Opaleke seems to have a yoruba or hausa root.
I can't understand this rejection if not for the hatred for nothern cows and western ofe mmanu.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Funeral Home Denies Involvement In Alleged Ressurection Of Man By A Pastor / Forbes: The Five Richest Pastors In Nigeria / Some Nigeria Christian Practices That White People Don’t Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.