Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,160 members, 7,835,877 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others (42527 Views)

Rnv Curriculum:the Letter That Upset Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others In Pfn. / Adeboye & Oyedepo At Pentecostal Fellowship Of Nigeria (pics) / Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by Sas4lyf: 9:28pm On Jul 02, 2017
hmmmn,point of correction, arabic is a language not a religion

1 Like

Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by obembet(f): 9:28pm On Jul 02, 2017
Terrorist religion...

Osama na Muslim

Book haram Muslim

5 Likes

Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by Integrityfarms(m): 9:29pm On Jul 02, 2017
Let's see how they will force we easterners to learn Arabic language? Who e epp

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by damilareoye: 9:29pm On Jul 02, 2017
Full support

For what nonsense reason would students be forced to attend Arabic classes all in the name of claiming it to be a language.

3 Likes

Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by ifenes(m): 9:30pm On Jul 02, 2017
Teach the kids to think and ask question, they will decide if they want to be religious.

2 Likes

Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by olaben16: 9:30pm On Jul 02, 2017
Seen
Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by YelloweWest: 9:31pm On Jul 02, 2017
Imagine... is this all they can come up with??

I was expecting to hear them organising mass protest!

These uncircumcised bastards are trying to change our way of life as Christians and this is all our leaders can come up with??

1 Like

Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by omogin(f): 9:31pm On Jul 02, 2017
If buhari na better person, by now the whole country go dey pray and fast for his recovery. Now everyone has forgotten about him running the affairs of the country.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by stilldoingokay(f): 9:31pm On Jul 02, 2017
Arabic is a language not a religion and there have Christians and Muslims let stop all those hate. and I also condemn the removing of the Christins religion from the school
Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by valleygirl: 9:31pm On Jul 02, 2017
Badonasty:

Arabic is a language not a religion
Why are we not studying Chinese we trade with? I am sure the phone you use to type the above is made in China.

8 Likes

Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by Badonasty(m): 9:31pm On Jul 02, 2017
Anikulhapo:

Even Yoruba and Igbo are not compulsory, so y should arabic be?

Yoruba was compulsory during my time in primary and secondary school...I don't know about now sha

3 Likes

Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by Kakamorufu(m): 9:32pm On Jul 02, 2017
whatever rocks their boat.

well whoever brought the idea of merging those religious studies need to be caned
Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by Authentic1010(m): 9:32pm On Jul 02, 2017
thesicilian:
Good idea, wrong approach.
The best way to fell a tree is to uproot it totally. If indeed Arabic studies has been made compulsory in schools, telling Christian students to boycott it may only earn them punishments. It is better if this anomaly is fought from the roots: the legislation itself should be reversed completely. Which should not be difficult at all now that we have a Christian as President.

You have spoken very well.
It has to be reversed completely from schools. Otherwise,christian studies should be mandatory in schools too and students could opt for any of the two.

2 Likes

Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by Deapexboy(m): 9:32pm On Jul 02, 2017
Hmmmm a not understanding this kolanut chewing government
Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by Badonasty(m): 9:32pm On Jul 02, 2017
valleygirl:

Why are we not studying Chinese we trade with? I am sure the phone you use to type the above is made in China.

Yh...designed by Apple in California and assembled in china
Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by mecussey(m): 9:33pm On Jul 02, 2017
I still wonder why Nigeria misplaces priority foolishly, no hope for this country at all. One step forward, 10 steps backward.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by Richy4(m): 9:33pm On Jul 02, 2017
They should have added Russian, Spanish and German to the Arabic so that the students can make a wide range of choice...

1 Like

Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by Kendrick80(m): 9:33pm On Jul 02, 2017
I disagree...we should learn other religions too so we can understand each other better.
Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by marley145: 9:33pm On Jul 02, 2017
babanla nonsense studies, taking you where after studying it?

1 Like

Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by ephi123(f): 9:33pm On Jul 02, 2017
Anikulhapo:

Even Yoruba and Igbo are not compulsory, so y should arabic be?

Exactly. Good point.
Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by nwaimoroseyaho: 9:34pm On Jul 02, 2017
peteregwu:
They are very correct! A normal Christian should shun Arabic classes. Except if he or she wants to search and confirm if truly Mohammed got married to a 6yr old and consummated it at age 9. grin
Baddest
Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jul 02, 2017
thesicilian:
Good idea, wrong approach.
The best way to fell a tree is to uproot it totally. If indeed Arabic studies has been made compulsory in schools, telling Christian students to boycott it may only earn them punishments. It is better if this anomaly is fought from the roots: the legislation itself should be reversed completely. Which should not be difficult at all now that we have a Christian as President.
Good point Sir but, I am getting the feeling that they are reffering to Arabic the language as opposed to the religion. Am I correct to assume that you see no need to learn the language too?
Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by FOLLEY20(m): 9:35pm On Jul 02, 2017
This Jihadist are coming again in another dimension of Islamization.

3 Likes

Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by Benekruku(m): 9:35pm On Jul 02, 2017
Badonasty:

You said it all......

Just misinformation and unenlightenment of the men of God!

2 Likes

Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by undefeateds: 9:35pm On Jul 02, 2017
May GOD govern d life of everyone that voted in buhari exactly d way APC is governing Nigeria IN JESUS NAME

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by ibagbea: 9:36pm On Jul 02, 2017
I don't know who is dumber,the leaders or the followers..
they should take Hebrew instead now....students were asked to choose one foreign language, either French or Arabic, so who is forcing anyone to take Arabic..
if you use your brain like you always rushes here to make comments you will know that Arabic is one of the most recognized in the world after English and French..

3 Likes

Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by praxisnetworks: 9:36pm On Jul 02, 2017
Badonasty:

Don't be fooled.

2 Likes

Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by didijay(m): 9:37pm On Jul 02, 2017
They are hypocrites how about them that compel Muslim students to attend church in their various privately own universities? They lack the moral justification to say a thing

6 Likes

Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by bolaray5050(m): 9:37pm On Jul 02, 2017
Very good development. Our religious leaders should speak more on this issue. It is only in Nigeria that such things happen. We have more important issues than arabic studies that is of no value to non-christians. Kudos to our church leaders...

2 Likes

Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by middlebelter(m): 9:38pm On Jul 02, 2017
I want to express my gratitude to these men of God for the boldness to speak out.
I am particularly worried that the current minister of education in connivance with PMB are trying to Islamise Nigerias through the back door.

Another major concern I have on this matter is the seeming silence of the. Catholic body in Nigeria. Cardinal Olubunmi Okogie due to reasons of old age may not be speaking out as usual, but what has happened to the Catholic Secretariat, Cardinal Oniayekan, Bishop Matthew Kukah etc.

If we keep quiet, we shall all surprised what the minister and his Jamb boss partner will do to Christianity in this country. Want evidence? Go to University of Ilorin to confirm what the Oloyedes did.

4 Likes

Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by Obere4u: 9:38pm On Jul 02, 2017
Are we sure those greedy pastors know where this issue started from? Why are they treating the issue now? Why were they mute in 2012 when it was first introduced? Where were they when Jonathan accepted the recommendation?
Thought those pastors are educated to be brainwashed or are they mixing politics with their pastoral work?
Instead of stopping Arabic alone, we can as well as stop all other foreign languages being taught in our schools.
Bunch of greedy old men.

4 Likes

Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by ashunda101: 9:39pm On Jul 02, 2017
happy new month bonus offer view details

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Omega Power Ministries (OPM) Empowers Rehabilitated Sex Workers (Photos) / "Pastor Prays And Boys Hand Grows Back To Normal Inside Church" (video) / Seeing Faeces (sh#t) In the Dream, What Does It Mean?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.