Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,899 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:01 PM

Quitting My Bank Job And Travelling To Canada For MSC, The Right Move ?? - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Quitting My Bank Job And Travelling To Canada For MSC, The Right Move ?? (21346 Views)

Should I Resign My Good Bank Job And Start A Business? / How Much Money Should I Save Before Quitting My Job? / Quitting My Lucrative Job For A Degree In Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Quitting My Bank Job And Travelling To Canada For MSC, The Right Move ?? by sharpwriter(m): 11:27am On Jul 03, 2017
Oyindidi:
Why allow your father to decide for you? You are matured enough to take decisions like this.

A lady sold her house and other properties and travelled to Canada few years ago. She's back in Nigeria broke.
I'm not saying that will be your case.
please, expatiate to us... wetin drive am com back? was she deported or what?
Re: Quitting My Bank Job And Travelling To Canada For MSC, The Right Move ?? by Tecno66: 11:36am On Jul 03, 2017
After the program, please make effort to settle there. The country welcome immigrants.
TD4real:
Dear nairalanders, plz i need advice from experienced minds. I am 28 years old and have been workin in a Bank for three years ( i am fairly confortable ). But i have been under pressure by my dad to advance my studies abroad.

The issue here is that it feels i will be starting life all over again, after the MSC then what ? Come back ? Job search again?? I also have a girl friend i have been committed to and we both have been planning to settle down next yr.

I am so confused and i cant plan my future any longer. Some people have adviced that living abroad is always better than nigeria while others have said , if you are ok here why move.

Plz career experts and experinced ones should plz advice me putting into consideration my relationship commitments too.
Re: Quitting My Bank Job And Travelling To Canada For MSC, The Right Move ?? by Presh555(m): 11:43am On Jul 03, 2017
TD4real:
Dear nairalanders, plz i need advice from experienced minds. I am 28 years old and have been workin in a Bank for three years ( i am fairly confortable ). But i have been under pressure by my dad to advance my studies abroad.

The issue here is that it feels i will be starting life all over again, after the MSC then what ? Come back ? Job search again?? I also have a girl friend i have been committed to and we both have been planning to settle down next yr.

I am so confused and i cant plan my future any longer. Some people have adviced that living abroad is always better than nigeria while others have said , if you are ok here why move.

Plz career experts and experinced ones should plz advice me putting into consideration my relationship commitments too.

My advice, ask God in prayers He will guide you but from experience, resigning isn't a good thing though when you are living comfortably in Nigeria.

Remember you are starting all over again and if your course is not marketable over there(medicine/nursing) you might have issues getting a job.

Canada is a good place to live if you can get a secure job over there.
Re: Quitting My Bank Job And Travelling To Canada For MSC, The Right Move ?? by Presh555(m): 11:48am On Jul 03, 2017
corpersforum:
It's a nice move. In fact, a great one. MSC I the main. Go for your MSC, then come back and go for a higher position in the bank or anywhere else.

Studying your MSC abroad Is a big deal meeehnn

Story for the gods... Once you leave the system, you are out. No-one will reserve a position for you until you come.

With the situation of Nigeria, most jobs are gotten on a B.Sc. level not even Masters.
Re: Quitting My Bank Job And Travelling To Canada For MSC, The Right Move ?? by pedi(m): 11:49am On Jul 03, 2017
Oga them no day tell blind man say rain the fall,even buhari don taya for this country that why him the UK!!!!

Re: Quitting My Bank Job And Travelling To Canada For MSC, The Right Move ?? by Presh555(m): 11:55am On Jul 03, 2017
tensazangetsu20:

Does the guy even know what it means to go to Oxford university. Some people just stay at home and type any rubbish on the Internet.
Forget that thing, face reality... Getting a job is based on who you know n majorly God

1 Like

Re: Quitting My Bank Job And Travelling To Canada For MSC, The Right Move ?? by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:01pm On Jul 03, 2017
Presh555:

Forget that thing, face reality... Getting a job is based on who you know n majorly God
Your own opinion.
Re: Quitting My Bank Job And Travelling To Canada For MSC, The Right Move ?? by samijay8(m): 12:08pm On Jul 03, 2017
better offload yourself go Canada. not a job you may be called tomorrow that it's over
Re: Quitting My Bank Job And Travelling To Canada For MSC, The Right Move ?? by sunnyeinstein(m): 1:20pm On Jul 03, 2017
onatisi:

My brother own and his family cost him close to 50 million.

Just shift lemme faint!

Re: Quitting My Bank Job And Travelling To Canada For MSC, The Right Move ?? by onatisi(m): 1:34pm On Jul 03, 2017
sunnyeinstein:

Just shift lemme faint!
grin
Re: Quitting My Bank Job And Travelling To Canada For MSC, The Right Move ?? by Del123: 1:38pm On Jul 03, 2017
I will like to ask you a few questions. Do you have an admission and a study visa yet? If your answer is no then please go ahead and marry. But if your answer is yes, then another question is: who is sponsoring or facilitating you education? You must be able to pay your tuition and trust me when I tell you tuition is no joke here(at least $8000/semester) and your MSc will span for nothing less than 3 semesters so without someone footing your bills or if you don't have $24000 please don't embark on that journey you will only be starting something you cannot finish having sacrificed so much it will be a shame for you not to accomplish anything in the end. But if you do have someone to bankroll your tuition then you are good to go in other words, get married either way even if it's just a court wedding(you need the marriage certificate issued by court), when you get here you can apply for a visiting Visa for your wife, once she is in Canada you can apply for her postgraduate work permit she will be given a 2yrs work permit. By the way MSc guarantees nothing here. Best of luck

3 Likes

Re: Quitting My Bank Job And Travelling To Canada For MSC, The Right Move ?? by benninwa(m): 1:40pm On Jul 03, 2017
If your dad is sponsoring it, go and do your masters. If you don't get a job there afterwards, you didn't hustle hard enough but I'm sure you will get a job. When you finish and want to return, you can return to the bank job. As long as you left on a good note and have a lot of good rapport with your group head and other management members.
Re: Quitting My Bank Job And Travelling To Canada For MSC, The Right Move ?? by fastlane84: 1:58pm On Jul 03, 2017
Oyindidi:
Why allow your father to decide for you? You are matured enough to take decisions like this.

A lady sold her house and other properties and travelled to Canada few years ago. She's back in Nigeria broke.
I'm not saying that will be your case.

tarh
arsi....
Re: Quitting My Bank Job And Travelling To Canada For MSC, The Right Move ?? by Oyindidi(f): 2:04pm On Jul 03, 2017
fastlane84:

tarh
arsi....
Idawhu
Re: Quitting My Bank Job And Travelling To Canada For MSC, The Right Move ?? by kelzgie: 2:16pm On Jul 03, 2017
TD4real:

Bro...studying in Canada or U.S doesn't need you to come back to Nigeria....once done, stay der..get a job..and I tell you ..in less than 2 years..you'd be cruising in happiness,.#experienceTalk
Re: Quitting My Bank Job And Travelling To Canada For MSC, The Right Move ?? by Xtargold(f): 2:25pm On Jul 03, 2017
It's a good move,i made same move about a year ago and i have no regrets. But make sure you secure your admission and visa before leaving your current job. As for your relationship,it's not going to be easy though,i hope she understands but never make the mistake of promising her you will come back to her if you are not very sure. All the best Sir.
Re: Quitting My Bank Job And Travelling To Canada For MSC, The Right Move ?? by igeoff: 2:40pm On Jul 03, 2017
I was in your shoes three years ago; I worked for a downstream oil and gas company. I was really comfortable by Nigerian standard. I had the opportunity of going to Canada. I resigned from my job and left.

For two years I did survival jobs. But last year I landed a senior position in one of Canada's choicest oil and Gas company. Today I'm so happy for the decision I made to leave NIGERIA even though the people around me were against it at the time

3 Likes

Re: Quitting My Bank Job And Travelling To Canada For MSC, The Right Move ?? by igeoff: 2:52pm On Jul 03, 2017
You could become a permanent resident after your studies. Make up your mind to do some survival jobs initially. With time you will land your dream job. I'm a living testimony. Doesn't mean it works out for everybody though but give it a shot.

Life in Canada is great compared to Nigeria. Good security; education for your future kids; great infrastructures and a far better standard of living.
Re: Quitting My Bank Job And Travelling To Canada For MSC, The Right Move ?? by Streamsyjd(f): 4:19pm On Jul 03, 2017
i will strongly advice you to go for your msc in canada.
my husband now, my boyfriend then had this same opportunity and i supported him in 2015, that was like 2 years of relationship. of course i had a mixed feeling cos you never know what will happen but we ddnt do anything like introduction cos of uncertainty though we were committed. he came back for the wedding in 2016 and he applied for me spousal open work permit. infact they gave me they my visa four month to the expiry of his visa. if we got married before he left i would have joined him probably last year. As MSC student, you have automatic 3 years work permit once the school give you a letter you have completed your degree, after one year of working you can apply for permanent residence. i got to canada in May 2017 and i am working at the moment.
please did you just say you are still considering staying in Nigeria. you wont understand until you get here!
even your bosses will not think about this twice!

2 Likes

Re: Quitting My Bank Job And Travelling To Canada For MSC, The Right Move ?? by dayjeee(m): 4:43pm On Jul 03, 2017
TD4real:

bro pls go for Msc in Canada so

far u can afford it, Nigeria is bleeped. I wish all d best in life.
Can you pls help me with a bank Job. I will soon be through with my Nysc and I dont want to be a liability on anyone. thanks bro
Re: Quitting My Bank Job And Travelling To Canada For MSC, The Right Move ?? by ajibolag(m): 5:54pm On Jul 03, 2017
Streamsyjd:
i will strongly advice you to go for your msc in canada.
my husband now, my boyfriend then had this same opportunity and i supported him in 2015, that was like 2 years of relationship. of course i had a mixed feeling cos you never know what will happen but we ddnt do anything like introduction cos of uncertainty though we were committed. he came back for the wedding in 2016 and he applied for me spousal open work permit. infact they gave me they my visa four month to the expiry of his visa. if we got married before he left i would have joined him probably last year. As MSC student, you have automatic 3 years work permit once the school give you a letter you have completed your degree, after one year of working you can apply for permanent residence. i got to canada in May 2017 and i am working at the moment.
please did you just say you are still considering staying in Nigeria. you wont understand until you get here!
even your bosses will not think about this twice!

please I'm planning to come to Canada after my degree to work and then do post graduate studies , how feasible is this? Thanks
Re: Quitting My Bank Job And Travelling To Canada For MSC, The Right Move ?? by abuhari: 6:03pm On Jul 03, 2017
are you a permanent staff or outsource, please further your study is very important.
Re: Quitting My Bank Job And Travelling To Canada For MSC, The Right Move ?? by chineduemmao: 6:19pm On Jul 03, 2017
Del123:
I will like to ask you a few questions. Do you have an admission and a study visa yet? If your answer is no then please go ahead and marry. But if your answer is yes, then another question is: who is sponsoring or facilitating you education?...
you no even read the post! why?
Re: Quitting My Bank Job And Travelling To Canada For MSC, The Right Move ?? by TD4real: 8:52pm On Jul 03, 2017
Thank you all for your contributions and advices, would have loved to respond to some people individually but coming back from work at this time, very tired already.
Re: Quitting My Bank Job And Travelling To Canada For MSC, The Right Move ?? by IamUdo(m): 1:56am On Jul 04, 2017
YES.
Re: Quitting My Bank Job And Travelling To Canada For MSC, The Right Move ?? by obiohaprince: 10:44am On Jul 27, 2017
I applied for students visa since februaey 6th, uptill now, i have not heard from the canadian embassy, my school resumes 3 of sept. what do i do?
Re: Quitting My Bank Job And Travelling To Canada For MSC, The Right Move ?? by afroxyz: 1:02pm On Jul 27, 2017
Why not tell your dad to give you the money and start a biz here in naija. 7m-10m no be beans.
Re: Quitting My Bank Job And Travelling To Canada For MSC, The Right Move ?? by Shukran(f): 11:42am On Aug 05, 2017
Present location...
Re: Quitting My Bank Job And Travelling To Canada For MSC, The Right Move ?? by Shukran(f): 11:44am On Aug 05, 2017
obiohaprince:
I applied for students visa since februaey 6th, uptill now, i have not heard from the canadian embassy, my school resumes 3 of sept. what do i do?

Call them. Is your passport with them or you apply online?
Re: Quitting My Bank Job And Travelling To Canada For MSC, The Right Move ?? by obiohaprince: 11:15am On Aug 15, 2017
my passport is with them, i did paper application. and when you call them, they tell you to send a mail, when you do no response.
Shukran:

Call them. Is your passport with them or you apply online?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee / Things To Consider Before Dating A Co-worker / BREAKING: Angry Workers Shut Down La Casera

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.