Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,682 members, 7,813,270 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:58 AM

Why Are Programmers/ict Gurus Not Romantic? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Programmers/ict Gurus Not Romantic? (1057 Views)

Why is our women and girls not romantic in Nigeria? / Most Girls Are Not Romantic / .. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Programmers/ict Gurus Not Romantic? by Nofuckgiven: 8:26am On Jul 02, 2017
Most of them are just not romantic and don't usually have long lasting relationships why?
I recently asked one of my male friends who is a web developer this question and he said its because they are already in love with their job.
Same also applies to the few women in the field.
Is it true? undecided
BTW I need a boyfriend who is an expert in java. I am learning android app development and seems its necessary. I always find it difficult and boring.
Send pm for location. cool

1 Like

Re: Why Are Programmers/ict Gurus Not Romantic? by dingbang(m): 8:33am On Jul 02, 2017
I like it when ladies take into ICT .. I find them hot...

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Programmers/ict Gurus Not Romantic? by Olamid234(m): 8:33am On Jul 02, 2017
You need to understand that in life, most of the time it's what we pay attention to that we succeed at.

If a person pays attention to romanticism, the person becomes more romantic & if a person pays attention to programming, the person becomes a better programmer.

So back to the question, programmers are less likely to be romantic as programming is a time consuming and mental intensive task, and therefore most programmers have little time left to spend on other things even romance.

"Is it true?" There will still be programmers who are romantic though
smiley

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Programmers/ict Gurus Not Romantic? by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:37am On Jul 02, 2017
Because being romantic is considered a waste of valuable time. And Time is money.
Re: Why Are Programmers/ict Gurus Not Romantic? by Kondomatic(m): 8:46am On Jul 02, 2017
JeffreyJamez:
Because being romantic is considered a waste of valuable time. And Time is money.
I don't even understand why they(women) expect us Nigerian guys to be romantic when we are not Romans.

I have told my woman that I love her and that's it. If anything changes, I will update her. I cannor come and be saying I love you every time, nah food?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Programmers/ict Gurus Not Romantic? by Nobody: 8:47am On Jul 02, 2017
grin I don't agree with you. It’s a proven fact! A study of 2000 people in the UK found that computer geeks make the best lovers out of all other professions. Anyone can buy flowers, but a geek will serenade you with a Youtube video or a pop-up love note on your computer screen. Romance 2.0! Swoon. They’ll get you illegal copies of the hottest Hollywood blockbusters just released in theatres. They’ll never forget important dates like birthdays or anniversaries. They don’t get much attention from women, so when they do, they’ll do everything in their power to keep it. As skilled researchers, geeks will go to the ends of the earth to learn about what makes you tick.

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Programmers/ict Gurus Not Romantic? by Nobody: 8:55am On Jul 02, 2017
They've spent so much time in front of their computer and have forgotten how the real world works

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Programmers/ict Gurus Not Romantic? by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:04am On Jul 02, 2017
Kondomatic:
I don't even understand why they(women) expect us Nigerian guys to be romantic when we are not Romans.

I have told my woman that I love her and that's it. If anything changes, I will update her. I cannor come and be saying I love you every time, nah food?

No na,they expect our world to revolve around them. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Are Programmers/ict Gurus Not Romantic? by Nofuckgiven: 9:14am On Jul 02, 2017
Kondomatic:

At least now you know why she might cheat or break up with you. Will it actually cost you anything to say the words once in a while? Gosh! undecided
All the same,you need to be updated on the latest version of the app 'Romance' grin
BTW the bolded above,was it meant to be a joke? Not funny undecided
Re: Why Are Programmers/ict Gurus Not Romantic? by Nofuckgiven: 9:16am On Jul 02, 2017
androidroot:
grin I don't agree with you. It’s a proven fact! A study of 2000 people in the UK found that computer geeks make the best lovers out of all other professions. Anyone can buy flowers, but a geek will serenade you with a Youtube video or a pop-up love note on your computer screen. Romance 2.0! Swoon. They’ll get you illegal copies of the hottest Hollywood blockbusters just released in theatres. They’ll never forget important dates like birthdays or anniversaries. They don’t get much attention from women, so when they do, they’ll do everything in their power to keep it. As skilled researchers, geeks will go to the ends of the earth to learn about what makes you tick.
Didn't you read the story of that Chinese geek who bought 1 thousand Iphones to propose to his girlfriend and she turned him down? Women need more than material things. Not only ICT gurus and programmers are rich you know? undecided
Re: Why Are Programmers/ict Gurus Not Romantic? by Cannonleo(m): 9:19am On Jul 02, 2017
We are actually very romantic to the core, we are misunderstood and expected to behave in a way that suits ladies not us.. that doesn't work
Re: Why Are Programmers/ict Gurus Not Romantic? by Kondomatic(m): 9:27am On Jul 02, 2017
Nofuckgiven:

At least now you know why she might cheat or break up with you. Will it actually cost you anything to say the words once in a while? Gosh! undecided
All the same,you need to be updated on the latest version of the app 'Romance' grin
BTW the bolded above,was it meant to be a joke? Not funny undecided
What you're saying in essence is that people who say those words have never been cheated on?

A cheat will cheat no matter what and I don't worry my head about that. If my actions and attitudes towards her ain't enough then the door is always open.
Re: Why Are Programmers/ict Gurus Not Romantic? by Nofuckgiven: 9:30am On Jul 02, 2017
Kondomatic:
What you're saying in essence is that people who say those words have never been cheated on?

A cheat will cheat no matter what and I don't worry my head about that. If my actions and attitudes towards her ain't enough then the door is always open.
Maybe she had already left since. Just bidding her time to say its over officially. All the same,it won't cost you anything to say those words to save your relationship.#QED
Re: Why Are Programmers/ict Gurus Not Romantic? by slayking(m): 1:23pm On Jul 02, 2017
Nofuckgiven:

Maybe she had already left since. Just bidding her time to say its over officially. All the same,it won't cost you anything to say those words to save your relationship.#QED

Do you school in abk? You sound like someone i know.
Re: Why Are Programmers/ict Gurus Not Romantic? by antieverything(m): 2:17pm On Jul 02, 2017
Lol... grin
Re: Why Are Programmers/ict Gurus Not Romantic? by Nofuckgiven: 3:45pm On Jul 02, 2017
slayking:

Do you school in abk? You sound like someone i know.
Are you for real? Sound ke? undecided
Re: Why Are Programmers/ict Gurus Not Romantic? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jul 02, 2017
- Baby, you overclock my processor.
- You make my floppy disk turn into a hard drive.
- You make me want to calibrate my joystick without the latest drivers.
- You defragment my life.
- you think we can make it a step more serious and disable network sharing?
- Baby, let me find your nth term.
- Its not the length of the vector that counts. Its how you apply the force.
- I can't wait to inject your SQL into my application layer.
- Baby, my microsoft just turned into a macro hard.
- I'd like you to catch my exception while my stack overflows.
- You are orienting my objects.
- Come home with me and let me corrupt your heap.
- Everytime I use my Palm, I think of you.
- Some say you are static, but I know you can fill my private void.
- Every time I touch my protected files, I think of you.
- I have a protocol that is looking for a socket.
Re: Why Are Programmers/ict Gurus Not Romantic? by slayking(m): 5:02pm On Jul 02, 2017
Nofuckgiven:

Are you for real? Sound ke? undecided
Yes or No.
Re: Why Are Programmers/ict Gurus Not Romantic? by sekem: 5:01am On Jul 04, 2017
I am a Java programmer

I don't have any time for any romance with any woman whose IQ is below 130

So what's your IQ?
Re: Why Are Programmers/ict Gurus Not Romantic? by obonujoker(m): 9:02am On Jul 04, 2017
Mark Zuckerberg
Bill Gates..
Re: Why Are Programmers/ict Gurus Not Romantic? by davroca16(m): 11:51pm On Jul 05, 2017
Nofuckgiven:
Most of them are just not romantic and don't usually have long lasting relationships why?
I recently asked one of my male friends who is a web developer this question and he said its because they are already in love with their job.
Is it true? undecided
BTW I need a boyfriend who is an expert in java. I am learning android app development and seems its necessary. I always find it difficult and boring.

I could careless about the boy friend part... am a java developer(SE,ME,EE) close to 7 years experience I develop native android. your learning android... maybe i could be of help... over time, during the course of my lectures with my students, i was able to gather a community of java developers on whats app(android inclusive). 08130804890 that's my mobile no. text me ur number or give me a call if you want to join the group. maybe you'll find what ur looking for there. **don't worry, i'll keep your true intent secret within the activity that hold the fragments of the group wink **
Re: Why Are Programmers/ict Gurus Not Romantic? by mystery65(m): 11:59pm On Jul 05, 2017
Nofuckgiven:
Is it true? undecided
programming is complex, involving in it wil surely take ur time,money,attention,sleep.... So bro thinking something else outside dah circle is #BOOM.
Re: Why Are Programmers/ict Gurus Not Romantic? by davroca16(m): 12:02am On Jul 06, 2017
sekem:
I am a Java programmer

I don't have any time for any romance with any woman whose IQ is below 130

So what's your IQ?
lol chill bro am a java developer... smiley am not sure i score up to 130 on any of these IQ test but am sure i code well enough. and i deliver my jave projects well enough and in time. honestly, i get quite puzzled when i think about it... i begin to wonder if these IQ test can truly be a yardstick for measuring ones developers quotient completely...
Re: Why Are Programmers/ict Gurus Not Romantic? by boiz2men(m): 12:03am On Jul 06, 2017
Y do u want to learn java? Learn ionic and you good to go
Re: Why Are Programmers/ict Gurus Not Romantic? by davroca16(m): 12:10am On Jul 06, 2017
@sekem it's rare to see good java developers around...really. though i develop for other platforms of java, i base in Java EE, using JSF facelets and primefaces framework. i also play around with hibernate and the others. you?
Re: Why Are Programmers/ict Gurus Not Romantic? by davroca16(m): 12:16am On Jul 06, 2017
boiz2men:
Y do u want to learn java? Learn ionic and you good to go
i currently work with ionic and cordova; despite knowing native. ionic isnt java... and android entirely is only a little portion of java.
Re: Why Are Programmers/ict Gurus Not Romantic? by davroca16(m): 12:17am On Jul 06, 2017
i wish this topic was created in programmers section undecided
Re: Why Are Programmers/ict Gurus Not Romantic? by boiz2men(m): 12:21am On Jul 06, 2017
davroca16:
i currently work with ionic and cordova; despite knowing native. ionic isnt java... and android entirely is only a little portion of java.
But the op said he wishes to learn android development... Why learn android solo when you can learn ionic and build android, windows and iOS with same codes
Re: Why Are Programmers/ict Gurus Not Romantic? by davroca16(m): 12:51am On Jul 06, 2017
you do know those frame work has its downsides even though it's platform independent. remember ionic isn't java at all and i think the op is focused on java and and how it's used to build native android apps. still if i were to advise, i'll suggest a proper understanding and usage of the native approach before considering hybrid (that's where ionic comes into the picture). it not only improves versatility in cases where hybrid faces its ultimate limitation of speed and limited permissions when it's compared to native, but it also helps the developer appreciate both approach from their strengths and weaknesses including when best to use them.
Re: Why Are Programmers/ict Gurus Not Romantic? by davroca16(m): 1:06am On Jul 06, 2017
honestly, i really hope oracle finds a way to make java engine for android translate to other respective os so we can focus on something else, other than struggling with these frameworks for creating hybrid; i mean they can do that on a whim... am beginning to find it uncomfortable explaining this to people every time. i would only suggest hybrid when the aim of development is only focused of having a copy of that app for ios and windows, under one build regardless of the other arising disadvantages of hybrid apps. believe me, it takes alot to beat native app development. and am sure hybrid app development is still yet to get there.

(1) (Reply)

The First Ever Gay Muslim Wedding Takes Place In United Kingdom / All I Did To Smash Blac Chyna Was Buy Her Lunch - Man Claims / How Does Tribe Affect Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.